Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Emma has a house and Hook is with her? I'm trying not to get too excited. Is she still driving her bug around? That seems kind of silly when she should just be able to poof herself, and anyone else, anywhere. I guess cars are cheaper than CGI. And they have backseats... 

• Love 1

The bug is sort of an integrated part of who Emma is though.  So her driving around instead of just poofing herself all over creation might actually be a good sign.

What I sort of can't get over with the house pic is the white picket fence.  Aren't white picket fence houses usually sort of equal to family, children, stability, American dream type of life?  Probably overthinking it, but it sort of sends a strong message if this is Emma acting on her inner most desires and the things that she never had but really wanted when she was growing up and even as an adult.

I never pegged Emma as the marrying type, but the whole Walsh thing and the convo in the Hook in the woods sort of debunked that for me personally.  

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, that house is the epitome of evil.

No, seriously now, if that's really Emma's house is the total opposite of what I would have expected for her, dark or not. It looks really old-fashioned.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
(edited)

Wait, how do we know that's actually Emma's house? Is the fan just speculating because the yellow bug is out front, or did she hear from a PA?

But...YAY!!! if it is indeed Emma's house! About damn time. But...boo that it doesn't have a view overlooking the water.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 3

Supposedly pics of the inside. Dark Swan REALLY needs to update that kitchen. I like the towery/turrety bit. Very fairy tale-ish indeed. Emma must have that desire for the whole white picket fence ideal.

Pics date from 2012.  Yes, this is what I do with my time at work.

Wow, that house is the epitome of evil.

There's nothing sinister about the house, like at all.  I'm assuming they wanted a cross between something normal and castley looking (with that touret type-looking-thingy)

But...YAY!!! if it is indeed Emma's house! About damn time. But...boo that it doesn't have a view overlooking the water.

She can conjure the view for him?

I really hope it's true. Wow. Emma finally having her own home. It only took 5 seasons.

Love the outside but inside is kinda creeping me out. Yikes.

• Love 1
(edited)

Apparently the location report refers to it as Emma's house.

The online realty listing for the house with bigger pics.

Inside is too frilly & outdated for my tastes. I hope it's been updated.

So, are the dwarves now trying to get the hell out of town because Dark Swan is simply too much to deal with?

Edited by Souris

So, are the dwarves now trying to get the hell out of town because Dark Swan is simply too much to deal with?

I'm surprised they haven't done a storyline about some of the residents wanting to leave town, yet. This would be the perfect opportunity.

(edited)

Leroy's van by the town line.

What if the house is outside the town line?  JMo mentioned something about Hook and Emma maybe could be happy in the middle of the crazy (during Comic Con).  I don't know if it's an informed answer, but that would actually be the thing that makes the most sense for her to cross the town line and be outside of Storybrooke.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

I saw a spec that maybe they're trying to push Dark Swan over the town line.

I could see the town residents thinking that might work, but the audience knows Emma's magic can work outside of the town line. Actually, that could be an interesting plot twist. Emma goes and starts playing with dark magic in the real world and the lame Home Office plot can come back into play! (Please, no.)

• Love 2
(edited)

She probably stole it. Once a thief always a thief.

Yeah isn't Emma's magic able to work outside the town line? I use to head canon that the reason why Emma never had a permanent home was because her parents saw her do magic and it freaked them out.

Edited by mjgchick
  • Love 2
(edited)

It would be tough for them to subdue her to force her over if she didn't want to go. Could they manage to get the no-magic cuff on her? Something like that could be the drastic/crossing the line thing Snowing does to try to help her. Maybe Snow & David disagree about doing it. I'd think Dark Swan would feel very betrayed by it.

Would there be enough of Emma left in Dark Swan to want to protect her family by leaving town?

Edited by Souris
(edited)

Emma is getting her own place?!! Finally!! Does this mean we may finally get CS Coffee? I probably won't even care if the first on-screen CS coffee time happens when Emma is a villain/semi-villain. 

ETA: I somehow can't see Dark Emma leaving Storybrooke just to stay outside the border. Not even for Henry's sake. She would be more likely to kidnap Henry and take him back to New York so she can live the Dream.

Edited by Rumsy4
I could see the town residents thinking that might work, but the audience knows Emma's magic can work outside of the town line.

Okay, but Emma's light magic is part of her, she was born with it and the Dark One's magic isn't.  Shouldn't it technically stop working like it did with Rumple the moment he was forced out of town.  Chernabog was a magical creature that evaporated the moment it went over the town line.  So unless they go with a massive retcon on this one, Dark One magic shouldn't follow her outside of Storybrooke.

In a way, her leaving town and living outside of Storybrooke even if it's just a mile out of it makes sense with what JMo said.  It makes Emma free of all responsibility, she doesn't have to deal with magic, she's not in the town to care enough about what happens there.  If Hook is there and she gets to see Henry then I'm guessing that will make her happy enough that she won't want to go back or even lose being Dark Swan because it actually affords her the life she might've been wanting for herself for a long time.  

If Dark Swan goes, then she's back to being the Savior again with the pressure of saving everyone and putting her life on hold to give people their happy endings and saving them from the next catastrophe.

Okay, but Emma's light magic is part of her, she was born with it and the Dark One's magic isn't.  Shouldn't it technically stop working like it did with Rumple the moment he was forced out of town. Chernabog was a magical creature that evaporated the moment it went over the town line. So unless they go with a massive retcon on this one, Dark One magic shouldn't follow her outside of Storybrooke.

I don't think it would be a retcon if Emma kept the Dark One's magic outside of Storybrooke. (I know, I know...I'm actually defending the show here for a second.) We already know the rules about Emma's Dark One powers are going to change because she can't be summoned by the dagger, so I could see the writers saying Emma's dark powers mixed with her innate light magic, which means it can work outside of the town border.

Or we could all be way off and Grumpy is just letting in yet another villain from the outside world into Storybrooke. (I still can't believe that was an actual plot point last season.)

• Love 2

I'm going to cringe for the scenes where Emma and Regina fight over Henry but Regina wont be as bad ass as Season 1 Emma was so it'll be even more annoying.

Are we no longer getting Camelot scenes like the first two episodes?

That's pretty much my dream house, though the interior would require extensive redecoration. The wallpaper is more evil than any Dark One.

I wonder if they'll use the interior at all or just the exterior and then have sets for the interior.

• Love 4
(edited)

It probably depends on how often they plan to use it, how much budget they have and how the homeowners feel about them using it!

Edited by Souris

I usually roll my eyes when people shout "dream sequence!" but... that house is SO twee and cutesy. Is that really what the Dark Swan -- who now dresses like she's in an 80s German electronica band -- would go for? Surely it's some sort of fantasy?

• Love 1

I usually roll my eyes when people shout "dream sequence!" but... that house is SO twee and cutesy. Is that really what the Dark Swan -- who now dresses like she's in an 80s German electronica band -- would go for? Surely it's some sort of fantasy?

God, that would be cruel.

OPENING SCENE: Normal Emma wakes up in her nice Victorian mansion next to her pirate boyfriend. The sun is out, the birds are chirping, they have some quick coffee, they make scrambled eggs downstairs and watch Henry play with grandma and grandpa in the backyard with the white picket fence when...

CUT SCENE: Bam! Emma wakes up and she's back to being the Dark One all alone.

• Love 2

I'm apparently behind on official Once media but I just watched the Comic Con promo and...what?  "No one knows the lure of evil more than I", said by Snow White. 

Time out.

Snow knows the lure evil more than anyone else?  I'm guessing that she'll be standing beside Regina should this little speech make it onto the show (bonus points if Rumpel is also contrived to be in attendance) and there won't be any hint of irony?  I'm not an advocate for Regina or Rumpel becoming the new Savior (though we all know it will be the former), as I want Emma to somehow save herself through the inspiration of her family, but Snow's voice over would make YEARS more sense coming from either of them.  Snow's actions (regarding Emma and Regina respectively) have been questionable since the Curse broke, and taking Lily from Mal was deplorable, but while the Evil Queen and the (former) Dark One are around, she is not at the top of the list when it comes to the lure of evil.  I really hope that was just for Comic Con/promotional purposes and stays far away from the actual episodes. 

• Love 3

Don't worry, it won't be in the show, it sounds like the equivalent of Rumple's monologue for the Queens of Darkness 4B promo...just something out there for dramatic hype.

• Love 1

RE: Emma's new house

I think that they should have taken lots of outside photos and film and if they wanted to use the inside they could have taken lots of photos of the rooms so they could recreate them on a stage if they wanted to. Good way to use the house but not really make it a long term deal with the homeowners. Or maybe it's not her house at all, though that'll make me sad.

I'm interested to see if Hook will "hook" up (heh) with her being Evil Emma, though Belle didn't seem to have moral issues with Rumple. Rumple still had the capability to love. Hopefully Emma still has that.

Maybe she'll pull an Angel and go evil when they sleep together.

Anyway, it's late and the spoilers are confusing. Hope she's gotten her own place regardless of if it's this house or not.

(edited)

Perhaps Emma poofed herself her childhood dream house as her own recompense for her miserable childhood...a sort of "from me, to me, with love" deal....or she turfed Happy out of his home and took it just because she liked it and hates him....

Maybe Snowing and company were at town line because they were sending Snowflake to saftey with one of the dwarves???

Perhaps Killian is being held captive, tied up in a good way, in the basement. .

Edited by PixiePaws1
  • Love 2

I think Watt raises a good point: if this was going to be Emma's house for good, it'd be a set on the sound-stage. The location shoot suggests it is temporary, whatever it is (unless they just did exteriors, but the reports suggest they shot inside). So many people on tumblr are going to be so disappointed.

• Love 1

If they did film inside, aren't those interior pictures from a real estate listing from 2008? I could be reading that wrong, but I thought that was the original listing date. It could look quite different inside now.

(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they film inside the house that was standing as Regina's? I don't think they built a set for that one, did they?

You're correct. Regina's house was never a set. Neither was Gold's shop, I believe. I could be mistaken, but I heard the new owners of Regina's house no longer allow the production to film.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1
(edited)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't they film inside the house that was standing as Regina's? I don't think they built a set for that one, did they?

I think you're right but I can't confirm it. I think it very well could be Emma's new house but I don't want to jump to conclusions until I've seen them film there more.

Guess it depends on how often they will have scenes there. I wish one day I could just peek at one episodes budget lol.

Also I had terrible Capt. Swan dreams last night which means I shouldn't check here right before bed.

Edited by Watt
  • Love 2
You're correct. Regina's house was never a set. Neither was Gold's shop, I believe.

The exterior of Gold's shop is an actual store in Stevenston, but the interior is a set (as is Grannies). Regina's house interior and exterior are an actual house. Her office is in a building in Fort Langley while her office interior is a set.

I thought that because the new owners wouldn't let them film there, that the crew had to build the interior of Regina's house now. Hmm...

Am I the only one who kind of hopes this isn't Emma's new house? She's been living in that loft for so long with the Charmings and a baby that it seems kind of odd that she would move out now. My only guess is that perhaps this ties into the scenes on the dock with Henry and Regina and she's maybe trying to pull away from people to fix this Dark Curse thing. And to be fair, I've read so many Captain Swan fanfics that I hoped she would move from the loft to Jolly Roger and not into her own place. I know, something is wrong with me.

(edited)
I thought that because the new owners wouldn't let them film there, that the crew had to build the interior of Regina's house now. Hmm...

I think that's the main reason they have a lot of scenes of Regina in the mausoleum.  And since Reggie couldn't have sex with Robin at home, couldn't put up Marian at her place, stuff went down in the mausoleum instead.

About "Emma's" house, it's likely temporary and probably a manifestation of Emma's most inner desires.  I'm assuming this is a move towards her getting her own set after the Dark Swan phase is done and over.  I can't imagine her going back to the loft especially after having made her feelings for Hook rather clear to everyone.

And to be fair, I've read so many Captain Swan fanfics that I hoped she would move from the loft to Jolly Roger and not into her own place.

The JR is so impractical though...

-No closet space.  Every girl needs closet space!  

-No plumbing.  

-A really small and cramped bed that doesn't look all that comfy.  If they fight, he'll have to sleep on the floor or in a chair. There's also the deck.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 4

Am I the only one who kind of hopes this isn't Emma's new house? She's been living in that loft for so long with the Charmings and a baby that it seems kind of odd that she would move out now.

Can you really imagine Dark One Emma living in the same place as her parents? (Actually, I can, and it's hilarious. I hope we get a couple minutes of that in the beginning episodes.) But if the darkness gives Emma a bunch of confidence and lets her be carefree, of course she'd want to move out and get something that she's been wanting for a while. Pre-Dark One Emma even said she needed to get her own place, so Dark One Emma is finally acting upon that.

And no, you're not the only one hoping this isn't Emma's new house. With all the hints they've dropped about Emma liking the waterfront (Tallahassee is her happy ending, the childhood painting of the seaside, she goes to the docks to think, Henry mentioned looking for an apartment with a seaside view, she's dating a freaking pirate, etc.), I thought her dream place would be a cozy little place overlooking the marina and Hook's ship.

• Love 5

It could overlook the sea once they are done with postproduction. They may not have even shot any exteriors since no one saw outside shooting and no shots of them entering.

• Love 1

Yeah, it's possible it was too difficult for them to find a house with sea view (are there any near where they film?) which had all the space and things required to film, and whose owners would let them rent.

• Love 1
(edited)

Gold's shop was a rented storefront in Steveston for seasons 1 and 2. They gave up the lease because they didn't need the shop much for season 3 and built a practical set for the front room of the shop in the studio. The back room of the shop has always been a practical set.

Edited by orza

The JR is so impractical though...

-No closet space.  Every girl needs closet space!  

-No plumbing.  

-A really small and cramped bed that doesn't look all that comfy.  If they fight, he'll have to sleep on the floor or in a chair. There's also the deck.

Also, it's not a great place for when she has Henry. Given her own childhood issues, I can't imagine her picking out a place where her kid (himself a native to the land without magic who is used to Netflix and video games) doesn't have his own room waiting for him whenever he wants it.

Plus that room and that bed were where Hook shared his life with Milah. Emma's not one to get too hung up on anyone's past, but that might be a bit much.

She absolutely should have a place on the water so she and Hook can keep a close eye on the Jolly and visit it regularly. But the Jolly being their only home base isn't quite enough. 

• Love 4
Yeah, it's possible it was too difficult for them to find a house with sea view (are there any near where they film?) which had all the space and things required to film, and whose owners would let them rent.

There are lots of places with sea or river views in the filming region - and lots of shows/movies have used such houses. North and West Vancouver where Once films a lot of the wooded scenes and both have a lot of options. There are lots of great inlets..

A sea view probably wasn't something they wanted in Emma's house. Perhaps conciously, Dark Swan wants to seperate herself from Hook? The house does not seem like the sort of house that Emma would want on her own - she's always gone for fairly modern looking/industrial places (her appartments in Boston and New York). So, I suspect there is some Dark One influence on the house choice.

So, I suspect there is some Dark One influence on the house choice.

The house has a turret and that's likely on purpose.

In Boston though, she lived on her own and her apartment in Manhattan, well I'd live there.  The house seems to be part Dark Swan, part Emma.  

I think season 3 (accidentally maybe since Emma was in search of home) really set the stage for what we're about to see with her this season or at least part of it.

• Love 1

I always thought that Emma's fantastic Manhattan apartment reflected Regina's magic more than it reflected Emma's own taste. That much space in that location would obviously cost a gazillion dollars (low estimate). No matter how well Emma was doing with her work, she wouldn't have been able to manage it on her own, especially since as a bailbondsperson her income likely would have been up and down based on who walked in the door and who tried to skip bail. 

The apartment in Boston was pretty standard and generic. The historic, character-heavy apartments in Boston tend to be the more expensive ones and that would have left magic-free Emma with the more modern look as her default option.

Likewise, in cutesy magically-created Storybrooke, designed to be a stereotypical coastal Maine town, the default would look more like... well, the house we think may be Emma's. A sleek, modern high rise space isn't going to be an option. 

I'm not sure we know Emma's style in housing at all. I'm not sure Emma knows her own style since she's used to having all of her possessions fit in a box in the back of her Bug.  I think she may just have a habit of taking whatever's in front of her assuming that the price/location/size is right. 

• Love 2

I'm not sure we know Emma's style in housing at all. I'm not sure Emma knows her own style since she's used to having all of her possessions fit in a box in the back of her Bug. I think she may just have a habit of taking whatever's in front of her assuming that the price/location/size is right. 

This is a good point. We can't even say Emma would pick a bright yellow house to match the style car she drives because she technically stole the yellow bug from Neal. I think the only item that's quintessentially Emma that she picked out on her own is her red leather jacket collection, so we know she like bold colors. And she also supposedly picked out the cutesy pink dress for her date with Hook, which actually kind of goes along with the style of the Victorian house.

Also, it's not a great place for when she has Henry. Given her own childhood issues, I can't imagine her picking out a place where her kid (himself a native to the land without magic who is used to Netflix and video games) doesn't have his own room waiting for him whenever he wants it.

Theoretically, a ship like that should have more than one cabin. The crew might have slept in hammocks belowdecks, but there should be a cabin for the other officers, as well as a galley and an officers' mess. Hook could give Henry his old room, the one he had when his brother was the captain. But yeah, plumbing would be a huge issue. It might be fun to "camp" on the Jolly Roger for a night, but living there at port wouldn't be so great.

I wonder if that idealized white picket fence type house might be a "last temptation of Emma Swan" kind of thing, where the Dark One is showing her the life she could have if she'd just give in and accept what she can do with all the power the Dark One gives her. If we're going by Rumple as an example, but Dark One feeds into resentments and insecurities. Coward Rumple resented being bullied, so he became the bully and was obsessed with power. Emma would quite reasonably have some resentments about what she hasn't been able to have, and the perfect home like that might be one of them.

• Love 3

I'm just looking through the filming pictures. Did they really just slap a black trench coat on "Black Swan" and call it a day? Seriously? I thought they got their act together over the summer with the black feathery hood thing but obviously this crew is "one and done" in every aspect. The makeup still looks like a 5 year kid decided he wanted to be a ghost for Halloween 3 minutes before he went out trick or treating.

I also see they're actually taking this Black Swan thing literally. She's going to be in black the whole time isn't she? If that's what they're going for, they should've done the opposite. Give her black hair and some white dresses. That would still be jarring, keeping in theme with the white and black stuff and she would look a whole lot better. Then they can go to town at the $99 David's Bridal sale instead of taxing their enormous creativity and coming up with......a black trench coat.

• Love 1