Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

This new sneak peek may give you diabetes. Also, I'm embarassed for Killian's lying skills. PREPARE A LIE BEFOREHAND, DUDE.

I think maybe he doesn't really want to lie to Emma, again, so instead he's just not saying anything at all. And this has already been talked about here, but with all the stuff that Hook has done in the past that Emma already knows about, he just needs to spill the beans already!

• Love 2

But he is lying. He's saying he doesn't remember when he obviously does. And she knows he's lying and he knows that she knows. So why not cut his losses and be like "it's a really sensitive situation, and I need a bit of time to process before sharing. Can we talk about this another time?". I mean, I know why (This Show, These Writers), but he's looking really dumb.

(edited)
I think maybe he doesn't really want to lie to Emma, again, so instead he's just not saying anything at all.

This.  He doesn't wanna lie, so he pleads the fifth instead.  

And what kind of slow ass internet connection is that?  Emma is from outside of SB, I'm surprised she's not slitting her wrists over this.  There is nothing worst than a slow internet connection or Internet Explorer.

he's looking really dumb.

Well, he is.  

Edited by YaddaYadda
(edited)
But the big question is: If Emma goes dark, will her fashion choices change? As we've seen on the show, evil tends to lean toward more flamboyant attire. Co-creator Adam Horowitz says, "You would have to pry that jacket from her." Kitsis adds, "If Emma were to turn to the dark side, if there's one thing you can say about our show, it's that our costume department always rises to the challenge."

(from the TVguide article linked above.)

I thought about a joke about push-up bras and lowered necklines and expectations, but decided that was probably too easy a shot.

Edited by Mari
  • Love 2

And she knows he's lying and he knows that she knows. So why not cut his losses and be like "it's a really sensitive situation, and I need a bit of time to process before sharing. Can we talk about this another time?"

It looks like there's more to that scene and they cut off part of the conversation at the end, so there's a good chance we're missing some important dialogue from Emma. I'm hoping it's something like saying she knows he's lying but she'll wait for him to tell her on his own terms.

Either way, I don't care that Hook is lying/witholding information again because hallelujah we're finally getting a somewhat significant conversation between those two characters! It only took how many episodes? I'll take scenes like this over cute kisses any day. I love how well they play off each other and can easily go from cutesy flirting to serious emotional deflection in less than a minute.

• Love 6
(edited)
It would be pointless to lie anyway, because of Emma's super lie detector power. Oh, wait, that never works and no one ever remembers it unless it's convenient to the plot.

Yeah, but it's not like it's not obvious he's lying to her about not remembering.  He looks like me when I was 17 and trying to lie to my mother.

The conversation looks much longer than that and it was confirmed that there was supposed to be a whole conversation at the station between Emma and Hook.  Now, this was coming from someone who is clearly a fangirl, so we shall see, but Emma was gearing up to say something to him.

I'm just curious to see him squirm when he sees Ursula.  I can't imagine he'll be too comfortable.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Leanne Aguilera said they had a swoon-worthy conversation in the station in this episode, and that scene in the promo (where they're walking home together) Emma is wearing that jacket that's on the back of the chair in the sneak peek and they look super happy, so I'm guessing this scene ends well for them.

(edited)

This new sneak peek may give you diabetes. 

Gah, Captain Swan spikes my blood sugar. I thought it was going to be another "40-minute kissing" scene, then we finally see Emma wise up and see that Hook is lying or withholding information. Kudos to her for being the suspicious bailbondswoman I thought fell down the Black Hole of Regina. It looks like we're getting into the meatier aspects of the relationship, which is very, very welcomed in my book.

Finally, some serious conversation! I don't look at sneak peeks, but I've been waiting for something more substantial from those two!

Amen, sister!

Also I love how Emma is using Windows XP. They're really getting repetitive with the food/drink choices. Hot cocoa with cinnamon and grilled cheeses seem to be the most consistent part of this show. That root beer and these onion rings were getting kind of out there, so I'm glad they didn't delve too far into them.

I'm just curious to see him squirm when he sees Ursula.  I can't imagine he'll be too comfortable.

I bet Snowing is all shifty-eyed with Emma too. This is probably the drive to tempt Emma into going dark. She'll find out Hook, Snow and Charming screwed the Queens over at one point or another.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

And what kind of slow ass internet connection is that?  Emma is from outside of SB, I'm surprised she's not slitting her wrists over this.  There is nothing worst than a slow internet connection or Internet Explorer.

Unless it's crash-every-two-minutes Firefox.

• Love 2
It looks like we're getting into the meatier aspects of the relationship, which is very, very welcomed in my book.

Yeah, I was starting to worry that the writers considered them done (not as in "over" but as in "complete, so we don't care about writing them anymore") and their relationship was going to become nothing more than kisses and cuddles to show that they were together, but with no actual stories about them. I suppose it doesn't hurt for them (him especially) to have a role in the story as something other than Emma's boyfriend, and I'll take just the kisses if the alternative is contrived angst of the "You did something bad hundreds of years ago when you were a pirate, during that phase you already told me you were in a very dark place and not proud of? I can't deal with you" or "I couldn't tell you what was going on because Maleficent cursed my big toe" variety.

As for the sneak, telling the truth is probably a new and different thing for him that he's not entirely comfortable with. I'm not sure he has the skill set to do something as emotionally mature as telling her he needs to think before talking to her about it. He's still pretty scared of losing her (he believed she would never forgive him if she learned about the blackmail plot), and we know he's ashamed of his past. Thus the freezing here and obvious holding back but not outright lying.

• Love 2

I'm quite fond of the running gag of outdated technology in Storybrooke, but I agree it would probably drive Emma nuts.

From that article:

"It's not so much recruitment as exploiting that potential for darkness," says Kitsis. "We're going to see all of them try to see how they can use it for their own ends."

So I guess it's less about convincing Emma to turn bad and join them and more trying to goad or trick her into using dark magic. Which is good, because I find that a more believable (within the context of a fairytale show) scenario.

• Love 4

It's really crappy they're trying to make a kid remember what he did when he was an adult. That's just messed up. Yeah, possibly scar the kid emotionally, but, hey, who cares if it benefits Regina? God, this show!

• Love 2

I'm not so sure that Zelena is wearing Marian's clothes in those photos now, because apparently EVERYONE has a shawl-collared, belted grey coat on this show. Emma's coat in that scene with Pinnochio is not the same, but very, very similar. Also, Snow's coat in the reunion scene with everyone climbing out of the bug has the same shape, but in brown. I guess belted, shawl-collared coats are a big trend in Storybrooke this season.

On a different note, and I'm sure I'm alone on this one, but part of me hopes that upon seeing Ursula, Hook reverts back to his skeezy, menacing pirate self for at least a minute or two. Hello, love......

(edited)

I can just see Emma being all, "Hey remember those times you screwed me over and took off? Good times." Honestly, I don't think the writers of this show ever consider the ramifications for any character other than the one they are focusing on in the story. I think that's why they've been so confused about the negative views of Neal and Robin. It's for Regina. Pay no attention to the fact that we're traumatizing a young boy, one whose life was already screwed over by the woman we want him to help.

Remember when there was an actual murderer out there threatening the town and they pressed and pressed and did everything they could think of to make this little boy remember? Yeah, I don't either.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 3

I like that sneak peek, it's good to see Emma and Hook talking. The scene looks incomplete so maybe there is more there, but he is not telling her what he did to Ursula until we see him doing it in episode15.

• Love 1

From that article:

fans of a certain friendship will be treated to a confession scene that is heartwarming, jaw-dropping and tear-jerking all at the same time. (So yes, tissues are a must)

I'm hoping this is talking about Hook finally apologizing (for real) to Belle, but it will probably end up being about Emma/Regina.

• Love 3

I think it's pretty certain that Snowing were responsible for Lily's banishment to the Real World, maybe even leading to Mal's capture by Regina. They paid the price for separating a child from her parent by losing their own child. So, once again, it's all Snow's fault, don't you know? Poor Regina was just the instrument of retribution/karma.

I think it's pretty certain that Snowing were responsible for Lily's banishment to the Real World, maybe even leading to Mal's capture by Regina. They paid the price for separating a child from her parent by losing their own child. So, once again, it's all Snow's fault, don't you know?

That White family sure causes a lot of trouble. Such selfish people.

• Love 1

I'm hoping this is talking about Hook finally apologizing (for real) to Belle, but it will probably end up being about Emma/Regina.

I'm going to go with Snow and Regina. If Hook was going to apologize to Belle, it would have been in the past 6 weeks, which is long and gone. :/

I understand the need for journalists/bloggers/promoters/media minions to use a language that is meant to engage interest in the product, but their definitions of *shocking* *swoon-worthy* *wicked* and *spellbinding* etc., etc., etc. aren't the same in my dictionary..

To me, Emma (who is finally being allowed to look absolutely besotted with her pirate) should intelligently sit back and realize that Hook doesn't want to tell her details about that part of his past. They are beyond the surface tap dancing by now.  And at one point, as stated above, she told him it didn't MATTER what he had done in his shady past. He has told her they crossed paths. Get over it (heh) Emma hasn't exactly been totally forthcoming about every little detail of her *stuff*, either.

We have only seen a snippet of the scene and we all know that things turn on a dime in a nano second, AND from recent spoiler pics for future episodes, we are well aware that Emma and Hook are still a hot item....so any angst is just for drama, to build something of interest/sympathy for Ursula, who as of yet, has been dull and not at all threatening.. Her past appearance in the mirror to Regina was twice as entertaining and wicked.

Snow and David have already done some highly shady things, and most major shocking spellbinding wicked revelations have fallen kind of flat in the past.

Just entertain us, please, with imaginative adult wit and snark and costumes and laughs and bits of sass, sexiness and smiles. Knock off the patronizing adjectives that just end up making the writers look disingenuous.

Viewers are MUCH smarter and savvy than any of the show's creators take us for.

• Love 5
(edited)

From that article:

I'm going to go with Snow and Regina. If Hook was going to apologize to Belle, it would have been in the past 6 weeks, which is long and gone. :/

I would love for it to be Hook and Belle, but I doubt it. I hope I'm wrong, but I think their friendship in the premiere was more a "surprise! Hook and Belle are friends now" from A&E that a real friendship they want to explore.

So it's either Snow/Regina or Emma/Regina, probably the former, because of this:

Not only will the Charming Family secret be revealed by the end of Sunday's episode, fans of a certain friendship will be treated to a confession scene that is heartwarming, jaw-dropping and tear-jerking all at the same time. (So yes, tissues are a must)

However, Horowitz warns that Snow's confession is merely the "tip of the iceberg," and that this revelation will subsequently alter the way you classify what makes a hero and what makes a villain.

But, with this writers, it can also be Emma going to Regina after discovering Snow's secret to cry on her shoulder and ask her if she can stay the night.

Interview with Lana, from TV Fanatic here.

We will see it as a flashback episode, episode 14 where Regina meets Maleficent for the first time. So you see how that friendship formed. It’s a really great Maleficent backstory and Regina’s heavy in that backstory. It’s a really cool episode. There’s a lot of fun things that happen. We see how they became friends and then when you flash forward into Storybrooke you’ll see the contrast of that. It’ll be a compelling episode I think. Everyone will really like it.

I think that that’s something Regina is very concerned about because that’s probably the last thing she wants is to Emma cross that line because she knows what the outcome is. It leads to a very unhappy ending. I think she’s really going to do her best to try to help Emma along to make the right decisions and do the right thing.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 1
(edited)

However, Horowitz warns that Snow's confession is merely the "tip of the iceberg," and that this revelation will subsequently alter the way you classify what makes a hero and what makes a villain.

After all this talking up about Snow's dark secret, it better be just horrendously good. It better be positively evil. To say it's going to change the entire Charming family dynamic and how we look at the show from beginning to end is a very tall order. This has a lot of potential to be close to the Missing Year or curse breaking debacles in that there's all hype, no payoff. Which I fully expect, but geez. There's a lot of hype here. They must really be looking forward to pushing Snowing down to push the Queens and Regina up.

I think that that’s something Regina is very concerned about because that’s probably the last thing she wants is to Emma cross that line because she knows what the outcome is. It leads to a very unhappy ending.

Doesn't Regina constantly complain that being good doesn't give her a happy ending though? I can't imagine her attempting to help anyone on their way. She always wants to be dragged, kicking and screaming.

We will see it as a flashback episode, episode 14 where Regina meets Maleficent for the first time.

Alright, I'm interested in this. Maleficent was a good foil and voice of sense for Regina in 1x02. We haven't had a Regina-centric since 3x13. 

Edited by KingOfHearts

Oy. Haven't they been trying to get us to root for the villains and hate the heroes since at least season 2? This is pretty much more of the same.  

• Love 2

Sneak peek 4: the dream sequence with the Queens and Snow. It pretty much confirms that Snow did something to Maleficent.

ET article that goes with the sneak peek here.

So Snow did something terrible to her, David put an egg inside her, and Emma turned her into a pile of ashes. I think I'm on Mal's side here. She hasn't done anything to any of them.

When do we think it was that Snow wronged Mal? As a bandit or as a bratty princess? Or after Charming put the egg in her?

Doesn't Regina constantly complain that being good doesn't give her a happy ending though?

I think Regina believes that she doesn't get a happy ending in spite of being good because she's "unfairly" labeled a villain. So she might think that Emma can still get a happy ending if she never puts herself in the "villain" category.

They did not bother to properly deal with the issues between Snow and Emma from 2B through 4A. Now they're introducing something brand new to stir sh*t up between them. That's what annoys me most about this deep dark secret of Snowing.

(edited)

Okay, here's my spec. In the latest sneak peek, the Queens go to Snowing and say they want to make a "deal". This seems to be post-wedding, so they know the curse is coming. I'm guessing the deal is that they help each other escape the curse: the QOD have something that would allow them to escape (let's say, the magical tree is originally theirs?)  but they need something Snowing has. So they're probably like, let's put our resources together and in exchange for your help, we'll take your kid with us so she can come back and save y'all (of course, this thing would only take so many people). Originally the people supposed to cross over are Mal, Cruella, Ursula, and Mal's daughter Lily (who's a newborn). Snowing agree, but decide to double cross the queens because they don't trust them to take care of Emma and bring her to SB to break the curse. So they let Cruella, Ursula and baby Lily escape the curse (and this would explain why they're in the real world - even though not why they haven't aged, but whatever). When it's Maleficient's turn, they trap her or take away the tree or whatever, with the intention of having Snow cross over in her place. I don't know how this works exactly, because you'd need a couple of retcons of the tree/Geppetto/Pinocchio thing to make it work, but I'm guessing this will be probably it. Maleficient was supposed to cross over with Lily and Snowing did something to stop that. Of course, Maleficient will be only angry at Snowing and not at Regina, whose curse caused the situation in the first place, but that's par for the course.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 4
I don't know how this works exactly, because you'd need a couple of retcons of the tree/Geppetto/Pinocchio thing to make it work, but I'm guessing this will be probably it.

It's a lot more than a couple of retcons, it's changing the entire basis of the show. It is established in the Pilot that Blue brought the tree to the kingdom's attention. It is later revealed that Gepetto blackmailed Blue into saying that only one may cross.  We see Gepetto carving it. We actually see Pinocchio land in our land and the respective tree in our land explode. A short while later, Emma arrives. 

They would have to retcon all of that. Charming and Snow make a deal with the QoD and then fake being surprised at its arrival?  Blue is clueless about the entire plot? Gepetto carves away at the wardrobe for absolutely no reason at all wasting time so that Emma ends being born before his useless fiddling is complete? Charming and Snow always knew there were two more spots left in the wardrobe and never question Blue about it?  The tree in our land healed itself? Ursula and Cruella didn't wait for Mal and just dumped her daughter in the system?

If Charming and Snow always knew there were two spots left in the tree (which they would have had to know to steal one of the spots from Mal because why even make the deal if there are no spots?) why any angst at all about Charming not going with Snow and Snow not going with Emma?  And why waste all that time letting Gepetto carve the thing if it works without the carving?

(edited)

Again, i think it comes down to expectations.  The QoD go to Snowing for help, they wanna cut a deal with them.  They are heroes, so the expectations are that heroes do the right thing.  Regina is/was evil, unreasonable and bitchy on a good day.

So...

Cruella and Ursula think that Maleficent is dead.  Something in the Enchanted Forest must have happened to her for them to think that she has died.  I think that might be the end result of whatever it is that Snowing did.

One of the things that I keep going to is that Snow always chooses David, including choosing him over her children, so I'm willing to put cyber dollars on this that Snow went back on the deal because of something David related that ends up affecting Emma somehow.  

The sneak peek is very specific to something that was done Maleficent and not the two others.  It seems the two others were just tagging along.  Ursula should be able to swim between realms like Ariel.  Cruella, I don't know.

Ginny said that the QoD came to Snow and David 29 years (and the thing is based on free will whatever that means) before the curse, so she was technically already pregnant with Emma.

I hope the whole secret is not some ridiculous thing.  If you keep saying that Snowing did something horrible, then it better be horrible.  I hope it's not the Shattered Sight bs all over again.

Edited by YaddaYadda

Ginny said that the QoD came to Snow and David 29 years (and the thing is based on free will whatever that means)

Okay, I really don't get this. So when Snow White does something bad in the past, she apparently did it of her own free will. But when Regina does bad things in the past, that was all The Author's doing and she had no free fill because her fate was being controlled by the book? The hell?

• Love 6
(edited)

Ginny said that the QoD came to Snow and David 29 years (and the thing is based on free will whatever that means) before the curse, so she was technically already pregnant with Emma.

Since the sneak peek shows them coming back from their honeymoon, I believe Emma had been conceived but they didn't know Snow was pregnant yet. 

Okay, I really don't get this. So when Snow White does something bad in the past, she apparently did it of her own free will. But when Regina does bad things in the past, that was all The Author's doing and she had no free fill because her fate was being controlled by the book? The hell?

Because Snow is a "hero" and heroes apparently have free will, but villains do not.

Originally the people supposed to cross over are Mal, Cruella, Ursula, and Mal's daughter Lily (who's a newborn). Snowing agree, but decide to double cross the queens because they don't trust them to take care of Emma and bring her to SB to break the curse.

At this point, Snow and Charming didn't know about Emma or the curse in detail. They didn't go to Rumplestiltskin and learn the info until much later when Snow was very, very pregnant. At the point in time of the sneak peek, they had just gotten back from their honeymoon and gotten threats from Regina to take away their happy endings. How she was going to do it was still a mystery. So even if they met with the Queens, they still didn't know about the curse because when Rumple tells them it's new information.

Edited by KingOfHearts
(edited)

The thing for me is that Snowing doing something “horrible” to Maleficent, isn’t enough for everyone to start crying “Oh, noes! The heroes are just as bad as the villains!” These writers have proven themselves to be total drooling idiots and (IMO) don't realize that there’s a difference between terrible consequences that result from chickening out on a deal, and purposefully malicious actions taken against others because evil makes you happy (ie., murder to get your rocks off). And the latter — purposely malicious, murderous actions — is what defines true villainy. Everything Regina did for years was to commit malicious and evil atrocities against everyone. She would literally sit around gleefully thinking up ways to kill and destroy people and then would execute her evil plans (and has zero regrets about it - she's only upset about it nowadays because apparently she can't have her happy ending). That’s what makes Regina (among others) a real evil villain and that's what defines an evil villain (IMO).

Yes, good people do the wrong things and those action (or inactions) can have terrible consequences but that’s not the same as sitting around planning and then executing mass murder/life destroying schemes and never regretting it (ie, everything Regina did ever.) So unless Snow and Charming were just like “let’s fuck over the Queens of Darkness because it makes us horny”, this mysterious thing they did will fall flat and completely fail to put them in the "villain" column. And making Snowing seem as "villainous" as the actual villains (Regina) is what these Regina Permaboner writers want; they want to exonerate Woegina by trying to make everyone else look just as “evil” so that Woegina doesn’t have to ever pay for her shit. 

Will Snowing probably come off as “good guys” that fucked up? Sure. But this bullshite that The Dementors (aka the writers) are selling that “Oh, the heroes are as bad as the villains because they did something bad” is total BS because their definition of a hero's villainy is the equivalent of a five year old thinking mom and dad are evil for making them take a nap and mom and dad should burn in hell for it because how dare they.

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 5

No, her quote is lacking context. Before saying that the thing Snow did was based on "free will", she said that the only other time we saw Snow doing something bad (sleeping with a married man, I guess) she was under a curse (so not free will). I'm hoping she was subtly shading the "Snow is evil for killing Cora" subplot. Anyway, that's why she specified the free will thing.

• Love 1

Cruella is my favorite new character.

I wish I didn't get attached to characters that won't stick around. She can stay and snark all she wants if I had my way.

• Love 2

Cruella is hella better than Regina in the snark department because she's not bitchy about it or doesn't do it in an angry way either.  I didn't think I would enjoy a new character so much, but what do you know, I actually do and I'm looking forward to her.

I'm also curious to see just how close these QoD actually are, if they're really friends who go to bat for each other or if they do things when it's mutually beneficial.  I think I might be able to enjoy this a lot more if the Zelena threat wasn't looming over my head.

• Love 2
(edited)
Cruella is hella better than Regina in the snark department because she's not bitchy about it or doesn't do it in an angry way either.

Cruella also has enough of a sense of humour to snark on herself. Her "Better than blaming it on bad judgement and gin" allowed her to snark on the Author concept while also snarking on herself. I would really, really like it if Cruella could stick around. I loved the idea of her and Ursula being OAUT's AbFab duo.

So even if they met with the Queens, they still didn't know about the curse because when Rumple tells them it's new information.

Unless they are ret-conning that too. Mal seemed to know a fair bit about the curse when she advised Regina not to use it and Regina took it back from her. That was prior to the scenes in this episode, becuase it was Snow's wedding night that Regina took the scroll. If Charming and Snow are ret-conned to know about the tree before Blue told them, they might also be ret-conned into knowing about the curse earlier too.

You just know A&E will blame all this ret-conning on time travel changes.

Edited by kili
  • Love 2

Ugh. From EW

What will happen when Emma finds out about whatever secret Snow and Charming are hiding from her on Once Upon a Time? — Kyra
Snow and Charming will struggle with whether to tell their daughter the truth during Sunday’s episode. “[Emma’s] done a lot of growing over the three and a half seasons, so what happens when you find out that the person that was helping you grow might actually be as bad as the people you were trying to get away from?” executive producer Edward Kitsis says. The secret could actually push Emma closer to Regina. “Given what Emma is starting to go through and what Regina has gone through, there’s a new common ground between the two characters that will help build on that friendship,” executive producer Adam Horowitz says. “In addition to Henry, they now have something else they can share and deal with.”

So Emma and Regina are going to bond over how horrible is Snow. I hate this show so much sometimes.

• Love 10

Just loved Cruella she is deliciously Evil. Too sad she will be gone but Zelena  (totally zzzz character for me)  will likely be come back!

I' m in the camp Rumbelle will be somehow happy by the final.  Regina will have a taste of her happy ending and the fact that not just Robin or heer son but a better view of herself too. So CS will have some angtsy final. It is just how the show roll!

So Emma and Regina are going to bond over how horrible is Snow. I hate this show so much sometimes.

I know right. Ugh.

This is why I forever loathe that they never gave Emma a friend.

• Love 2
“[Emma’s] done a lot of growing over the three and a half seasons, so what happens when you find out that the person that was helping you grow might actually be as bad as the people you were trying to get away from?”

Pick me! Pick me! Pick me! I know this one.

Ahem...when you know that somebody is evil and unrepent, if you are Emma, you beg forgiveness from them, let them abuse you, try to become their BFF and will stop at nothing to get them their happy ending.

Snow and Emma will finally get a real relationship. Woo! Hoo! I'm excited.

Oh, wait...This Show, These Writers...

• Love 7
(edited)

So, now we'll have Emma calling Snow a life-ruiner too? I thought Emma and Regina already had magic in common (according to 4.5). IDEK.

Edited by Rumsy4

So this secret seems to have everything to do with Snow.  If the writers want to show Regina's character growth, then they need to show her explaining  that whatever Snow did, she felt she had to do and not fan the flames of anger.  Actually, I don't think Emma should even talk about this with Regina, but I'm assuming it will be a road trip conversation.

I don't know that Emma will find out about the secret until 416.