Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Maybe the Author is really Henry and the book is a manifestation of his childhood fantasies. Henryception.

And just like the ending to Inception, Adam & Eddy will manage to leave the entire audience waiting on pins and needles until the very last second for a resolution to the plot, but somehow the audience will be left wondering what the hell actually happened the whole time.

The whole "heroes and villains", I blame on Henry, because they put these words in his mouth and then everyone buys into it because they're idiots.

Lol, I like to blame EVERYTHING on Henry! I  am still waiting for a portal to suck him in...but so not to have too much nashing of teeth from Regina and the Charmings it is a time warp and immediately spits him back out a he becomes a ONCE version of SORAS and is 25 years old and played by a good actor...)

That article made me even more mad. I'm so tired of A&E trying to make Snowing look bad just to make Regina look better. Sorry show, no matter how many Regina tears you show me, show.

I actually think they are just going to do an alternate reality version of Once..the villains get the book and turn things about so that the Charming are the villains..which would be fun for a couple of episodes. The Snow White actress can play bad well, and well, the Prince Charming actor..well, good or bad he is pretty so.. I think a saw a pic of filming and Regina is in her Pre-Queen look with Charming so maybe that is how it will turn out, Regina will be the victim this time around.

Which, if handled correctly (BWHAHAHA) could be good, the Charmings discover what it is like to be the villains because they are "wrote that way," and Regina and the Trio can find what it is like to be crapped on for a while. Yes, yes, I know people will be screaming that this is the way to get Regina off of her crimes..but if writte and played well it could be fun.

Regina hasn't had a centric since Witch Hunt, so I'm okay with this. I'd rather watch her with Maleficent than with Robin.

A big yes to this. Plus, just because Morrison only filmed one day for one episode does not mean there will be "next to no air time for Emma." Its one episode which most likey features the back story of Regina with Maleficent and which we need to see. God let's hope Robin and Marion are happy in Boston or New York and will never come back and since Regina didn't bother to zap them up a modern wardrobe they are players in a Medeival Times Dinner Hall or something...( though I can't figure how people from their world like Ursala and Rump's kid can work with no ID or SS number but I shouldn't think those things out while watching Once.)

Edited by Mitch

though I can't figure how people from their world like Ursala and Rump's kid can work with no ID or SS number but I shouldn't think those things out while watching Once.)

There are an estimated 12 millon undocumented immigrants in the US. A few more from the Enchanted Forest doesn't make a difference. Plus, Neal's job was "Thief" and "Grifter" for a while and you don't need an SS number for that.

I'm hoping that Regina gave them some documentation to go with that money. She seems to have managed to get enough paperwork to adopt Henry and to give Emma enough documentation to enroll Henry in a school in New York, so she's probably good at forgeries.

• Love 1

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/once-a-time-sets-pinocchios-759340

Now for what you've all been waiting for... August is back in 4x14.

Intriguing. Certainly gives some weight to the idea of some alternative timeline antics. Could also be a flashback to something that happened off-screen earlier in Storybrooke, though (like Emma meeting DQ in the ice cream shop the first time).

That's what I'm thinking. If this is the Maleficent/Regina episode, I wonder if he knew about Maleficent being locked up underground or something? I know, it's a stretch.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Intriguing. Certainly gives some weight to the idea of some alternative timeline antics. Could also be a flashback to something that happened off-screen earlier in Storybrooke, though (like Emma meeting DQ in the ice cream shop the first time).

Resounding MEH on August. I'd rather see Ruby or Mulan. Maybe they need to know something he knows and freed Blue is able to re-age him for a time so they can ask him. Maybe he stumbled across Cruella or Ursula in the Land Without Magic. Maybe they all hung out in Thailand.

I don't want "much more" of Snowing and Regina before the curse. We have beaten that horse til it's glue.

I think they've totally misconstrued what people want to see. People were complaining about the focus on guest stars, so they decided to "focus on the core characters" -- by showing more of a time period they've already shown extensively. Instead of, you know, dealing with the characters' current circumstances and emotions. They are so clueless.

Edited by Souris

hmmm....while I liked Eion's character ok (so much wasted potential.  And we shall never mention the abomination that is "selfless, brave, and true"), I'm a little bit apprehensive about how they are going to work him in.  I don't mind seeing him on my tv screen again, however!

• Love 1

Don't forget, too, that Emma should still hold a grudge against him for pressuring Neal into selling her out and letting her go to prison.  While I could see that she'd eventually have forgiven Neal for that, she shouldn't let adult August off so easily.

Don't forget, too, that Emma should still hold a grudge against him for pressuring Neal into selling her out and letting her go to prison.  While I could see that she'd eventually have forgiven Neal for that, she shouldn't let adult August off so easily.

Hahahahahahahaha! Realistic reactions do not happen on this show. She doesn't care that she watched Regina burn her mother alive. She'll probably call August a hero and beg him to be her friend, too.

I think they've totally misconstrued what people want to see. People were complaining about the focus on guest stars, so they decided to "focus on the core characters" -- by showing more of a time period they've already shown extensively. Instead of, you know, dealing with the characters' current circumstances and emotions. They are so clueless.

I don't understand how introducing three villains puts focus back on the core characters. They're all scenery chewers that will gladly steal flashbacks to show their own sob stories. And like you said, why show us a time period that's already fleshed out? We've seen everything from Snowing's after-honeymoon argument to Regina's botched execution. How about giving the characters something new to work through instead, or show flashbacks of secondary characters that haven't had their stories stretched thin yet?

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

I can't figure any way August could possibly be worked into the current timeline, since Pinocchio should still be a little boy, so it would have to be a flashback to the time when he was wandering the world. Either with something to do with the Author or coming across Ursula or Cruella after they somehow crossed realms.

Now for what you've all been waiting for... August is back in 4x14.

I totally hated August as a character, but this actually piques my interest a bit. He's probably tied to The Author in some way since he was able to edit some of the pages.

Intriguing. Certainly gives some weight to the idea of some alternative timeline antics.

I'd like to see The Author have the ability to give the characters a sneak peek at what their second chance at a happy ending would have been like by allowing them to be invisible flies on the wall and witness their alternate endings firsthand. (So, basically like A Christmas Carol, I guess.) If each character had "that one moment" in the past that could have changed everything (we already know Regina's because of the new story book page), we could look at how each of the character's lives would have changed if they zigged instead of zag.

I doubt Adam & Eddy will break the structure of plot-plot-plot-useless-villain-backstory-plot-plot-plot-useless-villain-backstory, but it would be fun to have a string of episodes where we got see each character living out their alternate universe. We could see what happened if Regina went to Robin in the tavern, we could see Charming and Snow defeating the Evil Queen and getting to raise Emma as a baby, we could see what might have happened if Killian saved Liam and didn't turn into a pirate. But none of that will ever happen so I should just forget this theory altogether and accept whatever convoluted mess they give me.

• Love 2

Am I allowed to have an overreaction to this?  Because, please not August!  And yeah, he is likely tied to the Author somehow, which is actualyl them tying a loose end.  But August, no, so, booooo!

Edited by YaddaYadda

I totally hated August as a character, but this actually piques my interest a bit. He's probably tied to The Author in some way since he was able to edit some of the pages.

Did we ever find out any substantial details about the typewriter August carried around?  Maybe he stole it from the Author's house and they are flashing back because someone figures out its tied to the Author in current time period.

August is coming back? I don't know how I feel about that...I liked him well enough before it turned out how involved he was with Neal in screwing Emma over. I thought he had a good brotp going with Emma and Henry (before the disaster episode). There are a lot of mysteries about him still, like how he knew about the book, knew about Rumplestiltskin, how Neal was Baelfire, etc., etc. so I will be happy if they manage to clear up some of those issues without ruining too much stuff (concerning the author stuff I'm merely hoping for material that is at least passable and not rage-inducing). Just so long as he's brought back without any Neal nonsense.

Did we ever find out any substantial details about the typewriter August carried around?  Maybe he stole it from the Author's house and they are flashing back because someone figures out its tied to the Author in current time period.

Isn't the Author's mansion from Snow's curse? I seem to recall Belle saying in 4x01 that it was new in town.

But if August is in multiple episodes and those are flashbacks to season 1 and they are also going to flashback to the Queens of Darkness then that seems like more flashbacks by far than they can figure out how to fit in 4B.  Also, how are they going to manage that many flashbacks with August and without the core characters.  But a lot of flashbacks with core characters and August is going to be as problematic in a different way,

Maybe they realize August has a tie to the Author and Blue Fairy or Regina or Rumpel manages to make August grown again.  Then its a August/Emma/Hook triangle.  I kid.  Maybe.  The one liners from Hook about August would be funny.

Edited by ParadoxLost

I avoid all spoilers but I sneaked in here to see some reaction to August coming back, LOL.  What an idea, to bring back a character they utterly destroyed.  

The teaser they gave in one of the interviews, said we will get flashbacks of Regina, Snow and Charming pre-Curse again (groan).  Let me guess, more Snow on the run so we could get more Evil Queen?  

I shuddered at A&E saying that Snow and Charming will have a secret connection in the past with the Queens of Darkness.  I can just imagine the ways they will destroy Snowing even further.  Snow was on the run and accidentally killed Cruella's pet puppy turning her into a murderous witch out for revenge?  Maleficent was JUST about to have a change of heart when Charming burst in and provoked her into going all Dragon?  Eva accidentally broke up Maleficient's parents and caused them to have a divorce?  So really, the Queens of Darkness are owed their happy endings.

• Love 2

So, news of Eion's return is trending on my Facebook feed.  Anyone else seeing anything like this?  I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but maybe he's more popular than we think?

Saw it too. I was wondering if it was selective advertising, but maybe not!

My feed has Serial, Betty White, and the Colbert Report as the trending topics. I assume these things are at least partially tuned to your interests, location, and friends. (Though I have no idea where Betty White is coming from).

I didn't think it was that big of a deal, but maybe [August] is more popular than we think?

It's not impossible.

But I think it's mainly because it's this show. The writing for it may be terrible, but the fandom is crazy and jumps on news of returning characters or casting news or new characters like a dog to a bone. I'm assuming he's one of the characters of the past that A/E mentioned coming back, with Cinderella being a possible other.

Btw, I don't care if I have the "viewing tastes of a 12 year old", I would love to see Neal back too, even in flashbacks. There is so much unresolved with him, and he would be a breath of fresh air from the The Hook or Regina Show.

Edited by Geeni
  • Love 1

It gets better...William Shatner just tweeted Adam about the possibility of Neal coming back. Adam responded "never say never." Ugh...

If he came back, I'd want a "Dark Neal" or something. I wouldn't appreciate any Swanfire feels. Maybe he's somehow connected with the Dark One's vault now because he resurrected Rumple, and his spirit got taken there? I don't know. Point is, if Neal were to return, he'd have to have a twist. Otherwise I can't stand the blandness.

Multiple episodes for August? Really? It makes no sense. His story was wrapped, in a totally unsatisfying way, but wrapped. I guess he can be in multiple flashback: one with the Dragon in Thailand, one in Storybrooke before the curse was broken and another one with one of the Queens of Darkness in NY. Totally ridiculous, I know. But at least, Eion is easy on the eyes.

I did not think it was possible for me to become less enthused for 4B. Way to prove me wrong, show.

Yeah. But, at the same time, it's going to be such a train wreck that I'm almost looking forward to it. Edited by RadioGirl27
If Neal and August are back, maybe it'll be a flashback of the two of them

I fear retcon.

Adam: Many of our stupid viewers don't get that Neal had no choice about jailing Emma.

Eddie: Yeah! They keep bringing up that August said "Now, I’m going to tell you a story. And, at the end of it, you’re going to have to make a decision. Will you do the right thing, or not?" How on earth did they get that Neal had a choice after that? Why are they so dumb?

Adam: We'll just write some more scenes making it clear that Emma knew all along that Neal didn't have a choice. She can over-hear the story that August tells Neal. She can be the one that turns herself into the police! She was just being a bitch in Manhattan when she called Neal on all of it because she knew and agreed with the logic.

Eddie: Our viewers are quite stupid, let's tell them the same thing over multiple episodes. Eion is available.

Adam: Okay, that's done. Let's get back to writing about the Evil Charmings. I've got a great idea. David and Snow won't sell their 10 dalmatian puppies to Cruella so the poor woman can make a coat. Then, when Cruella does the only sensible thing and steals the puppies, that jerk Pongo rescues his puppies. As any reasonable person would do, Cruella becomes evil and swears a life-time vendetta against the Charmings and their little dogs too.

Eddie: Surely our stupid audience will understand that. There is nothing more EVIL than saving innocents from senseless deaths.

• Love 3

This is what I worry about. I don't want want August to come back and prop Neal. There was no reason why Neal had to leave Emma. He could have helped her break the curse. They could have done it ToGETHER! But no. He listened to August. Anything that they decide to throw will also never change the fact that Neal flat out told Emma to her face that he would't have ever gone near her if he knew who she was.

I Neal were to come back I'd only want him to appear in flashbacks or as a ghost that haunts rumple and/or hangs around him like Clarence from It's a Wonderful Life.

Anyways, all this stuff makes me want to tweet Adam (like he'd ever answer me) and warn him not to bite off more than they can chew, but I don't know if that would be considered too mean??

i don't think the August come back has anything to do with Neal or Emma for that matter.  When we actually think back to August's history on the show, it had to do with breaking the original curse which has basically been resolved and the book which has not been resolved.  How many of us thought August was the Author when he "borrowed" Henry's book and added his story in it?  Seems Operation UGH was set up as far back as S1.  As bad a character as August is (selfish, coward and not true at all), he is the character that ties everything together.  We don't even know how he knew Neal was Baelfire and how he was able to track Emma down to Portland.  Those are some very serious holes (you know, sort of like the ones we have in 411).  August decided to get a move on when he started to turn to wood in the LAND WITHOUT MAGIC.  How did that even happen?  It's the Land without Magic.  

Also, I know 414 is called "Enter the Dragon" and should be Maleficent centric, but we also dealt with the Dragon Tamara killed.

They'll tell his story with flashbacks.  I'd rather August didn't come back at all because I'm so done with him, but if they manage to tell the story in some sort of coherent fashion or give us something that might make a little bit of sense, then hey...

EB was also at the Once premiere in LA, so, yeah. 

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

While I love Eion Bailey (he was in Band of Brothers, only for that he has a place in my heart), I don't have any interest in seeing August again. I guess it would be a flashback about the book.

I like the actor and liked the character until they made him a total tool. But it the typewriter scene with Neal does have implications re: 'the author' so I can see where it makes sense for this plot.

I'd like to see The Author have the ability to give the characters a sneak peek at what their second chance at a happy ending would have been like by allowing them to be invisible flies on the wall and witness their alternate endings firsthand. (So, basically like A Christmas Carol, I guess.) If each character had "that one moment" in the past that could have changed everything (we already know Regina's because of the new story book page), we could look at how each of the character's lives would have changed if they zigged instead of zag.

I doubt Adam & Eddy will break the structure of plot-plot-plot-useless-villain-backstory-plot-plot-plot-useless-villain-backstory, but it would be fun to have a string of episodes where we got see each character living out their alternate universe

A 'Being Erica' type plot could be neat. The 'therapists' allowed their 'patients' to go back to different points of time in their lives for 'do-overs', where they were allowed to make different choices to see how things turned out. Things chaned for better or worse or (primarily Erica but there were a few other characters who got the chance too) or at least to work through their regrets. however the catch was that it could never change the characters history. What was done was done in their timeline. Every time they went back and made a different choice, that was a different time line. So somewhere in an alternative verse Erica would have done x,y,or z, but all present Erica could do was learn from it. She could not change her own past because in her own timeline she had not made that choice.

Don't know that Once has the patience for explanation to make that sort of plot work (And I still wish Erica had ended up with Kai...)

• Love 1

Per Sarah Bolger twitter, she is back for episode 14 (at least in the flashback):

Is that the "Regina and Maleficient meet, are BFFs until Evil Snow breaks them up (probably)" episode? I hope they remember that Aurora and Snow had never met prior to season 2.

• Love 1

Actually...if they tie up the loose end of the Dragon that Tamara killed, (which somehow had magic in the Land Without) and the book he had, and how he knew about it and what the hell he was saying to Blue when Emma or Rump (I forgot which) saw them together I would be happy.

Seems Operation UGH was set up as far back as S1.  As bad a character as August is (selfish, coward and not true at all), he is the character that ties everything together.  We don't even know how he knew Neal was Baelfire and how he was able to track Emma down to Portland.  Those are some very serious holes (you know, sort of like the ones we have in 411).  August decided to get a move on when he started to turn to wood in the LAND WITHOUT MAGIC.  How did that even happen?  It's the Land without Magic.  

They'll tell his story with flashbacks.  I'd rather August didn't come back at all because I'm so done with him, but if they manage to tell the story in some sort of coherent fashion or give us something that might make a little bit of sense, then hey...

Damn, I forgot that about him turning to wood in our world...though I guess they could say in the Land Without Magic he eventually started to turn to wood as that was actually what he was..wood, not a boy, it was Blue's dubious magic that turned him into a boy..so the magic wore off....sorry that's all I got!

I would love a season end episode which just had Adam and Eddy answering viewers questions and trying to explain their plot holes, especially concerning magic..I love to see them pull the excuses out of their assess!