Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

After the way she interacted with Elsa, it would be nice to see Emma with another friend like that if that's how they're spinning it to the modern Lily.

My prediction is that they will be friendly at first, Lily will somehow screw Emma over, and then they will ultimately reconcile... but if it's only a three-episode arc, I doubt it will be a lasting friendship. 

Well, if nothing else, today was sure an unexpected dump of unexpected and confusing spoilers. 

When could this chronologically be? Emma was quickly shipped back to Boston and Lily stayed in Minnesota with her parents.

Nope. Emma stayed in Richfield, MN after being picked up. I guess Massachusetts didn't want her back since she was really Maine's responsibility. It was up to another "M" state to pick up the slack. I have no idea how Ingrid knew to settle in Minnesota, but whatever.

If Emma went back to apologize to Lily, I will throw up.

Spoiler sources that are pushing a Swan Queen agenda make me twitchy.

Edited by KAOS Agent
  • Love 1

Spoiler sources that are pushing a Swan Queen agenda make me twitchy.

I agree, which is why I didn't include that they concurred that the scene in front of the town hall was a goodbye/road trip scenario,* as they clearly wanted it to be that to taunt others. I don't think they had any reason to lie about the scroll or the cars themselves, though.

* I do tend to think it probably was a "goodbye" or "stay safe" moment, because it should be pretty easy to tell that from what the actors were doing; the "road trip" part seems far more conjectural to me -- Emma and Regina could just be driving somewhere nearby but dangerous. 

Edited by retrograde

Nope. Emma stayed in Richfield, MN after being picked up.

Source? Not being skeptical, I'd just like to know. Nevermind, looked it up. That is a bit odd that they kept Emma in Minnesota... like it was intentional for her to stay near Lily. So they went from Maine, to Boston, to Minnesota, to another place in Minnesota, to Oregon, then to Phoenix, then back to Boston, then back to Maine. I had assumed Ingrid's foster home was in Boston because that's where the portal took her.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Honestly, I don't actually object to a potential Emma / Regina road trip. While Emma continually begging Regina for friendship is barf worthy, in actuality they should be forming if not a friendship, at least an uneasy alliance, since they are co-parenting Henry and are also the only two magic users in town who are remotely on the side of good. And not in a hat. They should be trying to work together instead of against each other. I just hope* there is a halfway plausible set up as to why the only two magic users left in town are leaving the only place where they can use said magic, Henry's two mothers are both leaving him behind, and how / why they can leave town and expect to return.

Lily? I still couldn't care less.

*Forgot to add that I hope, but those hopes are not high, because These writers. This show.

Edited by The Cake is a Pie
  • Love 1

Maybe Henry chased Pongo over the town line and now he needs rescuing. He survived 4A without needing rescuing, so he is due for one. If Pongo is shape-shifting Cruella, then she has probably taken him to New York. Why Charming and Hook can't join in the latest #SaveHenry campaign? Er! MAGIC!.... Magical REASONS!

Don't they do all the goodbyes at the town line?

When that casting call for Agnes' character was posted the name said Autumn right? Well that made me think of the autumn fairies in Fantasia since they are doing the Socerer story. To be sure, googling it also gave me "Lily" of the valley Fairy also in Fantasia. Coincidence? I think Lily is the Black Fairy and she was the first one to go in that hat and probably knows who the Sorcerer is. She was reincarnated as the emo teen by the hat and that's why she has that star birthmark. Or she was playing a con and transformed herself into an emo teen.

Given Henry was at the alleged goodbye scene, I don't think he can be involved in whatever reason Emma and Regina might be going away.

Description of town hall scene:

So I realized that most people probably don’t quite understand what was happening in the supposed “goodbye” scene, so I wrote it out (sorry for the run-on sentences): Henry hugged Emma, then Hook came and they had a scene where he held both of her hands (her right hand with his hook), gestured to her family (Snow, Charming and Henry) who were standing slightly off to the side, Emma and Hook kissed (kiss length depended on the take, generally pretty short), then Snow tried to say goodbye to Emma but Emma gestured for her to stay where she was (with Henry and Charming who had a hand on her shoulder keeping her back) and then Regina walked out of the town hall with a scroll in her hand, hugged Henry, then they got into Emma’s bug, where they shot another scene of them talking after getting into the bug.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

From EW, apparently:

"Banished from Storybrooke a few months prior, Gold is desperate to get his life back, recruiting the Queens of Darkness in his diabolical plan to track down the Author. ‘It’s all going to lead to a couple of surprising revelations about Emma and a very dark secret that Snow and Charming had held onto’ executive producer Edward Kitsis says, divulging that the secret predates Emma’s birth. As the race to find the Author heats up, Operation Mongoose will bring out ‘a new side….and some growth’ to Emma and Regina’s dynamic, though Emma’s new relationship with Hook will be tested. ‘Sometimes life gets in the way,’ Kitsis hints. On top of all that, he promises to explore new lands as well as some old ones. Well, there’s no place like home”.

Operation Mongoose will bring out ‘a new side….and some growth’ to Emma and Regina’s dynamic, though Emma’s new relationship with Hook will be tested. ‘Sometimes life gets in the way,’

You have got to be freaking kidding me. SQ fans are starting to sound not so delusional right now.

You know what else gets in the way, Eddie? Rape, murder and curses, but I guess those are not that big of a deal for relationships.

• Love 2

I still doubt it would happen. They've spend far too much time on Captain Swan and Hook and they are quite popular in fandom. Now, Outlaw Queen, I could at least imagine going away, as well as making Regina bi as a consolation prize for SQers (and frankly, it's easier for me to imagine Regina as bisexual than Emma, for some reason).

Will and Belle holding hands.

The stuff of nightmares.

Aw, really? I actually think this is kinda interesting. I mean, I'm all right with Will and I didn't like Anastasia at all (in those 1.5 episodes of Wonderland I've seen), so I don't care neither about their true love nor Rumbelle. Still, I'd guess he's maybe just trying to get into her good graces so she'd help him find Ana or whatever is his goal.

Edited by FurryFury

Operation Mongoose will bring out ‘a new side….and some growth’ to Emma and Regina’s dynamic, though Emma’s new relationship with Hook will be tested. ‘Sometimes life gets in the way,’

The only way I'll find this acceptable is if "Emma’s new relationship with Hook is tested" because he thinks Operation Dumbass is a dumbass plan, which means she's forced to bond with Regina over it for a couple episodes since they, for some asinine reason, believe it wholeheartedly. And then once they realize The Author can't do shit for them, Emma and Hook can make up and forget this entire plot ever happened and we can move onto 5A with a clean slate.

Someone, anyone, please tell me... what's my motivation to watch 4B? All I've got is some hook holding in Granny's diner and the possibility of Cruella torturing Henry. That's it.

Edit: Or, "Sometimes life gets in the way" = someone's life is literally in danger. Still crossing fingers for a Maleficient Sleeping Curse 2K15!

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

I'm gonna guess the "life gets in the way" is just A&E trolling, since CS are still together/kissing in 419. Anyway, them having problems during the season would actually be a good sign. Both OQ in 3B and Rumbelle in 4A spent the half-season happy/without problems (because of lies/dumbassery of one half of the pair, but still) so CS having problems during the season would mean they resolve them in the finale.

The thing I don't get is why Emma wouldn't want Snow to say goodbye to her. And Charming holding her back? WTF? 

I really love waking up to "spoilers" or spoilers or whatever they're supposed to be.

though Emma’s new relationship with Hook will be tested. ‘Sometimes life gets in the way,’ Kitsis hints.

So now the relationship will be tested because life gets in the way.  Is it life or is it magic?  Then there's the whole wanting to save Emma's heart from whatever.  And no, I don't think Emma will suddenly fall in love with Regina and that they will ride off into the sunset together.

On top of all that, he promises to explore new lands as well as some old ones. Well, there’s no place like home”.

Enchanted Forest?  Okay, but seriously, where is home for these people?  Emma is in SB because she realized home is where the people she loves are and Hook is in SB because of Emma.  Do Snowing wanna get back to the EF?  I mean David wanted to but Snow did not.  Did they enjoy their lives in the EF during the missing year?  Were they relieved to get back to SB?  

The only way I'll find this acceptable is if "Emma’s new relationship with Hook is tested" because he thinks Operation Dumbass is a dumbass plan

Well I hope he has enough sense to think that.  I mean seriously, he is working towards his own happy ending.  He's not forcing anyone to give him anything.  I can sort of see Emma buying into the whole thing because of the pressure she must feel to bring everyone's happy ending.  And I was talking to my friend and she brought up something that I had long forgotten about from season 2 and I thought she had a point.  Emma had a conversation with Gold, so I went and I found the dialogue;

Rumple: Just remind me to never bet against you in the future, Ms. Swan.
Emma: It’s not really a bet when the game is rigged, is it? 
Rumple: To what exactly are you referring?
Emma: Your scroll.  I saw it in the cell.  You wrote my name again and again and again.
Rumple: I just wanted it to stick.
Emma: The ink, it was there, you could have gotten out. 
Rumple: I was exactly where I wanted to be.  You needed to find that so all this could occur.
Emma: You created the curse, Gold.  You made me the savior.  So everything I’ve ever done, it’s exactly what you wanted me to do. 
Rumple: I created the curse, Dearie, but I didn’t make you.  I mearly took advantage of what you are, the product of true love.  That’s why you’re powerful and everything you’ve done, you’ve done yourself.

We knew the Operation find the Author was coming, it was spelled out since season 1, but I never realized how easy it might be for Emma to buy into it.

And how many tries can Regina have at her happy ending that keeps changing?  Her happy ending was Snow White's head on a spike (she said it when she chickened out from meeting Robin), then her happy ending became taking everyone's happy ending, then it became having Henry and now it's about having Robin.  Bitch!  You have love in your life when you don't even deserve it and that should be more than enough.  Sit your ass down!

I do find the "spoilers" interesting.  I'm actually looking forward to the fuckery.  The only thing that's making me accepting of 419 and a possible "road trip" though I'm still having doubts that they're going out of SB because the whole scroll business is the person who wrote the episode.  I'm grateful it's not Scott whatever his last name is.

ETA - I'm more convinced now that the QoD are gone which you know really sucks on some level.  Why do you call them the QoD?  Why do you come up with names like this to only be like oh well, we're done now.  It makes so ridiculous and it's such a joke.

Edited by YaddaYadda

The "life gets in the way" of CS sounds like Emma won't have much time for Hook while she is busy with the author plot and in fighting the QoD. Basically, a repeat of the "shots" scene in the 4A finale.

• Love 1

I hope this secret (Charmings) and dark revelations (Emma) are revealed early. I'm so done with all the teases about them. I want to get the BS and more character assassinations out of the way.

But way there's more!!

Emma and Regina take their relationship to a new level.

But wait there's even more!!

Call now and you can tune in to see Operation Mongoose and the hunt for the mother of all authors.

And for a bonus we'll throw in the sob stories for the queens of darkness.

• Love 1

I would wait until I see a link for that, but at this point I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to make Emma bi and have her fall in love with Regina.

The SQ pandering keeps getting worse and worse, and with writers like Nimerfro & Espenson fighting for it in the writers' room, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they actually change their plan and do SQ. I really wouldn't. They're pushing Emma/Regina HARD as the main relationship in 4B. Not just talking about it but filming it as well.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

The "life gets in the way" of CS sounds like Emma won't have much time for Hook while she is busy with the author plot and in fighting the QoD. Basically, a repeat of the "shots" scene in the 4A finale.

Yeah, she is probably going to spend most of her time with Regina and Operation Dumbass and a very little time with Hook. But that's not very different from what happened in 4A, where she spent most of her time with Elsa and a very little time with Hook. But, whatever it is, in episode 19 they seems to be still (or again) in kissing-terms.

My favourite part about those "spoilers" (I don't doubt they are real, but without a link, I would take them with a grain of salt) is this:

Banished from Storybrooke a few months prior, Gold is desperate to get his life back, recruiting the Queens of Darkness in his diabolical plan to track down the Author.

So, Rumple's plan is diabolical, but Regina's is the best thing ever. They want to do exactly the same, make the Author give them what they want. So, why is Rumple wrong, and Regina right? This show is so stupid.

The SQ pandering keeps getting worse and worse, and with writers like Nimerfro & Espenson fighting for it in the writers' room, at this point I wouldn't even be surprised if they actually change their plan and do SQ. I really wouldn't. They're pushing Emma/Regina HARD as the main relationship in 4B. Not just talking about it but filming it as well.

Yeah, I'm not saying is going to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did.

But that would be the end of the show. No mather what the Swan Queen shippers think, they are not the most popular ship, just the loudest. So if the show went there, after so much build-up for Captain Swan and having already established that Outlaw Queen are soulmates, the regualar viewers, those who doesn't spend hour in the internet and doesn't even know what shipping means, would be turned-off. 

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 4

The only way I'll find this acceptable is if "Emma’s new relationship with Hook is tested" because he thinks Operation Dumbass is a dumbass plan, which means she's forced to bond with Regina over it for a couple episodes since they, for some asinine reason, believe it wholeheartedly. And then once they realize The Author can't do shit for them, Emma and Hook can make up and forget this entire plot ever happened and we can move onto 5A with a clean slate.

Maybe we can hope that they pull a "Dallas" and it turns out that 4B was all just a dream and in reality Emma passed out after she replaced Hook's heart and everything since then has been a fever dream.  She can wake up in 5A and we can start with the conversation we should have gotten about losing Hook and his heart and what the hell was he thinking about working with Rumple.

The problem with what they're doing with Regina and Emma is essentially guaranteeing no one is happy.  The Swan Queen fandom will be incensed because it isn't "more" and the CS and OQ fandom are upset because we're not getting airtime with those ships, and then the regular viewer is just scratching their head with zero clue as to what is going on.  I know we got the 3B movie finale with Hook and Emma so I'm not loudly complaining, but I'll be somewhat incensed if we spend a lot of time with Regina and Emma having a road trip adventure after we essentially got nothing of the drive from NYC to ME with Hook and Emma and Henry in 3.11.  

I'm really trying to stay optimistic, but this whole half season from our admittedly few spoilers just sounds like a head hopping mess.  I'm wondering now if the QoD essentially are getting their solo episode each and then that resolves their arcs, more or less.  Seems like we haven't seen anything about Maleficent since early season and Ursula after her very special episode.  It's like a big dramatic build up to go out with a whimper.

• Love 2

The "Life gets in the way" spoiler is dumb. Didn't we have something similar to that at the beginning of the Frozen arc? And CS had a fancy date in episode 4. A&E think they're so dramatic with spoilers and they're not.

• Love 2

One of them might have run away if they were meeting at a bus stop?

This person says Regina is holding a "scroll" when she and Emma leave. Also that they were filmed driving in a second, different car.

It must be the scroll the Apprentice gave the SQ to find Storybrooke...so the scroll will find and give the holder access to Storybrooke no matter what. In a goofy "Once," way that actually works logically.

• Love 1

On top of all that, he promises to explore new lands as well as some old ones. Well, there’s no place like home”.

Enchanted Forest?  Okay, but seriously, where is home for these people?  Emma is in SB because she realized home is where the people she loves are and Hook is in SB because of Emma.  Do Snowing wanna get back to the EF?  I mean David wanted to but Snow did not.  Did they enjoy their lives in the EF during the missing year?  Were they relieved to get back to SB?  

With the specific words 'there's no place like home' used in the tease, he's more likely referring to a return to Oz. We already know Zelena makes a brief reappearance.

Edited by snarkastic

It must be the scroll the Apprentice gave the SQ to find Storybrooke...so the scroll will find and give the holder access to Storybrooke no matter what. In a goofy "Once," way that actually works logically.

Good call. This would actually make sense, for once, and also tie back to SQ and not act like they forgot she existed. I wonder if they test it out by shoving another dwarf over the town line like they did to Sneezy.

• Love 1
With the specific words 'there's no place like home' used in the tease, he's more likely referring to a return to Oz. We already know Zelena makes a brief reappearance.

Interesting take on that one.  I guess what bothers me with the use of other lands is the overuse of CGI.

I'd be more of a fan of practical and blunt Hook.

My favorite Hook.

I like the use of the word logically but that's a logical explanation and gasp...continuity.  I'm interested in knowing how Rumple gets back into SB.  I'm sure that will be contrived.

The thing I don't get is why Emma wouldn't want Snow to say goodbye to her. And Charming holding her back? WTF?

Because the writers got tired of cursing Hook's body parts and now have moved on to Snow. Snow's hugs are cursed. If she hugs Emma, Emma's magic will disappear, or she'll lose her memory , or turn into a dalmatian or something. Wait...oh noes! What does this mean to Snowing's tried and true solution to all problems related to Emma?! They can no longer *gasp* hug! The throwaway line is meaningless without the hug! Crikey, they're doooooomed!!!

Edited by FabulousTater
  • Love 1

Way to annoy me and the other Once: Wonderland fan. He's married to his True Love, Anastasia. If she died, I'll be mad. If he's having an affair with Belle, I'll be mad.

Haven't seen the pic, but I'm holding out for platonic hand holding (could that be a thing?)

If they ruin Scarlet Queen I might actually consider dropping the show.

Are Will and Ana married yet, though? They could still be in the dating process or possibly engaged stage. Wonderland made it clear that they got married eventually, but didn't mention how soon after Jafar was defeated.

Natalie Abrams hates Hook and Captain Swan, and she always tries to put them down, so I wouldn't take anything she says about them too seriously (not that I was worried).

She's aggressively anti-Hook and always adding in gratuitous digs. I'm shocked they used a CS photo with the blurb. Must have been chosen by the layout person w/o Natalie knowing.

• Love 2

Are Will and Ana married yet, though? They could still be in the dating process or possibly engaged stage. Wonderland made it clear that they got married eventually, but didn't mention how soon after Jafar was defeated.

They seemed pretty committed at the end of Wonderland, even if they weren't "married" yet. They're still confirmed True Loves, which is more than what could be said for SOME of the couples on the parent show...

Haven't seen the pic, but I'm holding out for platonic hand holding (could that be a thing?)

Well there's an alleged kiss I can't source. That's what has me on my toes. There's no telling if the scene at the end of Wonderland lines up with our timeline, nor if the book Alice wrote has updated information. It could be that Ana died and Will moving back to Storybrooke as a thief was his way of coping with her loss.

‘It’s all going to lead to a couple of surprising revelations about Emma and a very dark secret that Snow and Charming had held onto’ executive producer Edward Kitsis says, divulging that the secret predates Emma’s birth.

(from the EW article)

Let me throw in a crazy thought: Emma was not Snow's and Charming's first born.

More from EW

I’m going to need some more Once Upon a Time scoop. — Tonya
Ask and you shall receive: Robin Hood and Rumplestiltskin are not the only characters who will be leaving Storybrooke. “You’ll see some characters arriving in Storybrooke and you’ll see some characters departing as well,” executive producer Adam Horowitz tells me. “We think it’s fun to venture outside the confines of Storybrooke and see some of our characters in the real world.” Case in point: We’ll actually see an entire episode devoted to Robin Hood’s plight in New York City.

(from the EW article)

Let me throw in a crazy thought: Emma was not Snow's and Charming's first born.

Well isn't that going to make Snow (especially) look like a massive hypocrite.  They gave up the first one, put Emma in a magical wardrobe and then decided another baby was in order during that Echo Caves mess.

This sounds like something the show would do.

We’ll actually see an entire episode devoted to Robin Hood’s plight in New York City.

Could not be more excited.  If there's a character I hate more than Regina, it's Robin (nothing against either actors).

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2
We’ll actually see an entire episode devoted to Robin Hood’s plight in New York City.

Wait, so we get to have an entire episode centered around whatever the heck Robin and Marian are doing in New York, but in 3B, Hook's entire journey to travel across worlds and find Emma in New York (which was kind of a big plot point mystery) was summed in a quick 10-second monologue? God, this show has some really weird priorities.

• Love 4

I'm a sucker for the "fairy tale characters in the real world" schtick, so I'm actually kinda looking forward to it. Come to think of it, if Regina and Emma are headed out of town, I'm potentially interested to see that, too (depending on where they go). We've never seen Regina in the land without magic beyond Storybrooke, have we? I'd also like to see Snow and David deal with New York. 

Re: the "very dark secret," I guess it can't be anything like them having killed someone, because such a big deal was made about the dark spot on Snow's heart in season two. 

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 2

Just to make sure you know which one it is, 417 Heart of Gold.

4.17 Heart of Gold or is it 4.16 Best Laid Plans? That tumblr site storybrookemirror.tumblr.com has the BTS shots of Robin and Marian in faux-NYC tagged as 4.16. (eta: here are the tumblr posts I'm referring to) Not that they are 100% accurate, but there seems to be some question which episode is the all Robin Hood episode.

....Poor Marian. #TeamMarian4EVAH!

Wait, so we get to have an entire episode centered around whatever the heck Robin and Marian are doing in New York, but in 3B, Hook's entire journey to travel across worlds and find Emma in New York (which was kind of a big plot point mystery) was summed in a quick 10-second monologue? God, this show has some really weird priorities.

Yes, (obligatory GoT reference) it is known.

Edited by regularlyleaded

God, this show has some really weird priorities.

It's probably only being addressed because it directly affects the plot. Like how 4x07 only brought up Emma's parental issues just to further Ingrid's plans.

Ask and you shall receive: Robin Hood and Rumplestiltskin are not the only characters who will be leaving Storybrooke. 

I'm kind of hoping there's this massive exodus. It would be nice to see the town actually struggling with staying in Storybrooke or not... who am I kidding. It'll just be Granny leaving for comic relief after no one liked her pineapples.

I'd also like to see Snow and David deal with New York.

I would freaking love if Snow and David went to the real world. They could see where Emma's from and what she's had to put up with this whole time. They really have no idea what their daughter grew up in.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 1

It's probably only being addressed because it directly affects the plot. Like how 4x07 only brought up Emma's parental issues just to further Ingrid's plans.

I don't know. "Child of the Moon" was, what's the word?....bad? pointless? I think this Robin Hood episode will be 4B's version of that. Minus the awesomeness of Red. *sad trombone*

I would freaking love if Snow and David went to the real world. They could see where Emma's from and what she's had to put up with this whole time. They really have no idea what their daughter grew up in.

That would require them to care about what Emma's life was (or is now) like and that's not going to happen. Emma's past and her life (you could also argue her life now) doesn't directly affect the Snowing Bubble of Happiness, so it's irrelevant to them. I blame the writing, but there it is.

Edited by regularlyleaded

And to add fuel to that crazy thought: Their first born was Lily!

Because Scott's tweet about 13 year olds making out wasn't gross enough, now it's sisters making out!

Honestly, at this point I hope it's something actually dark. I mean, Snowing are gonna be treated like monsters either way, so I'd rather it not be about them telling Mal's boyfriend she was cheating on him and thus ruining her lifeeeeeee, or similar.

Re: Natalie Abrams, I remember when she tried to imply August coming back was bad news for CS. As if.

We've never seen Regina in the land without magic beyond Storybrooke, have we?

Regina left town to go to the adoption agency twice (to pick up Henry and to try to return him). I think it was in Boston. She was not the least bit phased about being in the outside world. 

Re: the "very dark secret," I guess it can't be anything like them having killed someone, because such a big deal was made about the dark spot on Snow's heart in season two.

The Continuity Fairy takes a vacation when A&E get a "great idea". When questioned why she didn't have two dark spots after whatever nefarious thing she does this season, A&E will say one of the following:

1) It was there, people didn't look close enough

2) It was there, but the second spot grew around it.

3) It is part of the changed timeline

4) Good question. We hope to tell you more about it. No spoilers!

Of course, for the White clan, evilness is relative. If it is worse for a member of the White clan to tell the truth or save a life than it is for Regina/Cora to kill an entire village,  then Snow's very dark secret is probably that she forgot to sort her recyclables or make another pot of cofffee after she took the last cup (and much will be made of Poor Regina who has to suffer waiting for 5 minutes to get a fresh cup of coffee. Why can't she get happy endings? WHY? She didn't kill anybody today).