Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Who is the third one though? On the right? We know there's a third villain but haven't had confirmation or casting news on who that person is. She looks like an actor -- has a script and seems to be wearing a skirt, which I highly doubt a crew member would do voluntarily in that weather. So WTF?

Edited by sharky

This explains how Snow and her Mother telling secrets is worse than, you know, just killing people.

Well, Killy's heart appears to be purer than Snow's at this point, so telling secrets must really be the ultimate evil.

I still think Granny could slaughter them all once the curse hits.

I'm actually excited to see Killy and Belle seemingly work together. I don't expect them to ever be good friends, but I've always felt that if they got to know each other better Killy might actually give a real apology for what he did to her. I want them to form a truce (more so than they kind of already have). Although Killy at this point might not want to apologize to anyone ever again, because his sincere apologies always end with disaster somehow.

FML, she looks practically like the cartoon character.  The casting department of Once is amazing.  Maybe they should try writing the show too.  They can't be worst than A&E.  I'm more curious about her than I am about Mal at this point.

Maybe Regina had a puppy and Cruella stole it from her for shits and giggles. 

• Love 1

Yea, I loved her as Francie on Alias -- hell, I loved Alias! She can play bad well.

I'm a little worried about the BTS photos. Emma running towards a monster again? Didn't we just do that to kick off the season? Ugh. I'm hoping its a little more unique. This is why I'm worried they can't sustain the "kill a new baddie each half season."

Here are some more photos from earlier, mostly of the cast just standing around, and meeting fans. Colin looks so good. Ugh

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49347467@N05/with/15822048791/

Not to be"that girl" but there are some pap photos mixed into the flickr page so for anyone who doesn't want to encourage photogs like that, be warned and get your pictures from tumblr. I don't like not giving people credit for the work they do, but I make exceptions in these cases. Edited by sharky
  • Love 1

The Dark Curse is the "curse to end all curses". It's supposed to be the worst imaginable. I wish they would stop cheapening the show's original premise.

I understand your frustration but while the Dark Curse was billed as the worst it really wasn't.  I mean I'm a nice person but even I could think of 20 curses that would have been worse.  For one thing yes Snow and Charming were separated but they didn't KNOW they were separated so that isn't the same level of pain.  Secondly while being a lonely school teacher may not be as much fun as being a Rock Star married to a supermodel it isn't anywhere near as bad as if Regina had cursed Mary Margaret to be a crack whore.  So if the writers say they've come up with something worse that the Dark Curse I'm OK with it. 

• Love 2

Another pic of Cruella on set now. Mercy, she looks scary.

Forget any mystery of who Cruella is.  Even if Emma had a deprived childhood, there will be no excuse if the first words out of Emma's mouth on seeing Cruella aren't 'she skins puppies....alive.'

• Love 1

I understand your frustration but while the Dark Curse was billed as the worst it really wasn't.  I mean I'm a nice person but even I could think of 20 curses that would have been worse.

It's all subjective, but the Dark Curse lasted 28 years. From the spoilers, it looks like the Shattered Sight might last a few hours to a day. No lives ruined here. We'll probably just get some "funny" lines out of it, but nothing longterm. The curse that ripped away everyone's happy endings, ruined Emma's childhood and left an entire realm in ruin is more devastating, but that's just my opinion. Shattered sight *could* be just as devastating, but it won't be very successful, it looks like.

I do agree however that the residents of Storybrooke could have been in much greater pain than they were.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

The Dark Curse was hyped up in the beginning, but yeah, it was kind of shown to be overblown looong before now. Ruby even pointed out that, if you take Regina's domination of everyone out of the equation, it wasn't all bad since there was a lot of crap people WANTED to forget about in favor of a new start somewhere else. If Regina was just kicked out of power by Emma somehow but the curse still went on, with time moving forward now, it'd be fine.

Edited by Mathius

Oh god no. Evil Rumple is so good, and I have zero interest in seeing some sob story explaining it all away. Also, I thought the justification was "he's a magic addict" not "he has magic PTSD"? I really hope this is just headcannon/background stuff for the writer, and not something we will see play out on screen.

Edited by retrograde

I literally couldn't care less about the reason for Rumple's behavior. Someone he cared about died? Boo-ooo, so did everyone else's at some point. He's allowed some PTSD sure, but he tried to murder his grandson's mother.

• Love 4

Wow, that was fast. They are trying to redeem him even before he has finish doing his evil deed. I was happy seeing Hook alive and with Emma, and with Cruella looking so scary, and I had to read that. She says something about 22 episodes, so I guess 4A is Rumple being bad and 4B would have everybody, including Emma, trying to reedem him. I can see a scene a like this:

HOOK: He took my heart and made me do some horrible things. He tried to kill you.

EMMA: But he is part of the family.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Francie from Alias! Nice catch. I wonder who she'll be playing? The third female villain, I would guess. But who???

Anyone have any ideas?? I can't think of who she will be playing for the life of me.

I'm surprised the casting wasn't announced!!

Well they're probably trying to keep at least one of the villains under wraps. Course, she may just be playing a small role. 

Description of Emma and Hook scene via here:

Killian is waiting by the bug with a coffee next to Gold’s shop. Emma walks up to him and then there’s the kiss. It’s really casual -happy- like a greeting, slightly flirty. They exchange a few quick words but couldn’t make out what they were talking about. then they turn and Killian puts his arm around her shoulders and they walk away.

It was a really short scene and only took them about 5 takes.

My wild guesses based on today's reports is that: 4A winds up with Rumple's schemes being exposed, and perhaps some new villains escaping from the hat or the hat in some way setting up 4B, anyway. Belle is on Team Nevenger while she's estranged from Rumple. Regina also seems to be getting along decently with Emma, so sigh, she probably has some hand in saving the day — again — at the end of 4A. Emma has evidently forgiven Hook and they're starting the half-season with a relatively clean slate (or she still doesn't know, but dear god I hope they don't drag it on that long). And I am choosing to take the scene where Henry gets on a school bus as a sign that he will be absent "busy at school" for much of the season *sticks fingers in ears la-la-la-la-la I can't hear you don't ruin my fantasy*

Edited by retrograde

Oh god no. Evil Rumple is so good, and I have zero interest in seeing some sob story explaining it all away. Also, I thought the justification was "he's a magic addict" not "he has magic PTSD"? I really hope this is just headcannon/background stuff for the writer, and not something we will see play out on screen.

Hello no!  Can they not try to redeem everyone under the sun, please and Rumple is far past the point of redemption.  The moment he thought about sucking Emma in the hat, he was done.  Him taking Hook's heart was just icing on the cake.  If he had just stumbled upon the hat and it was the first time and he saw it as his opportunity after what happened with Zelena, I could buy into the whole PTSD.  But he had the hat in the past, he tried to get rid of his dagger in the past.  So thanks, but no thanks.  Can we just say that he is power hungry and would do anything for it like he has been portrayed the first 8 episodes?

PTSD is so that Belle can forgive him and get back with him.

ETA - Francie from Alias?  Sooo onboard with that one!  I loved her and I'm not super curious about her role.  It's a pleasant surprise that she hasn't been spoiled anywhere and we don't know who she will be.

Edited by YaddaYadda

I'm hoping it's a false PTSD. I could easily see him pulling something like that considering Belle seems to be working with the good guys. If she finds something out, he will do anything he can to hold on to her, even some ridiculous sob story about how he was having trouble adjusting after Selena yada yada. The fact remains that he is still the Dark One.

Francie from Alias! Nice catch. I wonder who she'll be playing? The third female villain, I would guess. But who???

Anyone have any ideas?? I can't think of who she will be playing for the life of me.

I'm assuming she's going to be another "iconic" villain to go along with Maleficent and Cruella. It would be weird if they randomly threw in a lesser-known villain from a DVD sequel or something.

My guess: Ursula.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Fall finale preview rom TVLine:

With the Frozen arc coming to a close, "Two of the show's most beloved relationships will be tested and changed forever as Storybrooke says goodbye to some of their own," series creators Adam Horowitz and Eddy Kitsis preview. "In the Enchanted Forest, things gets classically evil as we face off against an embarrassment of witches."

Interesting.

Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1

Oooh thanks retrograde - that is really interesting!

I'm guessing Belle and Rumple will be one of the "beloved relationships" tested... and who else could it be? Not Snowing, surely?

The witches are in FTL? Huh? I'm so confused. Is this supposed to be for a flashback or are we sending some back to the Enchanted Forest again?

Edited by PaperScissors
Two of the show's most beloved relationships will be tested and changed forever as Storybrooke says goodbye to some of their own

I'm surprised it's only two relationships. I immediately thought of Rumple/Belle and Hook/Emma, but does that mean Marian is going to stay frozen even into 4B?? Yikes.

I would have said Rumple/Belle and Regina/Robin. Unless there is a TLK, I presume Emma/Hook is back to business as usual rather than "changed forever." Whereas Marian waking up is surely going to impact Robin heavily.

Very curious what they mean by "Storybrooke says goodbye to some of their own." Perhaps when whatever portal opens up for the Frozen folk to go home, some residents also choose to leave? Maybe Robin does go with Marian (for now)? Because the last quote indicates we're going back to the Enchanted Forest for at least some of 4B. 

(Also possible: Adam and Eddie are just talking a bunch of cryptic BS that will barely resemble what we actually see on screen)

Edited by retrograde

Unless there is a TLK, I presume Emma/Hook is back to business as usual rather than "changed forever."

Given the whole heart business and the lengths he is willing to go and the possibility of loss, might get an "I love you" out of it.  What I'd like to see is for Hook to manage to breakout from being Rumple's puppet long enough to do something good in 411.

I thought the people leaving are the Frozen gang.  Elsa has been in Storybrooke for a bit now and she is friends with Emma and the Charmings (and Hook?) so she'd be like an honorary Storybrookian (?).

an embarrassment of witches.

Someone can explain this to me? English is not my mother language and I'm not sure if embarrassment has more meanings than the one I know for that word.

That has to be CS and Rumple/Belle.

It can be a good change (CS saying I love you and taking their relationship to the next level) and a "bad" change (Belle leaving Rumple, which is not bad in my book but it would be bad for some fans). Or they are talking about Robin/Marian and Robin/Regina. We all know that A&E like to make everything about Regina.

Edited by RadioGirl27

Someone can explain this to me? English is not my mother language and I'm not sure if embarrassment has more meanings than the one I know for that word.

It's a pun on the phrase "an embarrassment of riches," which means you have too much of a good thing. They took out 'riches' and put in 'witches.'

• Love 1

It is a pun on "an embarrassment of riches," which is a term meaning you have too much of something good. The implication is that they will have many witches.

• Love 1

I had in my head that an 'embarrassment' was a group of a type of animals.  Like a swarm of bees, flock of birds, embarrassment of... pandas?!  I'm quite sure I've never heard it in the context of pandas, but that is what google is telling me.  Unless its a weird reference to black and white (like Cruella's hair).

ETA  I didn't even think of embarrassment of riches lol. So RadioGirl, you're not alone :) .

Edited by kryss
  • Love 1

Two of the show's most beloved relationships will be tested and changed forever as Storybrooke says goodbye to some of their own

I read this bit of information as---the two relationships that are tested and changed forever are because one of the people in the relationship "leaves" and Storybrooke says goodbye to them.

One of the couples is definitely Rumbelle because we think Rumple ends up in NYC (I wonder if the "Apprentice" offers him the same deal that he offered DQ all those years ago?  The other "beloved" relationship is either Captain Swan with Hook "dying" everyone saying goodbye only to be saved by TLK at the end, thus changing their relationship (please oh please let this be it).  Or, I guess, Outlaw Queen?  Robin leaves with Marian after all?  I guess this would make sense since Sean isn't filming for the show at the moment, but I don't see how it would change their relationship forever.  I suppose it could mean Snowing, we didn't see Charming filming yesterday, but they've really been in the background this season, so why kill him off now?

AS to "embarrassment of witches"  Cruella de Ville is from a novel that took place in the 1950s. She was never a witch but she was a bitch. The sequel had to do with space aliens and was never filmed. Also, Entertainment Weekly is speculating about killing off Hook.

Edited by Notwisconsin

It's a pun on the phrase "an embarrassment of riches," which means you have too much of a good thing. They took out 'riches' and put in 'witches.'

It is a pun on "an embarrassment of riches," which is a term meaning you have too much of something good. The implication is that they will have many witches.

I had in my head that an 'embarrassment' was a group of a type of animals.  Like a swarm of bees, flock of birds, embarrassment of... pandas?!  I'm quite sure I've never heard it in the context of pandas, but that is what google is telling me.  Unless its a weird reference to black and white (like Cruella's hair).

ETA  I didn't even think of embarrassment of riches lol. So RadioGirl, you're not alone :) .

Thanks!!

• Love 1

That has to be CS and Rumple/Belle.

Yup. Tested and changed forver: CS getting stronger, Rumbelle breaking up. Those are the only relationships facing serious obstacles and having an ongoing plot in 4A, since they've wrapped up (badly) the Snowing/Emma one and Emma/Regina haven't talked since 405.

Of course, it could be OQ too, in which case I bet they break up, too.

Very curious what they mean by "Storybrooke says goodbye to some of their own." Perhaps when whatever portal opens up for the Frozen folk to go home, some residents also choose to leave? Maybe Robin does go with Marian (for now)? Because the last quote indicates we're going back to the Enchanted Forest for at least some of 4B.

Good point. We know there'll be portal to Arendelle, since Elsa&co. will have to go, and we know you can reach the Enchanted Forest from Arendelle by ship. So Marian, once unfrozen, can be like "I've had enough of this shit. I'm going back home. You can stay here or come with me, Robin.". Of course, if they want to make it a "forced" choice, Marian can be like "I'm taking Roland and going home", so Robin will be pretty much forced to go, and it won't be him choosing Marian over Regina. So they can get rid of Robin, since clearly they have no interest in writing him, but they can also have OQ be endgame in the series finale, when they are reunited. 

Edited by Serena

I don't remember where (probably tumblr), I read something about a scene with Robin, Marian, Roland and Regina on a beach. It was the day Lana posted the pic with Sean and the kid playing Roland. So, I'm pretty sure Marian is going back to the Enchanted Forest with the Arendelle folks, and that was her saying goodbye. I'm not sure about Roland and Robin, but I hope she takes the kid with her and leaves Robin with Regina. Marian deserved way better than that douchebag.

• Love 4
I understand your frustration but while the Dark Curse was billed as the worst it really wasn't.  I mean I'm a nice person but even I could think of 20 curses that would have been worse.  For one thing yes Snow and Charming were separated but they didn't KNOW they were separated so that isn't the same level of pain.  Secondly while being a lonely school teacher may not be as much fun as being a Rock Star married to a supermodel it isn't anywhere near as bad as if Regina had cursed Mary Margaret to be a crack whore.  So if the writers say they've come up with something worse that the Dark Curse I'm OK with it.

I wish the writers had explained this better (surpise, suprise) like when Blue said she and the rest had to prepare for the curse..they should show that Blue and her gang took up all the magic "powder," ...(I refuse to use the word, fairy..oh damn I did) and threw it into the Curse Cloud to blunt the Curse.  Then you could have had Regina in Welcome, pretty annoyed that things werent as bad as she had hoped. I also wish instead of just giving Regina magic so easy and sucking Emma and Snow into the EF, that they had actually held a trial for Regina (with Prince Wooden's Evil Adopto Dad defending her) as you know Parrilla would have chewed up the scenery like a 1940's movie goddess on the witness stand..."Look people, things are much better here that in the hell hole we came from..you should be staging a parade for me!!!!"

But I think this new "Curse," wil be worse at people wil be in physical danger as in its meant for the town people to slaughter each other...(I think even kinda reformed Regina should give reluctant kudos..."Damn, now THAT'S a curse.")

• Love 1

I agree with the girl on Twitter - they should have addressed the real reason. Right now they're giving off a totally different vibe.

"He's just being evil because he's traumatized!" Way to whitewash your villains yet again, show.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Thinking more about the article...they are showing a picture of Hook and Emma, so it's fair to assume that one of the couples is Captain Swan, who we know Adam and Eddy have said they'd be taking their relationship to the next level--whatever that means.

The other one has to be Rumbelle, if it isn't I may start fast forwarding every scene they are in.  If Belle stays with him, that's not really a change, they must break up.

I also don't buy "Outlaw Queen" as a beloved couple of the show yet, no matter what happened in that crypt.

Edited by scenicbyway

I don't remember where (probably tumblr), I read something about a scene with Robin, Marian, Roland and Regina on a beach. It was the day Lana posted the pic with Sean and the kid playing Roland. So, I'm pretty sure Marian is going back to the Enchanted Forest with the Arendelle folks, and that was her saying goodbye. I'm not sure about Roland and Robin, but I hope she takes the kid with her and leaves Robin with Regina. Marian deserved way better than that douchebag.

I don't remember that (I don't pay much attention to OQ spoilers) but if it's true, then Robin definitely got back to the EF. Can we find one of those spoilers roundups and see if they mention it?