Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Three villains seems overkill, and with all the backstories and supporting characters each will need, it seems 4B won't even have time for OQ, let alone any of the other characters. I think Eduardo may need to know things in advance so he and his team can start designing the costumes, but he most likely doesn't have the full information. At least that's what I'm hoping! lol

Any chance we could get Morgan LeFay as one of the three villainesses? I'm dying to get more into Arthurian legend. Wishful thinking?

Love her, but I'm really afraid they'd just ruin her, knowing Adam and Eddie.

Edited by FurryFury
  • Love 1

Any chance we could get Morgan LeFay as one of the three villainesses? I'm dying to get more into Arthurian legend. Wishful thinking?

A&E have already destroyed one of my childhood heroes (Robin Hood), so I really hope they don't touch again the Arthurian legend. They have misused both Lancelot and Excalibur. Let's hope they don't touch Morgana or Merlin.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 3

I think Eduardo may need to know things in advance so he and his team can start designing the costumes, but he most likely doesn't have the full information. At least that's what I'm hoping! lol

Even assuming the spoiler anecdote was true, there is definitely a big different between "I am designing costumes for three separate female villain characters right now" and "this half-season will have three major female villains who are all big bads."

Is this photo Josh Dallas just shared in the Sorcerer's mansion?

More about filming today:

• Filming took place at UBC’s Cecil Green Park House.
  • As per JMo’s Instagram photo, they were filming 4.11
  • I left before filming was complete, so I didn’t get to say hi to any of the cast, but JMo, Josh, Ginny, Jared, Colin, Bobby, Georgina, Scott, and Elizabeth L. were on set sometime during the day.
  • I overheard that Bobby and Colin had a scene together, but that’s all hearsay and unconfirmed.
  • Scenes were mostly interiors, with one night time exterior scene.
  • Emma’s bug was on set, presumably for the exterior scene.

•  

Very nice job by the costume dept on Elsa's dress. It looks just like the movie (which I'm sure was the intent).

It does, although it doesn't make sense for her to be wearing that dress in the present time. The high collar and long sleeves from when she was concealing her powers are meant to contrast with the looser dress she made for herself while letting it go, so wearing it now would seem to represent a regression, which is unlikely now that she's learning to properly control her powers. Unless this is intentional and a sign of DQ's malevolent influence.

On the topic of female villains, Mother Gothel would be a nice example, if they hadn't squandered the Rapunzel story on a one-off back in Season 3.

Clearly a marriage newbie. An experienced wife could play that a half-dozen ways and gotten her way without the use of daggers. 

So he'll probably hold on to his secret for a while longer. However reluctantly, he can just do what she wants. It's when he's sitting at home buttering a piece of toast, and she tries to "compel" him to, I don't know, come fix a parking ticket for her when she's halfway across town - that's when he's going to get tripped up.

Edited by Amerilla
  • Love 5

"I gave you the dagger because I trusted you, because I thought you would never want to control me." Isn't that basically admitting his "sacrifice" was meaningless, because he thought she'd never stop him doing whatever he wanted anyway? Ugh. I hate this relationship so much.

• Love 2

Bad as Rumple decieving Belle is, Belle trying to force Rumple using the "dagger" is creepy too. Their marriage is sooooo messed up!

No kidding. It would be kind of awesome if Belle was playing Rumple this whole time and knew he was lying about the dagger, but she's using this "Snow Queen" excuse as an opportunity to see if he'll come clean. But I doubt it.

Is it bad that I really want to see these two get a divorce already? 

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

Bad as Rumple decieving Belle is, Belle trying to force Rumple using the "dagger" is creepy too. Their marriage is sooooo messed up!

They're so hard to watch together. They just creep the F out of me.

Thumb meet FF button on Sunday.

• Love 3
Clearly a marriage newbie. An experienced wife could play that a half-dozen ways and gotten her way without the use of daggers.

All she had to do is say something to the effect that if he won't come with her, she'll go alone. Rumple would be giving himself away if he let her go challenge the Snow Queen when he's just finished arguing that she's dangerous because she beat both Emma and Regina.

Although, it is interesting that he says that he "I won't let you anywhere near her". In one breath, he's telling her what he will let  her do and in the next he's grumbling because she tells him what  he's going to do. How was he planning on not letting Belle get anywhere near her that wouldn't be the equivalent of using the dagger (physically restraining her or using magic to do it)?

And what kind of messed up relationship does he have that he keeps making her use the dagger on him to prove his fake innocence (claiming Belle prevented him from killing Zelena and getting her to compel him to tell the "truth" about the Snow Queen), but he acts all offended when she needs him to protect her from getting killed. 

Finally, what kind of messed up thing did Belle do that she doesn't think that Rumple will understand. That's like Mother Teresa not wanting to explain a parking ticket she got to Charles Manson. If she can accept and tolerate all the psychotic stuff Rumple has done, he can certainly understand whatever trivial thing she has done.  She should have just said "No, time. I have to confront her now". Although, what is the urgency after 30 years? Does she suddenly get her memory back  because she showed no recognition of Elsa and Anna before.

So Belle is planning on busting in DQ's fortress of solitude with an ice pick? Wishing her best of luck.

I know right?! Just like she tried to stop Zelena with her er... words. Why do people have to act like morons in this show?? And if she was planning to take Rumple along, why would she need an ice-pick?

Maybe Belle played a part in Elsa's imprisonment, and that's going to be her "confession" as we saw in the promo.

Belle needs to tell him "Either you do this for me, or I'll make you go into the drug-store, buy me the biggest box of tampons they have, and then demand a price-check. In front of everyone."  There aren't many men who wouldn't cave before that.

• Love 6

Barely-a-spoiler from EW:

The Snow Queen was Emma’s foster mom on Once Upon a Time?! — Michelle
Crazy, right? The show will delve further into their relationship in the past soon. “She’s been looking for [Emma],” Elizabeth Mitchell teases, cautioning that an incident will drive an obvious wedge between the two—hence Emma not remembering her former foster mom. In the present, “we will absolutely get into how she landed [in Storybrooke],” Mitchell promises.

That is not a question, Michelle.

• Love 1

Let Belle go up against the DQ with her little ice-pick. I still think one of the funniest scenes of the series so far was her toddling up to Zelena in the hospital and getting knocked on her arse. Let Rumple stay busy for the rest of the season trying to defrost his wife with a hair-dryer. There should be a running gag each season where Belle confronts the Villain of the Month and gets whammied.  Do we have any Big Bads on tap that can make her sound like Beaker every time she talks? How about someone who make her believe she's running around an island looking for her baby?

• Love 4
Script tease

I wonder if Regina and Emma get their butts handed to them when they try to storm the ice cream truck. In the Sneak Peak #2, Rumple mentions they were both defeated by the Snow Queen. In the last episode, Elsa teamed up with them and they won. All they lost was a compact. So, I don't think Rumple was referring to that incident.

Boy, is Robin the king of bad-timing.

I feel like we are just waiting for episode 11 at this point to resolve/set the stage for 4b.  How many times can Elsa say she's looking for her sister?  We know already.  It shouldn't be that hard to look up the names "Anna" or "Joan."  She's either in the records or she isn't.  They could've spent a few hours between Elsa, Charming, Snow, Hook, and Emma pouring over the books to determine she's not in them.  Why would Elsa even think she is in town?  Elsa didn't land in Storybrooke because of the curse!

Oh, good, more Regina whining too, but Robin wants to "talk."  Does he?  Or does he just figure his wife is frozen, so...

I feel like they've dropped the Hook/Rumple stuff, in favor of DQ.  It wasn't that exciting to watch Emma, Elsa and Regina traipse through Neverland (I mean Storybrooke Forest) last episode, why would we want to do it again and probably again?  I'm sure it will take Rumple saving everyone again from the Snow Queen anyway.

I don't really care for more of Belle's backstory because she literally gets maybe a line per episode.  The writers don't care about her character and when they actually write her, it's into an abusive relationship.  No thanks.

As for Emma's past.  JMo said that she wasn't even aware of DQ as Emma's foster mom in her supposed past.  I'm guessing they decided to add this new tidbit to Emma's life and fall back on the good ol'memory curse excuse AGAIN.

• Love 2
Oh, good, more Regina whining too, but Robin wants to "talk."  Does he?  Or does he just figure his wife is frozen, so...

Yeah, unless he needs to talk to Regina about an actual crisis, Robin is coming across like a huge jerk in all this. Aside from her whining to Emma, Regina is trying to take the high road with Robin, but he's acting like one of those men who breaks up to go back to his ex with some excuse like "she needs me" or honor, but then he kind of keeps the other woman strung along by constantly going back to her to "talk" and make it clear that he wishes he could be with her, except for reasons and excuses. So he's sticking with the ex unenthusiastically without really letting go of the other woman. And goodness knows what he's saying to the ex when he's with her. Probably lots of "it didn't mean anything, she just can't let go" stuff. Jerk.

• Love 4

I keep wondering if Rumple is going to have turned out to be in Arendelle when Belle was. I've always thought his suddenly demanding that this total stranger come home with him to be really bizarre:  I have a feeling that he knew Belle/was aware of her before that day. Maybe he was the one who tampered with her memories. If so he may have a vested interest in making sure she doesn't remember exactly what happened or their first meeting if there is one.

• Love 1

I feel like we are just waiting for episode 11 at this point to resolve/set the stage for 4b.

I'm not expecting anything in Sunday's episode. I am interested in Emma running away from everyone because she thinks her magic is out of control in episode 7. The big reunion happens in episode 8 and we have Emma going to Gold about her magic. That might move the stupid curse plot forward.

So there's a few things I'm looking forward to before the finale.

I'm looking forward to them resolving the whole hat thing with Rumple.  I'm curious to see how much screen time the good captain will be having.  Sounds a bit light.  I would expect him to be prominent in 411, but so far...

And why are the Frozen guys still there?  I thought they'd be done by 409.  I actually like Elsa and Kristof is not bad, but I cannot take Anna.  I would like for Elsa's dialogue to change a bit.  We need to find my sister Anna, my sister Anna is missing, where's my sister Anna...they're lucky the actress has a lot of appeal.

• Love 1

Is the Hat-plot going to be resolved in 4A? Seems that might be too soon. I would have thought A&E would want to milk the Fantasia mythology for the whole season at least. 

ETA: I so agree on Robin, Shanna Marie! It seems like he's stringing her along and using Regina, while trying to convince himself and everyone else that he's some kind of stand-up guy. His "love" confession was unfair to both Marian and Regina, and now he wants to keep prodding the wound.

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 1

I wonder if they are going to mix it up this year? Have two half-season plots (Frozen and Malificient) with the Hat serving as a season long arc? Having a season long arc might bridge the break better than two pretty much distinct half-season arcs with a cliff-hanger in December.

The Frozen arc is too long for the little story. They should be gone. The fact they still there make me Wonder who will defeat the big bag and how. Because we know it won't be just Emma even if it's her arc with Elsa still there.  The question of where is Hook is interesting Emma is supposed to fight for him now or later in 4b that mostly what keep him aboard for now . But with Grimm, sleepy hollow my interest for this fantasy soap is fading.

I believe the showrunners have said Outlaw Queen and Operation Mongoose are the only two 4A stories that will be season long arcs. 

Also, I am so damn sick of the all powerful magic villain that no one can defeat until they suddenly can. So Emma & Regina combined are powerless against the Snow Queen? Give me a break. Just stop with this nonsense and come up with something better. I could maybe buy if a villain sets off some sort of powerful magic (like a curse, but please not that again either) and everyone is struggling to defeat that, but enough with the endlessly powerful villains.  

• Love 1

For the three female villains that were rumor-spoilered: how about some version of The Three Fates? If they are responsible for Regina's lack of a happy ending, they are obviously very, very BAD. Maybe they are who Operation Mongoose will take on in 4B.

• Love 1

Entertainment Weekly: The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions

Will we see other villains besides Maleficent (Kristin Bauer van Straten) in the second half of the season?
Horowitz: I sure hope so.

That confirm at last another big bad for 4b for me

and Emma and HOOK going to take her relation on a new level, Watever it mean

I just love how the writers/showrunners keep saying "we hope so" about plot lines on the show they write and supervise the scripts for. I can see it for stuff that involves actor availability, like whether we'll see Tink again, but when it's things like Emma getting her own place, are they waiting for the script fairy to show up and make it happen? If it's something they want to see they could, you know, write it.

I guess that's their "clever" way of saying "maybe" or "you think we're going to outright tell you?" but it just makes them sound silly.

• Love 5