Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So, Tumblr figured out that the White King and Queen are on the hunt for their daughter, LILY, in Through the Looking Glass. Did we consider this one? She could be Will and Anastasia's daughter...

• Love 2

Well... the timeline doesn't fit for Will and Ana to have had a daughter who then meets Emma when she was little. After all, OUATiW is supposed to have happened after Dark Curse 1.0 broke. 

She could be Will and Anastasia's daughter...

That is an interesting idea. We'd have to have some time travel, though, because wasn't Will in Storybrooke until after the wraith attack? That means Lily couldn't be born until later and would not have been a teenager at the same time as Emma.

If Will is here searching for Lily, maybe he should stop drinking all the time and get at it. Her adopted father found her in 4 hours and all Will has done is rob an ice cream store, mess up Robin's tent, break into a library and dig some holes in the beach.

Secret baby from their first relationship, sent away for safekeeping from the Red King or something. It could totally happen, guys! :) However, I don't think Ana could have kept a secret like that and still have true love with Will.

I kid, but I actually really love this theory.

What about Cyrus and Alice's daughter? Was she ever named?

That is an interesting idea. We'd have to have some time travel, though, because wasn't Will in Storybrooke until after the wraith attack? That means Lily couldn't be born until later and would not have been a teenager at the same time as Emma.

Replying in Speculation.

It could be interesting if there's a Wonderland connection to these with Will. Not sure what evil liurks there since the Queen of Hearts is dead in this realm.

I hope Ursala isn't one of them. Yvette Nicole Brown bowed out of acting for a bit to care for her father and I would really want her back to play Ursala.

I should remove "detail oriented" from my resume...

Me too. If we're going all female then, can Blue finally just be balls-out evil like we all suspect? That fairy is shady!

I predict 4B will see some of the Storybrooke folks headed back to the Enchanted Forest (and thereabouts) for one reason or another. Partially just because they haven't left (and don't seem to be leaving) in 4A, partially because I don't see the issues Hook's past or who bought his ship arising in Storybrooke, and partially because they need something for Robin to do. So if there are multiple villains, it's possible at least one of them is over there.

Maybe Belle goes dark after dealing with all Rumple's shit. Maybe Zelena returns and becomes DQ's magical sister she always wanted.

• Love 1

Third villain is Petunia, Rumple and Belle's evil daugther who has traveled back in time to stop herself from ever being born because she knows A&E have crafted a truly craptastic storyline for her and wants to save herself the misery. Having DumBelle as a mother was torture enough.

• Love 4
I hope Ursala isn't one of them. Yvette Nicole Brown bowed out of acting for a bit to care for her father and I would really want her back to play Ursala.

She's a regular on some new sitcom, so she won't be Ursula if Ursula's indeed one of the three. And personally, I'm not sure of the validity of these spoilers yet. The show's overcrowded already, 3 villains in the next 11 episodes will really stretch the screentime for the main cast (who aren't Regina).

If Will is here searching for Lily, maybe he should stop drinking all the time and get at it. Her adopted father found her in 4 hours and all Will has done is rob an ice cream store, mess up Robin's tent, break into a library and dig some holes in the beach.

Remember that Emma and Killian screwed up the whole timeline. Bringing Marian back didn't just mess with Regina's life. I think all timeline bets are now off.

• Love 3

Re: 4B being Regina-heavy, I think a few interviews with cast and writers have come out where they say that Robin is important in 4B. Since he's just a Regina prop, that pretty much by definition means 4B would/will be Regina-heavy. (Joy.)

• Love 2

Remember that Emma and Killian screwed up the whole timeline. Bringing Marian back didn't just mess with Regina's life. I think all timeline bets are now off.

But then A&E would have to explain how their actions changed the timeline of a show most of the audience didn't even see. 

• Love 1

From TVLine

Question: On Once Upon a Time, is Emma going to help out Henry and Regina with Operation Mongoose? —Dee
Ausiello: Probably not until the 12-episode Frozen arc is over, at earliest. As Jennifer Morrison shared during our set visit, “I’m sure we’ll get around to it eventually, but that storyline right now is separate from ours [and] there’s only so much overlap that can happen before there’s just too much going on. But I’m sure that in the second half of the season, we’ll all have some kind of participation in that.”

Probably when Emma has to clean up the mess made by Regina and Henry.

Question: Any twists and turns coming up for the Charmings (apart from the baby) on OUAT? —Jenny
Ausiello: There’s a “pretty nasty” development coming, one with far-reaching consequences, teases Josh Dallas, who adds, “There’s something on its way that definitely affects everyone in Storybrooke — and the Charmings, for sure. It creates some weird things within their relationship. I can’t tell you any more.” No worries, JD. You’ve already told us more than enough.

Yeah, I think we were right and the twist in the "shaft in the eye" from the original Snow Queen tale is that is going to affect everyone in Storybrooke.

• Love 4

I don't know how anyone thinks that this finding the book's author to force him to write Regina's happy ending or a villain's happy ending is a good idea.

And if they're still going with Operation Dumbass, does that mean that General Dirtbag has chosen to do the honorable thing and stay with the wife he doesn't love out of duty?  Because seriously WTF! 

• Love 2

So I was the only one who read "three female villains" in 4b and came up with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather? I am disappointed in all of you. We know how this show rolls. Maleficent is clearly a misdirect as one of the villains and is actually with the good guys.

ETA: And Regina can team up with her BFF Mal to defeat the evil!fairies to show everyone how much of a hero she is.

Edited by snarkastic
  • Love 1

So I was the only one who read "three female villains" in 4b and came up with Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather? I am disappointed in all of you. We know how this show rolls. Maleficent is clearly a misdirect as one of the villains and is actually with the good guys.

ETA: And Regina can team up with her BFF Mal to defeat the evil!fairies to show everyone how much of a hero she is.

I did think of them and saw a meta on Tumblr indicating that Blue may be one of them. Just hadn't a chance to post yet.

It would make a lot of sense if they twisted the Sleeping Beauty story to make Malificent the misunderstood party and the three fairies shady.

Well, I actually did this morning ;-)

I always take this "I know someone who knows someone" with a grain of salt (let's not forget the "Hook is a prince" stuff). But knowing this writers, Maleficent is a poor misunderstood woman who was wronged by Flora, Fauna and the third fairy from Sleeping Beauty.

Unless we get Evil Snow from Heart of Darkness. Then I'd cheer it on!

Honestly, I could be down with both Evil Snow and Evil Charming. You can tell both Ginny Goodwin and Josh Dallas relish getting to play evil...Dark Snowing could be awesome.

• Love 2

Honestly, I could be down with both Evil Snow and Evil Charming. You can tell both Ginny Goodwin and Josh Dallas relish getting to play evil...Dark Snowing could be awesome.

Hehe, especially if we get some meta snarks about the other characters like Evil Snow did with the dwarves... like some comments about Regina's whining, or Belle's disturbing persistence with Rumple, or Hook's flirting... Gosh, there could be so many amazing lines!

Found this in the synopsis for 4x06's thread:

Unaware that she does not possess the real blade that controls The Dark One, Belle attempts to use it to get her reluctant husband to show her where the Snow Queen is hiding.

Darn. Here I was hoping Belle knew all along. (Why do I hope for Belle at all?)

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
Dark Snowing could be awesome.

And James is always a hoot. You can see how much fun Josh has playing him.  James = Evil Charming. Actually, it would be kind of fun for Hook to experience James. Hook would likely be stunned at his FIL. Emma hasn't met the true James either (they've only met David playing James).

I still love the "Wha?" they gave us when James bit it early in the series.

• Love 2

Well, I actually did this morning ;-)

Heh, oh man. I swear I was reading each post looking specifically for that, too. Like, I even remember the "Hook is a prince" comment from your post because I specifically remember thinking, well, technically, the spoiler was 'a prince outfit for Hook', who at the time was Prince Charles, so it was accurate. I don't know how I missed the rest. At least I remembered Merryweather's name! :-P

More female villains. There go my Scar hopes. Again. 

The brain farts keep coming today because I can't actually think of male fairytale villains outside of Rumpelstiltskin, Hook, and Jafar. And after Scar, the Disney ones I keep coming up with are more 'real' world: Pocahontas, Hunchback, Mouse Detective, Mulan... Frog Princess straddles the line, I guess?

Edited by snarkastic

The spoilers had the dwarfs fighting with each other and then hugging between lots of different characters, so my instinct is that a lot of people are affected by the shards/whatever DQ afflicts them with. Logically, I would say she would do something to make non-magical folk turn on the magical. But that doesn't really explain the dwarfs... 

Maybe magical people are unaffected, but the nonmagical simply turn on everybody, whether magical or not.

They weren't there in the Big Street Scrum, but I wonder if Belle turns on Rumple. Which would be annoying, because it would mask her actual legitimate anger at finding out about the dagger.

I think they don't have more male villains because they can't figure out how to costume them without the boobage.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

Are they still filming 10?

Apparently last week's Storybrooke filming was 410. So they've either finished or very close to finished. I don't know if they're starting 311 immediately, or filming some additional scenes for 408, though.

So, Tumblr figured out that the White King and Queen are on the hunt for their daughter, LILY, in Through the Looking Glass. Did we consider this one? She could be Will and Anastasia's daughter...

The problem is, Lily looks absolutely nothing like Will or Anastasia, in my opinion. She looks more like she could pass for Alice and Cyrus' daughter if anything. But that doesn't fit with the timeline stuff.

And if it's three female villains, then I nominate........

THE JABBERWOCKY!!!!!!!

But like I mentioned in the Wonderland board, the show would have to immediately end, because everyone would be reduced to blubbering messes (moreso than they already are).

As for male villains:

Frollo could work, or at least in my dreams he works as a villain for an epic 2/3-parter that takes place in the EF. I imagined him as his typical evil self selling his soul for the powers of darkness ala Rasputin from Anastasia in order to eradicate the gypsy,etc. in EF Paris. Complete with the awesome Hunchback score by Alan Menken.

Facilier could tie in with that new fortune teller/whatever she is character they're bringing in later on.

Jafar was awesomely evil, but I don't know what his new goal would be, unless they keep it the same as what it was in Wonderland. But then that'd be kind of repetitive, at least for the 12 people who watched Wonderland.

Also: Horned King for Original Dark One.

I wish Once would bring in another guy villain. So far we've only had 1 male big bad: Pan. Not technically counting Rumple, because there hasn't been an arc dedicated to defeating him (yet), and Killy never made it past villain-lite for me. He was more like an evil lackey if anything.

Mirror shards flipping everyone's personality would be fun.

Imagine evil snow mouthing off at Regina. Evil charming's always a hoot.

And yeah, Dairy Queen hasn't done much evil yet. But at least she's not rambling and cackling on about how evil she is like Zelena.

Edited by HoodlumSheep

It wouldn't have to be someone who was a villain in the original story. Like Pan, for example. The original novel presented him as immature and pretty selfish, but not evil. This show twists around everyone. For all we know, Simba was actually a serial killer and Tarzan did unspeakable things to his jungle friends.

• Love 1

Jafar was awesomely evil, but I don't know what his new goal would be, unless they keep it the same as what it was in Wonderland. But then that'd be kind of repetitive, at least for the 12 people who watched Wonderland.

Jafar is actually the only villain right now who could believably resurface without too much retconning and he'd have a motive to be pissed off. All they have to do is have someone stumble across his genie bottle, and once he's forced that person to use their 3 wishes (that would be delicious to see: an evil genie who tortures and tricks his master to use all their wishes), he'd be free to do villainous stuff again. I think being forced to be a genie is motive enough to be angry, but I agree - he'd need some kind of Storybrooke goal, too.

Edited by Curio

Maybe he'd go after the Dark One's dagger (as in try to become the dark one)? That'd be a step down from having broken the laws of magic and having unlimited power, but it could still work. But then it's be too similar to Cora (although Jafar always reminded me of Cora, just because He ACTUALLY GOT STUFF DONE instead of standing around and bragging.

I kind off miss the days of the idea of people trying to take the dagger like rumple originally did (and i guess zelena too). I realize it's pretty futile when the dagger is in the actual hands of the dark one or a witch, and not some jerky kingdom official, but still... Jafar's pretty smart.

It'd be fun to see a nobody/minor character get ahold of the dagger and become corrupted. That'd be interesting.

Jafar is actually the only villain right now who could believably resurface without too much retconning and he'd have a motive to be pissed off. All they have to do is have someone stumble across his genie bottle, and once he's forced that person to use their 3 wishes (that would be delicious to see: an evil genie who tortures and tricks his master to use all their wishes), he'd be free to do villainous stuff again. I think being forced to be a genie is motive enough to be angry, but I agree - he'd need some kind of Storybrooke goal, too.

That's actually almost exactly what happened in the Direct-To-Video The Return of Jafar sequel. A bumbling thief named Abis Mal (boy did those writers love their puns) voiced by Jason Alexander gets the lamp, Jafar immediately twists the dude's first two wishes and then convinces the guy to help with his revenge scheme. It was one of the better DTVSs, largely because it was the first and originally meant to serve as a multi-part pilot to the Aladdin tv show, before someone at Disney realized they could slap it on VHS and make bank.

I'm trying to think who would make a suitable patsy. Smee maybe?

For female villains...hmmm. Maley, maybe Ursula (Joanna was at the premiere), and perhaps Lady Tremaine if we're getting Anastasia and Knave stuff?

It'd be fun to see a nobody/minor character get ahold of the dagger and become corrupted. That'd be interesting.

I nominate Granny. The annoying drawves start disappearing, starting hopefully with "Up the Charmings Butt all the time," Grumpy. As Snow sits down to eat some of Granny's meatloaf a sly smile come over Granny's face, remembering the special ingrediants that went into that loaf.....

For female villains...hmmm. Maley, maybe Ursula (Joanna was at the premiere), and perhaps Lady Tremaine if we're getting Anastasia and Knave stuff?

I would love to have a non-magical villain on this show.  Message-wise, it would be nice to remind people that you can be evil without access to a boat-load of powers.  I think it is more likely to be Flora, Fauna, and Merryweather, but I would be so much happier with Lady Tremaine.

• Love 1