Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

So, in this Nerdist Podcast interview, the actress playing Malificent says she starts shooting in two months. That would be november, so it seems she would appear already in 4A. I guess she would appear in the last one or two episodes, to tie with 4B.

Maybe but maybe not. The infamous hug between Hook and Emma [that never aired] was filmed in November of last year and started off season 3B so it's quite possible that she'll be at the tail end of 4A and maybe just start off with 4B depending on the schedule.

• Love 1

Well... it is certainly beginning to look like Belle is the one with the "surprise" (pulled out of thin air) Frozen connection. Maybe Belle's mom sneezed on EM's Snow Queen when they were kids. And now she freezes Belle's heart in revenge. Knowing these writers, Belle will not only act standoffish towards Rumple, but start showing interest in Hook. Rumple will not murder his wife this time, and True Love's kiss will break the spell. The only issue I have with this is that this will end the Dagger plot way too soon. What reason will Rumple have to remain dark and manipulative?

I am excited to see Georgina Haig as Elsa. I loved her in Fringe, and the set pictures look promising. Am not so excited about the rest of the Frozen cast, but we'll see...

• Love 1

Well... it is certainly beginning to look like Belle is the one with the "surprise" (pulled out of thin air) Frozen connection. Maybe Belle's mom sneezed on EM's Snow Queen when they were kids. And now she freezes Belle's heart in revenge. Knowing these writers, Belle will not only act standoffish towards Rumple, but start showing interest in Hook. Rumple will not murder his wife this time, and True Love's kiss will break the spell. The only issue I have with this is that this will end the Dagger plot way too soon. What reason will Rumple have to remain dark and manipulative?

The only thing that makes me unsure about this is that I don't think the writers (or Carlyle) want to completely redeem Rumple just yet, and a True Love kiss would break the Dark Curse, unless they come off with some plot contrivance to break one curse and keep the other (which they totally would, of course).

I'm not even sure how TLK works anymore.  I wish they'd get rid of it altogether at this point.

They probably should have dialed it back when they were making jokes about it, like that's the obvious and easy remedy for everything, on a par with "Have you taken an aspirin?"

That's why I have high hopes for the Frozen "act of true love" because it seems like something more than just a kiss. But Regina will be able to do it without a heart and by accident. Rumple might do it just to save Belle while letting the rest of the town go to hell.

They should put restrictions on it if they go the whole "act of true love" route.  I haven't seen Frozen, so I'm not sure what canon is (and I really don't wanna look it up because Frozen and all), but if Rumple has to do something like that, then he's not allowed to fuck over the rest of the town to save one person.  Same for Regina.  In fact those two shouldn't be allowed to pull anymore acts like that just because he's evil and well she seems pretty much ready to get rid of the competition (although I'm sure the show will explain that she's just joking around or something.)

TLK and portals are such a joke now.

I have my money on Elsa doing the true love thing and saving Anna and the Storybrook contingent vanquishing the Snow Queen or I guess they can do the opposite with one of the Storybrook peeps getting the true love act and Elsa getting to off the Snow Queen.

In the movie Anna saved herself and Elsa by stepping in front of Elsa when Hans was going to chop off Elsa's head. So that "act of true love" thawed her literal frozen heart and Elsa's metaphorical frozen heart. Gahhh it's so cheesy when you type it out.

To be honest I don't think any of the romantic couples are getting the big love moment. Next to Anna/Elsa it'll seem trite. Which leaves Henry saving the leech or the leech saving Roland/Marian.

• Love 1

In the movie Anna saved herself and Elsa by stepping in front of Elsa when Hans was going to chop off Elsa's head.

Seriously?  They were going to chop off someone's head in a Disney movie?  Because, really, wow!  Sitting shocked over here!

Seriously?  They were going to chop off someone's head in a Disney movie?  Because, really, wow!  Sitting shocked over here!

Well, burning people at the stake, slaughtering villages, killing an entire army with an avalanche, stabbing someone in the lower back, sending a stampede to trample someone to death, eating a whole family of children, skinning puppies, letting someone die of hypothermia, and turning children into donkeys for slave work aren't exactly out of Disney's portfolio.

I really hope Rumpbelle doesn't get their "love" strengthened by Frozen. That sends a very disturbing message.

• Love 3
In the movie Anna saved herself and Elsa by stepping in front of Elsa when Hans was going to chop off Elsa's head. So that "act of true love" thawed her literal frozen heart and Elsa's metaphorical frozen heart.

It also seems to have broken the ice spell that had frozen the entire kingdom because that was when the thaw set in. So Anna's act of love to save her sister ended up saving her, "healing" her sister so that her sister was then able to control her magic, and then that saved the snowed-under-in-summer kingdom. So win-win-win! It was an act of personal love that ended up helping everyone. I can't imagine how a "let the rest of the world burn" act of "love" (and I use the term loosely) would work.

Well, burning people at the stake, slaughtering villages, killing an entire army with an avalanche, stabbing someone in the lower back, sending a stampede to trample someone to death, eating a whole family of children, skinning puppies, letting someone die of hypothermia, and turning children into donkeys for slave work aren't exactly out of Disney's portfolio.

And none of that is as traumatic as Bambi's mom or Simba's dad.

Edited by Crimson Belle
  • Love 2

And none of that is as traumatic as Bambi's mom or Simba's dad.

The stampeding I mentioned was actually Simba's dad, haha. I also found Dumbo's mom being locked up in a cage to be an act of horror! With all the dark Disney movie stuff, I don't think Frozen fans over 10 will be too traumatized by Once.

Edited by KingOfHearts

From TVLine:

Question: Will Dr. Whale continue to be seen at all on Once Upon a Time, now that David Anders is on iZombie? Don’t both shows shoot in the same town? —Gwen
Ausiello: Were it as simple as sending Vancouver Taxi to fetch Anders (or his leading lady Rose McIver aka Tinker Bell, for that matter), but it’s not. “We would love to drag [David] across town, as [iZombie EP] Rob [Thomas] is an old friend of ours,” says Once cocreator Eddy Kitsis. “But he’s not in the first batch [of Season 4 episodes].” (Dr. Whale does get a shout-out in an early episode, however. So there’s that.)

I don't think that's a shock to anyone, though it'd be nice if those two popped up eventually. I actually think Tink could be an interesting character, if they gave her her own non-Regina storyline. 

ETA: Nothing very spoilery, but Anna and maybe Elsa filmed in a park today (so much park this season), followed by possible sherriff's office or hospital scene, probably with Elizabeth Mitchell. 

Edited by retrograde

Honestly, I thought Tink made a decent friend for Regina, and I'm actually kind of sad she won't be back in that capacity (of course, bringing her in for the idiotic triangle might ruin her, so maybe I should reevaluate...). She's been allowed, more than anyone else since S1, to call Regina on a lot of her bs, which I found refreshing. (Not all of it, mind, but a lot.) She likes Regina but isn't stupid about her--Snow and Emma--and because she's not "family" she doesn't have to kowtow to Regina's tantrums. It seems like Tink can drop some truth bombs in a way that Regina is actually receptive to.

Plus if someone has to be stuck with Regina, I'd rather it not be one of the core cast. Tink can take one for the team.

(Also I am totally crackshipping Tink/Bue Fairy. Bwah!)

Edited by stealinghome
  • Love 1

Sean, Lana, and Colin were at a baseball game. Likely means that they're filming OUAT including Sean. So I guess this means Robin is finally back after missing an episode or two. 

Funny thing is the chick who plays Marian recently tweeted she's in LA. So she's not filming... welp hey I did say this would be Snowing 2.0 and it wouldn't be Snowing 2.0 without adultery thrown in.

Sean, Lana, and Colin were at a baseball game. Likely means that they're filming OUAT including Sean. So I guess this means Robin is finally back after missing an episode or two. 

Funny thing is the chick who plays Marian recently tweeted she's in LA. So she's not filming... welp hey I did say this would be Snowing 2.0 and it wouldn't be Snowing 2.0 without adultery thrown in.

That... may end up being the case, but it seems to be drawing a pretty long bow (pardon the pun) based on very little evidence. (Besides, I can't see anything on Christie Lang's Twitter that indicates she's in LA -- all I can see is that she was in Vancouver at least as recently as the 7th)

Honestly, I thought Tink made a decent friend for Regina, and I'm actually kind of sad she won't be back in that capacity (of course, bringing her in for the idiotic triangle might ruin her, so maybe I should reevaluate...). She's been allowed, more than anyone else since S1, to call Regina on a lot of her bs, which I found refreshing. (Not all of it, mind, but a lot.) She likes Regina but isn't stupid about her--Snow and Emma--and because she's not "family" she doesn't have to kowtow to Regina's tantrums. It seems like Tink can drop some truth bombs in a way that Regina is actually receptive to.

That is all true, though Tink is also pretty firmly in team "he's your soul mate because tattoo" which... blah. 

I had a thought in which several different spoilers clicked together in my head:

Thinking back on the scenes where it looked like Hook was working for/with Rumple, you have to wonder what would possibly make him willing to do that, and then the answer occurred to me: Emma. She's pretty much Hook's whole life at this point, and he'd be lost without her. He literally has nothing left if he loses her. If he thinks that Regina might be in any way a threat to Emma after the Marian incident (which isn't an unreasonable worry, given Regina's history), he might be desperate enough to make a deal with the only person who really has the power to stand up to Regina and who isn't under any illusions about her (Emma could hold her own in a direct confrontation, but she's been drinking the Kool-Aid, so would she think she has to protect herself from Regina's trickery?). And, of course, magic comes at a price, dearie, so Hook might have to do something for Rumple in return, and Rumple might even throw in the hand as an added incentive. I wouldn't put it past Rumple to be the one to bring up the threat Regina might pose to Emma (with graphic depictions of what she did after she believed Snow ruined her chance at love), especially if she's brought Sidney in on it, just as a way of baiting the, um, hook (sorry) because he needs the help with something else and can't exactly ask Hook directly. Emma's the one area where Hook has enough of a blind spot to not have his usual protective shields in place to spot the ruse. And meanwhile, Emma's pulling away to protect Hook from Regina's potential wrath. Didn't someone say something about a "Gift of the Magi" plot this year, or was that in fan speculation rather than writer interviews?

• Love 1

From captaincronut

So today on set, we were kind of surprised how much of the scene we could hear. We could barely see anything because of all the trees though. They were using a green screen though and we could see that the set was some kind of cliff.

The scene was with Anna and Belle. And it appeared to be a pretty emotional scene, so we were not surprised that they didn’t come over.

At first we could see them walking though we couldn’t understand exactly what they were saying.

But then there was a scream and this is what we heard:

Anna: “HELP!! I CAN’T PULL MYSELF UP!”

Belle: “HOLD ON, I’LL BE RIGHT THERE!”

Anna: “HURRY!”

Belle: “I’M COMING”

And that’s basically what we could hear. I think at the end there was another scream but not sure.

Also, they were working with stunt doubles and at one point they were working with Anna’s double. The only thing we could hear from that was counting back from 3 to 1 and then “FALL” but that’s it.

But what's the upside for Rumple if Hook approaches him for a deal? I don't think helping Hook protect his new lady is going to be high on the to-do list of the man Hook once cuckholed.

That was part of the theory, that Rumple needs Hook to do something for him -- some bit of dirty work that he wants to keep his hands clean of so Belle won't be able to tell that she doesn't have the real dagger. Rumple could manipulate Hook into making the deal by dropping the hint that Regina will be going after Emma. Rumple would definitely be getting something out of it, and probably more than he's putting in. He might need Hook more than Hook really needs him, but is making it seem to Hook like there are no other options if he wants to keep Emma safe.

It seems there is a lot of Belle and Anna in episode 6. I'm so skiping it!

Anyway, it seems Belle and Anna were friends or at least knew each other, and it seems Rumple was the one that urned Elsa and separated her from her sister. I wonder how would Belle react. A normal human being would get mad to know that her husband did something like that to her friend. But in this show, who knows.

• Love 1

Well all of this makes me look forward to the end of the Frozen arc.  I'm assuming that Belle is the one who is happy about the Frozen gang and Rumple hates it.  Let's create some fake angst for the couple instead of addressing the dagger and other things.  I'm sure Belle will be ok with Elsa being urned because it happened a long time ago and Rumple is so reformed now and all.

Between Belle being involved in this arc and Maleficent likely being Regina's arc...I might cry a little.

• Love 1
That was part of the theory, that Rumple needs Hook to do something for him -- some bit of dirty work that he wants to keep his hands clean of so Belle won't be able to tell that she doesn't have the real dagger....He might need Hook more than Hook really needs him, but is making it seem to Hook like there are no other options if he wants to keep Emma safe.

It probably will happen like that, but talk about going the extra mile to make both Hook and Rumpel look like assholes. For Hook to put aside centuries of hatred towards Rumpel for killing Milah trying to use (or allowing himself to be used) by Rumpel to protect Emma makes this epic revenge quest that formed his entire story in S2 look shallow - not so much "character development" as "killing time until he found some shiny new person to be hopelessly in love with." And for Rumpel to use Hook, the man who shot and essentially killed Belle, in a town full of people he could just as easily manipulate or force to do his dirty work...

Eh, whatever. Since it's looking increasingly like Hook isn't connected to the Frozen backstory, they have to give him something to do beyond clothes shopping and trailing around after Emma.

Considering Hook hangs out with Elsa for an entire episode he may very well be connected with the Frozen storyline. Too soon to judge that I think. I assume much of the frozen stuff will be in studio due to the need to add effects.

Yeah, we don't know who is connected with the Frozen people. It seems Belle is connected to Anna but we don't know about the rest. This is one of the things I hate about this show, this need to connect everyone and make everything so personal. I would love a bad guy/girl unrelated to the main cast that forces them to work together.

Considering Hook hangs out with Elsa for an entire episode he may very well be connected with the Frozen storyline. Too soon to judge that I think.

It would be an interesting twist if Hook was connected to Elsa and Belle was connected to Anna (Belle and Hook were in the same time frame for a while - although, now won't she remember Hook from when he visited Rumple pre-glamour spell?).  Perhaps it even explains some of her animosity towards Hook if she thought Hook was part of the reason Elsa was missing (whether it was a mistaken belief or not). Perhaps the Frozen adventures will help unfreeze their relationship a little.

I could see Hook eventually paling around with Elsa because he doesn't take Rumple's word for it that she's a threat. Especially if he sees her reacting to the strangeness of Storybrooke by using magic. The show hasn't dealt much with the culture shock of  a fairytale character in the modern realm but if anyone out of the main group would consider the possibility of that's what's going on with Elsa it would be Hook.

Belle always seemed weirdly okay with technology, maybe the curse kept her upgraded despite the fact she didn't have a Storybrooke identity until Lacey.  

Considering that Hook had beaten and shot Belle and almost killed Rumple, I think the source of animosity towards him has been pretty firmly established.

I was thinking more about her "Dark Heart/Good Heart" speech before Hook shot Belle and almost killed Rumple.

If she already thought very ill of Hook, it might help to explain how she was able to hand-wave away him telling her that Rumple murdered his wife and then witnessing Rumple beating Hook to a pulp.  Granted Hook had already knocked her out in the prison cell, so that too is probably enough for her to think ill of him (and she was already convinced that Rumple was a good guy with a true heart because he only tortured Robin, but didn't kill Marian/Robin when he had the chance).

I'm very curious to see what's going on between Hook and Rumple and the whole hand deal.  Hook should pretty much know better than to ever go anywhere near the man.  There might be some sort of détente between them, but seriously, Hook has always been wary of Rumple and Regina's brand of magic and those consequences.  I'm guessing whatever happens, he's the one who'll suffer those consequences.

I think the Anna/Belle stuff is in the present and Belle gets dropped down a portal after she finds out about the dagger. Cause let's face it, no one wants to see EdR try to act. And it's about that time of the season where Rumple gets temporarily free from his ball and chain.

Then Rumple will have to join Elsa and the gang to get back to Anna and Belle and there will be a grand reunion and voila, dagger drama taken care of and Belle will continue being a moron.

• Love 4

So Maleficient will also appear in 4a it is scary how many sl and the character will be sharing the screen time and I'm sure it will be at the cost of the story.

I cannot believe these writers can juggle all these plot in an organic and coherent ways.

EW Spoilers:

Any scoop on Emma from Once Upon a Time? I’d like to know if we’ll get any flashbacks on her past? — Alex
We will! In fact, we’re going to get a lot more information about her childhood. “In the first half of the season, we’re going to see more of Emma’s past than I think we’ve seen in all the other previous seasons combined,” executive producer Adam Horowitz tells me. Here’s hoping that means we may get to see Neal again.

I actually gasped when I read this. Let's hope Horowitz isn't exaggerating and the footage doesn't get left on the cutting room floor. No idea why the interviewer thinks we'd see more of Neal in Emma's childhood, but that's not really important. More Emma backstory, yay!

• Love 4

I was about to post this too. I would not get too excited about this, because in the previous three seasons they haven't shown any of Emma's childhood, so 10 minutes of it would be more that "the previous season combined".

Here’s hoping that means we may get to see Neal again.

Ugh, gross!

• Love 5

I'm pretty sure that just confirmed that whatever it is that's holding Emma back from opening up has to do with her past. I'm going with "hurt someone with her magic when she was a child, is afraid of doing it to Hook"

• Love 3

“In the first half of the season, we’re going to see more of Emma’s past than I think we’ve seen in all the other previous seasons combined,” executive producer Adam Horowitz tells me.

Part of me is super excited that we're finally getting more Emma flashbacks (excuse me while I go find some confetti). But it's also really sad that one of the executive producers has to admit that they've slacked on their main character so much that within 6 episodes of 4A, we'll have more backstory about Emma than the past 66 episodes combined. 

I would not get too excited about this, because in the previous three seasons they haven't shown any of Emma's childhood, so 10 minutes of it would be more that "the previous season combined".

Yep, pretty much.

10 minutes

10 minutes? Boy you are optimistic aren't you? lol. I think we've gotten like 3 minutes of kid!Emma and that's including the 2 minutes of baby!Emma from the pilot. So I'm guessing we're getting 3 minutes and 30 seconds now.

This makes me positive that we are getting the Elsa story with Emma now with the kid out of control magic thing and that the only reason we're getting Emma's childhood is due to Elsa.

• Love 4