Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

I speculated earlier that Rumple might willingly let his mother kill him and crush his heart only to have her inadvertantly start the new Dark Curse. I just can't think of a good reason for the Black Fairy to want to become Mayor Regina 2.0 on her own terms, which is why I figured Rumple might trick her into casting the curse to protect his family somehow. But I doubt that's happening.

I wonder if the finale is the Black Fairy's trial run of a Dark Curse. Since A&E don't know if this is the season or series finale, they could leave it open-ended by having the Black Fairy monologue: "You only think you destroyed my curse and defeated me, but this was just a small taste of it. I'm much too powerful to be locked away forever, and when I come back, my curse will be darker than you can possibly imagine." So 6x21 and 6x22 is the Black Fairy kind of test-driving the curse at 20%, but if the show is renewed for Season 7, then she can officially cast it at 100% in 7x01, which would bring us a Season 1 redux where everyone has cursed personalities and Adult Henry has to help break the curse along with random orphan child who escaped the Dark Realm. And if the show is cancelled, then I guess the series finale is Team Good Guys defeating the Black Fairy's 20% Dark Curse.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2

The Dark Curse has been cheapened so I hope they don't go there again. I mean couldn't Rump channel ex-DO Hook and crush Emma's heart, the way Hook did with Merlin? Or vice versa, channel ex-DO Emma and crush Hook or Henry's heart? I forgot, how did Hook's dark curse get broken?

11 minutes ago, AshhyOut said:

The Dark Curse has been cheapened so I hope they don't go there again.

Everything on the show has been cheapened at this point. True Love Kisses, memory losses, portal and realm travel, proposals...

• Love 4
4 hours ago, PixiePaws1 said:

Adam was on set today.....

That's weird.

7 hours ago, Curio said:

Everything on the show has been cheapened at this point. True Love Kisses, memory losses, portal and realm travel, proposals...

Definitely, the curse itself makes even less sense than ever.  Rumple apparently couldn't find his son when other characters have been realm hopping like there's no tomorrow.

44 minutes ago, Free said:

That's weird.

Definitely, the curse itself makes even less sense than ever.  Rumple apparently couldn't find his son when other characters have been realm hopping like there's no tomorrow.

Rumple needed to not just get to the land without magic, he also needed to bring magic with him, that was the bigger part of the challenge.

36 minutes ago, daxx said:

Rumple needed to not just get to the land without magic, he also needed to bring magic with him, that was the bigger part of the challenge.

Not really. That's a fandom headcanon. He was ready to take the silver slippers and go to where Baelfire was at one point. We donno if he really could have let go of his power when it came to it, but he was shown to be actively looking for ways.

• Love 3

It won't happen but I love if Adam or Eddy will decide to make a surprise appearance at the con. That will be entertaining!

I will provide pass on this big OQ episode I have been a good girl and watch the first tree episode and need a pause. Nothing seems exciting from the promo and will catch on cs scene from YouTube.

There a lot of spec about the final but it does sound to be about the BF and big on Rumple.

I just wish the actual hero snowing, Emma and Killian have some kind of interesting role to play also.

It will be sad if the series final don't even have them something meaty and just let  Rumple be the hero that sacrafice himself. 

And it does sound like the season 4 final.

• Love 1

From TVLine

Question: Will Emma and Regina sing together in Once Upon a Time‘s musical episode? —SwanQueenCreative
Ausiello: Hmm, it depends on what you mean by “together.” What we can say is that Regina, in the form of the Evil Queen, has a rousing solo in which she at one point slides on her knees à la Freddie Mercury. “The Queen has moves,” Lana Parrilla said with a smile during Matt Mitovich’s visit to the set. “She’s a rock star.”

Okay, I am totally cringing from second-hand embarrassment over here. I was already low-key dreading the musical, but no, just no. And this is the episode that's supposed to be focused on the lead character finally getting married to her true love? It's going to be a train wreck isn't it? UGH!

P.S. Sorry, but did people really think they would be giving Emma & Regina a song together?

Edited by Kktjones
8 minutes ago, Kktjones said:

From TVLine

Question: Will Emma and Regina sing together in Once Upon a Time‘s musical episode? —SwanQueenCreative
Ausiello: Hmm, it depends on what you mean by “together.” What we can say is that Regina, in the form of the Evil Queen, has a rousing solo in which she at one point slides on her knees à la Freddie Mercury. “The Queen has moves,” Lana Parrilla said with a smile during Matt Mitovich’s visit to the set. “She’s a rock star.”

Okay, I am totally cringing from second-hand embarrassment over here. I was already low-key dreading the musical, but no, just no. And this is the episode that's supposed to be focused on the lead character finally getting married to her true love? It's going to be a train wreck isn't it? UGH!

Oh. Dear. God.

I still can't shake the fear that this is all in Emma's head and not real.

3 minutes ago, Souris said:

I still can't shake the fear that this is all in Emma's head and not real.

To me, that's a hope. Less humiliation for the characters. She might remember it and get some amusement out of it, but the characters won't have to deal with the "we will never speak of this" embarrassment of what they did (assuming it's a spell of some kind).

The musical episode may be the one I have to DVR and then check to see what people say about it, or at least have access to a FF button. If we can't get a live thread here, we need to create a hashtag to live tweet it.

• Love 1

The Flash musical episode last night was quite light on plot and heavy on musical numbers and some ridiculous excuse to pull them all together. It was good, not great. Maybe that's the same expectation I should have with this musical episode. At the very least, we've been told that Colin does sing in the episode and based on stuff on the internet -- his work with his band and on the Dust Storm -- I'm actually looking forward to his song/songs. Maybe JMo too. Other than that, eh. If I lower my expectations, I won't be disappointed.

Convention schedule for this weekend is supposed to be posted later today. It'll be interesting to see who they pair actors with and who exactly will be there. Could Adam be a last-minute addition?

4 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Haven't A&E done everything but deny this out right? 

I guess, they aren't exactly 100% reliable with all they've said in the past during interviews, so who knows.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Shanna Marie said:

To me, that's a hope. Less humiliation for the characters. She might remember it and get some amusement out of it, but the characters won't have to deal with the "we will never speak of this" embarrassment of what they did (assuming it's a spell of some kind).

Except if it's all in Emma's head, that means the CS wedding isn't real. And that's just a supremely shitty thing to do to fans.

44 minutes ago, KingOfHearts said:

Haven't A&E done everything but deny this out right? 

IIRC they said the ep would be important and not a one-off that didn't have anything do with the plot -- which could mean one scene of it is real in their parlance. And like @Free said, they're not exactly reliable and trustworthy!

• Love 1

Doesn't it seem like Regina is the one missing?

LBR, she's probably off preventing the apocalypse, curing cancer, or solving world hunger.

...or moping because life is unfair.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 4
16 minutes ago, scenicbyway said:

With the Charmings and Emma at the town line.  And Henry downtown basically on his own with Rumple and the Black Fairy.  Doesn't it seem like Regina is the one missing?

And the Black Fairy driving Regina's car dressed like Regina. She may be missing, because it looks like the BF has taken her place. But for some reason Jared got the director's note of looking at the door and knowing where Emma is.

I wonder if either Emma or Snowing is leaving town for some reason and the other is seeing them off. Meanwhile, Hook is off with guest stars.

Given this is an A&E ep, perhaps Regina left town earlier and now Emma is going off to retrieve her for the battle with the BF. Because SQ adventures are how A&E eps roll.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1
Just now, Souris said:

Tiger Lily and the little girl were also with the group at the town line.

Oh, God. Now I'm thinking they MAY indeed be making the little girl Tiger Lily's daughter with Hook as a way to keep him around next season. ::headdesk:: repeatedly.

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, Souris said:

Oh, God. Now I'm thinking they MAY indeed be making the little girl Tiger Lily's daughter with Hook as a way to keep him around next season. ::headdesk:: repeatedly.

This is one of those instances where I'd love my speculation to be proven wrong. "Emma, I'm so glad you forgave me about Robert. One more bombshell for ya..."

• Love 4

Would they even bother trying to explain why Hook wasn't trapped in the Coradome (as previously established) at the time the girl was conceived, or just ignore that little fact?

Just now, Souris said:

Would they even bother trying to explain why Hook wasn't trapped in the Coradome (as previously established) at the time the girl was conceived, or just ignore that little fact?

But how does Neverland work?  Couldn't Hook be in Coradome for thirty years and no one in Neverland would age.  

Which begs the question of whether you could conceive and give birth in Neverland?

Tiger Lily would have had to leave with Hook and get pregnant and then run away (barring Hook being a deadbeat dad too) and then return to Neverland when the kid was the current age.

4 minutes ago, ParadoxLost said:

But how does Neverland work?  Couldn't Hook be in Coradome for thirty years and no one in Neverland would age.  

Which begs the question of whether you could conceive and give birth in Neverland?

Tiger Lily would have had to leave with Hook and get pregnant and then run away (barring Hook being a deadbeat dad too) and then return to Neverland when the kid was the current age.

Oh, you're right. Tiger Lily would've gotten pregnant on Neverland, Hook ditched her to go get his revenge (and didn't bother to look for her when he returned with the group), and she ended up with the baby in the Dark Realm at some point somehow. Probably the girl is the baby that was with her and the Black Fairy in the flashback in filming spoilers, not Gideon as people assumed.

4 minutes ago, Souris said:

Oh, you're right. Tiger Lily would've gotten pregnant on Neverland, Hook ditched her to go get his revenge (and didn't bother to look for her when he returned with the group), and she ended up with the baby in the Dark Realm at some point somehow. Probably the girl is the baby that was with her and the Black Fairy in the flashback in filming spoilers, not Gideon as people assumed.

Actually nobody assumed Gideon. It was very specific the baby was Gold as in Rumple. That's what reports said. Tiger Lily is probably the same age as Black Fairy.

in an episode titled Black Fairy I would imagine they would focus on how Gold was born and Under what conditions.

Edited by cappoe
1 minute ago, cappoe said:

Actually nobody assumed Gideon. It was very specific the baby was Gold as in Rumple. That's what reports said. Tiger Lily is probably the same age as Black Fairy.

Oh, I missed that baby Rumple tidbit then. Everybody I saw talking about that baby spoiler was speculating it was Gideon.

43 minutes ago, Souris said:

Oh, I missed that baby Rumple tidbit then. Everybody I saw talking about that baby spoiler was speculating it was Gideon.

I remember Kat specifically saying it was baby gold. And then according to Kat when somebody asked if it was Gideon she replied gold.

3 hours ago, Souris said:

I doubt it.  But even if it was, I fail to see the big deal.  If Hook having slept with the mother of her first love doesn't bother Emma, then neither should him having slept with Tiger Lily, and at this point the family tree is so twisted that Emma's probably desensitized to weird new additions to it.

Just now, Mathius said:

I doubt it.  But even if it was, I fail to see the big deal.  If Hook having slept with the mother of her first love doesn't bother Emma, then neither should him having slept with Tiger Lily, and at this point the family tree is so twisted that Emma's probably desensitized to weird new additions to it.

And even so it's not like they'll pair up hook and tiger lily. Hook and Emma are true love and may be sharing TLK in the finale especially if there's a new curse to break.

i don't see the big deal about this and neither would Emma. It was in his past, he didn't care about anyone except Milah till Emma came. That doesn't change anything.

3 minutes ago, Mathius said:

Oh, I don't think it would bother Emma. It's just the unnecessary contrived-ness of it, plus it would be used just as a way to keep Hook around without Emma next season. Plus I'm EXTREMELY bothered about the thought of them using a Hispanic child to play the daughter of a Native American and a Caucasian. I know the show has played fast and loose with that sort of thing before, but that still doesn't make it OK.

On 03/21/2017 at 0:13 PM, Mathius said:

So "Gold & Son Pawnbrokers & Antique Dealers"?  Gideon's going public now?

I haven't been on this thread in a while and only paged back this far, so someone else may have said this already, but the 1st thing I thought of when I saw Gold & Son was the theme music for Sanford & Son.

tmp_29936-614068411677894517.jpg

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, clairetvfanatic said:

Even IF she is Hook and Tiger Lily's, how would that be a way to keep Hook around without Emma?? 

Give him some reason to be in town if something happens to Emma.

30 minutes ago, Souris said:

I really, REALLY can't see them killing Emma at the end of the show. A&E don't seem like the smartest of men but surely even they know that if they kill her, nobody will ever watch their shit again.  If JMo doesn't sign up for S7 (if there is one) I figure it will be because she is missing and Hook will stop at nothing to find her....with or without a love child around.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Souris said:

That doesn't mean he won't continue searching for Emma, his true love if something happens to her. If anything the little girl will tell him not to give up and that true love will find a way if she's Henry 2.0.

Edited by cappoe
1 hour ago, Souris said:

It's just the unnecessary contrived-ness of it, 

^^This right here.  Even using a Hispanic actor to portray a Native American does not bother me.  (Been done in the past - nbd - and there aren't many NA actors out there anyway, esp. child actors probably.)  But the horrible ret-conning has to stop.  I probably won't watch a S7 reboot anyway - but if they do something like this: definitely not.  I wouldn't even tune in for the premier just to see how it was.  Better just to let it go.  (Sing it with me now.)  

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Mathius said:

But even if it was, I fail to see the big deal.  If Hook having slept with the mother of her first love doesn't bother Emma, then neither should him having slept with Tiger Lily,

It's not so much whether Emma's bothered that Hook slept with the mother of her first love, but that she'd be kind of a hypocrite if she's upset about him having had a child long before they met, given that he's been completely accepting about her having had a child with his friend/stepson before they met. They'd be on totally equal footing if they both had children by past lovers.

Not that I think this is really where this is going.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, clairetvfanatic said:

I really, REALLY can't see them killing Emma at the end of the show. A&E don't seem like the smartest of men but surely even they know that if they kill her, nobody will ever watch their shit again.  If JMo doesn't sign up for S7 (if there is one) I figure it will be because she is missing and Hook will stop at nothing to find her....with or without a love child around.

I expect it would be something like Vampire Diaries did with Elena or The X-Files did with Mulder -- Emma missing or off-screen in some "unbreakable" curse stasis or some such. They wouldn't show Hook constantly trying to find/save her, though, because they wouldn't want to keep drawing attention to her absence. So they'd need something else for him to do and be involved with for the whole season until Jen maybe shows up in the finale.

Him trying to find her will be his big arc of the season I imagine though. As it should be. I doubt having another kid is really going to do anything much.

plus I'm not reDy to assume anything until I see what happened between hook and tiger lily.

For all we know he's responsible for separating the two of them, and he's trying to make up for it. 

Edited by cappoe

I think it's really a good thing if Emma is missing at the start of episode 21

Henry looking for her and everything indicate it is the case because I believe she could be curse by the BF maybe like David in season 1 or a sleeping curse Hook will give her tlk.

Anyway, she will be fine with him by EP 22 all that vague Emma spoiler was about that.  It's not like there any real evidence of anything just some tweets from a paparazzi who basically say he doesn't know... but something might happen...

For tiger lily she seem as link to the BF as she is to Hook from the spoiler and I am not even sure the younger girl share a scene with Hook. She filmed with a lot of people.

Anyway, since soapy trope don't interest me and I already find hard with how soapy Once has became I hope they don't going there.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, cappoe said:

For all we know he's responsible for separating the two of them, and he's trying to make up for it. 

That is the standard Hook episode -- there was something to do with his revenge that led to him doing something that wronged Tiger Lily and/or the girl, maybe separated them, now he feels bad and wants to fix it.

Sleeping on it I know longer believe that she's the daughter. What I do believe however is she has a connection to Tiger Lily. It's not that she's her mother, but her guardian.

My running theory right now is that because of the divorce she dealt with little girl chose to flee to Neverland. In NVL she was taken in by the indians and grew close to Tiger Lily. Sometime during the time she was in NVL, Hook did something to screw Tiger Lily and probably the tribe over which she was apart of.

She somehow goes to the Dark Realm, and that's where we're at now. I honestly don't believe we're looking at what some speculated.

Also Kat saw their interaction and didn't get mother/daughter vibe. She also confirmed we'll find out the BF's real name in 19. Which is I think the episode where BF will give birth to Rumple and we see how she was with him as baby, and that's the scene with Tiger Lily and BF that was filmed. Cause we're clearly getting the BF's origin.

I think Tiger Lily is still around because she's connected completely to Black Fairy's story not Hook's. If I'm correct and she indeed was filming w/ BF and baby Rumple that means she's older than Hook.

Edited by cappoe