Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

Lindsay B @lemon_buzz  ·  2h

#OUAT filming interiors at Van Tech tomorrow #yvrshoots @olv

Vancouver Tech is a highschool that has been used in a lot of television shows and movies (including Supertnatural, Scary Movie and the first season of Smallville).

The school that normally serves as the set for Henry's school is Kerrisdale Elementary. I wonder if he is going to highschool now or if it is for an Emma flashback.

I wonder if he is going to highschool now or if it is for an Emma flashback.

He'd be in junior high now, which could be a separate school. But is Storybrooke big enough to have multiple campuses? I don't have a good sense of how many people are in the town. We certainly don't see a lot of kids. Gretel in season one seemed to be about the same age as Henry is now, and she seemed to go to the same school.

He'd be in junior high now, which could be a separate school.

Ah, I forgot about that distinction. Van Tech is technically a secondary school (most people I know use the term interchangeably with high school) covering grades 8-12. Often, there is no junior high school (grades 6-8?) and kids go directly from elementary (k-7) to secondary school.  I gather that wouldn't really happen in a school system in Maine? If Henry is in a junior high, would he have started that in S2?

But you are probably correct that he should not be switching schools at this point. So, either a flashback or some other character is going to school in Storybrooke (it really does look like a school so I'm not sure if they would be trying to make it another building).  It could just be a continuity "error" (they decided to film at another school because Kerrisdale was somehow unavailable - technically, the schools are behind picket lines as the teachers are on strike in the entire province, so that might be a reason to switch filming locations. There may be something that puts Kerrisdale behind summer picket lines, but not Van Tech. After that tweet, there may be picket lines tomorrow).

(edited)

Emilie posted this.

Are they at a cemetery? They look like they're at a cemetery. Ah, romance!

Probably introducing Neal to his baby sister, I mean, new stepmother.

Edited by Souris

Belle: "Where should we have our honeymoon? Know anywhere... secluded?"

Rumple: "There's always that secret dress room in Regina's vault she thinks I don't know about."

Belle: "Great! My wardrobe needs help anyway."

Rumbelle has its issues, but as just Bobby and Emilie, they're very cute together.

I can't tell if it's a cemetery. There are some stones of to the right, but they don't look like headstones. Although, it would make sense that they'd do a cemetery scene at some point, since he was busy being caged up during Nealfire s funeral.

(edited)

Emilie posted this.

Pretty sure it was from when they filmed here.

So Rumple will be out of town (or out of the main part of town) when Elsa comes? Wonder why?

Edited by retrograde
(edited)

Obviously so she can get pissy and throw a tantrum about him while he's not around, leading the heroes to mistake her for a villain!

The writing on this show has become so predictable.

Edited by stealinghome
(edited)

The school that normally serves as the set for Henry's school is Kerrisdale Elementary. I wonder if he is going to highschool now or if it is for an Emma flashback.

That would require them being interested in showing an Emma flashback.  My guess is something else--maybe Elsa's freezing a school?

I don't like her dress. She looks like Lolita next to Gold.

The shoes she's wearing are the ones from the wedding.

Is it wrong that I think she could pass for his daughter?

It looks to me like the outfit she wore to the wedding, but without the coat and hat.

The blouse is really cute. Too bad she's wearing the shoes she's unable to walk in and her skirt is once again hooker chic length.

Edited to add:

What Rumple's wearing matches up to the wedding, too.  The shirt and tie are the same color.

Edited by Mari

But is Storybrooke big enough to have multiple campuses? I don't have a good sense of how many people are in the town.

Hard to say, but for a real world comparison - my home town currently has a population of 7,000ish people.  And it's been steadily growing, not by a lot, but it's not stagnant.  But we have a lot of schools there and have for a long time.  The public elementary (k-4), middle (5-8), and high schools (9-12) are all in separate buildings blocks apart.  There's also a private Lutheran and private Catholic school.  They've never really stated how many people are in Storybrooke, but considering the curse was supposed to effect the entire Enchanted Forest except Cora's dome, I feel like there should probably be at least several thousand.  I've gotten the impression from various shots that Storybrooke is geographically about as big as my home town, so I can believe they have multiple schools.

Honestly, I don't think 96% of viewers (including myself) would notice if they switched locations for the school.

I'm more interested in why they're showing Henry (or someone) at school. They don't do much on this show that isn't plot plot plot, so there must be a good reason. Perhaps they just cut to Henry inside his classroom as he looks out the window and sees the town engulfed in a blizzard. But maybe they're going to give the character a little more to do this season? Jared said on Twitter yesterday: "I have been working extra hard preparing for a few big days of filming." (Course, that doesn't necessarily equate to screen-time; could be a special effects thing).

Henry's school uniform looks rather parochial-school -- not like a public school. There are public schools around here that require uniforms, but they tend to be of the khakis and polo shirt variety, not blazer with a crest. Not sure if this makes any difference for number of campuses, whether Henry would be in a different school now, or what.

And, wow, we're grasping at straws if we're analyzing Henry's school. :-) We need more spoilers or set photos.

• Love 1
(edited)
Pretty sure it was from when they filmed here.

I don't think so. Cecile Greene is more landscaped than that and as soon as you get a little outside of the park you are either in the UBC campus (also super landscaped) or you are down a steep cliff-side).  Those rocks behind kind of do look like grave markers, but maybe they are tree stumps? Maybe the Endowment Lands nearby? I still think it might be the cemetery or maybe near where they got married. They were filming last week in Lynn Valley/North Van weren't they? There is a cemetery there that it could be. Maybe it is just Rumple's cabin.

Edited by kili

Visually I don't think the Rumbelle age difference would be so noticeable and jarring if they would just stop dressing Belle like a preppy sorority girl. Or I guess they can put Rumple in something else besides a 3 piece suit but he looks so dapper in them. Better to change hers.

Her character also comes off really "young." There's a way to do innocent, good and optimistic without coming off like a girl fresh out of school. Ariel and Aurora for one. They all seem a lot older than her, not lookswise but life experience wise. Even Wendy comes off more mature.

• Love 2

Pretty sure they are in a graveyard. If you look all the way in the back right, behind the two trees, you can see more typical gravestones.

Maybe the school will be for one of Henry's friends in NYC, perhaps one he was talking on the phone with? I'm just grasping at straws now. :) We definitely need more spoilers!

Visually I don't think the Rumbelle age difference would be so noticeable and jarring if they would just stop dressing Belle like a preppy sorority girl. Or I guess they can put Rumple in something else besides a 3 piece suit but he looks so dapper in them. Better to change hers.

Her character also comes off really "young." There's a way to do innocent, good and optimistic without coming off like a girl fresh out of school. Ariel and Aurora for one. They all seem a lot older than her, not lookswise but life experience wise. Even Wendy comes off more mature.

I think they're trying to maintain the "Racey Lacey" element of her character...but it only seems to show up in her wardrobe.  Belle would be so much more interesting if they would have let some of the gray bleed over when she got her memories back, but they seem determined to keep her light and fluffy as a contrast to Rumple. 

Is this the same place where they filmed the funeral? Because it wouldn't surprise me if they stop by Neal's gave after the wedding. 

Moving to the Costuming thread

They're all leaving for Comic Con.  Emilie posted a pic of her and (I think) her hubbie on their way, and Colin, Lana, and Josh were all traveling together.  The Once panel is tomorrow morning.  Probably won't have any super huge spoilers because of their policy, but usually a few tidbits sneak through I think, though probably not much new. 

Do they usually record the panel or do they just rely on uploads from the audience? Whats the chance we'll be able to see it?

Someone in the audience will have to record and upload for people. Someone usually does, but the video also depends on how good their seats and cameras are.

Yeah, there are usually a few short clips from the audience straight away, then eventually someone uploads full ones, but they're usually shaky with crappy audio. Honestly, by that point, every single question and answer will have been transcribed and dissected in great detail online (and when you see them written down like that, maybe 10% are spoilery and 15% are actually interesting). 

What I can't remember is if they usually show any new footage? I wouldn't have thought so, given it has only been about 10 days, but the Arrow panel this evening had put a pretty slick package together, and they started filming the same day. I imagine they would want to show some Frozen stuff, but I also imagine most of that requires extensive post-production?

I think last year we got that clip of Grumpy down by the water and his fork disappears and we see a mermaid tail in the water.  The Ariel tease.  Or was that something else?  I think they'll probably show something, but it may just be a highlight real of existing footage from season 3 and earlier.  Maaaaaybe a very short teaser clip, but I don't think we'll get anything as long or detailed as the Arrow trailer.  It's just not Once's style.

• Love 2

Last year, it seemed like the better stuff came from the blogger interviews backstage and all those interviewers have cameras. The questions are better and there's not as much interruption/noise issues like there is with the main panel.

• Love 1

Yeah, they showed the Ariel tease and the Storybrooke commercials (at least, don't this it was the actual show) from the Good Morning Storybrooke extra on the Season 2 Blu-Ray.

They reveal zilch generally about the upcoming season. A&E are the kings of vagueness.

Didn't they also show the scene of Rumple crying over the doll in Neverland or was that for something else?

That was at the Disney convention, D23, in August. A couple of weeks later than Comic Con. They're not doing it this year.

Waiting for a link to the video, but according to reports the sneak peek is Regina visiting Sidney's cell saying, "There's someone standing in the way of my happiness -- I need you to get rid of them."

Groan. I wanted Sidney to be against Regina, not be her lackey again. Maybe he'll team up with Marian.

• Love 1
(edited)

The sneak peek was Regina finding Sidney and saying "There's someone in the way of my happiness. I need your help getting rid of them."

Ugh I guess Regina is back to being evil again.

ETA I just need to stop posting. Every time it's a double post. :/

Here's another report:

Regina in heels going to some vault and gets her mirror she says someone’s standing on a way of her happiness and she needs mirror to get rid of them

Edited by pezgirl7

Pic of Elsa and Anna sneak peak.

They're visiting their parents' graves, Elsa says she has a surprise for Anna's wedding to Kristoff.

There was a video shown of Ginny on-set that ended with her knocking Michael Socha out with a paddle or something because of postpartum hormones. (A skit, obviously, not actual footage of the show.)

• Love 1
(edited)
Michael Socha out with a paddle or something.

I think it's the mace she takes from the Black Knight who keeps telling her about the filming. I can't tell what the Knave is saying in the clip though.

Groan. I wanted Sidney to be against Regina, not be her lackey again. Maybe he'll team up with Marian.

Sidney's got it bad. I don't think  Regina can ever treat him bad enough that he doesn't stop doing her dirty work.

Edited by kili
(edited)

Here is a pretty comprehensive rundown of the whole panel. The only actual spoilers seem to be:

• Anna and Kirstoff are/were getting married
  • Sidney Glass is back
  • Hook gets a new wardrobe (which we knew)
  • Michael Socha seems to already be on set (or at least in Vancouver)?
  • Henry and Gold will bond, Henry is going to work/help at the pawn shop
Edited by retrograde
  • Love 1
(edited)

They're visiting their parents' graves, Elsa says she has a surprise for Anna's wedding to Kristoff.

Yep, I'm totally betting Elizabeth Mitchell is Elsa's mom now. I'm so happy to finally see what Anna looks like. She looks more "human" like Elsa, which I like.

Glad to see Socha too. If they're supposedly shooting a take with Snow, black knights and the Knave, I'm at a loss. Did Snow meet the Knave before he went to Wonderland while she was Bandit Snow or something?

I feel like Regina saying she needs Sidney to take someone out can't be Marion--that's too obvious, and wouldn't it make a total lie of her "redemption" and "love" for Robin? Maybe Elsa?

If Regina was still Mayor Mills and unredeemed, I'd be happy. But she's not, so I'm terrified they're reverting Regina.

Henry is going to work/help at the pawn shop.

LOL. I can imagine Belle and Henry being Rumple's little helpers. These two cheerleaders are going to have a blast. I'm surprised Emma and Regina would let Henry near all that magic stuff. Maybe they think Belle will safeguard him?

Edited by KingOfHearts

Glad to see Socha too. If they're supposedly shooting a take with Snow, black knights and the Knave, I'm at a loss. Did Snow meet the Knave before he went to Wonderland while she was Bandit Snow or something?

I'm not sure they were ACTUALLY filming. I suspect it was all a setup for the gag.

(edited)

I'm not sure they were ACTUALLY filming. I suspect it was all a setup for the gag.

Yeah, it was recorded for sure. But I bet the Knave/Black Knights together are legit, though. I could imagine the Knave getting in trouble with them.

Edited by KingOfHearts

Did Snow meet the Knave before he went to Wonderland while she was Bandit Snow or something?

Perhaps he's the person from another forest that taught her archery. I know we all thought it was Robin but they said it wasn't him. I don't recall the Knave really using a bow, but unless they're saving it for a possible Merida introduction, it would make sense if the Knave and Snow met before.

• Love 1

Gosh, that TV Line interview raises more questions than it answers.

Sounds like either they're going reeeeeally slow with the whole Emma/Hook thing, or some obstacle arrives early? Of course, they're only two episodes in, and I doubt much happened in the first. Maybe the "it's complicated" stuff refers to Emma feeling weird about starting a new relationship in the wake of MarianGate.

Interesting reaction to Frozen characters and their place in Storybrooke. So have they been living in the town all along? 

Sounds like either they're going reeeeeally slow with the whole Emma/Hook thing, or some obstacle arrives early? Of course, they're only two episodes in, and I doubt much happened in the first. Maybe the "it's complicated" stuff refers to Emma feeling weird about starting a new relationship in the wake of MarianGate.

I'd take everything the writers say with a grain of salt. Seldom what they say is how it actually plays out. They may think they're conveying one message onscreen, but really it comes off as something completely different. Especially since it's so early in production, they're probably saying anything they can to stir up the medias. 

• Love 1
(edited)

Gosh, that TV Line interview raises more questions than it answers.

Interesting reaction to Frozen characters and their place in Storybrooke. So have they been living in the town all along? 

LOL at JMo's "Yes ... some ... no" answer. I'm still going with my head canon for now that Elsa and Anna got urned, and Kristoff is working at the ice cream shop.

Judging from the Steveston filming, I'm expecting the Captain Swan obstacles, at least for a bit, to be of the "Dammit! We keep getting interrupted by mayhem!" type. So not smooth sailing, but they're trying!

Edited by Souris