Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)

So I was thinking about the not posting because it's getting too busy in here for one mod and I can't help but agree that it's going to get really hard for you Stacey if you're the only one. Our threads at TWOP got pretty intense and sometimes when I'd get home from work I'd have five or six pages to go through. I don't know how you run the moderator thing here but you may want to see if one of the regular posters in this thread can be made a moderator to help keep an eye on it with you. I just think it's only going to get worse with the amounts of spoilers and speculation about said spoilers. I don't go anywhere else for my spoilers- just this page, and I love coming home to five or six pages of spoilers because they are all in one neat bunch for me all tied up. I'd be sad if we were limited because of the strain on you.

Just my opinion.

Edited by Dejajeva
  • Love 2
(edited)

Here are photos from the park shoot.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/49347467@N05/with/14686989362/

What is that strap Robin is wearing? Is it for his bow? I guess I wasn't paying attention to past episodes to see if he wore it before. Also, holy heck Colin looks good.

I don't think these photos from yesterday have been posted here yet:

http://fan-girl.org/2014/07/jennifer-morrison-and-colin-odonoghue-on-the-set-of-once-upon-a-time/

Photos and info about the CS Grumpy scene from:

http://kayleoon.tumblr.com/post/92195319477/there-is-a-story-with-this-set-of-photos-they

They have been redoing this scene for a few times already. This is the scene where Captain Swan was having a “moment” (I think…?) When Leroy came in and yelled “We’re under attack”. He then goes on how someone froze his car’s transmission. Right at that moment, Jennifer Morrison went off script and instead of being the cool, calm, and collected Emma Swan as she were in the previous takes, she yelled out “FROZEN?!?!” Which obviously led to laughter and chuckles to all those who heard it :P

Photo of Elsa being scared by a gang biker:

https://mobile.twitter.com/PUNKD_Images/status/490324774669651969/photo/1

Edited by pezgirl7

Dejajeva, there is a new announcement at the top of the topic page seeking volunteers to be moderators, don't know if you saw it.

Hahah. Nope! I miss things sometimes when I post on my phone. Thanks! :)

I'm laughing so freaking hard at the look on Hook's face in this picture.  That is such a "way to ruin my flirt groove" face.  I think what I'm expecting is some flirty but timid Emma/Killian in the first few eps at least, because it's new and ill defined and people around them are having weird relationship issues and then Elsa, etc.  But I do think they'll be mostly positive at first.

• Love 4

After seeing the spoiler pictures, I have to say: the cloaks on this show can be really hit or miss (they've saddled Charming with some truly hideous ones), but I love Marian's cloak. It's so sleek and yet so practical-looking! And the color is lovely.

I really like that they're letting Charming grow some stubble these days.

David is a new father. He doesn't have the time or energy to shave. That wig, though, I don't know. I sincerely hope whoever does the wig for this show takes better care of his than they do for Snow's rat's nest. Glad to see David in the fray though. I hope this means we'll get more Emma/David again this season. 

I agree on the cloaks. Regina must have mandated great cloaks for prisoners. Maybe it's bad form to have horrid fashion in her prisons? Both Marian's and Emma's are lovely colors and seem practical for regular use.

And I am so hopeful that they can find another mod, if only to check this thread. It's so much fun to snark and come up with wildly terrible theories based on one picture (that sadly, often turn out to be correct), but felt bad about overwhelming the mod and have avoided posting anything in here the last couple days.

I don't think these photos from yesterday have been posted here yet:

http://fan-girl.org/...ce-upon-a-time/

It seems like all the actors are looking up when there's the crowd of people. What with Grumpy's "Evil snowman!!!" I predict we'll get a giant CGI snowman in this scene. 

Also, holy heck Colin looks good.

Um, yeah. Dear God. I vote for his new wardrobe to have a blue shirt.

And, yes, there might as well be a thought bubble over Hook's head in that one pic that says "Damn you, Grumpy!! Things were just getting good and hot here!"

• Love 1

Did Charming wear a wig in the finale at all? Because he has the longer hair in Storybrooke, but short in the Enchanted Forest. Unless they did all those scenes last, but I don't think they did. 

Disappointed to learn Josh Dallas is one of those dudes who insist on spreading their legs super wide apart (come on, guys, your junk isn't that big) while poor Lana is all squeezed into the side there! Reminds me of the Men Taking up Too Much Space on the Train tumblr. 

Colin O'Donoghue in casual clothes but with makeup on highlights how weird that combination could look if they don't nail Hook's modern-day duds. 

Why do they dress Little John like a hobo? 

Did Charming wear a wig in the finale at all? Because he has the longer hair in Storybrooke, but short in the Enchanted Forest. Unless they did all those scenes last, but I don't think they did.

Actually, I do believe that they filmed the Enchanted Forest scenes of the finale last. iirc they shot all of the stuff at Granny's first, and then we figured out that they were going back to Snow Falls precisely because Dallas' hair was Snow Falls-short again when they went out to shoot in the woods. So no, no wig in the finale, I think. The current wig isn't terrible until you get a side view...but still, I hope they let him ditch it after the first episode and just say Snow chopped off all his hair at home overnight.

(edited)

Cute report and pictures of JMO going off script during the "We're under attack!" scene. You can see a little more of the flirting before they're interrupted - Hook looks too happy for Emma to be pulling away.

So I was thinking of the group of people that filmed on the 18th. That's Charming, Emma, Hook, Robin, Marian, Regina and Little John. There are no reports of Elsa being on the set - so I'm thinking that scene has to do with the "bringing Marian back" drama, although I can't see why they would all be in a park/forest (?). 

Also, based on the pissed off expression Elsa had while reading the newspaper, I'm thinking it was definitely Rumple who imprisoned her, not a previous Dark One.

EDIT: actually, apparently Grumpy and Sleepy were also at the forest location, so it's probably related to Elsa. I don't see any upside into dragging Little John and various bland RH characters into it, but we'll see how they pull it off.

Edited by Serena
Why do they dress Little John like a hobo?

Little John was cursed to Storybrooke with no warning, no money, no time to pack and no modern-world download. He lived in the woods for two days, was attacked by a flying monkey and spent the next week eating monkey-chow himself. Suddenly, he finds himself in a barn just about to have his head cleaved off. Ten hours later he's chasing some magical being through the woods. Who wouldn't look like a hobo?

• Love 5

Is that location close to where they filmed the Merry Men's camp? That seems one of the more logical reasons they could all be out there.  And if Elsa runs off, she could potentially stumble towards the camp on accident, followed by Hook, Charming, Emma, and maybe possibly Regina?  It gives Regina a chance to behave like a human and hopefully step up and save Marian.   And I will admit that I'm a little torn on that situation.  I hate Saint Regina, but I also desperately want to her to actually grow as a character and do good things so that everyone bending over backward for her will be a little bit earned.  

It does look like we're going to have a giant CGI snowman in the premiere.  I hope they up the CGI budget for the first episode back so that they don't turn off the new viewers who are tuning in Frozen.

• Love 2
Maybe Little John is on the scene because of Marian.

Maybe he'll be on Team Marian, since he spent all of Robin and Regina's relationship (all four days of it) as a flying monkey and just knows Regina as the Evil Queen who had them on Wanted posters.

• Love 4
Maybe he'll be on Team Marian

Goodness knows she's going to need somebody on her team. Perhaps he'll also clue is good friend Robin into the fact he's being an entire shed full of tools.

• Love 6

Adam or Eddie did say that she was initially going to have some hesitations about being all "Woo! New relationship!" after what had happened with Regina. Which is a little eyeroll-inducing, but I think I can fanwank that she has just had a pretty intense few days

I'm going to fanwank that everyone goes along with the Regina is good now because they are trying to keep the villain subdued.  Emma isn't going to go "Woo! New relationship!" because she is worried that Regina will rip Hook's heart out and squeeze it until he's dead (like Graham) so Emma can feel her pain.

• Love 4

Plus, you also have to remember that Storybrooke is a small town and Emma is a princess. I'm sure the town gossips would have a field day with this so perhaps she just wants to keep it quiet and from prying eyes for now.

• Love 1
(edited)

With Marian calling Regina a monster, and Elsa looking fighting mad about Mr. Gold's wedding, this Season's focus seems to be on Regina and Rumple (yet again), but from the point of view of them facing some consequences of their past actions. However, when you know the deck is stacked in their favor, it's hard to feel any suspense on their behalf. With Robin running after Regina, instead of his wife, at the Diner, the fate of Marian is a foregone conclusion. It's also hard to see how Elsa is going to impact Rumple seriously, as she is not really a villain. Belle will probably spout-off to Elsa that Rumple has a pure heart compared to her frozen one. Added to this, Emma is going to get a lot of flack for bringing Marian and Elsa back. I'm just not that optimistic about this Season, honestly. 

Edited by Rumsy4
  • Love 3

Weil actually with all this picture of Emma and Hook investigating together the new crisis it seems they will be the it team who resolve the Elsa drama and Ice Queen. Rumple will mostly have is own arc Dagger deception and the reason Elsa is mad. But he will not be the one who defeated her.

The Regina main arc is clearly the triangle and not Elsa neither, she will definetively help and that will help keeping outlaw near each other as they work with the others. But I'm really sure Elsa is Emma main arc this half after the interview from the actor and the Bts pics out there. It is her turn to shine!

So, will have the hot captainswan as a team until Hook is definitively being frozen or else and Emma has to make the ultimate act of love. So it will answer the question if she is willing to go to the end of the world .

I don't think the CS "act of love" will happen in 4A to be honest. I mean, broadly speaking, all of season one build up to Emma accepting her love for Henry, all of season 2... IDK what season 2 was, and season 3 ended with Emma accepting her parents. So if they're doing an arc on Emma accepting that she loves Hook I wouldn't bet on it being resolved before 422.

And now I have pictures in my head of Elsa scaring the bikers into submission with a display of her powers and leading them on a conquest. Kinda reminding me of that Lorelai episode of Agents of Shield.

• Love 1
(edited)

Trying to think of who the bikers could be... Regina's guards? The mice from Cinderella? :)

Here are a few new photos from filming.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/26701935@N02/sets/72157645380333259/

I wonder if Georgina had a scene by the diner, or if she was just wrapping up some other filming at night?

ETA: Pretty good video of the CS and Grumpy scene:

http://kayleoon.tumblr.com/post/92359488647/ouat-spoiler-bts-yay-i-finally-got-this

Edited by pezgirl7
(edited)

Have we talked about the newspaper Elsa is carrying in that pic? I can't find the full-frame image right now (the link is a cropped version turned upside down), but she's looking cranky in the pic. I'm guessing she recognizes Mr. Gold as the guy who put her in the urn and is not happy about it.

Also, my new head canon, until disproven, is that the reason Hook needs a new wardrobe is that Emma tries to magically disrobe him for taco time, but she accidentally poofs all his clothes away.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

Yeah, it took me a few days to realize the significance of the newspaper (and as a former newspaper editor, can I just say that that is a terrible front page "exclusive"? Things at the Mirror have really gone downhill since Sidney Glass left). I think it pretty much confirms her main connection will be with Rumple.

(Also, does that headline finally confirm that Rumple's name under the curse really was just "Mr. Gold" with no first name? Or is that more sloppy reporting?)

What I'm loving about the paper is that it's the "morning edition." As if newspapers actually have multiple editions anymore, or that there could be enough news in Storybrooke to fill two editions, if the Gold-Belle engagement being the A1 blockup is any indication.

• Love 2
(edited)

Wow, I didn't even know Storybrooke knew about the wedding, besides Archie and Moe. If it was known enough to be in the newspaper, I'm surprised it was never mentioned at the coronation party or by the main cast members.

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2
(edited)

It seems to be more an engagement announcement, since it says "to marry." So the paper is actually behind on the news, since they actually already got married.

Also, "exclusive." Like, what other entity in Storybrooke would be their competition? Does Grumpy have a gossip blog?

ETA: Ep 2 title and writer.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 3

It seems to be more an engagement announcement, since it says "to marry." So the paper is actually behind on the news, since they actually already got married.

Yeah, that's right. I didn't know they knew about the engagement either!

"White Out" seems like a typical script name for a Frozen-related episode. But I'm hopeful of the tone it's going to set if Jane Espenson is writing episode two -- or completely worried that they have to bring out their big guns for the second episode already.

Espenson often writes the second or third episode of the season or half-season, though. She wrote 1x08 (the first episode of 1A); 2x02 and then 2x12 (the third episode of 2B); 3x03 and then 3x13 (the second episode of 3B). It's their normal pattern.

I don't think her writing 4x02 means anything other than it's likely a Rumpel or Regina-centric, because she almost always handles the centrics for those two characters. (And given that 2x02, 3x03, and 3x13 were all Regina, I'm going to guess 4x02 is Regina...joy, just what we need, yet another Regina centric.)

• Love 1
(edited)

My somewhat overheated brain (love summer heat while thinking about something frozen) made of "White Out" "Wipe Out". No idea if that might be intentional. Isn't white-out a correction fluid brand, that stuff you use to correct mistakes in old fashioned analogue writing on paper? Just brainstorming a bit here.

Besides that it means in meteorology a condition where visibility is  significantly reduced by snow or sand, like in a blizzard.

So let me guess, someone has no clue what is going on, they're blinded by something or someone. The normal condition of the good guys on the show.

Edited by katusch
  • Love 2
(edited)

Also, "exclusive." Like, what other entity in Storybrooke would be their competition? Does Grumpy have a gossip blog?

Sorry. :-p

"White Out" seems like a typical script name for a Frozen-related episode.

I usually like Espenson's writing, but after Witch Hunt and Bleeding Through, I'm not very enthusiastic. It's very likely to be a Woegina episode, and Regina and Robin Hood probably get snowed-in a lonely cabin and make out.

Edited by Rumsy4

Espenson is generally less terrible with the Woegina stuff. And she actually manages to get character moments into the plot, plot, plot crap, so I'm somewhat optimistic. I could see 4.02 being a Rumpel-centric given that he seems to be linked to the Frozen plot way more than Regina. With a title like "White Out" and the 11 million episodes the Frozen characters are scheduled for, I'm more on the side of this being a Rumpel/Frozen ep like "Witch Hunt" was a Regina/Zelena ep.

Also, going back a bit, can I just say Team Marian! I can only hope that she really does call Regina a monster and points out to Snow & Emma that she just watched Regina grin gleefully while watching Snow burn at the stake. At least somebody should show some distress about that execution.

• Love 2

Isn't white-out a correction fluid brand, that stuff you use to correct mistakes in old fashioned analogue writing on paper?

Yes it sure is, and I used to use it all the time (makes me feel old).  Could "White" in the title refer to Snow and her possible connection to Elsa?  That old mention of her having been born in the coldest winter.

Also, going back a bit, can I just say Team Marian! I can only hope that she really does call Regina a monster and points out to Snow & Emma that she just watched Regina grin gleefully while watching Snow burn at the stake. At least somebody should show some distress about that execution.

If only!  Since Emma and Hook were extremely nonchalant about it upon their return, let's hope Marian rips Regina a new one about it.  

(edited)

Could "White" in the title refer to Snow and her possible connection to Elsa?

White Out could mean...

"Elsa gets a job at the Daily Mirror as a 1980s typewriter typist. She falls in love with Sydney Glass, but when Regina finds out, she crushes Sydney's heart as he dies in Elsa's arms."

Or...

"The Evil Queen finally kills Snow White."

Edited by KingOfHearts

White out is a very common way to refer to blizzards, at least in the midwest USA where I'm from.  Maybe y'all knew that and were just making jokes because how do you not with this show, but just in case anyone didn't know that...

So I wonder if we'll get Elsa causing a massive storm.

• Love 2

I can hand wave Snow being over that because in theory, with time travel, she's already forgiven it.  Emma not caring is just bizarre.

The bigger problem is Marian herself and there is going to be no excuse if Snow gets the whole story and doesn't come down on team Marian.  There is no way they can spin that Snow gets a black spot on her heart over killing Cora and is ok with peacefully co-existing with Regina when she killed people whose only crime was protecting Snow.  Its got to be easier to say bygones when you are the victim than when the victims were protecting you. 

My main concern with the rush romance of Outlaw Queen is that expose the biggest default of the writer.

1)

Zelena was the (story) which they wanted to tell during this half. So Belle, Regina and Emma  storyline could just be rushed because of the amount of screen time took by Zelena sob backstory. Adding they already choose their genial twist (the dead wife return) for season 4.
Why they had bothered with the writing of a realistic romance when they have cheap angst and drama. They knew the Regina fans will be aboard of the ship easily even if rushed and detrimental to both charather of the new pairing.

It is my real problem with the authors. They know that the real strength of the show are the characters and their relations between them but always choose plot, drama over any organic developpement.

2)I was in the team Outlaw meet and fall in love in the EF after Robin fight his attraction because of (Well Evil Queen !) And I was 75% sure they were the wedding. It will make the love story so much more believable to me. But instead I just felt a sexual escape to release the tension between witch hunting, nothing meaningful and it is strange because they're supposed to be the soul mate.It was more fun for them to give so much screen time at their own Witch that they will kill son than to write a real epic love story of her favourite Queen. It should scare anyone who has a ship in this show. They will always choose chock value over any relationship or character.

"The Evil Queen finally kills Snow White."

Or maybe Snow finally just gets fed up with everything and decides to peace out. ;) Maybe she screams "White out!", drops the mic on Main Street, and walks away.

More seriously, I'm pretty sure it's going to refer to blizzard-like conditions in Storybrooke, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's also a secondary meaning.

• Love 5

More seriously, I'm pretty sure it's going to refer to blizzard-like conditions in Storybrooke, but I wouldn't be surprised if there's also a secondary meaning.

Yes, like Snow White is stranded outdoors in the blizzard.

I've been really against the whole idea of a Frozen storyline; but it just occurred to me blizzard - like conditions!  Blizzard-like conditions usually result in couples like Hook and Emma being "forced" to use their bodies to keep warm.  Also very good for declarations of feelings when faced with almost certain death from cold.

• Love 1
(edited)

I imagine Robin, Roland, Marian and the Merry Men will have to relocate from the forest to Granny's. Or they can all move in with Regina. Wackiness and drama ensue!

Sorry. :-p

Maybe his name should've been changed from Dreamy to Gossipy instead of Grumpy.

Edited by Souris
  • Love 1

I imagine Robin, Roland, Marian and the Merry Men will have to relocate from the forest to Granny's. Or they can all move in with Regina. Wackiness and drama ensue!

Just like old times in the Lost Year, except with the wife back in town. ;-)

You know, that is one sitcom that I actually would watch. Bonus points if Little John makes it a point to trudge mud all over Regina's floors and she can barely restrain herself from throwing a fireball at him!

• Love 2
(edited)

Bonus points if Little John makes it a point to trudge mud all over Regina's floors and she can barely restrain herself from throwing a fireball at him!

She'll bribe him to leave with a free buffet!

Today's Special: Apple turnovers!

Edited by KingOfHearts
  • Love 2

Yeah, a standard TV blizzard pretty much guarantees some people will get trapped outside for some old fashioned cuddling, and some inside for some old fashioned truth telling.

I wonder if they'll use a whole bunch of fake snow, or if the next episode will mostly be done in-studio with CGI?

• Love 1