Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

but unless Merida has some unseen history with Rumple

Merida trained Rumple to be a hero. She went camping with him in the woods listening to him whimper and whine. Then, she went all bear and he turned her back. Maybe she goes to his funeral because she feels bad about that. Even though she was forced to do that because Emma had her heart, heroes always feel guilty about everything.

Since Merida made Rumple miss magic, it will be all her fault he went dark. Plus Emma's fault. So, his death? All their fault. That's how morality and guilt works on this show.

• Love 2
kili, on 08 Mar 2016 - 6:56 PM, said:

Merida trained Rumple to be a hero. She went camping with him in the woods listening to him whimper and whine. Then, she went all bear and he turned her back. Maybe she goes to his funeral because she feels bad about that. Even though she was forced to do that because Emma had her heart, heroes always feel guilty about everything.

Since Merida made Rumple miss magic, it will be all her fault he went dark. Plus Emma's fault. So, his death? All their fault. That's how morality and guilt works on this show.

Right. I blocked that out. But is that enough to attends someone's funeral? Though I'm not sure how much logic we can apply to who goes to a funeral and who doesn't.

Though I'm not sure how much logic we can apply to who goes to a funeral and who doesn't.

Yeah, this show throws logic out the window all the time, so it's hard to determine whose funeral it might be based on pre-existing characterizations. For all we know, they could hand wave Hook looking sad at Rumple's funeral by saying they resolved all their issues off screen right before Rumple died.

Though I'm not sure how much logic we can apply to who goes to a funeral and who doesn't.

It's sort of a TV convention that every main character will attend the funeral of any regular character being killed off, regardless of their actual relationship on the show.

On this show, spending about five minutes with a guy before his death and him doing one kind of sort of heroic (but actually kind of stupid) thing gets him hailed as a hero, a kid named after him, and every other character being tearful at his funeral, in spite of him being barely known and having done some seriously shady stuff in his past. So that would mean that if Rumple dies even a slightly good death, he still gets the full town attending the funeral and looking sad, in spite of his years of evil. But he won't get a kid named after him. One slightly heroic action that results in his death will outweigh centuries of evil, including serious wrongs done to most of the other main characters.

• Love 3
(edited)

That's bothered me too. Wouldn't Hook's body start decaying?

Regina preserved Daniel's body for 28 years (and she didn't even know magic when he died). I don't see how they can't do the same with Hook's.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 1

Looking at that sneak preview again, I sure hope for Colin's sake that they filmed the 30 seconds of "message" while he was made up for the next episode rather than putting him through all that makeup for 30 seconds. They could have had him just stand and twitch a bit before doing the filming for this episode and then edited that into the previous episode. The makeup looks almost identical, down to that eye that's almost swollen shut.

Right. I blocked that out. But is that enough to attends someone's funeral? Though I'm not sure how much logic we can apply to who goes to a funeral and who doesn't.

Funerals are just as much a social obligation as weddings and house warmings. Probably half the people at any good-sized funeral are there just as much to schmooze and be seen as to pay respects. If the deceased was a prominent public figure in either a good or bad way make that 90%. People also go to the funerals of individuals they hate all the time. Mafia funerals are big social events.

Looking at that sneak preview again, I sure hope for Colin's sake that they filmed the 30 seconds of "message" while he was made up for the next episode rather than putting him through all that makeup for 30 seconds. They could have had him just stand and twitch a bit before doing the filming for this episode and then edited that into the previous episode. The makeup looks almost identical, down to that eye that's almost swollen shut.

I think the makeup people just did a good job of mimicking the original look. You can tell there's a slightly different blood drip pattern on his right cheek in the sneak peek, and I think they eased up on the swollen eye prosthetic so Colin could slightly open his left eye. In the Skype call, the swollen eye makeup seemed a lot heavier and he couldn't even open it.

(edited)

That makeup for Hook is not so bad. Makeup artists work from pictures to duplicate the look every day. They are pros at it.  Robert Carlyle has to sit in the make up chair much longer every time he has to film as imp Rumple. So does Rebecca Mader for green Zelana.

Edited by orza
(edited)

I just remembered that it could be The Walking dead because

rumors about Daryl.

I had a bad thought about

Rick

, which IMO, would be the most surprising death any tv show could give us at this point, but the blind item says one of the big five networks, so it's not AMC's The Walking Dead. 

I agree with those who say it's probably not about OUaT. Emma, Regina, and Snow are the stars of the show. Rumple is a main character. He might die, but I don't think this BI is about him. 

Edited by InsertWordHere

so...Killian's rings are still dark like they were when he was a DO.....and he's wearing what looks like one of those thick elastic bands for putting hair into a ponytail or a braid etc....is he taking a page out of Emma's book and wearing a token from her....or planning to grow that ponytail back so Liam will recognize him???

(edited)

I know the 5 years number has been thrown around forever in regards to Robert's contract but Danny Boyle said they have to film in May-June because of RC and Jonny Lee Miller's commitment to their tv shows. He specifically pointed those 2 out and added something like if it didn't happen in May-June it wasn't going to happen for a couple of years. That tells me RC has a longer contract.

That said I'm sure if he really wanted out, they would let him go.

Edited by LizaD

so...Killian's rings are still dark like they were when he was a DO.....and he's wearing what looks like one of those thick elastic bands for putting hair into a ponytail or a braid etc....is he taking a page out of Emma's book and wearing a token from her....or planning to grow that ponytail back so Liam will recognize him???

It's a bead bracelet, scapeartist (tumblr) and I can't decide if it's bloodstone or onyx. She makes ouat themed jewelry and plans to make some. She's leaning toward matte onyx thinking the red hue is fake blood or lighting.

It's a bead bracelet, scapeartist (tumblr) and I can't decide if it's bloodstone or onyx. She makes ouat themed jewelry and plans to make some. She's leaning toward matte onyx thinking the red hue is fake blood or lighting.

oh wow...good eyesight...now why would Killian suddenly have a bead bracelet and where would have picked it up from in between being tortured is he allowed to go souvenir shopping? ??

Why did Mary Margaret hide her kiss with James from David?  I hope we are not going to get an adultery storyline.  Snow being attracted by the "bad boy" in James and then leaving Charming in Hell.

Sorry I'm quoting from so far back but I'm just now catching up- 

I would totally take James over David. That kiss was hot.

Also, you know you are too invested in this show when you dream about Hook and Emma being horribly dragged apart (again) and have to watch youtube videos of them kissing to make you feel better. #pregnancyhormones

Also, I'm living by this thread and love you all so much. <3

• Love 5

I know the 5 years number has been thrown around forever in regards to Robert's contract but Danny Boyle said they have to film in May-June because of RC and Jonny Lee Miller's commitment to their tv shows. He specifically pointed those 2 out and added something like if it didn't happen in May-June it wasn't going to happen for a couple of years. That tells me RC has a longer contract.

That said I'm sure if he really wanted out, they would let him go.

Either that or he's assuming Robert will renew his contract once the show got renewed for a 6th season.

Whether that happens or not, we'll have to see. 

oh wow...good eyesight...now why would Killian suddenly have a bead bracelet and where would have picked it up from in between being tortured is he allowed to go souvenir shopping? ??

Likely a part of his dark one jewelry we just didn't see due to the sleeve covering it up.

Looks like pretty much everyone including Arthur were filming together. There were even two babies on set! 

I actually like it that the writers decided to integrate the Camelot stuff into the resolution for 5B instead of just using old footage. It might tie in the two arcs better than normally happens.

(edited)

They typically have more than one baby to play er... one baby. Because they can't have a single baby filming multiple takes for hours. So, maybe it's just Snowflake. OTOH, Pistachio must be back in Sb, as everyone else seems to have returned from the UW. 

Also, apparently there is to be a "New York City" filming today. More Emma flashbacks??

Edited by Rumsy4
(edited)

Also, apparently there is to be a "New York City" filming today. More Emma flashbacks??

Why is people assuming that is for OUAT? It can be for any of the multiple shows or films shot in Vancouver. 

Edited by RadioGirl27
You can tell there's a slightly different blood drip pattern on his right cheek in the sneak peek, and I think they eased up on the swollen eye prosthetic so Colin could slightly open his left eye. In the Skype call, the swollen eye makeup seemed a lot heavier and he couldn't even open it.

Hee, it's like CSI: Spoilers as we analyze blood drip patterns to determine exactly what might have happened between the bad-reception afterlife Skype and Hook waking up in that dungeon. The way he wakes up makes it look like he's shocked to find himself there, like maybe he passed out in a different place. And he seems surprised to find a certain degree of freedom, so perhaps wherever he was before he was more closely guarded or chained up or at least behind bars of some kind.

I speculated in the Hook thread that perhaps the torture isn't because of his bad deeds or having been a Dark One, but rather because he was good -- either because he foiled the Dark One's plans or because he's refusing to cooperate with Hades. This clip supports that, since Meg is imprisoned in the same place and I don't think she's supposed to be a bad guy (then again, this show and its love for "twists"). And meanwhile, the villains seem to be living perfectly happy lives with no suffering. If Hook were getting the villain treatment, he'd be running the Rabbit Hole or would be James's deputy sheriff, or at least would be hanging out on the Jolly Roger at the dock.

• Love 3
And he seems surprised to find a certain degree of freedom, so perhaps wherever he was before he was more closely guarded or chained up or at least behind bars of some kind.

I suspect that the alcove he finds himself in is actually a cell. The way Meg is sitting in hers and not moving and then what she says about it being a trick that makes you think you can escape, makes me think that normally, they can't get out of their alcove/cell. I think there is normally bars making the alcove a cell and when Killian wakes up, he sees that there are no bars, so he thinks he can escape. Meg doesn't bother trying because she knows that dog will prevent her from escaping so she might was well just sit in her alcove/cell.

The more things go, the more I think Arthur has taken over Storybrooke while everyone was away. 

And I think it's Pistachio he has. Zelena has zero reason to be there unless it's her kid.

This clip supports that, since Meg is imprisoned in the same place and I don't think she's supposed to be a bad guy (then again, this show and its love for "twists")

When I saw the sneak peek, I immediately imagined that Meg was working for Hades. (As she does in the Disney movie.) But according to the press release, she does make it to the Nevengers to tell them where Hook is, so chances of that are low. Presumably she is saved by Hercules since she's not seen after this episode.

Why is people assuming that is for OUAT? It can be for any of the multiple shows or films shot in Vancouver. 

I answer myself. It's for OUAT, but it's Rumple not Emma the one in NY and he has his car, so it's not a flashback to the six weeks between 4A and 4B.

If he is not the one dying, and I'm starting to think he is not, I'm going to be so mad. After everything he has done, is he going to win again while the rest suffer? It's not fair and it's getting ridiculous. A show about hope? Yeah, no.

The 5x22 title is "Only You"?

Great. I'm going to be subjected to yet another montage set to that terrible song. (Sorry Yazoo fans, but that song is like nails on a chalkboard to me.)

• Love 4

I wish that title were exciting because it was referring to Captain Swan. But I have zero faith in emotional payoff so I am sure this is going to be Outlaw Queen or Zelena / Hades (wicked hell?) and Hook will get his soul back and they'll peace out with a 22second scene.

(edited)

The 5x22 title is "Only You"?

Why did Neal's resurrection come to mind?! Make it stop!! SwanFire must die!

I wish that title were exciting because it was referring to Captain Swan.

If they're using a Neal reference for a Captain Swan episode, I'm going to flip tables.

Great. I'm going to be subjected to yet another montage set to that terrible song. (Sorry Yazoo fans, but that song is like nails on a chalkboard to me.)

I'm fine with the song itself, but A) it's Neal-related and B) it doesn't fit very well into the show.

Edited by KingOfHearts

"Only You" for 5.22

Aww, finally a spoiler I can get behind!  I don't really care if it's for CS, OW or Hades and Zelena (is their a ship name yet), I think it'll be sweet

It's also probably a reference to the song and the movie, the movie deals directly with soul mates. Spoilers say Emma's carrying around Hook's soul in a box, but then we've also got Robin and Regina who are fated soul mates.  So it probably applies to both...

• Love 1
(edited)

Goodman and Chambliss have writen some good episodes for Hook and CS. But as I have said before, I don't expect any kind of emotional payoff for Hook and Emma, and, anyway, I think this title has more to do with the fury and Robin's almost death in Camelot that it has to do with CS. I just hope it has nothing to do with Douchfire.

Edited by RadioGirl27
  • Love 2

Only You the 1994 movie's plot is that a girl is told her soulmate's name is  "Damon."  She spends years trying to find him but ends up engaged to someone else.  One day she stumbles upon information about "Damon" and this leads to an adventure to find him, which she does and falls in love with him only to find it that's not his real name.  She finds the real "Damon," and it's not love, and she learns the name "Damon" was just a joke anyway, that he was never supposed to be her soulmate.

This sounds a lot like a Regina and Robin scenario perhaps?

• Love 3

I'm fine with the song itself, but A) it's Neal-related and B) it doesn't fit very well into the show.

Honestly, I totally forgot that was the same song Neal somehow had enough time to tell Henry about offscreen when he also happened to be engaged to Tamara in Storybrooke. I just despise the corny 80s synthesizers.

Only You the 1994 movie's plot is that a girl is told her soulmate's name is  "Damon."  She spends years trying to find him but ends up engaged to someone else.  One day she stumbles upon information about "Damon" and this leads to an adventure to find him, which she does and falls in love with him only to find it that's not his real name.  She finds the real "Damon," and it's not love, and she learns the name "Damon" was just a joke anyway, that he was never supposed to be her soulmate.

This sounds a lot like a Regina and Robin scenario perhaps?

Yeah that sounds like it could be them. Robin and Regina only happened because Tinkerbell told her. Maybe this Robin isn't even the real one and the real one is in LA pretending to be Lucifer.

• Love 6

Maybe it's about Henry and Violet? After all, the song was used for them the most - during their first meeting in Camelot, during their second first meeting back in Storybrooke, during their "date"...

Or it's about all the couples because that was how it was used during the first time in Camelot.

• Love 1
(edited)

People, it's a Henry/Violet and Camelot arc-related song.

The main reason it's the title is that this episode wraps up the Camelot characters.

Also, it probably encompasses all the TL couples, since they all will have something to do in the episode (Arthur may have baby-napped baby Neal and baby Pistachio as well as taken Hook's body, and who knows what's going on between Rumple and Belle at this point.)

Edited by Mathius

Yeah that sounds like it could be them. Robin and Regina only happened because Tinkerbell told her. Maybe this Robin isn't even the real one and the real one is in LA pretending to be Lucifer.

Bawhahaaa!  Ok, that struck me as especially funny, because I've been watching Tom Ellis over the last few weeks, and keep wishing he were still on the Once cast.  But then again, maybe not.  At least he's really getting to stretch his acting chops in Lucifer.  He can pull off unhinged and seriously pissed/demented/intense quite well.  Oh to have a Robin Hood who could display a modicum of some emotion.  Sigh.

(edited)

Oh to have a Robin Hood who could display a modicum of some emotion.  Sigh.

No offense to Sean, but he brings no energy to the role. Not like Tom Ellis, anyway.

I love how there's still people waiting on Robin not being the dragon tattoo guy after all. Since that twist would have only worked in S4, it's right up to A&E's alley to wait until 5B to use it. (Like how Zarian only worked in 4A.) Right now I don't think Regina would care since she and Robin have been smooth sailing. She really has zero reason to drop him.

Edited by KingOfHearts

I'll guess that it points to wrapping up Camelot (which includes Henry/Violet), but leans toward OQ stuff because 5x02 had OQ stuff and Robin dying, the fury, etc. But if it's like 5x02, then there might be some decent CS stuff thrown into the mix.

We'll see.

• Love 1
Just gotta say: my favorite part of that Hook sneak peek?  He referred to himself FIRST as Captain Killian Jones.  Then he clarified and said Captain Hook.  When's the last time he thought of himself as Killian Jones first and not Hook?

He's been referring to himself as "Killian" since early in season 4. When he had the hand back and Emma quipped about what would she call him now, Captain Hand? He gave her a "duh" look and said Killian would do. He also refers to himself as "Killian" when he leaves her phone messages. However, I don't recall him using "Captain Killian Jones" before. It's been "Captain Hook" or "Killian Jones."

And on CSI: Spoilers:

I suspect that the alcove he finds himself in is actually a cell. The way Meg is sitting in hers and not moving and then what she says about it being a trick that makes you think you can escape, makes me think that normally, they can't get out of their alcove/cell. I think there is normally bars making the alcove a cell and when Killian wakes up, he sees that there are no bars, so he thinks he can escape. Meg doesn't bother trying because she knows that dog will prevent her from escaping so she might was well just sit in her alcove/cell.

You could read that scene in two different ways. It could be that this is the cell he's usually been in, but it's been barred or barricaded before, and he wakes to find it open, but Meg has learned about the dog while he was unconscious and so she's not trying to get out. Or it could be that he's been held somewhere else that is more like a traditional cell, and he wakes to find himself in this alcove that looks easy to get out of, but Meg has been held in this place for a while and knows about the dog, so she knows there might as well be bars. One touch I thought was interesting was the way he hesitated before taking a step, with his leg a bit twisted, like it's been injured. He moves like he's not sure he trusts his leg to support him when he steps on it, and he's limping when he does walk. I wonder if Colin is using the experience from his broken leg there because that moment rang so true. I remember having knee surgery and the first time they made me put my weight on that leg in physical therapy was rather scary. I had to learn to trust that leg again.

I suppose it says something about my taste in music that when I see the title "Only You," the only song that comes to mind is the Platters classic. I seem to have missed the other one entirely.

• Love 3

Based on that 2nd sneak peek, I'm really excited for this episode. I know I should lower my expectations, but I can't. It actually looks like Snow might get a good centric. When was the last time that happened?

Edited by HoodlumSheep

It actually looks like Snow might get a good centric. When was the last time that happened?

Season 1?

I'm actually impressed David said, "At the expense of looking for Hook?" Usually those kind of plot details are brushed under the rug and the heroes look insensitive for going off on an unrelated adventure.

• Love 4