Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion: The apple was poisoned?!

• Start Topic

(edited)
With Hook being "befuddled", Emma looking a little bit piratey and the spoiler that there will be a CS scene featuring a flask, I think it would be pretty funny if Emma is the one offering rum to Hook for once

He may be like his Lt. Jones version and not drink at all. Have we seen Hook do a spit-take yet?

Or maybe we'll get a repeat of the bandaging scene from Talahasse, but in reverse.

Edited by kili
  • Love 1
(edited)

I fear if the Dark One curse gets lifted off of Rumple, they'll just blame all his bad deeds on the curse. Since, you know... he was such a nice guy pre-dagger! Since Captain Swan was the only non-angsty couple in 4B, I figure they'll reverse it. Emma will be the Dark One and Outlaw Queen/Rumpbelle will all be back together.

Edited by KingOfHearts

One thing I've enjoyed about the Author is two of the sneaks is that he finally mentions how shitty the EF is compared with ours and other worlds. It's basically medieval, and it has always bugged me that this has not bugged the characters whenever they've had to return. No one in the missing year seemed at all annoyed that they were suddenly without modern technology and medicine. 

Or indoor plumbling! Seriously, magic seems like it could replace an iPod and modern medicine with magic. But do they have medieval castles with modern toilets and showers? Can you just magic away poo and dirty hair? I mean, I think it's been proven by Snow's wigs that shampoo doesn't exist in the Enchanted Forest. So why would any of them be excited about this AU or even the return last year because of Pan's curse? Ugh. Another idea for my summer hiatus fanfic list.

(And yes, I have actually thought about this. In my defense, I've already had two glasses of wine tonight.) 

• Love 1
In my defense, I've already had two glasses of wine tonight.

Hey, hey, hey. Stop that. You'll have none left for Sunday night and then you'll have to watch sober. We can't be held accountable for what that might do to your sanity. Just like magic, all soberness comes with a price.

Or are you just conditioning? That's just smart.

• Love 1
(edited)

Hey, hey, hey. Stop that. You'll have none left for Sunday night and then you'll have to watch sober. We can't be held accountable for what that might do to your sanity. Just like magic, all soberness comes with a price.

Or are you just conditioning? That's just smart.

Don't worry. I'm bringing the big guns out for this special Sunday. Rum and Cokes for everyone! Or just for me. Spoiler alert: I'll be buzzed when I post on Sunday. Let's hope that's not the most entertaining thing about the finale.

Edited by sharky
  • Love 3
(edited)

I've been thinking about Emma as the new Dark One as the cliffhanger, and there has to be something more there, like Emma disappearing or loosing her memory. Because the Dark Curse can be reverted with a TLK and Emma has a confirmed True Love in Henry (and a possible one in Hook). So it would be as easy as to have Emma and Henry kiss and bye bye Dark One. So, unless they decide to retcon this (something I wouldn't put pass them) and TLK is not enough anymore to break the Dark One Curse, there has to be something else there.

Well, that's unless Dark One Emma doesn't want the curse broken for whatever reason.

Yeah, it won't be the first time A&E decide to change Emma's personality completely to fit their plot, as this Emma and Regina are BFF shows.

Edited by RadioGirl27

They could totally be, oh Emma is the first woman Dark One ever, the rules are slightly different.  Though honestly, I'm pretty certain the reason they would have Emma as the Dark One is so that she and Hook can finally break that curse.

Colin said something sometime ago about the dark curse and Rumple in that the curse actually lives in him, so everything that has happened while Rumple was the Dark One, they're not going to hold it against Rumple the man.  Though I'm not even sure how the guy will survive without magic and lead a simple life because that's really not what he wants.

If we ever do get a TLK between Hook and Emma (and I hope we do), the Dark One Curse would be the best one to be broken through it, since it would have more impact character-wise than if they broke Storybrooke Curse #24601.

Yeah, I agree. The Dark One Curse is the perfect one to be broken by a TLK between Hook and Emma, but that's the kind of thing that happens in a season finale. That's why I think there has to be more there in the cliffhanger than just Emma as the new Dark One if they want it to be a half-season-long arc, like Emma being stranded somewhere (the EF, the underworld, Wonderland, you can choose) and the rest of characters have to find her, or there is a memory loss (Emma remembers but Hook and Henry no, or Hook and Henry remember but Emma no). All of this options are repetition of previous plots, but hey, that's something A&E like to do.

or there is a memory loss (Emma remembers but Hook and Henry no, or Hook and Henry remember but Emma no)

I am so over the memory loss.

Colin said something sometime ago about the dark curse and Rumple in that the curse actually lives in him, so everything that has happened while Rumple was the Dark One, they're not going to hold it against Rumple the man.

That in itself could be enough of a reason for Emma not to want to break the Dark Curse. If the Dark Curse lives in her, it will fight against any urge she has to kill the curse with a TLK. They just do a minor retcon on Rumple's reason for not letting Belle break the curse (the Curse just convinced him that he needed to keep the curse for his son) and they've got it.

Or maybe Emma is frozen in Carbonite and Hook has to come free her. As part of the epic battle that ensues, the Author can be fed to the Sarlacc.

I was thinking a little more about the Author/Rumpel sneak peek

"I would like a world where I remember doing right by my boy. Where he may be gone, but I can live with that loss. Where Bae sees me as a hero, right to the end.

To me, the "live with that loss" is the most significant part of this clip.

Regina, Rumpel, Hook, Zelena (to a lesser extent), all have been driven by the inability to let go of a loss. It the prime driver of their bad actions. For Regina and Hook, their "redemption" can be measured by how much they've been able to let go and live the with loss of Daniel, Milah, Liam.

Because the loss of a child is something most parents can't cope with even when they aren't culpable in the loss, Rumpel's actions were, for centuries, driven by the need to find Bae and fix what couldn't be fixed, at the cost of everybody's lives and happiness. Because Rumpel  did manage to make some amends to Nealfire - because Neal, at the end, did see him as a "hero,' and through Rumpel's own actions - now he can at least see the need to let go.

In the past, Rumpel has most often presented the "magical" solution to deep emotional pain as forgetting: giving Snow the potion to forget Charming, offering to wind Neal back to his childhood self. Here, when he has an open door to erase it all, he chooses to use magic to set him on the more human path of keeping the memories and the loss, but moving past it.

Would it be better for him to do it for himself? Sure. But he's self aware enough to know his limitations.

It also calls back to the end of S2a, when Rumpel joins the effort to #SaveHenry to "honor" Baelfire after his "death." To make his AU self someone who lives a life that would honor Bae after he was lost repeats that basic theme (and will probably have a similar result).

As cheese-tastic as the "knight" sneak peek is, it's also pretty direct reference to 'Desperate Souls." The first time we see the Dark One, he's on a horse laying a magical whammy on innocent villagers who don't want to send their children to be ogre-kibble. The first time we see Rumpel,  he's on a horse putting the whammy on a an ogre to save the villagers. 

Obviously, the AU doesn't hold, and Rumpel ends up back where he started. Question is, combined with the potential removal of the Dark One's curse - which A&E have been hinting since S1 would in and of itself revert Rumpel to a very different personality -  does the memory of the AU stick, and does it act sort of like A Christmas Carol, where Ebenezer Scrooge sees the light and becomes "as good a man as the old town had ever known"?

(Apologies for any poorly worded thoughts...allergies, cold medications, typing in a fog....)

• Love 3
(edited)

It would be thematically great if Emma and Hook broke the Dark Curse. Emma is the Savior, the lightest magic ever (you know, except for Woegina, but thankfully they haven't mentioned that BS 'Regina has light magic' since 3B) and the Dark One basically fucked with her whole life. Hook was basically 'created' by the DO, with him cutting off his hand and killing his love. Their love destroying the DO once and for all would make perfect sense.

Which means of course, that it will be Regina kissing a portrait of herself who will break it.

BTW, I don't think they would necessarily need to wait for the 5B finale to break the Dark Curse. I mean, the 3A finale basically looked like a series finale, so they could do it in 5A. Then of course, the DO being destroyed means the Darker One can rise, or whatever.

Edited by Serena
  • Love 1

Or indoor plumbling! Seriously, magic seems like it could replace an iPod and modern medicine with magic. But do they have medieval castles with modern toilets and showers? Can you just magic away poo and dirty hair? I mean, I think it's been proven by Snow's wigs that shampoo doesn't exist in the Enchanted Forest. So why would any of them be excited about this AU or even the return last year because of Pan's curse? Ugh. Another idea for my summer hiatus fanfic list.

(And yes, I have actually thought about this. In my defense, I've already had two glasses of wine tonight.)

I love your fics plan away...

• Love 2

If Emma becomes the dark one, as someone who has no darkness in her, she'd pretty much have equal parts light and equal parts dark.  She has the lightest magic ever and she'd have the darkest magic ever.  

Part of the narrative this season has been about Emma accepting who she is, but it also has been about the people around her.  We had the person who wanted to basically steal her magic, the person who wanted her to be her sister in magic, the person who was scared of her magic, the two people who sought to change her before she was even born, rejecting whatever darkness she had in her.  

Emma has been a means to an end for Rumple and Ingrid and her parents wanted her to be a hero and Snow has shown no regrets about doing what she did because she chalked it up as saving and protecting her child (which is sort of fucked up).  Emma taking on the Dark One's curse wouldn't necessarily turn her into what Rumple was turned into.  Rumple was very much human, not that Emma isn't, but she's way ahead of Spinster!Rumple.  

Obviously, the AU doesn't hold, and Rumpel ends up back where he started. Question is, combined with the potential removal of the Dark One's curse - which A&E have been hinting since S1 would in and of itself revert Rumpel to a very different personality -  does the memory of the AU stick, and does it act sort of like A Christmas Carol, where Ebenezer Scrooge sees the light and becomes "as good a man as the old town had ever known"?

Maybe that's the reason they put Rumple out in the LwM in the first place, to give him a taste of what it's like to live without magic, though we got to see none of that.  Rumple on the M4 heading to mid-town at 5pm.  He's clearly a resourceful person, but he still wants his magic, it is still his crutch, even in a story where he writes himself as the greatest hero ever, he still has magic.  If he loses his powers, I wonder how long he'll be able to live a life as a normal, regular Joe who has to use a cane to walk.  Whatever happens, he will be hated even more than he is now and if he has no magic, then people will not fear him.  And I think one of the things Rumple loves is how scared people are of him.  

(edited)

Well, that's unless Dark One Emma doesn't want the curse broken for whatever reason. 

Would it break the curse altogether so that there is no longer a DO, or just the curse on that person so THEY aren't the DO anymore? They could write it so that if it's broken by a TLK, the dark energy would just be released into the air again to attack people, which is what Emma is preventing. So she wouldn't want that to happen.

Us Weekly interview with Colin. Barely spoilery.

Edited by Souris

The last part of that article does make it seem like there's a bit of downtime between them returning from the EF and the dagger stuff, similar to 3B, which is good because that tends to be the only times characters have actual conversations about their lives and relationships.

So this is basically a Rumple fic that seems to be very CS driven with Emma and Regina being friends?  Am I the only one getting this since the "press" already got to see the show?  

Rumple's shipping will be out in full force if he's the one in charge of this whole thing. Cora and Zelena are probably ready to let Rumple sit with them as they read Captain Swan fanfics and discuss new ways for them to drink in other realms.

If she leaves the dagger behind & her name is one it, clearly she can be summoned. Though if the Dark One is now CLEAVED from the dagger, maybe the dagger was just a conduit and it can't control her.

I doubt any of the Dark One rules that we know of so far will hold just based off of the fact that Emma clearly didn't stab Rump to get the job. I'm guessing Rump makes another grand sacrifice and Rumbelle shares a TLK, curing him.

There was a spoiler from filming that said something like Emma says they have to do what the Apprentice said right? Which means she and everyone else knows that she has to take on the Dark Curse? So she's the only solution available or she's fated/meant to take over the Dark Curse.

I wonder if they're going to rip off Buffy again with that spoiler about how Emma's role will be revealed at the end of the first hour and it's a surprise. I think the stupid "savior" thing was created as a result of there being a Dark One and there's been a line of them to match up with the line of Dark Ones. The Sorcerer was either the very first savior or first Dark One or both. And the new 5A villain.

(edited)

I think the stupid "savior" thing was created as a result of there being a Dark One and there's been a line of them to match up with the line of Dark Ones. The Sorcerer was either the very first savior or first Dark One or both. And the new 5A villain.

Well, there does need to have been more than Emma, simply because evilified "savior" blood (why couldn't they have picked a word with fewer religious overtones?  Why?) is where they get the special ink.

Has the Sorcerer been sketchy enough that he could be the first one that went dark enough to create the Author's ink?

Edited by Mari
Has the Sorcerer been sketchy enough that he could be the first one that went dark enough to create the Author's ink?

And a hat that can separate the Dark One from his dagger?  How about the curse that Rumple stole?  You know, the one Blue called a blessing back in season 1.

The Sorcerer and blue must've been lovers or at least related.  They're both shady as fuck.

(edited)

Well, there does need to have been more than Emma, simply because evilified "savior" blood (why couldn't they have picked a word with fewer religious overtones?  Why?) is where they get the special ink.

I don't know. Have they even established how the quill and ink work when not trying to rewrite/override eveyrone's free will? I don't think that needing Dark Savior blood to force the story to give villains happy endings necessarily means Savior blood (or I guess it's really her magic?) in general is used to write the book.

I think the writers/villains "reasoning" here was that since Emma is the one who gives out happy endings now and those happy endings aren't given to villains, then if the villains turn the savior dark then the savior gives out happy endings, but now gives them to the villains instead (...because happy endings are like cake pops that can just be given away like that :-| )

Maybe it's just that Dark Savior blood is the only magic powerful enough to give villains their happy endings in the book and not that savior blood writes the book in general??? The hell if I know and I don't think the show writers know either because they are making all the "rules" up five minutes before they print the script.

I mean, really, it's all sorts of stupid, aka, TS;TW.

Edited by FabulousTater

They only needed to sully the Saviour for the ink to work in Storybrooke because reasons. In the Enchanted Forest, they didn't need Dark Saviour blood. That said, I'm sure they'll ret-con the hell out of the Dark One if they make Emma the new Dark One. I'm still not at all interested in that storyline. Combined with the rumors that Robin & Zelena (two characters I hate) will be made regulars next year and the Dearies claiming that non-Dark One Rumpel absolves him of everything he's ever done and he'll be some wonderful, fully redeemed woobie, I'm really, really down on next season. I got an e-mail this morning from work asking me to do a ridiculously tedious project and I was actually happy because I decided it would take my mind far away from thoughts about this show. 

(edited)

I don't know. Have they even established how the quill and ink work when not trying to rewrite/override eveyrone's free will? I don't think that needing dark savior blood to write villains happy endings means savior blood in general is used to write the book.

No, but Isaac had to get that first batch of reality controlling ink from somewhere.  It seemed to be part of his regular Author kit--and his comments to Rumple were less  "How are we going to change things for you." but more  "I'm going to need more ink." 

If they are paying any attention to continuity . . . . yeah, I know, TS, TW . . . but, this could be the 1 out of 129,384 times they actually are paying attention to continuity. 

So I wouldn't assume that because Dark Savior blood is needed to write villains happy endings, that light Savior blood is used for regular, history recording only ink.

Huh . . . it didn't occur to me that they were different inks.  I had actually (probably wrongly) assumed they were the same ink, but Isaac abused it.

Edited by Mari
(edited)

No, but Isaac had to get that first batch of reality controlling ink from somewhere.  It seemed to be part of his regular Author kit--and his comments to Rumple were less  "How are we going to change things for you." but more  "I'm going to need more ink." 

If they are paying any attention to continuity . . . . yeah, I know, TS, TW . . . but, this could be the 1 out of 129,384 times they actually are paying attention to continuity. 

Ya, I was just pointing out that nothing about the ink, when it was being used for it's intended purposes of just recording history, has been really established. They've only just established that to write Regina or Rumpel's fanfic -- versus simply record history as is the intended purpose of The Author, pen, and ink -- they need Dark Savior blood. So I wouldn't assume that because Dark Savior blood is needed to write villains happy endings, that light Savior blood is used for regular, history recording only ink.

...The ink can also just be really powerful magic, but in liquid form. But since Emma's magic is super-powerful then in effect, only Emma's magic and therefore her "blood", in lieu of regular magical story writing ink, can do something as powerful as write the stories. Like, her blood is an ink substitute.

TBH, we've just given this plot point more thought than it (or the show) deserves....

ETA

Huh . . . it didn't occur to me that they were different inks.  I had actually (probably wrongly) assumed they were the same ink, but Isaac abused it.

They could be the same ink, but with this show, the only thing anyone can say for sure is that you can't assume anything. Hell, even the stuff they declare is a "law of magic"/rule and actual show canon, they turnaround and break it five minutes later or disavow it entirely. So putting your trust in anything about this show, let alone making an assumption about how anything works based on established "rules", is an exercise in futility.

Edited by FabulousTater
Shanna Marie, on 08 May 2015 - 7:23 PM, said:

If Dark!Charming does kill AU Hook, and if they retain their memories, that could be highly entertaining going forward. Could David really keep throwing shade on Hook -- you know, the guy who's saved his life and jumped through multiple portals for his daughter -- after having killed him? Awkward!

"I said I was sorry!" ;-D

I've been thinking lately how much it would suck for Emma if Hook lost his memories.

I've been wondering why an Author would even be given the power to change things if the job is only to record things.

On another note, it would kind of be Robin's fault if Emma has to absorb Dark One power because Rumple's heart gives out and there's pure Dark One, or whatever it is. Robin's the idiot who thought it was necessary to take a pretty big risk to steal the potion to save Rumple from dying of the consequences of his own evil. I can kind of get not killing a helpless person in cold blood, no matter how much evil he's done, but going out of your way to save the life of someone who's suffering from his own evil seems rather stupid. If Rumple had died in the World Without Magic, wouldn't the Dark One power just be gone? It wouldn't work there. Heck, now they should just shove him over the town line. But then Robin's the sort of idiot who'd donate a lobe of his kid's liver to the still-drinking alcoholic who killed his wife while driving drunk.

(edited)

I've been thinking lately how much it would suck for Emma if Hook lost his memories.

I don't believe that would be a good storyline at all. We've seen Pirate Hook and we already know his dynamic with Emma. Yes it would be sad, but not much else. It wouldn't give us any new angles for the characters or new places to go. We've seen Emma lose so many boyfriends that tacking another one on just seems very counter-productive and repetitive. Long story short - I'm pretty sure A&E already have it cooking up. It's just the kind of annoying/boring plot that would compliment 4B.

Going back to the sneak peek, I really love Dark Snow. The expressions and tone of her voice shows a more collected, scheming villain than Regina. She's still over-the-top, but in a more Elizabeth Mitchell way. She's just so cold and callous! I love it. While she may be wearing the Evil Queen getup, it does feel like a new take on the personage. Not digging Bandit Regina, though. It's supposed to crude I know, but the costume doesn't suit her at all. Perhaps I'm just glad Lana isn't in that role. I'd picture Good Regina to be more like a noble or a good witch or something.

Has Charming's role changed all that much from his normal?

Edited by KingOfHearts
Has Charming's role changed all that much from his normal?

Well, he does whatever Snow wants to do when he's normal, and in the AU he does...whatever Snow tells him to do. Ya, aside from the guyliner, no change.

• Love 3

'Once Upon a Time': Is Rumpelstiltskin out of chances?

"Rumple's weakness is his inability to get rid of power. It's hard to do the right thing," show creator Eddie Kitsis says to Zap2it. "We like to write about that and show that it's okay. Not everyone wakes up every day and their first instinct is 'I'm going to do the right thing the perfect way.' A lot of people make mistakes. For us, it's interesting for that character."

Yeah, it's okay, just tried to kill his grandson's mother and constantly takes away his wife's agency, NBD.

• Love 7
I've been wondering why an Author would even be given the power to change things if the job is only to record things.

I think the Author is sworn to his duty much like a say a doctor who takes the Hippocratic oath.  We all know some people don't care about oaths and forsake their duty when you flash a few bills  before their eyes or for instance.  I think Isaac was just really bored with his life and with what he was writing.  Good always wins, bad always loses, Rumple was a more "complex" character which is what he basically told him.  Snow and David are very sanctimonious, so lets take them down several pegs and show them how that feels.

The ink is just ink that works with the quill.  The previous Authors were just recording the stories as they were supposed to.  And while they did have the opportunity to mess up stories and free will, they didn't.  That's the difference between them and Isaac.  I think the Apprentice told him something about forsaking his holy duties or something like that before trapping him in the book where he kept writing the story (really, show?  How lame!  Didn't even bother finding another author, let's continue with the asshat who just fucked over babies.)

• Love 2
(edited)

I don't believe that would be a good storyline at all. We've seen Pirate Hook and we already know his dynamic with Emma. Yes it would be sad, but not much else. It wouldn't give us any new angles for the characters or new places to go. We've seen Emma lose so many boyfriends that tacking another one on just seems very counter-productive and repetitive.

I doubt the writers will go there, but Hook might actually be one of the only characters left where a memory loss plot wouldn't be repetitive because he's one of the few characters who didn't have a cursed personality for 28 years and he's the only one who remembered the missing year, too. He's also a character who could have benefitted from losing his memories about his past with Liam and Milah—if he was able to forget and move on, he probably wouldn't have turned into such a villain. Holding onto painful memories is what drives his character.

Whether or not Hook forgetting about Emma after she turns dark/disappears/becomes the Dark One/whatever happens with the dagger turns into a good plot line that explores new angles of the characters is an entirely different story. It wouldn't work well if they pulled a Snow and made Hook purposely take a forgetting potion to numb the pain. That would go against everything his character stands for, and yes, that would be repetitive. But if he didn't voluntarily lose his memories, that could potentially be good drama because Hook is the one character who would die fighting for Emma and go to the ends of the world for her, so when you take away that option, the odds of bringing Emma back from whatever state she turns into during the cliffhanger becomes that much harder.

If the writers ever do go with the memory loss route for Hook, I could see them using that as a tool against Emma. For example, if the villain du jour needs to find Dark One Emma but wants to use some psychological warfare against her, they could slip Hook a forgetting potion, convince him that he's actually on a mission to destroy the Dark One, and let him loose.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 2
It's hard to do the right thing," show creator Eddie Kitsis says to Zap2it. "We like to write about that and show that it's okay. Not everyone wakes up every day and their first instinct is 'I'm going to do the right thing the perfect way.' A lot of people make mistakes.

But that only applies if you're a villain. Then your mistakes are no big deal and you get a medal when you do the right thing. If you're a hero, you don't get any credit for doing the right thing -- that's hard to do -- every single day. But woe to you if you ever screw up or make a mistake. Then you're as bad as a villain.

• Love 2
(edited)

Everyone should just confess "I'm a villain!" in Storybrooke. Then, they can be excused of everything they did in the past because they at least own up to it.

Edited by Curio
  • Love 1

At least they admitted that some villains can't be redeemed, and that it might be the case with Rumple.

Not that I think it WILL be the case with Rumple, since you know. TS, TW.

• Love 2

I wasn't suggesting the writers will/should go down the 'Hook forgets Emma' path, just saying it would be hard on her if that happened. OTOH, if she remembered him, it could be a 'Emma fights for Hook' kinda thing. Aside from some magical doings, I'm not even sure about the cause. We've already seen him get hit by a car and take a hard beating and come out of both with his memories intact. I can't imagine he'd want to forget her; it would have to result from some sort of misadventure.

Interesting, too, that even though he's "befuddled" in the AU, he's still fighting. It may be a losing battle purely in self-defense, but it's more than Rumple could manage when he thought Milah was being held against her will to service Hook's crew.

(edited)

I wasn't suggesting the writers will/should go down the 'Hook forgets Emma' path, just saying it would be hard on her if that happened. OTOH, if she remembered him, it could be a 'Emma fights for Hook' kinda thing.

I have read a couple of fan fictions with this storyline and, done right, it can be really interesting, but I don't trust A&E to do it right, so I hope they stay away from this.

A tiny script tease from tonight. Of course it's Regina. I guess she is talking to either Henry or Emma.

And Matt Mitovich has some spoilers in his twitter. I'm so going to hate the episode.

@MattMitovich will every ship on OUAT tonight be heartbroken? Does anyone come out happy?

Matt Mitovich @MattMitovich

@KateJaneway25 Who's using the word "heartbroken"? At least two 'ships get  happy endings.

I guess Outlaw Queen and Rumbelle, because of this:

@MattMitovich Will Captain Swan fans cry tonight?

Matt Mitovich@MattMitovich

@monica_tro Oh god yes.

Then we have this about Swan Queen. And it seems there is not too much Hook in the first hour but a lot in the second. One of his favourite moments from the finale include the words "I will always find you" (dagger scene with Hook and Emma?), and the other a bed.

Edited by RadioGirl27

I don't care about CS fans being heartbroken. Actually, I welcome the angst. Remember 311? We were all heartbroken, but it was good stuff. I'm at least reasonably sure we won't get "secret wife comes back from the dead" angst, so I'm all about it.

I just cracked myself up typing this, but: do you think we will get "Regina should feel bad for ruining Emma's life because her plan to take away everyone's free will with the author ended up in Emma kinda-dying" quote from A&E like we got "Emma should feel bad for ruining Regina's life because she stopped her from murdering her boyfriend's wife" interviews after the S3 finale?

(edited)

F you, Adam and F you, Matt. STOP. THE. EFFING. QUEER-BAITING.

I guess Outlaw Queen and Rumbelle, because of this

If Snowing is still counted as a ship on this show, then I'd say them over Rumbelle. Adam and Eddy's latest statement about Rumple not necessarily becoming one of the good guys indicates he and his relationship status is still left up in the air once the AU ends.

Unless Belle just suddenly loses every iota of intelligence and self-respect.

Which admittedly could happen.

Edited by Mathius
  • Love 3

I don't care about CS fans being heartbroken. Actually, I welcome the angst. Remember 311? We were all heartbroken, but it was good stuff. I'm at least reasonably sure we won't get "secret wife comes back from the dead" angst, so I'm all about it.

I just cracked myself up typing this, but: do you think we will get "Regina should feel bad for ruining Emma's life because her plan to take away everyone's free will with the author ended up in Emma kinda-dying" quote from A&E like we got "Emma should feel bad for ruining Regina's life because she stopped her from murdering her boyfriend's wife" interviews after the S3 finale?

Oh, I don't mind the angst when it's well done and makes sense (the goodbye at the end of 311 is still one of my favourite CS moments). What bothers me is that, if CS is not getting a happy ending in the finale, that means Rumbelle is, and I HATE that incredibly unhealthy and abusive relationship. It can be Snowing, but I doubt they are considered a ship anymore.

About the second question,

tumblr_meaylwX9VQ1rtealq.gif

What bothers me is that, if CS is not getting a happy ending in the finale, that means Rumbelle is, and I HATE that incredibly unhealthy and abusive relationship.

Worse still, it will be framed as "punishment" for Hook DARING to "bully" Rumple by boasting about how he'll find his happiness and Rumple will never find his. And even if it's not, that's what the pro-Rumbelle anti-CS shippers (who very commonly overlap for some reason) are going to take away from it and be cheering about all Summer long. Ugh!

• Love 1

I'm gonna definitely bet on Snowing and OQ.

As for SQ... whatever, we can't avoid it, but I can tell y'all I'm gonna be cracking myself up at all the scenes between AU! Emma and Regina that the SQ fans will swear prove they're "true love", all the while Regina got a complete personality transplant and has acquired the personality of Emma's mother. Basically all the SQ scenes in the AU will be Emma/Snow scenes, only with Snow being played by Lana Parilla. Who cares?

As a CS shipper I'm here for the angst. Like others have said as long as it's not the stupid shit they wrote for Regina and Faux Hood or have Emma or Killian treat each other the way Rumple treats his loved ones. I will laugh so hard when come next season Regina won't be worrying about her new BFF thus A&E getting bored with Regina/Emma like they do with every other relationship.

One of his favourite moments from the finale include the words "I will always find you" (dagger scene with Hook and Emma?), and the other a bed.

He also said those two moments are for two different couples. I wanted them both to be CS! He also said OQ are super adorable in the AU. I wonder if it'll make me like that pairing?