Type keyword(s) to search

Spoilers and Spoiler Discussion

Lisin
  • Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Trini said:

Joey King, best known for her roles in Fargo and Independence Day: Resurgence, will guest star on The Flash in October as Magenta.

A teen with a troubled past, Frances "Frankie” Kane is a meta-human with the ability to control metal... but her powers come with a dangerous side-effect, causing her villainous alter ego known as Magenta to emerge.

King, who also appeared in Wish I Was Here, will appear on the season's third episode.

I wish we could get more info on the regulars. So far the only solid news about storylines post-flashpoint is Caitlin's mother.

• Love 1

From EW's Spoiler Room:

Are we going to see Black Flash on The Flash in season 3? — Peter

Potentially. “Obviously we did that on purpose,” EP Andrew Kreisberg says. “We love working with Teddy [Sears]. He’s such an amazing actor and amazing person, and was so much a part of the success of this show last season. There aren’t any immediate plans for that, but you can’t keep a good Black Flash down, so I’m sure we’ll be seeing him in the future.”

The plot thickens: http://comicbook.com/dc/2016/08/23/the-flash-showrunner-refutes-savitar-casting-reports/

Despite numerous reports that The Vampire Diaries veteran Todd Lasance would play the super-speedster Savitar on the upcoming third season of The CW's The Flash, executive producer Greg Berlanti has officially put the kibosh on that rumor via Twitter.

Savitar is not only not Lasance but, according to Berlanti, hasn't yet been cast.

Sooo... who IS that speedster villain in the teaser?? I know they want to keep things a surprise, but we've already seen him, I don't know why they haven't named him yet.

On 8/23/2016 at 5:17 AM, FurryFury said:

I don't know anything about physics and biology, but this sounds... Really weird.

It was the Sixties.  Lots of weird stuff happened in the Sixties.  :)

• Love 3

I hope one of the changes that stick around from Flashpoint is Cisco being rich -- or at least him selling some inventions; because the show still hasn't answered the question of who is paying to keep STAR Labs running.

• Love 4

Doesn't really answer the question asked, or spoil anything but...

Question: Is it possible that Vanessa A. Williams (aka Francine West) will return in to The Flash Season 3 via Flashpoint, with a different backstory? —Jen
Ausiello: “There are different characters that you will see, some [that have] passed,” co-showrunner Todd Helbing teases, adding that there is “a lot of Easter egg stuff that’s a lot of fun” in the Flashpoint arc.

http://tvline.com/2016/08/31/nashville-connie-britton-season-5-rayna-dies-spoilers/

• Love 2

EW Spoiler room:

If Wally is now Kid Flash, does Barry still have his powers in this new timeline on The Flash? — Cami

“He does,” EP Andrew Kreisberg assures me, teasing that power will be very prevalent in season 3. “One of the themes is what does it mean to have power, what you do with that power, and is power ultimately corrupting?”

• Love 1

“He does,” EP Andrew Kreisberg assures me, teasing that power will be very prevalent in season 3. “One of the themes is what does it mean to have power, what you do with that power, and is power ultimately corrupting?”

Didnt answer about Barry's powers

From the Carlos V. interview with Collider:

He’s a billionaire! He’s created all these things and these apps at Ramon Industries — which looks a lot like S.T.A.R. Labs — and he’s ostentatious, not afraid to flaunt his wealth which makes for interesting colors and relationship dynamics. Barry has to struggle with the fact that this is not the Cisco he knows and there’s a bit of an antagonistic energy to this Cisco. It’s what makes the beginning of Season 3 so interesting.

“I think it’s important to stress that the altered timeline of Flashpoint will not overtake the season. I think this season is more focused on the repercussions of the creation of that timeline and it being opened. I think a lot of fans are expressing concern at their favorite characters and relationships being gone, but without giving too much away, I can assure fans that is NOT the case. With that said, we get back to exploring Cisco and his powers.” Valdes then interestingly stressed, “Powers grow. That’s what they do.”

This of course led to a question regarding whether Cisco would be getting his own costume as the superhero, Vibe. Carlos took a second to contemplate then responded soundly with, “No comment.”

“Tom [Felton] is the best. We’ve hung out a few times and he’s so interesting, I’m learning a lot from him. The work that he brings on set is inspiring, and Grant (Gustin) feels the same way. They’ve been working a lot together recently in fact, there’s so much love there. I’m excited to see how fans react to his work.”

• Love 1

I think they are going with Flashpoint and then a "new 52" style storyline, where the universes merge... so we get some changes once Barry goes back to his timeline by stopping himself from saving Nora.  So - Supergirl might be in-universe soon - or maybe they won't do that and they're keeping her on E3 and using the musical as a creative way to do a crossover with them.

All I know is that if they leave Iris out of yet another crossover, I will burn some mf-er to the ground.

• Love 3
On 8/18/2016 at 8:37 PM, MarkHB said:

Very interesting twist on The Top... In the comics, he and Lisa Snart were very much a couple.  Plus, he would actually spin like a top, and the centrifugal force pushed his brain cells to the outside, making him super- intelligent. The Top and Mirror Master were really the last two major Rogues I was looking for.

Ah, but who knows. Top and Lisa might still be very much a couple in this current Flash iteration...maybe Lisa (insofar as she is considered a significant character) is the character that will be "exploring their sexuality" per Berlanti in the TCA spoilers @Trini posted. I can see it now...instead of Bonnie and Clyde they'll be Thelma and Louise-ing their way across the Flashverse. Just a thought, but I love it. 

Nope, it's Alex from Supergirl (there's a chance it's Winn, but I'm personally sure it's Alex). And the character in question is supposed to be a regular anyway, plus with Peyton List being a lead on another show it's unlikely we'll get Lisa this year (a damn shame, because I really want to get her on LoT with Mick and her brother).

• Love 1

Some stuff already reported but a couple new nuggets:

In the idyllic Flashpoint existence he unwittingly created, Barry finally has what he’s always wanted – both of his parents – but he no longer has a relationship with Iris. “Now he has to approach her as a girl he had a schoolboy crush on for 14 years,” executive producer Aaron Helbing previews. Things are pretty different for the rest of Team Flash, too: Cisco is an ostentatious billionaire, Joe is depressed and Caitlin is…well, that remains something of a mystery, but she is still a doctor. And even if the action eventually reverts to the original timeline, “The whole season is affected because of [Flashpoint],” the EP affirms. At the CCPD, new series regular Tom Felton will make Barry’s life more challenging as his CSI boss (“He isn’t buying what Barry’s selling,” says EP Todd Helbing), and the troubles don’t end there for the speedster: Big Bads Savitar and Dr. Alchemy will wage “psychological warfare,” while Captain Cold returns in Episode 4.

BONUS SPOILER!: The show’s take on Mirror Master (Star-Crossed‘s Grey Damon) “doesn’t use the [mirror] gun,” Todd Helbing reveals. “He’s a true meta, but he’s not necessarily warping into other dimensions.”

From Kevin Smith's Twitter:

ETA:

If you adjust the contrast, etc., in photo editing software, you can see that the title of the episode is "Killer Frost". Are they really going to give Caitlin powers and/or turn her a villain this early?? Or is this just a tease? Maybe this is why there hasn't been much news about Caitlin so far?

Edited by Trini

We don't really have any info, but I suspect that the incident that causes her to get powers happens in that episode, and it will be a continuing storyline throughout the season -- but no Killer Frost, yet.

But I wonder why TPTB decided to do that (if that is what they are doing) now? I figured that Caitlin would always be non-powered, and we'd only see KF in alternate universes/timelines; and if they did give her powers, it'd be in the latter seasons of the show. It might be good arc to see her develop powers, the only problem is we've seen Killer Frost already.

Also, I hope this isn't related to the Flashpoint repercussions; as in, instead of Cisco being affected by the particle accelerator explosion, it's Caitlin. Because I'd hate to lose Vibe. Cisco had his best season last year.

Also, I hope this isn't related to the Flashpoint repercussions; as in, instead of Cisco being affected by the particle accelerator explosion, it's Caitlin. Because I'd hate to lose Vibe. Cisco had his best season last year.

Dont worry, I dont think thats going to happen, I read somewhere that DC specifically asked the show to inc;lude Vibe/Cisco Ramon. Sounds like raise they intend to raise the profile of this superhero, so he should be safe for a while from any tempering or death.

Season Premiere episode description released:

"Flashpoint" -

WHAT WOULD YOU SACRIFICE TO HAVE EVERYTHING YOU'VE EVER WANTED? -

Barry (Grant Gustin) is living his dream life - his parents are alive, he's asked Iris West (Candice Patton) on a date and he can finally be a normal guy as Central City has another speedster, Kid Flash (Keiynan Lonsdale), running around saving the city. When Barry starts forgetting parts of his old life, the Reverse Flash (guest star Matt Letscher) taunts his nemesis and tells him that there will be serious repercussions for Barry and the ones he loves if he continues to live in this alternate universe. In addition to losing his memories, his powers will also start to fade. When disaster strikes, Barry must decide if he wants to continue to live in this world as Barry Allen or return to his universe as The Flash.

Jesse Warn directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti & Andrew Kreisberg and teleplay by Brooke Roberts

• Love 1

From the Flash TV News interview with the Helbings; a bit more info on Dr. Alchemy and 'Julian Dorn':

What’s your take on Dr. Alchemy?

TH: Much like in the comics where he has the Philosopher’s Stone and he’s able to transmute things, he uses that on our show to do his own version of transmutation, which is pretty cool.

Speaking of someone who has once been associated with a Philosopher’s Stone, what can you tell me about Tom Felton’s character and what he brings to the table?

TH: Nice transition!

AH: He is amazing. I mean honestly, for two seasons we’ve had Barry in the CSI with free reign, and nobody to check on him. We realized we have a huge opportunity to get conflict in the workplace, and so Tom is going to provide that conflict for Barry.

TH: Tom[‘s character] is his superior, so now Barry can’t just like “oh, I’m going to take these clues to STAR Labs,” he has to figure an elegant way to steal these clues and bring that information back to STAR Labs, so there’s a big road block in front of him as well.

How does his character get along with Joe?

AH: It’s a fine, professional relationship.

TH: He’s not the warmest dude on the planet. I don’t think he and Joe are going out for cocktails. But his biggest irritation, I would say, is Barry Allen.

I think it will be interesting for Barry to have a work nemesis; but probably also means less Capt. Singh. (Yes, I know the actor got hired to another show.)

And about Harrison Wells / 'Harry':

Because I’m assuming that Eobard was never able to kill Harrison Wells here, does that mean that Jessie exists in the Flashpoint world?

TH: She exists on Earth-2, but “Harry”‘s wife is different than Harrison’s.

What can you say about the Harrison Wells that we’ll be seeing in Season 3?

TH: We won’t go into depth, but all we’ll say is to give Tom Cavanagh another opportunity to reinvent this character is such an amazing, fun experience.

Ehh -- I don't know why they are eing so coy; it's the third season, just say who he's playing.

29 minutes ago, quarks said:

So, basically, we can look forward to a new version of Harrison Wells every season?

If they keep opening up new universes/timelines each season... probably, yes. I actually do want to see more of the H. Wells that was killed by Eobard, BUT I think a fifth version in season 4 would be stretching it too far.

• Love 1

One of the producers/writers tweeted before that Jesse's full name as Jesse Chambers Wells. I wonder if in one of the universes, Harrison Wells was named John Chambers. That would open it up for him to become Johnny Quick. Although, hopefully, he would survive unlike the one in the comic books.

Episode 2 description:

"Paradox"

THE AFTERMATH -

Barry (Grant Gustin) realizes the effects from Flashpoint are much greater than he thought. Meanwhile, Barry meets new co-worker Julian Albert (Tom Felton) and is surprised by Julian's immediate disdain for Barry.

Ralph Hemecker directed the episode written by Aaron Helbing & Todd Helbing

So now it's 'Julian Albert' instead of 'Julian Dorn'. Hmmm... 'Albert Desmond' was one name of Dr. Alchemy in the comics.

EW Spoiler Room:

All I can tell you is that there’s quite a big reveal when it comes to Iris in the premiere — though that doesn’t mean she’s wildly different in the Flashpoint timeline. “She’s a fixed point for Barry Allen, so no matter where we see her, no matter where we find her, she’s still very similar to the Iris that we’ve always known and loved, which is why Barry sees her as the shining star in the sky,” Candice Patton tells me. “He can always find her somewhat the same.” Patton also teases she’s “read some stuff where we’re moving in that direction” of seeing more of Iris’ reporting side this season.

Disappointed that it seems Flashpoint is only the premiere. You'd think they'd at least want to milk that for a few episodes.... But I'm glad that there'll be more Reporter Iris.

• Love 2
On 9/21/2016 at 9:10 PM, Trini said:

Speaking of Wells/Cavanugh, from Kevin Smith's instagram:

Doesn't seem like an outfit any version of Wells would wear, but there it is.

Only if he is H.G. Wells

• Love 4
7 hours ago, Kromm said:

Only if he is H.G. Wells

Given that Earth 2 has a somewhat retro look to the cars and outfits, I could see that being a sort of semi-formal or not quite casual outfit for Harry on Earth-2. The only time we really saw him was in either CEO mode or when he was dressed down on Earth 1. He might have been trying to fit in more or he might not have packed all of his clothes.

Then again, it could have something to do with the mirror master-- depending on what his powers are. The fact that his stunt double is there and in identical clothes indicates that there will be some action scenes. I know Tom Cavanagh says he likes to do his own stunts, so if his stunt double is doing something, it means it must be something really tricky.

If you ever look at the cover for the book on Dr. Wells, it had a G somewhere on the cover to make it look sort of like H.G. Wells.

Question: I’d love any scoops on Tom Cavanagh’s character(s?) or Danielle Panabaker’s Caitlin Snow on The Flash. Is Tom even going to be in the Season 3 premiere? —Rym

Ausiello: There is no sign of nor reference to any Cavanagh characters in the Oct. 4 opener. Meanwhile, having seen the premiere, we can confirm that the scant teases thus far about Flashpoint’s version of Caitlin have been very carefully worded. And it is awesome.

Ask Ausiello @ TV Line

They've said she's a doctor, but maybe she didn't go into bio-chem like pre-Flashpoint Caitlin?

• Love 1

An early review, and a teaser article about the premiere:

Flash TV News:

In addition to being a good episode of a superhero drama series, “Flashpoint” also has a lot of heart that is also present in every episode of the show. A lot of that is due to Mr. Grant Gustin himself, who plays Barry with a vulnerability and heart that really does make him perfect for this take on the role. I will warn, though: This episode made me, a man in his thirties, teary-eyed, as The Flash sometimes does, so prepare the tissues.

THE FLASH Season 3 Premiere Teasers

• Love 1

First promo photos with Tom Felton and a few more tidbits:

“Tom Felton is portraying a character on our show — he’s not portraying Tom Felton,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg tells EW. “Cisco will continue to make pop culture references. We’re, generally speaking, not afraid to have a little bit of a meta-moment.”

In fact, Felton hopes his character is the first to make a Potter joke in season 3. “I’m so excited for the references,” Felton says. “I don’t doubt the talent and creativity of the writers. I’ve got a feeling they’ll come up with some real good ones. I hadn’t thought about me saying it — I assumed it would come at me from Cisco — but maybe I should give it to Cisco. Maybe he should misquote something and I could correct him.”

Though Felton doesn’t appear in the premiere episode, executive producer Todd Helbing teases that he’ll act as a rival, of sorts, for Barry (Grant Gustin) this season. “He’s a direct result of Flashpoint,” Helbing says. “Barry’s had that lab to himself, but now he’s got to share it with this guy, who doesn’t really like him and is kind of prickly.”

fla302a_0015b.jpg

fla302b_0155b.jpg

• Love 1

A large police department with TWO forensics guys?  That's the kind of craziness that can only happen in a show with superheroes.

Jokes aside, it seems like they've fixed their mistakes from season 2 and are reducing the grimness.  Even though Barry (like Peter Parker) has had some truly tragic stuff happen to him any show about him should remain mostly lighthearted and optimistic.

• Love 3

3.03 description:

"Magenta"

EARTH-2 WELLS AND JESSE RETURN TO CENTRAL CITY -

Barry (Grant Gustin) and Team Flash are thrilled to reunite with Earth-2 Wells (Tom Cavanagh) and Jesse (guest star Violett Beane). Wells confides to Barry and Caitlin (Danielle Panabaker) that Jesse has all the powers of a speedster and has been saving people on his Earth. He is concerned about her safety and wants them to talk her out of using her powers. Meanwhile, Magenta, (guest star Joey King) a new meta who can control metal, terrorizes the city.

Armen V. Kevorkian directed the episode written by Judalina Neira & David Kob (#303). Original airdate 10/18/2016.

• Love 1

From EW, more about Tom C's role this season:

Anything about Tom Cavanagh on The Flash this season? — Pang

Considering Barry changed the timeline, you would think that Tom Cavanagh might be playing the original Harrison Wells, who maybe in this timeline was not killed by Reverse-Flash. But it appears that’s not the case. “I played the original Wells on the beach with Tess,” Tom Cavanagh tells me. “This guy won’t be that guy. If the show has strengths, I would argue that we’re not repeating ourselves generally, and specifically I’m trying not to repeat myself.”

That's disappointing. I'd rather see that version of Wells, than the show having to find excuses about why Earth-2 Wells keeps crossing universes.

• Love 1

TV Guide's Mega Buzz:

Barry Allen (Grant Gustin) has gone back in time to reunite with his parents this season on The Flash, but as everyone knows, time travel has consequences, which Barry is going to learn the hard way in the Season 3 premiere.

Barry's time-meddling will cause a massive schism in one of the show's central relationships, and the Flash's super-speed might not be enough to fix it. Here's hoping he enjoyed his brief time with his folks, because it may have permanently ruined the lives of two of the people closest to him.

AAaack! I don't need bad news this close to the premiere!

• Love 1