Type keyword(s) to search

Lisa Rinna: These are the Lips of her Life

• Start Topic

I'm actually stuck on the fact that David Schwimmer is playing Robert Kardashian. I'm not saying it's the worst casting decision in the world by I did a total head tilt when I read it just now. 

and that makes David S married to Lisa R. Double head tilt.

I'm actually stuck on the fact that David Schwimmer is playing Robert Kardashian. I'm not saying it's the worst casting decision in the world by I did a total head tilt when I read it just now. 

and that makes David S married to Lisa R. Double head tilt.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm up walking the floors with a bad, bad back, so I might as well add my 2 cents here.  I liked LisaR in the very beginning, but it didn't last long.  I don't like her mouth, and she's cut from the same cloth as Brandi.  I'm not talking about how her mouth looks.  I'm talking about what comes out of it -- and what comes off her keyboard when she writes things.  I think she's another one who craves attention, loves being outrageous, and doesn't hesitate to tell the world to go to Hell.  If she and Brandi lived together, they'd kill each other.  I wonder whether Brandi would rent her a room.  The sooner Bravo issues her walking papers, the happier I'll be.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 3

I just read Selma Blair will be playing Kris Jenner, guess Rinna didn't make the cut.

I am glad to hear that.  I am kind of interested in watching this and Rinna would have put a damper on it, for me.   Her lips are her calling card, for lack of a better phrase and I am being kind.  I cannot see her playing the role of someone who we know.  Kris Jenner is a beautiful woman and the work she has had done is excellent.  I don't watch the Ks but I bet many who don't are well aware of Kris.  

Kris Jenner is a beautiful woman and the work she has had done is excellent.

Given the memes I've seen of Kris Jenner's Met Ball appearance this year, I don't think the bad plastic surgery is LisaR's alone. 

That being said, she had less, and less horrendous work done at the time of the trial, so going with Selma is a better move. 

• Love 1

I don't watch the K's but I'm aware of Kris and what a beast (hehe) she is supposed to be. However she was a beautiful woman. Looking back at those old pics of Kris and Bruce, I can see that Selma would be a better fit.

I don't dislike Rinna but she would be bit cartoonish.

(edited)

There are others, but this was the picture I saw shared most about her from the Met Ball. Not disagreeing she used to be very pretty before plastic surgery, but was so Lisa Rinna.

showbiz-kris-jenner-met-gala-2.jpg

Omg! What is going on? Why is her skin doing that to her face?

I actually still see some pretty in Rinna. Yes, over the top, but I still think she's pretty. I can't say the same for Brandi, she really did a number on her face. I never thought old pic's of Brandi show a stunner imo, she was ok and probably would still look fresh faced if not for what ever she doing. Now, I see the ugly coming out from the inside.

Eta:KJ has a very Duran Duran look going on, odd, considering it's 2015 (Kanye shrug).

Edited by imjagain
  • Love 1
I actually still see some pretty in Rinna. Yes, over the top, but I still think she's pretty.

I  do too, but it is over-the-top, and I don't think she needed to go down that route. But then I feel that way about most of the plastic surgery I see.

I haven't watched this show before this season, and wouldn't have started if not for seeing some funny stuff about the Amster-slap (the .gif of Kyle leaving was so funny), and that I have some fondness for LisaR and EileenD from my soap watching youth. But I'm always struck with how similar the women all end up looking, due to their plastic surgery. For most of them, it's all lesser versions of that cat woman, at least to me. And yes, I think Brandi's recent fillers and work is waaaay worse than anything LisaR has done. LisaR at least still looks human, and can smile. 

• Love 3

I  do too, but it is over-the-top, and I don't think she needed to go down that route. But then I feel that way about most of the plastic surgery I see.

I haven't watched this show before this season, and wouldn't have started if not for seeing some funny stuff about the Amster-slap (the .gif of Kyle leaving was so funny), and that I have some fondness for LisaR and EileenD from my soap watching youth. But I'm always struck with how similar the women all end up looking, due to their plastic surgery. For most of them, it's all lesser versions of that cat woman, at least to me. And yes, I think Brandi's recent fillers and work is waaaay worse than anything LisaR has done. LisaR at least still looks human, and can smile. 

I agree with you about LisaR. She not only still looks human, she actually looks pretty and photographs well. More importantly, you can still see her current face/features in her older photos. I think that even though she has done some experimentation when it comes to her lips, she was very good about not overdoing it on her face as a whole, and that is the difference. LisaR will probably not go anywhere near catwoman territory until she is well into her 70's because she knows how important it is that she is recognizable. So, she will keep the same hairstyle and the lips - because those are the things people recognize about her. But, as for the rest, if she has had more done, it isn't noticeable to me because she still looks like her. 

• Love 2

Lisa has had those lips for a very long time, right? I never watched her on soaps but I saw her on Melrose Place(I didn't watch regularly, not like the first few years of MP) and her lips were pretty plumped then.

Lisa has had those lips for a very long time, right? I never watched her on soaps but I saw her on Melrose Place(I didn't watch regularly, not like the first few years of MP) and her lips were pretty plumped then.

Yes she has. They are her trademark at this point. At one point in time, when she and Harry had their own reality show, she had the implants removed, and it left some very strange scarring. So, I can't remember if she simply started going the injection route or had more implants added, but those lips are definitely her thing.

• Love 1

Yes she has. They are her trademark at this point. At one point in time, when she and Harry had their own reality show, she had the implants removed, and it left some very strange scarring. So, I can't remember if she simply started going the injection route or had more implants added, but those lips are definitely her thing.

She never had an implant.  Her lips are filled.  The reduction process was filmed and I watched.  Next I knew she was back to "normal."  LOL.    I did not hear about scaring but that makes sense as to why she filled them up again.  Taylor has an implant and those cannot be removed because the scar tissue encapsulates the implant  and it becomes a permanent fixture, so to speak.  

From bravotv.com

Clearly the Watch What Happens Live host has had a change of heart, now saying Bethenny was “born to be a Housewife.” But she’s not the only one he’s been wrong about. “I’ve been wrong a thousand times,” he adds.

Case in point? He also didn’t think Lisa Rinna would be a good addition to the Beverly Hills crew, and even passed over her during the first season!

“You know Lisa Rinna was on the first casting tape for Beverly Hills,” he reveals. "In the first season of Beverly Hills, I thought 'I don't see it. It's weird. It's not what this show is,'" he recalls. "But then last year I wanted her on."

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/andy-cohen-didnt-want-bethenny-frankel-on-rhony

• Love 1
(edited)

There are others, but this was the picture I saw shared most about her from the Met Ball. Not disagreeing she used to be very pretty before plastic surgery, but was so Lisa Rinna.

showbiz-kris-jenner-met-gala-2.jpg

Hee! She looks like the witch from The Emperor's New Groove.

VW_Yzma_by_DarkAngelX.jpg

Edited by Rahul
  • Love 3

Lisa Rinna is not what I would call pretty.  She does have her own distinctive look that definitely makes her stand apart from other actresses.  From pictures I have seen of her before she had her lips filled, she not only looks prettier but less weird around the mouth.  Since her lip enlargement, she has used tons more eye makeup than she ever did before -- the old Hollywood trick of emphasizing one feature to draw people's eyes off of another feature.  Now, if you notice, she usually wears very pale lipstick or only gloss while darkening the entire area around her eyes.  But I think this endeavor backfires on Lisa because she now reminds me of Barbra Streisand a long time ago when she painted on all that eye crud to make herself have that Egyptian look.  I would be very happy if Lisa would consult a new makeup artist to create a different, more natural look for her.

As Lisa looks now, I can't envision Lisa playing Kris.  She's too obviously Lisa.  A less well-known face would be better, I think.  JMO.  :) 

• Love 1

I've just signed up to Previously TV after reading through all the TRHoBH threads over the past few days - honestly, you guys are all so entertaining - it's made for great reading!!!  I'm kicking myself that I didn't find this site earlier.

I've just finished watching a marathon of last season of TRHoBH and am just shaking my head at Lisa Rinna.  I used to really like her (well, what I knew of her) before she came on this show, but the 'real her' is just so unlikable.  She is absolutely mad!  What she texted to Kim was just so, so strange ... and good on Kim for retaining her texts and reading them out!  Lisa is just such a know-it-all, and an aggressive one at that.  Even the way she talks to her daughters - I got a bit of an 'off' feeling about her when she mocked them about something in the kitchen and said the fancy private school she was paying for was worth it - is strange.  It's almost as if she feels she has to remind them that she's Queen Bee all the time.

I recall a friend of a friend telling me about visiting the store she used to have ('Belle Gray' - I think it was in Sherman Oaks?) - and how Lisa was there, being incredibly rude and bossy to the staff and throwing tantrums.  Apparently the store had framed photos of her everywhere (!).  When Lisa wasn't in the store, the staff used to stand around complaining about what a B-word she was.  Upon hearing all that I just shrugged and thought 'meh', but now I can see there was probably merit in all of that!

I don't think Lisa brings anything to the show at all ... I'm sure I read somewhere that she's been wanting in on it for quite some time but Andy resisted ... and the season before last several outlets were reporting that it was a sure thing that she'd come on (heck, she probably planted those stories) ... yet didn't ... I wonder what the story was there.

I just feel like she's a washed up actress who brings nothing to the table.  And her house isn't even anything to get excited about ... it looks dusty and old.

I wish they'd bring Heather Locklear on as a replacement ... she'd be way more fun and has a gorgeous home, plus an interesting daughter and ex-husband.  I would suggest Denise Richards, who also has a nice home, but that's for sale, she's a friend of Rinna, and she was boring on her own show.

Edited by Twinkle7
  • Love 3

I can remember a time when I thought Kris Jenner was "cute' -- not pretty or beautiful, but cute, with a big smile.  I've seen pictures of her without makeup, taken in very recent years, and I also saw the Met Gala picture, and her face seems to be a mess from what looks like plastic surgery gone wrong.  There are great ridges and great hollows.  I've never seen the Kardashian show, so I don't know whether the lighting covers these areas or not, but without the right lighting, her face is a problem for her, I imagine.  I'm glad to know that Lisa R. won't be playing Kris.

David Schwimmer is an actor whom I admire a lot because he adapts himself to any number of roles very, very well.  I think he may surprise some people with his portrayal of R.K.  I hope so.  I also hope the film captures Kris as the b**** she supposedly is now, but maybe she wasn't so bad back in the days when the film takes place.  She had affairs then, so she wasn't perfect, or so I have read.

Edited by Lura
  • Love 1

Especially when going to a party in Beverly Hills which is 65% Jewish. They can't be that stupid, can they? I think it's an attention grab. New season of RHOBH coming right up. The glow of What Did Harry Do? wore off. Time for Harry to do something else.

• Love 7

Whoa. I couldn't tell who they were either. Definitely not tasteful and probably meant to cause a stir. (Sid killed Nancy) The only thing missing is the mother. Oh! And it's not the '70s or '80s anymore. Smdh

• Love 6

I'm not Jewish, but that was, IMHO, a stupid and insensitive move on the part of Lisa and Harry.  Good grief!  Of all the people in the world that they could have chosen, and of all the shirts he could have worn....  But, you know what?  I keep comparing Lisa's publicity stunts to Brandi's, and guess what?  The tabs and papers are running pictures of the two of them all over the place. They got what they wanted.  Then, Lisa dashes out with an apology, of course.  More attention.  How dumb do they take us for? 

• Love 7

Yep. I don't like the shirt but it is true to Sid. I just don't get why. I have one kid pushing 30, another just this side of 20, and a teen. I'm pretty sure none of them know who Sid and Nancy are, much less their story.

This just reeks of a grab for attention.

• Love 6

I know a lot of people don't like Lisa Rinna, but I still get a kick out of her. I love that she calls her husband Harry Hamlin, for some reason. I think it has to do with the way she is when she talks about him or to him. It's obvious that she considers herself to be a very lucky woman to have him for a husband, and that is a lot more real to me than Yolanda's "My Love/My King" nonsense. When Lisa calls him by his full name it is almost like she is reminding herself that she managed to marry THE Harry Hamlin and she still can't believe it. It's like that story she told about how she thanked Nicolette Sheridan for cheating on him because she was able meet and fall in love with him as a result. I totally believe she did that. 

• Love 9

To the Lisa lovers on this thread, I want you to know that I'm still trying to like her.  I really do try!  So far, though, I'm failing.

On this week's episode, Lisa again laughed too hard, and when she'd run out of laughter, she tried to extend it by covering her face or bending forward and holding her stomach as if she were still laughing.  This is one more example to me of her poor acting skills.  Everything with Lisa seems acted or over-acted.

I could do without her constant "Shut up!", her laughter over her father in the hospital (which extended to her daughter's crack about his penis), her language and her phoniness.  Will the real Lisa please stand up?  I think she's trying to be a teeny-bopper like her daughters, and there are times when I think she shares too much with them in maybe an effort to be more "accepted" by them.  If Lisa were a part of my real life, I would be super cautious about what I told her.  So far, I still don't trust her.

• Love 6

She must have embarrassed her daughter when talking about her crush on the boy in the picture (don't remember his name).  Her comments were designed to highlight herself.  Look at me, I am so witty and a cool mom.  I know about this.  My mother did that stuff all the time.  .  

• Love 5

Lisa comes off as a young teen emotionally, very awkward and silly, laughing or swearing or shooting a bird or over-reacting ("Shut up, we're really going to Ohio?!!"). She has said that her birth family did not deal with emotions, so maybe it's not surprising that she is sort of stuck in those teen years.

• Love 5

I know a lot of people don't like Lisa Rinna, but I still get a kick out of her. I love that she calls her husband Harry Hamlin, for some reason. I think it has to do with the way she is when she talks about him or to him. It's obvious that she considers herself to be a very lucky woman to have him for a husband, and that is a lot more real to me than Yolanda's "My Love/My King" nonsense. When Lisa calls him by his full name it is almost like she is reminding herself that she managed to marry THE Harry Hamlin and she still can't believe it. It's like that story she told about how she thanked Nicolette Sheridan for cheating on him because she was able meet and fall in love with him as a result. I totally believe she did that.

But does he call her Lisa Rinna in that same starry-eyed way? Obviously Harry Hamlin doesn't feel he has to install a "shiny butthole" on his face in order to be noticed - I hope Lisa R. values herself for more than her sexy looks.
  • Love 2

Don't know exactly where to post this but hope people will see it here. Is Lisa R looking odd to any of you? To me, it looks as if she has had some real face work done and it looks very pulled and tight, as if she has had way too much done. She just looks very off to me. And can she eat something please? She's way too thin. I didn't like or dislike her prior but I have to say she is getting on my nerves in her scenes this season. And we're only 2 shows in! GAH!

I don't hate LIsa but she does seem to try too hard at times.  Ok.  I do highly dislike her attitude about being there for her parents and basically giving that responsibility to her step sister.  Shame on you Lisa. 

From the first two episodes, she is on a mission to change the public's view about her daughters.  In her latest blog, she writes about the one daughter having a fundraiser.  And then we have the package about the older daughter working in a deli.  I gave the girls some leeway because they are young and it was the first season.  It's not going to be an easy task.

• Love 1

I like her too, for the most part.

She makes me laugh. I also like that she made her daughter get a job to help pay for a car.

I cracked up when Lisa was talking about it and said something like "you have every bag and everything you want but you didn't pay for it, how would that feel", then she laughs and admitted that it probably felt great.

I was totally paraphrasing what she said but I got the gist of it.

What I don't like about her is her saying she doesn't have time to visit or even call her parents. She is like my brothers, they left all of the care involved with my parents all on my hands. All they ever did was give me empty promises that they'll help out with them and help me pay for their care, or hell, just fucking visit them once in a while. They never did, but after my parents died, my brothers were first in line with their hands open for whatever they could get. They got what they deserved, nothing.

This was after a lifetime if me being shoved aside in favor of my perfect brothers.

I'm a little bitter about that so taht may be coloring how I feel about Lisa. How can you not have time to even call your elderly parents? I hope she's at the very least helping out financially.

• Love 6

I like her too, for the most part.

She makes me laugh. I also like that she made her daughter get a job to help pay for a car.

I cracked up when Lisa was talking about it and said something like "you have every bag and everything you want but you didn't pay for it, how would that feel", then she laughs and admitted that it probably felt great.

I was totally paraphrasing what she said but I got the gist of it.

What I don't like about her is her saying she doesn't have time to visit or even call her parents. She is like my brothers, they left all of the care involved with my parents all on my hands. All they ever did was give me empty promises that they'll help out with them and help me pay for their care, or hell, just fucking visit them once in a while. They never did, but after my parents died, my brothers were first in line with their hands open for whatever they could get. They got what they deserved, nothing.

This was after a lifetime if me being shoved aside in favor of my perfect brothers.

I'm a little bitter about that so taht may be coloring how I feel about Lisa. How can you not have time to even call your elderly parents? I hope she's at the very least helping out financially.

Well at least she can help with adult incontinent care samples.
  • Love 2

Lisa Rinna is seriously a trip, I just watched the exclusive clip for next weeks episode that Bravo posted and I can't believe that Lisa Rinna Thinks Yolanda has Munchausen Syndrome. Does anyone else think that the ladies are being a little overdramtic?

Lisar bends the way of tptb and social media. Next week she'll be praising Yo for going to the best ever holistic detox practitioner to be drenched in guano dung.
  • Love 1

Lisa Rinna is seriously a trip, I just watched the exclusive clip for next weeks episode that Bravo posted and I can't believe that Lisa Rinna Thinks Yolanda has Munchausen Syndrome. Does anyone else think that the ladies are being a little overdramtic? 

Did Taylor mention M Syndrome this episode at LisaVs party because she was throwing out a lot of questions/comments about Yolanda. Also, I wonder what made LisaR bring this up to Kyle/LisaV because we don't hear how the subject of Yolanda/illness comes up in the clip at all. I will wait to see the entire thing/conversation before I blame LisaR for broaching this subject. Those pesky editing monkeys could be playing with us to make sure we tune in next week! LOL

• Love 1

Okay Lisar,  I don't like you much at all.  That could change if you pursue the factitious disorder route concerning Yolanda.  I think this diagnosis fits. You go for that girl and I will become your biggest fan!!!  

Edited by wings707
  • Love 1