Small Talk: The Quiver

Lisin
  • Start Topic

• Replies 14.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, FurryFury said:

Meanwhile they've disqualified like half of my country's national team for Olympics. Not that I care, really. I don't watch sports. But still, kinda strange - no idea if it's politics or something else as well.

It's because of rampant doping.  But don't worry, Russia's getting the better deal out of everything, they don't have to send that many people to these games.

More new time travel shows (the trailer for NBC's Timeless was posted previously in this thread) - the following two shows look like cancellation fodder...

Time After Time - Official Trailer - ABC Television Network

Making History | Official Trailer | Fox Broadcasting

Edited by tv echo

I'm looking fwd to each for different reasons. I think Adam Pallys could be successful if it taps into the right audience. I think it's going to be part of Fox sunday so thaat should help it  I just think having fun with history can be fun. And adam pally has just the right bro humor to sell that show.

I just like the cast of timeless, but it is a harder premise to sell. ImEspecially in this saturated time travel season. These are only 2 of many. I'm watching the show for the cast only.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I just have to squee a little bit. My baseball team, the Colorado Rockies are 3.5 games back of the WC. OMG OMG .  I'm trying to not get too excited but OH MY GODS. The starting pitching is kind of good. They didn't trade my favorite player Carlos Gonzalez and we have Nolan Arenado the best 3b in the game. Sadly our SS, Trevor Story who was making a great case for Rookie of the Year, torn his thumb ligament and is out for the season, but despite losing him for the season, they came out and  beat the Dodgers tonight and I'm so happy and bummed about Story but mostly I'm getting pretty excited. AHHH this is fun!!!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, catrox14 said:

I just have to squee a little bit. My baseball team, the Colorado Rockies are 3.5 games back of the WC. OMG OMG .  I'm trying to not get too excited but OH MY GODS. The starting pitching is kind of good. They didn't trade my favorite player Carlos Gonzalez and we have Nolan Arenado the best 3b in the game. Sadly our SS, Trevor Story who was making a great case for Rookie of the Year, torn his thumb ligament and is out for the season, but despite losing him for the season, they came out and  beat the Dodgers tonight and I'm so happy and bummed about Story but mostly I'm getting pretty excited. AHHH this is fun!!!

Story was making a great case for Rookie of the Year, he just had one problem, Corey Seager has lived up to the expectations for him, and has the Rookie of the Year locked up.

I thought the Suicide Squad trailer was terrible but did like the look of the Justice League trailer and the movie version of Barry Allen seems decent in that trailer! I was having a hard time adapting to a different Barry Allen! I'm used to the jolly baby Barry in the series. 

37 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys is Lucifer worth watching? I saw like 2 episodes ages ago and it looked ok! 

Good question, I don't find the lead particularly attractive or charming and only like the therapist...so I wonder if it is worth the binge.

Also really dislike the actor form Lost. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mellowyellow said:

Guys is Lucifer worth watching? I saw like 2 episodes ages ago and it looked ok! 

It's ok. Nothing special but Tom Ellis is really really charming, and Maze/Amenadiel are intriguing characters that are fun to watch (the therapist is also cool).

They wanted to make the female lead an expy of Beckett but failed hard, she's the worst thing about the show.

• Love 1

I immensely enjoyed Lucifer from pilot to the finale.   I find most of the characters engaging.  It might be one of the only shows on TV to have successfully used a kid. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Delphi said:

I immensely enjoyed Lucifer from pilot to the finale.   I find most of the characters engaging.  It might be one of the only shows on TV to have successfully used a kid. 

What are you talking about, Arrow definitely used a kid successfully 

to screw everything up in the most unentertaining way possible :)

• Love 4

Oh man, I LOVE the rings. That's incredible strength and balance.  Also, fuck NBC for their stupid tape delay on the West Coast and for being sexist small minded living in the 1950's asshats. 

I have been trolling the shit out of NBCSports about this crap.  Dicks.

And it's here that NBC's reasoning for the tape delay gets rather perplexing. John Miller, NBC's chief marketing officer, seems to say that delaying the broadcast is OK because women don't care about the results:

"The people who watch the Olympics are not particularly sports fans. More women watch the games than men, and for the women, they're less interested in the result and more interested in the journey. It's sort of like the ultimate reality show and miniseries wrapped into one. And to tell the truth, it has been the complaint of a few sportswriters. It has not been the complaint of the vast viewing public."

http://www.businessinsider.com/nbc-tape-delay-olympic-opening-ceremony-rio-2016-8

• Love 2

I love the rings. Besides the obvious strength & power it shows. It is also iconic imagery. Nevermind, rings can actually be found in playgrounds around the world, so it feels accessible as an event for a split second until they do all the real rings stuff.

I've never understood the Pommel Horse... besides needing rhythm and a masochistic desire to knock one's scrotum it seems bizarre.

11 hours ago, catrox14 said:

Oh man, I LOVE the rings. That's incredible strength and balance.  Also, fuck NBC for their stupid tape delay on the West Coast and for being sexist small minded living in the 1950's asshats. 

I have been trolling the shit out of NBCSports about this crap.  Dicks.

http://www.businessinsider.com/nbc-tape-delay-olympic-opening-ceremony-rio-2016-8

Well, in that case, NBC, SHOW ME THE DAMN JOURNEY OF THE WOMEN'S ROAD METAL RACE instead of constantly cutting off to commercials and your announcers telling me about the damn music playing during beach volleyball!

• Love 1

Hulu ending free streaming service

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/08/08/hulu-ends-free-streaming?xid=entertainment-weekly_socialflow_twitter

EW can confirm that Hulu is ending their free streaming service. Hulu currently offers two types of paid subscriptions for access to their library of both licensed and original programming: $7.99 per month includes ads, $11.99 per month removes ads.

The free streaming experience is not gone forever, though.

Monday also saw the launch of Yahoo View, a new streaming platform that partners with Hulu to host the kind of clips that used to be seen on the free version of Hulu — namely, the five most recent episodes of shows from ABC, NBC, and Fox (with an eight-day delay), plus other assorted network shows and day-after clips.

35 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What sucks for that gymnast is not only did he have that terrible break, the paramedics dropped his stretcher as they were loading him into the ambulance.

Oh my.  :(

The still photography of that leg break was worse than the video. The video was actually not as bad as I thought it would be. It probably would have been worse if they had an angle from the other side of the vault.

The video of the Great Britain Female Gymnast falling on her head during her floor routine was actually harder for me to watch than the leg break.

• Love 1

This is interesting...

FX's John Landgraf Says Scripted Surge Isn't Slowing, TV Losing "Coherent" Conversation
AUGUST 09, 2016 10:44am PT by Michael O'Connell, Marisa Guthrie
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/fxs-john-landgraf-says-scripted-918273

FX Chief Says There Could Be 500 Scripted Series Airing By 2017 Calls the trend 'probably unsustainable' 
By Jason Lynch  August 9, 2016, 3:44 PM EDT
http://www.adweek.com/news/television/fx-chief-said-there-could-be-500-scripted-series-airing-2017-172900

Scripted%20Series%20Charts%20TCA%202016%

projected-originals.png

• Love 1

Just watched UnReal's finale..don't really know what to make of it. I loved the series last season, this season it kinda sucked? There were highlights - mostly the suitor stuff, for me - but I really didn't like how

Spoiler

Coleman just became a one-note petty SOB Villain - like, not even on OUAT or Arrow you'd see something like that. And the ending? I'm not sure I like any of those characters anymore.

What did you think of it?

Jensen Ackles announced he and his wife are having twins. This makes me happy. I've been watching them grow since the pilot and feel weirdly protective of my boys. I know they are not really Sam and Dean but I like to think of them as happy with families. Some alternate universe where they grow old with lots of fat grandchildren running around. 

• Love 3
5 hours ago, tv echo said:

Vaguely interesting...

I don't understand what it's telling me. Can someone help?

33 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

I've never watched SPN, but this Tumblr post about Jared & Jensen's families came across my dash last week and...they are all so cute.

Heh. I've said before that I fully expect them one day to announce they are all changing their last names to PadAckles and will adopt each others' children.

• Love 1