Type keyword(s) to search

Small Talk: The Prayer Closet

Message added by Scarlett45

This is a reminder that the Politics Policy is still in effect.

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss political social media posts of those in the Duggar realm- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

Political discussion is not allowed in this forum- this includes Small Talk topics. Please stay in the spirit of the policy- I have noticed a tendency for some to follow the letter but not the spirit.

While we understand the frustration (change is never easy), please keep in mind that not everyone feels the same way and that for those members who don't, the ongoing conversation about other forums and chat options can equally be a cause of frustration.

Out of respect for your fellow posters, we kindly ask that you continue any discussion about alternatives via PM or the Technically Speaking: Bugs, Questions, & Suggestions area.

• Start Topic

11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Just Googled Karissa. A few of her kids have very interesting names. Is she a modern Fundy?

I'm not sure what to call her but she is something "else". And I don't mean that in a good way at all. 

• Like 8
  • Useful 4
(edited)

Karissa is a piece of work. She had her mind set that she was going to marry a black man, and she met her husband in a club. He used to play for the Harlem Globetrotters. 

She's baking #11, I think to be named Arrow. 🙄 She refers to her God as Yah, short for Yahweh. She makes it seem as if she's got a direct line to her deity. He's always talking to her.

She's nutso.

eta Forgot to mention, Shaq bought them a sprinter van. 

Edited by Salacious Kitty
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Useful 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Karissa is a piece of work. She had her mind set that she was going to marry a black man, and she met her husband in a club. He used to play for the Harlem Globetrotters. 

She's baking #11, I think to be named Arrow. 🙄 She refers to her God as Yah, short for Yahweh. She makes it seem as if she's got a direct line to her deity. He's always talking to her.

She's nutso.

She constantly filters photos of their children to make them look as white as possible. Don’t have time to go into all these racist things she’s done but she’s not know as KKKarissa for nothing. 

She also doesn’t celebrate her kids birthday. Yet she had a huge party for her birthday complete with a professional photo shoot, and her husband has a big party too.  She’s just as narcissistic as Jillpm. 

Edited by Trillium
  • Like 3
  • Mind Blown 5
  • Sad 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think Karissa may be crazier than Jill.

Karissa is one that is beyond bat shit crazy. She is a dangerous woman in ways even Jill is not. Karissa's kids are often all dressed alike and it seems like daily they are made to perform in vidoes for their mama. She admits the kids are often done with their "schooling" before she gets out of bed. Many broken bones among the kids and one child has had sepsis twice due to untreated UTI infections. Karissa has boasted of "scream praying" over sick children and I believe claimed miraculous healing of one child's broken arm by prayer and no medical treatment.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Mind Blown 8
  • Sad 12
1 minute ago, crazy8s said:

Karissa is one that is beyond bat shit crazy. She is a dangerous woman in ways even Jill is not. Karissa kids are often all dressed alike and it seems like daily they are made to perform in vidoes for their mama. She admits the kids are often done with their "schooling" before she gets out of bed. Many broken bones among the kids and one child has had sepsis twice due to untreated UTI infections. Karissa has boasted of "scream praying" over sick children and I believe claimed miraculous healing of one child's broken arm by prayer and no medical treatment.

Yea, she is dangerous crazy. Jill might be a nut, but I would take her as my mom a many times over Karissa.. 

• Mind Blown 4
  • Sad 8
(edited)
36 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Karissa is one that is beyond bat shit crazy. She is a dangerous woman in ways even Jill is not. Karissa's kids are often all dressed alike and it seems like daily they are made to perform in vidoes for their mama. She admits the kids are often done with their "schooling" before she gets out of bed. Many broken bones among the kids and one child has had sepsis twice due to untreated UTI infections. Karissa has boasted of "scream praying" over sick children and I believe claimed miraculous healing of one child's broken arm by prayer and no medical treatment.

Karissa also received a direct message from God to stop vaccinating her kids.  She claimed that 2 of them almost died from complications after receiving vaccines as infants and, even though the peds told her their illnesses were unrelated to their recent vaccines, she knows it was the cause and the reason Jesus doesn't want them or the rest of the kids to receive another vaccination.

Karissa frequently gets messages from God telling her to do things her own way and ignore any experts who think otherwise.

Unlike other fundies, though, Karissa doesn't really like to breastfeed and mainly does it for show while her kids get bottles of formula. BTW, she also claimed that, after nursing one of her kids shortly after they were vaccinated, the vaccination particles entered her through her breast and she became seriously ill.  That's right, she had a reaction to a vaccination one of her kids received transmitted to her through her breast.

Edited by Notabug
  • Mind Blown 12
  • Sad 3
  • Angry 5
Just now, Notabug said:

Karissa also received a direct message from God to stop vaccinating her kids.  She claimed that 2 of them almost died from complications after receiving vaccines as infants and, even though the peds told her their illnesses were unrelated to their recent vaccines, she knows it was the cause and the reason Jesus doesn't want them or the rest of the kids to receive another vaccination.

Yah gives her a lot of misinformation. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 7
(edited)
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And here it is...

And Jill using the word "workers". In this setting she makes Plexus sound like a pimp. 😁 Hmmm, how fitting. 😬

image.png.f6b57713fdd217061d1002f72dfaa07f.png

And how much does Jill pour into Plexus? 

Edit: Karissa also had a miscarriage a few years back and refused to acknowledge it and instead had her kids pray and pray and pray for the resurrection of the dead embryo. At this point it's only  luck that she hasn't managed to kill off a couple of her kids through neglect, medical and otherwise.

Edited by lianau
  • Mind Blown 3
  • Sad 8
8 hours ago, Salacious Kitty said:

Yah gives her a lot of misinformation. 

I don't know who this Karissa person is but maybe "Yah" is pissed about the nickname.

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
(edited)
On 6/18/2024 at 8:12 PM, Absolom said:

Once I found something, I had to bookmark it to find it again.  I did find a doggie update.

It is kind of slow, but I'm enjoying the pet forum over there.

I miss @Scarlett45 being here.

Maybe I'll get up some oomph and post over there too,because I admire them for trying to make a new place to chat, when a lot of us thought this forum was going to be closed down.

(I sure don't have the no-how to make a new site like they did.) YMMV

Ps somehow the whole fiasco made me feel like not even posting here anymore..I don't know why.

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Like 9
  • Applause 3
2 hours ago, ChiCricket said:

It is kind of slow, but I'm enjoying the pet forum over there.

I miss @Scarlett45 being here.

Maybe I'll get up some oomph and post over there too,because I admire them for trying to make a new place to chat, when a lot of us thought this forum was going to be closed down.

(I sure don't have the no-how to make a new site like they did.) YMMV

Ps somehow the whole fiasco made me feel like not even posting here anymore..I don't know why.

Quite honestly, I don’t particularly care to join a site with many of the previous mods from here . . . 

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I would love to learn about and discuss other Fundy families. Is there a place on PT to do that?

Reddit has a “fundie families” subreddit. Not sure about this site. 

14 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Reddit has a “fundie families” subreddit. Not sure about this site. 

Thank you.

I find Reddit intimidating. This place is comfy like an old slipper, maybe we could make one here.

• Like 1
  • Hugs 1
21 hours ago, graybrown bird said:

Maybe Scarlett45 will return, perhaps under a new user name.  I do miss her photos of darling Cosmo.

That's what I was hoping to see also.  And her family updates.  I posted a doggie update on the pet thread yesterday, so I was wondering about Cosmo. 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
(edited)
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you.

I find Reddit intimidating. This place is comfy like an old slipper, maybe we could make one here.

I like Reddit, and I don't think it's intimidating--rather it's for different purposes than this site.  There is not a community where you're responding and interacting with the same group in a continuous thread.  Still people are welcoming in the threads I follow--crafts and certain TV shows.  So I get something out of both and spend a fair amount of time on Reddit as well.  It's just that if you were looking for a replacement for PT, Reddit will not be it.

Edited by EtheltoTillie
  • Like 8
(edited)
6 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Thank you.

If you limit yourself to the Duggars, Bates, and Fundie Snark Uncensored, it's not that intimidating. But there are subs for just about everything, so it can get to be quite the rabbit hole. 😀

Edited by Salacious Kitty
Autofill got me again!
  • Like 5
  • Applause 1
1 hour ago, Salacious Kitty said:

If you limit yourself to the Duggars, Bates, and Fundie Snark Uncensored, it's not that intimidating. But there are subs for just about everything, so it can get to be quite the rabbit hole. 😀

Bates Snark sub, NOT the other one full of leg humpers and hateful twunts.

• Like 3
  • Applause 2
  • LOL 1
42 minutes ago, AstridM said:

Bates Snark sub, NOT the other one full of leg humpers and hateful twunts.

Definitely. One is full of leg jumpers. I prefer the other one.

fundiesnark is also good. I learned many many things.

• Like 4

I do check on the Bringing Up Bates sub from time to time to see what the fan girls are saying. There are snarkers there, but the leghumpers are quick to defend the Bateses as bloody dieties. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

Okay, folks. Just in case anyone needs a small bit of confusion in their online life: I've changed my username.

It used to be Jeeves. Now it's Minivanessa.

Because as I've mentioned, I like to travel and camp in my minivan, and - I'm female. 

Carry on. 

Great name. May all your trips be fantastical. 🚙

• Like 6
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Minivanessa said:

If one of those Quiverfull patriarchs finally had enough with trying to support a posse of children - an old cartoon that popped up online today:

stork.thumb.jpg.2bcdc2920c7d73bb828484f349e17984.jpg

Well too well fed to be the Rod kids!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, oliviabenson said:

I went to a cooling center down the block from my house. I truly hate summer. 

I hate it too.

• Like 8

This is supposed to be the last day of the heat wave here. It’s 81° now, it was 94° earlier. There’s a slight breeze that I wish was bringing a cold front. It could be worse, of course. We seem to be escaping a really bad storm, but we need the rain. Pros and cons, what can you do?

• Like 5
9 hours ago, oliviabenson said:

I went to a cooling center down the block from my house. I truly hate summer. 

7 hours ago, AstridM said:

I hate it too.

So do I. Heat agrivates my health issues. So summer is three months of hell.

• Like 3
  • Hugs 7
  • Sad 1

I'll join you with the heat making health issues worse.  If I don't get things done by 10 AM, chances are they aren't getting done that day.

• Like 5
  • Hugs 7
  • Sad 1

Sadly, its getting harder and harder for me to function in the heat. More so the humidity. Summer and swimming/soaking/boating has always been my favorite time of the year and activities.

The comfort of the A/C once I'm home often wins out now. However I'm am so, so very grateful of the choices I have to cool off.

• Like 10
  • Hugs 8

Yesterday it was cloudy, humid, and 85 degrees, leading up to last night's thunderstorm. I have COPD and the humidity made it hard to breathe. I'd die if I had to live in Florida.

• Hugs 15

Did you see on the main page the article that talks about the  editorial content is discontinued?   There is a red banner note at the top of the forms that says the forums are here to stay even though the editorial content is discontinued.  

• Like 3
  • Useful 1

Here to stay until they're too inconvenient, don't bring in enough ad revenue to cover the bills, no one wants to do the mod work free, etc.  

• Like 12
34 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Here to stay until they're too inconvenient, don't bring in enough ad revenue to cover the bills, no one wants to do the mod work free, etc.  

I thought mods worked for free that’s why everyone left? 

• Useful 3
8 hours ago, auntieminem said:

Did you see on the main page the article that talks about the  editorial content is discontinued?   There is a red banner note at the top of the forms that says the forums are here to stay even though the editorial content is discontinued.  

This may be dense of me, but what is the editorial content?

• Like 8
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I don't understand how these things work. I thought there was a homepage and everything else is forums.

I'm glad I'm not the only one! I've hardly ever looked at the editorial page and won't miss it. 

• Like 10
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I guess I don't understand how these things work. I thought there was a homepage and everything else is forums.

Unless I am misunderstanding, all the stories, reviews, etc you see on the home page is considered editorial.  It sounds like the existing articles will remain but there will not be any new ones.  I would look at the homepage everyday and read articles that looked interesting to me.  Before it became Primetimer they did have some show synopsis that were fun and read those, I particularly liked Catfish.  

• Like 4
  • Useful 4