Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E03: Grand Opening and Closure

• Start Topic

After going over the budget and past schedule, Lisa struggles to make the grand opening of PUMP a huge success. Stassi confronts Scheana over her mean-spirited tweets, but Scheana maintains she only retweeted what someone else already said. Kristen seeks closure with Tom Sandoval, but watching Ariana take her place triggers her innermost feelings for her ex-boyfriend.

I'm somehow going to have to figure out how to incorporate "flat-iron sexual" into my daily repertoire.

Only hour and half to go! Still no DVR (maybe by Christmas?) so I'm live again. I love fights about Twitter. Hopefully this will be good. So far not disappointed.

• Love 2
damn you Lisa! )

Don't know what it is -- I'm diggin' Lisa even more this season.  Is it the jewelry & clothes Joan Collins threw away 30 years ago?  Or is it that Mrs. Wiggins/old lady/butt-stickin'-out walk of hers?  Well, all dat gives me a giggle, but nah,  it's not any of it.  It's her dead-on observations of this bunch.

I kinda luved her not letting Stass say how everyone one of these knuckleheads ain't changin.  She said Kate isn't changing.  No, Tequila Katie ain't ever gonna change.  And I luved her snickering at Jax's bullshit about not being able to breath as the reason he was getting a nose job.  Alright, she did that on her Bravo video blog, but still.  Diggin' it.  Now while it's true she's probably just getting the writers (er, producers?) of this shit to give her the best lines to make her look good but I don't give a fuck bout that.  I'm still likin' her.  I don't give a shit bout Pump, but plug away Lisa, hun.

LOL Tom is so flaming.

Um, only when his flat iron gets too hot?

• Love 2

An hour and a half long episode?? Lisa has a great platform to pimp her goods it seems.

(I wanted to hate this show, damn you Lisa! )

Seriously?

I don't trust Bravo.  The last time they taunted me with a 90-minute episode, it was because they had included that godforsaken Manzo's with Assholes onto RJONJ, and another time it was because they hooked WWHL onto the preceding show's tail.  Bravo is truly the devil.  

I'm having a crap day.  Seriously, I am sitting here trying to work with a pair of broken glasses.  I can't see without them, which means I can't manage to get the little screw into the arm to fix it, so I feel totally lopsided and it's giving me a migraine.  Not a Tori Spelling level migraine, but a migraine nonetheless.

Then I remembered this little bucket o'snark was on tonight, and things seemed a little brighter.  At least I don't need the glasses to see the TV.

I do hope we're spared any closeups of Schaena's Flintstone feet this episode, though.  Unless she's wearing gold lame short shorts, ugly tennis shoes, and dancing on top of a bar.  

Edited by Persnickety1
  • Love 4

An hour and a half long episode?? Lisa has a great platform to pimp her goods it seems.

An hour and a half show tonight? The Gods have answered my prayers! Thank you Baby Jesus!

ihartcoffee - welcome to the jungle. Where you too maybe soon semi-worshipping Lisa V for bringing us the world's most delicious piece of trash. Love you too Andy!

Seriously?

I don't trust Bravo.  The last time they taunted me with a 90-minute episode, it was because they had included that godforsaken Manzo's with Assholes onto RJONJ, and another time it was because they hooked WWHL onto the preceding show's tail.  Bravo is truly the devil.  

I'm having a crap day.  Seriously, I am sitting here trying to work with a pair of broken glasses.  I can't see without them, which means I can't manage to get the little screw into the arm to fix it, so I feel totally lopsided and it's giving me a migraine.  Not a Tori Spelling level migraine, but a migraine nonetheless.

Then I remembered this little bucket o'snark was on tonight, and things seemed a little brighter.  At least I don't need the glasses to see the TV.

I do hope we're spared any closeups of Schaena's Flintstone feet this episode, though.  Unless she's wearing gold lame short shorts, ugly tennis shoes, and dancing on top of a bar.

You're very evil for the Manzo'd bait and switch reminder. Bad Persnickety!

Though probably good to have the potential heads up. If so bad Bravo! Bad Lisa! Bad Andy!

• Love 2
LOL Tom is so flaming.

I strenuously disagree.  He says. "Man" & "dude" a lot & wears a wool hat.  'Nuff said.  Me luvs FI Tom.  OK,  he's a liar & a cheater, but I don't give a fuck bout dat shit.  He's comfy enough with his . . . er, masculinity to proudly use his flat iron & show us his awesome makeup skills.  Seems OK in my book.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 5

Well, holy Bravo fuckery, glad I didn't get my hopes up.

According to a Facebook page I follow, tonight's episode is the usual hour followed by WWHL, on which Lisa VP is the guest.

Dammit, I was trying to be optimistic about VPR being an extended episode tonight, too.

Damn you, Bravo, damn you!!!  

• Love 1

So Mr. DC does it again! I just saw PUMP has Vander in smaller letters on top. Cheesy even for you Lisa. He apparently saw it last episode.

Did he also just notice Max - Lisa's V's son is now on the show? He's very politically incorrect (even for us sometimes) - but Eminem and the love child of Kid Rock and Mama June came up.

Also pointed out the irony we keep talking about Stassi (Stasi was the East German secret police). I feel stupid - because I like to drop the NKVD in casual conversation. Really not as pretentious as it sounds. Especially now as I'm replacing it with "flat iron sexual".

Well, holy Bravo fuckery, glad I didn't get my hopes up.

According to a Facebook page I follow, tonight's episode is the usual hour followed by WWHL, on which Lisa VP is the guest.

Dammit, I was trying to be optimistic about VPR being an extended episode tonight, too.

Damn you, Bravo, damn you!!!

Forget what I said about you being evil. We needed the heads up. Not like I'm not watching WWHL tonight now (and I think I've only seen a total of 5 episodes).

Why does Stassi still look like somebody's mom? What's with the continuous winter white?

• Love 3

OK - as we all suspected Tom Schwartz is adorable. I'm calling perpetually high though.

TequilaKatie (sorry Katie - you earned it) sipping on her cocktail in the alley when Peter had to confirm to the Busboy he was fired - awesome. Not matter how fake it is. Go Schmactors!

Thank god FI Tom has apparently managed to regain control of the FI.

• Love 2
OK - as we all suspected Tom Schwartz is adorable. I'm calling perpetually high though.

His adorableness is fading for me (just a bit -- he is still adorable).  Maybe I'm losin' the luv for him.  He seems like a really shitty bartender.  And he's never held a real job?  What universe do these people live in?  

I'm not gettin' what Stassi's existence is about.  She's right that people here in NYC would look at her quizzically if she admitted to doin' nothing with her life.  Might be alrighty with this crowd, but here it wouldn't fly.  She didn't work in NYC & she doesn't work in LA -- er, so she's basically her ghost boyfriend's concubine?  Nice work, if ya can get it, hun -- but can ya do that & still keep up your superior 'tude, Stass?  Good luck with dat.

Looks like Lisa is gonna hire Muppet back.

Persnicks is right.  Fake-out.  No 90 min ep.  Just an hour ep along with WWHL featuring Lisa, and useless Pandie & her balding hubby bartending.  Sheesh, I look at Pandy's hubby & think bout how hotness can diminish so much in just a year or 2.  Ahem, cough, cough, Jax/Jason.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I still don't think Kristen is particularly crazier or more promiscuous than any of these people (not that the argument is being held here, just offering an observation from the flat iron in my soul). When I look back at the petty cruelty, acts of violence, elaborate premeditated public takedowns, serial cheating, lying, and sociopathy of the rest of the cast, Kristen seems like a really damaged person with an undiagnosed or improperly treated mental illness that is flourishing in a toxic environment. Plus, it seems more likely now that Kristen wasn't lying about acting as Tom's maid and chauffeur (I'm guessing she was the one who made sure the bills were paid, too). Tom and Ariana both insisted for so long that the mere thought of a spark between them was totally crazy, they're barely even acquaintances, Kristen is psycho, etc...and then whoops, they did kiss, but it was JUST a kiss and they were drunk and it meant nothing and really it was kind of Kristen's fault for being so hung up on Tom fucking another cocktail waitress, which he only did because Kristen wasn't putting out. Yet, somehow in the incestuous love quintuple of Jax, Tom, Kristen, Ariana, and Stassi, only Kristen is a psycho slut bitch with BPD that genius-level IQ having mactor/bartender Ariana diagnosed via Google.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 6

Here are reviews for Pump, if anyone cares to read.  No surprises.  

http://www.yelp.com/biz/pump-west-hollywood-3

When Lisa is there, she refuses to have her pic taken with anyone who isn't young & bee-yoo-tee-full.  Service is mostly indifferent.  Staff is young & good-looking, bordering on the skinny pretty twinkish types like Schwartz.  Food & drink prices are high.  Menu choices are ho-hum & uninspired & not much different from any other joints nearby.  Oh, and something that would drive me nuts & make me never wanna go back -- $1.50 to refill bread.  How cheap & petty & tacky.

I'm curious bout the crowd this place attracts.  With prices so high, how could it attract much of a youngish crowd?  And the reviews on Yelp sound like from a ton of straights, so what gives?  Is this a gay place -- or not so much?  I don't get it.  Cuz it doesn't sound like it is, despite the location.  Is it a mixed crowd of gay & straight -- or is Lisa once again flingin' a bunch of bullshit at us?  I'm confused.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs

I'm sorry, I don't think any guy who says working isn't for him and is proud of the fact that he hasn't worked for 4 years is adorable. It's a little disgusting to me.

He always looks dirty to me, like he's never met a bottle of shampoo.

• Love 1

Someone please remind me -- um, wtf is Stassi doing on this show anymore?

Seriously.  She looked like an idiot talking to all her friends who actually were working, and ordering free drinks (or expecting them to be free).  She should just ask for her job back.  It's probably better than walking the streets for months on end and watching the Food Network.  I personally would be bored out of my mind if that's all I did.   

And thanks to the astute viewer who noticed the little Vander above the word PUMP.  I walk by Pump at least once a week and I've never seen it! 

Well, in Mr. Adorable's defense (if there is one), he is a working model.  He means he hasn't had to work a steady job.  So he must be making enough money as a model he hasn't needed to.  He's not a model in the bullshit way Shane from OC was.  He's with a legit agency & has had legit gigs.

http://www.notiesmanagement.com/models/men/main/tom-schwartz/605/

http://www.lacasting.com/twschwa

But he's no diff than the rest of 'em -- lazy, lazy, lazy.

I'm sorry, I don't think any guy who says working isn't for him and is proud of the fact that he hasn't worked for 4 years is adorable. It's a little disgusting to me.

He always looks dirty to me, like he's never met a bottle of shampoo.

I love Schwartz, "dirty" hair and all.  If Tom can support himself with modeling gigs, more power to him. And Stassi doesn't work either. I think it was more bothersome for me to hear her brag about sauntering around NYC for six months straight. She should be glad her rich parents bought her a chin among other things. Girl, bye.

How does Max figure into the show?  Er, is his friendship with Muppet = Pandie's "friendship" with Schemer -- or even more puzzling . . . Stassi?

Anyone catch Peter said Muppet stole "pitchers" of Sangria when he stupidly said he never stole any glasses?  Peter has seen a lot.  Me thinks Peter knows ALL the secrets of this bunch.  Muppet is a fuckin' moron for bringing this up & going there.  But he did & it gave Peter the opportunity outright say on camera that he's a thief.  Oh so sure daffy old lady Lisa, go ahead & hire Mr. Thief Muppet back.  Awesome move, hun.

Andy read a question to Lisa on WWHL -- "What would Kristen have to actually do to get fired -- embezzle an enormous amount of money?"  Or something like that.  It's kinda true.  It's reached such a point of ridiculousness why she is being kept there, when she is THE most awful horrible employee in any restaurant in any place ever.  It makes no sense anymore why anyone would employ such a person, unless they were being blackmailed to.  Wtf??

Andy read a question to Lisa on WWHL -- "What would Kristen have to actually do to get fired -- embezzle an enormous amount of money?" Or something like that. It's kinda true. It's reached such a point of ridiculousness why she is being kept there, when she is THE most awful horrible employee in any restaurant in any place ever. It makes no sense anymore why anyone would employ such a person, unless they were being blackmailed to. Wtf??

Lisa didn't start exhibiting full-on contempt for Kristen until after Brandi revealed Kristen was the mutual acquaintance who revealed that Scheana is one of Lisa's pets and that Lisa knew all along about Eddie, and staged the first run-in between Scheana and Brandi at Villa Blanca. I think Kristen would've been fired but at that point she was an established lead shit stirrer on VPR.

And wtf was Ariana drinking outside in the back while making no move to give James and Peter any privacy while they talked about the wrongness of drinking outside in the back? I'm sure it was just a water. I also thought it was shitty of her to refuse Kristen and Tom any privacy as well. If Mr. Peanut's ex came to pick up the old cable box with the 4000 dvrd episodes of History's Mysteries they used to watch together I'd let them mourn in private.

Edited by The Mighty Peanut
  • Love 3

It's probably better than walking the streets for months on end and watching the Food Network.  I personally would be bored out of my mind if that's all I did.   

I'm going to be unemployed soon and don't have to get a job for several months.  At first I was like "hell yeah!  I'm going to take a break and not do shit!  It's going to be awesome!" and then reality set in and I realized I'm going to be bored out of my mind, so I might as well look for a job.  I might end up doing some volunteer work and taking useless, but interesting, classes at the community college though.  I surely won't be watching a ton of Food network (or Bravo) and wandering the streets.

Jax broke Stassi's heart and he's a people pleaser?  Okay. 

I wish Schwartz had a better work ethic.  That's not cute and it sounds like he walks out on a shift next week.  He seems like a really shitty bartended. 

It was funny when Kristin said she had to drink to get through her shifts.  I'd have to drink if I worked at Sur too.  Maybe that's what I should do during my sabbatical.  I wonder if they're hiring.

Staff is young & good-looking, bordering on the skinny pretty twinkish types like Schwartz.

Sorry, but I don't think Schwartz is a twink. DJ Muppet is more like a twink. Speaking of Schwartz, why is he working at PUMP? If memory serves, he failed the job interview with Lisa Vanderbucks!

Anyone catch Peter said Muppet stole "pitchers" of Sangria when he stupidly said he never stole any glasses?  Peter has seen a lot.  Me thinks Peter knows ALL the secrets of this bunch.  Muppet is a fuckin' moron for bringing this up & going there.  But he did & it gave Peter the opportunity outright say on camera that he's a thief.  Oh so sure daffy old lady Lisa, go ahead & hire Mr. Thief Muppet back.  Awesome move, hun.

When DJ Thief-Muppet entered the restaurant, why was he clocking in?

Yeah, Muppet is more of a twink than Schwartz.  Guess maybe I'm thinkin' Schwartz is twinkish compared to old man Jax.

When DJ Thief-Muppet entered the restaurant, why was he clocking in?

Man, that was warped.  Honestly, if I saw someone that had just been fired, just show up to work like nothing had happened . . . er, I'd take cover.  

Any guesses how long Schwartz is gonna have that bartending job?  Oh yeah, he's working for befuddled Old Lady Lisa -- so forever, right?  And he can rob her blind & never show up for work & still keep da job.

Observations:

Stassi looks really bad. Especially when she was walking up the street to see her dad. I don't know what it is, but it is not a good look.

Kristen - "Tom needs to get out of my life". Um. What?

Kristen - "If Tom wants out of this relationship so bad...". Um. What. The. Hale. He's already gone, girl.

Lisa's bio kid Pandora walks the red carpet. Her adopted kid Max is, like, a busboy? That is not cool.

Edited by SuzWhat

Am I the only one who thinks Stassi is acting totally weird & delusional this season? It's like she thinks she's Paris Hilton or the daughter of a billionaire & she doesn't have to work. Wake up, hun. You're just some average chick & your father & boyfriend are average working shnooks. Sheesh, I'm just not gettin' wtf is goin' on with her.

• Love 4

Flat Iron Tom is totally bugging me. On WWHL last week he was so very aware of the cameras. All of his heavy sighing and taking moments to collect his thoughts before speaking was just too much. So many words with so little substance. Ever since that appearance I can't help but notice the same behaviors on VPR. That DVR scene seemed soooooo very scripted. He's a terrible mactor.

• Love 2

Kristen is so clearly not over Tom. Not even close. Which is fine, understandable really. How long were they together? Something like five years? They say it takes half the time of the relationship to get over someone, and for the most part I've found that to be true. I think it can depend on who ended the relationship, and why. Clearly Tom was more than ready to end their relationship when he did; he was already into someone else. She, however, was not. She dates this new guy, Muppet James, for comfort/competition/whatever....but it aint real. Which makes me wonder what James's angle here? He can't be so dense to not see it. Is he just using her to be on the show? Is she his beard? What? 

Speaking of...that scene at the gym....Tom Schwartz seemed totally jealous of Arianna. It's not just that he wants to be having sex, and lots of it - he wants him some FI sex. Haha! No, I don't really know.....maybe those two are just really close. But they seem really REALLY close, to me. Schwartz lights up a lot more when he's with FI than when he's with Tequila Katie. But, I guess, can you blame him? 

Stassi annoys. "I don't have to pay for this drink, I used to work here". I used to work at Wal-Mart, can I just walk out of there with a cartload of free stuff? She is the epitome of entitled princess. And where is Patrick??? If we don't see him soon I'm going to start thinking he's a figment of her imagination. Okay, okay, I know he's a real person, but are they really still together? What gives?

I do like her friend Kristina. She shut that shit with Jax wanting to see Stassi DOWN. 

So now Muppet James is composing letters to win his job back. Is a job at Sur really so covetable? Or does he just want the exposure for his up and coming DJ career? Because, I mean, really....who would beg and grovel like that to work at a freaking restaurant if it weren't on TV? It's not like there aren't a million other restaurants in the area you could get a job at. And given how much Kristen complains about Sur, I'm SURprised she doesn't go find another job. But, no, she'll never do that. She's like a crazy masochist, who WANTS to keep tabs on Tom and Arianna. 

I do love how she keeps saying that Lisa "hates" her. Wonder why. 

It was nice to see what truly bonds Tom and Arianna - their stimulating conversations, such as the temperature of one's balls. 

• Love 2
Did he also just notice Max - Lisa's V's son is now on the show?

I thought maybe I saw him outside, after the staph meeting, with Muppet James and Kristen. But I thought to myself, he can't possibly be that scruffy. I mean, it was only a few seconds, but he looked ROUGH. Was that really him?

Food & drink prices are high

On WWHL, Andy asked her how much a certain drink costs (can't remember the name) and she said $12.50. Now, I will admit I have not been in a bar in years, and even then they were NOT fancy bars, but that seems like a lot for a drink. She actually gave that as an example of their prices being reasonable! I was a Long Island Ice Tea drinker, and the most I every paid for one was $6, but they were usually $4.50. I guess if she uses super top shelf stuff, but damn....

Well, in Mr. Adorable's defense (if there is one), he is a working model.  He means he hasn't had to work a steady job.  So he must be making enough money as a model he hasn't needed to.  He's not a model in the bullshit way Shane from OC was.  He's with a legit agency & has had legit gigs.

http://www.notiesman...m-schwartz/605/

http://www.lacasting.com/twschwa

But he's no diff than the rest of 'em -- lazy, lazy, lazy.

I can see Tom S being a decent model. He has great bone structure. But he should really consider trying to acquire some job skills and hold down something a little more stable. Modeling won't pay the bills forever. 

And....did he really list "pogo stick" as one of his skills? There are so many jokes that could be made from that, I don't even know where to start....

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Not the shit on the DVR!!!!

HA! I actually felt him with the DVR. We recently switched to a multi-room, HD DVR and it was a real conundrum for me, because I had so many things on the DVR I didn't want to lose. Like, I pondered this switch for days because of it. First world problems!

Man, that was warped.  Honestly, if I saw someone that had just been fired, just show up to work like nothing had happened . . . er, I'd take cover.

Mmmmhmmm. He's like the male/workplace version of Fatal Attraction. Oh, nothing to see here....you didn't fire me....just coming in for my shift. Maybe he and Kristen are really a good match. Because I could totally see Tom coming home one day to Kristen making a meal in the kitchen (and by "making a meal" I mean nuking a hot dog) and being all, "Hey hun, how was work?" - like nothing happened. 

Edited by ghoulina
  • Love 5

It was nice to see what truly bonds Tom and Arianna - their stimulating conversations, such as the temperature of one's balls.

That transitioned right into talking about insurance and Kristen. It was the weirdest set up to a scene. And if I'm having a film crew film in my apartment I would at least try to clean it up a bit.

• Love 1

after the staph meeting,

Hehe. Freudian slip?

On WWHL, Andy asked her how much a certain drink costs (can't remember the name) and she said $12.50. Now, I will admit I have not been in a bar in years, and even then they were NOT fancy bars, but that seems like a lot for a drink. She actually gave that as an example of their prices being reasonable! I was a Long Island Ice Tea drinker, and the most I every paid for one was $6, but they were usually $4.50. I guess if she uses super top shelf stuff, but damn....

Gotta make up for the cost of that Vanderpump Vodka somehow, right?

• Love 1

I wasn't believing Lisa that drinks are 12 bucks. 20 sounds more like it. That's what drinks usually cost in high end joints in NY & LA. Sometimes 25 or 30 bucks or even more. Well, that's what they get at the places phony ass Andy goes drinking with Anderson Cooper.

• Love 3

Yeah, Muppet is more of a twink than Schwartz.  Guess maybe I'm thinkin' Schwartz is twinkish compared to old man Jax.

Heh. Speaking of whom, does DJ Muppet's accent sound more Australian than Brit to anyone else?

Am I the only one who thinks Stassi is acting totally weird & delusional this season? It's like she thinks she's Paris Hilton or the daughter of a billionaire & she doesn't have to work. Wake up, hun. You're just some average chick & your father & boyfriend are average working shnooks. Sheesh, I'm just not gettin' wtf is goin' on with her.

I thought her family was relatively wealthy, which is how they were able indulge her so she didn't have to work all these years.

Man, that was warped. Honestly, if I saw someone that had just been fired, just show up to work like nothing had happened . . . er, I'd take cover.

Fer sure! You could tell Lisa Vanderbucks was thinking about that scenario when she bumped into him.

I am still not buying FI Tom and Ariana, as well as Kristin and James, as authentic couples.  They totally strike me as show-mances.

Also so not buying that Other Tom all of a sudden "needs" to start bartending again after four years because his modeling gigs are fewer and far between, and he is saving for a future with Katie. Please. He wants to bartend for Lisa to get more camera time, plain and simple.   

I actually adore Lisa, but good LORD that woman needs a hair makeover.  Her hair looks so fried and unhealthy.  I can't help but think how much more stunning she would be with about 5 inches of dead ends cut off.

TequilaKatie (sorry Katie - you earned it) sipping on her cocktail in the alley when Peter had to confirm to the Busboy he was fired - awesome. Not matter how fake it is. Go Schmactors!

That was Ariana. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 3

Someone please remind me -- um, wtf is Stassi doing on this show anymore?

All I can figure is that BRAVO wasn't sure if the show could carry on without her, so they asked her to come back. Now they know........we don't need to see you, Stassi! The tools on this show can keep us entertained all on their own!.

• Love 2

I hate to defend The Muppet, but the showing up to work after being fired was producer manipulation. No one does that. That said, why are they spending so much time on him? Even the WWHL poll question was about him. Give his camera time to the characters I care about. 

The Stassi/Jax stuff was foreshadowing that they're having a one night stand this season, right? Also, filed under the inexplicable love of Jax category: was it just me or was Jax's "therapist" eyeing him like my dog eyes sirloin. At first, I thought it was shock at his behavior, but IMO there was something more there.

• Love 4

I forgot about that!! It has to be a ploy to up viewership, I rarely watch WWHL.

So Tom and Ariana get it on like rabbits! Color me shocked!

Why does Ariana's hair look so greasy this season. Ewww girl wash your hair.

FI Tom can start a new career as makeup countergirl with his love of concealer.

Stassi is looking more plumb and not attractive this year.

Lisa needs to lay off the needles on her face. She looks like shit.

Edited by Fuzzysox