Type keyword(s) to search

S29 Ponderosa

ProfCrash
  • Start Topic

Ah, so he IS on the jury.  I wasn't sure.  I was enjoying his interview until the dreaded "Reed and I's relationship."  Ugh.

What a gorgeous place!  

Edited by Haleth

Ponderosa looks amazing. Josh's reaction to everything is fun to watch. I think he is going to set a good tone for the others who follow. He lost 17 pounds and went straight for the peanut butter and beer. I did not see a cheeseburger consumed. Ponderosa is clearly at a resort of some sort. The rooms seem nice, the pool is awesome. Josh spent time discussing being in the game in his own head but reflecting on what he learned and who he wants to be. It was a nice interview.

Josh looked as if he had been getting haircuts out there.  I don't remember how short it was in the first episode so he may have come with hair shorter than I remember.  I love to see what they eat there and would have appreciated a shot of Josh's plate and him expounding on how good it was!  He has a great attitude and I agree it will be infectious.  I hope so.  I enjoy seeing everyone get along once out of the game. 

• Love 2

Just saw Josh & Pondereosa and it's amazing. It looks to be the same resort where the cast of Nicaruga stayed. I remember Alina swimming in the pool. Josh was amazed by it & I think he was expecting the old shacks they usually have. I think he make a great host. Unfortunately, I think Alec & Wes will continue the frat house mentality when they ultimately get there. Hopefully, Josh & the others can enjoy it before they show up.

Jeremy was sorta pissed about being blindsided but also happy at Ponderorsa. It's a very short episode and unfortunately Josh gets more airtime in Jeremy's Ponderosa video. Even, at Ponderosa Josh is the narrator and also building up Reeds supposed gameplay which Jeremy laughs off. Too short a Ponderosa video for me. In the old days each jury member would get two or three videos.

• Love 2

Jeremy came off pretty well in the Ponderosa Videos. I have some respect for him what he said in the end about voting for the person who can look him in the eye that blindsided him. Josh is so annoying your not in the game you have no idea what is going on. Seriously.

I like that both men are able to say that they are pissed and upset that they are not in the game any more but they seem to be handling it well. They are respectful to each other and doing well there. I think it is great to see. They own being disappointed and angry but I think they will vote based on game play and not anger.

The Blood Vs Water dynamic is going to screw with Ponderosa because as long as someone has a loved one in the game they are going to be talking up what that person did and why they deserve the million dollars. Jeremy saw right through Josh's "Reed set this up" BS but it could make Ponderosa a bit less fun since there is going to be even more vote campaigning then usual.

• Love 1

I'm sorry Jeremy thinks trusting Nat was a mistake.  Hopefully after seeing the episode he realizes what a true friend she was.  He seems as angry at himself as he is at the players who voted him out.  Funny that he thought Josh was full of it by insisting Reed voted him out.

• Love 3

I guess he didn't hear Natalie's "WTF Missy?" line. I'm sure he eventually figured it out. Can't really blame him for being confused after that vote though. I'm not sure he could have known the fart trio voted Reed. He probably thinks those 3 voted for him and 2 others flipped from his alliance. Or those 3 with Reed and Natalie.

In his day after video he did say giving away the reward was a mistake strategically.

Yeah, I also think he probably assumed the 3 boneheads voted for him, too. He wasn't just blindsided he was voted-sided as well. In his mind, the votes didnt make sense so he probably doesn't even think Missy voted for him. Ponderosa might get a little contentious if Missy ends up there, too. That shoud be fun. LOL!!

I'm sorry Jeremy thinks trusting Nat was a mistake.  Hopefully after seeing the episode he realizes what a true friend she was.  He seems as angry at himself as he is at the players who voted him out.  Funny that he thought Josh was full of it by insisting Reed voted him out.

He should be mad at himself for giving up the reward, not orchestrating a blindside of Jon if he really believed he had an idol and getting way too comfortable in a 6 person alliance.  

Josh has it all figured out exactly right how the votes went down but Jeremy is just too pig headed to get it.  Not surprised Jeremy would be questioning Natalie's loyalty as I don't see him as having a great social game out there.  We saw it earlier when he questioned Rocker's loyalty when it was really his own wife's assinine move claiming to have two idols that got her voted out and Rocker protected her.  I don't think he is as great at the game of Survivor as he thought he was.

• Love 2

I had given Josh more credit for being intelligent enough not to say "Reed and I's."  Gah!  

What's the prescriptivist-approved "correct" usage here?  "Reed's and my"?

I would like to think these two will be good jurors.  I guess we'll see.  I feel like for all their protestations they were still sort of guarded with each other; but I suppose not everyone is Coach and Courtney.

Edited by KimberStormer
  • Love 2

The way to determine the correct expression is to take the other person out of the sentence. If it still makes sense, you got it right. So me, my or I being correct depends on the sentence constructed. 

"Jon and I's house" vs "Jon's and my house." "My house" makes sense; "I's house" doesn't, so it should have been "my".

"Jon and me went to the store." "Me went to the store." doesn't make sense, so it should have been "Jon and I"   Etc., etc.

Maybe it's mean of me, but I got a kick out of someone named "Wouldofshouldof" (instead of "Wouldhaveshouldhave") griping about correct word usage.

Edited by riley702
  • Love 9

The way to determine the correct expression is to take the other person out of the sentence. If it still makes sense, you got it right. So me, my or I being correct depends on the sentence constructed. 

"Jon and I's house" vs "Jon and my house." "My house" makes sense; "I's house" doesn't, so it should have been "my".

"Jon and me went to the store." "Me went to the store." doesn't make sense, so it should have been "Jon and I"   Etc., etc.

Maybe it's mean of me, but I got a kick out of someone named "Wouldofshouldof" (instead of "Wouldhaveshouldhave") griping about correct word usage.

Thanks Riley702, you took the words right out of my mouth!  And I registered here to correct someone who was driving me nuts with their usage of would of and should of, which is why I chose the name.  I never found the right time, though, because I wanted my post to immediately follow his/hers.  In the meantime, I got hooked on actually posting about the shows, much like everyone else!

ETA: and, since "Reed's and my house" sounds strange to many people, even though it's correct, one can simplify it by saying "Our house."

Edited by Wouldofshouldof
  • Love 2

What's the prescriptivist-approved "correct" usage here?  "Reed's and my"?

I would like to think these two will be good jurors.  I guess we'll see.  I feel like for all their protestations they were still sort of guarded with each other; but I suppose not everyone is Coach and Courtney.

I think Jeremy is guarded because Josh is so busily campaigning for Reed.

• Love 1

I watched the two Ponderosa videos and have come to a conclusion about Jeremy - when he's upset, he seems to side-eye and looked pissed off at anyone in general, even if that person isn't who he's actually upset at.  Case in point, when he was getting his blood pressure, weight, etc. taken. At one point, when the guy asks him how he's feeling physically, the look he gives when he says he's fine, you would think he hated the guy. But obviously he doesn't and I know he wasn't even mad at him but more his being upset he'd been blindsided. So he just seems like someone who when he's upset, it shows all over him. 

As for him and Josh being guarded,  I just think it has to do with their still not being friendly and close. They weren't on the same tribe for the early part of the game, when the swap happened, it seemed almost automatically that it became a Jeremy vs. Josh thing where Jeremy knew that if they'd lost an immunity challenge, they would likely gun for him. And then they merged and their two sides battled again. So I'm sure they never had a chance to bond during the game and since they don't know each other outside of the game, they're still virtual strangers to each other.

But still and especially because they were both gunning for each other, I think they handled the situation very maturely and seem more than cordial with each other. I don't think Jeremy would make Josh's seeming campaigning for Reed that much of an issue. It's his boyfriend, of course he's going to. I mean really, if Reed makes it to the end, will there be any question of who Josh will vote for to get the million?

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 4

Josh can tend to be relentless in his campaigning, however, from the way he bugged Baylor and others. He started bugging me and I'm not even there. It might bite him in the butt if Reed is a finalist and he's begging everyone to vote for him.

• Love 3

I guess but nothing I saw in the video really suggested this though. It didn't seem like it was that big of a deal. It only looked like he was saying to Jeremy that Reed may likely have had something to do with Jeremy's exit, likely because Reed was the obvious one on the chopping block. So Josh's rationalization may have been that clearly Reed did something to save himself and turn heat onto Jeremy.

Now sure, as we know, editing suggested Reed didn't engineer the boot, but Josh was right in that Reed was one of the ones who voted for Jeremy. In fact, he was the only one of the other side who was in on the plan to get Jeremy out. As for maybe turning people off voting for Reed because he would campaign too hard, again honestly, I don't imagine the other people will care that much one way or the other and will just vote who they want to vote. Plus I doubt if say Baylor ends in the Final 3 or 2 against I don't Reed and Jaclyn or Jon that Missy would not be pushing for her, same with the others.

In fact, this is another interesting aspect of Blood vs. Water because this might make for one of the closer votes for the million because again a Baylor/Reed/Jaclyn final will automatically have Missy voting for Baylor, Josh voting for Reed and Jon voting for Jaclyn, etc. Basically any combination that includes people who still have loved ones on the jury, can make for an interesting final tribal council. 

And, if it's a Final two of Missy/Baylor or Keith/Wes it's gonna be snooze fest. Of course, someone on the jury will ask the question tell me why the other person doesn't deserve the money? LOL!! I hope Josh & Jeremy get more settled and it will be interesting to see who the 3rd juror is. Hopefully, they will have fun in that awesome jury house. It's a free vacation.

Edited by ByaNose
  • Love 1

Josh has it all figured out exactly right how the votes went down but Jeremy is just too pig headed to get it.  Not surprised Jeremy would be questioning Natalie's loyalty as I don't see him as having a great social game out there.  We saw it earlier when he questioned Rocker's loyalty when it was really his own wife's assinine move claiming to have two idols that got her voted out and Rocker protected her.  I don't think he is as great at the game of Survivor as he thought he was.

Which is why his boot was so satisfying to me.

The thing is, while Reed didn't exactly orchestrate the Jeremy boot, he did have a hand in it. He managed to save himself at Jeremy's expense. I can understand why Jeremy thinks Josh is just blowing smoke, but he doesn't know what actually happened. He was arrogant enough to think he could force Jon to admit he had the idol without considering the consequences. The fact that he thinks his biggest mistake was trusting Natalie shows how poorly he read that room. It's his arrogance that won't allow him to consider what Josh is saying might be true - he still thinks he knows better. He doesn't.

Edited by iMonrey
  • Love 3

I find it interesting that he said, I am not mad anymore but I am going to go in there mad.  What the hell is that going to do?  Show him to be a poor sport, that is what.  You are out, it's over, all you have left is your vote and a nice vacation spot with all the food you can eat.  

Wes' video is already up on YouTube and the weirdest part of it is when for whatever reason, the focus shifted to Josh and Jeremy and a discussion about Josh's sexuality and how he and Jeremy finally talked about and bonded about real world things. I mean it did sort of come back around to Wes with Josh pointing out how pleasantly surprised he was to hear some of the things Wes said about gay people, being how he was raised and where he's from. Apparently Wes admits that his church does not condone homosexuality.

But it just seemed kind of a strange edit because the Jeremy parts especially, where he's talking about how he and Josh finally had real conversation about real life with each other, I felt like that should have been edited into his Ponderosa video rather than being shoe-horned into Wes'. Especially as we found out something new, or at least new to me, about Jeremy - that is he's a twin and his twin brother is gay. Just seemed like an odd edit. 

The funniest part of the video though was Josh and Jeremy, two people clearly obsessed with and love the game of Survivor, trying to get information out of Wes about what really went down and what's going on and Wes is barely paying attention because he keeps getting distracted by the food. I thought "yup, that's Wes for you." Also, it looked like for whatever reason, Josh and Jeremy seemed to think Missy and Baylor were in on the votes for Jon and Wes did clear up to Jeremy that Natalie did not vote for him.

And he also confirmed Keith's big mouth screwing up the plan by stating things went crazy when Keith said about sticking to the plan and how he had tried to speak to his dad before tribal council and remind him to keep a cool head no matter what and just say nothing. So thanks Wes for confirming to me that Keith is an idiot who fucked up a really good blindside. 

I also wish they'd left in the things between Jeremy and Josh. Suvivor always edits the good stuff out. They often show us what they think people want to see, the fighting and bickering.

Maybe Wes can organize a chicken nugget eating contest at Ponderosa.

• Love 2

Where are you all finding the Wes Ponderosa video?  I don't see it on the CBS Survivor site.

Never mind.  Found it on Youtube.

I found it on the CBS website under the extra video section, not in the Ponderosa section directly below.  Ran into it by accident this morning.

Especially as we found out something new, or at least new to me, about Jeremy - that is he's a twin and his twin brother is gay.

There's actually an extra scene vid with a confessional from Jeremy about this. His twin is actually named Josh and Josh's brother is named Jeremy!

Also, it looked like for whatever reason, Josh and Jeremy seemed to think Missy and Baylor were in on the votes for Jon and Wes did clear up to Jeremy that Natalie did not vote for him.

And yet somehow Jeremy still seems to question whether Natalie voted for him. Not super sharp, that one.

I liked this ep of Ponderosa. Wes gaining 11 pounds in like 8 hours or whatever was hilarious.

And yet somehow Jeremy still seems to question whether Natalie voted for him. Not super sharp, that one.

I didn't get it when he still kept harping on why Natalie would say sorry if she didn't vote for him and Josh had to say well maybe because she just felt bad he was voted off even if she had nothing to do with it. 

Yeah, Jeremy was a little slow on the draw regauarding Natalie & sorry. Of course, he's still in the game & only a few days out. His head was probably still spinning. How hysterical was Wes gaining all of that weight in a few hours?! He'll be a load by the end of the full 39 Days. LOL!!!

One thing I like is that these contestants know and appreciate Ponderosa. From Josh's "It's actually pretty cool to be the first at Ponderosa" thus underscoring the idea the first person at Ponderosa sets the tone to Jeremy's "I remember seeing Jeff Kent being miserable at Ponderosa and wondering why he was so sour all the time, but now I know," it's pretty cool that this season is at least filled with actual fans.

Also, was it just me or was the music in Josh's a little quiet?

• Love 2