Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Wow, they were able to run Steve's tests and give a diagnosis all in one session? Where can I get this treatment? And all prior to drawing blood?

I really don't care about Claire and Ciara, but I did want Tripp to realize that the fact that they both suck is nothing new.

Steve and Kayla are goals.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Will's love live won't get more complicated and richer and he won't have more pairings, popular or otherwise, if he remains forever yoked to one character for the entirety of his romantic soap life.

Days has endgame couples. There is a reason why Stayla, Shelle, Bope and many others always get back together, no matter what..

• Love 2
3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That said, as insta as their careers are, a PI and a journalist teaming up to solve a mystery - and possibly heading to bone-town along the way - is rather classically soapy.

I love the idea so much. I wish I liked Will so I could be invested in this.

52 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Is Days going to be pre-empted during the Olympics?

I've been meaning to ask this as well.

I hate myself for this, but I loved the Tripp/Ciara/Claire scenes. So stupid, so juvenile, so fun for me! Also, I am SO ready for Ciara and Tripp to happen. I need them to go there.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:

Not from what  I read.  The schedule may be different.

Thanks. I know it was pre-empted for the summer Olympics, but I wasn't watching during the last Winter Olympics, so wasn't sure if it was the same. 

3 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

Will's love live won't get more complicated and richer and he won't have more pairings, popular or otherwise, if he remains forever yoked to one character for the entirety of his romantic soap life.

I agree, I don't necessarily think it is set in stone that Wilson will be endgame.  If history tells us anything it will come down to chemistry.  Thinking back on Days history who would of thought that Sami's cute British neighbor would end up being her super couple pairing?  Back then it was all about the push and pull of Lumi or Brandon/Sami (I'm a diehard Lumi fan btw).  Who really thought that Marlena and John would really be endgame once Roman came back? 

I find Paul and Will's chemistry to be better than Will and Sunny's.  I also find them to be a better pairing. 

Sticking with the whole "first love" equals super couple mentality is great when said couple really do have that chemistry/electricity.  If they don't or things change then the story needs to service that not the other way around.

• Love 6
41 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I agree, I don't necessarily think it is set in stone that Wilson will be endgame.  If history tells us anything it will come down to chemistry.  Thinking back on Days history who would of thought that Sami's cute British neighbor would end up being her super couple pairing?  Back then it was all about the push and pull of Lumi or Brandon/Sami (I'm a diehard Lumi fan btw).  Who really thought that Marlena and John would really be endgame once Roman came back? 

I find Paul and Will's chemistry to be better than Will and Sunny's.  I also find them to be a better pairing. 

Sticking with the whole "first love" equals super couple mentality is great when said couple really do have that chemistry/electricity.  If they don't or things change then the story needs to service that not the other way around.

That is not necessarily true. Belle had better chemistry with Jay's Philip, but the show put Belle back with Sean-Douglas. The Shelle fans were very vocal in wanting them back together. 

Jack and Jennifer had the chemistry, history and legion of fans. Yet, they were thrown under the bus for Dannifer.

Kim and Shane were thrown under the bus for Shayla. Shane had no chemistry whatsoever with Kayla.

Sherry Anderson was told to deromanize Drake's Roman.  She was against doing that. Deidre agreed to come back to the show, unless, Wayne was brought back as Roman; that lead to the tale of two Romans. The amnesiac John Black was Sherry's story that became John is really Roman with a different face. In a weird way, Sherry got her signature couple, Roman and Marlena back, with a twist, via Jarlena, being endgame. Plus, The fans had moved on from Wayne's Roman and had accepted Drake's Roman.  It made it easier for fans to accept Jarlena's affair. Deidre wanted Roman and Marlena to be endgame, but, she was overruled, to appease the fans. 

7 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Ron is so heavy-handed in his writing, why does he make Sonny so boorish and unlikeable.  Sonny's treatment of Paul is so unnecessary.  They were going to get married, for goodness sake.. I don't even like Paul and Sonny is making me feel kinda bad for him.  I am sure at some point, Ron will change course and make Paul the villain, to reunite Wilson...

Sonny was working my nerves for a while but his treatment of Paul from the moment Will's name was mentioned by Ben sealed his fate with me. Sonny acts like Paul is the sole reason for all of his problems with Will. Did he know Paul at all that he can accuse him of some of the crap he has? I'm so over this character.

17 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That is not necessarily true. Belle had better chemistry with Jay's Philip, but the show put Belle back with Sean-Douglas. The Shelle fans were very vocal in wanting them back together. 

Jack and Jennifer had the chemistry, history and legion of fans. Yet, they were thrown under the bus for Dannifer.

Kim and Shane were thrown under the bus for Shayla. Shane had no chemistry whatsoever with Kayla.

Sherry Anderson was told to deromanize Drake's Roman.  She was against doing that. Deidre agreed to come back to the show, unless, Wayne was brought back as Roman; that lead to the tale of two Romans. The amnesiac John Black was Sherry's story that became John is really Roman with a different face. In a weird way, Sherry got her signature couple, Roman and Marlena back, with a twist, via Jarlena, being endgame. Plus, The fans had moved on from Wayne's Roman and had accepted Drake's Roman.  It made it easier for fans to accept Jarlena's affair. Deidre wanted Roman and Marlena to be endgame, but, she was overruled, to appease the fans. 

Interesting, because as much as I liked Belle and Phillip, personally I don't think that they had better chemistry than Shelle. but to each his own.

So what your saying is that "supercouples" are determined by an over powered head writer/producer? 

Chemistry is definitely subjective, I appreciate fan bases as much as the next person but as others have posted I personally need more than "so and so have always been together" as reason.  Not saying that you are implying that.

For example, I have always like Bo and Hope but I actually prefer them with other people.  I preferred Bo when he was with Billie and/or Carly and I actually preferred Hope with Patrick and/or Aiden.  Now that doesn't mean that I don't recognize the huge fan base that is Bo and Hope and that it will probably always be the largest. 

My question is do you let those fan bases dictate storyline in lieu of another storyline that could be just as popular?  I'm sure there are rabid Will/Sonny fans, I was one of them but the stakes have changed and I am finding Will and Paul the more appealing couple.  I also think that they have "better" chemistry. 

Again to each their own.  My main point was that it would be nice for the show to let things like chemistry, compatibility, etc, flow more organically like they used to as opposed to someone telling us that so and so should be together. 

• Love 3
41 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kim and Shane were thrown under the bus for Shayla. Shane had no chemistry whatsoever with Kayla. ...

"Chemistry" is all subjective, and up to each viewer's opinion.  I personally would disagree that Belle had better chemistry with Phillip.  And I guess I don't understand how Kim and Shane were thrown under the bus when they are couple currently together and have been for decades?

But also, remember that everyone is related!  For example, isn't Paul related to Will by being his step-uncle?  

• Love 1

Steve has some instant autoimmune condition? Surely the bloodwork (unless tampered with) will show some noxious substance in his system.

The Tripp/Claire/Ciara drama was funny. Felt sorry for the poor guy having to come home to them.

Eve, try to stay a few steps ahead of Brady. It's not hard. He is nowhere near possessing the Salem Brain, much less a few braincells.

Sonny, divorce the man who does not want you. You may not want him if or when he gets his memory back. Paul is not the source of your problems with WIll. He was a young, inexperienced man for you, And you should not have married him. Own your own role in this.

• Love 4
18 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

"Chemistry" is all subjective, and up to each viewer's opinion.  I personally would disagree that Belle had better chemistry with Phillip.  And I guess I don't understand how Kim and Shane were thrown under the bus when they are couple currently together and have been for decades?

But also, remember that everyone is related!  For example, isn't Paul related to Will by being his step-uncle?  

Lol, so were Will and Sonny.  Technically speaking Marlena and John haven't remarried yet, I believe (?) but your point is the same.  Yes, almost everyone is related to each other.

Or more accurately, a lot of the characters are in the same family if not biologically related.

Edited by JBC344
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Interesting, because as much as I liked Belle and Phillip, personally I don't think that they had better chemistry than Shelle. but to each his own.

So what your saying is that "supercouples" are determined by an over powered head writer/producer? 

Chemistry is definitely subjective, I appreciate fan bases as much as the next person but as others have posted I personally need more than "so and so have always been together" as reason.  Not saying that you are implying that.

For example, I have always like Bo and Hope but I actually prefer them with other people.  I preferred Bo when he was with Billie and/or Carly and I actually preferred Hope with Patrick and/or Aiden.  Now that doesn't mean that I don't recognize the huge fan base that is Bo and Hope and that it will probably always be the largest. 

My question is do you let those fan bases dictate storyline in lieu of another storyline that could be just as popular?  I'm sure there are rabid Will/Sonny fans, I was one of them but the stakes have changed and I am finding Will and Paul the more appealing couple.  I also think that they have "better" chemistry. 

Again to each their own.  My main point was that it would be nice for the show to let things like chemistry, compatibility, etc, flow more organically like they used to as opposed to someone telling us that so and so should be together. 

I am saying that there are different factors in why a couple is together. Writers, producers and fans all play a role.   Lumi and Ejami were not supercouples. They were very popular with rabid fan bases. Ejami got together for good, because the writer that wanted Lumi together, JER, got fired.  JER also believed in the show being actor-proof.   In his mind, anybody can play  a role, and that is why he wrote Matthew Ashford out and recast the role of  Jack.  Plus, Ken Corday has gone on record by saying that the supercouple formula was dead and that the show was moving away from that.  It was also another way, for the show to have more power and the actors less.  Back in the day, the popular actors had more power during negotiations. For example: Deidre wanted Wayne to come back as Roman and she got it..  

The last official supercouple on the show was Jack and Jennifer. Lumi was the last couple that got supercouple writing, but, they were not a supercouple.  Fans use that word liberally to describe their favorites.

The official supercouples of the show were Doug/Julie, Roman/Marlena, Rojohn/Marlena, John/Marlena, Kim/Shane, Steve/Kayla, Bo/Hope and Jack /Jennifer.

In the past, the show used to let chemistry set the tone for a couple, but, it is not just chemistry, it has to make sense to the characters as well.  Back in the day, the show was more character-driven and took the time to develop a character, giving them layers and backstories.  The fans also got a say as well. The show has to not let the fan bases control the show. Jack and Jennifer were a wonderful accident.  Jennifer was supposed to be with Frankie.  Jack and Jennifer's banter at the spectator was heaven sent. The actors even said that they knew that they had something special on their hands and worked hard on it.  Fans like me noticed and responded accordingly.  Kim and Shane were not planned as well. Kim was tested with Tony, Neil and Don, but, a producer saw the chemistry between Patsy and Charles behind the scenes. He spoke with Sherry and Sherry tested them together and the rest is history.  

Viewers were intrigued by Hope's new butler Shane and fans wanted to know more about him.  So, Sherry gave us Shane, the ISA agent and had him develop a friendship with Kim.   Marlena became a fan favorite, due to the fans, wonderful responses to her.. The same with Victor, a villainous character. Steve was supposed to be short term villain, but, he impressed the producers and Peter who played Bo. Steve is now a beloved character and was part of the supercouple, Steve/Kayla, who made Days number 1, in the ratings.  When Kayla spoke her vows  to Steve after being deaf and mute, for months, there was not a dry eye in the room. Everybody in my building was watching their wedding, that day...Good times!  It was the summer and I was a kid, but, we all knew that the wedding was coming and we did not know, when..lol The show used to be good at giving the fans payoffs.  Years later, I found out, it was the scab writers that gave us that wonderful wedding, due to a writers strike.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

Damn,..... it seems that according to Dr. Shah diagnosing Steve, There ain't no cure for the summertime blues.  Luckily, there is a treatment that only Kayla is qualified to administer - a hefty dose of Love Potion Number 9.  Trouble is, he just might end up addicted to love.

My my, Sonny might want to do something about that super wedgie he's walking around with.  That stick up his ass must be bothering the hell out of him, too.  It's another job for Dr. Shah!!  He's gonna need a big set of pliers.

Now I like old stuff, but Eli might want to reconsider redecorating since all of his tenants are young guys.  The Arsenic and Old Lace decorating scheme he's got going on in his Rooms to Rent don't really fit Paul or Will.  I shudder to think what Will might do with a doily considering his, umm, focus on Paul these days......

Edited by boes
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:
10 hours ago, TeeVee329 said:

That said, as insta as their careers are, a PI and a journalist teaming up to solve a mystery - and possibly heading to bone-town along the way - is rather classically soapy.

the phrase "heading to bone-town" makes me laugh and laugh

• Love 9
11 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Kim and Shane got  horrific writing after Sherry  Anderson left the show.  Subsequent writers did everything to trash them.   It was just dreadful.  Kim and Shane divorced while she was heavily pregnant with Jeannie a.k.a Theresa.  Kim got involved with a psychopath Cal that made her think that Theresa was his baby.   Cal tricked Kim into shooting Shane, she thought that he was a burglar. Shane and Kayla dated.  They treated Kim like shit.  Shane was very cruel to Kim.  Kayla found out that Theresa was Shane's, but, kept quiet because she wanted to keep Shane for herself and for Shane to play daddy to Stefanie.. Steve was dead. Kim also dated Lawrence.  Another bad story.  The show did everything to trash Kim. 

Sherry came back to the show, broke up Shayla and did her best to repair the damage between Kim and Kayla.  Shane became paralyzed, after trying to detonate a bomb at the museum. Shane's paralysis was the story that had Shane dump Kayla for good.  Kayla later left town to join Kim and her kids in LA.  On the day that Kim came back to Salem,  Kim got hit by a drunk driver in front of Shane. The drunk driver was Roger Lombard, Stella's husband. Stella was the one that kidnapped Marlena and put her in that pit.   Kim was in a coma and Shane was by her side, never leaving her.   It was the story that was supposed to start the reconciliation between Kim and Shane. However, Kim was engaged to be married to another man, Philip and the car accident triggered Kim's dormant alternate personalities, Claire and Lacey to emerge..

Sherry Anderson had  Kim and Shane slowly repair their fractured relationship, as her alters, wreaked havoc in her life.  Kim's presence along with their children had a good effect on Shane, he started to slowly walk again.  His paralysis was psychosomatic.  Kim kept her mental deterioration a secret from Shane, but, he knew that something was off with her.   Kim and Shane became friends again, co-parenting their children, made peace with their past and parted as friends.  Kim vowed to never let her new husband displace Shane in the kids' lives and he wished her happiness with Philip. Philip and Shane liked each other and the children loved Philip.  Philip figured it out and one of Kim's alters, Claire, threatened to harm Kim, if he told people the truth about Kim's condition.  Fearing for the children's safety, he convinced Kim to send the children to Shane in England. Claire took over and deprived Kim the chance to tell her kids goodbye. She did not want Kim to change her mind about sending the kids away.  Eventually, Kim sought help, after one of her alters shot Roman in the head and almost killing him.  I remember a bittersweet scene where Kim apologized to Roman and he apologized, for not protecting her, from their Uncle Eric, who had molested  her for years.  Kim and Shane were apart for 18 years.  Kim was married to Philip, a Hollywood producer.  Dena reunited Kim and Shane in 2011, without any fanfare.. That is the one good thing that Dena did, in her years, on the show.

Edited by Apprentice79
Roger Lombard, not Steve Lombard
  • Love 6
21 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

I like Valerie in general, but not the past week or two.  She's really overstepping her boundary regarding Lani, and yesterday she broke the law by stealing her medical records!  So wrong, and as a doctor, I'm thinking she can lose her license?  She needs to butt out; she really is looking like the crazy wannabe grandmother that won't get off her kid's back.  

Lani, Paul, Claire... they all can go.  Vivian is annoying me already too, but I have a feeling that she might not be on long-term?

i agree about valerie but thinking as a mom, it would be very temping to do the same thing. your son comes first, if the truth is staring you in the face , go for it. especially when lani is a liar and valerie has figured it out. the fact that valerie hid her her sons parentage is another story, many women would do the same. lying liars or not..

vivian annoys me also and i also hope she is gone soon. i'm all for the older actors from years ago, but i never really liked her character. i could be wrong but she never had a good bone in her body as far as i remember. no redeeming qualities and the acting is very stage like. 

Edited by msrachelj
addition
  • Love 4

Apprentice79 : You have such a good memory when it comes to the show. I don't think I even remember my own family's history that well !!!  LOL.  I love reading all about the storylines I missed during my 2 decades away from the show. Some of it I'm sorry I missed, and some not so much. 

• Love 7
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Steve has some instant autoimmune condition? Surely the bloodwork (unless tampered with) will show some noxious substance in his system.

Oh so Steve actually has an autoimmune disease? I figured it was just that the poison John is giving him was making it look like he had that.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, buffynut said:

Apprentice79 : You have such a good memory when it comes to the show. I don't think I even remember my own family's history that well !!!  LOL.  I love reading all about the storylines I missed during my 2 decades away from the show. Some of it I'm sorry I missed, and some not so much. 

Ditto this.  Thank you, @Apprentice79 for the background!

2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

Oh so Steve actually has an autoimmune disease? I figured it was just that the poison John is giving him was making it look like he had that.

An autoimmune disorder is his diagnosis, but I'm with you - it's probably the poison giving him a false positive on his test results.

• Love 2

It's nice seeing Carrie back on screen.  I presume it's just a short visit, but still enjoy seeing her. I think I mentioned a bit upthread, one of the first Days episodes I remember watching was Anna dropping Carrie off at Roman's.  So it's cool seeing grownup Carrie with both her parents. 

I kinda thought Will & Paul's investigative teamwork would last a bit longer. Oh well, I'm sure Ron will find another way to get them crossing each other's paths.

Still intrigued by the stalker/lurker. If Joe M hadn't passed away, I would be sure it was Stefano. And I'm not totally convinced they aren't going to do a "we don't see his face" return, but don't actually expect that.  So I go back to it being Kristen.  Or maybe EJ, though since Sami's not around, he's probably not needed. So probably Kristen, since she was in Memphis. But since I don't know if ED filmed more shows after her Susan stint, I'm not sure. Then again, maybe it's Tony, since that would keep Thao employed.  Or a not really dead Andre. I love not knowing. That said, hopefully tomorrow's show will end with the reveal. LOL.

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 4

Vivian annoys me also and i also hope she is gone soon. i'm all for the older actors from years ago, but i never really liked her character. i could be wrong but she never had a good bone in her body as far as i remember. no redeeming qualities and the acting is very stage like. 

Her relationship with Yvon humanized her greatly. They were comedy relief, with her constantly playing the Grande Dame while getting wrapped up in Stefano and Kristen's messy schemes and becoming frazzled, while he openly pined for her and rolled his eyes as she chased after every wrong man. I'm really bummed they pushed Yvon out of her life and wrote her as a soulless villainess this time around. If you're not entirely loving her this time around, know this isn't Viv in all her glory. I think they only brought her back to intro Stupid Stefan and be eeeeevvooollll.

All the characters were much more complex and layered two decades ago. None of them - save perhaps Stefano on a really bad day - would just say "kill him!" with all the hesitation of ordering a second pizza. I really hate seeing wonderfully human characters like Kristen and Viv getting whittled down to "crazy evil murderers" by lazy writers.

That said, I'm loving all the hairstyles Viv has had. Today's veil was certainly smashing. I love that she would bother with something that extravagant just to show off at this farce of a funeral.

Obviously the best part of the show today was Carrie telling Hope and Rafe off. I just hate that rather than have Hope and Rafe accept the smackdown (and Carrie really go in for the kill) they had Carrie start crying like a weak girl just so Hope could look good and comfort her. Another transparent attempt on the part of the writers to shift focus away from Hope's incredibly shady history. And Carrie, as an attorney on a mission to save her parents, ain't going to cry and beg two incompetent officers for leniency. Come on now! Not buying it.

Thanks for the history lesson Apprentice! I knew none of that. Might explain how Theresa turned out so messed up...

• Love 5
55 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

I haven't had much exposure to Carrie, but her reading Hope and Rafe like a cheap paperback today kinda ruled, yes?

I'm loving this just for the sheer fact of it is nice to have someone stick up for Anna outside of Roman.  The Brady's have always had a holier than thou attitude toward Anna for some reason.  I've always disliked the way a lot of the characters have treated her over the years.  Anna is an "annoyance" to them until they need her and her connection to the Dimeras to help them.  Then it is always, "Anna we need you to help us, c'mon your Carrie's mother, a member of our family, we need you to use your place as a Dimera to help us."

I would also like to see Anna more incorporated into the Dimera family.  With Chad, Kate, and Abigail as the mainstays, I would love to see Anna in that mix.  She fits in way more with this particular Dimera family than the holier than thou Bradys. She also has way more history than Chad, Kate, and Abigail combined.

Another reason for Tony to come back ASAP.

• Love 4

Hi, Dad, nice to see you, too.  What do you mean what am I doing here?  I live here.

"Of course I asked you to kill your brother.  You have no idea how expensive it is to job it out."

Uh, no, Rafe, lying to the cops is not perjury.  Different thing altogether.

What is that weird clangy music playing during Paul and John's scenes at the diner?

Is there no officiant at this funeral?

For alleged Catholics, nobody ever breaks out a rosary.

• Love 5

I like Valerie in general, but not the past week or two.  She's really overstepping her boundary regarding Lani, and yesterday she broke the law by stealing her medical records!  So wrong, and as a doctor, I'm thinking she can lose her license?  She needs to butt out; she really is looking like the crazy wannabe grandmother that won't get off her kid's back.  

To me, it seems pretty clear that her guilt over Eli never getting the opportunity to know his father (because of her own lies) is what is motivating her behavior.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I'm loving this just for the sheer fact of it is nice to have someone stick up for Anna outside of Roman.  The Brady's have always had a holier than thou attitude toward Anna for some reason.  I've always disliked the way a lot of the characters have treated her over the years.  Anna is an "annoyance" to them until they need her and her connection to the Dimeras to help them.  Then it is always, "Anna we need you to help us, c'mon your Carrie's mother, a member of our family, we need you to use your place as a Dimera to help us."

I would also like to see Anna more incorporated into the Dimera family.  With Chad, Kate, and Abigail as the mainstays, I would love to see Anna in that mix.  She fits in way more with this particular Dimera family than the holier than thou Bradys. She also has way more history than Chad, Kate, and Abigail combined.

Another reason for Tony to come back ASAP.

To be fair, it was the fact that Anna basically abandon Carrie, to do her. She was not very maternal and had enough self-awareness to realize that Marlena and Roman could give Carrie what she needed, stability and a home.  Roman and Anna did not have a good ending in their youth. Anna did cause problems between Roman and Marlena. The Bradys were never holier than thou, just protective of Roman. People have blind spots for their families. The Bradys repudiated John after the affair with Marlena was revealed. They eventually forgave and moved on, but, it was never the same with John and Marlena, to a certain extent.

Anna hated the Dimeras, especially Renee, Andre and Stefano. She would never join that family. Plus, Anna is an outsider and she revels in it. She never cared what people said or thought about her. It is what made her a fascinating character. It is why she and Roman did not work out, they both wanted different things out of life. She wanted the fast life, free from responsibilities and Roman wanted a traditional family. Anna was not about that life.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

To be fair, it was the fact that Anna basically abandon Carrie, to do her. She was not very maternal and had enough self-awareness to realize that Marlena and Roman could give Carrie what she needed, stability and a home.  Roman and Anna did not have a good ending in their youth. Anna did cause problems between Roman and Marlena. The Bradys were never holier than thou, just protective of Roman. People have blind spots for their families. The Bradys repudiated John after the affair with Marlena was revealed. They eventually forgave and moved on, but, it was never the same with John and Marlena, to a certain extent.

Anna hated the Dimeras, especially Renee, Andre and Stefano. She would never join that family. Plus, Anna is an outsider and she revels in it. She never cared what people said or thought about her. It is what made her a fascinating character. It is why she and Roman did not work out, they both wanted different things out of life. She wanted the fast life, free from responsibilities and Roman wanted a traditional family. Anna was not about that life.

I was actually speaking more of Anna recently.  When Celeste brought her back to town during the Brady/Dimera war/Colleen and Santo storyline.  Her first scene in the Brady pub, Roman is ecstatic about seeing her and Sami is intrigued by her.  Other members including Marlena and Hope seemed rather annoyed that she was there.  That is until they realized Anna could help them, then she was family.

I know that Anna hated Renee, Andre, and Stefano rightfully, but because she was always more of a gray character, which is what allowed her to oscillate between the Brady and Dimera families without any permanent dominance put on her.  That is why I mentioned with Kate, Chad, and Abigail as the core unit of the Dimera family, Anna fits in a hell of a lot more with them than she does the Brady's who right or wrong never really appreciated her. 

I guess I just have a problem with the way that they are dismissive of her.  It's not that they are outright mean or that they have resentment against her over not being a great mom to Carrie, like I said it just comes off more holier than thou from a family that has their own issues.

For example, when Hope found out Anna could be a suspect in Andre's murder she actually had the nerve to say something about Anna having a gun, wanting Stefano dead last year in Prague, and how reckless she was.  Yes Hope, you certainly can't relate to wanting Stefano dead, feel he is responsible for your husband's murder,  and using a gun to kill him!!!!  That is the type of thing I'm talking about.  That and everyone's warning to Roman about helping Anna.  Yes Rafe and Hope, just like Roman helped you too cover up a murder. 

That is more the type of behavior I am talking about.

With that said, I have always appreciated Marlena's and Anna's very "sisterly/frenemy" relationship.  They can get annoyed with each other but you can see there is a lot of respect and genuine love between them. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I was actually speaking more of Anna recently.  When Celeste brought her back to town during the Brady/Dimera war/Colleen and Santo storyline.  Her first scene in the Brady pub, Roman is ecstatic about seeing her and Sami is intrigued by her.  Other members including Marlena and Hope seemed rather annoyed that she was there.  That is until they realized Anna could help them, then she was family.

I know that Anna hated Renee, Andre, and Stefano rightfully, but because she was always more of a gray character, which is what allowed her to oscillate between the Brady and Dimera families without any permanent dominance put on her.  That is why I mentioned with Kate, Chad, and Abigail as the core unit of the Dimera family, Anna fits in a hell of a lot more with them than she does the Brady's who right or wrong never really appreciated her. 

I guess I just have a problem with the way that they are dismissive of her.  It's not that they are outright mean or that they have resentment against her over not being a great mom to Carrie, like I said it just comes off more holier than thou from a family that has their own issues.

For example, when Hope found out Anna could be a suspect in Andre's murder she actually had the nerve to say something about Anna having a gun, wanting Stefano dead last year in Prague, and how reckless she was.  Yes Hope, you certainly can't relate to wanting Stefano dead, feel he is responsible for your husband's murder,  and using a gun to kill him!!!!  That is the type of thing I'm talking about.  That and everyone's warning to Roman about helping Anna.  Yes Rafe and Hope, just like Roman helped you too cover up a murder. 

That is more the type of behavior I am talking about.

With that said, I have always appreciated Marlena's and Anna's very "sisterly/frenemy" relationship.  They can get annoyed with each other but you can see there is a lot of respect and genuine love between them. 

Okay, I see what you mean. I did not like how the show treated Anna in Prague and I really hated how Austin treated her. Austin is no prize, his attitude was infuriating.  Anna carrying Tony's urn around just made her crazy. It would have made sense for her to plot against the Dimeras, to avenge Tony. Anna can fight dirty. I always wanted her and Kate to become friends. Anna and Tony were divine. Their reunion on that island was very moving and funny at the same time. 

I always liked the Marlena/Anna dynamic when it came Carrie. 

• Love 3
On ‎1‎/‎31‎/‎2018 at 1:49 PM, Lisa418722 said:

This is why I have fallen in love with her.  This is true soapy goodness.  She was so milquetoast before; now, she is showing backbone - sticking up for her son.  Her great outfit has given her the "balls" to help her son.  yeehaw

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

Okay, I see what you mean. I did not like how the show treated Anna in Prague and I really hated how Austin treated her. Austin is no prize, his attitude was infuriating.  Anna carrying Tony's urn around just made her crazy. It would have made sense for her to plot against the Dimeras, to avenge Tony. Anna can fight dirty. I always wanted her and Kate to become friends. Anna and Tony were divine. Their reunion on that island was very moving and funny at the same time. 

I always liked the Marlena/Anna dynamic when it came Carrie. 

I'm with you there on Anna and Kate becoming friends.  That is one of the reasons I want her incorporated into the Dimeras more.  Her and Kate really would get along.  I can even see her working for Kate at Countess Wilhemina or at Gabichic. 

• Love 5
On 1/31/2018 at 2:03 PM, buffynut said:

Is Days going to be pre-empted during the Olympics?

There are no pre-emptions planned for the Winter Olympics.

NBC plans to air Olympic coverage every weekday, live across the US, from 3PM-5PM ET (2-4P Central / 1-3P Mountain and 12N-2PM PT). 

If you live in the Eastern and Central time zones, it's likely your local NBC affiliate will keep DOOL in its regular slot.  A brief glance at some West Coast channels seem to have the show airing at 2PM (instead of 1PM), though some are airing it at 11A (LA/SD/PSprings/SF/Phoenix)

I did just notice that Sacramento KCRA doesn't have the show on its schedule.  It's also missing for Denver KUSA.

I used titantv . com to find listings.  You can plug in your zip code and see a schedule out until mid-February.

(FYI, most cable companies have DOOL on-demand.  Also, the NBC app usually has the most recent 30 episodes.)

Edited by SanDiegoInExile
  • Love 2

Will, you have no real evidence that John is poisoning anyone. Just suspicion. Paul, you too need to do a bit more investigating.

A rather odd funeral for Andre - no priest, no anything. Seems to be in some sort of mausoleum. Surely half of Salem would be gawking around to make sure he is dead-dead,

Nice to see Carrie again and giving Rafe some crap. So Sami told her about him?

Vivian looked striking with her fancy hat.

• Love 9

So, I'm all, "Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own goblet, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool; you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the wine in front of me..." with this wondering if Abby killed Andre stuff.

It's pretty much hammer time with all of the Abby loved Andre like Jesus loved all the little children. So, I'm thinking they are making her an obvious suspect, right? I mean with the recurring dream where he's about to totally cough up, "YOU!" in answer to her question. So, if it's that obvious then, she's just a red herring, right?  But then, I'm like, well, maybe they mean to make it obvious, so then you'll dismiss her as the murderer, and then in the end reveal a "Surprise! It really was her all along!"

Jeez. Look at me acting like they put some actual thought into this. Knowing this show, it'll end up being a Dimera intern.  Hell, he's probably not even really dead. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, buffynut said:

I've been focusing all my thoughts on who the stalker / letter writer is, so haven't really thought about the murderer. Hmmm...  Maybe it's the same person?!?!?

I think so. One of the regular callers on Dishin Days, Mike Reilly, gave a suggestion that it could be Hattie. I know she is supposed to be in prison, but could of got an early release for helping Adrienne. 

Or more likely Kristen. 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Or more likely Kristen. 

Ohhhhhh.  It's weird that we haven't seen her since she was being oddly erotic with the wall in Will's Memphis bedroom.  I suppose it makes sense that she's active in Salem but we aren't seeing her because some writer thinks it adds an air of mystery.  

• Love 3

Guys, do you think they will break up Rope? Or will they really marry them?

I don't want to watch them as a married couple - too depressing, too gross, too dull. I'm really in denial that they're even a couple. I tune out their dialogue and just keep hoping this whole plot will burn out without any fanfare. If Ron came on and had them breakup casually over a cup of coffee in his first episode, I'd have been fine.

Edit:

It's weird that we haven't seen her since she was being oddly erotic with the wall in Will's Memphis bedroom. 

LOL! Nicely worded there...

I don't think it's Kristen. That wouldn't be a big enough entrance for her to make. Remember, she's considered dead.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
38 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Ohhhhhh.  It's weird that we haven't seen her since she was being oddly erotic with the wall in Will's Memphis bedroom.  I suppose it makes sense that she's active in Salem but we aren't seeing her because some writer thinks it adds an air of mystery.  

If it is her, it is a clever way to have her "pullstrings" without having to show her, until they can get Eilleen back on set.  I have no reason to think it is Kristen just going through the people who hate Andre that we the viewers know; half of Salem, Hattie, Kristen.

• Love 5

How are you all feeling about Stefan O.?  So far, for me, he's dead on arrival.  He's even making Vivienne dull.

I don't buy him as a Dimera, or as some hotshot business guy.  He's just so lackluster.  Abby would really have to be off her rocker to be attracted to him.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Guys, do you think they will break up Rope? Or will they really marry them?

I don't want to watch them as a married couple - too depressing, too gross, too dull. I'm really in denial that they're even a couple. I tune out their dialogue and just keep hoping this whole plot will burn out without any fanfare. If Ron came on and had them breakup casually over a cup of coffee in his first episode, I'd have been fine.

They might be dull, but I don't really see how they are gross?  They are two good looking people, and neither one is nearly old enough to trigger my gag reflex.  

• Love 2

When Hattie makes an appearance it is a good day IMO. She makes me laugh and DH seems to like playing her. Her lines are much more interesting than Marlena's 90 percent of the time.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, boes said:

How are you all feeling about Stefan O.?  So far, for me, he's dead on arrival.  He's even making Vivienne dull.

I don't buy him as a Dimera, or as some hotshot business guy.  He's just so lackluster.  Abby would really have to be off her rocker to be attracted to him.

His hair has improved--the stupid shaved-sides thing is gone.

That said, TC is bringing a new level of stolid to the proceedings.

• Love 2

Abby is so annoying.  Her grief over Andre is vomitous.  Her poetry reading of Emerson for him was over the top and unnecessary.  I was expecting her to throw herself on his coffin, screaming that she wants to go with him too.. I don't remember her, this grief-stricken, over Jack, her dad, who sacrificed himself, to save her life.. I remember her encouraging Jennifer to chase after the orange one, before Jack's body was even cold in the ground.  I have never understood the show's fascination with this character.  

When was Will ever an investigative reporter?  He wrote articles for a tabloid magazine..

I love Carrie, always have and always will. I hope that she will  have some scenes with John, Marlena, Eric, Brady, Kayla and Will.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 12
36 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

When was Will ever an investigative reporter?  He wrote articles for a tabloid magazine..

Oh geez, he and Lulu from GH should start a Wholly Unqualified To Be An Investigative Reporter Club.

• Love 6