Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Yay - Marlena's townhouse is back!

And yay....Camilla found herself a Power Girl top. (Why do they tart up this character so much?)

JBC, castings/contracts are spoilers. Please abstain from those in this thread.

Lani can cry, but I'm still not convinced she can act. Maybe she's just using the Joey Tribbiani method...

Are Kate and Lucas EVER going to reunite with Will?!?

Will already seems to be crushing on Chad again.

I'm bummed Will is immediately back to shitting on Sami again...not my favorite dynamic. Yes, Mar is more calm but...I just don't like another woman getting verbal abuse. Sami is being very difficult, sure, but...sigh.

I guess I was hoping for a classic Jarlena On The Docks reunion for Will/Sami, Will/Kate, Will/Lucas and Will/Marlena. So far, the only one to get a bit of a special reunion with him is Mar. Paul of all people got the big reveal moment. Oy.

I think it is the fact that Sami is operating at 10 and everyone else is at a 2 that is creating such disparity. 

Yup. I see that too. This thing is happening a bit too fast honestly. Like they want "regular Will" back for December.

Really wish we had gotten an Ari subplot out of this whole Will storyline.

And Susan could have become close to Sami instead of blaming her for everything, they shared the same grief about Ej..for example, why not getting to know Ej's own children..who he loved dearly..you know Sami's children : Johnny and Sydney ..her own grandchildren..but nope..no 'soapy' enough for these writers..

Totally.

That was out of character.  Stefano has had many opportunities to harm her over the years and he never did.

Disagree. By the end of his life he had little use for Marlena/less of an obsession over her and was so grief-stricken over Kristen's death, I bought him wanting to avenge her 150%. Plus it was one of the show's best scenes this decade. ("Stefano..!!! NO! STEFANO!!!" *Marlena thrashes around in panic).

If anything it was out of character for him to come out of hiding just because Marlena went to a masquerade. (Or was that Shane in a mask the whole time?)

Can we *please* stop making up anecdotes about things characters did that were never seen on the show? Gabi, tell him about a memory we saw him make. 

I can't help but feel badly for Guy Wilson when I see that his face was photoshopped out of that Will/Ari picture they're showing today. It was also there at Will's funeral.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 6
18 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

That was out of character.  Stefano has had many opportunities to harm her  over the years and he never did.   

He always wanted to have her for himself, and didn't care whom he hurt or destroyed to win her affection or, if not her affection, then custody of her body -- that's not exactly acting in her interest. Stefano's selfish behaviour was always about using her to gratify himself. That counts as harm, if you ask me. He didn't want her to die, no. Did her choices or her physical or emotional well-being matter to him? Not even a little bit.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 2

Plus Stefano has kidnapped her, both of her husbands, and her twin children. He originally sent EJ to impregnate one of Brady women (with the chances being high that Sami would get picked) and expected the stem cell from his unborn grandchild even if Sami was not ready to give birth yet and using Andre to get those stems cells by any means necessary. 

• Love 3

Today was another gorgeously emotional day in Salem:)  My highlights:

Will's telling Marlena that he has a new favorite breakfast food and you could see her face dim slightly--well played DH

Will's angrily yelling at Sami and then pausing to explain that Susan meant a great deal to him and asking Sami not to trash her--very mature Will

Chad and Abby's beaming faces at seeing Will alive again and Chad's getting Will to smile by telling goofy stories

Gabi's being obviously overcome with emotion when she first sees Will--yes, he's the father of her child and they've always had a close bond but she was the person who discovered Will's body and I think that haunted her--CB conveyed that very well.

I liked that Will was a good sport with Chad and Abby but he knew that Gabi/Ariana meant more so his apology about disappointing her with his memory loss was gorgeously played by CM

I also loved seeing Sami and Roman visiting Abe and Theo--nice nod to history.

Not onto the not so good:  still not impressed by Lani, she is not a strong cop and it turns out, kind of a crappy girlfriend, but that doesn't surprise me.  She talks a good game but she immediately caves--seriously, she's an adult woman in her 20's and she's listening to her dad about not seeing JJ?

• Love 7
37 minutes ago, Sandman said:

He always wanted to have her for himself, and didn't care whom he hurt or destroyed to win her affection or, if not her affection, then custody of her body -- that's not exactly acting in her interest. Stefano's selfish behaviour was always about using her to gratify himself. That counts as harm, if you ask me. He didn't want her to die, no. Did her choices or her physical or emotional well-being matter to him? Not even a little bit.

I agree with you.  Don't get me wrong.   I never said that his fixation on Marlena was good or healthy.   He has harm her over the years psychologically and emotionally.  I was merely saying that he would never physically harm her.. There would be no fun in that. He enjoyed the games much more..

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Can we *please* stop making up anecdotes about things characters did that were never seen on the show? Gabi, tell him about a memory we saw him make. 

Wails heard from the writers' room: "But -- but, keeping track of fifty years of show history is, like, hard, and stuff! It's just so much easier making crap up as we go along!"

• Love 3
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Disagree. By the end of his life he had little use for Marlena/less of an obsession over her and was so grief-stricken over Kristen's death, I bought him wanting to avenge her 150%. Plus it was one of the show's best scenes this decade. ("Stefano..!!! NO! STEFANO!!!" *Marlena thrashes around in panic).

I disagree with you on Stefano having this great love for Kristen and wanting to avenge her. Why does Stefano tolerate Andre, when he killed Benjy and Renee. He loved those two more than Kristen...He actually agreed to give up custody of Benjy because he knew that he was toxic for him. This was back when Stefano had layers, even, as a villain.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Not onto the not so good:  still not impressed by Lani, she is not a strong cop and it turns out, kind of a crappy girlfriend, but that doesn't surprise me.  She talks a good game but she immediately caves--seriously, she's an adult woman in her 20's and she's listening to her dad about not seeing JJ?

Not to nitpick, and your point is definitely still valid, but I think Lani is actually in her 30s?  That makes her behavior worse, IMO.

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Not to nitpick, and your point is definitely still valid, but I think Lani is actually in her 30s?  That makes her behavior worse, IMO.

Oh man, I am hopeless at telling ages--it does make more sense for Lani to be in her early 30's and yes, that's even worse.  

32 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

If Lani is in her 30s, then she's way too old for JJ, who's barely into his 20s.

Could Lani be late 20's, say 28, and JJ's supposed to be 22 or 23?  But that's way too young to be a detective on the police force--man, I'm so confused by the characters ages!

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Could Lani be late 20's, say 28, and JJ's supposed to be 22 or 23?  But that's way too young to be a detective on the police force--man, I'm so confused by the characters ages!

I remember trying to do the math when she was introduced, and I think Abe had his relationship with her mother in 1986?  Not positive, but I remember thinking that she should be about 30 - too young (?) for Rafe, fine for Shawn-D, and too old for JJ (the three men she pursued).  I could be wrong but Abe was married to Lexie by 1991, so she has to be* 27 or older.

*Since soaps are notorious for never getting anyone's age correct, she doesn't "have to be" any age, but I'm just trying to think logically.

• Love 1
22 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

So are the writers.  At one time, these morons actually had Brady refer to Sami as his younger sister.  Of course, EM who plays Brady is older than AS who plays Sami, but Sami and Eric are older than Brady.

I'm disappointed that Will and Sami are immediately at odds with each other, and that there have been no scenes with Sami, Will, Lucas and Kate.

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, howmanywords said:

Arianna saying "daddy" upon seeing Will..oh the tears. CM's expression was perfect.

I liked it too, but, Ari would not know who he is. She was so young, when he died. There should be some hesitation on her part. Eric and Sami had a tough time, when Marlena came back from the dead. They were bonded firmly to Isabella, Carrie and Rojohn. 

• Love 2

"I never meant to shoot you."  Really, JJ, just whom did you mean to shoot?

Hey, Marlena's place is back. She must have a gigantic place if she can't hear the doorbell from wherever she was.

If Will is overcome with too many people already, he's going to go catatonic if he goes to the Horton family Christmas party.

It's ridiculous that Brandon isn't there  by Theo's side, or even being mentioned.

I can't wait till Sami slaps Abby again.  :)

Are we supposed to be feeling sympathy for Abe?  Because right now he's just a dick.

1 minute ago, Apprentice79 said:

I liked it too, but, Ari would not know who he is. She was so young, when he died. There should be some hesitation on her part. Eric and Sami had a tough time, when Marlena came back from the dead. They were bonded firmly to Isabella, Carrie and Rojohn. 

Sonny and Gabi have pics of him all over the place and are always showing them to her and talking about him to her.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Your pretty correct on the ages and also correct to be confused because they don't make sense.  JJ has been SORASED slightly by a couple of years so he is about 22/23.  Lani should be late 20's early 30's by now.  I don't know if the age difference has ever come up with them but the writer's sort of write JJ as Casey's age which is mid twenties.  Hence the detective title when he hasn't even been on the force that long. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Your pretty correct on the ages and also correct to be confused because they don't make sense.  JJ has been SORASED slightly by a couple of years so he is about 22/23.  Lani should be late 20's early 30's by now.  I don't know if the age difference has ever come up with them but the writer's sort of write JJ as Casey's age which is mid twenties.  Hence the detective title when he hasn't even been on the force that long. 

Plus, you have Theo that was born before JJ..lol

• Love 2
46 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

"I never meant to shoot you."  Really, JJ, just whom did you mean to shoot?

Hey, Marlena's place is back. She must have a gigantic place if she can't hear the doorbell from wherever she was.

If Will is overcome with too many people already, he's going to go catatonic if he goes to the Horton family Christmas party.

It's ridiculous that Brandon isn't there  by Theo's side, or even being mentioned.

I can't wait till Sami slaps Abby again.  :)

Are we supposed to be feeling sympathy for Abe?  Because right now he's just a dick.

Sonny and Gabi have pics of him all over the place and are always showing them to her and talking about him to her.

Abby: Will insisted we stay for breakfast.

Here is where I wanted Sami to say to Abby, did he reminisce about your affair with him?  Cause Will has EJ's memories, so he should remember that significant event.  Sami was remarkably chill with her though.

• Love 4
14 minutes ago, bannana said:

Abby: Will insisted we stay for breakfast.

Here is where I wanted Sami to say to Abby, did he reminisce about your affair with him?  Cause Will has EJ's memories, so he should remember that significant event.  Sami was remarkably chill with her though.

Actually Will doesn't have any of EJ's memories.  Susan just manipulated him into thinking that he was EJ.  You're right in the sense that he should have "stories" of who EJ is but he doesn't have any memories.  Although it doesn't seem like Susan was giving him many details, just the basics. I doubt Susan would of filled him in on Abby.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Actually Will doesn't have any of EJ's memories.  Susan just manipulated him into thinking that he was EJ.  You're right in the sense that he should have "stories" of who EJ is but he doesn't have any memories.  Although it doesn't seem like Susan was giving him many details, just the basics. I doubt Susan would of filled him in on Abby.

That's too bad. I would have relished Abby having to face that awkward reality.

• Love 4

Abby: Will insisted we stay for breakfast.

Sami: Did he reminisce about your affair with him? 

I would have hooted and cheered that to high heaven!

I hope Sami always throws shade at Abby. And Kudos to the writers for having Abby pat herself on the back so openly like that. A very Abby thing to do.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Abe is approaching Nicole territory.  And by that, I mean when she was screaming hysterically at Eric over Daniel.  Or to dip into primetime, Laurel "Go Cry Somewhere Else" Castillo on How to Get Away with Murder screaming at a whole church of mourners over her boyfriend, Wes (on whom, by the way, she cheated and possibly got pregnant with another man's baby).  He's starting to act like he's the only one allowed to be sad for Theo and that he's the one who can decide who can grieve and commiserate over his condition.  Just like Nicole over Daniel, and just like Laurel over Wes.  Neither of them realized that others were suffering, too, and made things all about their suffering.  Abe is only taking his and Lani's suffering into account and not realizing that J.J. could be suffering, too.

• Love 1

I hate to jinx it, but, DANG!, the show is really good right now. 

I know that Will has to be a dick to the one person that craves his recognition and love the most for dramatic purposes. I just want someone to say, "Look, I know you've had a shock, BUT STOP BEING A DICK TO YOUR REAL MOTHER!" It's kind of shitty that he realizes Susan was a crazy person who stole his ass and lied to him and he still has more consideration for how she is doing and feeling than the teary blonde lady who lost him. 

Man, I wish they'd go for JJ and Gabi again. I keep hope alive when they throw me little scenes like today's. It's nice that someone outside of JJ's mother and sister give a crap about how he's feeling in this mess. 

The Gabi and Will reunion scenes were so well done. 

Also, and maybe it's because I don't automatically think JJ is the only one at fault for the shooting, but if I was Abby, I would have told Chad to take off without me, I'll be going to see my brother. 

Damn, Abby, that was cold. There is no love lost between her and Sami, for sure. 

• Love 8

I doubt most rookie cops with a year or two police experience get turned in to a detective. Here it is at least 10 years regular cop experience before you can be considered for such a job. JJ would have had to be an exemplary cop to get promoted so young.

Sami, you can dial it down a bit with 'Will'. He does not know you. Give him a little space to come around. He's overwhelmed and confused. Heck, he may not want to remember his old life.

Lani, you met your biological father as an adult and can have an adult relationship - with boundaries - with him.  Unless he is paying your rent and bills, you are responsible for your life choices. It's a tough place you are in. Right now, Abe is making it all about him, and that is fine - to a point. Other people are also hurting. Abby, you could have left your husband for an hour or two to visit your brother.

• Love 4

Really loved the Sami and Abe scenes.  I remember when Sami used to call him "Uncle Abe".  Really enjoying Chandler and how he is playing amnesiac Will.  His playing with Abby over the strawberries was Classic Will.  Will and Gaby have always had amazing chemistry as friends/family/co-parents.  In real life I know Chandler and Camilla are really close and that always comes across on screen.  I like the idea of Will being excited by these people even if he doesn't remember them.

The only drawback is we are missing the Kate and Lucas scenes.  You're telling me Marlena hasn't called Kate and told her personally?  Or that Chad didn't run upstairs at the Dimera mansion and bang on Kate's door?  This is the one piece that is glaringly missing.

• Love 8

Hopefully the first thing we see in the next episode is Kate and Lucas preparing to meet Will again. It would probably still even be the same day.

I also loved seeing Sami and Roman visiting Abe and Theo--nice nod to history.

What history? Anything specific?

I realize time passes differently on this show but it seems like every "day" that they've pointed out is a day of some significance. It feels like we only had about six "days" in the last few weeks and they were the double wedding day, Sami and Eric's shared birthday, Halloween, Lani's birthday, Will's birthday and now Thanksgiving. The dates obviously aren't that sequential...ahh soap reality.

As critical as I still am of the show, I have to say the last two months or so were better than the six prior by a mile.

I can't believe how much time we spent watching the poorly plotted adventures of Nicole and Brady and Deimos this year. And don't even get me started on the epic romance of Paul & Sonny and the passionate triangle of Abigail/Chad/Gabi. Pretty much the only thing I had to look forward to was Eric's plotline.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Hopefully the first thing we see in the next episode is Kate and Lucas preparing to meet Will again. It would probably still even be the same day.

I realize time passes differently on this show but it seems like every "day" that they've pointed out is a day of some significance. It feels like we only had about six "days" in the last few weeks and they were the double wedding day, Sami and Eric's shared birthday, Halloween, Lani's birthday, Will's birthday and now Thanksgiving. The dates just don't line up.

I don't think the poster was referring to anything specific, just the notion that Abe, Sami, and Roman used to share a lot of scenes together in the history of the show because Abe and Roman were best friends/partners and the families were really close.  I mentioned this in my post but Sami used to call Abe, Uncle Abe for most of her life. 

• Love 3
55 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I don't think the poster was referring to anything specific, just the notion that Abe, Sami, and Roman used to share a lot of scenes together in the history of the show because Abe and Roman were best friends/partners and the families were really close.  I mentioned this in my post but Sami used to call Abe, Uncle Abe for most of her life. 

Abe was also close and best friends with Rojohn. If anything, it was during the Rojohn years that Sami and Eric bonded with Abe. I think it is odd, with Theo, in the hospital that Abe has not mentioned the original Theo, his brother, who ironically, was also shot himself, by a cop.  A cop that Marlena dated.  A man that Marlena dated briefly, after Roman died and shortly, before John came into her life.  Theo was a cop, Bo's partner and they were super close.    Abe and his family have always been close to the Brady family..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I realize time passes differently on this show but it seems like every "day" that they've pointed out is a day of some significance. It feels like we only had about six "days" in the last few weeks and they were the double wedding day, Sami and Eric's shared birthday, Halloween, Lani's birthday, Will's birthday and now Thanksgiving. The dates obviously aren't that sequential...ahh soap reality.

As critical as I still am of the show, I have to say the last two months or so were better than the six prior by a mile.

I can't believe how much time we spent watching the poorly plotted adventures of Nicole and Brady and Deimos this year. And don't even get me started on the epic romance of Paul & Sonny and the passionate triangle of Abigail/Chad/Gabi. Pretty much the only thing I had to look forward to was Eric's plotline.

This used to bug me about soaps, that a day could last weeks, but now on YandR they are cramming a day into an episode.  It has really affected the narrative and things don't make a lot of sense.  I much prefer this dragged out approach, where you get to see the reactions of all the players, rather than just the ones they could afford to cram into one episode.  I too hope that Lucas and Kate will know about Will, "today".  They should have been told already though. 

• Love 3
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Good point about the "days" on Days. 

Tuesday's episode was Will's birthday. And yesterday's show was Thanksgiving.  But Google tells me Will was born on Nov 16,  and Google also tells me the earliest Thanksgiving can fall on is Nov. 22.  So at least 6 days have passed from Tuesday to Wednesday's show?  Obviously not.  Otherwise Theo was shot nearly a week ago, and I'm pretty sure they're playing it like it was just the night before.

Anyway, I do hope by the time the show comes back on Monday it's either no longer Thanksgiving, which I doubt as we haven't seen Julie's shindig yet, or at the very least they have Abe tone down his outbursts, because I'm getting very tired of Angry Abe.

On the other hand, except for some of his outbursts at Sami, I'm really liking this version of Will.  So it was a bit odd to actually like the 2 actors when Will and Abby were together, as opposed to the KM & GW versions of whom I didn't like either. 

I like JJ & Lani together, but if the Theo shooting breaks them up, I'd be fine with JJ & Gabi getting back together, and Lani & Eli becoming a couple.

I know I enjoyed aspects of storylines with all the different writer combinations the past 3 years, but I do think Ron's stories involving the families we know and love is 100 times better than bringing in new characters we don't know, and giving them huge storylines before eventually firing them. 

Yes, Deimos I'm referring to you. And Summer. And any other characters who hogged screentime, then were fired. 

But I will forever be grateful to whichever writer killed Daniel, even though we had to hear about him for a year after his death. I truly hope Daniel's heart now beating in Brady's chest means there's no way he can be brought back to life.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, buffynut said:

Good point about the "days" on Days. 

Tuesday's episode was Will's birthday. And yesterday's show was Thanksgiving.  But Google tells me Will was born on Nov 16,  and Google also tells me the earliest Thanksgiving can fall on is Nov. 22.  So at least 6 days have passed from Tuesday to Wednesday's show?  Obviously not.  Otherwise Theo was shot nearly a week ago, and I'm pretty sure they're playing it like it was just the night before.

Anyway, I do hope by the time the show comes back on Monday it's either no longer Thanksgiving, which I doubt as we haven't seen Julie's shindig yet, or at the very least they have Abe tone down his outbursts, because I'm getting very tired of Angry Abe.

On the other hand, except for some of his outbursts at Sami, I'm really liking this version of Will.  So it was a bit odd to actually like the 2 actors when Will and Abby were together, as opposed to the KM & GW versions of whom I didn't like either. 

I like JJ & Lani together, but if the Theo shooting breaks them up, I'd be fine with JJ & Gabi getting back together, and Lani & Eli becoming a couple.

I know I enjoyed aspects of storylines with all the different writer combinations the past 3 years, but I do think Ron's stories involving the families we know and love is 100 times better than bringing in new characters we don't know, and giving them huge storylines before eventually firing them. 

Yes, Deimos I'm referring to you. And Summer. And any other characters who hogged screentime, then were fired. 

But I will forever be grateful to whichever writer killed Daniel, even though we had to hear about him for a year after his death. I truly hope Daniel's heart now beating in Brady's chest means there's no way he can be brought back to life.

Regarding Daniel, you never know.  Jack was dead and Jennifer donated his organs and he still came back from the dead, Lol.

I forgot to mention this earlier but props to the poster who mentioned the storyline of Abe shooting Brady when he was younger and the fall out from that storyline.  I really do hope that it gets mentioned and brought up during this one.  Abe needs to be reminded that it wasn't that long ago that he was in a similar position to JJ.  Now that storyline was a tad more complex with John blaming Roman and Marlena for the majority of the shooting.  

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Regarding Daniel, you never know.  Jack was dead and Jennifer donated his organs and he still came back from the dead, Lol.

I forgot to mention this earlier but props to the poster who mentioned the storyline of Abe shooting Brady when he was younger and the fall out from that storyline.  I really do hope that it gets mentioned and brought up during this one.  Abe needs to be reminded that it wasn't that long ago that he was in a similar position to JJ.  Now that storyline was a tad more complex with John blaming Roman and Marlena for the majority of the shooting.  

Abe also shot the bad cop, the police chief, at the time, who Marlena briefly dated.   That guy was also on Victor's payroll,  killed his brother, Theo, Hope's partner, other people and tried to kill Bo and Hope. He was presented as a good guy and he had great chemistry with Marlena.  They were good together.  Once he was revealed to be a bad guy and was working with Savannah.  Abe killed him in self-defense. However, It still affected Marlena because she started to really fall for that guy, after losing Roman.  Plus, Abe really felt guilty about hurting Marlena and leaving a kid without his father.. I am hoping that Sherry who wrote that story will tell Ron to include this in the current shooting story.   This show has such a rich history and it astounds me that the writers don't use it to give their current stories, more gravitas..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I'm willing to cut Abe some slack over his abruptness--his grief and anger over Theo's shooting has only been about a week whereas we had to sit through months of Nicole's wailing about Daniel and being overtly nasty to Eric--now if he's still acting like a jerk to everyone in January, then I'll start likening him to Nicole :)

And just as a real life note, I hope everyone who celebrates has a Happy Thanksgiving, and if you don't, please have a Happy Thursday :):)

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Ugh, ugh ugh.  I am in a huge argument with people on another message board talking about "Oh, wouldn't it be so wonderful if Will forgot he was gay and got back together with Gabi?"  I want to puke.

"Forgot he was gay".  SMH!!!  As much as we disagree on this board I'm thankful we don't have these comments here.  Enjoy the day everyone. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

"Forgot he was gay".  SMH!!!  As much as we disagree on this board I'm thankful we don't have these comments here.  Enjoy the day everyone. 

Not on this board, no, but my mother is, sadly, one of those people.  Sigh.

Anyway, happy Thanksgiving!

• Love 1
13 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

wouldn't it be so wonderful if Will forgot he was gay and got back together with Gabi?"  I want to puke

Why is that puke-worthy?  Would it be so wrong if he felt strongly for Gabi?  Maybe some deep hidden feelings coming to the surface? He really liked her...enough for him to sleep with her before he announced he was gay.

Star Aristille...I'm with your Mom. Shit happens on the soaps. I'd love to see Will & Gabi together raising Arianna.

1 hour ago, MsTree said:

Why is that puke-worthy?  Would it be so wrong if he felt strongly for Gabi?  Maybe some deep hidden feelings coming to the surface? He really liked her...enough for him to sleep with her before he announced he was gay.

Star Aristille...I'm with your Mom. Shit happens on the soaps. I'd love to see Will & Gabi together raising Arianna.

It's puke-worthy because it reeks of homophobia.

And I would not love that, because it just takes away one of the biggest self-discoveries of Will's life and makes one of its biggest stories irrelevant and meaningless.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, MsTree said:

Well spoke too soon!!!  It's puke-worthy because you can't "forget" that your gay.  I thought it has always been clear that Will's feelings for Gabi weren't exactly sexual.  They were more about comfort and confusion and the fact that he felt safe with Gabi because above everything they were/are best friends.  Will and Gabi's journey is not that unique to what a lot of gay men go through as they are sorting out and coming to terms with their sexuality. 

Will sleeping with Gabi was not about "heterosexual desire". 

I'm curious what about Will and Gabi as best friends/co-parents is missing that you would like to see them "together"?  Personally I think they are doing just fine. 

• Love 9
23 minutes ago, msrachelj said:

not a bad show .

one thing that was stuck in my mind as crazy was marlena not having any first aid supplies, even a band-aid in the house! she had to take arianna down to the car to get her medical bag?!

Lol, that has been annoying me also!!!!  Once it happened it immediately took me out of the scene.  I understand that they needed Ari out of the room but they could of found a smoother way of doing it.  The Lollipop/candy in the car would of sufficed. Evan a "Will is finishing showering, I'll take Ari to the kitchen for a snack in the meantime" would of been fine.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Well spoke too soon!!!  It's puke-worthy because you can't "forget" that your gay.  I thought it has always been clear that Will's feelings for Gabi weren't exactly sexual.  They were more about comfort and confusion and the fact that he felt safe with Gabi because above everything they were/are best friends.  Will and Gabi's journey is not that unique to what a lot of gay men go through as they are sorting out and coming to terms with their sexuality. 

Will sleeping with Gabi was not about "heterosexual desire". 

I'm curious what about Will and Gabi as best friends/co-parents is missing that you would like to see them "together"?  Personally I think they are doing just fine. 

It's a soap, anything goes, though. Hope was brainwashed into becoming Princess Gina. How did Hope develop the necessary skills to become a  successful thief, during her missing years.. It was a stupid storyline, but, to enjoy it, you had to suspend disbelief.  Some fans loved it and some hated it.  I hated that story because it began the character assassination of Hope, that got worst, as the years progressed, but, I digress..We cannot always put real world scenarios in a soap.  It doesn't surprise me that Gabi and Will have fans that want them together.  Chandler always had more chemistry with Camilla than Freddie. He also had chemistry with James Scott and the original Chad.  They also had their fans.  Ron would not have Susan brainwash Will to be straight, because, it would cause a backlash.. The show does not need to alienate fans. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

It's a soap, anything goes, though. Hope was brainwashed into becoming Princess Gina. How did Hope develop the necessary skills to become a  successful thief, during her missing years.. It was a stupid storyline, but, to enjoy it, you had to suspend disbelief.  Some fans loved it and some hated it.  I hated that story because it began the character assassination of Hope, that got worst, as the years progressed, but, I digress..We cannot always put real world scenarios in a soap.  It doesn't surprise me that Gabi and Will have fans that want them together.  Chandler always had more chemistry with Camilla than Freddie. He also had chemistry with James Scott and the original Chad.  They also had their fans.  Ron would not have Susan brainwash Will to be straight, because, it would cause a backlash.. The show does not need to alienate fans. 

Oh, I can definitely see that.  I guess my issue was with the idea of "forgetting to be gay" as if it was a minor personality trait.  We don't ponder those questions when it happens to the straight characters.  Also there is this underlying idea that the reason a lot of the gay characters were shelved a few years ago was because some audiences had an issue with them.  So we had Will killed off, Sonny left town, and Paul wore a chastity belt.

Now we have the gay characters back and in front burner storylines, so the idea of turning them "straight" just sort of rubs me the wrong way and sort of contributes to the idea that it's not so far fetched. 

I completely see the chemistry between Will and Gabi but I don't read it as sexual.  I see it as two best friends who respect and love each other.  Days used to be great at friendships and they have gone completely to the waste side.  Especially those between the opposite sex. 

But to each their own I guess, everyone has their fans. 

• Love 7

I completely see the chemistry between Will and Gabi but I don't read it as sexual.  I see it as two best friends who respect and love each other.  Days used to be great at friendships and they have gone completely to the waste side.  Especially those between the opposite sex. 

I think when Will and Gabi conceived Arianna, they had a ton of chemistry but that has everything to do with the actors, not the characters. The character of Will was written to be as gay, not bisexual or even bi-curious, The show shouldn't give into the demands by a select group of the audience. They shouldn't do it for their other storylines, nor for the ones that they should actually be proud of (Will's coming out storyline)

• Love 4
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

Oh, I can definitely see that.  I guess my issue was with the idea of "forgetting to be gay" as if it was a minor personality trait.  We don't ponder those questions when it happens to the straight characters.  Also there is this underlying idea that the reason a lot of the gay characters were shelved a few years ago was because some audiences had an issue with them.  So we had Will killed off, Sonny left town, and Paul wore a chastity belt.

Now we have the gay characters back and in front burner storylines, so the idea of turning them "straight" just sort of rubs me the wrong way and sort of contributes to the idea that it's not so far fetched. 

But to each their own I guess, everyone has their fans. 

I did not say it was right. It all depends on your perspective. I remember fans being divided about Will's death being homophobic. Some said that it was and some said that it wasn't and why should Will being Gay mean he should get a pass from being killed off and that the show was brave in killing off an important legacy character like Will.. Furthermore,  Paige and Serena were killed off in a vicious manner  as well and that it was not misogyny on the show's part. They were just telling a story and we should not read more into it. People on many different message boards were saying that.. I always felt that it was homophobic, I was told that I was reading too much into it as well.  I got blasted on here for even saying that. 

The show used to be great at friendships.  The show used to be good at a lot of things, unfortunately, that is no longer true.

Marlena/Eugene, Bo/Eugene, Bo/Theo, Bo/Steve, Bo/Alice, Jack/Isabella, Melissa/Hope, Carly/Jennifer and Kim/Neil were my favorite friendships on the show. 

Honorable mention to: Marlena/Renee, Kate/Jack, Lumi, Celeste/ Caroline, Carrie/Billie, Abigail/Nick, Chelsea/Stefanie and Billie/Jennifer/Kristen.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I did not say it was right. It all depends on your perspective. I remember fans being divided about Will's death being homophobic. Some said that it was and some said that it wasn't and why should Will being Gay mean he should get a pass from being killed off and that the show was brave in killing off an important legacy character like Will.. Furthermore,  Paige and Serena were killed off in a vicious manner  as well and that it was not misogyny on the show's part. They were just telling a story and we should not read more into it. People on many different message boards were saying that.. I always felt that it was homophobic, I was told that I was reading too much into it as well.  I got blasted on here for even saying that. 

The show used to be great at friendships.  The show used to be good at a lot of things, unfortunately, that is no longer true.

Marlena/Eugene, Bo/Eugene, Bo/Theo, Bo/Steve, Bo/Alice, Jack/Isabella, Melissa/Hope, Carly/Jennifer and Kim/Neil were my favorite friendships on the show.  I also liked Kate/Jack, Lumi, Celeste/ Caroline, Carrie/Billie and Billie/Jennifer/Kristen.

Oh, please don't misunderstand me.  I wasn't implying that you thought it was right.  My statement "Oh, I can definitely see that" was in response that I agree with you that there are those fans out there. I may not agree with them but I can recognize their existence. 

Like you, I am one of those that thought Will being killed off was "homophobic" or at least in response to backlash that was rooted in homophobia.  That is why the idea of having the gay characters back only to "turn" them like I said rubs me the wrong way.  Not that there is any evidence of that happening but not so far fetched. 

Anyway, to end this on a positive note.  I'm glad that Will is back and we have hit a reset button with him so to speak. One that hopefully will fuel some great storylines moving forward. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Oh, please don't misunderstand me.  I wasn't implying that you thought it was right.  My statement "Oh, I can definitely see that" was in response that I agree with you that there are those fans out there. I may not agree with them but I can recognize their existence. 

Like you, I am one of those that thought Will being killed off was "homophobic" or at least in response to backlash that was rooted in homophobia.  That is why the idea of having the gay characters back only to "turn" them like I said rubs me the wrong way.  Not that there is any evidence of that happening but not so far fetched. 

Anyway, to end this on a positive note.  I'm glad that Will is back and we have hit a reset button with him so to speak. One that hopefully will fuel some great storylines moving forward. 

Same here,  I am happy that he is back.   Wilson was the reason why I continued watching the show, after the show killed off Jack, Nicole's second baby and elevated Taniel, to sainthood.  

• Love 3

All of the Marlena and WIll scenes were fantastic.  DH and CM are still fabulous together.  

I wish the show had not cut whatever scenes there were leading up to Sami being comforted by John.  I like when the show acknowledges that John was Sami’s father during her formative years.  When Marlena and Roman came back, Sami did not go with her biological parents easily and shortly thereafter, she and Erick were shipped off.

Why am I not surprised by the amount of ”Awe poor JJ, F’ Abe” sentiments I’m seeing .  Don’t worry Theo will soon be an afterthought, Abe will once again be relegated to the background and Lani will be out of your favs orbit soon enough - Days never changes on matters of race and Ron is just the guy to carry on their vision.

• Love 5