Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I hadn't thought of how close Will and Chad used to be. Good point.

I missed the 'Nonno' reference. When did that happen?

The only time I remember hearing it was when Marlena was failing to talk Stefano out of throwing her out the window of Kristen's Italian castle. (God, I loved that cliffhanger!)

57 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

After the Mia craziness, they were super close. It actually pissed me off when they made out like it was Sonny/Chad that were BFFs just because they started the business(es) together. No. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Loving the Kate and Theo scenes.  So glad that we are getting more of that.  They were very close when Theo was a child and Kate and Celeste are the only grandmothers he has known.  Loved the "No-No" reference.  Young Theo loved him some "Kate and No-No".   This is one thing Ron is getting right for me, despite the Susan plot (which I'm hating so far, this is not Susan), he has been bringing relationships to the forefront.  Kate and Theo.  Maggie being concerned about Lucas again.  Now that Daniel is gone I'm so glad we are seeing the Maggie/Lucas relationship again.

I have never understood why Abe allowed Theo to even have a relationship with Stefano and the rest of the Dimeras.  I always found that odd and out of character. Stefano was an evil, despicable man and Abe witnessed everything that he did against the Bradys.  As far as I am concerned, Abe is a member of the Brady family.  Theo should not have been close to Stefano. Everybody that gets near him gets destroyed one way or another. Renee, Megan, Tony, Lexie, Kristen, Benji and Peter all paid a price for being close to him. I would imagine that Abe would protect his son from that bastard. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
12 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Tripp and Claire are charming together and I find myself smiling during their scenes.  I wonder what sort of drama Ron has planned for them :)

Tripp putting a scalpel to Kayla's throat, killed whatever potential that he had. Given that Kayla and Bo were very close, I don't like the idea of Tripp being with Bo's granddaughter. Unless, Ron intends to confront Tripp's treacherous behavior and deal with the fallout.  I don't see how Tripp can ever be a viable character.  I can't stop remembering how he threw Kayla on the floor like she was garbage, after he decided not to kill her.   A woman who gave him love and acceptance, despite, the fact that his mother Ava  tried to destroy her numerous times and killed her father.. Plus, Tripp trying to kill Kayla was Dena's story that Ron did not change at all.  He said that he made no changes to that. That lets me know that he has no interest in writing for Steve and Kayla. He could have changed Dena's story about Tripp, but, he did not care to do anything to rewrite it to mitigate his actions against Kayla..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Tripp putting a scalpel to Kayla's throat, killed whatever potential that he had.

I don't agree.  And I won't agree.  I think he can be salvaged from that.  Easily.  Several other characters have done worse than just a simple scalpel to the throat and been redeemed.  So why can't Tripp?

Oh, right.  Because it was to Kayla he did it.  I thought so.

• Love 1
14 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

Tripp and Claire are charming together and I find myself smiling during their scenes.

14 hours ago, buffynut said:

I'm liking Claire and Tripp, as well. They're the first teen couple that actually shows a bit of chemistry. 

I've been skipping their scenes, but maybe I should take a look at them. It's just that the Tripp actor has a very creepy smile imo and I can barely stand to listen to the Claire actress' voice. What can I say, I'm shallow!

13 hours ago, tribeca said:

Paul took so long answering John and Marlena about who he saw in the bar.   The look on johns face made me think he knew Paul wasn’t being totally honest.  

I thought the same thing.

7 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Loving the Kate and Theo scenes.

Me too. I'm enjoying the hell outta those two together.

1 hour ago, Star Aristille said:

I don't agree.  And I won't agree.  I think he can be salvaged from that.  Easily.  Several other characters have done worse than just a simple scalpel to the throat and been redeemed.  So why can't Tripp?

I didn't actually see the story in question, but from reading about it I agree that Tripp could easily be salvaged. They'd have to actually try though and from what I'm reading it sounds like they're just glossing over it. But I don't watch Tripp scenes so maybe I'm off lol.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, msrachelj said:

"nonno" is italian for grandfather. :)

Oh I know, :)  I just didn't know the proper spelling of it. Thank you.

2 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I missed the 'Nonno' reference. When did that happen?

The only time I remember hearing it was when Marlena was failing to talk Stefano out of throwing her out the window of Kristen's Italian castle. (God, I loved that cliffhanger!)

Kate referenced it when trying to convince Theo to help her at the Dimera mansion. 

1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

After the Mia craziness, they were super close. It actually pissed me off when they made out like it was Sonny/Chad that were BFFs just because they started the business(es) together. No. 

Amen. I hate how they tried to swap them out. I don't mind Sonny and Chad as friends, they actually are very sweet together, but Will and Chad are the ones we saw over the years as best friends. It was like when they replaced Casey with Billy, they switched out Sonny and Will for Chad's best friend. Which was weird because Chad's paternity reveal was so tied to the fact that he was Will's best friend and how much that terrified Madeline. 

1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I have never understood why Abe allowed Theo to even have a relationship with Stefano and the rest of the Dimeras.  I always found that odd and out of character. Stefano was an evil, despicable man and Abe witnessed everything that he did against the Bradys.  As far as I am concerned, Abe is a member of the Brady family.  Theo should not have been close to Stefano. Everybody that gets near him gets destroyed one way or another. Renee, Megan, Tony, Lexie, Kristen, Benji and Peter all paid a price for being close to him. I would imagine that Abe would protect his son from that bastard. 

I actually think that Abe over the years has really had to compromise his relationship with the Dimeras. Like it or not as long as he chose to stay with Lexie they were family. I also think that Abe respected Lexie's stance that she was able to come to a happy medium on how she didn't condone their actions, but that she also wasn't willing to cut Stefano, EJ, and Tony out of her life. I also think now he wants to honor Lexie by not being so strident in his disaproval of Theo being so involved. 

Deep down I think that Abe for the most part has always been ok with Kate and Chad and knows how much they love Theo so it makes it a little easier that the landscape of the Dimeras has changed. I think Andre is the only real worry he has. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I actually think that Abe over the years has really had to compromise his relationship with the Dimeras. Like it or not as long as he chose to stay with Lexie they were family. I also think that Abe respected Lexie's stance that she was able to come to a happy medium on how she didn't condone their actions, but that she also wasn't willing to cut Stefano, EJ, and Tony out of her life. I also think now he wants to honor Lexie by not being so strident in his disaproval of Theo being so involved. 

Deep down I think that Abe for the most part has always been ok with Kate and Chad and knows how much they love Theo so it makes it a little easier that the landscape of the Dimeras has changed. I think Andre is the only real worry he has. 

True, but Lexie has been dead for years, if we take into account of Theo being aged.  Abe is his only parent, he does not have to follow Lexie's wishes, if he feels that The Dimeras are dangerous to Theo's well-being.  Not all members of one's family are good to be around.  Theo is autistic and the Dimeras could take advantage of that for their plans. Look at how Kate is being super irresponsible in involving Theo in her plans.  Kate should know better.  Plus, Kate should be with Lumi looking for Will.  She loved that boy more than her own children.  She tried to kill Sami to secure Lucas custody of Will..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Plus, Tripp trying to kill Kayla was Dena's story that Ron did not change at all.  He said that he made no changes to that. That lets me know that he has no interest in writing for Steve and Kayla. He could have changed Dena's story about Tripp, but, he did not care to do anything to rewrite it to mitigate his actions against Kayla.

Interesting. I didn't know any of that. Did he say this in an interview somewhere you can link to? (One which is spoiler-free?)

I hated seeing him do that to Kayla, no question, but the actor did a good job of making Tripp seem 90% not into it. Like he was carrying out what he had thought would be a noble revenge plan for his dearly departed mother even though in reality it all felt wrong.

I wonder how Ron could have rewritten it after all the build-up it got. Tripp just wimping out on his own crappy plan would have seemed anticlimactic. Maybe they could have reshot the confrontation scene so he didn't go so far but instead broke down? Look, Kayla and Steve weren't going to betray Joey for anything less than one of their lives being at stake. And Joey needed a reason to fess up. I hated the scenes we got but maybe Ron just decided there were bigger fish to fry and only so much budget for reshoots of Dena's material and figured he could build better things out of that climax. (Plus he had the Anjelicka dud of a story to fix)

I personally like the actor who plays Tripp and just block out the Ava things and the Joey stuff. You have to. Otherwise Stayla have been forever ruined by what Dena wrote. I kinda hate Steve because everything I know of him is from 2015 onward. Going by that, he's just a deadbeat Dad who abandoned Kayla and Joey, allowed Ava to play him into sleeping with her (poor guy), covered up his son's murder of her and didn't give a second thought to the whole thing, and now is trying to fold his son with Ava into the family, while the son Kayla was stuck raising rots in jail?! On paper, Kayla should RUN from Steve and never look back. The guy brings nothing but trouble into her life. But the actors are awesome together so....blocking out the ugly bits is all you can do.

I have to block out that Kristen tried to sleep with Dr Tan and raped Eric. We all have our crosses to bear!

Theo is autistic and the Dimeras could take advantage of that for their plans. Look at how Kate is being super irresponsible in involving Theo in her plans.  Kate should know better.  Plus, Kate should be with Lumi looking for Will.  She loved that boy more than her own children.  She tried to kill Sami to secure Lucas custody of Will..

It is interesting that Kate has no part in the search for Will and is so focused on saving Stefano's family company even though he could in theory return and claim it at any time. I guess from her breakdown last week with Andre that we should assume she's too emotional to get her hopes up over Will and is staying in Salem to protect herself.

Whenever they do get screentime together, though, I will likely be bawling. LK gets me every time.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5

I wasn't watching a lot in the summer, so I missed most of the Tripp trying to kill Kayla scenes. So it's easy for me to forget it ever happened. I'm just so glad to see the younger characters doing something somewhat normal for their ages, and not out murdering crazy people, and raping their step-sister, and whatever other character-destroying things the previous writers thought would be good ways to make us care about the kids.

I also wonder if the young actors portraying Joey & Ciara might been better actors with less intense storylines right off the bat.  I always remember when Shawn Douglas and Belle were teens, and how they got to teen things, but also spend time with their families. Wish they'd have let the recent sorased kids do the same. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but Lexie has been dead for years, if we take into account of Theo being aged.  Abe is his only parent, he does not have to follow Lexie's wishes, if he feels that The Dimeras are dangerous to Theo's well-being.  Not all members of one's family are good to be around.  Theo is autistic and the Dimeras could take advantage of that for their plans. Look at how Kate is being super irresponsible in involving Theo in her plans.  Kate should know better.  Plus, Kate should be with Lumi looking for Will.  She loved that boy more than her own children.  She tried to kill Sami to secure Lucas custody of Will..

That is my point though. I don't actually think that he thinks they are that dangerous. Deep down I don't think that Abe really has an issue with Kate, Chad, and Abigail. If anything Andre is the real wild card. 

I also don't think Lexie needs to be alive for Abe to respect the fact that she would of wanted him to continue a relationship with her side of the family. I understand what your saying but I think that Abe also has to be realistic in the fact that Theo is not a child anymore and the best thing is for him to have all the information at his disposal and go from there. Theo has also shown not to be blind to who Stefano was and what his family legacy is. Again I think that if EJ and Stefano were around this would be a different conversation, but when the Dimeras are comprised of Kate, Chad, Abigail, and Andre I think Abe has a different perspective.

See, I actually saw Kate involving Theo as a sign of including him in the family and trusting him as someone to turn too. I do think Kate loves Theo and also really cares about saving the company for the family. 

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Again I think that if EJ and Stefano were around this would be a different conversation, but when the Dimeras are comprised of Kate, Chad, Abigail, and Andre I think Abe has a different perspective.

I don't think that Abe would have kept Theo away from EJ if he was still around. Abe included EJ with Theo after Lexie died. He was there to marry EJ and Sami. Plus with EJ, he brings all of his children who were super close with their cousin Theo.

The mystery was always Stefano who was treated like a beloved grandfather around all of his grandchildren.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, JBC344 said:

That is my point though. I don't actually think that he thinks they are that dangerous. Deep down I don't think that Abe really has an issue with Kate, Chad, and Abigail. If anything Andre is the real wild card. 

I also don't think Lexie needs to be alive for Abe to respect the fact that she would of wanted him to continue a relationship with her side of the family. I understand what your saying but I think that Abe also has to be realistic in the fact that Theo is not a child anymore and the best thing is for him to have all the information at his disposal and go from there. Theo has also shown not to be blind to who Stefano was and what his family legacy is. Again I think that if EJ and Stefano were around this would be a different conversation, but when the Dimeras are comprised of Kate, Chad, Abigail, and Andre I think Abe has a different perspective.

See, I actually saw Kate involving Theo as a sign of including him in the family and trusting him as someone to turn too. I do think Kate loves Theo and also really cares about saving the company for the family. 

Kate being a Dimera bothers me, given that Stefano tried to kill Philip, her baby boy.  I always thought the Kate/Stefano relationship was out of character. Kate for all her flaws would fight to the death for her children and grandchildren.  We saw the things that she pulled to keep Will, to get Bo for Billie, she tried to kill Chloe for betraying Lucas, e.t.c  Kate involving Theo in her shenanigans bothers me, knowing what is going to happen to Theo. If she cared about him, she would keep him out of it.   She knows that Abe is uncomfortable with Theo being involved in Dimera schemes and she is doing it anyway. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, swtrgrl said:

It actually pissed me off when they made out like it was Sonny/Chad that were BFFs just because they started the business(es) together. No. 

This is one rewrite on the basis of a recast that's been bothering me more and more -- yes, OldChat stood up for Sonny when he first came back to town, but Chad was never Sonny's best friend before Billy Flynn was cast. Chad and Sonny were then made over into best friends when Flynn and Smith were, I would guess, discovered to have better than average chemistry as friends (unlike, in my humble opinion, the complete lack of connection Guy Wilson displayed with Flynn, or anyone else for that matter).

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

Interesting. I didn't know any of that. Did he say this in an interview somewhere you can link to? (One which is spoiler-free?)

I hated seeing him do that to Kayla, no question, but the actor did a good job of making Tripp seem 90% not into it. Like he was carrying out what he had thought would be a noble revenge plan for his dearly departed mother even though in reality it all felt wrong.

I wonder how Ron could have rewritten it after all the build-up it got. Tripp just wimping out on his own crappy plan would have seemed anticlimactic. Maybe they could have reshot the confrontation scene so he didn't go so far but instead broke down? Look, Kayla and Steve weren't going to betray Joey for anything less than one of their lives being at stake. And Joey needed a reason to fess up. I hated the scenes we got but maybe Ron just decided there were bigger fish to fry and only so much budget for reshoots of Dena's material and figured he could build better things out of that climax. (Plus he had the Anjelicka dud of a story to fix)

I personally like the actor who plays Tripp and just block out the Ava things and the Joey stuff. You have to. Otherwise Stayla have been forever ruined by what Dena wrote. I kinda hate Steve because everything I know of him is from 2015 onward. Going by that, he's just a deadbeat Dad who abandoned Kayla and Joey, allowed Ava to play him into sleeping with her (poor guy), covered up his son's murder of her and didn't give a second thought to the whole thing, and now is trying to fold his son with Ava into the family, while the son Kayla was stuck raising rots in jail?! On paper, Kayla should RUN from Steve and never look back. The guy brings nothing but trouble into her life. But the actors are awesome together so....blocking out the ugly bits is all you can do.

I have to block out that Kristen tried to sleep with Dr Tan and raped Eric. We all have our crosses to bear!

It is interesting that Kate has no part in the search for Will and is so focused on saving Stefano's family company even though he could in theory return and claim it at any time. I guess from her breakdown last week with Andre that we should assume she's too emotional to get her hopes up over Will and is staying in Salem to protect herself.

Whenever they do get screentime together, though, I will likely be bawling. LK gets me every time.

In an interview, Ron said that he left the Tripp story as Dena wrote it. His quick reunion of Steve and Kayla was his writing.

Steve being a deadbeat dad was out of character and I have never brought into that story. His history with his abusive  father Duke would preclude that from ever happening.  Steve's weak spot was children. It is why he took care of Frankie and Max. He did not want them to be separated as he was with his brother Jack.   His devotion to them led to Shawn and Caroline to adopt them. He was so wonderful and caring with Hope when she miscarried her first baby with Bo.  He tried his best to get Andrew back for Kim, after he found out that he played a role indirectly in Andrew's kidnapping. His devotion to Benjy and to protect him at all cost from Stefano. His joy when Stefanie was born.  Trying his best to take care of Stefanie, when Kayla was in prison for murder.  Steve a deadbeat, no way.  One of the saddest scenes after Steve died was Kayla and Stefanie leaving Salem to start anew, without Steve. That scene always got to me, it was so unfair that Steve was once again deprived of his family, to no fault of his own.  The show could write Steve as a deadbeat dad, but, I will never believe it..

Edited by Apprentice79
4 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I think my opinion on this is much simpler - Abe knows that as much as Stefano may have hated the Bradys or others, he loved his family more.  It would be better for Theo to have Stefano on his side than against him.

• Love 5
47 minutes ago, nilyank said:

I don't think that Abe would have kept Theo away from EJ if he was still around. Abe included EJ with Theo after Lexie died. He was there to marry EJ and Sami. Plus with EJ, he brings all of his children who were super close with their cousin Theo.

The mystery was always Stefano who was treated like a beloved grandfather around all of his grandchildren.

Oh I agree with you here, I included EJ in the bunch with Stefano because I think that Abe felt EJ could and has been as easily influenced by Stefano and Andre. I think Abe had a tolerable relationship with EJ, the whole mayoral campaign didn't exactly endear Abe to EJ, but I think when EJ was the family man with Sami and the kids Abe had no issues with that version of EJ for the most part.

• Love 2

Andre is a serial killer and Stefano loved his family more..i don't know about that..he had no problem kidnapping them, making them prisoners for decades, blackmailing them, being responsible of their death, leaving them being sex slaves ect...

Edited by pau
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, pau said:

Andre is a serial killer and Stefano loved his family more..i don't know about that..he had no problem kidnapping them, making them prisoners for decades, blackmailing them, being responsible of their death, leaving them being sex slaves ect...

The others I get but can you elaborate on the sex slaves?  You aren't referring to Kristen are you?

The show was boring today.   The show needs something to give it a jolt.  Chabby is so boring.  They are constantly admiring themselves. I cannot take this business nonsense anymore. 

I cannot stand to look at Rafe's smug face. That is his default look.  I want somebody to punch him and keep punching him. What does he have on Ken Corday. The actor is awful. They have thrown every woman at him: Kate, Sami, Carrie and Hope. Enough. 

I like Eli, but, he needs to be fleshed out. The actor is tall and gorgeous. He needs a better screen partner. It is neither Gabi nor that drip Lani.  Gabi is just as annoying as her brother.  

The Brady/Eve thing is already dead on arrival. It is obvious that they will be fucking soon. Nicole who? Eve should have come back for Tate, Perhaps, she forms an attachment to Tate perceived to be unhealthy by Brady, creating conflict between them.  That conflict could have brought Kim/Shane and Victor into it. There is no way that they would let their grandson be raise in Victor's house.  They fought him tooth and nail over their son Andrew.

Victor is repulsive.  At least he is in character. Victor was tolerable when he was with Kate..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
6 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Tripp putting a scalpel to Kayla's throat, killed whatever potential that he had. Given that Kayla and Bo were very close, I don't like the idea of Tripp being with Bo's granddaughter. Unless, Ron intends to confront Tripp's treacherous behavior and deal with the fallout.  I don't see how Tripp can ever be a viable character.  I can't stop remembering how he threw Kayla on the floor like she was garbage, after he decided not to kill her.   A woman who gave him love and acceptance, despite, the fact that his mother Ava  tried to destroy her numerous times and killed her father.. Plus, Tripp trying to kill Kayla was Dena's story that Ron did not change at all.  He said that he made no changes to that. That lets me know that he has no interest in writing for Steve and Kayla. He could have changed Dena's story about Tripp, but, he did not care to do anything to rewrite it to mitigate his actions against Kayla..

I think I can forgive Tripp and give him a second chance because he's obviously sorry and guilt ridden over his actions.  He's not still walking through Horton Square and being a violent jerk to everyone he meets.   He's trying to make amends and working on leading a good life that goes a long way in my book.

On today's episode, Chabby continue to be boring and unsexy but man, Eli and Gabi have chemistry to spare!  And can I say that I much prefer watching Kate praise a hardworking Gabi to the time when she deliberately tore time an equally hardworking Theresa by being mean and condescending.  Kate's being a mentor to an ambitious young woman is a wonderful thing.  I wish Claire still had Chloe or Eve in her corner, helping her with her musical aspirations.  

• Love 5

I did laugh when Abby was proudly telling Gabi about her new job as the head of PR for Dimera Enterprises and the Gabi told her Kate also offered her job at Dimera. To see Abby's face crack was hilarious.

Boring show. 

When Brady said he had a bright idea to get Eve out Basic Black, I thought he was going to start romancing her right away. Not blame her for Deimos' death. Not that it won't take long for it to happen. Except for Arianna and maybe Melanie, I think Brady has started all of his relationship with him starting to hate them or scheme against them since his divorce from Chloe.

• Love 3

Today was pretty boring for a sweeps episode. But at least folks still in Salem were referencing the Will situation. 

Chabby really are dull. I don't want them to split up again, but give them something to do other than act like young, first time newlyweds. I mean, really, they had to make out in the Brady pub after just spending the morning in bed. ?

I like Gabi and Eli.  And I loved Eli standing up to Rafe.

Jennifer's hair looked even more gray than usual. Really, hair stylists, can't you convince MR to do something different with her hair.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Jennifer's hair looked even more gray than usual. Really, hair stylists, can't you convince MR to do something different with her hair.

After proudly claiming her support of Chick Filet, I'm sure the DOOL hairstylists love messing with MR's hair.

• Love 6

When I first heard about the Eve plot of her marrying Deimos, etc.  I wasn't that enthused from the sound of it, but I have to say I am actually finding myself really liking it.  I have always liked Kassie and I do like Eve.  I actually think she fits in quite well with the Kiriakis family.  I am waiting to see Justin and Adrienne's reactions though considering.

• Love 4
4 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

When I first heard about the Eve plot of her marrying Deimos, etc.  I wasn't that enthused from the sound of it, but I have to say I am actually finding myself really liking it.  I have always liked Kassie and I do like Eve.  I actually think she fits in quite well with the Kiriakis family.  I am waiting to see Justin and Adrienne's reactions though considering.

It doesn't make sense though, Deimos was obsessed with Nicole and Holly.  I wish that Eve antagonizing  Victor was rooted in history and not Deimos. 

14 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

It doesn't make sense though, Deimos was obsessed with Nicole and Holly.  I wish that Eve antagonizing  Victor was rooted in history and not Deimos. 

I think I would feel differently if Deimos was still alive and on the show but since it's being used as a plot point to get Eve into the Kiriakis fold, I am ok with it. I also don't find Deimos marrying Eve and then completely ditching her to be that unrealistic.  Eve all but admits that it was an exasperated fling that came to an end pretty quickly.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I think I would feel differently if Deimos was still alive and on the show but since it's being used as a plot point to get Eve into the Kiriakis fold, I am ok with it. I also don't find Deimos marrying Eve and then completely ditching her to be that unrealistic.  Eve all but admits that it was an exasperated fling that came to an end pretty quickly.

If Eve makes Victor's life miserable. I am all for it. I hope that Eve does not start sleeping with Brady. Brady needs to be relationship free for a while. I don't understand why soaps don't have people have sex without any strings attached. It would be refreshing to see that for once..

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

If Eve makes Victor's life miserable. I am all for it. I hope that Eve does not start sleeping with Brady. Brady needs to be relationship free for a while. I don't understand why soaps don't have people have sex without any strings attached. It would be refreshing to see that for once..

Rafe and Kate?  (Or maybe because that barely actually happens in real life?)

• Love 2
32 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Rafe and Kate?  (Or maybe because that barely actually happens in real life?)

Kate started to catch feelings for him.  Her irrational hatred of Jordan never made any sense. Rafe and Nicole had a one night stand as well. The only lead character that was a player and proud of it was Tad from All My Children.  He did evolve, but, always struggled to remain faithful..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

What happened to Galen?

"She's almost as annoying as you are."  Ain't that the truth!

Brady is such an asshole.

Would anybody want to eat cookies made by a 3 year old?

Jesus Abigail and Chad are boring.

"What are you, some kind of genius?" "Mom thinks so."

Damn, Rafe, racist much?

I like the Kate and Gabi relationship.

Heehee.  Love Kate's call to Abigail.  :)

How long till Eve and Brady jump into bed together.  Or not.

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

Kate started to catch feelings for him.  Her irrational hatred of Jordan never made any sense. Rafe and Nicole had a one night stand as well. The only lead character that was a player and proud of it was Tad from All My Children.  He did evolve, but, always struggled to remain faithful..

Rafe also caught feelings for Kate.  It drove him crazy that he could really fall for Kate outside of their FWB situation.  Rafe and Nicole had a one night stand?  When did this take place?  Your not talking about when they were faking having slept together to pass EJ's baby off as his? 

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Rafe also caught feelings for Kate.  It drove him crazy that he could really fall for Kate outside of their FWB situation.  Rafe and Nicole had a one night stand?  When did this take place?  Your not talking about when they were faking having slept together to pass EJ's baby off as his? 

I could be wrong, but, I remember Nicole and Rafe sleeping together.  You could be right. I have to confess that I have always hated Rafe and always did my best to avoid his scenes.

3 hours ago, JBC344 said:

The others I get but can you elaborate on the sex slaves?  You aren't referring to Kristen are you?

Sorry, i am late, i was busy. Yep, i alluded to Kristen.

18 minutes ago, pau said:

Sorry, i am late, i was busy. Yep, i alluded to Kristen.

Stefano never left Kristen to sex slavery.  He is actually the one who saved her from it.  Originally the plan was for Kristen to impersonate Susan, marry Edmund, steal baby EJ and go off to England while selling Susan into slavery. Stefano was fine with Kristen taking EJ for the time being.  Susan turned the tables on Kristen and she was the one sold into slavery.  Stefano was under the impression that Kristen succeeded and took EJ to Europe for the time being.  It wasn't until the Alice Horton death storyline that we learned when Stefano found Susan and EJ, while he was still a toddler. 

When Kristen came back she confirmed that Stefano was the one who saved her after learning what happened to her and that it wasn't she who took EJ. 

28 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I could be wrong, but, I remember Nicole and Rafe sleeping together.  You could be right. I have to confess that I have always hated Rafe and always did my best to avoid his scenes.

I think you may be remembering the scene where Nicole and Rafe started to become friends and shared that hotel room where they were both half naked.  That was the start of them becoming friends and hatching the plan to pretend that they had slept together in order to pass Nicole and EJ's baby of as Rafe and Nicole's. 

Edited by JBC344
  • Love 2
5 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Stefano never left Kristen to sex slavery.  He is actually the one who saved her from it.  Originally the plan was for Kristen to impersonate Susan, marry Edmund, steal baby EJ and go off to England while selling Susan into slavery.  Susan turned the tables on Kristen and she was the one sold into slavery.  Stefano was under the impression that Kristen succeeded and took EJ to Europe for the time being.  It wasn't until the Alice Horton death storyline that we learned when Stefano found Susan and EJ, while he was still a toddler. 

When Kristen came back she confirmed that Stefano was the one who saved her after learning what happened to her and that it wasn't she who took EJ. 

I never said he put her into slavery..i said he let her in this situation for a while and actually she referred to it when she came back in 2014, he let her stew for a while in order to punish her a bit..great father..and he killed her mother and let her brother rot in jail..

Edited by pau
  • Love 1
11 minutes ago, pau said:

I never said he put her into slavery..i said he let her in this situation for a while and actually she referred to it when she came back in 2014, he let her stew for a while in order to punish her a bit..great father..and he killed her mother and let her brother rot in jail..

I wasn't implying that you said he put her there.  That is a whole different take on the story.

Maybe you remember better than me, but I thought Stefano was aiding Peter in trying to disappear before he was ultimately arrested.  Or are you referring to the fact that Stefano has not tried to bust him out of jail?

I actually liked this ep. It was sorta boring, but I enjoyed it. I fast forwarded some stuff though, like Chad/Abby and anything Rafe related.

Even in fast forward Chad/Abby are gross. I have never seen a more forced couple in my life. And what the fuck at Abby's hair in the pub scenes. I literally loled.

Speaking of hair, I actually love Jennifer's.

I'm kind of obsessed with Brady all of the sudden. He's such a snarky little bitch and I enjoy it. I'm down for this Eve/Brady thing.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I wasn't implying that you said he put her there.  That is a whole different take on the story.

Maybe you remember better than me, but I thought Stefano was aiding Peter in trying to disappear before he was ultimately arrested.  Or are you referring to the fact that Stefano has not tried to bust him out of jail?

No i think you're right he tried to help him..a bit...but yeah i referred to the fact he has not tried to bust him out of jail..knowing he was as much as responsible as Peter..Stefano's love for his children is pretty special..Never understood why most of his children were so devoted..

Edited by pau
40 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

I've been rewatching that stuff and to clarify, he was very upset about Peter ending up in jail but was passing himself off as "reformed" at the time and had to tread lightly to protect his image. Peter was in too deep to get busted out by Stefano, but I think Stefano must have wanted to help him down the line. That he didn't is more because of the actor being let go from the show for...ahem...personal reasons.

Kristen explained her time on Sex Slave Island by telling Brady that Stefano agreed to free her as long as she paid "a price". It was never clear to me in that scene if she was being completely honest with Brady or just playing up her father as this great manipulator who wouldn't save her from a life of sex slavery without getting her to agree to some Devil's Bargain first, just to really gain Brady's sympathy. It's important to recall that at the time she was trying to manipulate Brady into moving into the DiMansion by telling him Stefano was dying. When he found out she was lying about that, she spilled her guts about the Sex Slave Island thing to make him think that reuniting the family under one roof was the price she had to pay. Of course it's entirely possible that Stefano did chew her out for having lost control of everything so badly, and made her promise to repair the family at some later date.

I just recently rewatched this wonderful scene from the 90s where Stefano is standing over what he thinks is Kristen's grave, as Kristen - disguised as Susan - stands behind him and eavesdrops. Joe did a masterful job of communicating Stefano's frustration towards Kristen, his regrets as a father, his admiration for her as a co-conspirator and his sympathy towards a woman who was so distraught she took her own life (supposedly). Kristen then reveals herself and the two of them immediately begin arguing/hatching new plans/telling each other how much they care about one another all over again. That's pretty much their relationship in a nutshell to me. Whatever happens with Kristen in the future, I don't think she'll ever have a scene partner as good as Stefano.

But yes, he did drive her mother to madness and scar her and kill her father, and adopt her and Peter as prizes and essentially mind control them by eradicating their connection to their real previous parents and painting himself as some kind of saint. And then he happily nudged them towards crime and conspiracy. Given that Abe knows all of this, I can understand why he would never want Theo anywhere near that house. But then, I could never understand why anybody would go near the DiMera house. Maybe if Chad had drastically restyled the place or pulled a Susan and tried to chase the bad spirits out.

• Love 1

what the hell was that "hairstyle" on abby?!!

what was that thing on the top of her head? ( i wish there were smileys to insert here, make believe there is a big laughing face rolling on the floor with tears in it's eyes)

i could not believe it. holy crap, it's like she let a 5 year old loose on her hair.

• Love 5

Wait, I'm confused again -- are Eve and Bonkers Black even of the same generation? I feel like Isabella must have been younger than Shane. Or at least Brady was born LONG after Eve came to town. Right? (...  argh -- this show!)

• Love 2
34 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Wait, I'm confused again -- are Eve and Bonkers Black even of the same generation? I feel like Isabella must have been younger than Shane. Or at least Brady was born LONG after Eve came to town. Right? (...  argh -- this show!)

Yes.  Isabella was slightly younger than Shane.  Isabella and Jennifer were pregnant at the same time. Imagine that, there was no baby switch. Whenever two women are pregnant on a soap these days, a baby switch will happen. I remember as the world turns had 4 women pregnant at the same time at different stages of their pregnancies and there was no baby switch. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Brady’s plan to get rid of Eve was twisted and evil.  My jaw may have dropped.   I dig Brady as a bad guy.   It’s about time someone called Brady out on his drinking.   Sorry but there is no way no noticed he was drinking.  It’s time for his dad to come try to knock some sense into him.  But I think John forgets he has another son. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Brady’s plan to get rid of Eve was twisted and evil.  My jaw may have dropped.   I dig Brady as a bad guy.   It’s about time someone called Brady out on his drinking.   Sorry but there is no way no noticed he was drinking.  It’s time for his dad to come try to knock some sense into him.  But I think John forgets he has another son. 

Brady is acting like Victor. Victor set up Kayla for a crime that she did not commit, to protect his mother Isabella.. 

• Love 4

Brady is acting a lot like Uncle Victor in his younger days. The women he mentioned should know about being called a 'whore' and a 'bitch'. No wonder many of his girlfriends didn't stick around. Time for some soap in the yap. Lucas is drinking out of emotional pain and Brady is drinking just because he likes to do so. Why is he going to confess to the murder? Someone find the amulet of doom!

I too had no words for the hair plopped on Abigail's head. Not really suitable for any sort of 'professional' woman. No idea what she and Chad see in each other, really.

Have no idea what Gabitastic is or whatever it's called.

Eli, get Rafe some coffee and put something in it. Rafe's behaviour is juvenile. Both are ex-FBI. Yeeesh.

• Love 4