Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Ok, I haven't watched in months until yesterday and based on what I read here I took a look at today's show.

I have no investment in the current couplings, barely know who Tripp or the new Jade are, managed to miss out completely on naggy Nicole ( I stopped watching when Chloe wouldn't give back the baby like she's decided to keep someone else's sweater) and missed all of Sonny Corleone and Deimos....

But GOOD GOD, Sonny is giphy.gif

played for laughs although it looks like Freddie Smith isn't in on the joke.

He and Sparkle Pretty are now evenly matched.

And then I saw Deimos......giphy.gif

He's like the evil Santa.  Everybody have a holly jolly Christmas.   That beard....

I hope Vincent Irizzary got paid big bucks to do this exit storyline.  

• Love 5
On 6/26/2017 at 4:45 PM, Star Aristille said:

Probably for the better that Theo and Claire call it quits.  I'm one of the few who liked them together, but Claire's behavior over the last few months really did more harm than good to their relationship.

Tripp and Claire would look lovely together.

Was it me or did Adrienne really say that Angelica was "so fake"? :)

• Love 3

Gabi, you were wearing a beautiful dress - but one that is 2-4 inches too short! When you need to struggle to sit so you don't give the viewers a good view of yourself and your lady bits/underwear, time for a slightly longer dress. Or you simply don't sit down.  A couple of inches longer would have made all the difference.

Abigail, the green thing you were wearing was not great.

At least Doug and Julie left quickly. Poor Eli, now turning the house in to a home for troubled youth.

Hope, Eric can toast whatever with water. You don't need champagne or sparkling cider. What happened to ginger ale for the non-drinkers?

Nice to see the Halo kick in. Too bad that Lani didn't recognize it - at least not yet. At least Nicole suspected something - she probably hasn't been high/stoned in many years.

No one in Salem could recognize Deimos in disguise? Idiots!

• Love 3
28 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

No one in Salem could recognize Deimos in disguise? Idiots!

Not recognizing anyone in disguise is Salem tradition! Also possibly a sign of inbreeding, but why quibble?

• Love 6

I love how Sonny asked about Paul whereabouts but was quickly self centered.  

1 hour ago, YupItsMe said:

Tripp and Claire would look lovely together.

Um no they are family!  Steve is Claire's great uncle isn't it.  Days doesn't need anymore incestous pairingsm  Just get her a new boyfriend or bring back Wyatt.  I liked her chemistry with him especially he was telling her off towards the end of him leaving. 

• Love 1

OK, so Deimos wants the amulet because money? and Sonny dug it up after Chad buried in on the island because money? and Deimos has Haloed the entire party because this is the way to get it from Sonny? how does he even know Sonny has it? Why did he knock Paul out and drag him into the bushes? Why does no one recognize Deimos? the disguise beard is so over-the-top that I would be looking at the person wearing it twice just because it is so ridonk. not a good way to go unnoticed. Why aren't the Johnsons at this party? Where are Abe and Theo? Where is Marlena?

• Love 4
1 hour ago, annabel said:

OK, so Deimos wants the amulet because money? and Sonny dug it up after Chad buried in on the island because money? and Deimos has Haloed the entire party because this is the way to get it from Sonny? how does he even know Sonny has it? Why did he knock Paul out and drag him into the bushes? Why does no one recognize Deimos? the disguise beard is so over-the-top that I would be looking at the person wearing it twice just because it is so ridonk. not a good way to go unnoticed. Why aren't the Johnsons at this party? Where are Abe and Theo? Where is Marlena?

I don't know about the rest, but Marlena isn't there because her purse is too big to fit through any of the doors at the Martin house.

She may be stuck somewhere.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, Star Aristille said:

Paul at least recognized Deimos.  That's why he knocked him out.

Paul's still pretty new. And, come to think of it, has only one parent who is a Salem resident...

Edited by Sandman
And there seems to be a sub-tradition of appalling disguises that CALL ATTENTION to themselves and to the disguised person.
  • Love 3

I thought the amulet also had something to do with the Halo production? Or did I dream that trying to make sense of this storyline?

Actually kind of disappointed in myself for knowing this but Deimos stated in an episode recently that the formula for Halo 2.0 was in the case that was carrying the amulet. His goon gave him the case in Greece so he was able to develop this new version of the drug.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

I love how Sonny asked about Paul whereabouts but was quickly self centered.  

Um no they are family!  Steve is Claire's great uncle isn't it.  Days doesn't need anymore incestous pairingsm  Just get her a new boyfriend or bring back Wyatt.  I liked her chemistry with him especially he was telling her off towards the end of him leaving. 

Steve is related to Claire?  Steve and Bo were best friends - I don't think they are blood related.  Steve is Jack's brother who married Claire's grandmother's cousin, yes?  Steve -> Jack -> Jen -> Hope -> Shawn D -> Claire.  No blood relation.  I think it works just fine?  What am I missing?

2 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Actually kind of disappointed in myself for knowing this but Deimos stated in an episode recently that the formula for Halo 2.0 was in the case that was carrying the amulet. His goon gave him the case in Greece so he was able to develop this new version of the drug.

And Deimos also said that he'd sell the amulet for $20million to fund the production of Halo 2.0.

• Love 1

Yep. His goon last week just so happened to have an early sample of Halo 2.0 and that's what Deimos is using to drug the people at the party... Though frankly I'm not quite sure what he expects that's to actually accomplish. Lani nearly died from the drug (supposedly)...but that was a massive overdose wasn't it? I wasn't paying attention when Halo was first introduced so I'm not really sure what the drug's real purpose is. This new spiked version is supposed to bring out people's inner desires....but I don't see why that's a useful thing for Deimos to try to do to all of these folks at the party.

... I just realized why they left Jennifer out of this entire storyline: she's a former drug addict. Her breakup with Eric probably still wouldn't have kept her from the party since it was a fundraiser for her family's own Center...but they needed to protect the character from another potential drug situation so they used the break-up as an excuse to leave her out.

It would have been more interesting in a way for her to have been there and been exposed to the drug or realized everybody else was being drugged. Frankly I always felt that Jennifer's pill addiction storyline was undercooked...same with the Gabi/JJ romance.

Another reason they had to keep Jennifer at bay was so that the focus could be kept on Eric and Nicole. I wonder how things are going to progress now in this triangle.

• Love 2
(edited)

Ding-Dong, does this mean Deimos is dead?!  Hope so, he has sucked up too much of the show.  I can see this being a huge "whodunnit".  

And can we get a day without a Daniel mention?  Seriously, Bo Brady died and everyone (including Hope) forgot him after five minutes.  The holy tan-one dies and we get a two year vigil in his memory.  And ghost visits to boot.  I guess they have a barber shop in heaven, because Daniel always shows up clean shaven with a fresh haircut.  

Oh and Nicole is crying...because that doesn't happen in every episode already.

I'm kind of shipping Lani and Eli.  Lani isn't my favorite, but she and JJ have zero chemistry.  She has some with Eli.  And besides, Eli is far too good looking and decent to be alone and rejected by all the women in Salem (granted he is related to half of them, being a Horton and all, but still...).  He's a catch.

Sonny desperately needs a haircut.  He's beginning to remind me of Shemp from the Three Stooges.

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 7

The biggest question is why these people didn't ask disguised Deimos for a bucket of chicken and two sides?

Today was awful.  Horrible.  Vomit.  And since I assume all the couplings are an indicator of where things are going, probably the beginning of the end for me. Just because I like Marci doesn't mean I like Abigail.  Hurl.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, LadyJaney said:

And can we get a day without a Daniel mention?  Seriously, Bo Brady died and everyone (including Hope) forgot him after five minutes.  The holy tan-one dies and we get a two year vigil in his memory.  And ghost visits to boot.  I guess they have a barber shop in heaven, because Daniel always shows up clean shaven with a fresh haircut.  

He looks, and probably smells, a helluva lot better dead than he ever did alive.   

And I think it's a stretch to think he's in heaven.  Maybe Bro Heaven, with lots of beer pong and privates scratching, which would be heaven for him.

Sonny desperately needs a haircut.  He's beginning to remind me of Shemp from the Three Stooges.

Sonny desperately needs a good spanking and a long time out.  

• Love 6
10 minutes ago, Mama No Life said:

The biggest question is why these people didn't ask disguised Deimos for a bucket of chicken and two sides?

Today was awful.  Horrible.  Vomit.  And since I assume all the couplings are an indicator of where things are going, probably the beginning of the end for me. Just because I like Marci doesn't mean I like Abigail.  Hurl.

LOL at Colonel Sanders. :-)

I haven't seen the episode but read the synopsis, and I think today's show actually looks pretty funny.  For the first time in a very, very long time, I'm looking forward to watching it tonight.  I'll have to watch yesterday's first though.

• Love 2

Were Freddie Smith and Vincent Irizarry super sweaty today or was it just me?  This was even before their little tussle.  I didn't really notice it on anyone else.

Lani and Eli are ok, but it's rare for two newbies like that to get together.  Unless it's new teens they bring in.  I think this is all still Dena though so who knows what Ron will do.

(edited)

Another solid episode, yall sure Ron didn't start his run as writer yet ?

Anyhow I liked the back and forthness between JJ, Gabi, Lani and Eli.  I see some chemistry between Eli/Lani so they'll have to grow on me.  Still whether annoyed the show couldn't find a way to reunite Eli/Gabi instead.  Maybe it's not the end of them yet. 

Chad/Abby slowed the energy down,  I could had did without their mess. 

KA, who knew she could be so funny.  I knew Hope could have her moments but this is the first time in a long while Hope has been able to be hilarious and cute in scenes in quite sometime.  Hopefully RC/RQ are able to bring back some that humor in all the performers because they all can do it! 

The reenactment of the movie Ghost between Eric/Nicole/St. Daniel. It's like Nicole is one big ass threesome or foursome ?? The lightening department should had beamed the high beams on DC to match his ridiculous  haircuts!  When Daniel died last year he didn't have his hair cut so please stop doing it! 

Well adios Deimos!  Been nice knowing ya.  Love VI, but if a murder mystery is going to breathe life into the show I'm all for it. 
I'll post later in the spoilers of my suspect list/possible murderer.  

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 5
(edited)
44 minutes ago, BlackMamba said:

It's like Nicole is one big ass threesome or foursome

For real.  Like apparently every man in Salem is in love with her.  Brady, Eric, GhostDaniel, Deimos, Dario (was anyway), and that creepy Scooter guy had the hots for her too.  Didn't Rafe once love her?  And of course there was Lucas, Victor, EJ, Xander...Did I miss anyone?  I get that Arianne Zuker is very pretty, but her character is kind of a jerk sometimes and whiny and needy and not the brightest bulb out there.  There has to be other women in Salem worth noticing...

Wasn't too keen on how Deimos drugged some recovering addicts at that party.  JJ and Eric are trying to remain sober, something like that can cause a person to backslide...Yet I doubt they would address any fallout from their drugging that way.  They mentioned that they felt that they were on something today, but will it cause them to crave their substance of choice down the line?  

Lol, Deimos did look like those creepy KFC commercial actors playing Colonel Sanders!

Such a shame they wasted Vincent Irizarry the way they did.  He is a decent actor and sexy as hell, but his character on this show was just too lousy and just on the show way too much.  They could have made him a sexy doctor or a cop on the SPD or a different Kiriakis character who at least had some redeeming qualities to him.  He got the crap end of things here.  I hope his next acting gig is more complimentary to him.

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 6
6 hours ago, Mama No Life said:

I thought the amulet also had something to do with the Halo production? Or did I dream that trying to make sense of this storyline?

As far as I know, it's just because it's worth millions of dollars.

• Love 2

VI was horribly used in this show. His last scenes with that awful wig and beard and the confrontation with Sonny wasn't the best acting either.

He is a very good actor and totally wasted.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Steve is related to Claire?  Steve and Bo were best friends - I don't think they are blood related.  Steve is Jack's brother who married Claire's grandmother's cousin, yes?  Steve -> Jack -> Jen -> Hope -> Shawn D -> Claire.  No blood relation.  I think it works just fine?  What am I missing?

Not blood related, but he's married to Kayla, who is Claire's grandfather's sister.

Camila is funny as heck playing drunk/stoned.

Gabi's ringtone is a dog barking? "Some cop, scared of a ring tone."  That was exactly what I was thinking.

Daniel is on the show more often now that he's dead than he was when he was alive.

So GhostDaniel was talking to both Eric and Nicole at the same time, huh?

Sure a lot of couples swapping today.

I'm hoping that Deimos's comment to Sonny about Sonny being just like him will shake some sense into Sonny.

"One Hour Later".  LOL

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Not blood related, but he's married to Kayla, who is Claire's grandfather's sister.

Still, on a soap opera, that's not "related" enough to count, LOL!  I think Tripp and Claire are free to date without an ick factor, but that's just my opinion.

• Love 5
36 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Daniel is on the show more often now that he's dead than he was when he was alive.

So GhostDaniel was talking to both Eric and Nicole at the same time, huh?

At least there was a purpose to his use.  If he finally got Nicole to get over herself regarding Eric, then I say it was a well-used appearance.

I will say this.  Someone came down on Lani for not recognizing the Halo effects yesterday.  But it seems like she did today.

• Love 2
57 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Still, on a soap opera, that's not "related" enough to count, LOL!  I think Tripp and Claire are free to date without an ick factor, but that's just my opinion.

Characters on this show have dated with far more of connection than Tripp and Claire have.  For Salem, they are pretty far removed from the ick factor.

• Love 6
(edited)
4 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Characters on this show have dated with far more of connection than Tripp and Claire have.  For Salem, they are pretty far removed from the ick factor.

True that.  I still get kind of squicked out that Max dated his nieces Stephanie and Chelsea.  He may not be a Brady by blood, but he was still a Brady family member.  I always figured it would be awkward if they had a Brady Family Reunion and Steph and Chelsea were like "there is our uncle we used to date/sleep with".  Eew.

Equally gross:  Nick slept with Chelsea and her mother.  Jack slept with Jenn and her mother. Kate has also made her way through several members of the same family.  EJ and his father.  Rafe and his father.  

I suppose Claire and Tripp would be pretty mild in comparison.

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, LadyJaney said:

Equally gross:  Nick slept with Chelsea and her mother.  Jack slept with enn and her mother. Kate has also made her way through several members of the same family.  EJ and his father.  Rafe and his father. 

Nick and Jack worked for me, because the taboo-breaking was supposed to be the story.  With Kate and others, it's just a sign of how incestuous Salem is.

I don't want to see Tripp/Claire because I don't like either of them, but it's better than Tripp/Ciara, which with Bo/Hope/Steve as parents would be too close for me, blood ties or not.  Same problem with Shelle, which was some kind of point of no return for the canvas, IMO.  And of course having Ava anywhere near something like that is another kick in the teeth.

• Love 1

I wasn't around for JJ/Gabi 1.0 but I enjoyed their scenes today. When Chad/Abby eventually get back together (considering the anvils we got with them today I'm sure that's on it's way) I wouldn't mind a JJ/Gabi redux. 

• Love 3

I like Nicole's hair and Abby's dress. Dislike Gabi's hair and dress and Nicole's dress. 

I thought this might be too cheesy, but everyone is actually doing a good job at acting wasted. 

Why is Sonny whispering?

• Love 2

The only way I could get behind the Jade and Tripp nonsense is if it were old Jade.  Remember how we all thought she was Ava's kid with S'nick?  That would make for some soapy goodness...  "You remind me of someone..."  Snort.  This way it's just rubbish.  

I want to like Tripp, I do, but this SL is just the pits.

• Love 4

St. Daniel looked so.... clean and not his PigPen-ish self. His ghost/illusion hopefully will get Nicole and Eric to move on.

Lani, cut JJ some slack. He may not be as in to you as you think and stop pushing him in to things. Good idea to go make out with Eli. Really don't know what you see in JJ, girl.

Col. Sanders, er, Deimos, sure got the last revenge. Guess the amulet spelled bad luck for him. Sonny does not make a good mobster. He was just a manchild with Deimos.

Who knows if the Chad/Abby anvil was dropping. She probably won't marry Dario and if she does, it'll be annulled quickly or she'll get a divorce.  Or maybe they can hit up 90 Day Fiance at TLC!

Rafe, you really do not need to marry Hope. Just enjoy each other.

• Love 4

I was unspoiled and didn't know VI was leaving. Too bad they made such a mess of Deimos, as I have always enjoyed VI and was happy to see him when he first showed up. They went so terribly wrong with him though.

• Love 6
2 hours ago, lska said:

Nick and Jack worked for me, because the taboo-breaking was supposed to be the story.  With Kate and others, it's just a sign of how incestuous Salem is.

I don't want to see Tripp/Claire because I don't like either of them, but it's better than Tripp/Ciara, which with Bo/Hope/Steve as parents would be too close for me, blood ties or not.  Same problem with Shelle, which was some kind of point of no return for the canvas, IMO.  And of course having Ava anywhere near something like that is another kick in the teeth.

I totally see your point on Tripp/Claire, but it certainly is less incestuous than Theo and Ciara who were actually raised as best friends/cousins.

• Love 1

Shit! 

Poor Eric. 

Because he drunk the cider with Halo. 

He list his battle with sobriety. 

?

?

4 hours ago, LadyJaney said:

I suppose Claire and Tripp would be pretty mild in comparison.

Not to me

Don't go there Days

7 hours ago, LadyJaney said:

For real.  Like apparently every man in Salem is in love with her.  Brady, Eric, GhostDaniel, Deimos, Dario (was anyway), and that creepy Scooter guy had the hots for her too.  Didn't Rafe once love her?  And of course there was Lucas, Victor, EJ, Xander...Did I miss anyone?  I get that Arianne Zuker is very pretty, but her character is kind of a jerk sometimes and whiny and needy and not the brightest bulb out there.  There has to be other women in Salem worth noticing...

It's that Higley man. 

She has wet one for the Nicole character. 

I don't know what it is.  But it's just creepy at this point how she needs for every man to drool over her. 

• Love 6
9 hours ago, LadyJaney said:

And ghost visits to boot.  I guess they have a barber shop in heaven, because Daniel always shows up clean shaven with a fresh haircut.  

That was my first thought. Who wastes their time in Heaven getting a new hair do? ;)

• Love 2
6 hours ago, QuelleC said:

I thought it was saint Dan who slept with young Chelsea and Kate. I seem to remember an aawkward -for me anyway - Kiriakis dinner. 

Don't forget he made the moves on a disgusted Billie, so, he would have had a trifecta, had Billie succumbed to his advances...Dan was just disgusting...

• Love 5
11 hours ago, QuelleC said:

I thought it was saint Dan who slept with young Chelsea and Kate. I seem to remember an aawkward -for me anyway - Kiriakis dinner. 

I don't think Dan and Chelsea ever slept together, if I remember right.  That was a weird one... Chelsea's crush on Dan played well as a foil for the Nick/Chelsea relationship, but then they dropped that angle and went forward with Dan/Chelsea in earnest, until they had to throw the Kate reveal in front of it to stop it.  It was very strange -- one of Dena's first moves in 2008.

• Love 2

Regardless it's where my hate for Dan began and now I'm remembering his grope exam with cleavage I mean Chloe.  make him go away. 

I too was just spoiled here about d eimos being gone please don't put comings and goings here. 

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, QuelleC said:

I too was just spoiled here about d eimos being gone please don't put comings and goings here. 

Wait, then I'm confused - because this is the thread to talk about "actually today's episode" and Deimos was shown murdered yesterday.  That's current events, not spoilers.  It already happened.  

I get behind all the time, sometimes by weeks, but I'm well aware that I'm going to learn what is currently happening on the show if I come to this thread. 

• Love 8

I do see your point but I didn't know he is Gone gone and apparently it wasn't just me. I  guess I m a bit sore about learning about several arrivals departures here recently and I quit the forum for quite a while.  I read a lot of mod warnings so at least one other feels the same.  I appreciate your response and since I'm seriously off topic I won't mention it again. 

8 minutes ago, QuelleC said:

I do see your point but I didn't know he is Gone gone and apparently it wasn't just me. I  guess I m a bit sore about learning about several arrivals departures here recently and I quit the forum for quite a while.  I read a lot of mod warnings so at least one other feels the same.  I appreciate your response and since I'm seriously off topic I won't mention it again. 

He had a steak knife to the heart... but this is Salem, USA afterall - he may not really be gone, gone!  They bring people back from the dead all the time. :-)

• Love 1

Chad has no business being butthurt about JJ and Gabi, when he spent the night in Abigail's room.

Good God, Nicole, please get over yourself.

"This is a crime scene.  Nobody touch anything."  They've been touching things for hours, Rafe.

Raines is such a dick.

Dammit, I was hoping that Deimos telling Sonny that they were just alike would make him change his tune.

They've done a good job of making everybody look suspect, so I'm enjoying this murder case so far.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, lska said:

I don't think Dan and Chelsea ever slept together, if I remember right.  That was a weird one... Chelsea's crush on Dan played well as a foil for the Nick/Chelsea relationship, but then they dropped that angle and went forward with Dan/Chelsea in earnest, until they had to throw the Kate reveal in front of it to stop it.  It was very strange -- one of Dena's first moves in 2008.

Daniel and Chelsea were just about to have sex, but Chelsea intercepted a text to Daniel from Kate that made her realize that he'd slept with her.  So no, the only Roberts woman with whom Daniel had sex was Kate.

Aaaaaaaand Nicole is back to being a bitch again.  Perfect.

• Love 1