Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

When Hope was pumping Hattie for information describing Alfie (who is, quelle surprise, Andre) she asked if he had any scars or tattoos. I misheard and thought she said "Scarves?" and I chimed in "wayyy too many." That was the most exciting thing for me in today's episode.

• Love 10
2 hours ago, janeyjay said:

When Hope was pumping Hattie for information describing Alfie (who is, quelle surprise, Andre) she asked if he had any scars or tattoos. I misheard and thought she said "Scarves?" and I chimed in "wayyy too many." That was the most exciting thing for me in today's episode.

HAhahahahaha!  Great line!  You are the winner of the internetterweb for today.

• Love 1

Wow.  Wowowowowowow, and Wow.  Another "wow" just in case I missed one.

We all wondered what the Prague locations shots would be like and now we know.  How on EARTH did the Martin House, the former B&B, get transported from Salem to Prague, and what will Kate do when she gets home and finds out her home has literally flown the coop?

But the cafe scene in Prague, why, it makes you feel like you're there, right?  I mean, there's accordion musak, Rafe is talking to Natasha - looked like Boris serving the coffee - but again, who knew that Prague was JUST like the warehouse/docks area in Salem??  Wonders, they never cease.  I really, really feel like we've been transported to a whole other country, don't you??

Now if only Julie and Maggie show up in drindls, and Doug, perhaps, can stroll through Ye Olden Town of Prague in a pair of lederhosen.   (Yes, I know those are German, but even so.....)

Just wait until the big reveal, when they catch Stefano doing a traditional dance...

Stefanoo.gif

Meanwhile, back at the hospital, the actress playing Jade once gain acts circles around Mouth Breather Boy, while Kayla internally struggles with how much she dislikes her own son while pretending to gve a shit and wanting Stephanie back so bad she can TASTE it.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Prague looked very similar to a recycled Salem. Little mention of wonderful Czech food.

Hope's prison drama? Meh. Why would the jailbirds be so interested in a newbie cop prisoner? Too many folks dead will bring in the State or FBI. Waiting to see how long it'll take for Hope to take a run for it. Hattie's mention of a very expensive pocket watch should trigger Hope's thinking of one of the DiMeras, who would have such a timepiece. The conman's MO should fit.

Joey, you are dumber than a sack of rocks. You are free of Jade! She can go back to her parents, get transferred to an out of state college, etc. This sympathy/empathy stuff isn't working for you. Jade maybe cares, but you don't. Jade wanted the kid as an escape from her home. You just feel... guilty. Maybe your parents can send you to a different college for spring term. Or ask that you consider the military.

I've always liked Anna DiMera. Why is she there?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, annabel said:

I've always loved Anna DiMera, but WTF??? And where is this storyline going anyway? Joe Mascola is DEAD.

He wasn't dead when they were recording these shows.

I have to wonder what the weather is like in Prague, with people sitting in outdoors cafes in skimpy jackets.

• Love 1

Well, one thing that I found interesting was Andre turning out to know absolutely nothing about Stefano being alive, after all.  I'd thought that he was pretending not to be in the know, but that last scene with him said it all.  He really didn't know.  I know why Stefano wouldn't tell Chad, but why not Andre?

• Love 8

I didn't hate the episode yesterday. The Prague scenes even felt a teeny weeny bit reminiscent of the Stockholm days, even if they were recycling Salem sets. Really missed John's presence though.

The show has had such bad luck lately with actors suddenly being unable to work- Drake & Kassie. Maybe even Peggy.  And of course Joe. It really must wreck havoc with their story-lines and taping schedules.  Maybe it wouldn't make much difference to what we're getting on screen, but I guess just the thought of Days possibly getting cancelled is enough to make me feel differently about the show and characters I first started following in the 80's.

Today's the 13,000th episode. One of the spoilers suggests the possibility of flashbacks.  Probably not, but it would be a nice way to mark the occasion.

• Love 2

Andre is getting way too much screentime.

It's good to know that murderers in Salem are sent to a prison where they can escape simply by hopping in (or being thrown in) a dumpster.

The Chad/Failure scenes were boring. BF alone isn't going to be enough to save this if the writers aren't going to step it up.

Anna is ridiculous. That is all.

• Love 3

Someone else online posted a recap of the 12, 000th episode and it included this:

Sami confides in her aunt that she and Rafe are going to give it another try. Hope is happy for Sami and promises a love like theirs will never die.

.....yipes.

Ohhhhh, I hadn't considered the huge tape-ahead. It will be kind of creepy if Stefano does actually pop up then, since Joe has been dead for quite awhile

This was taped six months ago, and Joe died last month. It's likely his health might have already declined within his last six months to a point where he couldn't tape. Consider: his last appearance aired when...April? So it would have been taped Oct 2015. This stuff was taped July 2016. I can't imagine him being in good enough shape nine months into his medically-required "retirement" to film more. Given the course Alzheimer's patients take, it's likely he'd have lost weight and been less able to remember things. :(

I'd enjoy one last appearance, mind you, but I'm not expecting one.

Edited by DisneyBoy
17 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Someone else online posted a recap of the 12, 000th episode and it included this:

.....yipes.

As much as I'm not a huge Sonny/Paul fan (I think they are just ok , but remain optimistic) I actually really appreciate the fact that Will is a talking point in their relationship.  They aren't pretending that their pasts don't matter and that it is just so easy to get back together after a complicated situation.

Hope and Rafe I don't believe have ever had a conversation about Sami.

JJ and Gabi have briefly talked about Nick and Will in relation to their relationship but I don't believe have talked about Paige being Gabi's sister.

4 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

JJ and Gabi have briefly talked about Nick and Will in relation to their relationship but I don't believe have talked about Paige being Gabi's sister.

Gabi talked about Paige being her half-sister to Eduardo and Rafe, but no, not to J.J.

Today, I appreciated the callback Rafe made to Anna, at E.J.'s behest, kidnapping Sydney.

• Love 2

Okay, I totally forgot about their blood connection. I actually found Gabi a refreshing break from his Paige/Eve past last year....

• Love 1

I'm loving Deidre as Hattie.  She's probably having a great time.

Anna, you should know never to say that somebody you know doesn't have a previously unknown child. Anna is just a little crazy.

"Look, Matthew, these are all of your Horton ancestors."  Poor child.

Is this person really Abigail? She's eating food she doesn't eat, Andre said he has a surprise for Chad ...

"Does she know she's not in France?"

Ugh, that horrible song with that horrible singer again.

Ooh, Rafe, going back in history to call out Anna for kidnapping.

"I don't like the sound of that."  "You should hear it in Czech."

• Love 1

Regarding today's show, all I can really do is echo the late, great, Dr. Hoffman from Dark Shadows fame and ask,

Julia%20dr..gif

WTF WAS all that today?  

And is Jenn back on pills, because I can guarantee her Grandma and Grampa would NOT be thrilled with practically anything.

• Love 1

I get Hattie wanting to save Hope from being killed. What I don't get is where is the prison warden in all this? And the state police or whoever has jurisdiction?

Anna is sufficiently looney. Carting around Tony's remains is a bit goofy. She can certainly buy some sort of necklace that she can put a few of his ashes in - instead.

I bypassed some of the show to watch Obama's final speech to the US.

First off Anna Dimera is back!!!!  Leann Hunley still has the most beautiful hair.  Why are they writing Anna so desperate and daffy?  Yes, Anna has always been spirited but never crazy or that impulsive.

As much as I like Marlena I have always loved how she is so put off by Anna, and their "frenemy" relationship.  Seriously Paul has never heard of Anna?  Paul has never heard her name before or did research on the Dimera family?  John has always considered Carrie his daughter, Paul should of at least recognized her name as Carrie's mother, even if he hasn't met Carrie yet.

I'm assuming the phone call Rafe made was to Carrie.

I do love the inclusion of Anna to remind everyone that Hope and Marlena aren't the only people who have reason to hate Stefano and want him dead.  Anna has always hated Stefano with good reason. 

• Love 2
10 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Seriously Paul has never heard of Anna?  Paul has never heard her name before or did research on the Dimera family?  John has always considered Carrie his daughter, Paul should of at least recognized her name as Carrie's mother, even if he hasn't met Carrie yet.

I can't imagine Jawn spending time with "the kid," talking about anyone other than himself -- maybe "Doc" if she's in the room.

Edited by Sandman
Out an "about."
  • Love 3

I would rather see John than Sparkle. He actually has history with Stefano and his involvement in this story would actually mean something. It feels like Sparkle was inserted as a replacement since Drake wasn't available to film.

• Love 3

Well...yeah. That's what happened :P

You're right of course...but so far this story is so odd I don't see Jawn's presence adding much. Paul is a different option, at least.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Are Nicole and Deimos supposed to be rootable? I feel like he could punch her in the face if she says something he doesn't like and she'd cry and say she deserved it.

I didn't think this Hope story could get more ridiculous. I was wrong.

The Scooby Gang need to ditch Anna because she's tiring. 

• Love 2

I think the problem with Paul here is that they are writing him a little too "green" for this mission.  Yes, he is still "new" and doesn't have the personal history with Stefano and the Dimeras but he should be a bit more knowledgeable about the situation as a whole.  Like with the Anna mention it would of made more sense that when Marlena told Paul that she is Anna Dimera, Paul response should of been something like "Oh, Anna Dimera, she is Carrie's mother right?" or "She was married to Tony". 

Some sort of recognition or mention that Paul has been studying or immersing himself in everything Stefano and the Dimeras would of been a nice way to catch him up and not make it feel like he is such an outsider.

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Are Nicole and Deimos supposed to be rootable? I feel like he could punch her in the face if she says something he doesn't like and she'd cry and say she deserved it.

I didn't think this Hope story could get more ridiculous. I was wrong.

The Scooby Gang need to ditch Anna because she's tiring. 

The writing for Deimos is so uneven, that it helps lead credence to Chloe's concerns about handing over the baby. Chloe is definitely in the wrong but it is becoming so hard to side with anything Deimos related.  When he was first introduced you understood his revenge and was even root able as a grey character, now he just comes across as an a**hole who is sporadically nice to Nicole.

• Love 3

I'm so not into Deimos with Nicole.  Can't wait for Eric to come back.

So interesting that Rafe the policeman endorses a prisoner escaping from prison.

Are they going to bother to let us know the name of Austin and Carrie's baby?

The magistrate takes Anna's daughter's word for it that Anna has escaped from a mental facility?

"Put Sean on the phone."  How did Rafe know Sean was standing there? If I were Sean I would have hung up on Rafe when he started yelling at him.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, JBC344 said:

I think the problem with Paul here is that they are writing him a little too "green" for this mission.  Yes, he is still "new" and doesn't have the personal history with Stefano and the Dimeras but he should be a bit more knowledgeable about the situation as a whole.  Like with the Anna mention it would of made more sense that when Marlena told Paul that she is Anna Dimera, Paul response should of been something like "Oh, Anna Dimera, she is Carrie's mother right?" or "She was married to Tony". 

Some sort of recognition or mention that Paul has been studying or immersing himself in everything Stefano and the Dimeras would of been a nice way to catch him up and not make it feel like he is such an outsider.

Seems like they could have spent the long plane ride over there to bring him up to speed...

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Michel said:

Why would Steve not care about what happens to Anna?  Do they have some kind of bad history between them?

Not that I remember.  Steve was around the last time Anna was in Salem but I don't think anything happened between them.  Although a lot of the characters have always had a holier than thou relationship towards Anna.  That is until they needed something from her, or needed help in taking down the Dimeras then it was always "Anna we need you to help us, you can't say no."

• Love 4
23 minutes ago, rustyspigot said:

I was wondering if Anna showed up so she can get the governor to pardon Hope like she did when Nicole was in prison for kidnapping Sydney. But, they would never recycle a plot, right?  

Lol, I wouldn't put it past them.  In between insulting her, they realize she has something to offer them.  Nice callback, and at the time an interesting way to logically explain getting Nicole out of prison. 

What the hell is up Steve's ass about Anna?  I know she got in their way but what is up with the malice towards her.  I can understand Rafe and his holier than thou attitude, and even Marlena has always been sketchy around Anna, but really unlike Steve.  Ironically Anna has always fared better with the boys; Roman, John, and Bo always had a fondness for Anna.

• Love 2

So, Hope is thrown into a dumpster, wakes up, and clobbers the dude who 'rescued' her. Maybe ask who he is first? Why would the gruesome twosome arrange for her to 'escape'?

Carrie and Austin seemed a bit useless. Except for rescuing Anna, what was the point? Doesn't Billie the ISA agent live in Europe too?

Nice of Deimos to find a store associate with a huge selection of expensive (fake) rocks. I hope she has his credit card number to bill the ring to. A cheque? These days? Not a lot of stores take 'em anymore. I'd probably say that I'd think about marriage with him. Nikki, he does have a dark side.

• Love 1
42 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

So, Hope is thrown into a dumpster, wakes up, and clobbers the dude who 'rescued' her. Maybe ask who he is first? Why would the gruesome twosome arrange for her to 'escape'?

Carrie and Austin seemed a bit useless. Except for rescuing Anna, what was the point? Doesn't Billie the ISA agent live in Europe too?

Nice of Deimos to find a store associate with a huge selection of expensive (fake) rocks. I hope she has his credit card number to bill the ring to. A cheque? These days? Not a lot of stores take 'em anymore. I'd probably say that I'd think about marriage with him. Nikki, he does have a dark side.

Funny you mention it.  When Shane was describing the ISA agent who identified Stefano, and kept going on how she was definitely sure it was him I immediately thought "Oh Billie is the agent".  Billie hasn't been in the ISA for a little while now but they could of had her go back to working with Shane when she left Salem the last time.

I have to mention Austin's "face acting" every time Carrie mentioned Rafe.  We get it Austin you hate Rafe.  I have a love/hate relationship with Austin Peck but subtlety is not his strong suit. Nice to see him and Carrie though.

• Love 1
56 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Funny you mention it.  When Shane was describing the ISA agent who identified Stefano, and kept going on how she was definitely sure it was him I immediately thought "Oh Billie is the agent".  Billie hasn't been in the ISA for a little while now but they could of had her go back to working with Shane when she left Salem the last time.

I have to mention Austin's "face acting" every time Carrie mentioned Rafe.  We get it Austin you hate Rafe.  I have a love/hate relationship with Austin Peck but subtlety is not his strong suit. Nice to see him and Carrie though.

This show loves to use Billie, as an interloper, for the supercouples. She was used as one for Bope and Stayla. This show would probably put her with Shane to create angst for Kim.. I go back and forth with Billie, I resented her, for a long time, because, JER, tried to put her, on the same level, as Hope. That rubbed me the wrong way.  I personally feel that Carly could have been that for Bo, in time.  I did love Bo/Carly version 1, in the 90's. They were so awesome.

We finally find out today that Carrie and Austin's son's name is Noah.  Christie is still beautiful. 

Rafe is annoying, go away already. I did not like how he yelled at Sean, like, he cares more, for Hope, than him. Let it go, Dena. Rafe will never be Beauregard Brady.

Steve's dislike of Anna is odd.  I don't remember them having beef. The Marlena/Anna dynamic was always interesting. She was the only woman that made Marlena second guess herself.  I am glad that the show never made enemies.  They always rose above their differences, for the sake of Carrie.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I assume Steve and the rest of them have no use for Anna because she's acting like she's off her meds, carrying around the ashes of a dead man, coming up with half backed schemes to murder Stefano, and messed up their plan to find him.

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I assume Steve and the rest of them have no use for Anna because she's acting like she's off her meds, carrying around the ashes of a dead man, coming up with half backed schemes to murder Stefano, and messed up their plan to find him.

Ironically no stranger than any of the half backed actions of those involved.  Pot meet kettle.

With all of Steve's exploits the last few years he is in no position to judge Anna.  Hey Steve, remember when Andre killed your foster son Benjy and you went crazy and held Stefano hostage.  Say hi to your old friend Anna whose husband was killed in the Dimera crossfire, I'm sure you can relate.

Aprentice79, I have also always appreciated that they don't go the stereotypical route with Anna and Marlena hating each other.  They have always come across as befuddled sisters/cousins but never hated each other.  Deep down they do like and have respected each other over the years.

Days, please stop trying to make Rafe happen.  Stop yelling at Shawn D as if he has no connection to Hope.  In this collection of players your the second newest member after Paul.  Hell, even Anna has had a longer relationship with Hope than you.  And while we are at it maybe you should take a second and silently acknowledge that you went from Sami, to lusting after Carrie, to Hope.  Two nieces and an aunt. 

• Love 2
6 hours ago, JBC344 said:

Ironically no stranger than any of the half backed actions of those involved.  Pot meet kettle.

With all of Steve's exploits the last few years he is in no position to judge Anna.  Hey Steve, remember when Andre killed your foster son Benjy and you went crazy and held Stefano hostage.  Say hi to your old friend Anna whose husband was killed in the Dimera crossfire, I'm sure you can relate.

I mean, I don't disagree, but Anna seems like she would be an extremely exasperating person to deal with right about now, so I can't fault them for not wanting anything to do with her right now. Plus, they're super determined to find Stefano so innocent little murderer Hope can be released from prison before the one dimensional bad guys kill her.

I don't think they would've seriously let Anna rot in jail indefinitely. 

Austin and Carrie are still in Fake Prague so they haven't crossed paths with Failure yet. I would be surprised if Failure lying about hooking up with Austin was even acknowledged since the writers seem to be going in a little bit of a different direction with the character. 

• Love 1

Darn you guys are so on top of this. Show is not that boboring.  What did  Anna just say? Unfortunately the wrong people came back? how much fun is Hattie.  At this point I have to love to hate hope.  

• Love 1

I was never a great Anna fan in the day but how great is she.  Also happy Jen and others decided to go  grey. New Failure has the advantage being older and more mature.  D eimos makes me puke.