Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Except for an escape from her 'parents', why would Jade want Dim-Bulb Joey? Desperation smells. I don't know why Days needs another kid, if this is the case. Jade, you can take a bunch of antibiotics and that would most likely solve the baby problem.

Theresa, tell Brady the truth. His family has lots of money and probably a private island or Greek fortress. Far too self-destructive.

I'm assuming that JJ's one night stand will be making an appearance soon (if it is not Jade). I still have no idea what his status is with Gabi and if they are exclusive. She seems to be having an emotional affair, at least, with Chad.

• Love 1

Mateo is in Salem, trying to get Theresa to go back to Mexico. Shane knows this. How hard would it be for Shane and Steve to follow Theresa around and take Mateo out next time she meets up with him? This is not a difficult problem.

Kim's hair though, YIKES! that is a terrible color

• Love 9

I'm very glad to be skipping JL's exit story.  I love her and came to appreciate Theresa after she was let out of the Devereaux bubble.  It's too bad the character wasn't allowed to keep any of her edge at all, though.  But then this is a huge problem with soaps - they don't know how to write strong, compelling women.  And after what happened Tuesday night, which has left me feeling more un-valued and de-valued as a woman than at any other time in my life, it makes me wish all the more than daytime would finally join the 21st century.

• Love 7
8 hours ago, annabel said:

Mateo is in Salem, trying to get Theresa to go back to Mexico. Shane knows this. How hard would it be for Shane and Steve to follow Theresa around and take Mateo out next time she meets up with him? This is not a difficult problem.

Kim's hair though, YIKES! that is a terrible color

I agree with this entire gorgeous post!  And if Shane or Steve didn't want to kill anyone, I have no doubt that Victor could get a minion to do it.  It's beyond stupid that Theresa is destroying her life this way and her parents are going along with it.  Again, JL is killing it but she deserves a better exit story line then this.

I adore Patsy Pease and for the most part I think she looks great but the bright red hair is doing her no favors--it's okay to age gracefully :)

• Love 4
6 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I'm very glad to be skipping JL's exit story.  I love her and came to appreciate Theresa after she was let out of the Devereaux bubble.  It's too bad the character wasn't allowed to keep any of her edge at all, though.  But then this is a huge problem with soaps - they don't know how to write strong, compelling women.  And after what happened Tuesday night, which has left me feeling more un-valued and de-valued as a woman than at any other time in my life, it makes me wish all the more than daytime would finally join the 21st century.

Yes to theNth degree.  Great post.  

• Love 3
6 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

It's too bad the character wasn't allowed to keep any of her edge at all, though.  But then this is a huge problem with soaps - they don't know how to write strong, compelling women.

I'd argue that this show in particular doesn't know how to writer strong compelling characters of either gender. Off the top of my head I'd say Steve and Kayla and maybe Maggie, and Victor are the only ones who are in decent shape (Victor is an asshole most of the time, but it's largely in character). Every other character is a mess.  

• Love 5
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I agree with this entire gorgeous post!  And if Shane or Steve didn't want to kill anyone, I have no doubt that Victor could get a minion to do it.  It's beyond stupid that Theresa is destroying her life this way and her parents are going along with it.  Again, JL is killing it but she deserves a better exit story line then this.

I adore Patsy Pease and for the most part I think she looks great but the bright red hair is doing her no favors--it's okay to age gracefully :)

I hate that hair color, why doesn't she go back to Blonde..She always looked beautiful as a blonde..I hate what she has done to her face...Yikes!  I think that Patsy is wearing a wig...I think she has a brown pixie cut in real life....

This Theresa storyline is so awful, but, typical Dena..There is no buildup to it and it is so nonsensical...Shane is part of the ISA, it is inconceivable that he would not move heaven and earth to protect his daughter.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Sandman said:

Yeah -- surely a small-time Mexican drug lord is no great obstacle for the ISA and its one-time ace operative and Chief International Man of Mystery, Shane Donovan?

Yes!  Especially since he is after his daughter!  It all seems so ridiculous.  On a shallow note, Charles Shaughnessy looks pretty amazing.  I always found him to be quite dashing and handsome.   

• Love 8

Charles has seemed....less than disturbed by his daughter's situation of late...I haven't seen the actor since The Nanny, but he still seems to be playing up the comedy of the part more than anything. Patsy is playing it all - terror, concern, desperation - and he sounds like he's talking Theresa out of a bad business investment.

Also: why fret about helping Steve with Hope's situation when you are clearly in need of assistance with Mateo, who is possibly going to rape or kill your kid?

• Love 1

Wait, what Theresa is leaving? 

I see chemistry between Chad and Gabi.  I saw chemistry with JJ and Theresa too. Too bad  she's leaving.

If Chad leaves, then I most likely won't bother to check in with the show periodically anymore. 

• Love 1
4 hours ago, bantering said:

No worries. I'm just curious as to why she's leaving. Did the producers fire her or is the actress leaving by choice?

Jen Lilley?  It's by choice.  She didn't want to renew her contract and is leaving at the end of this coming week.

• Love 1

...but has said she'd be willing to return. So hopefully, that counts out her being killed *fingers crossed*.

I guess after all these months I've given up hope....but it's worth pointing out: Ann has been AWOL from Theresa's life for the last two months and it sucks. She had better appear with her this week.

• Love 3

The character of Ann needs a partner like Jack...someone she can bounce off of especially with her humor. Ann is the Calliope of today. I really hope she stays once Theresa leaves, and gets a reasonable storyline...even if it's just for comedy relief.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MsTree said:

The character of Ann needs a partner like Jack...someone she can bounce off of especially with her humor. Ann is the Calliope of today. I really hope she stays once Theresa leaves, and gets a reasonable storyline...even if it's just for comedy relief.

OMG, Anne and Jack would be great together.  It sort of reminds me when they had Jack and Greta paired as friends with her thinking he was gay and trying to pair him up with men.  Or Jack and Sami, Jack and Billie.  Jack has really had some great friend pairings with women.

Can we bring Greta back as Hope's surrogate daughter.  That is a Hope storyline I could get into.  I'm tired of her romantic pairings.  I would rather see Hope with her children.  Bonus points if they bring back a twenty something JT.  Hope with Greta, Ciara, JT, and Chelsea. 

• Love 1

Today's episode is pissing me off. Theresa's potentially on the brink of death, but let's spend time watching Failure chitchat with Andre and Hope get off the hook.

How did Justin get the obstruction charge dropped?? That's all she's been doing for the last nine months!

I'm bummed they didn't say Abby got plastic surgery to stick it to Mansi for being a Diva and (probably) refusing to wear the burn makeup and mask on her last day.

The New Girl did alright. The writers are beyond stupid for having Laura, Andre and Abby team up, though. I can't swallow that, especially with 95% of it taking place off-screen.

Gabi freaking over JJ cheating is a bit of a lame acting choice and a cliche response. Would have much preferred her to be quiet and sad and caught off-guard than near hysterical. You know, something more subtle.

It's interesting seeing Victo actively save Theresa's life. He's hated her for years... and I think it's safe to assume he was originally the one who kidnapped her son away to make her look unfit...

... Dena has really put the effort in to rehabilitate the character. Now Victor is giving up his job for Maggie and saving Brady's fiance's life and not taking bloody revenge on Deimos and not being responsible for Tate's kidnapping. Three months ago, I would have assumed he'd never give up his career or his quest to destroy Deimos and Theresa.

Just think, Victor might still have been in prison now if the old writing regime had had their way.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3

I don't understand Theresa's thought process and I don't find her playing the martyr to be at all appealing. (1) Half her family is in law enforcement. I find it extremely hard to believe that she couldn't explain her situation to them and ask for help. I find it extremely difficult that her ISA agent father can't do more to help her. (2) If I'm understanding correctly, isn't she only planning to stay with Mateo long enough to get enough evidence to have him sent to prison? IF so, why can't she just tell this to Brady? All she needs to do is make it clear to him that if he tries to play hero he and Theresa will be killed and Tate will be an orphan. (3) Why did she decide to overdose on drugs? What is wrong with her? She wants her child to know she decided to go on another drug binge and ended up killing herself? She's not an addict - she could control herself if she wanted to. She overdosed to "escape"? What? Leaving Brady a note and then leaving would be better than almost killing herself. 

Rafe and Hope are filth.

Still confused as to why the writers are breaking up Gabi and JJ at the same time as Failure makes her unnecessary return. If Gabi and Chad are't getting together what's the point of this?

The writing is terrible. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 4

I dunno,  I kind of like this actress playing Abifail better than that KM already.   She really channels that weirdo,  freakish  and mentally disturbed characteristics that KM tried to do but couldn't truly pull off.  KM played Abby too much like a cute,  self absorbed drip.   Not saying MM isn't cute,  I think she's kind of girl next doorish,  but there is something about her that makes me buy into Abby a tad more with MM playing it.   MM is no different from any new soap actress,  she's gonna need a little time,  from not being green but I think she's right now a decent recast that has some room to grow.  

• Love 3

I tend to keep up w/the show primarily through what I can glean through posts on this forum, but watched today to see how new Abby would be. I was impressed, actually - in photos the actress always looks like she's just washed her face before bed, so I was afraid she'd be equally wan in her acting. I thought she showed some personality right out of the gate. It reminded me of what us Santa Barbara fans hoped for back in the day (but didn't get) from the first Kelly Capwell recast after Robin Wright left. She might have actual ingenue chops.

• Love 1

Damn, Obama is doing a press conference so I'm going to be missing the beginning of the show.

Actually, most of the show, now. 45 minutes gone. And then they went into five minutes of commercials.

"murder one" is a reduced charge?  Damn!

Even when it's your niece, does a doctor really have the right under federal law to call an adult person's mother to let them know that person's medical condition?

Thomas still sounds horribly congested.

• Love 2

Okay, it looks like Victor is coming to save the day regarding Theresa!  This is my supposition but I think he realizes that Theresa's accidental overdose is the cover they need to get her to safety and away from Mateo.  I kind of want to see a scene with Victor, Kim and Shane all in a room together and they realize they all want what is best for Theresa.  I also liked Kayla's genuine worry for Theresa--sure they could have interacted more on the show but when it counts, she showed up and saved her niece's life.

I really liked the scenes with Gabi and JJ--both actors brought a lot of believable emotion, particularly Gabi's hurt at JJ's betrayal.  Not too impressed by the new chick playing Abby--she seems kind of bland.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 1

I dipped my toe into show today - why is JJ so sure he had sex with a woman?  Hell, Show, give me a reason to come back!!

The new Abigail is already 10 steps ahead because she's not Kate Mansi.  (Sparks with Andre?  Nah, just kidding...)

I can't watch the Theresa stuff, just can't.

Hope should get Murder in the 1st JUST for this storyline.

Claire is an annoying twit all of a sudden.  Too bad Show decided to make her the new Ciara.

• Love 2

Andre looked very red.

I didn't think that JJ and Gabi were very serious.  Or maybe I slept through a few eps.

The overdose could potentially write Theresa out. Kayla did have a major conflict of interest in calling Kim about her daughter. Brady is not her husband - yet.

Chad will probably figure out that someone found the stuffed toy.

Hope, maybe you need a long vacation. Doubt she will see a lot of jail time. Unless it is at the prison's Salem Wing.

NuAbby seemed bland.

• Love 2

t's going to be extremely hard for me to give the new actress a chance because I hate this character so much.

I don't understand what's wrong with this show. Why are the writers only capable of good/decent writing for a few months at a time? The writers are changed out like once a year so you would think eventually we'd get someone who knows what they're doing. 

• Love 4

Just caught Friday's Theresa/JJ scenes - good stuff.

Did she ever get scenes with him when his affair with Eve came out? Cause he was her Ex, and he hooked up with her sister and niece! Surprised she could bring herself to even speak with him....

53 minutes ago, Michel said:

We get it, @LeftPhalange.  You don't like Abigail, especially after Kate's stint in the role.  But might the rest of us at least give Marci a chance without you coming down on her every single time she's mentioned?

If she's on my screen and she says or does something I don't like I don't see why I shouldn't be able to comment. How does me not liking the character interfere with your enjoyment of her? I read posts all the time criticizing characters I like and it doesn't bother me. 

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

If she's on my screen and she says or does something I don't like I don't see why I shouldn't be able to comment. How does me not liking the character interfere with your enjoyment of her? I read posts all the time criticizing characters I like and it doesn't bother me. 

Because . . . it makes me not want to enjoy her?

4 hours ago, Michel said:

Because . . . it makes me not want to enjoy her?

With all due respect, that's kind of your problem.  Every poster on this board comes to talk about the show--there will be praise, there will be snark, there will be anger, there will be absolute joy.  We are all here to state on our opinion and it's not your place to stop someone from expressing their thoughts.  Just skip over any posts you think are too negative.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

t's going to be extremely hard for me to give the new actress a chance because I hate this character so much. 

That's the way I feel too.  I'm not sure if the Abigail character was ever a good or kind person, but the character I watched for 2 years was not. Therefore, the new actress starts off at a disadvantage.  

But a good actress can even make a bad character sympathetic. For example, even though the character was unneeded, I often found myself liking the mother/daughter relationship between Maggie and Summer, though I suspect we were supposed to dislike Summer. Also, for some odd reason, I actually liked the Theresa character more when she was the "mean girl".

So it will be interesting to see how the writers continue to write Abigail, and how the new actress portrays her.  Yesterday, btw, I wasn't impressed.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

With all due respect, that's kind of your problem.  Every poster on this board comes to talk about the show--there will be praise, there will be snark, there will be anger, there will be absolute joy.  We are all here to state on our opinion and it's not your place to stop someone from expressing their thoughts.  Just skip over any posts you think are too negative.

I already do.  And sounds like I will continue to do so.

• Love 3

Hey, if it makes you feel any better, I love Kristen...and most people online call her Kritter now because of the shitty writing that turned her into a rather unlikable character. I deal.

Also, for some odd reason, I actually liked the Theresa character more when she was the "mean girl".

Ditto. I think Jen just showed up on the show determined to make a mark and relished playing the Bad Girl. Watching Theresa fantasize about a successful runway show or winning Brady's approval was never going to be as satisfying.

Plus this show is overrun with saintly Good Girls.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
On 11/12/2016 at 8:31 PM, DisneyBoy said:

Charles has seemed....less than disturbed by his daughter's situation of late...I haven't seen the actor since The Nanny, but he still seems to be playing up the comedy of the part more than anything. Patsy is playing it all - terror, concern, desperation - and he sounds like he's talking Theresa out of a bad business investment.

I love Charles Shaughnessy but I feel this way too.  It seems  like he is suppressing the urge to giggle in his scenes.  Still love seeing him though! And Kim too - nobody cried and sold sadness like Patsy Pease did back in the day.

And WOW to that Steve and Kayla love scene.  Broken record here, but no soap couple sells it like they do.  There have been a lot of other couples that I have loved through the years, from other shows too, and nobody does it like these two. It's just different, whatever they got (MBE & SN).  Just makes me sad that 30 years have passed.  30 years!

• Love 3

New Abigail is not bad.  She really sold me on the edge of hysteria crazy in her scene with Andre when she begged Andre to help her disappear.  I'm not sure why Andre helped her but I'm sure Abigail will live to regret that.  Every time Andre smiles he reminds me of the big bad wolf.  I really like Peng his in this villain role.  He always make my skin crawl.

Jen Lilley is really acting out in her last days on DOOL.  I think I shall miss Theresa when she finally leaves Salem.

• Love 7

Call me crazy, but shouldn't the police force have investigated the scene of the crime after Hope's confession? I just don't understand how a judge can sentence someone when there's no evidence and two different people have already been sent to jail for the murder. How on earth would Justin have convinced the judge to overturn conspiracy charges when Hope clearly went along with framing Andre and then allowing some other mobster to take the heat? AND she's on the force?

Look, I'm not saying Hope was wrong to finally kill Stefano...but I cannot stomach hearing everybody talk about how the judge is corrupt and how Hope should be free to walk. How can we possibly take any storylines seriously moving forward if the heroes are now free to openly murder and cover up the so-called villains and then get a pass?

With all of the police procedural shows out there to borrow from, I really wouldn't have thought it would be too much to expect of the writers of Days to at least put in an effort to show something resembling an investigation.

Jennifer acting like she can put a positive spin on this is laughable.

I hope Chad appears in court.

Hey wait - if the judge is on the DiMera payroll or something, should that mean Chad is paying her??

• Love 6

I just can't with any of these people acting indignant and appalled that a judge and a prosecutor want a murdering cop to be sent to prison for her crimes. This whole thing is even more disgusting when you think about what's going on in the world regarding law enforcement shooting unarmed people. 

The fact that Jen is writing the story on Hope is a major red flag that The Spectator can't be trusted to follow journalistic ethics. It might as well be nothing more than a gossip rag. 

• Love 6

They probably all think Andre is paying off the judge.

Where the hell is Chad anyway?  Shouldn't he be in court to see if his father will get justice?  

Kate and Eduardo have a nice chemistry.  Eddie seem to really appreciate Kate's intelligence and business know how.  Who knows, he might really be good for her.  Too bad he's been acting kind of shady and super secretive with this new business he and Dario are going into.

I like how Blanca excuses herself from the table and then deliberately listens in on the conversation between Ed and Dario.  That's  actually the most interesting thing she's done on this Show.  This pretty actress is so wasted on DOOL.

Nice to see Brandon Beemer back again.  Why they ever fired him from the Show I'll never know.

• Love 1