Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

See, I think it has more to do with Will than Paul being John's son.  At this moment Will is dead so it isn't like Sonny is betraying her grandson.  I don't see Marlena having any real objection.  She has shown to deeply care for both Sonny and Paul.  Now if Will were alive I could see some trepidation from Marlena if she thought Will would get hurt but Will being out of the picture sort of makes it all a moot point. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

See, I think it has more to do with Will than Paul being John's son.  At this moment Will is dead so it isn't like Sonny is betraying her grandson.  I don't see Marlena having any real objection.  She has shown to deeply care for both Sonny and Paul.  Now if Will were alive I could see some trepidation from Marlena if she thought Will would get hurt but Will being out of the picture sort of makes it all a moot point. 

True..I was speaking in general though....I wished that the show had kept John as Roman, I am watching the Stockholm storyline..Drake was so awesome as Roman...

• Love 5

Hopefully they'll clear up the details on that before the break. It's annoying not being able to follow the crumbs...and I worry the show will allow details to fall through the cracks. They've done it so frequently this year.

• Love 1

I'm liking the interactions amongst the Hernandez siblings--the conversations between Rafe, Dario and Gabi feel like actual brothers/sisters which is rather lovely.  I am however entirely tired of Mama Hernandez and her negative and mean comments towards Hope--calling her "that woman" and acting as if Rafe is too good for her.  WTF?!

I do love seeing Gabi defend herself so well against her would-be attacker--now that's how a soap heroine gets it done :)

I kind of love seeing Deimos' determination to win Nicole but now we have Chloe and Phillip angst regarding her pregnancy and I'm already exhausted by the storyline.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

I'm really bored and catching up a little while doing other things (I do feel the need to explain why I am watching), and Jennifer HATES what Aiden did to Hope but she has to hire him.  Hear that Hope, she has to.  

Yeah, okay.  

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, serenitynow said:

In her defense, there are only 2 other lawyers in town and Belle is representing Chad.  Not sure what Justin is doing.

Justin is the DA.  Him representing a private client would probably not be A Good Thing.

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Justin is the DA.  Him representing a private client would probably not be A Good Thing.

I still remember Justin's ruthless pursuit of Chad and over the top insistence that he JUST HAD to be the necktie killer, even though the evidence against him was circumstantial at best. Not to mention him stealing evidence in a case to help Prictor. Justin doesn't care about being ethical or following the rules.

If Adriana is just going to be another ridiculous, annoying, meddlesome parent then she can go. I get enough of that with Kate and Prictor. Sure, Hope is awful right now, but Adriana doesn't even know about the murder and coverup. She has a valid reason to not want her son with Hope, but maybe she should focus less on how awful Hope is and concentrate on convincing him that Hope shouldn't be dating right now and that he shouldn't settle for being someone's third choice. 

Aiden is foolish. LEAVE TOWN AND GET A FRESH START SOMEONE ELSE YOU IDIOT. You're going to end up dead or in prison if you scheme with Andre. 

So Dario is scheming with that guy? If he wasn't supposed to attack Gabi what was he's supposed to do? I'm over Dario and his daddy issues. If he doesn't want a relationship with Eduardo, fine, but the rest of his family should be allowed to make their own decisions without him interfering and whining. 

I find Phillip tolerable and maybe even likable in his scenes with Chloe. Maybe I just appreciate that someone is being nice to her instead of calling her a whore, forcing her into prostitution, or driving her to attempt suicide. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 9
1 hour ago, LeftPhalange said:

I still remember Justin's ruthless pursuit of Chad and over the top insistence that he JUST HAD to be the necktie killer, even though the evidence against him was circumstantial at best. Not to mention him stealing evidence in a case to help Prictor. Justin doesn't care about being ethical or following the rules.

If Adriana is just going to be another ridiculous, annoying, meddlesome parent then she can go. I get enough of that with Kate and Prictor. Sure, Hope is awful right now, but Adriana doesn't even know about the murder and coverup. She has a valid reason to not want her son with Hope, but maybe she should focus less on how awful Hope is and concentrate on convincing him that Hope shouldn't be dating right now and that he shouldn't settle for being someone's third choice. 

Aiden is foolish. LEAVE TOWN AND GET A FRESH START SOMEONE ELSE YOU IDIOT. You're going to end up dead or in prison if you scheme with Andre. 

So Dario is scheming with that guy? If he wasn't supposed to attack Gabi what was he's supposed to do? I'm over Dario and his daddy issues. If he doesn't want a relationship with Eduardo, fine, but the rest of his family should be allowed to make their own decisions without him interfering and whining. 

I find Phillip tolerable and maybe even likable in his scenes with Chloe. Maybe I just appreciate that someone is being nice to her instead of calling her a whore, forcing her into prostitution, or driving her to attempt suicide. 

What did we Phloe fans do, to not deserve a baby..First Parker was taken away, for that deviant orange doctor, now Deimos another pet will be getting his own family...Deimos needs to be given more depth and purpose. They keep throwing all of these women at him to make him more interesting and I just don't care....Phloe deserve their own baby, dammit! Philip and Alex should be the Kiriakis that are  driving stories for the house of the Kiriakis and not Deimos.....The show ignores their legacy children in favor of their own creations like Deimos and Summer's Eve...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Nicole is being written as such a dumbass in this Deimos story. It's a bummer. Why exactly would he be attractive to her? He's clearly nuts.

I don't get where things are going with Eddie. I don't get why Mami forgave him, if she even has...I don't get why Gabi calls him "Dad" after being mugged because of his sins...I don't get how he can be viable long-term.

Chloe's pain was good today. Relatable. Of course, I don't get why she would sleep with Deimos either. I'm liking Chlilip.

• Love 2

Damn, Adriana does speak her mind.  :) Hm.  Adriana + Roman? Their scenes were hilarious.

Dammit, another black scene that's impossible to see.

Wow, hooray for Gabi!

LOL on Nicole calling what Deimos and Kate had "scummy".

"Well, yeah, I don't like people, I don't trust people.  But that's something else we have in common!"

Wow, Dario, asshole much? I can't wait till they find out he paid that guy.

Oh, Philip, there are so many town pariahs who keep sticking around.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Nicole is being written as such a dumbass in this Deimos story. It's a bummer. Why exactly would he be attractive to her? He's clearly nuts.

I don't get where things are going with Eddie. I don't get why Mami forgave him, if she even has...I don't get why Gabi calls him "Dad" after being mugged because of his sins...I don't get how he can be viable long-term.

Chloe's pain was good today. Relatable. Of course, I don't get why she would sleep with Deimos either. I'm liking Chlilip.

Salem has a man shortage. Not really many to choose from. The ones around currently have been cycled through by most of the town's women. Deimos is different and is still relatively fresh. He may be a bit nuts, but he most likely bathes regularly and doesn't smell bad.

Mami, lay off your kids. They're well over the age of 21 and you should focus on your own life. Let Rafe learn a lesson from Hope.

Chloe really doesn't need another kid. Yes, she should let Deimos know and both can make a decision about the baby.

• Love 2

I DID watch Show today, I know I did, but man it passes as quickly through my mind like common sense and deceny passes through Jenn's.

Okay, Chloe, try blinking every now and then.  And maybe a little less makeup.  I feel like I'm watching an episode of "I, Robot" with her sometimes.  And Philip - either get a perm, braid it like you're Heidi watching Grandfather's goats or use that hair to completely cover your face.  He twitches and squints and jerks like he's wearing electric nipple clamps.  He and Chloe make an ....... oh hell, I'll be nice......interesting couple.  A couple of what, though, I'm not sure.

I like Mamma Hernandez but she's got to knock it off with the rudeness.  It's not cute.  Just look at Jennifer.  Mamma Hernandez is acting just a bit too much like a Horton.  Pipe down.

I know they're not everyone's cup of tea but I'm all aboard the Deimos/Nicole express.  He's handsome, he's a grownup, and he likes what he sees in Nicole, now that he's gotten past the resemblance to his dead girlfriend.  What a difference for Nicole to be with a guy who doesn't see her as a home improvement project.

Aidan and Andre....oh just kiss, you fools!!  Admit what we all can see, what is staring you both in the face!  Love in the Afternoon, indeed!  Now THAT would show Hope!!

• Love 15

NGL, I wouldn't mind Aiden and Andre.  Every soap needs a scheming odd couple and Days hasn't had one of those in a very long time.  Why not take their Dick Dastardly and Muttley-esque relationship to the next level?

I'm also loving Deimos and Nicole.  She hasn't had someone that wanted her and only her (and as the flawed person that she is) in the entire time I've watched this show.  Watching her turn herself into a pretzel for Dr. Tan was especially painful and rage-inducing.

JPL needs a decent hairstyle.  It really wouldn't solve any of his problems but it certainly wouldn't hurt.  He can be an ok-to-surprisingly-good actor when he dials back the facial tics and strange fast-talking, but he doesn't.  It's weird.  Aren't there directors and on-set acting coaches to help the actors produce better scenes?

Sadly it's no surprise that Caroline is shielding Victor when she knows he's up to no good.  I generally like her character but her preference for that spiteful old creep over her own children, grandchildren and great-grandchildren is pretty sick.

• Love 6

I've always assumed the directors focus on getting through as many pages as possible as fast as possible, and with as singular and obvious a message for each scene as can be managed. The idea of having on-set coaching hadn't even occurred to me, and I confess it's making me giggle a little bit. I don't think we would have seen the performances from Mansi, or Guy Wilson, or Nathan Owens, or JPL that we have seen if there was ready access to coaching. Or maybe the coaches are there, but they've got their hands full making Galen Gering look like he's awake.

• Love 8

Funny how big bad meanie Chad Dimeria, even after everything racoon Jen has said to him, is still reluctant to use her drug addiction against her. 

I can't keep track of how many times Deimos has proposed in the last two months.

When did Chloe and Dario meet each other?

Wouldn't it be more soapy if Chloe told Nicole about Deimos getting her pregnant and Nicole agreed to keep the truth from him all the while she tries to resist getting involved with him?

• Love 4

I really like Nicole's hair right now.

Er... uh ... is that Alison Janney doing Abigail's voice?

Dammit, Chad, let your Dimera flag fly.

OK, I like the piano, but it's turning into filler now.

Dammit.  NBC decided to supercede the final fifteen minutes with Obama.  Anything interesting happen on the Show?

• Love 2

Chloe patted her tummy right after Nicole left - letting her know that she can't give Deimos a baby. He's rich enough to pay for an adopted child or hire a surrogate. Not all women can have or want children and if that is a dealbreaker with some dude, bye. Your hair did look good, Nikki.

Jen, good for you for hurting your back while getting the 'nursery' ready for you grandson. You haven't even gotten in front of a judge yet, much less gotten custody. Unless Chad seriously self-destructs, you really don't have much of a claim. Other than your own ego. Surely you can find something to do with your time. Like go to your j-o-b. Take an art class, go to your AA meetings, or whatever. Chad, you are dealing with a Horton on High (with double entendre). Since she has a public drug addiction issue, you have every right to throw it at her.

• Love 7

There was no cliffhanger, Justin got fired and got replaced by Aiden...The show was awful today.....Not even Jack could save this mess today....Rope was so damn awful..Galen Gerin is so bad as an actor, he is so lifeless and leaves me cold......Hope is dead to me..I miss Bo.....

• Love 3

Do the writers think bringing out Ghost Jack makes racoon Jen sympathetic? It doesn't. I still hate her. 

I guess the "flicks and chill" mixup was supposed to be endearing but I just found it lame. Rafe should be young enough to know what that means.

I'm going to cut JJ some slack since he just found out, but I'm not interested in seeing everyone gang up on Chad and blame him for Failure's "death." Maybe if her filthy ass hadn't been cheating none of this would be happening. 

I don't feel at all sorry for Justin. He shouldn't have been doing Prictor's bidding. 

This is the big cliffhanger leading into the Olympics? Wow. I'm super excited to see what happens when the show comes back. These people are incompetent. 

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Do the writers think bringing out Ghost Jack makes racoon Jen sympathetic? It doesn't. I still hate her. 

I guess the "flicks and chill" mixup was supposed to be endearing but I just found it lame. Rafe should be young enough to know what that means.

I'm going to cut JJ some slack since he just found out, but I'm not interested in seeing everyone gang up on Chad and blame him for Failure's "death." Maybe if her filthy ass hadn't been cheating none of this would be happening. 

I don't feel at all sorry for Justin. He shouldn't have been doing Prictor's bidding. 

This is the big cliffhanger leading into the Olympics? Wow. I'm super excited to see what happens when the show comes back. These people are incompetent. 

God help us all who  still love this show, Dena is in charge. and Ken Corday is a fool for letting her...

• Love 3

I don't care why he was brought back, I still love Jack.

Please, please, please, can they have him still be alive with amnesia, maybe working at the clinic with comatose Abby. I know it's what they did with him and Steve but I don't care. He could come back to Salem, not remember Jenn or Abby (maybe JJ) and get involved with someone Jennifer would hate. I think him and Nicole would be great together.

Billy Flynn was great today. The look on his face as he read the document, the bewilderment, denial and then the sad acceptance of the situation, it all read true. I am still surprised he has stuck around as long he has - Days really is lucky to have him.

Edited by cmahorror
  • Love 6

I was planning to watch today to see the cliffhanger, but I ended up reading the early Twitter feed and saw there was nothing I wanted to see.  sad_smile.gif 

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 2

LOL on Rafe not knowing what Netflix and chill means.  :D I guess they did the Netflix and chill thing after all, though.

Er, uh, Jennifer, let's jump from Abigail dying to asking about the wedding?  Really? Was she high?

Do we have any idea why Andre is faking Abigail's being on that plane?

Oh, stfu, JJ.

Why isn't Jennifer having Daniel dreams? 

In what universe would Aiden Jennings get anywhere near the DA's office? But how would a new DA effect Rafe or Hope?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

There was no cliffhanger, Justin got fired and got replaced by Aiden...The show was awful today.....Not even Jack could save this mess today....Rope was so damn awful..Galen Gerin is so bad as an actor, he is so lifeless and leaves me cold......Hope is dead to me..I miss Bo.....

The show is so horrible that I doubt I will be back after the Olympics.  I'll check in with you guys to find out if Steve and Kayla are on as they are the only tolerable things on this show now; so naturally they are on the backburner.  I know that means being saddled with their dimwit son and pointless girlfriend, but I can walk away from or mute their scenes, but I just can't anymore.  I literally hate Hope and Jennifer, and they used to be among my favorites. Lucas keeps being treated like crap while the utter nothing that is Rafe is propped non-stop.  Nicole and Deimos have been made boring and stupid in the continued attempts to make Victor look like he is anything but a sycophant.  Theo, the only fully likable of the new teen set is never seen, now that Hope's horrid daughter has decided to obsess over Chad.

Regarding the never-ending Rafe prop. Guess what show, when an uber popular character has to be used to justify Rafe being paired with his wife on his final day, and you still have to bring back a character from the dead to further trash him in an effort to make your chosen pairing palatable, then you have a pairing that doesn't work. Given KA as Hope worked with Bo, John, Patrick, Aiden and GG as Rafe can't carry a storyline or a relationship even when paired with some of the stronger actresses on the show, then the problem clearly rests with him.  GG is a pretty face and not much else.  Heck, even dead Jack has more life in him than Rafe, but then again, Matthew Ashford can actually act.  I guess Rafe is the new Taniel, and we all know what a smashing success that character was.  

It's just sad to see Days squander all the good will it built up surrounding their 50th Anniversary.

Edited to add:  I just saw the promo for the after Olympics return and I am so tempted to come back soley because of the return of the show's best, most complex and interesting villain.  However, any story in the hands of the Higlemonster is bound to be a colossal mess and make hate this character, and not in the good way, but in the Hope and Jennifer way. I'm so torn.

Edited by Happytobehere
  • Love 5
4 hours ago, Happytobehere said:

Edited to add:  I just saw the promo for the after Olympics return and I am so tempted to come back soley because of the return of the show's best, most complex and interesting villain.  However, any story in the hands of the Higlemonster is bound to be a colossal mess and make hate this character, and not in the good way, but in the Hope and Jennifer way. I'm so torn.

After watching the promo, I'm excited. I know I'll eventually be disappointed, though.

• Love 1

No promo in Canada. :(

How did Aiden get to be DA, and so quickly? Something is rotten in Salem.

I hit the FF button for Hope and Rafe. Not interested. Hope's wound would probably still have stitches or be open in some fashion. Ugh.

Andre did a good job with Fakeabs' being presumed dead. Probably more ammo for Jennifer to use in her misguided custody battle.

It's going to be a peaceful two weeks' vacation from the show.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 1

I missed the promo.  Can someone please recap?

Today's show did indeed suck.  I absolutely despise Jennifer ... and JJ becomes nearly intolerable whenever he breathes the same room air as his mother.  She must throw off some serious jerk-ass pheromones. 

Also, it doesn't make a lick of sense that Matt Ashford is off the show while Missy Reeves is on.  Jack is infinitely more interesting than Jennifer, and as someone said awhile back MR hardly ever brings anything to the role but brittle church lady.  I love cmahorror's idea of an amnesiac Jack with Nicole.

Hope and Rafe are beyond boring.

I don't feel bad for Justin at all and am actually enjoying Aiden and Andre's scheming. 

ETA:  Billy Flynn was awesome today.  Selfishly I hope he sticks around for a good long while, though I don't know why he would.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
Additional comment
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I missed the promo.  Can someone please recap?

Today's show did indeed suck.  I absolutely despise Jennifer ... and JJ becomes nearly intolerable whenever he breathes the same room air as his mother.  She must throw off some serious jerk-ass pheromones. 

Also, it doesn't make a lick of sense that Matt Ashford is off the show while Missy Reeves is on.  Jack is infinitely more interesting than Jennifer, and as someone said awhile back MR hardly ever brings anything to the role but brittle church lady.  I love cmahorror's idea of an amnesiac Jack with Nicole.

Hope and Rafe are beyond boring.

I don't feel bad for Justin at all and am actually enjoying Aiden and Andre's scheming. 

ETA:  Billy Flynn was awesome today.  Selfishly I hope he sticks around for a good long while, though I don't know why he would.

The promo is in the spoiler section, it has some good casting information for the show after the olympics..

• Love 2

Today's episode, 8/8, was the best I've seen in weeks, maybe months.  I can't wait for tomorrow.

Show is finally on a roll!!  And we thought Higley couldn't do it..... Shame on us.

Oh!  Rafe and Hope were never more entrancing than they were today.  Literally never.  And I enjoyed Julie and Doug a LOT today, too - and Jenn, more charming than I remember her being in decades.

Yup, more shows like today!

Edited by boes
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, boes said:

Today's episode, 8/8, was the best I've seen in weeks, maybe months.  I can't wait for tomorrow.

Show is finally on a roll!!  And we thought Higley couldn't do it..... Shame on us.

Oh!  Rafe and Hope were never more entrancing than they were today.  Literally never.  And I enjoyed Julie and Doug a LOT today, too - and Jenn, more charming than I remember her being in decades.

Yup, more shows like today!

I have been thoroughly enjoying the siesta from Days.  My husband once again asked me in a puzzled way why I continue to watch when I obviously dislike it so much.  I keep thinking they'll bring in someone new and pique my interest again, and if they do, I want to be current.  It happened before when they brought Carly back.  Maybe I need to abandon hope at this point (pun intended because I'd like to leave her behind too).

• Love 4

Ditto ^^^ I feel like there's a huge burst of energy and zip missing since Sami  gone. And imho she drove a lot of story and even people who's story she wasn't the center of, would have benefitted from her on the outside as supporting.  Def the Nicole, Kate, Belle, Ciara stories would have been improved if she was in as a support. 

• Love 6

I used to feel that way about GH, about being current until it got cancelled, but I don't feel that way anymore. I was just over there and didn't even bother to read spoilers-nor will I. GH died for me when they decided to treat Jane Elliot like a day player. Days is actually the more interesting show for me, because I don't hate/get bored by half(or more) of the cast, like I did with GH. So IS Victor behind the kidnapping?

HA ! Called it, if so. Victor, you old fox. I love Bad Victor. It's the only time I've ever truly enjoyed him, TBH.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 4

I've missed some of the characters, but not the dreary, boring stories they are stuck in.  So much moping!  Maggie over Victor, Jennifer over pills, Nicole over Dr. Tan, Kate over everything, Hope over Bo/Aiden/Rafe, Theresa over Blockhead, Belle over Philip, Ciara over Chad, Chad over idiot Abigail.  Poor Billy Flynn has probably suffered the most here.  His character has been hamstrung by that boring, slaphappy cheater the entire time he's been on the show. 

So much needs to change.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2