Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Lucas and Carrie were married? I'm shocked I don't remember this little factoid!

It was fairly epic!  Sami found Lexi and Tek having an affair, and blackmailed Lexie into telling Carrie that any child she had with Austin would have severe genetic problems and would not be viable.  Carrie didn't tell Austin this, because of character assassination, and got involved with Lucas and they ended up married.  This was during the era of the Fist-Pumping Black Glove of Evil, when EJ first debuted.  The FPBGE slipped a note under Sami's door when Lucas, Carrie, and Austin were there and the note completely outed Sami's lie.  

• Love 2

All of Lucas's love interests were traditionally sexy schemers and conniving trouble makers. And usually tan and/or blonde. 

Adrienne is pretty but no vixen or bad girl. Shes kinda in the opposite direction with her judginess and buttinski ways. She's a departure imho for his type.

it is weird to go from the love of his life Sami who pushed all his buttons and knew his dark side and was challenging - to Adrianne who is just kinda there and takes him for granted. 

• Love 5
(edited)
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Really? Wow. Never knew they f---ed up Carrie like that.

I want to see Chloe sing Claire into the floor at some point. Claire can't project at all. Doesn't Chloe sing opera?

Blanca seems pretty...well blank as a character, but I like her Adrianna Lima vibe.

I was hoping they would repurpose the TBA set into a Titan office or Mar/Brady/Victor townhouse kitchen. I mean isn't the Martin House living room becoming a new coffee shop? Why do we need two?

I blame JER for Carrie's awful characterization..Jer was unable to make her a complex heroine like Jennifer, Caroline, Kim, Kayla, Melissa, Hope, Carly and Marlena. He just made her a bland, self-righteous good girl, who just reacted to Sami's schemes..She never really drove stories or had a good, interesting, love interest..Austin was pretty to look at, but, so damn boring..Look at what Jack did for Jennifer..She had a sweet relationship with Frankie, but she really came into her own with Jack.. Carrie  had much better writing as a kid in the 80's than as an adult in the 90's and beyond...She was so much like her dad Roman/John as a kid..I loved the anvils that Sherry Anderson had dropped when it came to who she was going to be like as an adult..She was supposed to be like Roman with a little dash of her biological mom Anna, not to mention, her mother of her heart Marlena....There were alot of stories left  to tell with her, her relationships with Tony and her mother Anna were left unexplored and their potential for good character-driven stories...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I was hoping they would repurpose the TBA set into a Titan office or Mar/Brady/Victor townhouse kitchen. I mean isn't the Martin House living room becoming a new coffee shop? Why do we need two?

Two?  There's Brady Pub, the coffee place in the middle of Horton Square, TBD. and Edge of the Square.

• Love 2

"Am I really that dangerous?" STFU you deranged idiot. You assault people regularly, tried to burn a man alive while your son slept in the same house, and almost set yourself on fire while talking to a hallucination. Of course you're dangerous you're dangerous. You should've been sent to a maximum security hospital from day one. 

Chad is ridiculous. What more does Failure have to do before he accepts she needs to be locked up. 

• Love 3

LOL, Andre as the minister in Hope's dream.  But why is Rafe Aiden's best man? And does she even know Blanca exists?

Abigail doesn't look burned at all.  What the heck is going on with that mask? And how is that going to tie into a different actress?

So Chase is in the same hospital as Abigail.  Will they conspire together to rape and murder people?

Hm.  Blanca's an American citizen?  I guess that means she's going to stay for a while.

OMG, I know I'm not supposed to like Chase, but he looks so pathetic.

What exactly is Ciara supposed to be doing at the hospital?  Surely not counseling patients?

With all of these Hernandi lately, where are Gabi and Ari?

Did Rafe just say, "To see if you still clink" instead of "To see if you still click"?

Oh, good Lord, is Aiden going to try to kill Rafe again?  smfh

• Love 2

You know what,  I found Mama Hernandez quite funny in the beginning but now she needs to stfu.   I get she wants whar is best for her children,  but remember all the times when Rafe and Gabi were getting married and she didn't want to bothered being in Salem for those occasions.   Now she wants to be all her children's business when it comes to their relationships.   Eddie needs to give her some more loving so she can stop trying to live what she missed with him through her children.   I mean she doesn't like Hope but what the hell is she gonna think of Dario if he ever brings home Nicole or Dario ever makes a play for Blanca?   She's just getting ridiculous. 

Josh Griffith is using his recycled formal he used with Todd/Marty from OLTL now trying to use it on Chase/Ciara.   Finding a icky way to keep them in each other's orbit at the hospital.   

And boo I thought Abby's face burnt during the fire and she would keep the spa mask on 

Spoiler

Until her last airdate on Friday. 

This was a better episode compared to yesterday's frustration IMO.   Maybe because the editing was fairly balanced. 

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Abby saw him after she accidentally set herself on fire. He told her it wasn't her time yet and that he'd help her get free. This was in a flashback to what she belived happened...

Very quick appearance.

Thanks DisneyBoy. Doesn't sound worth trying to hunt down online.

I agree with sentiments expressed above. The show really has gotten more boring lately. Right now, I'm more interested in watching 16 year old Passions episodes than this show.

• Love 1
6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

"Am I really that dangerous?" STFU you deranged idiot. You assault people regularly, tried to burn a man alive while your son slept in the same house, and almost set yourself on fire while talking to a hallucination. Of course you're dangerous you're dangerous. You should've been sent to a maximum security hospital from day one. 

Chad is ridiculous. What more does Failure have to do before he accepts she needs to be locked up. 

I was stunned when Abs uttered that line.  She freakin' set a man on fire--IN HER OWN HOME--the exact home she now wants to go back to because she's not a danger there.  WTF??!!  And I was dying when Abs just took her mask off--if the show had any guts, they'd make Abby have her final scenes with ugly burns or at least some sort of bruising on her face to actually depict what happens when people start fires.

This feels like the time Abby wanted to "accept" responsibility for the affair with EJ and by "accept" I mean skate away from any accountability.  She has to know that if she keeps setting fires, she's going to get locked up.  What a maroon.

I honestly don't know who the worst actress is--KM, VJ or the chick "playing" Bianca.  Seriously, who is hiring these talentless people?

• Love 3

Someone needs to have a quiet word with Abby and break the news that she's a pyromaniac.  Why the heck is Matt Fielding's dead lawyer her doctor anyway? Oops, screwed up my soaps.  I have a thing for Melrose Place.

• Love 3
(edited)
5 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

Did Rafe just say, "To see if you still clink" instead of "To see if you still click"?

That does sound like the Shut Up, Rafe! I know and ... barely tolerate.

Finding ultra-contrived ways to keep Ciara and Chase in each other's orbits also does sound icky, and like the worst parts of One Life To Live.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 1

I thought Abs' face would have some burn mark or something.

Abs, you deliberately set your ex-fiancé on fire. You set a fire at the mental hospital. You are in need of a reality check. You are a firestarter/arsonist/[pyromaniac. Most folks like you would be in a high security institution and not wanting to go 'home'. If you argue with/disagree with your husband, he may be facing being set on fire too. Or other family members.

Far too contrived for Ciara to be back in Chase's orbit. Time for a restraining order and possibly looking for another volunteer type position. Before making plans to be some therapist, please get yourself back to a healthy place in life.

Don't care about Hope/Aiden/Rafe. Hope, annul your marriage to Aiden - based on fraud or whatever. If you are really legally married. Bo wasn't exactly dead, so it's a bit tricky.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, MrsMommy said:

I was wondering about Abigail to. If they want a new actress wouldn't it be smart to leave the mask on or screw her face so much we can't tell it's her??

I bet you anything that Kate Mansi argued over wearing the makeup during her final shooting days.

I wasn't watching so tell me - how did they even explain her wearing a mask if her skin underneath was perfect?

• Love 1

Ciara should go immediately to the head clinic guy who offered her the job and say "I appreciate this opportunity, but there is a patient here who raped me a few months ago and I do not want the possibility of seeing him every time I am here. So thanks, but I will have to decline your offer." Then talk to Marlena again and have her refer her somewhere else. Shady Hills can't be the only mental hospital that Marlena has an in with in the Salem area.

• Love 4
(edited)

I don't see that happening...but I am aghast today at Hope's trip with Aiden. Skeevy. Is this what Roman means about Hope being good at "taking care of herself"?

He/a double of him nearly killed you!!!!!

His pervy comments about your appearance shouldn't work on you!!!!!

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

I wish Victor would stop trying to act like the Kiriakis family is known for its class and social prominence and Theresa presence is making the family look bad. I also wish Brad would walk off instead of engaging with him whenever he starts talking shit. 

I wish Andre had been killed in jail.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, annabel said:

Ciara should go immediately to the head clinic guy who offered her the job and say "I appreciate this opportunity, but there is a patient here who raped me a few months ago and I do not want the possibility of seeing him every time I am here. So thanks, but I will have to decline your offer." Then talk to Marlena again and have her refer her somewhere else. Shady Hills can't be the only mental hospital that Marlena has an in with in the Salem area.

I agree.  And Salem really should have the highest per capita number of mental homes in the country, excluding Genoa City.

Ciara should get a job at St. Anne's - the nuns would straighten her out in record time.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6
(edited)
13 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

I wish Victor would stop trying to act like the Kiriakis family is known for its class and social prominence and Theresa presence is making the family look bad. I also wish Brad would walk off instead of engaging with him whenever he starts talking shit. 

I wish Andre had been killed in jail.

The show has forgotten Theresa is of British Aristocracy via her father Shane...Theresa choosing to be a part of a Kiriakis family, a  notorious mob family  is actually a step down...So Victor can have several seats...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

Well that was quick but yay, Sparkle has another reason to be on screen! Woot! Sparkle P.I.! 

I can't with Ciara and I suspect it has a lot to do with the actress. I hate to speak badly of a young person, but some people have the talent to be able to act and some just...don't.  It's really, really bad and her delivery of her lines takes me out of anything I might remotely feel for the character even if the writing weren't so stupid. 

Speaking of stupid...Hope, really? 

• Love 7

Good lord, I can't take Ciara's monotone, single expression emoting....  I realize it would take a thespian of great talent to try to pull of this ridiculous storyline, but for the love of Pete...

• Love 5

I guess being a famous athlete doesn't get in the way of one becoming a private investigator.

Are we supposed to know this Irish guy who is confessing to Stefano's murder?

For a guy who's so interested in family, Victor really needs to make up with Philip.

Whoops, Rafe screwed up when he dumped Stefano's body.

Does Andre really think Chad is going to let him stay at the DiMansion?

Why don't people on soaps ever realize they shouldn't leave their cell phones unattended?

• Love 4

Of course, Rafe screwed up when he dumped Stefano's body.  The only way the incompetent idiot Dimeras could be a dangerous criminal family all these years was for the Salem PD to be even more incompetent and idiotic both when investigating and committing crimes themselves.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Rick Kitchen said:

For a guy who's so interested in family, Victor really needs to make up with Philip.

Considering this incarnation of Phillip, can you really blame ol' Victor here?

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TigerLynx said:

Why do I have the horrible feeling the idiots in charge of this show are going to pair yet another rape victim with her rapist and make them a couple?

I have the same feeling...

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, DanaMB said:

Why do I have the horrible feeling the idiots in charge of this show are going to pair yet another rape victim with her rapist and make them a couple?

But...but...isn't it ROMANTIC?

It's beyond sickening and I sadly question the rationale/sanity of those employed on any of these soaps who seem to get off on doing this very thing.

• Love 2

KA looks tired. She is a beautiful woman, but she just looks exhausted. And I am still convinced that Daniel Cosgrove has a portrait in his attic. I don't get what they are trying to do with them though. Is Aiden behind this guy confessing? What is this guy getting out of it? If Aiden is seriously trying to get Hope back why is he being all underhanded and sneaky?

I don't like Ciara staying at the mental hospital job, or Marlena letting her do it, but I did like what she said to Chase.

• Love 3

^Speaking of tired, the instant Ciara appears on my screen, I become drowsy.  Her voice would probably be very good for insomniacs to listen to.  It's just so devoid of everything - there's no emotion there either way.  I realize she's young, but there are other options out there.  The girl who played little Ciara did quite well.

They need to face the fact that they destroyed Aiden.  Who's buying this storyline? Just looking at his face after everything that happened would give me a panic attack.  Add this whole mess to the sketchy story about his wife and I'd be running in the other direction.  I was a fan of him before they ruined him too.

• Love 2

This show is such a mess, though I've been enjoying Deimos, Chloe, Nicole and Dario.  (I'm sitting at the unpopular opinion table with shesajar in liking Dario.)

I can not express in words how sick I am of Abigail.  The English language just isn't adequate to describe it and unfortunately it's the only one I know.  Even a few stray bits and pieces of Latin, Greek and German won't do - not even the ever useful backpfeifengesicht!  Everything about her is fucking tiresome.  The character should have literally DIAF of her own making so Chad could be free of her forever. 

Also, if Chase and Ciara are paired then I do believe we should stage an uprising.  Chase is NOT redeemable.  The showrunners should admit their writers idiotically wrote this character in a corner and then kill him off.  They should also recognize that these same idiots screwed up Hope and Aiden and cut their losses.  Let both characters move on to other people not named Rafe.

As for Victor, I've had enough.  Theresa should be shouting from the rooftops what he did to her mother instead of letting his misogyny get under her skin.

Finally, Lucas deserves better than Adrienne.

• Love 5

The Hope/Aiden/Rafe storyline is a mess, and I really feel bad for Daniel Cosgrove. They brought him back for this?

Still, I'm sort of glad to still see him on my screen. He's a genuinely good actor.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Considering this incarnation of Phillip, can you really blame ol' Victor here?

Not for shunning Philip, but I DO hope Tate throws up and pees all over Victor the next time the old horror insults his mother.  Victor does remember his supposedly beloved late son Bo was a Brady, as is Caroline, or is his brain as blocked as his bowels?  Time for Maggie to dump his flabby ass.

And Jawn.......even Sparkle looked embarrassed by him today.  In his case, Theresa's main crime is in not hitting him in the head hard enough.

• Love 4
(edited)

He (Daniel Cosgrove) really is, and I'm glad he's back as well.  I just don't understand why these writers are trying to recapture what they themselves destroyed.  At this point I think it would be better for them to just say, yeah, 80% of this stuff from the past seven or eight months was shit, so we're going to do a big ol' reset that doesn't involve weirdo islands or feverish dreams.  The 20% that was working will be re-woven into the show in an organic, enjoyable way.

That's a pipe dream, I know.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
clarity
  • Love 4

As much as I hated having Sami have to put up with the idiot Dimeras, at least she got to threaten to shoot Stefano and did shoot EJ.  Theresa isn't allowed to say anything to Victor about what a lowlife criminal/rapist/murderer he is.

If Kate or Lucas go to sleep, and wake up realizing the last few years were all a bad dream, I'm fine with that.  Will's alive, Sami and Lucas are together, and Kate is okay with that because while Sami and Kate don't like each other, considering who makes up the rest of Salem's residents they figure they need to stick together.

They trash Aiden, write him out, bring him back with some lame story about yet another double, just so they can trash Aiden some more?  Dumbass Ken Corday and the brain dead writers make Brady look intelligent.

• Love 6

I hope that mental hospital is shut down for allowing that dangerous psychotic pyro to escape. 

So Deimos was into Kate...until he decided he wanted Nicole...but now he wants Chloe. He has no idea what he wants and neither do the writers. And then there's Nicole, who is probably interested in Deimos even though she denies it, and also seems to be a little interested in Dario. I'm somewhat interested in this but I have a feeling things are going to get very convoluted fast. 

I'm not here for Kate and her pity party. She brought all of this on herself. 

• Love 9
(edited)
19 hours ago, boes said:

Not for shunning Philip, but I DO hope Tate throws up and pees all over Victor the next time the old horror insults his mother.  Victor does remember his supposedly beloved late son Bo was a Brady, as is Caroline, or is his brain as blocked as his bowels?  Time for Maggie to dump his flabby ass.

And Jawn.......even Sparkle looked embarrassed by him today.  In his case, Theresa's main crime is in not hitting him in the head hard enough.

We all know that JL is capable of playing her character with complexity and what we have seen these past months is a woman who loves her son, loves her son's father and who wants a life with them.  She is also shown to be passionate about being a fashion designer--unless the writers are going to pull a 180 in the next months, the Theresa we're seeing is the real deal.  So what exactly are Victor and John's problems?

Re: today's show, how amusing was it watching Abs trying to act sweet and cutesy and speaking in a little girl voice--while she's dressed like a mental patient with gloves and a mask on her face?  Do the writers realize that whether KM is wearing the mask or not, she is still as expressionless as ever?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

Why does NBC "News" always interrupt when this show is on?

I think I may have mentioned last night that I didn't think Chad would let Andre live at the DiMansion.  :D

When Show doesn't make things too dark to see, they do have nice lighting, like on Chloe's porch when Deimos was leaving.

• Love 2

I see the idiot writers continue to get dumber with each passing day.  Yes, Kate does hate Nicole that much, and no, Kate does not care if Nicole ends up in prison.

I want Sami to visit Salem and for Lucas to cheat on Adrienne with Sami.

Just have Slappy die in a fire already.

So Deimos is going to flip flop back and forth between Chloe and Nicole now?  {face palm}

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Missed today's episode...did Abby seriously set another fire??

No, she just snuck out of the hospital after having a dream about Chad and Thomas welcoming her back at home with open arms. And Ben telling her that they were going to take her to the state hospital for the insane because she'll never be cured.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 2

I don't understand the point of the mask, her face looks very not-burned. When they first showed her in it I figured this would be how to introduce the next actress, terrible burns, plastic surgery, yada yada yada, then she just took it off the other day "oh I can take it off for a few minutes at a time". What is it for?????

And just in typing this out I have spent more time thinking about this than anyone at the show has.

• Love 9

For being smacked in to a tree and thrown in to the river, Deimos sure has recovered quickly. And make his way through the women of Salem. At least he pieced two and two to make four in terms of the long dearly departed one who seems to stick around like a stuck-to-the-tub, dried up loofah.

Dumb guard at the hospital who did not get the magazines for Abs for her. Since she is still seeing her good friend Ben, she is not ready for release. So escape it is. Where is she going to go? I don't get the point of the white face mask as there seems to be almost no burns on her face.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, annabel said:

I don't understand the point of the mask, her face looks very not-burned. When they first showed her in it I figured this would be how to introduce the next actress, terrible burns, plastic surgery, yada yada yada, then she just took it off the other day "oh I can take it off for a few minutes at a time". What is it for?????

And just in typing this out I have spent more time thinking about this than anyone at the show has.

I only wish she had worn that mask her entire time on the show.

• Love 5

They could have written it as in Abby's mind her face was horribly burned and she was convinced she needed the mask. At least it would have made some sense.

• Love 9