Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

The new Ciara isn't unattractive or anything, but the little girl who originally played Ciara had such a rather sophisticated beauty (like a mini Jackie-O or something) for a child that it's weird to see Ciara grow up to look like any other girl in the mall. 

Maybe the show should get less cute kids to play these child roles so that we're not so disappointed with the grown-ups who get cast in the same parts. Granted, even if I find my suggestion kind of stupid, but that little Ciara was such a beauty that I keep looking at this new one and wonder why she doesn't look like Jackie O or Angie Harmon. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

Hope being hard on herself again that Bo keeps leaving because he cant forgive moving on.

Bo gives Patch the keys to his bike.

And he has no idea how to tell Hope hes going to die.

Just tell her Bo. Yes she'll be sad but dont leave her limbo

• Love 3

So Chelsea must be a daughter Bo had with Billie, while I was on my long Days hiatus.  Right?

The 2 longest days of the year in Salem are the bi-centennial and the day after. It's been weeks now, right, in real world time.  That said, I'm still enjoying seeing all the Brady family scenes. Too bad they have to end tragically, likely tomorrow or soon after, in Salem days.

• Love 3

Thanks, BlackMamba, for the Chelsea confirmation.  Yes, a very long hiatus. I watched from the early 80's until just before Marlena's possession. After that, I used to turn it on when I was home sick and at Christmas time for the Horton tree ornaments, but didn't follow the stories at all.  I started watching again in summer 2014.   So, yep, I missed a lot !!!!

• Love 3

Lol...you was on one long hiatus.

Yeah she was the swamp baby Georgia Reed Brady.

Didn't Billie believe she was dead but it turned out that she was adopted off to a couple who named her Chelsea?

Well, here goes Caroline's visions again.

I loved the party and the "Cruise of Deception" flashback.

Im glad that Chelsea was mentioned and called.

Eric and Jenn seem to be around each other more these days.

Hope needs counseling ASAP. She spent 2+ years believing that the love of her life abandoned her. She finally decided to move on. She was SO in love with Aiden and talked crap about Bo at every turn. Now, Aiden married her, had sex with her, and then tried to kill her and all we hear about is Bo Bo Bo! Until last night (STP) Bo was the worst of the worst. Now, she's had sex with Bo and is obsessed with keeping his attention. On the other hand, she has hallucinations of Aiden and cut up her dress. She doesn't want to leave the house, but then she does leave the house. Hope is all over the place!

Now we have Abby and crazy Ben. He's so far gone that he is willing to risk the life of his soon to be born prematurely child just to hold onto Abby. Is she that good in bed?? Geez.

• Love 4

Now we have Abby and crazy Ben. He's so far gone that he is willing to risk the life of his soon to be born prematurely child just to hold onto Abby. Is she that good in bed?? Geez.

I know, right? I thought Carly Corinthos was the only glittery Hoo-Hah in soapdom.

When did Bo find the time to get his chest waxed... Wasnt he a hairy ape when he first came back in September?

Priorities!

Find out you're dying. 

Wax

See "some" family

Sex up your ex.

• Love 7

Did anyone else find it odd that Abby is still sitting in that chair, even for an exam, while there is a bed less than a foot away? And with the baby confirmed to be on the way, isn't it time to remove her jeans?  Even with a gun to her head that midwife is not going to be able to deliver the baby through denim. 

• Love 15

Didn't Billie believe she was dead but it turned out that she was adopted off to a couple who named her Chelsea?

Well, here goes Caroline's visions again.

I loved the party and the "Cruise of Deception" flashback.

Im glad that Chelsea was mentioned and called.

Eric and Jenn seem to be around each other more these days.

Hope needs counseling ASAP. She spent 2+ years believing that the love of her life abandoned her. She finally decided to move on. She was SO in love with Aiden and talked crap about Bo at every turn. Now, Aiden married her, had sex with her, and then tried to kill her and all we hear about is Bo Bo Bo! Until last night (STP) Bo was the worst of the worst. Now, she's had sex with Bo and is obsessed with keeping his attention. On the other hand, she has hallucinations of Aiden and cut up her dress. She doesn't want to leave the house, but then she does leave the house. Hope is all over the place!

Georgia was stillborn. I hated that retcon of her being kidnapped by the Dimeras..We saw her be born dead.. Billie was having hallucinations about her evil father Curtis and she was stressed out  over her constant scheming to get Bo with Kate breathing down her neck that she was meant to be with Bo and not Hope. She went to the Bayous for some reason or another and she was 5 months pregnant..I  remember her screaming it is too soon, it is soon..She delivered a stillborn Georgia, I remember her  holding her dead baby while singing Georgia on my mind..It was very moving..I actually felt bad for her for five seconds. She buried her baby in the swamps..She went back to Salem, never telling Bo about her death and pretended to still be pregnant, She and Hope had some type of confrontation and faked a miscarriage and blamed Hope for it,.It was a really dark story with an equally dark Billie....Weeks later her dead baby was delivered to her in a trunk that she carried around with her....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

It's funny how Chad goes all DiMera when it suits him.

I thought Andre and Stefano were all into Chabby, but now Andre doesn't care?

Who was that woman that Ben found to take care of Abigail?

Caroline's vision showed Bo and Hope in the snow.  When it starts snowing, we'll know the end is coming.

• Love 3

Caroline's vision showed Bo and Hope in the snow. When it starts snowing, we'll know the end is coming.

Maybe it looks snowy because her reception sucks. As it is, she's only getting the one channel.

But, thankfully, at least no commercials.

Edited by boes
  • Love 8

I've never disliked Rafe.  I've always been kind of meh about him.  I knew he was brought on to be paired with Sami because for whatever reason, Ken Corday and the writers didn't feel Lucas was a good foil for EJ.  Alison Sweeney gave it her all when it came to selling the Sami/Rafe pairing, and it amused me that she would always chose Rafe and Lucas over EJ.

I did see some sparks with Rafe/Hope when Hope took Ciara to see Rafe, after Rafe got out of the hospital and was still in a wheelchair.  They could have paired Rafe/Hope back then and put Aiden with Kayla before Steve and Bo returned.  It's the idiotic propping the writers try to do that ruins things.

Please let Sami shoot Andre before this SL is over.

Yes, this would have been much better than what we got. We're getting Rafe and Hope o matter what because Higley is Higley and Daniel Cosgrove could still be on canvass as a viable rival to Steve. He could have made Steve step his game up, something he has never had to do.

• Love 4

Though Bo and Hope were my jam back in the 80s, I never actually thought Peter Reckell was that much of an actor, but he is knocking it out of the park. I don't understand why the buildup took so long and this is all being so rushed though. I would rather have seen maybe two days of Bo in captivity, a day or two of the Steve rescue and then lots and lots of time in Salem. Instead it was what, at least six weeks before Bo got back to Salem and now the brain tumor will probably get him by the end of November. Terrible pacing.

• Love 10

Glad to hear all is right with your animals, boes.

I have to add, my dad died 4 years ago from the same type of brain tumor, so this story is hitting a little too close to home. 

Same here.  Watching a strong, vital man dwindle into a shadow of his former self, who slept all the time and couldn't keep warm even with piles of blankets, and who knew I was his daughter one day but called me an imposter the next, is not something I want to be reminded of when I watch a soap.  I hate this story so very much, and I'm angry with Peter Reckell for wanting it.

I think it would have been better if Bo had never come back. Aiden turns out to be a psychopath. Bo drops dead. What was the point of all of this???

Totally agree.  But if TPTB were determined to not have Bo be a deadbeat, there were other ways they could have written the story without killing off Bo (or Aiden, for that matter) and without recasting Peter Reckell. 

• Love 7

If you take Salem, just like Bonnie Franklin's old show, One Day At a Time, it's pretty good. But if you take it as a whole....it's not exactly something that makes you look forward to tomorrow's show.

So we got a pretty great party today at the Pub, with almost everybody presently in Salem who should be there, actually being there. (Contrast this with Will's funeral.) Great stories were told, wonderful memories, and while we all know the truth, as do Kayla and Steve, everybody else is in the dark, and Show didn't have Kayla or Steve making it obvious they knew something nobody else did. Great scenes. AND, Eric was mostly quiet. Who can complain about that??

Oh, except Hope was almost killed the day before or the night before or sometime recently, and by Aiden no less. And Bo just got out of being tortured for three years. And Will's dead.
And while it's not bothering me, particularly, because I have a wizened heart when it comes to her, Abigail is also kidnapped, and about to deliver either a baby or a toaster oven in a cabin the woods, help captive by a roided gym rat with a negative body fat ratio and a midwife who is desperately regretting giving up her Amway Rep job.

But, as one of you upthread noticed, Bo does seem to have found time to have some manscaping done.

I sort of enjoyed Marlena with Jawn today on their quest to find Sami. Even though they haven't yet left their house. There's calm, and then there's Marlena......Oh, do any of you buy that Sami had a doll like that as a kid, and if she did, that she didn't decapitate it at some point? That does not look like a Sami toy to me.

Off the show storyline topic, any of you know anything about the state of Joe Masculo's health? He's so very silent in most of his scenes. As I've mentioned before, I appreciate how vets like him continue to give us everything they've got, even when it's apparent they're probably not feeling that well.  I'm just wondering about him.

Um, is Ciara going to insist on being present on the wedding night, too?  She's a bit too interested in running her parents lives for me.

• Love 8

At this point it's not about Abby, it's about preventing her from telling anyone the truth so not he's caught. He's risking the baby's life to save himself from going to jail and Abby telling the cops or anyone.

It's funny how Chad goes all DiMera when it suits him.

I laughed at his literally spelling his last name.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 3

Off the show storyline topic, any of you know anything about the state of Joe Masculo's health? He's so very silent in most of his scenes. As I've mentioned before, I appreciate how vets like him continue to give us everything they've got, even when it's apparent they're probably not feeling that well.  I'm just wondering about him.

There was a link somewhere here (maybe in the Behind the Scenes thread?) that said Joe had a secret hospital stay, was using a wheelchair and walker, and was having trouble remembering his lines.  I don't know if the source was reliable, though it matches what we're seeing on screen.  He does not seem well but I agree -- he's giving us and his cast mates his all.

• Love 5

So let me get this straight. Hope has already gone through all the stages of grief, banged her ex-husband and has attended a party and the attempted murder by Aiden happened just the night before? And where is Chase, hanging with his dead father at the morgue while the Brady/Horton clan party?

• Love 5

It's ridiculous that this is the day after Hope and Aiden's wedding. She doesn't have bruises around her neck? And isn't still traumatized? I liked the scenes at the pub but it was distracting having people say that Hope had a rough night last night. Ya think?

• Love 7

That bit with Bo, Julie, and Doug sitting at the table was so well done. Bill Hayes' emotion felt very real, real enough me to actually forget it was a scene. That's never, ever happened before. I think part of the reason that the dark mood isn't bothering me so much is that the stories are centering on characters I like, and everyone's acting has been elevated.

One day? Times like this, I pretend that Salem is on Venus, and over 200 Earth days have passed.

• Love 5

Georgia was stillborn. I hated that retcon of her being kidnapped by the Dimeras..We saw her be born dead.. Billie was having hallucinations about her evil father Curtis and she was stressed out  over her constant scheming to get Bo with Kate breathing down her neck that she was meant to be with Bo and not Hope. She went to the Bayous for some reason or another and she was 5 months pregnant..I  remember her screaming it is too soon, it is soon..She delivered a stillborn Georgia, I remember her  holding her dead baby while singing Georgia on my mind..It was very moving..I actually felt bad for her for five seconds. She buried her baby in the swamps..She went back to Salem, never telling Bo about her death and pretended to still be pregnant, She and Hope had some type of confrontation and faked a miscarriage and blamed Hope for it,.It was a really dark story with an equally dark Billie....Weeks later her dead baby was delivered to her in a trunk that she carried around with her....

Thanks Apprentice. I had forgotten how that all went down.

• Love 1

Today with all the flashbacks and montage, reminiscing was just amazing. Perfect way for Peter to exit. Today's episode was perfect from start to finish.

Sad they killed him on screen though and didn't leave a little window open.

• Love 3

I thought it was horrible.  Depressing and horrible.  Happy Holidays. Blech.

Again, this is supposed to be entertaining in some way? Show needs a good death here and there, but that's all that happens anymore.  Every few days someone dies. 

• Love 4

What a beautiful sendoff to an iconic couple. Bo dying in Hope's arms was perfect..As a Wilson fan, I am so jealous..May Bo rest in peace. He will have Zack to keep him company....I was crying right along Bo and Hope....Peter and Kristian were a joy to watch..Bravo! I don't have alot of good things to say about the show, but today was so wonderful..I just wish that Kim and Shane were involved in this story. Bo and Hope did get married at the Donovan estate in England....I also loved the Kim/Bo relationship and Bo/Shane as well..

• Love 10

Wow! I wasn't ready for today's episode. It's been a while since Days has pulled at my heart strings. Watching today, they are not only pulled.....they are cut!

As I watched today, I was reminded of how Isabella died....in John's arms. Kind of ironic considering Bo and Isabella were half brother and sister.

Kudos to Peter and Kristen. This was beautifully played. I also believe that Marybeth and Stephen brought it as well. I am sure we will see many more great performances as the aftermath of this plays out.

• Love 10

I thought it was horrible.  Depressing and horrible.  Happy Holidays. Blech.

Again, this is supposed to be entertaining in some way? Show needs a good death here and there, but that's all that happens anymore.  Every few days someone dies. 

Couldn't have said it better. The flashbacks lost all their "ahh" moments because it all stems around Bo's death. Those type of flashbacks are what we should have seen for all the major couples and vets, and they should have surrounded a happy celebration.  How about some weddings, anniversaries, births of babies and I don't mean Trollop's.   One death is one thing but this is just morbid and does nothing but foreshadow the end of the show.  Depressing beyond a doubt.

Happy Thanksgiving to Ken Corday indeed--I hope he chokes on his turkey. Karma is a bitch. 

• Love 5

Thanks Apprentice. I had forgotten how that all went down.

You welcome!  Jlrd2000. I hated that storyline....Bo and Billie did not need a child..It was just an unnecessary retcon to give Bope angst..I have always felt that Bo and Carly should have had a child..Bo and Carly were a much better couple than Bo and Billie..Billie's desperation, scheming and neediness after Hope's return from the dead killed my love for them..

• Love 1

Yes this was one emotional episode but well done all around.

The acting. The flashbacks.

If Peter Reckell, Kristian Alfonso and Mary Beth dont get Emmy noms after all the work they put in late last month and this month, I will lose complete faith in the Emmy system. They brought it. And saved the Days 50 with this single episode and the writers taught the rest of the industry how to write for vets and send them off the right way.

I'm going to miss Peter Reckell/Bo Brady with everything. Bope fan forever. ❤

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 12

Kristian Alfonso and Peter Reckell are making asses out of Tony Geary and Genie Francis. Those two assholes never could mature and give their fans a respectable closure to their iconic supercouple.

I watched GH back in the day, so out of curiousity Googled "Luke & Laura goodbye" and it appears they didn't even have a goodbye and Laura just told her daughter "we said our goodbye a long time ago."   Yep, no matter how rushed and weird the timeline was for Bo's return, as least we got a beautiful goodbye.

• Love 8

I watched GH back in the day, so out of curiousity Googled "Luke & Laura goodbye" and it appears they didn't even have a goodbye and Laura just told her daughter "we said our goodbye a long time ago."   Yep, no matter how rushed and weird the timeline was for Bo's return, as least we got a beautiful goodbye.

Luke spent his last day having a very slobbery conversation with Sonny and then asked the local mobster to "look after Port Charles" for him.  It was so gross.

And it was all Anthony Geary.

• Love 12

I watched GH back in the day, so out of curiousity Googled "Luke & Laura goodbye" and it appears they didn't even have a goodbye and Laura just told her daughter "we said our goodbye a long time ago." Yep, no matter how rushed and weird the timeline was for Bo's return, as least we got a beautiful goodbye.

Blame Tony for not giving the first supercouple in daytime a proper ending. It was one of the reasons Ron Carlivati

got fired for having the nerve to want Luke's character to have Laura (Genie) as put of his exit story. Tony even blamed daytime for why he never became an A-list actor. Divo.

• Love 8