Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Sonny would never leave Arianna.. As a Wilson fan, I can accept him leaving Will, but not his little girl...She is daughter and the twins who play Ari are good actors.. Tomsell had no real plan for  Sonny's exit..Typical of them, look at what they did  with Sami's exit storyline and they had  a year to plan a fantastic ending to the hurricane that was Samantha Gene Brady...They fucked it up  and they had that rodent Abigail best Sami...I will forever hate her for that...Sami who  has taken on the likes of Kate, Victor, Stefano, EJ, Lucas, and even Andre a serial killer was reduced to crying in front of Abigail..It still stings after all this time...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Abigail could not have cared less about EJ.  She was all about his gigantic package.

I feel as though Abigail gives off the same annoying vibe that Ben Affleck's nanny does. Maybe Ben Affleck's nanny has more of a personality though.

• Love 1

Wow. Just wow. I'm almost certain FS told the idiots in charge weeks or months before his contract was up that he would be leaving so there's absolutely no excuse for this piece of shit exit story Sonny got. I just...I don't even understand what this is. He tells Sparkle he still has feelings for him and tries to kiss him but then tells his parents and Will that he has to leave for a few months so he can clear his head and that this will be good for his marriage. Why try to kiss Sparkle if he knows he's leaving? Why try to kiss Sparkle if he still wants to save his relationship with Will? 

• Love 3

I liked the ending.  At least there was an ending.  After the catharsis and Airing of the Grievances yesterday this was expected.  It couldn't go on any longer as much as I miss Jackson.   I hated how Won't pulled out the Ari card yet again.  Isn't she off with the babysitter all day right now?  I felt a bit for frowny baby having to take part in that, but his parents were there and I think it was a decent sendoff.  Will needs his mother now.

Jackson was only conflicted, he didn't cheat and he removed himself from what he called destruction from Won't.  Perfect.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 4

Wow. Just wow. I'm almost certain FS told the idiots in charge weeks or months before his contract was up that he would be leaving so there's absolutely no excuse for this piece of shit exit story Sonny got. I just...I don't even understand what this is. He tells Sparkle he still has feelings for him and tries to kiss him but then tells his parents and Will that he has to leave for a few months so he can clear his head and that this will be good for his marriage. Why try to kiss Sparkle if he knows he's leaving? Why try to kiss Sparkle if he still wants to save his relationship with Will? 

Because Sonny is still in love with Paul but he is denying it hard because he does not want to do the same thing Will did and he is possibly afraid of getting hurt because he is not sure if Paul is genuine and if a relationship for the second time will work out. Sonny wants stability and security, so he sticks with Will because with himhe has it. And because he also loves him. But he is not sure if he is still genuinely happy. 

But it is not like the writers will suddenly give PaulSon a chance, so I am sure that if Sonny comes back he will say he wants to work out his marriage with Will. But oh well, Paul and Will probably fucked each other again by then, oh.

• Love 1

I think Justin foreshadowed that when Sonny comes back, Will will have moved on with his life with someone else...The question is with who? I hope it is not with Paul..That is gross..Will was not playing the Ari card, Sonny promised Ari at her christening in front of her parents, that he would always be there for her no matter what..Sonny promised her himself that he would never leave her for long after his Arizona trip..Sonny is not just her stepfather, he is her father just like Will..Gabi even referred to Justin and Adrienne as her grandparents...Will had every right to ask about Ari, the little girl has been through so many changes before the age of 3..I feel bad for her...

• Love 2

So, watching the episode properly now aside from the live tweets. Sonny's goodbye with Paul seemed more heartfelt , I sensed a glimmer of false hope, "You will see me again.". As if he is saying, "In my heart I choose you but I'm not ready let go of what I have with Will.". Not falling for the false hope, writers. But the way FS played his goodbyes with Paul and Will, it seemed like there was more of a intimacy and more emotion there. Like he was fighting hard not to kiss Paul and give in. With Will he felt sad but he was still angry with him so there was less emotion put into it. He did not even say "I love you" back or promised him that he would come back.

Sigh. Oh, this soap...

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2

I just watched the whole thing. What a piece of crap that ending was. 

And for the first time I will post what I feel about Guy's acting: horrendous. I've been nice up until now. That was just really bad.

Dammit, Sonny!  Kiss him! I really hope that Sonny does come back, even if it's a recast.  But how long before Paul and Will hop into bed together?  By the end of next week?  Sonny thinks Will is going to understand about his leaving?  Has he MET Will? Boy, there are sure a lot of anvils about Sonny coming back soon, which does not jibe with Freddie not having been filming recently.  Even if Freddie came back, or Sonny were recast, it would be at least March or April before he would be seen. That little bag was all Sonny was taking with him to Europe?

Why would Clyde make all of those comments in front of Ben?

JJ's comments about Paige to Kyle were pretty smart.  Nice move to keep them apart. But he needs to stop talking to himself. And he's pretty stupid, getting caught like that.

I don't believe Caroline actually texts.

What was Justin drinking?  It looked like milk.

• Love 4

Dammit, Sonny!  Kiss him! I really hope that Sonny does come back, even if it's a recast.  But how long before Paul and Will hop into bed together?  By the end of next week?  Sonny thinks Will is going to understand about his leaving?  Has he MET Will? Boy, there are sure a lot of anvils about Sonny coming back soon, which does not jibe with Freddie not having been filming recently.  Even if Freddie came back, or Sonny were recast, it would be at least March or April before he would be seen. That little bag was all Sonny was taking with him to Europe?

Why would Clyde make all of those comments in front of Ben?

JJ's comments about Paige to Kyle were pretty smart.  Nice move to keep them apart. But he needs to stop talking to himself. And he's pretty stupid, getting caught like that.

I don't believe Caroline actually texts.

What was Justin drinking?  It looked like milk.

Yes, Sonny certainly packed for Europe very quickly.  Like, 5 minutes.

Show has confused me.  There were anvils dropping all over the place about Sonny coming back but there hasn't been any recasting so I agree, it would be months at best.  Freddie is so freaking beautiful.  I will miss that face.

Sigh.  I really want Sparkle around for the pretty but I don't think I can stand another round with him and Sneasel.

• Love 2

So, Sonny leaves for Paris to gain perspective on his marriage and he thinks the break will do them good, and the one he's conflicted about leaving is Sparkle the Walking Tooth-Whitening Commercial? Yeah, no. Fuck off with that noise, show.

• Love 5

So basically the idiots in charge trashed Will and had everyone in town make unnecessary comments about Sami and falsely compare him to her in an effort to make Sparkle more rootable. But instead of letting Sonny and Sparkle have their little two week relationship or even putting Will and Sparkle together, they have the three of them have the same exact conversations over and over again for months. Then they give Sonny a rushed and garbage exit in which he still proclaims to want to save his marriage even though he tried to kiss Sparkle 10 minutes earlier and is leaving the country. Now neither the Sonny and will nor the Sonny and Sparkle relationships are resolved. K. I hope the writers win an award for this stellar work.  

• Love 9

Why was Sonny's goodbye so rushed? I know this was done 6 months ago (stupid taping schedule) but did Freddie give short notice or something? His whole goodbye was done in 10 minutes with Justin, Adrienne, Ari & dumb Will.

• Love 5

Why was Sonny's goodbye so rushed? I know this was done 6 months ago (stupid taping schedule) but did Freddie give short notice or something? His whole goodbye was done in 10 minutes with Justin, Adrienne, Ari & dumb Will.

It makes NO sense. These writers need to go...oh wait. They did...months ago. Was this their last day of story? When does Higley's stuff kick in. Can't say I'm looking forward to that...and now she's gone?? Wow...good luck Days. So much potential...so many great actors not to mention great characters & history. Makes me sad....

• Love 2

Let me get this ish straight: Melanie freakin Jonas returns to town for 6 months via a hello tour and leaves town with a 2 day goodbye tear fest and a damn you're a hero banner. And Sonny, a tv favorite, gets an almost kiss, a 15 minute goodbye, and an incomplete ending.... tf was that????

Those Wilson goodbye scenes were pa-the-tic. I swear Paul was sadder to see Sonny go than Will.

• Love 7

Show has confused me.  There were anvils dropping all over the place about Sonny coming back but there hasn't been any recasting so I agree, it would be months at best.  Freddie is so freaking beautiful.  I will miss that face.

Yes, there were anvils dropping about Sonny returning, but I think the biggest of those was Justin's warning that if Sonny waits too long, the decision will be made for him (proving that Justin learned something from the fiasco with Adrienne and Lucas). So I don't expect to see Sonny for months, and then he'll come back and learn that it's no longer entirely up to him: Will and/or Paul will have moved on, either with each other or someone else.

• Love 3

Ken Corday and the writers flat out suck.  None of them should have jobs.

Sonny/Will/Paul - like so many SLs on this show went in repetitive circles for months, having the same conversations, and then this pathetic ending/goodbye.  Sonny and Will should have had it out months ago, and that should have lead to something happening.

The Brady/Theresa/Melanie/Kristen SL is lousy.

Eric/Nicole/Dan is boring, repetitive and dumb.  Xander and Serena were pointless.

Kate should have poisoned Clyde months ago.

JJ/Paige/Jenn/Eve - so do not care.

However, the absolute worst SL, the biggest slap in the face, the one thing I really hate Ken Corday for is defanging Sami, Kate, and Nicole for eight years so EJ and Stefano could walk all over them.  Sami's exit SL should have been Sami, Kate, and Nicole destroying EJ, Stefano, and Kristen forever.

• Love 10

I will say that Freddie Smith did his best with what he was given. Sonny's goodbye scenes were rushed, but Sonny's emotions were vivid, and so were his parents' and Uncle Victor's. Won't, of course, continues to be a whiny, angry baby. Why is it that Guy Wilson's "anguished, guilt-racked" face and "pissy douchebag" face are indistinguishable to the human eye?

The trouble is the writers are trying to have their emotional payoff cake and eat it, too: if Sonny were really coming back to town in six months, Won't's emotional grandstanding "Will I ever hear from you again?" wouldn't be happening. They're leaving the door open for a recast -- maybe -- but trying to milk Sonny's ostensibly temporary goodbye for all they can. Smith was clearly directed to play those scenes as a permanent goodbye, and as I say, I enjoyed what he did with them, on their own terms, but who makes such vague plans involving his family if he truly wants their happiness? Seems more than a little irresponsible and about as out of character for Sonny as I feared. Options when a key player doesn't renew his contract may be limited, but was this truly the best these writers could do under the circumstances?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

I also think  that when Sonny comes back, Will and Paul will both move on from Sonny and Arianna will have forgotten him...I think Sonny leaving Arianna the way that he did is going to bite him in the ass...It was so out of character for Sonny to do that to his daughter..I think he will regret doing that..Whether he is with Will or Paul is inconsequential, losing Ari will be awful. What really bothers me about Sonny leaving Arianna and him dismissing Will's valid point about Sonny leaving her, is that it gives weight to the argument that Will and Arianna were props Sonny used to create the family Paul denied him.

Will trusted Sonny with his daughter, believed that the man he loved, whom he thought loved him back, the man who delivered his daughter would be there for her. Sonny swore he would during that baptism. Now, I am getting a sense that she was a toy that went with Will, and he doesn't want her any more. Sonny will not be happy with Ari calling another man  daddy, that is not Will...I think Sonny will return to Salem with both Paul and Will not wanting anything to do with him....

Edited by Apprentice79

Yes, there were anvils dropping about Sonny returning, but I think the biggest of those was Justin's warning that if Sonny waits too long, the decision will be made for him (proving that Justin learned something from the fiasco with Adrienne and Lucas). So I don't expect to see Sonny for months, and then he'll come back and learn that it's no longer entirely up to him: Will and/or Paul will have moved on, either with each other or someone else.

Someone else, please.  I just can't with Sneasel and Sparkle.  Surely there is somebody left in town for Sparkle to date. 

• Love 3

Maybe Ben? Sleeping with Sparkle can't be any more out of character for him than, oh, I don't know -- changing his name and forming a happy little family unit with the man he and his (now forgotten) sister ran away from to live under assumed names because of Daddio's abuse and destructiveness?

• Love 7

Did you all know there's a Going Undercover for Dummies book?  I mean, I'm not sure, but there must be.  JJ had all of three minutes conversation with Secret Agent Man and now he's out there, breaking and entering, busting safe codes, playing tough guy, and just being DA MAN.   It's the epitome of cool to bust Paige's chops at Ye Olde Yougurttte Shopppe the way he did.  Nothing says "manly" like oh-so-casually swinging that backpack and telling the head dealer your old girlfriend squealed on you to ....his mommy.  There may come a time again when I'll enjoy JJ but that time is a ways off.  Paige hating on JJ is fine with me, but her being so damn dumb and so hypocritcal right now is too much.  She's gone off on JJ every time he stepped out of line - except when she wanted to have sex and he didn't - so for her to be oh-so-cool with Kyle doesn't make sense.   I'd buy it if she was just into him for the sex, because I think he's got the sleazy bad boy vibe nailed down, but our Paige has never shown herself to be that lowdown.    And I'm having trouble buying into Cody Banks Secret Agent aka JJ getting anywhere at all with THE CASE.

I will say that Freddie Smith did his best with what he was given. Sonny's goodbye scenes were rushed, but Sonny's emotions were vivid, and so were his parents' and Uncle Victor's. Won't, of course, continues to be a whiny, angry baby. Why is it that Guy Wilson's "anguished, guilt-racked" face and "pissy douchebag" face are indistinguishable to the human eye?

I agree.  I think Sonny's goodbye scene with Victor, short as it was, really worked.  Sonny's eyes were bright, the way eyes get when there's a tear or two in them, and Victor gave that smile that can make me forgive the old fart almost anything.

And I liked Justin and Adrienne's scenes with Sonny as well.  The emotions were right, Adrienne mentioning Ari was appropriate, it all worked.  

And then there's Maude - I mean Will.....he is just awful, just awful.  The fake quiver in his voice, the scrunched face, pursed butt lip look, all so deeply unattractive I can't understand why Sonny hasn't run in the other direction a long time since.  I've done my best to not pile on Guy Wilson and his lack of talent, but MY GOD he's just terrible.  Maybe he's just right if they want us to see Will as an irredeemable viperish little Sneasel, but he's terrible at making Will sympathetic in any way.

Heartless bastard that I am, I don't care about Sonny leaving Ari.  Baby Plot Point is too young to remember him in more than a month or two anyway.  Plus, practically every kid in Salem has had the same thing happen with one parent or another, or another and another, so the revolving parent thing is practically a Salem tradition.  I'm more worried about Sonny getting his balls back - I mean the ones that got hung on the Horton Christmas tree.

As for Sparkle and his sads, too bad he didn't lean in for his kiss with Sonny and Sonny punked him with a pie in the face.  

Someone else, please.  I just can't with Sneasel and Sparkle.  Surely there is somebody left in town for Sparkle to date. 

I vote for Clyde.  Kate is dumping his flat ass soon so he'll be back in the dating pool.  

If there was any doubt about Ben, today proved what a moron he is.  His dear old dad is SHOUTING crap in the phone about Aidan and Ben furrows that brow, then asks "Is something wrong, Dad?  Why are you so upset about Mr. Jennings?"  The guy is definitely dim enough to be with Abigail.   Clyde should be so proud.

The Aidan storyline is heating up in a good way, storywise, at least.  I'm going to be very surprised if he turns out to be a bad guy.  

• Love 12

Sonny's exit is random as hell and I can not imagine this is in character for him.

Yeah show, good on you for wasting 9 months of potential with Sonny/Paul, they saw each other and kissed. A backstory with a lot of potential, a lot of ways they could have written a love triangle better. But 9 months later and absolutely nothing happened. What a waste this all was.

Woah wait...the stuff I saw today when I randomly tuned in was Sonny's goodbye arc?  What? I was so bored with it I turned it off in about two minutes. Justin and his wife are still in the same place. Will is still being awful and demanding and an ass...and Sonny is telling his ex who slept with his husband that he still has feelings for him? *facepalm*

No kidding "absolutely nothing happened". Cripes!

I hope if Sonny returns it's with a "screw you all" attitude. After Mopey Eric the Priest and Brady the Bozo, I'd like to see one guy just have some fun and cut ties with idiots and move on with his life. Sonny's the guy who deserves to do it.

I think Victor is the one who will get Gabi released from prison. When Adrienne mentioned Arianna' s mother, the camera panned to Victor. I have a feeling he is going to do something to get an early release for Gabi. So that Sonny does not feel guilty about shirking his responsibility towards Arianna...

• Love 2

I've done my best to not pile on Guy Wilson and his lack of talent, but MY GOD he's just terrible.  Maybe he's just right if they want us to see Will as an irredeemable viperish little Sneasel, but he's terrible at making Will sympathetic in any way.

This seems precisely accurate to me.

"And then there's maudlin!"

I agree with the speculation that Aiden will turn out not to be a bad guy.
  • Love 2

I think that Clyde in his arrogance will poke the tiger thinking that since he bested Stefano and Victor, Aiden will be easy pickings and he will find out the hard way that Aiden is not a pushover...Pride goeth before the fall and Clyde is heading for one soon..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

And then there's Maude - I mean Will

HAHAHAHAHA!. Yes, and then there's Will. What will he do now? Dispense bad advice to equally annoying Abby? Oh, sorry. MORE bad advice.

Edited by rustyspigot
  • Love 2

Maude! Hysterical!!! Guy Wilson isn't soap opera good looking. He's radio good looking. He cries like a little girl and the way he begs Sonny op is so off putting. Unfortunately, he's still on the show. Now what? Are him & Paul going to just hate each other back & forth? I guess with Gabi coming back (October? November?) Will might have a storyline. I'd rather Will had left and Sonny & Paul continue. Also, I don't like that Daniel Cosgrove is getting canned and St. Clyde is involved another story where he gets his way. First, it was Victory, then Stefano (did he ever find the bug?) and, now Aiden. Clyde is quickly becoming Victor Newman. He gets away with everything but never pays for his bad deeds.

• Love 2

"Radio good looking," hee.

I also think, as rushed and ham-fisted the writing for Sonny's exit was, the fact that Freddie Smith really was saying goodbye to castmates that he genuinely seems to have liked added to the emotional punch of the scenes with Victor, Adrienne and Justin. I can't tell about the scene with Paul -- although Smith's eyes were shining and Sonny appeared close to tears.

• Love 3

While Sonny's exit was rushed (I'll miss him & hope he ends up coming back soon) - I did love the goodbyes with Justin, Adrienne & Arianna & loved his slight smackdown on Will.

I really liked all other versions of Will but this one - he's rubbed me the wrong way from the moment he started.

Ugh Chad I love you but if you continue to cry & waste your time on Abifail that may change.    Am not looking forward to him finding out she's pregnant.

Paige didn't used to annoy me but she does now  - am tired of her constantly harping about how JJ is going to hurt everyone & she knows that firsthand - get over it already.

• Love 4

Sonny's exit was certainly rushed, but rushed or not they had to write him out of the show as the actor was leaving.

Those of you who've been watching since Sonny arrived in Salem, or are simply Sonny fans, how would you have preferred his good-bye be written?  Or would you have preferred they recast?

Edited by buffynut
  • Love 1

Well, I'm in the minority because I think the goodbye was OK because it had to happen, and I think the conversation repetition was a very long goodbye.  I caught up on episodes so I think watching Mon and Tues together made it seem longer for me but as others have said, it hit the right notes.  I've wanted Jackson to save himself for a long time so he made a good decision and left the door open. I guess all he took were his toiletries but Yurp is where Days people go away for a while.

• Love 3
about Sonny leaving her, is that it gives weight to the argument that Will and Arianna were props Sonny used to create the family Paul denied him.
As they've retconned it, yeah. I don't think that's what was originally portrayed but the crap ass writers made it so and yes, that played out with it.

God, what a way to ruin a great couple. I know soaps don't have happy couples for long but when there is strife and turmoil, you don't have to completely create character assassinations to both of them.

• Love 3

Smith really sold Sonny's goodbye to Ari G, but again, it was written as a permanent goodbye rather than as temporary gap during which Sonny would be communicating with his beloved girl. Smith delivered in spades, but the contradictions in the writing itself undercut the effect.

• Love 3

I don't know which retcon pisses me off more:

• "Will and Arianna were props Sonny used to create the family Paul denied him"
  • Sonny's ploy to coax Will out of the closet and into his bed

I've been watching YouTube clips of WilSon for weeks and that was SO not what happened. 

• Love 4

Sonny's exit was certainly rushed, but rushed or not they had to write him out of the show as the actor was leaving.

Those of you who've been watching since Sonny arrived in Salem, or are simply Sonny fans, how would you have preferred his good-bye be written? Or would you have preferred they recast?

Sonny find out Clyde was the one who got him stabbed and that he's a molester but has no proof. While he's trying to confirm this he finds Clyde and he threatens Ari G so Sonny kills him. He goes on the run until shit does down or his name is cleared. People get suspicious of other suspects, like Victor or even Chad.

That situation would makes sense for Sonny to walk away from his family abruptly. After a few months or yr a recast could return. Maybe while he's forced to be gone he realizes he no longer loves Will and he comes back finding Will has moved on. Maybe he comes back with a new bf.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 2

I don't know which retcon pisses me off more:

• "Will and Arianna were props Sonny used to create the family Paul denied him"
  • Sonny's ploy to coax Will out of the closet and into his bed

I've been watching YouTube clips of WilSon for weeks and that was SO not what happened. 

That retcon makes Sonny look like a predator who took advantage of a young boy with emotional issues....What pisses me off is that it was done to make Paulson the greatest love of all and to diminish Wilson and their love...Tomsell is incapable of writing complexity...The Roman/Marlena/John was a great triangle fraught with emotion, regret and angst...I was rooting for Roman to win, but I was okay with Marlena being with John at the end, because it was organic and slow...They did not become a couple years later after their affair....Roman was not trashed to make John a better man for Marlena...Roman/Marlena no longer worked because too much things had happened to sustain their relationship...I still love Roman/Marlena and their love story was beautiful....I am happy that they will always have a connection via their children, grandchildren and their great-grandchild Arianna Grace...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I know and it pisses me off to no end. Their story was epic and wonderful. And it was sacrificed to the alter of Paul. 

UO: I don't mind if Will and Paul move on together (comforting each other with their loss of Sonny) b/c Guy and Sean do have chemistry, imo. 

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 2

They do have chemistry, but it would ruin Will's character further by taking up with Paul as a romantic partner. Plus  there is something wrong with Will being with John's son..I watched Will call him Granpa John when he was growing up..Will is John's grandson in my opinion...Will never saw his grandparents Roman and Marlena together..They had already been broken up by the time he came along..I think Will participated as a toddler at John and Marlena's wedding....It is just gross on so many levels...They need to fix Will's character and have him focus on his mental health and his daughter for now...Will written in character would be horrified that he was repeating his mother's mistakes and what that means to Ari and her life....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Sonny find out Clyde was the one who got him stabbed and that he's a molester but has no proof. While he's trying to confirm this he finds Clyde and he threatens Ari G so Sonny kills him. He goes on the run until shit does down or his name is cleared. People get suspicious of other suspects, like Victor or even Chad.

That situation would makes sense for Sonny to walk away from his family abruptly. After a few months or yr a recast could return. Maybe while he's forced to be gone he realizes he no longer loves Will and he comes back finding Will has moved on. Maybe he comes back with a new bf.

Your scenario would have been such a better reason for Sonny to run away.  Why couldn't those now fired writers have thought of that.

• Love 4

I would love that, but for  some reason, the show is afraid to make Sonny dark..Sonny killing Clyde would be in character..He was willing to kill Nick to protect Ari and Will from him..It would even better if Victor set up Chad for Clyde's murder for sabotaging Sonny's new club.He did the same thing to protect his daughter Isabella after she killed Marina, by framing Kayla for it...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1