Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Neither can really be like Sami. Sami had a certain edge to her. 

I like Teresa but I don't think she has that edginess that Sami had which either make people love her, love-to-hate-her, or just plain hate her. Sami inspired STRONG reactions. With Teresa, I just kind of shrug when she's up to something.  I don't approve of what she's doing, but I don't get worked up about it either. I can clearly see what she's trying to do with Melanie is wrong, but am also like "oh well, Melanie is kind of annoying...and Brady is really dumb, so..." I never had that reaction when Sami was plotting against Carrie and Austin (who could also be put in the dumb-dumb category like Brady).  I do think JL is a good actress, though. I just think  that Sami was in a category all by herself of inspiring divided but heated reactions. No one ever had a shrug-worthy reaction to her.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3
(edited)

You are correct in your post, Bantering. I don't believe that Theresa would ever look at Brady...I could see her liking Philip....I still want Chad and Theresa to have sex all over town..They would be hot and they have such pretty eyes....

Edited by Apprentice79

I'm really annoyed too how Xander was ruined.  I liked him so much when he first started.  And I liked that he was so attracted to Nicole.  I was so sure he was going to be Justin and Adrienne's son Alex.  But the character has been so ruined. The same thing with Serena.  When I heard Melissa Archer was coming to Days I was excited. Days really needed a strong thirtysomething leading lady.  But I can't stand the sight of the character now.  And I hate the interactions of both characters with Nicole and Eric. Serena/Xander/Nicole/Eric have become fast forward material for me.  I hate that I feel that way since I've always liked Nicole but even she is unwatchable for me now.  Maybe after Serena and Xander are gone I'll feel different. I'm still not sold on the new writers.

• Love 1

I am not sold on the new writers either, but Tomsell has ruined everybody and the couples on the show..Every storyline is about cheating and lying....There is no love anymore, just misery and gloom..

• Love 3

I am not sold on the new writers either, but Tomsell has ruined everybody and the couples on the show..Every storyline is about cheating and lying....There is no love anymore, just misery and gloom..

My faves Hope and Aiden are in love. John and Marlena are still in love. We just don't see enough of either couple.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a supercouple fan.  Obviously I prefer Hope and Aiden together way more than Hope with Bo. I'm also liking Adrienne with Lucas.  I don't know if I like them longterm but I'm fine if Adrienne never gets back together with Justin.  Why not pair Justin with Eve or Jennifer for awhile?

• Love 2

Xander was creepy. He had a great body but was way too creepy with that snarl. Melissa Archer was woefully wasted. She should have been Sarah Horton with a family connection. I don't think even Archer thought she be chasing after a clay elephant for a year wearing the same blue wrap dress. I know the both of them are gone but I'm not sure how much longer we will have to endure this awful storyline.

I just read that Jason Cook is returning to DOOL for the 50th Anniversary. Most likely to usher in the daughter he has with Belle. I guess Martha Madison could return but did she work with Cook or just Brandon Beemer?

• Love 3

Wouldn't you know, there was a power outage in my area during DAYS yesterday, which lasted just long enough for my DVR to omit the one scene that I really, really wanted to see: the Kim/Victor flashback. Gah!!

It was a great flashback. I was actually surprised how young & debonair John Aniston was back then. I know we all age but he looked like Clarke Gable back then. I've been watching the show around 1979 or so and had forgotten how young he was. Nice flashback and memory of the good ole DAYS!!

• Love 5
I like Teresa but I don't think she has that edginess that Sami had which either make people love her, love-to-hate-her, or just plain hate her. Sami inspired STRONG reactions.

Sami also had a very definite goal for years - get Austin to love her, marry her, and be a happy family together.  Theresa and Will didn't seem to have any motivation beyond Ken Corday and the writers have decided Will and Theresa are the new Samis, and Theresa wasn't even a part of her baby's SL.  I can't see Theresa having Sami's insecurities about her looks either.

• Love 3
(edited)

We will never see another story as intricate as the the purse, the power and the pawn with the introduction of Victor. The Victor/Kim/ Shane storyline was so good, they could never replicate it now. It was one ride after another with so many twists and turns...Everybody had a point of view..They could have made the Paul/Sonny/ Will so much more than it is..I am over it now and cannot wait for Sonny to leave those two losers in the dust...

Sami also had a very definite goal for years - get Austin to love her, marry her, and be a happy family together.  Theresa and Will didn't seem to have any motivation beyond Ken Corday and the writers have decided Will and Theresa are the new Samis, and Theresa wasn't even a part of her baby's SL.  I can't see Theresa having Sami's insecurities about her looks either.

I  could see Theresa following in Sami's footsteps, in that she is determined in getting what she wanted..She should have been a spoiled, smart, edgy,entitled, bitchy rich girl..Will has what Sami has always wanted in Sonny..Sonny only has eyes for Will, even now after he became a douchebag. It is hard to feel any sympathy for Will....Sami has never had anybody that truly loved her for  her..Even Lucas was all about Carrie..EJ wells wanted Sami for Sami, whereas, EJ Dimera wanted to control and own her....

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

My faves Hope and Aiden are in love. John and Marlena are still in love. We just don't see enough of either couple.

I know I'm in the minority but I'm not a supercouple fan.  Obviously I prefer Hope and Aiden together way more than Hope with Bo. I'm also liking Adrienne with Lucas.  I don't know if I like them longterm but I'm fine if Adrienne never gets back together with Justin.  Why not pair Justin with Eve or Jennifer for awhile?

I understand you..I have always preferred Bo and Carly over Bo and Hope..Carly seemed like such a mature woman, whereas Hope always seemed so infantile next to her..I Still love Carly and Bo's symbolic wedding in Mexico, so beautiful...Their vows were perfect, I still get  teary-eyed when I watch it on youtube...So beautiful..I always wanted them to have a son....She healed Bo after Hope died and was such a great step-mother to Shawn-Douglas...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't even know how to characterize Theresa. I just know I don't take any of her "evil" acts seriously, which is probably why I can still like her well enough. I don't fault JL. I just think Theresa lacks a certain oomph that Sami had. I guess Nicole has a certain oomph too, in that when she's doing something bad I'll have horrified reaction. I don't really have any kind of horrified reaction to what Theresa is doing.  Ditto for Kate. With Teresa, I just keep wondering why she doesn't direct her energies instead toward someone who passed kindergarten without having Victor bribe the kindergarten teacher. Or why she doesn't concentrate on enrolling her kid in a program that will be pro-active enough in ensuring that the kid doesn't wind up with Brady's intelligence. This program, if I can think of one, will have a tall order...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

And why does she think forcing Melanie to leave town will help her get Brady? Does she think he'll just decide to be with her because he's lonely? 

Well, this is Brady we're talking about, so Teresa is making a safe bet.  Brady will be lonely five minutes after Melanie leaves for Yurp (or wherever).

Is what we're seeing right now the new writers?  I always forget to pay attention to the credits and end up looking right past them.

• Love 1

I understand you..I have always preferred Bo and Carly over Bo and Hope..Carly seemed like such a mature woman, whereas Hope always seemed so infantile next to her..I Still love Carly and Bo's symbolic wedding in Mexico, so beautiful...Their vows were perfect, I still get  teary-eyed when I watch it on youtube...So beautiful..I always wanted them to have a son....She healed Bo after Hope died and was such a great step-mother to Shawn-Douglas...

Yes I preferred Bo/Carly and Bo/Billie to Bo and Hope.  I do hope that Hope stays with Aiden after Bo returns. I think Hope's involvement with Aiden has really revitalized her character.  Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever get Carly back but maybe they could bring back Billie for Bo. Or better yet I hope his return is short term. I do hope that Steve sticks around for awhile though.

The news that Shawn D is back is interesting. The actor who plays Doug is back for 8-9 episodes in late Oct-1st week of Nov. That usually means Julie too. I wonder if it's a Hope/Aiden wedding. With Bo crashing the ceremony of course. With Shawn back I hope that means Belle and maybe Phillip back too. I really liked Belle and Phillip together.

• Love 2
(edited)

Yes I preferred Bo/Carly and Bo/Billie to Bo and Hope.  I do hope that Hope stays with Aiden after Bo returns. I think Hope's involvement with Aiden has really revitalized her character.  Unfortunately I doubt we'll ever get Carly back but maybe they could bring back Billie for Bo. Or better yet I hope his return is short term. I do hope that Steve sticks around for awhile though.

The news that Shawn D is back is interesting. The actor who plays Doug is back for 8-9 episodes in late Oct-1st week of Nov. That usually means Julie too. I wonder if it's a Hope/Aiden wedding. With Bo crashing the ceremony of course. With Shawn back I hope that means Belle and maybe Phillip back too. I really liked Belle and Phillip together.

I am sorry to break it to you Leela46, but Higley is very Pro-Bope, she wrote out Billie immediately after she took over as headwriter years ago and reunited them..I loved Carly, but I doubt that she would come back due to the tweeter spat that she had with Kristian Alfonso who plays Hope....It got really nasty between them...I want Philip back as well, but I have always loved him with Chloe. I want him to reclaim his son from the sainted Doctor....I am indifferent to Belle..She always seemed like wallpaper to me...I did like her briefly with Philip and I hated how the show felt that she  had to be with Shawn....I always felt that the show forced that pairing because of who their parents were....I hated that they gave Belle a baby so young..It limited her potential to be more dynamic like Theresa..I actually think it worked better for Sami and Will, to have children so young...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jen Lilley has been doing a terrific job as Theresa.  The writing is the problem.  I could see Theresa as a selfish spoiled entitled rich girl.  Theresa wanting to stupid to live Brady isn't believable.

With Sami and Austin, for whatever reason, Sami imprinted on dimwit Austin as being the perfect man, and she had some crazy delusion if she could just get Austin to love her, her life would be wonderful.  That is one of the many reasons I never believed Sami would cheat on Rafe.  Sami was never a cheater, and after everything she had been through, she wouldn't have risked losing Rafe.  Certainly not by cheating with a selfish sleazy slut like EJ who had been doing everything he could to ruin her life for years.

Will had EVERYTHING Sami had always wanted, and he didn't have to put any effort whatsoever into getting it.  That's why I think it would have made more sense for the explanation for Will's actions to be Will was simply doing whatever he wanted because he was used to everyone always covering for him and fighting his battles for him.  The mantra of Will did it because he's just like Sami doesn't work.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 6
(edited)

Plus Tigerlynx, Sonny's  dominant personality also enabled Will's destructive behavior because Will knows that his capable, strong and intelligent husband will always be there to clean up his messes like everybody in his family has done for years.... Will has yet to suffer any consequences for his cheating at the hands of Sonny..Sonny has been pretty calm about it...I expected him to really put the squeeze on Will..For some reason, the show is scared to go there with Sonny..Sonny is a Kiriakis for goodness sake...Even his interactions with Sparkle is weird...if Paige can go dark after being betrayed, why couldn't Sonny....Freddie  can play it....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

I am sorry to break it to you but Higley is very Pro-Bope, she wrote out Billie immediately after she took over as headwriter years ago and reunited them..I loved Carly, but I doubt that she would come back due to the tweeter spat that she had with Kristian Alfonso who plays Hope....It got really nasty between them...I want Philip back as well, but I have always loved him with Chloe. I want him to reclaim his son from the sainted Doctor....I am indifferent to Belle..She always seemed like wallpaper to me...I did like her briefly with Philip and I hated how the show felt that she  had to be with Shawn....I always felt that the show forced that pairing because of who their parents were....I hated that they gave Belle a baby so young..It limited her potential to be more dynamic like Theresa..I actually think it worked better for Sami and Will, to have children so young...

I'll quit watching then. I'd rather not watch at all than be subjected to Bope again.  I hate the crappy way Bo treats Hope.  He always does whatever he damn well pleases whether Hope likes it or not, then she always is expected to forgive him and take him back. Hope has no self respect at all when she's with Bo. Thanks for letting me know. I'll find something else to watch when the new writers begin.

Edited by leela46
  • Love 2
(edited)

She might not reunite them yet, plus, she has a co-headwriter. It could be different this time...Higley is not the only one making the decisions, when it comes to the show..I  hated the way that Bo treated Hope after Zack died, it bothered me how he was there for Billie and Chelsea(his son's killer) and ignored Hope who had just lost her son...

Edited by Apprentice79

Sadly Leela46, in your paragraph, you could insert any man on this show for Bo, and any woman on this show for Hope, and it would describe the couples that are currently on canvas.  No matter what the man does, it's the woman's fault.  He can treat her as badly as he wants to, and it is still all her fault.  {Rolls Eyes}

• Love 3

Yes Bo was awful to Hope after Zach died.  He claimed he was lying to protect Hope but he was really just trying to cover his own ass for his part in signing Chelsea's license and letting her drive his car.  If Patrick hadn't told Hope the truth she would have never known it was Chelsea who was responsible to killing Zach. I hated how Hope forgave Chelsea so soon.  Her anger at Chelsea should have lasted a very long time. This was also a great opportunity to break up Bo and Hope for a long time.  Many couples break up over the death of a child.  And in this instance you had Bo covering up the truth about what really happened and protecting Chelsea.  I've always thought Bo and Hope's relationship changed after Zach's death. I never bought their "love story" after that.

I hope the new co-head writer is not a Bope fan. Higley has long history of being an awful writer.

How much longer are we going to be subjected to Xander and Serena? I see them and I turn the channel.

• Love 3
(edited)

Xander and Serena leave in August....I agree with you Bo and Hope should have remained divorced after Zack's death. I think the show is afraid to go against the supercouple formula at times. I loved Bo and Carly. I hated that they made Billie so mean and manipulative, when hope came back from the dead and lost Bo. She even blamed her for Georgia's death..It was just an ugly time....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Does Victor really have nothing better to do other than interfere in Sonny's marriage? This is so beneath him. Why can't anyone mind their own damn business and leave stay out of Sonny and Will's marriage. 

Lucas and Sonny's mother make me sick. I'm so disappointed that this is the 'big' story the writers gave Lucas. 

Giving those bozos Brady and Theresa a baby was a terrible mistake. Theresa is going to use him to manipulate Brady and then he'll go in the closet with all of the other kids. 

• Love 5

Does Victor really have nothing better to do other than interfere in Sonny's marriage? This is so beneath him. Why can't anyone mind their own damn business and leave stay out of Sonny and Will's marriage. 

Lucas and Sonny's mother make me sick. I'm so disappointed that this is the 'big' story the writers gave Lucas. 

Giving those bozos Brady and Theresa a baby was a terrible mistake. Theresa is going to use him to manipulate Brady and then he'll go in the closet with all of the other kids. 

That is so true..His sudden hatred of Will and getting on the Sparkle train is so stupid...Victor was like a dad to Lucas when he was married to Kate and he used to dote on Will when he was a baby growing up at the Kiriakis mansion with Philip...He always hated Sami, but that never affected how he treated Will...Everything on this show is one plot point after another..History and character development be damn!

• Love 4

Why can't Brady move out of Victor's house? Then Theresa's lawyer can't use Victor's past against Brady in a custody battle.  I'm guessing Melanie leaves town and Theresa moves into the Kiriakis mansion with Tate.

• Love 3
(edited)

5/28/2015 Recap :)

Brady/Mel/Aiden/Dan

Brady asks about Theresa telling her about moving to California. Mel flashes back to Theresa bascially saying Mel has to be out of the way. In real time Mel confirms about Cali. Mel says that having a baby hasn't changed Theresa and is about to tell him about Theresa wanting her out of the picture when there's a knock at the door and it's Aiden. Brady hopes that Aiden can help them. Aiden says that he looked at the case and warns him that he can't make any promises on Theresa leaving. 

Mel thinks giving Theresa's history courts may not rule in her favor. Aiden mentions Theresa being a victim of Kristen court might rule in her favor. Mel mentions the incident with John which Brady says it won't fly because of the circumstances. Aiden mentions history that could be brought up with Victor, Shane, and Kim which Aiden mentions attempted murder between Shane and Victor. Brady thinks he won't get custody because his family is the Sopranos and the Brady's are good. Aiden says if it goes to court Brady will more than likely lose.

Aiden asks if it was Kim's idea as he thought Kim and Theresa don't get along. Brady says they don't, Aiden says he wish he had good news but says they'll have to explore options. Brady thanks him for his time and Aiden leaves. Mel apologizes and Brady wants Mel to tell him exactly what Theresa said to her. Mel says that Theresa is still in love with Brady and can't see them in love. Brady says that Theresa will have to learn and Brady figures out that Theresa wants Mel gone. Brady tells Mel he'll call her later and leaves.

Mel looks at a pic of her and Dan and she flashes back to finding out that Dan is her father. Mel says she doesn't blame her mom and wishes she was raised by both her parents. Dan comes home and asks about her day and Mel says it's good. Dan notices her and asks what's going on and Mel says the thing with Theresa and Brady is tough. Dan says that Brady loves her and that nothing is going to get in the way. Dan and Mel hug. Mel mentions the custody of Parker between Dan and Chloe and Dan says he has to go and call Chloe. Dan says that Mel will be okay and goes off to call Chloe. Mel cries and says she'll be ok.

Theresa/Kim/Anne/Brady

Kim asks if Theresa is serious about going to California and says Theresa can come home. Theresa says she doesn't know how to thank Kim for what she's done. Kim says that her and Shane have researched custody lawyers but Theresa says that Brady will put Tate first and think about what's best for him. 

Tate out of the room, Theresa says she loves him and hopes she doesn't screw up. Kim says she'll be fine as her instincts will kick in. Theresa says if it's fine why does Kim want her moving to Cali which Kim says being a single mom isn't easy and she wants to be in Tate's life and she'll help with custody. Theresa thinks the custody issue is a bad idea. Kim asks why is it terrible and Theresa says if she goes to Cali she doesn't want to go to court and want to work out custody as it will be hard to deal with if Kim is in Salem. Kim asks why and Theresa says she got in a fight with Brady and there's Victor. Kim doesn't want to go as she thinks Vic will railroad Theresa. Theresa says she can stand up for herself and she also has Caroline at her side. Kim asks if Theresa wants her to go which Theresa confirms.

Kim tucks Theresa in bed and Theresa asks if she's booking flight home and Kim says she'll stay away from Brady. Theresa says she'll be ok. Anne enters the room and says she'll take care of Theresa and Anne has to reintroduce herself to Kim. Kim talks about moving to Cali which Anne looks shocked. Kim leaves. Anne asks if Theresa is leaving her and going back to the land of botox which Theresa bursts out laughing. Anne wants to know what's so damn funny. Theresa says that Anne is intelligent so why would she think she would move back to Cali to be with her annoying mother. 

Anne says that Theresa always makes stupid decisions so not a leap she came to that conclusion. Anne is happy that Theresa isn't leaving as Theresa makes her laugh. Anne says Theresa's M.O. is to make everyone think she's moving to Cali and why she wants people to think that. Theresa says Brady will be here any minute and Anne doesn't like Theresa stonewalling and Theresa tells her to relax and that Brady will come read her the riot act.

Anne no longer in the room, Theresa is holding a stuffed animal when Brady barges in and asks if Theresa thinks she's gonna get away with it. Theresa says if it's about what Kim proposed but Brady says that Tate is staying with him and Mel and she can go to California or go to hell for all he cares. Theresa says she can't believe he said that and Brady says they thought they were on the same page and that Tate needs his father and that Mel is gonna stay in his life and does she got it. Theresa says she does and Brady leaves.

Anne enters as she was eavesdropping and thinks Theresa's plan isn't going to work. Theresa says Brady is going to forgive her. Anne says that people do have children together but at times they do wanna strangle each other. Theresa says that Anne's cynicism isn't going to distract her from her plan basically. 

Justin/Victor/Kate

Justin has his bags and on the phone with Elsa and is ready to head off to Dubai as he misses her. Victor enters and asks where the hell he's going. Justin says he's going to Dubai which Victor says nonsense he's just got here and that Vic says that Justin wants to get back to Olga which Justin corrects him on the name of Elsa. Justin doesn't want to stay and talk about it and goes to leave but Vic says he isn't going anywhere.

Justin says his flight leaves in 2 hours and has to leave and Vic says that Justin isn't going to Dubai, Dublin, or Dubuque. Justin says that he has important work there but Vic says he doesn't anymore as Justin has been replaced as Victor sent someone else in his place as he knows Justin wants to go back to his mistress. Justin thinks that staying here isn't going to solve his marital problems which Vic doesn't care so much about his marriage to Adrienne. Vic says another reason he has to stay is because Sonny is going to need him. Justin says that Vic wants to keep him here to get Sonny away from Will. Vic says it's not the only reason as Kate enters the room as she received Vic's text. Vic would like to introduce Kate to her new boss....Justin, which Justin and Kate both look shocked and confused.

Kate says she's CEO and that she only answers to Vic and Vic says that's because Kate lost all the designers and that Kate will still be CEO but under Justin's supervision. Justin says he's a lawyer and not interested in the job or supervising Kate. Kate says Justin doesn't have the experience. Vic brings up Lucas and says Justin will compete with Lucas and Kate calls it ridiculous and storms out.

Lucas/Adrienne/Kate

Lucas and Adrienne are at The Square and Lucas said with Justin going back to Dubai they tell Jennifer and Kate says why don't he put it on Twitter that he's sleeping with a married woman. Lucas tells Kate to shut up and Lucas says Kate hasn't shacked up with a married man and mentions Jennifer. Kate says she doesn't want Lucas to be a town pariah since she was one when her affair came out. Adrienne says she doesn't want Lucas to be a pariah either and Kate says she and Adrienne are concerned for him. They bicker some more about the job and Lucas tells Kate to get out of his life once and for all.

Kate blames Adrienne for turning Lucas against her which Lucas says it's Kate's fault. Kate's phone rings and Lucas tells her to answer it as she doesn't want to lose another designer and another kid. Kate says she has to take the call and hope Adrienne is worth it and Lucas says she is. Kate leaves and Lucas apologizes to Adrienne.

Lucas and Adrienne arrive at the hotel and Lucas feels liberated. Adrienne says she feels responsible and Lucas says Adrienne is responsible for making him happy and they kiss and get ready to have sex. We see Adrienne and Lucas' sex montage. 

Xander/Eric/Dan/Navidad

Xander wants to buy Eric a drink and Dan enters and wants to buy him a drink and Dan says no as he doesn't want any favors. Eric goes to get the drinks. Xander wants to know if he's done something wrong and if it's about Nicole and Dan says he's tired of Xander's explanations as there are no truths to them. Xander says he didn't know that he and Nicole were dating and Dan says that Xander found out and should have backed off. Xander says it's innocent and Dan knows that Nicole didn't want to interview him about Italy.

Xander says if Dan truly loves Nicole which Dan says he does but doesn't appreciate being lied to by both Nicole and Xander. Xander doesn't know where this is coming from and Dan says Xander's good guy act is wearing thin and says Xander was a troubled child and suspects that Xander isn't good at hiding and Xander doesn't know where this is coming from and he's got good intentions and his phone rings and has to go and hopes they can settle it another time. Dan says there isn't much else to say. Xander gets up and Eric asks where he's going and Xander hopes to see Eric before Eric goes. Xander leaves.

Eric gives Dan a drink and wants to know what they were talking about. Outside TBD Xander answers the phone and it's Navidad who tells him that Serena is with Nicole. Dan tells Eric that Xander is trouble which Eric wants to know why. Dan says he has nothing specific but for Eric to trust him. Eric says Serena said the same thing and Dan mentions his conversation with Serena at his office which Eric inquires about. Dan tells him to talk to Serena about it and Dan has to leave. Eric says he has some news but it'll wait and Dan leaves.

Serena/Nicole/Xander/Navidad

Serena wants to talk about Xander but Nicole isn't interested. Serena tells Nicole that she's making a mistake and tells Nicole that she needs to stay away from Xander. Nicole thinks it's about running into each other at the hotel but Serena says Nicole is in over her head as she knows what she's doing and if she doesn't stay away from Xander, Nicole ruin her life, lose Dan and so much more. Nicole thinks Serena is jealous of her love life even though Serena is leaving. Nicole knows they had history and says that Serena is afraid that Xander and her will get close and Xander will spill all of Serena's secrets. Serena tells Nicole to shut up and listen as she's trying to help her and calls Nicole a stupid bitch. 

Nicole thinks Serena is about herself. Serena knows Nicole is pretending to like Xander to get the goods on Serena. Nicole says Serena has an ego and it's not about her. Serena tells her that if Xander finds out that Nicole is playing him Xander won't hesitate to hurt her as he's unbalanced. Nicole calls Serena unstable and says Xander is sweet and charming and thought Serena and Xander were friends. Serena says they use to be. Serena says that Xander is having her watched and that Xander is a dangerous man. Serena says that she's trying to warn her before leaving town and to put Xander in her rear view mirror. Serena leaves.

Nicole talks to herself and calls Serena a nutcase and that everything will be fine. She looks at her window and quickly closes the blinds as she thinks she's being watched. Xander enters and Nicole says she's about to leave and asks why he's here and Xander says they're suppose to have dinner. Nicole says she has a long day and wants to go home and crash and hope he isn't disappointed. Xander says he kind of is and asks if Nicole is avoiding him. Nicole says she's looking forward to dinner but won't be good company and asks for a rain check.

Xander says he ran into Dan and he gave him a rain check as well but tells Nicole to get some rest and says goodnight. Kisses her on the cheek and leaves with a pissed look on his face. Nicole says that Xander is watching her and wonders if Serena is right and wonders what she's gotten herself into.

Xander meets with Navidad at the park and tells her to continue watching Nicole and if she slips up he'll end the game for good. (Last scene of the day)

Serena/Eric

Eric runs into Serena at The Square and Serena asks if she can stay with Eric as she doesn't want to be alone. Eric says it's fine but wants to know why Serena lied to him. Serena asks why he thinks she's lying and Eric says everytime he sees her she's upset. Eric asks if it has to do with Xander. Serena says she'll explain everything to him later and just wants to be with Eric. Eric says he's trying to help and Serena says if he wants to help to take her home and make love to her as that's what she needs. Eric says she drives a hard bargain and hugs her with Eric having a worried look on his face.

I like when Vic is like this. When he dishes out good one liners instead of his harsh insults.

Justin getting all indignant over Vic wanting him to stay in Dubai to help Sonny with his marriage is laughable because he wants Sonny to get away from Will. So what the hell was he throwing a fit about??

I'm sorry but IDK why soaps think people having affairs is sexy when they have a love scene. They like to play romantic music and showing them having the slowest sex ever like it's suppose to be sexy. IT'S NOT!!

This is more sexy: tumblr_m3docqkt2C1qe4fpyo4_r1_250.gif

Dark Roast he just continues to grate. Writers if you're trying to write Dark Roast as the good guy who's going to save everyone, stop writing him so douchey. He always speaks in this type of elitist tone and forever on his high horse just being judgmental towards everyone he speaks to and telling Eric to trust him even though he has no proof. If they want us to believe he's a good guy then he needs to be written different and SC needs to put some nuance in his performances, cause even with the judgmental dialogue Dark Roast gets, there's a way to play it in a way to where the character doesn't come off as an arrogant blowhard. 

Eric should really be the one saving the day in this since he's been a target for Xander, but no, writers of course have to make Dark Roast a part of Xander's past and Xander secretly hating him instead of Eric. GV has the chops and can be a hero as well, I mean he does look like Superman with that hair. Plus Eric is better looking and doesn't come off as harsh as Dark Roast when he speaks to people. 

I like Anne, she can call Theresa out on her behavior and even Anne knows when Theresa is being stupid. When Theresa was with Clint, Anne didn't like Clint and called him bad news. I'm about tired of hearing "What's best for the baby" IDK how may times that has been said in the past two days.

Theresa also I know you said you can stand up for yourself when it comes to Vic and you have Caroline on your side. You might wanna call Sami and have her on your side but doubt Sami would go against Brady. If Sami was still around and there was a custody case Sami would be stuck in the middle on who to side with.

Brady you lunkhead you don't say Tate is gonna be with you and Mel to the mother of the child. That's mistake number one and will cause Theresa to fight harder. 

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 6

Why did Eric have to extol  the virtues of the sainted doctor, even when he is mercifully not shown on screen, he gets a mention....Let it go Ken Corday, that asshole will never be on the same level of Bo, Shane, Steve,Roman, John, Justin, and my beloved Jack....Has any character in the history of daytime ever been this deified..Unbelievable!

Babe Carey (AMC)

Ryan Lavery (as mentioned)

Greenlee Smythe (AMC)

Ford (OLTL)

Victor/Todd/Frodd/Whatever (OLTL)

Sonny Corinthos (GH)

Jason Morgan (GH)

Sadly, those are all just off the top of my head. I'm sure a few minutes' thought would bring back more vile excuses for characters. And make my head explode.

• Love 6
(edited)

That is why soaps have died over the years. propping new characters at the expense of vets..I hate Doctor Dan, I always will, no matter how much Ken Corday tries to force him down my throat.....I want him to leave town with Melanie....Dan ruins everything....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I just read that Jason Cook is returning to DOOL for the 50th Anniversary. Most likely to usher in the daughter he has with Belle. I guess Martha Madison could return but did she work with Cook or just Brandon Beemer?

She worked with both.  She came on working with Jason Cook, but about two years after she came on, Brandon Beemer came on.  And I thought -- and it's an obvious UO -- that she worked far better with Brandon than she did with Jason (though I thought she worked well enough with Jason, too).

• Love 1

Babe Carey (AMC)

Greenlee Smythe (AMC)

Ford (OLTL)

Sonny Corinthos (GH)

Jason Morgan (GH)

Sadly, those are all just off the top of my head. I'm sure a few minutes' thought would bring back more vile excuses for characters. And make my head explode.

Ethan Winthrop from Passions could go on this list too.

• Love 2

I loved Lucas's comment about how if Kate hadn't slept with a married man, he wouldn't be there.

Daniel, stfu, you sanctimonious snob.

It's too bad that Melanie is leaving the show, I guess that means there's no chance Carly could come back when Bo does.

• Love 2
Brady you lunkhead you don't say Tate is gonna be with you and Mel to the mother of the child. That's mistake number one and will cause Theresa to fight harder. 

Yeah, that made me mad.

• Love 1

Babe Carey (AMC)

Greenlee Smythe (AMC)

Ford (OLTL)

Sonny Corinthos (GH)

Jason Morgan (GH)

KABOOM!!!!  Now my room is just COVERED in my brain matter.  Granted, that means it's not THAT big of a mess.....but seeing the names Babe Carey and Greenlee Smythe, remembering Ryass Lavery, and then, in another post, John McBain, made me also remember Kwak Carey and Gigi whogivesAFUK and BOOM!

It was alllllllllllllllllllllll over.......

• Love 3
(edited)

Can a mod please delete my post from the spoilers & shockers thread? I realized that post was in the wrong thread...

So, I have not watched for a few weeks because I did not really feel like bothering anymore because of how slow the Will/Sonny/Paul stuff is going. And I got curious because of the Paul/Will punch scene, and apparently nothing interesting happened and it are the same conversations over and over?

Paul is still Perfect Paul, Sonny remains tight in his Saint Sonny role and Will is still well... Evil Will. If I got it right, Paul is still insisting that there is something between him and Sonny, Sonny is still telling him there is not but he refuses to answer questions like "DO you still love me?" and Will is still scheming to make sure nothing happens between PaulSon. Is Paul turning into another annoying, stalker-y ex in the land of soaps? I defended him like two months ago, but....

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brady has a lot on his plate with his newly discovered son, but I think it's a little weird he has no interest in questioning how John wound up with a son or even getting to know Paul a little better (or the opposite reaction of being skeptical that Paul could be John's son like how Sami was skeptical that John didn't play a part in the financial mismanagement scheme of his company). It seems like Brady never has a reaction to anything, other than when Kristen pulls a fast one on him (and even then he still wants to bed her).  

Speaking of Kristen, I feel that Brady and Melanie should feel sort of grateful they have to deal with Theresa rather than Kristen. Their problems could be so much worse if Kristen was the real mother to that baby. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

Brady has a lot on his plate with his newly discovered son, but I think it's a little weird he has no interest in questioning how John wound up with a son or even getting to know Paul a little better (or the opposite reaction of being skeptical that Paul could be John's sone like how Sami was skeptical that John didn't play a part in that financial mismanagement scheme of his company). It seems like Brady never has a reaction to anything, other than when Kristen pulls a fast one on him (and even then he still wants to bed her). 

I don't blame Brady for having zero interest in Sparkle.

• Love 3

I don't blame Brady for having zero interest in Sparkle.

Brady should be thrilled that Jawn finally has a son with fewer brains than himself.  

Poor Tate, he sure has drawn the shit end in the DNA sweepstakes, hasn't he?

• Love 2

Can a mod please delete my post from the spoilers & shockers thread? I realized that post was in the wrong thread...

So, I have not watched for a few weeks because I did not really feel like bothering anymore because of how slow the Will/Sonny/Paul stuff is going. And I got curious because of the Paul/Will punch scene, and apparently nothing interesting happened and it are the same conversations over and over?

Paul is still Perfect Paul, Sonny remains tight in his Saint Sonny role and Will is still well... Evil Will. If I got it right, Paul is still insisting that there is something between him and Sonny, Sonny is still telling him there is not but he refuses to answer questions like "DO you still love me?" and Will is still scheming to make sure nothing happens between PaulSon. Is Paul turning into another annoying, stalker-y ex in the land of soaps? I defended him like two months ago, but....

Sparkle is still as annoying, desperate, and aggressive as usual. He found out about the Marlena/Jawn affair from Will and had the nerve to throw it in Jawn's face as a way to justify his own sleazy attempts at breaking up a marriage. Other than that, there's been no real movement in this story. Everyone is still saying and doing the same things.

• Love 4
(edited)

I'm surprised Paul is accepted at face value as John's kid. Doesn't everything hinge on a photo Will found? (Something I still don't really get, but to be fair, I might have been falling asleep when Will was piecing everything together). I'd be asking for a DNA test before bonding. Maybe a DNA test would take up screen time, but I find everybody's non-surprised reaction, even if John is really a Dimera where kids pop up out of nowhere on a daily basis, a little too divorced from how people in real life react.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

Plus Tigerlynx, Sonny's  dominant personality also enabled Will's destructive behavior because Will knows that his capable, strong and intelligent husband will always be there to clean up his messes like everybody in his family has done for years.... Will has yet to suffer any consequences for his cheating at the hands of Sonny..Sonny has been pretty calm about it...I expected him to really put the squeeze on Will..For some reason, the show is scared to go there with Sonny..Sonny is a Kiriakis for goodness sake...Even his interactions with Sparkle is weird...if Paige can go dark after being betrayed, why couldn't Sonny....Freddie  can play it....

This is another reason Will's cheating SL doesn't make sense, and fizzled.  The fall out started out good, and then devolved into repetitive conversations that went nowhere.  There were so many other things the writers could have done with Will/Sonny before they had one of them cheat.

Conversely, with Sami/EJ I thought after everything that had happened in the eight years since EJ had arrived in Salem, and started to try to destroy Sami's life, that that SL should have been the REAL END.  If they wanted Sami/EJ to be viable as a couple, they never should have had him lie to her about Kristen/Eric and cheat on her.  They showed that Sami was right all those years she didn't trust EJ, and chose Rafe and Lucas over him.  Then at the last minute they wanted to put them back together and pretend EJ really loved Sami when what they had shown was EJ did not care about Sami, his children, or their family together at all.

I still want that damn elephant to come to life and kill Dan, Eric, Serena, and Xander.  If Nicole is going to continue to be the pathetic doormat she became once she got involved with EJ, Eric, and Dan, and it just keeps getting worse, the elephant can step on her and squash her to.

I really hate what pairing Sami, Nicole, and Kate with EJ and Stefano did to the original witches of Salem.  Original recipe Sami, Nicole, and Kate never would have put up with the Dimeras trying to walk all over them.

I am not looking forward to Theresa scheming to get Brady to love her while living in Victor's house, and being referred to as a bitch, slut, whore, etc. on a daily basis by Victor who has no business judging anybody.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 4

Would it be possible for Daniel to be MORE pissy than he was today?  So he doesn't like Xander now - okay, we know he's scum but Daniel doesn't.   All Daniel "knows" is that Xander might have had the apparent GALL to make nice with Nicole.  Nicole, who dumped him after he treated her like crap.  Nicole, who has the right to move on with anyone she wants to.  Nicole, who apparently Daniel feels he owns, considering the way he talked to Xander.

Yeah, Xander is a creep but all Daniel knows is that one of his toys fled his toybox.  

Then he does everything except throw a FIT when Xander suggests getting a drink, and Church Lady Eric runs off to get some lemonade for the three of them.  Then Eric comes back and he and Daniel hitch up their skirts and talk about how much better they are than everyone else.

Daniel is an impossible character.  He's insufferable even when he's right.  I really want to see THIS happen to him each and every time he's on screen - dadadaniel.gif - I really hate this character.

And the actor can't act - hell, he doesn't even seem to be able to WALK properly.

See, the guy makes me nuts.

Poor Brady.  That elevator never does make it to the top in his brain, does it?  Aiden carefully explains that on the criminal doofus scale, he's the winner over Theresa which makes him the loser, but since that thought is too tough for him to understand, he hightails it to the hospital and does his usual perfect talking-rock imitation.

Thank God for Ann today.  Everyone else just pissed me off.

• Love 8

Serena did tell Daniel that Xander is truly dangerous.

I missed that.  But for me, even when Daniel is right he's wrong.

Too bad Show is only now using Serena in an interesting way.  Too late, I guess, but it just shows what we could have been watching.

• Love 1
(edited)

"Poor Brady.  That elevator never does make it to the top in his brain, does it?  Aiden carefully explains that on the criminal doofus scale, he's the winner over Theresa which makes him the loser, but since that thought is too tough for him to understand, he hightails it to the hospital and does his usual perfect talking-rock imitation."

I liked how easily Theresa played him over this.  She didn't even need to be mean it was so easy.  Ok Brady I'll stay! Thereby teaching his dog brain he wants her to stay.  If we're criticizing who is plotting against whom, it's Brady who hightailed it to an attorney.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

"Poor Brady.  That elevator never does make it to the top in his brain, does it?  Aiden carefully explains that on the criminal doofus scale, he's the winner over Theresa which makes him the loser, but since that thought is too tough for him to understand, he hightails it to the hospital and does his usual perfect talking-rock imitation."

I liked how easily Theresa played him over this.  She didn't even need to be mean it was so easy.  Ok Brady I'll stay! Thereby teaching his dog brain he wants her to stay.  If we're criticizing who is plotting against whom, it's Brady who hightailed it to an attorney.

Until I read this post, I couldn't figure out what Theresa was trying to accomplish. So thanks, Quelle! 

• Love 2