Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Did I hear right? Doug and/or Julie were on a cruise ship and asked to sing? I am imaging a whole lot of passengers either tried to swim for shore (shark infested waters be damned) or asked for a partial refund.  Can you just imagine the jazz hands and Lizzie Minnelli-esque type performance and I do mean from the both of them. They just always to me seem to be on the cusp of wanting to break out into a song and dance number which is why I kinda cringe when they are on screen because I am not a big fan of musicals. 

LOL!!  Islandgal, you said it perfectly.  When Show flashed us the scene of Doug singing to Chase and Ciarra  it both gave me the creeps and made me laugh.  One of the reasons I've never really wanted to go on a cruise is the fear that I'd be stuck on a ship with people EXACTLY like Doug and Julie.  Julie, I might be able to take more, because she's so self-involved she wouldn't even notice anyone else, but Doug is the classic "Pull My Finger, no go on, do it" sort of guy who would just follow anybody around with terrible jokes and observations.

Man, when you stop and think, virtually all of Alice's good descendants do NOT live in Salem, or even visit.

I assumed Abifail had been picked up by animal control some point earlier in the day and Jen was going down to the pound to bail her out.

Or maybe she was roadkill?  Can we at least hope??  

• Love 4

Man, but I hate Daniel!  How dare he give Theresa his constipated annoyed face at her wanting to change HER OWN BABY's NAME?!!  The same baby who WAS KIDNAPPED OUT OF HER WOMB!!  Does no one get just how violated she's been?  And I will never get tired of Nicole's sitting in judgement of Theresa because in Nicole's mind she's decided that she's better than Theresa--I guess she's been infected by the Jonas.  Not good--at all. 

• Love 7

Suddenly Southern is garbage. For once I'm rooting for raccoon Jen to beat her (and Cole's) ass.

Who the hell does Victor think he is treating Xander like trash for being a criminal?

Who the hell does Nicole think she is judging someone for being 'bad'?

• Love 6
(edited)

Victor is so sanctimonious now...This is a man that once tried to kill his own son to keep his wife and he has the nerve to judge anybody..I feel bad for Xander....People were cheering his treatment of Will and I was appalled watching that...Especially after all of the stunts he pulled on the Brady family....There is a reason why Bo has never really accepted Victor as his dad...

The real Victor would have accepted Xander with open arms..Family is everything to Victor..It was always him and Justin against the world, that was why he was always against Adrienne being with Justin and pulled every dirty trick in the book to keep them apart..He even gave Justin pills that would render him infertile, so that Adrienne could not conceive..Victor is no saint...He needs to take several seats in the pool house at the Kiriakis mansion...

The Xander/Victor relationship would have been a good story to tell with Nicole in the middle of it and on Xander's side. It they're not going to go anywhere with it, why make Xander a Kiriakis to begin with? I just can't with the miss opportunities of this  show...It is so obvious that Xander is going to be Evil, so that Dr Tan can come in and rescue Nicole from him....Another character is going to be sacrifice at the altar of the perfect doctor...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

More of the hypocrite brigade judging others when they are shady themselves.  Whatever show.  Newsflash the majority of your characters are not good people so they should STFU.  Worse most of your characters are BORING.

I want Sami to be on Theresa's side when she returns to Salem.  I want them to have scenes together, and I want Sami to teach Theresa how to throw a punch, and shoot a gun.

• Love 5
(edited)

So what happened with Xander??

I haven't seen it but I have read some recaps and from what I have read Xander tried to kissed Nicole. She turned away saying she couldn't because she wasn't ready. They were interrupted by a call from Victor. Victor continued to treat Xander worse than he treats the hired help. Seriously, Vic is kinder to the butler and when Tefler played Damon. At one point, Victor is directing Xander to secure the mansion to protect Brady and wants him (Xander) to play it cool so Xander should pretend like he is family. LOL! Xander says under his breath that he is family. I think Victor actually says: "You're a nephew who's just visiting, nobody important." But Daniel, a frigging godson, struts around like he owns the damn place. I. CAN. NOT. 

Sounds pretty ugly today.

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 5

Friday's Recap

Paige/JJ/Cole/Jennifer/Roman

JJ opens the door to the house and and JJ says what the hell. He sees a potted plant on the floor and doesn't know how it got there, he picks it up and puts it back in its place. Cole is in JJ's bedroom frantically looking for a place to stash the drugs. He ends up hearing their voice outside and Cole hides under the bed. Paige and JJ start to kiss while Cole wishes he was somewhere else. JJ says they can't do it as Jen will be home so they agree to go downstairs, so they leave the room. Cole crawls out from under the bed and sees JJ's backpack on his bed and puts the drug in the backpack.

In the living room Paige tells JJ that they'll have to make a lot of changes and how Eve will be alone wants they go off to college. JJ says that Eve will have Theresa but Paige doesn't think that'll be good. JJ wonders if Eve will try to stop her but Paige says that she won't while Cole comes downstairs and able to sneak out of the house. Paige says nothing will tear them apart.

Jen is now home which JJ shows her the letter of being accepted and she wants to know why he applied and he says it's a few minutes from Stanford and how he and Paige can see each other. Jen is excited and JJ tells her about them moving there which Jen is okay with too as she says it's up to him and asks if he's sure about Cali and JJ says he never wants to be separated from Paige again. Jen says if he's happy she's all for it. JJ thinks it's perfect.

Meanwhile Cole is on the phone at the park on the tip line and ratting out JJ. Back at the house Jen says Abby will be happy about the news and she tells Paige that she should call Eve about some good news. Paige is getting ready to go when there's a knock at the door which Roman stands there and says it's police business and he says that he needs to talk to JJ.

Eve/Jennifer/Theresa/Brady/Dan/Mel/Maggie/Victor/John

Eve tells Jen that she's staying out of the relationship of JJ and Paige and Jen hopes she means it. Eve says she knows what she has to do to make it right. Eve tells Jen that she's at the hospital to see Eve. Theresa and Brady arrive and Theresa introduces the baby to Eve. The doctor looks at the baby and needs Brady and Theresa to step out which they do. Theresa tells Eve the baby is fine as Eve is upset on what Kristen did but Theresa calms her down. Brady wants to talk to Jen and they walk off to the other side of the room. Eve calls Kristen a psycho and not human.

Brady tells Jen that Kristen is dead. Eve doesn't care much about Kristen and tells Theresa her life is about to change as Theresa stares at Brady with a smile agreeing with Eve. Brady and Jen are now in the waiting room where they discuss Kristen some more and thought Kristen was generous and sweet and she was that way when she was with Brady. Brady thinks he should hate her for stealing the baby which part of him does hate her but a part of him loves her and sad how things ended between them. Jen comforts him by holding his hand.

Eve asks if Theresa called their parents and Theresa says no because they'll be on a plane and hover over her. Eve encourages her to call Kimberly and that the baby does bring on new things. 

Dan is now standing in the center while Eve, Theresa, Maggie, Brady, Mel, & Jen circle around him. Dan goes to check on the baby. Brady is happy Mel is there and hugs her while Theresa looks on. Dan comes out and says baby is fine but has to stick around and Theresa wants to do the bone marrow procedure as she's the donor and Dan wants to check something with another doctor. Theresa asks him not to leave as she wants to tell everyone about Mel keeping her and Brady in the dark about their baby and Theresa also confirms that the name Kristopher will not be his name for long. 

They think Theresa is going to put Mel down but Theresa says she's thanking her and how she treated Mel badly. Theresa talks about how Mel got to the truth and the reason they have their son and is grateful and gives Mel a hug which Mel has a weird look on her face. Dan says he's going to look at the baby and Theresa wants her and Brady to join which he will later after speaking with Mel. So Theresa invites Eve which before going to see the baby Eve approaches Jen and asks if she hears from Paige to tell Paige the good news about the baby. She walks off and Maggie says to Jen that Eve seemed friendly like she couldn't believe it which Jen shares the same sentiments. 

Brady and Mel are in the waiting room where Brady plants a kiss on her as a way of saying thank you which Mel says she likes his way better than Theresa's. Brady doesn't know how to make it up to her and Brady tells her he's not prepared on being a father but Mel says it'll come to him and he tells her that he loves her.

Now Theresa, Brady, Eve, Mel, & Dan (Maggie is too I think, can't remember) are where the baby is with Brady kissing Mel as Theresa sees and Eve notices the look on Theresa's face while they're kissing. Everyone with the exception of Brady exits the room while Brady looks at the baby. Eve and Theresa are by the elevator and Eve knows that Theresa is up to something because since coming back she's had a smile on her face and basically being nice.

Victor arrives in the room with Brady and doesn't like the name since Kristen named him after her and he tells her and Brady says that Theresa doesn't like the name. Victor is about to start but Brady prevents him from doing so.

John arrives where Brady introduces the baby to him.

Eve/Theresa

At The Pub eating where Theresa says she still hates Mel and Eve says they're alike and whatnot.

Xander/Nicole/Victor

Xander tells Nicole that he can tell her how he feels about her but rather show her and goes for a kiss but Nicole backs away. She said she's not ready and about to explain but Xander's phone rings and it's from Victor who wants him over at his house immediately and quickly hangs up on Xander without further explanation. He tells Nicole he has to leave and Nicole says if he isn't gonna be too long she can stay at Xander's hotel room. Xander thinks that it's appealing but doesn't know how long he'll be but Nicole says that she can take it easy and get comfortable which Xander appreciates but he said he'll call her when he's free and Nicole walks out and hope that it isn't too long as he closes the door.

Nicole says to herself that she'll have to snoop some other time but will find out what he and Serena are up to.

Serena/Eric/Nicole/Marlena

Serena meets Eric in Horton Square with a gift which is a Hawaiian shirt and Eric thinks she's too focused on Hawaii. Serena talks about the positives and new job offer but Eric can't make a decision as he wants to know what's going on with her and Mar. Eric gets a text which he thinks something is going on which Nicole shows up with yogurt or ice cream (take your pick) and says she thinks so to, Serena thinks Nicole is eavesdropping, but Nicole doesn't pay Serena much attention. Eric knows Theresa was there and Nicole says it can't be good with Theresa being involved.

Nicole tells Eric that she's not covering the story on Brady as her producer called her to cover the story about Italy. Eric is thankful and has to walk away right quick. Nicole sees the shirt and wants to know why Serena wants to leave Salem so badly. Serena says one of the reasons is Nicole and Nicole tells her that Eric can find a way to move on from her which Serena isn't gonna get into it with Nicole and stomps off. Nicole says to herself she's gonna find out what it is she's hiding and calls her a bitch.

Mar, Eric, & Serena are at TBD where Mar finishes telling them the story. Mar doesn't wish anyone dead and Eric says that Kristen can't hurt her and she says that Kristen can't hurt the people she loves. Serena says Kristen sounds like a real psycho. Mar thinks death was the only thing that will keep her away from her family and Serena agrees that death is sometimes the solution.

Victor/Marlena/John/Xander/Dan/Nicole

John arrives at Victor's as he received a text to meet there. Marlena enters the house and Victor wanted to ring her neck but wanted to basically throw her a parade for killing Kristen with John looking shocked. Mar says it was an accident but Victor is gleeful and has goosebumps over Kristen taking a one way trip out of a window and wants to break out the champagne. Mar and John are not in a celebratory mood so Vic says he'll drink by himself and leave John & Mar to talk. John wants to know why she was in Italy and she tells him that she was looking for him.

Xander arrives and meets Vic in the backyard which Vic tells Xander about Brady and the baby but calls Theresa poison. Vic says they have to get the place ready which Xander thinks it's a family gathering and happy to be invited but Vic tells him no and that he's around to make sure the place is secure.  Vic thinks that the DiMeras might look for revenge and needs a good pair of eyes and that nobody can know that Xander is working for him which Xander accepts the job and Vic walks off. Xander is pissed and says he's family too. Meanwhile Mar tells John the story about Kristen but says it isn't her place to say why everyone else being Brady, Mel, & Theresa were in Italy, and John wants to know where Brady is.

Marlena is on the phone with Eric while John gets a text from Brady to meet him at the hospital. Mar asks about Paul and John says some other time and they'll talk later as John leaves.

Nicole is now at Vic's house and Dan enters the house and they make small chat. Dan wants to know if they can get some coffee and Nicole says no, it's over as Xander is listening from outside by the door. Dan doesn't know why she's acting like this and Nicole says all they do is fight and tired of it, she goes to leave, Dan grabs her and Nicole basically tells him to leave her alone and not to call her and she leaves. Out in the hall Nicole feels bad.

Maggie/Mel/Dan

Maggie and Dan hug Mel, happy that she's back. Maggie wants to know why she and Brady were there and Theresa and Marlena as well. Mel says it's complicated. Mel says the number 5 which is the baby which Mel explains the story of what happened with Theresa, Brady, and Kristen. Dan thinks Brady is in shock which Mel thinks so as well. Dan wants to know why Mel didn't come to him but thinks Brady needed to know and Mel tells Maggie that Vic told Brady where Kristen was which Maggie doesn't look pleased. Mel tells them the baby has SCID and Dan is going to the hospital and Mel wants to stay home as she doesn't want to go the hospital, feeling it's not her place right now. Dan tells her the baby does change things but doesn't change the fact that Brady loves her.

Maggie and Mel are back at Dan's house and Maggie notices how Theresa was grateful which IMO Mel is on the fence about.

----------------------------------------------

OMG that recap was a little hard because characters were just showing up here and there and random places. I can only imagine what the actual script for today's show looked like....a damn mess. Watching and recapping was just ugh. Days Friday episodes are always lackluster for some reason. 

Wasn't that just irritating how they had Dark Roast standing in the middle while 6 characters surrounded him like he was The Pope or something? Funny how they're trying to make Dan this important character when clearly he isn't. Now he has to be the one to perform the bone marrow. How I wish the writers would create a new doctor character who shows Dark Roast up so much so that Maxine removes her lips out of Dark Roast's ass and plants it on the new doctor.

Nicole, you keep declining these stories that they want you to cover and you'll end up jobless but I'm sure Sonix would pick her up and Sonix may end up getting the story about Italy.

I do feel bad for Xander, cause Victor is really treating him like shit. 

Maybe Serena is thinking about killing herself since she agreed with Mar that death is possibly the only option or she may fake her death if Eric ends up not going with her.

JJ & drugs again. Yawn. Story just gets worse and worse. 

• Love 6

Did I hear right? Doug and/or Julie were on a cruise ship and asked to sing? I am imaging a whole lot of passengers either tried to swim for shore (shark infested waters be damned) or asked for a partial refund.  Can you just imagine the jazz hands and Lizzie Minnelli-esque type performance and I do mean from the both of them. They just always to me seem to be on the cusp of wanting to break out into a song and dance number which is why I kinda cringe when they are on screen because I am not a big fan of musicals.

Doug was a cruise ship singer.  It's what he did for a living.

• Love 1
(edited)

Maybe Serena is thinking about killing herself since she agreed with Mar that death is possibly the only option or she may fake her death if Eric ends up not going with her.

I think she is thinking about killing Xander.

I don't understand why Serena is feeling so threatened by Xander if she gave him the diamonds and she has her money. As far as she knows the diamond count hasn't come up short so what's the problem? They sound like they are square at the moment. Why the need to flee to Hawaii? Why is she fearing for her and Eric's safety? Doesn't make sense. 

Can we get to a new day in Salem already. So tired of that dress Nicole is wearing. If mold ever crossbred with fungus made and fabric that is what it would look like. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 1

I wish we could erase the next five months and move on to the new regime......The new writing team has already edited some things out..Those Caroline scenes that were inserted in past episodes were there to cover up the cutout scenes where Mama Narita declared her past  love for John..Apparently the actress got roasted on tweeter for talking about her character's love for John....They were really vicious...She did not deserve the bashing..Some crazy people love to troll the internet...

(edited)

It is true..I wish that  I could link it on here for you guys to see..I found the scenes on another board and people were commenting on that..We all noticed how weird the Caroline scenes were in past episodes..The new regime may be tweaking certain stories  from the old regime now to flow with their material...Sparkle could turn out to be a Dimera after all.

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

In August...The new writing team can remove and add scenes to episodes that have not aired yet..If it is not shown on the show, then it is not canon...Higley loves the Kiriakis family alot and they will getting alot  of focus.....She loves Sonny alot as well...

Did you guys notice how everybody was surrounding Daniel like he was baby Jesus in the manger..Unbelievable! this show is too much with their Daniel adoration....I expected everybody to bow down and worship him....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

Daniel just couldn't resist running down to the hospital to put himself in the middle of everything even though nobody asked for him.

Hooray to Theresa for her apology to Melanie. Too bad it was phony.

Why does Victor act so mean towards Xander?  "You're just a nephew who's visiting, nobody important."

I really find it hard to believe that Eve is so willing to ruin JJ's life.

It's bad enough that NBC has been running ads for their shows at the bottom of the screen for years, but now they're running commercials there, too?  Ugh.

• Love 4

I haven't seen it but I have read some recaps and from what I have read Xander tried to kissed Nicole. She turned away saying she couldn't because she wasn't ready. They were interrupted by a call from Victor. Victor continued to treat Xander worse than he treats the hired help. Seriously, Vic is kinder to the butler and when Tefler played Damon. At one point, Victor is directing Xander to secure the mansion to protect Brady and wants him (Xander) to play it cool so Xander should pretend like he is family. LOL! Xander says under his breath that he is family. I think Victor actually says: "You're a nephew who's just visiting, nobody important." But Daniel, a frigging godson, struts around like he owns the damn place. I. CAN. NOT.

Sounds pretty ugly today.

Shit. I've always hated Victor. Hopefully Alexandros is like EJ was to the Dimeras and brings down the whole stupid house. Thanks for the Intel!

I think she is thinking about killing Xander.

I don't understand why Serena is feeling so threatened by Xander if she gave him the diamonds and she has her money. As far as she knows the diamond count hasn't come up short so what's the problem? They sound like they are square at the moment. Why the need to flee to Hawaii? Why is she fearing for her and Eric's safety? Doesn't make sense.

Can we get to a new day in Salem already. So tired of that dress Nicole is wearing. If mold ever crossbred with fungus made and fabric that is what it would look like.

I do love her manicure though. Been enjoying that for days. (No pun intended)

(edited)

When are we going to start seeing the new head writers material on screen?

I hate to say it but not until at least September. Molly Burnett has been gone since December so....

Also, every time Nicole asks "What am I going to do?" I think, stop talking to yourself for one. The amount of plotting this girl does by herself in a room these days is actually embarrassing. Mainly because she's doing it all with complete obvliousness to the importance of using her inside voice. At one point even Xander knocked on the door expecting to find her in deep conversation with someone. Ridiculous.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 3

I thought the way she was talking to him yesterday, about making sure that none of her family gets hurt, that she truly does understand who Clyde is.

I never realized how short Riley Bodenstab (Cole) was, until I saw him standing next to Kassie dePaiva.

Do these writers have a clue about the Bay Area?  "We won't need winter clothes, we can live in our swimsuits".  Dream on, guys.  You're going to freeze your tushies off.  Like Mark Twain once said the coldest winter he ever experienced was a summer day in San Francisco.  Now it's true that San Jose and the area around Stanford is warmer, but not THAT much warmer.

I really hate the mystical side of Julie.  Bring back the evil harridan.

Kate did seem to get it as far as his dangerousness but why she trust him is beyond me.

I wish Rory was playing the Cole part.  He and Suddenly Southern would have been a hoot!  But it's just as well, I want Rory and JJ to remain friends.  Paige would never have considered going out with Rory but they did have a connection at one point over probably having equally disorganized childhoods.

I had a boyfriend in the Bay Area many eons ago and being from up north it cracked me up  they all threw on winter weight jackets if it dropped below 60.  Anything over 50 is shorts weather and (god forbid) tank tops here.  And they're just kids planning to play house over the summer.  Let them wear swimsuits I say. 

It felt like a couple of years worth of Doug and Julie crammed into that horrible scene. Go away until the 50th.  Poor Chase, it's not even his relative.  Seems Ciara knows how to avoid being trapped at a table with her 2nd rate lounge singer grandpa.  Jazz hands?  No doubt.  Is she aware he's spending all her inheritance on those stupid cruises.  Julie is just too damned loud all the time and how many times in that scene did she try to climb Mount Doug?  Disturbing.  

• Love 4

Julie is just too damned loud all the time and how many times in that scene did she try to climb Mount Doug?  Disturbing.  

Now WHY didn't Julie break into her and Doug's song?  You know the one...

On top of Mount Dougie

All covered with cheese

Julie lost all her meatballs

When somebody sneezed.

Her brain hit the table

And onto the floor

And then all her meatballs

Rolled out of the door.

I love how Doug and Julie stay true to the classics.

Seriously, though, I bet the cruise lines always give them the incorrect directions to the lifeboats.

• Love 2
(edited)

Random thought: if Paul was conceived during the Father John era....wouldn't that make him older than Brady or EJ??  They were born after him, but appear a decade older.  Makes no sense.  Shouldn't Paul be SORASed just like they were?

And is Xander just supposed to be posing as family?  Is he a hired hand?

I also 

enjoyed the bizarrely human and touching scene between Jenn and Brady...

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 2

Random thought: if Paul was conceived during the Father John era....wouldn't that make him older than Brady or EJ??  They were born after him, but appear a decade older.  Makes no sense.  Shouldn't Paul be SORASed just like they were?

And is Xander just supposed to be posing as family?  Is he a hired hand?

I also 

enjoyed the bizarrely human and touching scene between Jenn and Brady...

It would make Paul younger than Brady (Brady was born in 1992) but older than EJ.

(edited)

The show  has never bothered to give me a good explanation on why Theresa is a raging bitch at all times. I need a good backstory to explain her attitude and grating personality...Kim and Shane were wonderful people on the show. I have a hard time believing that their little girl would be this way. Kim had a horrible childhood due to being a victim of sexual abuse at the hands of her uncle Eric..I have always found it fascinating that Marlena and Roman named their twins after family members that were monsters, but I digress. Shane was a devoted father, he accepted Andrew as his son even when he thought that he was Victor's. The son of his mortal enemy. He would have moved heaven and earth to ensure that Andrew and Jeannie had a great life, especially since he was never there for Eve, who had a horrible childhood and was  a teen prostitute. I would like the new writers to give us a good explanation on the psyche of Theresa Donovan, one that does not trash Kim and Shane in the process..Jen Lilley is a wonderful actress and one of the few bright lights on this dreary show...

I have always felt that the Kim/Victor/Shane storyline was very similar to Lucas/ Sami/ EJ in that Victor's obsession with Kim was like EJ's with Sami. The only difference is that Kim never fell in love with her rapist and tormentor. Plus the writing was much better with Kim and Shane and character driven..I loved it when Kim was blind and was with Victor. She got her sight back unbeknownst to Victor and began to spy on him and reporting her findings back to Shane..Kim was such a kick ass heroine and Victor was such an unrepentant bastard back then....The Brady family despised him with a passion....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 6

Theresa is rude to people I don't like anyway, so can we really blame her for calling Jacosta, Dark Roast, JJ, Toothy, Dumbass Brady, Yawn, & Jar Jar out on their hypocrisy. They seem to forget that at times they approach Theresa and start drama with her when she's not even bothering them. She does have people she's civil to like Caroline, Eric, Eve, & Anne. 

• Love 4

Theresa is rude to people I don't like anyway, so can we really blame her for calling Jacosta, Dark Roast, JJ, Toothy, Dumbass Brady, Yawn, & Jar Jar out on their hypocrisy. They seem to forget that at times they approach Theresa and start drama with her when she's not even bothering them. She does have people she's civil to like Caroline, Eric, Eve, & Anne. 

Where has Anne been lately?

• Love 1
(edited)

True..I like it when Characters have depth...Victor was an unrepentant bastard back in the day, but he always had layers..He was never a cartoon..He always had a purpose with his schemes..His love for Justin and his family was always his saving grace...He moved heaven and earth to win Isabella's love when he found out that she was his daughter....He was overjoyed when he had Philip, the only child he ever raised....His antipathy towards Xander is so out of character....

Philip needs to be in town wheeling and dealing while taking no prisoners..Andrew Donovan should be an agent like his father trying to bring down the kiriakis empire, specifically Philip..This would be a nod to the history between Shane and Victor..It would be even better, if they were rivals for a woman....Having Andrew around trying to talk sense into Theresa would help to show her softer side....Her big brother should be a source of support for  her...She needs people on her side..She is a Brady....She should also be BFF with Stefanie Johnson...I am excited that the new writing team is going to focus on the vets, but, they should also focus on their children and grandchildren..It makes no sense that Will, Eric and Theresa are not close...The characters are  too isolated and it does not give the sense that Salem is a community...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

But she's rude to nonentities like Jorge the lab tech, for no good reason.

• Love 2

Sami would lash out at people too because everyone was against her, real or imagined.  And JL is a natural borned actress.  She wants to be loved, just like Sami.

• Love 3
(edited)

Sometimes Teresa's anger does seem a bit inexplicable in the sense of going off on people even when they're not doing anything to her, but JL has such a sunny disposition in the face, I suppose I feel Teresa also has a sort of inexplicable pleasantness to her even when she's getting mad at people. Her pleasant face tends to take some of the edge off, I guess? Not sure if that makes sense but I think the cheeriness of her face makes up for the constant agitation written into Teresa's character...maybe it helps that she yells at people who go out of their way to be annoying for no reason sometimes (i.e Dan, Abigail, Brady, Melanie, etc.) I can't recall if she's ever yelled at somebody I actually liked (which I guess isn't really anyone at the present time). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Sami would lash out at people too because everyone was against her, real or imagined.  And JL is a natural borned actress.  She wants to be loved, just like Sami.

I think Sami also has the built in home court advantage because we as the audience grew up with her and got to see firsthand how shitty her family treated her and how she always came last to her twin brother and sainted sister.

• Love 3

I think Sami also has the built in home court advantage because we as the audience grew up with her and got to see firsthand how shitty her family treated her and how she always came last to her twin brother and sainted sister.

Exactly, They are trying to make Will and Theresa the new Sami without given them a real reason to be manipulative and nasty. Sami's progression into a villainess was a slow progression that took time and it was character-driven. It was a series of things that shaped Sami into the woman that she was....The same can be said for kristen...The writers are not talented enough and patient enough to craft a well written intriguing story...Everything is a plot point....I have never understood Theresa's bitchiness..For example: a few weeks ago, she made a nasty comment about Will..It made no sense to me since she has never even interacted with him....

• Love 1

Late to the party, didn't get to watch the show completely until today.  You all have said it well so I don't have much to add but..

Eve was a cool liar in Friday's episode, wasn't she?  Out of character for the Eve we've seen, IMO.  I think a bit of KdP's Blair slipped through in her scenes with Jenn.  I enjoyed her with Theresa but I usually do.  This plan with whatshisname, though, is so boneheaded.  

While I'm not Paige's biggest fan, what everybody is doing to her is really crappy, though.  Jenn doesn't really care about her, no matter what she says.  All she wants is for JJ to have whatever makes him feel better and right now that's Paige.  JJ's using Paige, too - I don't see this as any young love storyline.  He's just too messed up for that IMO.  He's almost obsessive about her, as if she's the magic that is going to save him.  After what he's done, sleeping with her mom, he should be done with her, not going anywhere near her.  JJ is messed up and Paige is paying the price.

And what the hell it is with Eve....whatever it is, nothing makes it okay, so all this "love" they all profess for Paige is just so much bullshit.  I hope she brings down a rain of fire on all of them.  

I love Victor but he's being an ass.  It makes no sense for him to be so dismissive and actually cruel to Xander the way he's been.  It's bad enough that he carries such a torch for Daniel - something I don't actually believe is true to him either.  A godson is not a Kiriakis, and even being Maggie's kid shouldn't have Victor lighting candles to this turd.

Show seems to think this is what we see when Daniel is onscreen 

Daniel%20the%20way%20SHOW%20sees%20him.j

But most of us don't see a god

- we see this - Daniel%20as%20WE%20see%20him.jpg

I see we got a nice dose of Maggie on Friday's episode, her high-pitched whine/cry because Mel is safe, and of course she had to fully cover her face with her hands because she's so overcome that Mel was actually able to survive flying coach home from Italy.  And then we got to see her with her nose in the air because Theresa had a baby.  I wish I could find something about Maggie I could like, but all I see is a snide gossip who loves to feel better than other people.  I wish she's trip and fall on her hair.

And Theresa.....I wish she was actually grateful to Mel for what she did, and not faking it.  They don't have to be friends, but I would have liked her to not start scheming the SECOND she got back to Salem with the baby.  Bad enough she wants to reunite with that bonehead Brady, but it would be a better storyline IMO if Brady decided he wanted to be with Theresa and the baby instead of Mel in some natural way, and not in a "Theresa schemes" way.  Of course I may be prejudiced because I don't want Theresa to be with that moron.  

Oh - I'm with Theresa - change the name.  

And I can't wait for Kimberly to get to Salem.   I want to see a good amount of interaction with her and Theresa and her and Eve, and Caroline.   It will be a nice break to see some pros in action.

• Love 6

I'm catching up on Xander's scenes now, wow he really is fit for the EJ throne. Also Eric: too dumb to live. I am repeatedly struck by how this simpleminded, sanctimonious moron could have shared a womb with the brain trust that is Sami Brady. It's almost blasphemous. 

• Love 2

I love Anne and she is amazing but she's been giving Theresa a lot of bad advice for a long time now so I don't mind the absence.

There have been times when Anne has given Theresa good advice and called Theresa out on her behavior recently. 

• Love 3

the enemy of my enemy is my friend- i think thats exactly why i love theresa, plus jen lily is a hoot

• Love 1
(edited)

Just thought of something. That's four dead children for Stefano, he may be a dreadful human being but Victor is just as bad or worse (to his relatives) and they're all still alive and kicking. Did the show just not think? Killing off two Dimeras in one year? If they go to war with the Kiriakis again they will be decimated. This would be a really good time to resurrect Tony and bring back Anna.

ETA boes I agree about Daniel, he's not even blood and honestly to my mind and the "real Victor's" he should look like nothing more than an unwashed scoundrel. There's no way on earth that he would or should be prized above a real Kiriakis. Take your vengeance Alexandros, take your vengeance.

Edited by slayer2
  • Love 1

Exactly, everybody has to be sacrifice for God.. AKA Daniel.....it is disgusting..He must the most hated character in the history of Days....

He really is, almost threw up in my mouth a little when I remembered he slept his way through 3 generations of Roberts women. Disgusting. This storyline is also borderline retarded because Victor thinks Brady is as dumb as we do and doesn't waste a chance to let him know. He also took great pleasure in making Philip feel like human garbage so this new 'tide about family family family to the exclusion of Alexandros rings even more false.

I really hope Alexandros is Justin's son and Sonny's brother it would make this soooo much sweeter when he brings the house down marries Nicole and makes Victor wish he was never born.

• Love 1

Alexandros is not Alexander Kiriakis...They even had Maggie make references to so many Alexanders in the Kiriakis Family; Victor's brother who was Justin's father, Justin's son and now Alexandros who is the son of another Brother of Victor's....Victor only had one brother who was Justin's dad who died in a car accident in Greece with his mom. Plus, Justin was an only child. Justin and Victor always talked about  each other being all they had in the world..The actor who plays Xander can do an American accent, he should have been Alex, his son with Anjelica. Another missed opportunity by Ken Corday...

(edited)

Alexander Kiriakis is needed on the show. His baby brother is in crisis. His parents marriage is falling apart. Victor needs a ruthless person by his side to deal with Clyde. Plus Alex can give us a heads up about the twins Joseph and Victor Jr....I don't understand why Ken Corday does not see that this character is needed on canvas...His return can make Philip come back to fight for Victor's throne...Anjelica could come back to get close her son and cause trouble for Adrienne. Anjelica can team up with Lucas to keep Justin and Adrienne apart.. She can even be friends with Kate. It would even be a hoot if Anjelica makes a play for Victor pissing Maggie off...lol These writers are so incompetent....it is truly astounding and unbelievable...

Edited by Apprentice79