Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

I was waiting for Stefano to put "Memories" sung by Streisand on the old record player so he and Chad could weep softly over losing yet one more psycho family member.  Poor Chad, having to mourn all three seconds of memories he had of her.  

Oh yes let us all harken back to the many heartfelt, deep, emotional, splendorous brother/sisters moments between Chad and Kristen. Let us all flashback and let the wavy lines of our memories remember the time they.....

tumblr_m01bcxylnt1qzmsxe.jpg

I like Theresa in mommy mode.  And I can't wait until Ann buys the baby his first leopard print jumper.

Too bad it wasn't a girl. Ann could have bought her a leopard print wrap dress.

Friday's show was so boring and bad...This was the the only good thing about the show...I post this for all the Xander fans on here, especially for you Islandgal,

What a man!

CD-EkrMUkAAmCFD.png

Oh blessings to you dear Apprentice for the picture.  No shame to my game. I am the thirstiest of them all. That towel was riding awful low.

Speaking of fine, must have been that preppy shirt/sweater combo but Eric was looking awful good to me Friday. I wish Corday and company would get a clue, give that character a brain so he can stop being a doorstop in his own storylines. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

Xander looks good from the neck down. His face is so off putting to me. He's not really handsome but isnt dead ugly. I can't figure why I don't like him. Maybe, it's it his big teeth or ears. That said, the dude is built like a brick house and isn't waxed to death.

• Love 2

I think Xander has weird hair. That looks like hair teenage boys wore in the '90s.  

Xander showed promise before he started manhandling women and started sporting jealous face over Brady and Daniel. I mean, I guess I can see why you'd be envious of, or rather frustrated, about everybody singing Daniel's praises, but Brady's brain really shouldn't inspire envy.

• Love 2

I think Xander is upset that Victor praises them and is barely giving Xander a second glance unless Victor needs something from him. You can see he really wants Victor's approval/attention and wants Victor to give him attention like he seems to give Dark Roast and Dumbass Brady. Why Xander wants this, are reasons unknown but I guess writers are delving into it. Knowing these writers it's probably gonna be for a stupid ass reason. 

• Love 5
(edited)

Jar Jar just has to be the center of the fucking universe. Chad told her that it's not a good time now but she just has to keep bothering him and upset because Chad isn't giving her his full attention. Sorry Jar Jar but I think Chad isn't mesmerized by your Eau de Twat fragrance and that hideous fucking you had on. That thing she had on was just beyond FUGLY!!!

I've been trying to shed this mental image without success.  No doubt Failure spends her work hours waxing and bleaching and spraying her butt star and her Horton Hears a Hoo Ha. At least they eliminated that stupid spa set from a few years ago; We saw enough.

Then raids Alice's closet apparently.  Granny panties work great with blouses because I'm a good girl. Yes it's stupid that Stephono cares about this trivia but I haven't given up hope he will make Chad slam her hard.

ETA I've been trying to change my avatar to my cat or my tomatoes but it's too large :(

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 2

Xander.  Overly pumped purple muscles have always disgusted me for trying to be a perpetually engorged penis.  Scottish you say?  I don't hear anything Scottish.  He had a lot of potential with Nicole dammit.  I'm all up with you about what an asshole saboteur Corday is.  The new baby is a huge connection between families and it was just treated passee. 

• Love 3

What's the purpose of giving Theresa and Brady a baby? Most people in Salem don't need any kids but these two REALLY don't need a kid right now. I'm not against Brady and Theresa being paired up again but they really weren't together long enough to warrant being tied together by a baby.

• Love 3
(edited)

I've noticed I find any scenes with Brady kind of boring. Maybe his dumbness puts me into some kind of stupor....

A lot of the storylines that are sort of scandalous also quickly seem to lose some kind of energy.  Will and Paul are both equally annoying to me (sort of like how Sami annoys other people), but I did want to see how things would unfold with Sonny. Even if I was watching to   to criticize  Will's stupidity, I was somewhat engaged. But now that Paul is tied to John and Will is trying to figure out how to find Clyde interesting (I can't really blame him for feeling bored), I feel some loss of interest in the storyline. At this point I think I just want to see how the Paige and JJ storyline turns out. Will Paige turn on her mother? But once that's over, I don't know what else to keep my interest tied to. I guess there's hope that Abigail will humiliate herself in front of Chad....

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2
(edited)

I think so too...They will get together just in time for Sonny to come back to town.....I would not be surprise that Paul saves Will and Ari from Clyde's evil schemes...This show is so predictable with their stories...I am happy that you guys love My xander gift....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
(edited)

Knowing months in advance an actor is leaving does hurt the SLs.  It doesn't help that so many of these SLs are dead in the water before they even begin.

Theresa was a non-entity in the baby SL, and Brady's brain is AWOL 24/7 so if he isn't a non-entity, then he is a fool on screen doing something even dumber than usual.

Sonny saying I choose me, and telling both Will and Paul to take a hike would be great, except that I want Sonny to stay and Will and Paul to exit stage left.

JJ needs therapy, not a girl friend, and if his therapist can arrange for him to have a different mother and sister that would be excellent.

Serena/elephant/diamonds - so boring.

Jordan/identities/horrible relatives - do not care except that Jordan left her rapist father and idiot brother in Salem.  They should have left town when she did.

I will never stop bitching about Sami and Kate's revenge SL being ruined.

Eric is pretty to look at, but has no SL, or is a non-entity in his SL like Theresa.

Chad is being wasted.

Lucas finally gets an SL, and they try to re-do the Kate/Sami dynamic with Kate/Adrienne, and it just doesn't work.  Victor has been the only entertaining one in that SL.  Although Kate punching Adrienne when Adrienne was stupid enough to slap her was fun.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 9
(edited)

Your post is spot on, Tigerlynx and that is why the show is so boring and bad....There is nothing to look forward to..What were these stupid writers thinking....Ken Corday is such a hack..He is the reason that the show is so bad.....

Edited by Apprentice79

Stefano

We open the show with Stefano on the phone talking in Italian about something, read subtitles on that scene is all I can say lol.

Abby/Chad/Stefano

After not getting Chad's full attention, Chad hugs her, leaving Abby looking stumped. Chad lets go and apologizes and Abby wants to know what's going on and Chad says he can't as he really doesn't know and she says if it's about the other day and Chad firmly tells her it's not and wants her to say what she has to say leave. Chad wants to know why the hell she's even at his house leaving Abby even more stumped.

Abby apologizes if she hurt him, Chad phone rings and it's Stefano and he wants to know if Abby is still there and that he tells no one of Kristen's death. Phone call ends. Abby wants to know who was on the phone. Chad apologizes and Abby asks why he won't tell him who's on the phone and Chad says it's work and pressure. Abby said they'll talk later and Chad says he told her how he felt and she just ran out and ran to Ben, which she confirms and Chad says that got nothing else to discuss since she ran back to Ben. Abby flashes back to sex with Ben and thinking of Chad on top of her, Chad snaps her out of the flashback and asks do they have something to discuss.

Abby says she felt bad about the way they left things and that she cares for Chad as a friend only as they could never be anything more. Chad tells her does she honestly think that everything is about her. Abby stutters and says no but Chad says yes it is because she always think things are about her, like when she came over today and seen him sad and upset, the sushi dinner he was having with Zoe. Abby doesn't think she makes everything about her and just wanted to know if he's alright and Chad says he doesn't have to tell her everything because it's none of her damn business and to leave which she finally does.

Stefano is back home and makes a toast with Chad and tells him he has to leave Salem before anyone discovers that he's there. Chad promises not to let his father down as the two of them hug.

Clyde/Ben

Clyde is at the Pub putting sugar in his coffee when Ben sits down. Clyde tells him that Will has lied i his face. Clyde tells him about the article that's going to be written on him. Ben wants to know why Will didn't just tell him that instead of lying to him, and Clyde calls Will a snake. Ben doesn't know why Will wants to write an article on Clyde which Clyde doesn't know why either. Clyde thinks Will will question Ben and Ben said that he didn't tell Will anything. Saying that their past could reach Abby.

Ben says he'll talk to Will and Clyde tells him not to and that he has to be careful on who Ben trusts. 

Will/Kate

Will is at home on the phone with Zoe and says the confidential info on Paul is useless and makes some quips about Poplar Bluffs when there's a knock at the door and it's Kate who enters the house. Will says he's going to talk to Sonny before going to Poplar Bluffs. He hangs up the phone and tells Kate that he's writing a story on her boyfriend. Kate says it's the very reason why she came over. Will thinks Clyde sent Kate over to do his bidding on speaking up for him and Kate says it's not the case. Kate tells him that he has more important things to do like hanging on to Sonny. 

Will says he's focused on his marriage but he also has work. Kate doesn't think that the article on Clyde will be a letdown from his previous articles. Will says the story idea was Zoe's. Kate said she wouldn't give Clyde's article to anyone and Will says he first thought that it wasn't a good idea until he spoke to Clyde. Will says that Kate will not convince him to not write the article and to go back and tell her boyfriend. Kate wants to know why he wants to do it and Will says he has no choice and Kate says that he does have a choice and how is the article gonna be written without Clyde's cooperation. Will says he'll find a way without him, but would be easier if Clyde does cooperate. Kate talks about the Sami article and Will says that he's learned since then.

Kate wants to know why Zoe wants him to write the article and Will doesn't know, only that Zoe got a promotion and the ownership changed hands, which seems to set off alarms in Kate's head.

Will/Ben

Will sees Ben in Horton Square and asks him if he wants to get a drink and Ben declines leaving Will to have a rather perplexed look on his face.

Kate/Clyde

Clyde is now at TBD stuffing his face when Kate arrives and tells him she may know who wants Will to write an article on him. Clyde doesn't give a damn whose idea it was. Kate says that she can still monitor it and tells him that Zoe wanted him to write it but she's going to find out who the new owner is, who Kate speculates is Victor. Clyde says that Vic knows not to make an enemy of him and Kate says he sounds sure and Clyde says he does. Kate gets a call which verifies that Stefano DiMera brought Sonix Magazine and tells Clyde.

Xander/Victor/Maggie

Victor knows that Xander is leaving when his business is over but he would like for him to stay in Salem because his skills will come in handy. Xander has agreed to stay and asks if that's it and Vic says yes and Xander goes to leave. Before he does Vic asks if his business is almost done which Xander flashes back to twisting Serena's arm. Xander says it's almost done. Vic talks about their past and how Xander isn't afraid to get his hands dirty. Vic says that Xander will do what he tells him and be prepared to do what he asks and that Brady's issues are not Xander's concern. Xander says he's at Vic's beck and call and Vic says he better be as family is more than just blood.

Vic says he'll do anything for Dan, Brady, etc. Maggie comes in and wants to know what they're talking about. Vic said that they were talking about business opportunities for Xander. Xander is about to leave but Maggie stops him and invites him to have dinner once Brady comes back to town which Xander accepts and Vic dismisses him. When Xander leaves Maggie tells Vic that she and him have some catching up to do.

Vic says that Brady didn't know that he was being watched when in Italy. Maggie basically tells him that Brady can stand on his own and won't need Vic as much, but Vic thinks otherwise. Maggie wants to know why Vic is being so cryptic and he needs to stop managing the people he love. Vic thinks why he should do that when Sonny, Brady, and Justin are nothing but a big mess right now. Maggie hugs him and say that they'll be fine.

Serena/Nicole

Serena calls Nicole a jealous lunatic, which Nicole flashes back to her overhearing Serena speaking to Xander on the phone on Friday's episode. Nicole says jealousy has absolutely nothing to do with it. Serena wants to know why she cares and Nicole tells Serena that Serena knows what she's doing and Serena says she's staying away from Nicole because she's sick of the petty drama from Nicole. Nicole tells Serena that Eric's family is drama and she'll see that if she tries to take Eric away. Serena says Eric dumped her and talks about Dan which Nicole tells her to shut up. Serena says that Nicole is stuck on Eric.

Nicole tells her that her and Dan are none of her business and Serena says the same goes for her and Eric. Serena also says that she and Eric won't care about Nicole's opinion because basically she's a non-factor in their lives. Serena leaves TBD, and Nicole says to herself that she has no idea how wrong Serena is and calls Serena a bitch. 

Serena/Eric

Eric runs into Serena at the hospital where Serena tells him that she's almost done with her assignment and Eric says they'll celebrate with pizza. Serena says Hawaii and Eric thinks she's talking about pizza but Serena is talking about dinner in Hawaii and going there. Eric isn't over the moon about going to Hawaii and he can't leave Salem until Marlena returns home safely to which Serena says that he can text or call Mar and Eric wants to know why she's in a rush to leave Salem.

Eric tells her she's talented and can have her pick of any jobs and he rather somewhere close than far away like Hawaii as he doesn't want to make a decision right away. He says that he's happy with her in his life. She also says that she'll see how everything pans out.

Dan/Eric

Dan gives Eric some coffee and they talk about Nicole and how their problems is pretty much his fault and how he took his frustrations out on Nicole and he needs to stop because he loves her and wants it to work which Eric feels the same. Dan thinks Nicole keep secrets because it'll upset him. Eric says he has to get use to it because it's Nicole. Eric says he still cares about Nicole and is happy with Serena. Eric admits to hurting Nicole badly before and now letting go of his anger towards her and if things work out between them he wishes them the best which Dan appreciates. Dan says their problems isn't about Mel and Eric hopes it's not Xander that is their issue either.

Eric wants to know why he's concerned about Xander as Xander didn't know about them being together and could he possibly be jealous. Dan says he's not jealous of Xander and thinks Nicole isn't over Eric. Eric reassures him that there's nothing between then and Dan thinks he shouldn't put Eric in the middle. Eric says that Nicole does have the ability to love but she wants it fast and Dan says she also panics and love won't happen at all. Eric tells Dan that he can't change people and has to accept them for who they are. Eric hopes things works out and leaves Dan's apartment. Dan whips out his phone and is about to call Nicole but doesn't.

Nicole/Dan

Nicole is sitting in Horton Square talking to herself about Eric needing to know the truth. She flashes back to her last convo with Xander and thinks that Xander could be persuaded to talk about Serena, but how would Dan feel about her talking to Xander. Dan is a few small feet away from her and says to Nicole what she's thinking about and Nicole says him which puts a rather creepy smirk on Dan's face.

Dan tells her that Brady and Mel are okay and Nicole wants to know what is happening in Italy or is that something else Dan won't tell her. Dan says he doesn't know the full story and apologizes for how he spoke to her in her office and took out his anger on her over the Mel situation. He wants to know if she'll accept his apology but Nicole sees Xander out of the corner of her eye. Nicole says that they can't start over and says this loudly for Xander to hear, who's standing way on the other side of Horton Square.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Damn Jar Jar, you're such a nosy bitch. Why won't you tell me who's on the phone, like it's her fucking business. Like Chad is her boyfriend, so I enjoyed Chad calling her out on her self-centered behavior. That's one thing I love about Chad, he's the only one in Salem that calls Jar Jar out on her behavior. When he said that she makes everything about her, Jar Jar did nothing but stutter. Those scenes were brilliant because Chad left her stump and looking stupid. Oooh and that species need to go back home and change that fucking outfit and do something with that hair. YIKES!!!

I did laugh at Mannequin leaving Sneasel high and dry at Horton Square.

Vic also made me laugh calling Brady, Justin, & Sonny messes and it's why he has to control things for his family cause those three aren't in the right mind to do it. 

Eric turn on your damn Spider Senses, you can't see that something is up with Shrewena, she's always having mood swings and ready to go and leave and wants you to leave Salem so quickly to the tune of you not waiting for your own mother to return safely from Italy and instead wants you to text or call her from a phone. Ugh.

Nicole you better be careful where Xander is concerned, cause he'll break your arm and won't care. So if you gonna manipulate him to get a story out of Shrewena, you better have a good game.

• Love 7

What is wrong with Abifail? She needs to have her throat slashed.

She really is the worst!  She needs to have Chad in love with her so she can send him a regretful glance and a "sorry. but you can't have me."  It doesn't even occur to her that he may have some other issue that's making him upset because she needs to be his undoing.  I hate to break it to KM, Abby and the writers, but this is not how a truly nice girl behaves.

• Love 10
(edited)

How I wish this version of Chad would stay, but it won't happen.

Nicole - Eric, Dan, whoever aren't worth it.  Forget about Serena, and move on.  The show sure as hell needs to.

I'm glad Kate found out who owns Sonix, but Clyde is just as bad as Stefano.  When Sami comes back, can she please help Kate kill both of them.

Victor - Justin and Sonny will figure out their own lives without your interference.  There is no hope for Brady no matter what you do.  That ship sailed years ago, and took all of Brady's functioning brain cells with it.

That's not how a sane girl behaves, and the boring twit has been delusional for quite some time.  Slappy was the one who went chasing after an engaged man, and then acted like Sami took her fiancee away from her.  {face palm}  Please let Sami have that video of Jar Jar begging to be a mistress, and let her obtain another video of Jar Jar cheating on Ben and boinking Chad that she posts all over the internet.  Then Sami can bury the pathetic side piece alive, and leave her that way forever.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5
(edited)

Thanks for the recap ShadowSixx.

Chad wants to know why the hell she's even at his house leaving Abby even more stumped.

Abby says she felt bad about the way they left things and that she cares for Chad as a friend only as they could never be anything more. Chad tells her does she honestly think that everything is about her. Abby stutters and says no but Chad says yes it is because she always think things are about her, like when she came over today and seen him sad and upset, the sushi dinner he was having with Zoe. Abby doesn't think she makes everything about her and just wanted to know if he's alright and Chad says he doesn't have to tell her everything because it's none of her damn business and to leave which she finally does.

Wow! Sounds like the highlight of the episode.  Abby needs to be read like a cheap dime store 2 cent novel, from cover to cover, including footnotes.

Vic also made me laugh calling Brady, Justin, & Sonny messes and it's why he has to control things for his family cause those three aren't in the right mind to do it.

This is funny because wasn't Brady help up as a paragon of what a good man is just recently to Xander? May how the tides have changed. 

Maggie stops him and invites him to have dinner once Brady comes back to town which Xander accepts and Vic dismisses him.

Days stop dangling dinner parties that never frigging happen. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 2

With FS leaving it's safe to assume that Will and Sparkle will eventually get together, which kind of puts a damper on their current story, at least for me.

Nothing like starting a relationship by both being in love with the same person. How romantic. "Grampa how did you two meet?" "Well you see he was my married to my ex fiancé and I wanted to split them up, then we had an affair, and the rest was history."

• Love 2

Y'all, I have been in the unusual position of actually liking Marlena lately. I was thrilled that she had decided to blow off Will and go to Italy to see what Brady was up to, having somehow gotten on the case. But no, they make it the ridamndiculous story that she oops got the wrong address on the hunt for Jawn. How pathetic!

I was highly amused by the Italo-speak though, allora!

• Love 4

I love Chad for turning around and shaking his head and saying so you thought you'd walk in here and it would be all about you?

Problem is I can see Stephono wants to assassinate her but Chad had that precedent with Jordan where he wants to do it but falls in love anyway.  Headsmack.

• Love 2

Abigail wants to keep coming to see Chad to tell him that she doesn't want to be with him.  Suuuuuure. And yeah, Abigail, Chad's phone calls are none of your business. "Did you honestly think when you came walking in here it was all about you?"  Of course, Chad, it's always all about Abigail. Does Chad read this board?  :D

Damn, Victor is really harsh to Xander.

Kate: "I'm not your average reader."  Is that some shade thrown at Will? Wouldn't a story about Clyde being the owner of a club in Branson be story worthy even if he weren't a criminal?

Love Ben snubbing Will.

Why did Nicole just keep saying to Serena, "I know what you're doing?" but wouldn't tell her what she knows?

• Love 6
(edited)

Because the idiot writers don't know what the hell Serena is doing, therefore, how could Nicole possibly answer that question.  The SL might have actually moved an inch if Nicole had responded with, "There were diamonds in the elephant, you and Xander are working together."

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 3

I can't tell you guys how despondent I am that Days has lost its momentum. The babynapping storyline truly ended not with a bang, but a whimper. It's not like the story peaked and died down, it just sort of happened and then got boring. And desperate attempts at zany comedy make me whimper. I hate zany comedy.

And Daniel. I hate Daniel. He's up there with Ryan Lavery as Lord of the Douche People (RM's Ridge Forrestor makes up the rest of the unholy triumverate). Yelling at Nicole for not telling him something she couldn't possibly have known was important which wasn't really his damned business in the first case? No. I am done, and if Nicole continues to take his shit, I'm done with her too. At some point, you've got to say, "I'd rather be alone than be treated like shit".

Victor continues to give me life, but damn, Show, get your shit together! All we want is for you to tell us a good story! Half the people on this board could storyboard 5 years worth of material that would kick ass, why the hell can't you?

But the show did one thing right last week -- they WENT THERE with Jennifer connecting Eve's over-reaction to Paige's losing her virginity to Eve's long-ago life as a teenaged prostitute. Granted, it was weird and creepy, but they went there! And I absolutely felt the truth of the ugly scene where Eve confronts Paige about sleeping with JJ. I've mentioned before that mom epically lost her shit when she found out I wasn't a virgin -- given Eve's baggage, I believed that reaction. Poor Paige, I really felt for her, but I thought she handled herself very well. (And she's dealing with Jennifer's creepiness very well too -- whatever else you have to say about Eve, you've got to admit she raised a polite, dignified daughter. I would have snapped by now and asked JJ exactly what the hell was wrong with his mom by now! Roxanne caught on pretty damn fast!)

• Love 9

Because she's [Abigail] never heard that word before,

Austin and EJ have told her no, not interested, go away, move on a million times - and she refused to take a hint. She also has been pushy like that with Ben, Chad, JJ, Teresa, Sami and Eve about butting in their business or telling them what to do; then been told no thanks, get lost, go to hell all different ways and still haven't accepted that. She would either keep pushing or insult them or slap or wear them down.

• Love 6

Austin and EJ have told her no, not interested, go away, move on a million times - and she refused to take a hint. She also has been pushy like that with Ben, Chad, JJ, Teresa, Sami and Eve about butting in their business or telling them what to do; then been told no thanks, get lost, go to hell all different ways and still haven't accepted that. She would either keep pushing or insult them or slap or wear them down.

I'd add Chloe to that list.

• Love 3

I kinda felt bad for xander today after he talked to Victor :(

And I think anyone saying someone should have their throat slashed is trash. That's pretty fucked up to say about anyone

• Love 5

I know it's probably not going to last for very long, but I stood and applauded Nicole when she told Daniel "Hell no!" today. I hope she gets to expand on that sentiment at great length tomorrow, since it's so rare that she is allowed to have a backbone with a man.

• Love 5
(edited)

: ( I admit I've said I wished characters have been killed off before. They are fictional and I'm not saying to them (for that I'd have to be character on their show instead of typing to you now here) and never said that about the actor. Also this show and tv dramas in general kill people off all the time.

Dan is a douchebag. Nicole is no prize in my book but she should just forget him. I still have the feeling he's going to return to Jenn anyways. FF time! LOL

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 3
(edited)

SC is probably a nice enough person in real life, but I really don't get the way he plays Daniel. I don't know if he's trying to make Daniel seem more complex or if it's because he can see the creepiness in the character that the writers can't or if he's just overcomplicating how he should play the role, but I feel his acting mannerisms don't match the dialogue he and everyone else is given about the character. Everyone is singing Daniel's praises as the greatest man of great integrity to walk into town and he insists on playing Daniel as the Incredible Hulk. Granted, a lot of men  on this show at various times have seemed like the Incredible Hulk when yelling at women, but he also lacks the charm they have when they're not acting like the Incredible Hulk (i.e Brady, Eric, cough cough EJ, etc). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Oh yay, I got to laugh at Abigail today.

Why is Abigail expecting Chad to beg to be with her? It's not like any other man has ever begged to be with her either.  Though she slept with EJ, it took Sami kicking him out of his bed to accomplish this. And I don't recall him doing the begging -- she was the one doing that. And then there's Austin who had to pass out for even the slightest bit of anything (which was, well, nothing) to happen. She doesn't have a track record of getting men to beg, so why is she expecting Chad to do this? There are also other women on this show who are just as pretty as her who can't get men to beg to be with them either, so again, what is her thought process? (I know...I know...she doesn't have one...)

• Love 3

Am I forgetting some scenes where Ben and Will were friends? Clyde kept calling Will Ben's friend to Ben, and Ben cold-shouldered him in the square like there was some betrayal there. (I mean, I realize that Will lied to Ben, so Ben would not be off-base to be offended, but it seemed like it was personal). I thought that when Will asked Ben for Clyde's number that was one of the first times they spoke?

Also, I wanted to say to Clyde: what the ever-living fuck? You're concerned that Will is going to dig up dirt on BEN'S life before Salem???? Like what? The fact that you abused him and his sister so badly she took him on the run when he was a child? Or the fact (which I know the show seems eager to forget but I will *never* forget) that you raped your own stepdaughter, and in addition she was a kid at the time? No, you're warning Ben that Will might dig up some criminal crap on Ben?

It seems like Clyde ought to be more worried about the crap Will can dig up on him, yet the show chooses to focus on this article as a danger to Ben and his relationship with Abigail. Seriously. I just hope that the real endgame is Will somehow finding out that Clyde murdered EJ, or that he stabbed Sonny. Something! About Clyde!

• Love 9

Maybe since she's usually always begging guys to sleep with her she thinks this is normal and expects the same in return. I know I'm giving her more credit than she probably deserves. But the character's nasty pushy ways, disrespect of boundaries, and entitled attitude are a turn off for this viewer. The only female characters I really like are Teresa and she goes from 0- to bitch in 3.5 seconds, Kayla who is woefully underused, and Hope who's a bit blah. Eve is ok but she needs to get out of the kiddie pool like yesterday, her drip daughter Lima Bean has got to go, and the rivalry with Jenn is based in stupid. Put her with Rafe and drop all of that other shit and I'll see.

Will I truly can't stand but I will forgive a lot if he brings down Kiddie Rapist. He will be my hero for like a week Days time. Clyde needs to burn for his pedophile ways, Sonny stabbing, drug pushing, lying to Kate, and killing Victors henchmen.

• Love 8

Is there a point to giving Will all these enemies? Like is there a who killed the wiley coyote will murder mystery coming that i should be getting the popcorn ready for? It's the only explanation I've got for putting him in like 73 storylines and subjecting me to him so frequently. Where the hell is my Sonny, DOOL??

• Love 6

I can't tell you guys how despondent I am that Days has lost its momentum. The babynapping storyline truly ended not with a bang, but a whimper. It's not like the story peaked and died down, it just sort of happened and then got boring. And desperate attempts at zany comedy make me whimper. I hate zany comedy.......

Victor continues to give me life, but damn, Show, get your shit together! 

Oh, me too.  There were some signs of life, here and there, and a real promise of something with the baby story.  Then it became another Elephant in the Sky With Diamonds and we're back to having Maggie's improbably tall hair as something to wonder about.  I did enjoy Victor's pithy deconstruction of what idiots his loved ones are, though.  And then Maggie giggled because she's the biggest idiot of them all.

minirth

And Daniel. I hate Daniel. He's up there with Ryan Lavery as Lord of the Douche People (RM's Ridge Forrestor makes up the rest of the unholy triumverate). Yelling at Nicole for not telling him something she couldn't possibly have known was important which wasn't really his damned business in the first case? No. I am done, and if Nicole continues to take his shit, I'm done with her too. At some point, you've got to say, "I'd rather be alone than be treated like shit".

:Dan is a douchebag. Nicole is no prize in my book but she should just forget him. I still have the feeling he's going to return to Jenn anyways. FF time! LOL

Can I just say I now reverence you, Minirth, for putting Daniel in the same company as that unspeakable Thong Boy Ryass Lamery, the KILLER OF AMC.  Because they are the same ego-driven, brainless, thugs.  And Lavery needed a good wash as much as this over-the-hill surfer dood does.

What bugged me today was him and Eric, discussing Nicole and her failing with such smugness.  They did everything but shake their heads as how silly the wimminfolk can be.  To think that these condescending ASSES are being written as such CATCHES instead of such messes.  It's infuriating, not entertaining, to have to listen to these blockheads discuss Nicole or any woman.  

I wish Lorena Bobbit would do a short story stint in Salem.  She'd have her hands full.

Maybe since she's usually always begging guys to sleep with her she thinks this is normal and expects the same in return. I know I'm giving her more credit than she probably deserves. But the character's nasty pushy ways, disrespect of boundaries, and entitled attitude are a turn off for this viewer. The only female characters I really like are Teresa and she goes from 0- to bitch in 3.5 seconds, Kayla who is woefully underused, and Hope who's a bit blah. Eve is ok but she needs to get out of the kiddie pool like yesterday, her drip daughter Lima Bean has got to go, and the rivalry with Jenn is based in stupid. Put her with Rafe and drop all of that other shit and I'll see.

Abigail......Show continues to amaze with its insistence on portraying her as desirable.  On any other show, a woman showing up at someone's house, pushing their way in, dominating the conversation, attributing everything to an obsession with her combined with a refusal to let anyone else get a word in, would signify that the person WAS NUTS.  But not in Salem.  Here, she's the town Princess, and every man wants her.  And every woman wants to be her.

And every viewer wants to BURY HER ALIVE.  

With her MOUTH OPEN.  

How much you want to bet we see her sliming her way back to Ben tomorrow, because Abigail can't go an hour without some guy completely debasing himself to praise her.

So we've got Abigail the delusional, slappy Stalker who wants any man who doesn't want her.  And we've got JJ, who sees every AARP cardholder as an easy lay and every Mother/Daughter duo as a possible double date........Jenn has done SUCH a great job raising her kids, hasn't she?

I agree, that was cold.  Especially when he told Xander what a lost child he had been.  This is out of character for Victor.  Misogyny, cruelty, bad taste snark, all of those are in character for Victor, but this  isn't.  Xander as family should mean more.  And Daniel should mean less, much, much less.

Nothing will stop me from loving Victor, but this just doesn't make sense for the guy we know.

• Love 12

Hi. I joined this forum just to let you guys know how much I enjoy your posts. They give me such a laugh. I think it is the only reason I keep watching this silly show after all these years. If I didn't watch I wouldn't be able to understad and enjoy you guys.

• Love 13

I am so damned tired of Nicole and Serena having the same damn conversation - I know you are up to something; you are just jealous and want Eric back. Ugh! This elephant dung has hung around so long that it is now petrified and white and not even flies are interested in it anymore.  Can Days just expose Serena already and end this mess? Oh, and in the process, give Eric a clue and not make a Jonas the savior. Pretty please? It is so ridiculous how stupid Eric continues to look. 

It seems like Clyde ought to be more worried about the crap Will can dig up on him, yet the show chooses to focus on this article as a danger to Ben and his relationship with Abigail. Seriously. I just hope that the real endgame is Will somehow finding out that Clyde murdered EJ, or that he stabbed Sonny. Something! About Clyde!

Excellent points Micat. It kinda makes me livid that his sexual molestation of Jordan will most likely never come to light. I don't know why Days even went there. It turned me off the character completely. Kate looks ever the fool with this hick. 

Why is it so hard for Abigail to accept no for an answer?

Oh, she definitely could as long as you phrase it right to pander to her black hole ego:

No Abigail, no one is more beautiful than you.

No Abigail, no one is more sexy or desirable than you.

No Abigail, I wasn't thinking of anything else but you. My days and nights thoughts are consumed by you and only you.

No Abigail, no one is smarter than you.

No Abigail, you were right. You are always, always right.

It just amazes me that she and this pairing, or really any pairing she is a part of, could have fans. She once again waltzes into the Dimera home to talk about what exactly? Just to re-iterate crap she said yesterday and say she cared about Chad. No. She loves knowing someone is thirsty for her little gnome-like behind. First comes the I care for you Chad but I have a boyfriend and then when Chad tries to distance himself and move on, it is why are you pushing me away. Girl, bye! She is just setting up another Hymen Off. I think she had hers refurbished to factory new settings or something. It is almost like new. She will pit Chad against Ben in the battle for her glorious (NOT!) Horton hoo-haa.  

Who the hell asks someone who they were talking to on their cellphone, if they aren't your husband or super close family member? That just seems the height of rudeness. 

It was nice to hear Chad tell her off, but it kinda makes it all the worse because in telling her off it shows that he does have an inkling of a clue that it is always all about Abigail yet he still wants her. So, no sympathies and good luck with that gnome pal. 

Victor speaks far too ugly to Xander for my taste. Given that he wants all kinds of favors and is using Xander's underworld connections it is super hypocritical for Victor to be so dismissive and just outright cruel to him for no other reason than that he was a screw up who he had to bail out in the past, much like the rest of the knuckleheads in his family, which Victor pretty much admitted this episode. 

• Love 7
(edited)

I think it is out of character for Victor to treat Xander that way..Family is everything to Victor. This is just another  way for the writers to tell us that Xander is evil and Dr. Tan is perfect...I hate it when the show does that..Let us decide who is worthy of our love...This is what  they have been doing with Sparkle to the detriment of Will...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

I wish Lorena Bobbit would do a short story stint in Salem.  She'd have her hands full.

I'm starting to suspect she wouldn't, if you catch my drift. 

• Love 5

And I think anyone saying someone should have their throat slashed is trash. That's pretty fucked up to say about anyone

To clarify, I was talking about Abifail the fictional character on a poorly written soap opera, not KM the person.

• Love 7
(edited)

It was pretty obvious Chad was crying over someone's death. Nobody cries like that simply because someone told you there could be nothing between the two of you. Even Ross Gellar at his whiniest didn't cry like that each time Rachel told him things couldn't proceed a certain way between them.  Way to read a room, Abigail.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 8

To clarify, I was talking about Abifail the fictional character on a poorly written soap opera, not KM the person.

I think it's the viewers right to think any damn way they want to about a fictional character and they shouldn't have to apologize for it.  I know I'd laugh out loud if something horrible happened to Abs--if someone cursed her out or threw blood on her, I'd cheer them on :):)

Now onto today's dramafest, the Sonny and Justin convo was fabulously played by both actors and I really think that Justin just wants Sonny to be happy--he doesn't care if it's Paul or Will, he just wants Sonny to not have any regrets.

And did you all catch what Daniel said  today to his enabler, I mean mom?  "This time" it's his fault that things went wrong with Nicole because all of the other times they've fallen out have been completely Nicole's fault. And then Maggie has to pipe in with "If Nicole can't accept how upset you were..."  In other words, for Maggie, a woman needs to take all kinds of shit off of men because the man can do no wrong.

And does Clyde truly think he put Victor in his place?  Or Clyde, I look forward to your destruction--it will be sweet :)

• Love 9
(edited)

I hope Clyde does not go after Arianna...The show was sending some weird vibes today about her....I hope that they don't go there...I find Justin to be so out of line in meddling in Sonny's life..That is so unlike him....The show is once again telling me who to root for and I resent it...Paul is good and Will is the scum of the earth..I get it Ken Corday.....Sonny should decide about his life and everybody should stay out of it....Dan is so hateful and I cannot stand Maggie. She used to be so cool back in the day especially when she was such a great support system for Lucas...Of course she abandoned Lucas, once she found out that she had Dan the perverted doctor as a son...Yuck..I cannot wait for the Jonas family to disappear..One down, one to go...Parker is Philip's and Chloe lied to keep him away from Kate....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1