Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Couldn't we have an episode of Sonny taking care of Ari G. for the day? Some Daddy-daughter bonding time would do them both good, and the actors have a genuine connection. These two characters are the only ones left that I care about, really.

• Love 3

Daniel being annoying is just a given, so that's nothing new.  But WTF crap is this douchenozzle pulling with Nicole anyway?  Has he borrowed Abigail's Purity Ring or something?  Honestly, this guy has had sex with virtually everyone he even brushed up against in an elevator, made moves on his patients, on other mens wives and girlfriends, total strangers, trees, planter boxes, the salt and pepper shakers at the Pub, the plaque at Horton Square, random statuary, whatever - and NOW he's feeling his love is too pure to be given away lightly???!?!?!?!???  I wish she's jabbed that razor in his hypocritical lying mouth.  What a piece of work he really is.

He's laying the guilt on Nicole about possible lingering feelings for Eric, and then rushing over to Jenn's to get a glimpse of her embalmed glory and he DARES to give Nicole crap?  It's so obvious that Show is moving Jenn and Dan back together, and when that happens, I hope Nicole blasts them both to hell.  Not than anything could penetrate those hides of smug self-regard, but still.....

I guess I can see the appeal of SC on paper but I don't see it myself on screen.  And Jenn at this stage also projects this anti-sex vibe.  So I hope they're both very happy together playing morgue and just STAY OFF THE SCREEN.  Not that there's a chance in hell we could be that lucky.  

"Pure" looks as ridiculous on Daniel as "compassionate" looks on Jenn, or "smart" looks on Abigail.  Or "human" on Ben.  You all get my point.  And yes, I'm shouting.  And I'll stop now.  

And then there's dear old mom.  She breezes in to Dan's place, gives Nicole, her son's guest the brush off, and then wonders why Nicole left the way she did?  Supercilious hag.  Then she stops back because she left her container of bat wings and eye of newt in Parker's bag, and actually thinks that Mel and Serena WANT to spend the night exchanging stories with her?  No.  Just....NO.  She should go home and cover herself in lemon bars and hope like hell Victor has a hankering for citrus.

Finally, we know what the elephant holds.  And yet, we don't care.  I give Melissa Archer major props for being able to still pretend she does, though.  I'm hoping she can pass those off to Natasha and Natasha can give them to Boris and then Moose and Squirrel can take them back to Frostbite Falls or Moosylvania, whichever one is farthest and set Serena free from this nonsense.  

Oh, and somebody buy Parker an actual toy and report Daniel and Maggie to Child Protective Services for feeding him nothing but lemon bars and bullshit.  Kid deserves better - like Chloe.

Eve - Paige will NEVER take Daniel back!

Jenn - Bu..bu...bu...bu... You better watch out!!

Eve - She's with COLE!  He's TWICE the man JJ is!

Jenn - No he's not.  I slept with Cole and he's HALF the man JJ is.

Eve - JJ's GOOD, isn't he?

Jenn - MYSON isn't GOOD he's GREAT!

Eve - Threeway?

Jenn - Let me check with Abigail.

This is the conversation those two trainwrecks should really be having.

Oops!  Paige, JJ, Look UP!  See that swiftly descending object in the sky?  That's the anvil headed directly for both of you.  Enjoy your five minutes of happiness because that's all Show is going to let you have.

I hate that everyone here drops their favoring for pairings over the tiniest things.  I'm not gonna blame J.J. or Paige for what the writers have done to them.  That's on them.  And yes, for Paige to act the way she did when she first came on was very welcome to me.

Donny, please don't take this as me snarking at you because I'm not.  But what is Paige except the writing?  She's not a legacy character, been on long enough to have history, as Jenn and Maggie do, that contradict their current insufferable behavior.  We did see - at least I did - an unconventionally "good" character with Paige at the beginning. someone with smarts and humor.  But IMO that didn't last very long and then we were plunged into the strum und drang that completely consumed both her and JJ.  And all I started to see with Paige was a sullen, judgemental, unpleasant and condescending woman - in other words, a Deveraux.  My liking for her wasn't wiped out by a tiny thing, or anything inconsequential, at least not in my opinion.  Show made her into another person to do little other than scold JJ and make him feel bad.  And as I said, there's no long history of her at all, much less any to look back and say "this isn't in character".  

I hope we're okay with not seeing the same thing.

Oh, almost forgot Sonny!  He was great with Ari, wasn't he?  And Lucas is my hero of the show today.  He told Sneasel what was what, called him on his crap and didn't let up on what he was doing.  Lucas was a great dad today, not that Sneasel appreciated it, considering he gave him this look...

angry%20elf.jpg

It seemed obvious to me that Sneasel is in full panic mode, but with a HUGE heaping helping of selfishness on the side.  He's desperate to keep Sonny, sure, but he seems to be just as desperate to see his name in print.  If he keeps it up I'm sure his name will be up in print very soon - on the bathroom wall at the Club.

Edited by boes
  • Love 11

Okay after the look Will gave Sonny at the end of the episode today- am I the only one who thinks Will has gone a tad past the paranoid line to manic? Like heading to bonkersville?

I have a feeling that they are going to do Will, what they did to Nick....They are going to trash Will to make Paulson happen and they will get together and raise Ari as their daughter..The scene between Sonny and Ari was to show that she is his daughter.  Last Year they got rid of Gabi, so that Wilson could have her all to themselves...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I have a feeling that they are going to do Will, what they did to Nick....They are going to trash Will to make Paulson happen and they will get together and raise Ari as their daughter..The scene between Sonny and Ari was to show that she is his daughter.  Last Year they got rid of Gabi, so that Wilson could have her all to themselves...

I guess its a possibility, though I dunno if they'll take him straight to Nick crazy. He seems to be fast heading to a nervous breakdown though, which I feel like would make more sense if Sonny cheated (though, to be fair to DOOL, Will has been on his way to a nervous breakdown for years- Massey always played him like he was perpetually on the verge). I seriously think Will is about 4 paul/sonny sightings away from stalking and 9 away from just shooting Paul and being done with it- i'm really going to need him to dial back.

Also, their reunion was really awkward, not because of the "you cheated" cloud hanging over them- but because the cloud wasn't even there! Sonny comes home so relaxed and, instead of them having a serious talk, Will starts talking about how he gave Sonny all the time he wanted to "think" (I really hate how he said thinking, like it was silly) and then proceeded to complain about how he was so upset and going crazy and how he needed reassurance of where he stood in the relationship- which would make sense again if Sonny cheated! It was a reunion in bizarro land, I swear.

Also, I know a lot of people read that Ari scene as a sign that Wilson is endgame but it seemed like foreshadowing to me- especially when Sonny insisted he would never be gone so long again. I see something separating Ari and Sonny down the line and him having to fight like crazy to see her, which i really hope DOOL won't do- though it would be great acting fodder for Freddie.

• Love 3

Also, I know a lot of people read that Ari scene as a sign that Wilson is endgame but it seemed like foreshadowing to me- especially when Sonny insisted he would never be gone so long again. I see something separating Ari and Sonny down the line and him having to fight like crazy to see her, which i really hope DOOL won't do- though it would be great acting fodder for Freddie.

I read the scene with Ari the same way, that it reconfirmed that Sonny is her father just as much as Will and that Ari loves him and that won't change even if Will and Sonny aren't together, like every other set of parents on this show.

• Love 3

Will acting all tough guy with Paul's mother cracked me up. His tough face just makes look uglier than he already is. I thought it was funny when baby Ari was having a real (non scripted) crying moment with Sonny. So cute.

• Love 4

The shaving scene between Nicole and Daniel repulsed me so I couldn't sit through all of it to figure out what happened, but why did Nicole and Daniel get into a fight? And why is Daniel acting weird with Jennifer?

I don't get what's going on with Will. I sat through his scenes, but his characterization is erratic. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I love seeing Lucas in dad mode with Will.  I hope at some point Lucas gets to reference his own past.  Lucas used to scheme and plot, but in the end, it didn't get him what he really wanted.  Lucas was cheated on by Carrie, Chloe, and Nicole.  Sami didn't cheat on Lucas with Brandon, but Kate made him think she did, and Lucas left Sami.  Lucas should ask Will if he really wants to go down the path Sami/Lucas did, and have Ari's childhood be like Will's.

• Love 6

I guess its a possibility, though I dunno if they'll take him straight to Nick crazy. He seems to be fast heading to a nervous breakdown though, which I feel like would make more sense if Sonny cheated (though, to be fair to DOOL, Will has been on his way to a nervous breakdown for years- Massey always played him like he was perpetually on the verge). I seriously think Will is about 4 paul/sonny sightings away from stalking and 9 away from just shooting Paul and being done with it- i'm really going to need him to dial back.

Also, their reunion was really awkward, not because of the "you cheated" cloud hanging over them- but because the cloud wasn't even there! Sonny comes home so relaxed and, instead of them having a serious talk, Will starts talking about how he gave Sonny all the time he wanted to "think" (I really hate how he said thinking, like it was silly) and then proceeded to complain about how he was so upset and going crazy and how he needed reassurance of where he stood in the relationship- which would make sense again if Sonny cheated! It was a reunion in bizarro land, I swear.

Will has always been on the verge of a meltdown even when he was a kid....I think he feels that Sonny will eventually choose Paul over him, because he knows that he messed up and that Paul is a much better partner for Sonny. However, the heart wants what it wants..If he was not so insecure, he would believe in himself and in Sonny's love. He does not.  He views Sparkle as a threat to his family that has to be eliminated at all cost, Just like EJ was to his parents years ago. We all know what happened with that..I wish the show would reference all of that and bring it full circle for Lumi and Will...Sami needs to come back and help Lucas deal with their troubled son..It would be a good way to help Will heal from the past and move on for his daughter's sake...I think it is fascinating that all of this turmoil stems from Stefano's machinations with Roman, Marlena and John..He threw the Brady family in turmoil and the effects are still being played out with Will...I wish the show had better writers to connect all of the dots from the show's history....Will is just doing what he saw his parents do growing up..Scheme,lie and cheat to get what you want, no matter the cost...I am not excusing Will, but, I understand his erratic behavior.. 

I have always fanwanked that Sami hated John because she felt that he had abandoned her and her siblings and moved on so easily with Isabella and had Brady. The affair with Marlena was just the reason that she gave, to voice her suppressed resentment of him.  For many years, John believed to be Roman raised Sami, Eric and Carrie on his own. He was the consistent parental figure in her life for many years when Roman and Marlena were missing because of Stefano..When Roman and Marlena came back that  threw Sami into confusion once again and had to adjust with them being in her life while losing John as a father.  Then a few years later, she witnesses her mom having a affair with John that produced Belle and that pushed her to the dark side.   Sami has always wanted a perfect family because she was denied that to no fault of her own..She has tried it with Will and Austin, then Lucas, Brandon, Rafe and EJ. I think Will wants that with Sonny and Arianna. Just like his mother, he is going about it the wrong way to get what his heart desires...If Will does get close to going over the edge, only Sonny can get him off of  it...He is truly the stabilizing force in Will's life...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Jason Brooks can't come back as long as Melissa Reeves is on the show.

This prompted me to do some Google research, and every story talks about Melissa Reeves screwing around on her husband with Jason Brooks, but not one story says JB screwed around on his wife with Melissa Reeves!  He got married in 94 or 95 I think so either way, he was married at the time.  Yikes.  And a side note, he and his wife wore pajamas (fancy ones) as their wedding attire.

• Love 3

I have always fanwanked that Sami hated John because she felt that he had abandoned her and her siblings and moved on so easily with Isabella and had Brady. The affair with Marlena was just the reason that she gave, to voice her suppressed resentment of him.  For many years, John believed to be Roman raised Sami, Eric and Carrie on his own. He was the consistent parental figure in her life for many years when Roman and Marlena were missing because of Stefano..When Roman and Marlena came back that  threw Sami into confusion once again and had to adjust with them being in her life while losing John as a father. 

Sami and Eric were very young when Roman came back. SORASing served to screw up the timeline, of course, but if we go based by age, Roman raised the twins far longer than John did. And likewise, John did the majority of the raising of Carrie, and as such, in interviews Christie Clark was always very clear that to Carrie, John was her father.

Obviously all that mess had a deep effect on Sami, but I never got the impression with AS's Sami that she was inwardly resenting John for giving way to Roman. I did feel like it was like she always said it was - the affair with Marlena that led to her and Roman getting divorced. But yeah, Sami's whole home life was fucked up. I know it was done for purposes of SORASing, but really, sending the twins to boarding school after all the confusion of the early years with various parental figures rotating in and out? Marlena and Roman were terrible parents for that choice.

After the MR/JB affair was revealed, I thought back to this time that they were on a talk show together, talking about Jen and Peter's relationship and story. I think a clip was played of one of their hot-tub love scenes. And then Scott Reeves and JB's wife surprised them by coming out - SR was carrying JB's wife and one of them had like a rose between their teeth or some such. They were laughing their asses off, and MR laughed her ass off when she saw them too, but JB looked taken aback and most certainly did not laugh. I thought it was an interesting reaction at the time; I found it an even more interesting reaction after the affair was exposed.

Edited by Black Knight
  • Love 1

Will has always been on the verge of a meltdown even when he was a kid....I think he feels that Sonny will eventually choose Paul over him, because he knows that he messed up and that Paul is a much better partner for Sonny. However, the heart wants what it wants..If he was not so insecure, he would believe in himself and in Sonny's love. He does not.  He views Sparkle as a threat to his family that has to be eliminated at all cost, Just like EJ was to his parents years ago. We all know what happened with that..I wish the show would reference all of that and bring it full circle for Lumi and Will...Sami needs to come back and help Lucas deal with their troubled son..It would be a good way to help Will heal from the past and move on for his daughter's sake...I think it is fascinating that all of this turmoil stems from Stefano's machinations with Roman, Marlena and John..He threw the Brady family in turmoil and the effects are still being played out with Will...I wish the show had better writers to connect all of the dots from the show's history....Will is just doing what he saw his parents do growing up..Scheme,lie and cheat to get what you want, no matter the cost...I am not excusing Will, but, I understand his erratic behavior.. 

I have always fanwanked that Sami hated John because she felt that he had abandoned her and her siblings and moved on so easily with Isabella and had Brady.The affair with Marlena was just the reason that she gave to voice her suppressed resentment of him.  For many years, John believed to be Roman raised Sami, Eric and Carrie on his own. He was the consistent parental figure in her life for many years when Roman and Marlena were missing because of Stefano..When Roman and Marlena came back that  threw Sami into confusion once again and had to adjust with them being in her life while losing John as a father.  Then a few years later, she witnesses her mom having a affair with John that produced Belle and that pushed her to the dark side.   Sami has always wanted a perfect family because she was denied that to no fault of her own..She has tried it with Will and Austin, then Lucas, Brandon, Rafe and EJ. I think Will wants that with Sonny and Arianna. Just like his mother, he is going about it the wrong way to get what his heart desires...If Will does get close to going over the edge, only Sonny can get him off of  it...He is truly the stabilizing force in Will's life...

Very very good points. I think Will has always needed serious, non-Marlena help. I felt the same way about Sami post Alan rape (why did that never happen, Roman and Marlena!) and I currently feel that way about JJ (though the cousins rarely interact these days, they both have some seriously deep esteem issues that are compelling them to try to maintain these relationship ideals that, in the end, seem like they will crumble). There are a lot of manifestations of Massey's Will in Guy's will to me: wayyy back when, before Will came out, he was always telling Marlena how he had to have this perfect family, when he was suspected of killing Stefano, Will was seriously having a meltdown holding that gun on him, Will's insecurity showed with Brian and Brent, etc. The issue is: until Will feels secure in himself, everything will continue to fall apart. He can't rely on Sonny to be his self esteem booster because, as we see, the threat to Sonny's constant presence in his life will make his world topple. Sonny can only reassure Will so much- it's on Will now to actively work at getting himself in a mentally healthy and secure place with who he is. I know they are talking about couples counseling but Will should probably also do some personal counseling because he seems to hate himself so much while simultaneously having so much smugness- it's actually pretty tragic.

• Love 5

Very very good points. I think Will has always needed serious, non-Marlena help. I felt the same way about Sami post Alan rape (why did that never happen, Roman and Marlena!) and I currently feel that way about JJ (though the cousins rarely interact these days, they both have some seriously deep esteem issues that are compelling them to try to maintain these relationship ideals that, in the end, seem like they will crumble). There are a lot of manifestations of Massey's Will in Guy's will to me: wayyy back when, before Will came out, he was always telling Marlena how he had to have this perfect family, when he was suspected of killing Stefano, Will was seriously having a meltdown holding that gun on him, Will's insecurity showed with Brian and Brent, etc. The issue is: until Will feels secure in himself, everything will continue to fall apart. He can't rely on Sonny to be his self esteem booster because, as we see, the threat to Sonny's constant presence in his life will make his world topple. Sonny can only reassure Will so much- it's on Will now to actively work at getting himself in a mentally healthy and secure place with who he is. I know they are talking about couples counseling but Will should probably also do some personal counseling because he seems to hate himself so much while simultaneously having so much smugness- it's actually pretty tragic.

I have always noticed how Sonny is very much aware of this issue with Will and he is always very gentle with him. Even when Sonny has gone off on Will in the past, I always sense that he holds back from going all Kiriakis on him...Freddie imbues that subtext in his performances.  Sonny was very tame with Will about the cheating. I was expecting Sonny to be harsher with Will...He was nastier with Victor and Sparkle than Will....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I have always noticed how Sonny is very much aware of this issue with Will and he is always very gentle with him. Even when Sonny has gone off on Will in the past, I always sense that he holds back from going all Kiriakis on him...Freddie imbues that subtext in his performances.  Sonny was very tame with Will about the cheating. I was expecting Sonny to be harsher with Will...He was nastier with Victor and Sparkle than Will....

He really does handle Will with kid gloves but poor Sonny, like everyone, has a breaking point and I think, by the end of May Sweeps, he'll have reached it

• Love 2

He really does handle Will with kid gloves but poor Sonny, like everyone, has a breaking point and I think, by the end of May Sweeps, he'll have reached it

I think so as well. He will try to work things out with Will to keep his family together...Once he realizes the depth of Will's hatred for Sparkle, he will leave him. He will get together with Paul. I hope Will gets together with somebody. I don't want him moping around and crying over Sonny.I want him to get stronger for himself and his daughter. It will be interesting to see Will and Sonny try to be co-parents to Ari, while dating other people..I just hope that they don't have Will use Arianna against Sonny....They probably will, since this show is determined to trash Will...

Days of our lives won an award at the GLAAD  media awards last night and Ron Carlivati the odious headwriter of General Hospital threw shade at Days winning their award..He is so childish...He needs to go sit down somewhere,,,Don't be mad that Days treat their gay characters like their straight counterparts...No matter how much we may complain about the Paul/Sonny/Will triangle, at least they are front and center..People are talking about this storyline and it gets Days lots of publicity and press....They are the only reason that I watch the show now...Unless, Lucas gets a good storyline, Higley likes Bryan alot; but I digress..Ron Carlivati is so horrible, he made it very easy for me to quit General Hospital...

The tide has change when it comes to LGBT characters, they are everywhere on television...They are presented as multi faceted sexual human beings.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

He may not like it if/when B&B when with what's going on over there right now with that shocking reveal. I don't watch B&B but I did see the clip on YT on what people was talking about. I admit that Sonny is one of the few reasons I watch DOOL along with Theresa, Kate, Victor, Anne, Rory, T, & Lucas. Sonny being in a front burner storyline that people are talking about is icing on the cake, even if written stupidly. See how I mostly like part time players more than those that are on contract lol.

On top of their horribly written cheating stories, they also don't know how to write good characters. Every single last one of their alleged good characters are smug, self-righteous bitches, except Sonny; Dark Roast, Jar Jar, Jacosta, Naggie, Toothy, Eeyore. Writers try way too hard in trying to make them perfect and holier than thou when it just comes off annoying and horrible. Some of them need to be heavily flawed, make mistakes and own up to it but not in a smug way like Jar Jar did with her affair with EJ and being a damn hypocrite and physically assaulting people to justify her nasty behavior. I mean with those characters being all the same they can really fire most of them and just keep one because they're mostly all the same. There's barely a difference between them.

• Love 2

I'm not into the Will/Sonny/Paul triangle but I am delighted that a gay storyline can be as boring as any other infidelity storyline. Finally, a gay storyline that isn't preaching to me about 'gays are people too! Until we might actually have to write for them like everyone else... then it's backburner time!' Ron Carlivati did write Kyle/Oliver on OLTL and it was wonderful for the brief period it lasted... the 'Ho's vs 'Mo's showdown between them and Stacy and Kim were great fun. Unfortunately, ABC did a huge purge of an entire generation on that show, generally blaming the gay storyline but cutting out far more than that and it sucked.

That being said, Ron has bought into this role of 'Soap Savior' and seems to refuse to acknowledge anyone else. Ever. And he's got a particular grudge against Tomlin and Co for crossing the picket lines during the writers' strike. Still, at least Days actually DOES have their gay characters in a front burner storyline. I don't watch GH (haven't for years now) but I don't recall the last time Lucas and Brad were on. And when they ARE on, it's certainly not a major storyline about them.

Ron can suck it.

• Love 6

OLTL and GH did the same thing to their gay characters that AMC did.  Bianca's coming out SL was wonderful, but for years she wasn't allowed to have an actual relationship on screen like the straight characters.

The writing for the cheating SLs has been horrible, but they are equal opportunity when it comes to having the characters cheat, and leaving the audience going, "Huh, why did they do that?"  And the actors scrambling trying to salvage the SL because the writers can't be bothered to do their job.

• Love 2

Bianca was not allowed to have sex and relationships..She was asexual..I liked her with Lena...What I liked about Lena was that she was a bisexual character....The guys on ATWT were marginalized as well, they were not allowed to be sexual and affectionate with each other..I will never forget the time that Noah and Luke had the house to themselves, instead of hitting the sheets, they decided to jump on the bed like a couple of kids...It was really a WTF moment...In happier times, Will and Sonny are always kissing and touching each other. Sonny is always touching Will....

Kish was beautiful, but they were blamed for the show's ratings and were written out; with a bunch of other good characters that hurt the show in the long run....I know alot of people hated the storyline with Dorian pretending to be gay  to get the gay vote, but I loved it...I love the campy gay wedding and the diversity of the gay community in that gay storyline. For example, there was a butch lesbian, a black lesbian, e.t.c..Ron did that story right...

The problem with Ron is that he has good ideas, but at times he fails in the execution. He relies too much on campiness than character development...The mayoral race should have been about Dorian/Viki's longtime feud, but he diverted from that and did something else entirely and the audience hated that...It was bad because it was juxtaposed with his gay storyline and the gays were the scapegoats for the abysmal ratings at the time...

Ron also likes to shove his favorites who are usually newbies down our throats at the expense of beloved vets...Plus, he never takes advantage of couples that have chemistry and will trash them to justify his vision..One life to live had potential couplings that had fantastic chemistry...I still weep for Rachel and Schuyler...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I do give Days a lot of credit for writing, for better or worse, the Will/Sonny/Paul story like they would any of the straight couples, having them be frontburner, including the story (including kisses, etc.) in promos. 

But to play devil's advocate, they're able to do that because AMC and ATWT and OLTL pushed to include gay characters in their storytelling, when it was much harder to even show a kiss between same-sex couples on television.  Days benefited greatly from that, and from the changes in the television landscape as a whole the last few years, which is why I've always thought they pat themselves on the back a liiitle too hard. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 3

The guys on ATWT were marginalized as well, they were not allowed to be sexual and affectionate with each other..I will never forget the time that Noah and Luke had the house to themselves, instead of hitting the sheets, they decided to jump on the bed like a couple of kids...It was really a WTF moment.

What was also absolutely ridiculous: Luke and Reid, two adults in an adult relationship and they did not have sex for no good reason at all?? It's not that I really wanted them to have sex but gosh, how unrealistic was it every time Luke was hesitant about doing it with Reid for no reason. What was stopping TPTB, the soap was cancelled anyway?

I'd say DOOL has done better with showing affection between two men than say, ATWT.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 1

I hate to defend Ron, and I'm not privy to whatever he said about Days winning that award, but he has actually done a great job with writing Lucas & Brad. They are very sexual with each other and Lucas is written no different from any straight guy on the show. The main criticism is their lack of screen time, but Lucas has been on a lot lately since the actor finished another project, and really they get no less attention that everyone else not named Sonny or Carly.

I am pretending that Felix doesn't exist. And for the record, my problem with that character had nothing to do with him being a flaming stereotype and everything to do with him being hypocritical, judgmental and rude. He's basically GH's version of Abigail.

Anyway, to bring this back on-topic, I think Days has done a great job with its portrayal of gay men, particularly with Jackson being a business owner and being treated as Ari's father.

• Love 1

What did Carlivati say?  I'm blocked from his twitter, because he can't bear cricitism.

Are you serious? Wow..He gave Days a backhanded compliment for the award that they won last night....Since we know he is vile, there was no sincerity in his tweet congratulating them....

I hate to defend Ron, and I'm not privy to whatever he said about Days winning that award, but he has actually done a great job with writing Lucas & Brad. They are very sexual with each other and Lucas is written no different from any straight guy on the show. The main criticism is their lack of screen time, but Lucas has been on a lot lately since the actor finished another project, and really they get no less attention that everyone else not named Sonny or Carly.

I am pretending that Felix doesn't exist. And for the record, my problem with that character had nothing to do with him being a flaming stereotype and everything to do with him being hypocritical, judgmental and rude. He's basically GH's version of Abigail.

Anyway, to bring this back on-topic, I think Days has done a great job with its portrayal of gay men, particularly with Jackson being a business owner and being treated as Ari's father.

I also loved the fact that Sonny came into salem secure in his sexuality and manhood. He was not conflicted or ashamed..He has been out since he was 15 years old..Most shows have the gay person closeted and afraid to come out. It was refreshing to see a young man secure in himself and not define by his sexuality..It is just one facet of his personality..I also loved the fact that Kate always knew that Will was gay and did not care..She did not blow a gasket like Lumi..I have always fanwanked that Sami was always involved in some scheme or another that she missed some important cues when it came to Will's sexuality..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

On AMC, Bianca and Lena weren't even allowed to touch each other 99.9% of the time.

I'm glad Sonny/Will get to have a real relationship, but the writing for this cheating SL has been just as bad as several other SLs on Days.  The writers have also been consistent in this SL when it comes to having characters act OOC for the plot, and when it comes to trashing characters in an effort to prop other characters.

I guess the actors/actresses have an option between being stuck in repetitive SLs that go nowhere like Jordan, Serena, and the damn elephant, or having their characters ruined.

• Love 2

I'd say DOOL has done better with showing affection between two men than say, ATWT.

Yeah, but it's not really a fair comparison.  The television landscape is so different now in 2015 than it was in 2007.  There'd be no Will and Sonny without Bianca, or Luke and Noah, or Kyle and Fish.  It's progress being paid forward.

I also loved the fact that Sonny came into salem secure in his sexuality and manhood. He was not conflicted or ashamed..He has been out since he was 15 years old..Most shows have the gay person closeted and afraid to come out.

Well, it was a little different because the character had been hanging around the canvas for a little bit before the Kish story started, but there was no big coming out for Kyle Lewis on OLTL.  His best friend/woman he had formerly been blackmailing (oh soaps!) saw a picture of him and Fish together and that was that.  The only time he really announced his sexuality was when he informed Stacy and Kim he wouldn't be sleeping with them, heh.

One thing I did like about Will's coming out is that his first kiss with a guy was just with some random dude he was attracted to, it wasn't TRUEST FOREVA LUV that first time, you know?

Edited by TeeVee329

If Ron C doesn't like criticism, he should stay off of twitter.  I don't understand why the producers and writers go on social media, and then get all defensive when people don't agree with them.

I actually liked Kate already knowing and both Lucas and Sami having a moment.  It is realistic for people to have different reactions.  It's also nice when the writers remember that Kate is supposed to be smart and observant, and Sami is smart, observant, and self-involved.  Kate's also self-involved, but in a different way.

Kate and Sami putting Adrienne in her place when she bad mouthed Will and didn't want Sonny to date him, and then reaffirming that they don't like each other was hilarious.  Kate, Sami, and Lucas did a lot of things wrong when Will was a child, but they would all do anything to protect Will.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2

I don't even remember what I said that pissed Carlivati off, but it doesn't take much, he blocks people for any and every criticism.

I'm honored to be in your company, since Ron C. blocked me too.  I DO remember what I said, and all I said was that I hoped  AJ's death was a fake out.  That was it - and I was blocked.  

Edited by boes
  • Love 1

I'm honored to be in your company, since Ron C. blocked me too.  I DO remember what I said, and all I said was that I AJ's death was a fake out.  That was it - and I was blocked.  

I think he blocked me because I was tagged in a tweet of somebody else to him. Very random, but very Ron.

The scenes between Sonny and Will and then Will and Paul were fabulous today--I think GW actually gave a fairly decent portrayal of paranoid man rapidly cycling out of control.  I liked his "Why would Sonny marry me if he could have you?" to Paul.  Damn but that is some insecurity and low self-esteem--makes me almost feel sorry for him.  Almost.

Abby and Ben continue to annoy with their dull and insipid romance and meaningless existence and I love how Abby is slowly becoming uninterested in Ben now that Chad's looking her way.  My, what a stellar human being she is.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5

I dunno how this turned into a story about Sonny and Paul propping poor insecure Will when Will's the one who CHEATED, C-H-E-A-T-E-D!!!!

What would his excuse be if Paul hadn't turned out to be a guy from Sonny's past?

• Love 10

The scenes between Sonny and Will and then Will and Paul were fabulous today--I think GW actually gave a fairly decent portrayal of paranoid man rapidly cycling out of control.  I liked his "Why would Sonny marry me if he could have you?" to Paul.  Damn but that is some insecurity and low self-esteem--makes me almost feel sorry for him.  Almost.

Abby and Ben continue to annoy with their dull and insipid romance and meaningless existence and I love how Abby is slowly becoming uninterested in Ben now that Chad's looking her way.  My, what a stellar human being she is.

Since this show only do cheating storylines, she will start sleeping with Chad on the sly....

I dunno how this turned into a story about Sonny and Paul propping poor insecure Will when Will's the one who CHEATED, C-H-E-A-T-E-D!!!!

What would his excuse be if Paul hadn't turned out to be a guy from Sonny's past?

I'm not excusing Will's cheating but I can look at a person who is in obvious pain--even if  they brought the pain onto themselves with their own actions--and I can still feel compassion for them.  Sort of like how I'd feel badly for Sami when things would go wrong for her because she usually acted out of a sense of insecurity as well.

Will was completely wrong for what he did but I have to admit that the look of anguish on his face at questioning why would Sonny want to be with him when he could have Paul got to me.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

I'm not excusing Will's cheating

My point was that the show seems to be trying to excuse it.  It's not his fault, he' s just insecure, Sonny never told him about Paul, Paul is just too sexy for his shirt, etc.

I mean, Will is lucky Sonny is even talking to him, but then he throws a huge hissy fit and storms out?  Ugh.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 6

Is there cocaine in the elephant?

Kmart diamonds.

They need to be exterminated. 

• Love 1

Sami and the children aren't important.  If they were hurt, it didn't matter because - reasons?  If Slappy moved in with Mannequin, she might not be able to stalk Chad, and that is way more horrible than Sami and her children being hurt.  {Rolls Eyes}

• Love 3

My point was that the show seems to be trying to excuse it.  It's not his fault, he' s just insecure, Sonny never told him about Paul, Paul is just too sexy for his shirt, etc.

I mean, Will is lucky Sonny is even talking to him, but then he throws a huge hissy fit and storms out?  Ugh.

I don't think that the show is excusing it per say..I think that they are trying to put some complexity in this storyline....we should not be surprised by Will going over the edge..He has always been like this ever since he was a kid....He tried to kill his stepfather  and pulled a gun on Stefano...That should have been a red flag to everybody of things to come.....Paul represents everything that he isn't..Plus he knows what Sonny saw in Sparkle and that scares him to death...Sonny is his world and without him, he is truly lost. He said that when Sonny was unconscious in the hospital after he was attacked...

If Sonny is his world, maybe Will should try begging for forgiveness instead of yelling at him.

I agree..He is panicking and not thinking well..he should be contrite and begging for his forgiveness..He needs to work on winning back Sonny's trust...The love is still there..Sonny loves Will, but Will does not believe in that....He is just digging his own grave with his schemes. Lucas should have set him straight instead of enabling him....That has always been his issue, his parents enable him for his unstable childhood.....Will has always been a lost soul, always teetering over the edge, never really fitting in with anybody, especially when Chandler was playing him....

Edited by Apprentice79