Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Is Auntie Abe the Police Commissioner again, or the Mayor, or what? How does he even get to just plunk Jawn's wrinkly, narcolepsy-inducing ass back on the SPD? Isn't there any kind of qualification or certification that he needs besides being Abe's bestie?

"Uh, well, I used to be a cop, kinda. In fact, I used to be Roman Brady, sorta. Do I get a gun now, huh?"

ETA: Dating criminals? Please, Kate IS a criminal. Thanks, Rick Kitchen. I was pretty sure Gramps was still Commissioner Grampa Mumbleteeth, but I thought I might have missed something.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

Is it me, or do the writers rely on "nebulous" motivations quite often? It feels, I don't know, unfinished to me.

The writers leave to many things completely vague forever.  It is one thing to unveil a story, and leave the viewers wondering, but still give them an idea of where things are going.  These writers NEVER fill in the blanks.  They just add more blanks.  It makes the characters look really pathetic when they just sleep walk through life doing dumb things because - they forgot why, never knew in the first place, got distracted by something shiny, etc.

This SL with Paul/Sonny/Will could have been interesting if it was revealed Paul knew Will was married to Sonny, and was setting Will up.  Then when Sonny found out, he decided to destroy both of the idiots, AFTER getting Gabi to make him Ari's guardian because Gabi now realizes that Will is actually dumber than her.  Then Sonny divorces Will, sues for custody of Ari, outs Paul and the Paul/Will affair, and does not change his mind about wanting revenge.  If the writers are going to continue to ruin every couple on the show, they should at least provide the viewers with a real payoff.

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 5

Since Paul hit Salem all he's cared about is getting penis and finds unavailable men as a turn on. He and Failure must be seperated at birth.

Speaking of Jar Jar damn her shoulders are broad and pointy. She looked like a linebacker standing next to Kate.

I want Victor to kill Clyde. Then divorce Maggie.

OK, doesn't that club look out of place for Naggie? I mean can y'all imagine her twerking, let alone any type of dancing that isn't a slow dance. Will also be hard to see Judgy up in there too, yikes.

LOL my coworkers kid said she looks like Sideshow Bob. That giant red hair. Maggie prolly "Elaine dances" and Jar Jar prolly grinds all over any guy who stands still or does exhibitionist poses. Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

I wonder if Clyde will try to get to Victor through Maggie.  Like kidnap her, or something.

If he does, he'll give her back really, really fast.  Free of charge.  God help him if he kidnaps Mel as well.

• Love 6

Will comes home from sucking on Paul's neck and decides he needs to yell at Sonny about bills? Okay then. I LOVE THIS.

Paul's mom is cute.

Abby/Chad are about a gazillion times more interesting than Abby/Ben and Chad/Jordan.

It's nice to see La Kate happy, but it sucks that it's with rapey Clyde.

I am perplexed that Clyde always gets the last word in the Victor/Clyde confrontations. I don't care if he's 100 years old, he's Victor Freakin Kiriakis damn it!

I like that John is joining the force. Makes way more sense than his big business career. God I hated that. He's not hunched over a walker and he's in better shape than many men half his age.

I watched Marlena levitate when she was Satan (Which was AWESOME btw!) I can suspend disbelief long enough to buy John as a copper.

Jordan always looks like she ate some bad chicken. What's up with that?

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 4

If Paul's dad is a Salemite that isn't related to either Will or Jackson, it has to be John  or Clyde by default.  And I do not want Hillbilly Deluxe to get anymore family.  

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 5

Does Maggie's restaurant have a set?  If so, why isn't it ever used?

Clyde needs to bleed out in the park.  I don't believe for one second that someone as sophisticated as Kate would slobber all over that backwoods douchebag.  Why are they doing this to LK?

I have zero interest in a Chad and Abigail hook-up because I have zero interest in Abigail.  If she was never shown or mentioned again, I'd be thrilled.

• Love 6

Ahhhh, Show did good today.  Perhaps not in everything, but having as much Victor as we got today, and having him in an actual story line just makes everything seem that much better.  Clyde really is a clodhopper if he thinks he can push Victor around.  Kate may be temporarily dazzled by Clyde and his duck calls, but she was right to tell him that Victor was lethal and not to count him out.  

Too bad Clyde is such a sleaze because the actor is good.  If we didn't know what a rat bastard he was and still is, his emotion after hearing Ollie calling him "dad" would have been touching.  Similar to how Geppetto felt when Pinocchio became a real boy, Clyde got to hear his plasticine son call him dad.  Awwwwww.....well, at least Ollie won't be subject to termites.  

DAMN but Abigail's head looked even fatter today than it did yesterday!  Yes, that is a good thing.  I really love it when she puts her hair in a bun - reminds me of a troll doll.  That dress, though.....she looked like a chia pet before being watered.  Chi Chi Chi CHIA!!!  How fun it was to see Chad trip her brain up by all those big words he was using when he was talking to her about Ollie.  She didn't understand a damn thing he said, obviously confused because she wasn't hearing "you're so beautiful".  Her brain can't really process other words.  The only Chad/Abigail hookup I want to see is their one-off where Chad pushes her into the woodchipper, bun first.

What a great place Salem is to be young and go partying, right??  Because every young couple just LOVES going clubbing with their great-aunt.  Abigail probably didn't mind because she knew that she could at least count on Aunt Maggie to tell her she was pretty, but Ollie.......he really is missing most of his parts to enjoy being out on the town with a hobbit and a woman who gets 5% off on her drinks because she flashes her AARP card.  

The Horton intuition has certainly degraded since Alice's day.  Maggie meets Clyde, with Kate, and then tells Victor he seems like a nice man.  She roams throughout Salem, pronouncing judgement on all, especially those who threaten to have more attractive hoohaws than Jenn or Abigail, but somehow she thinks CLYDE is a good guy?   It seems that the wisest thing for anyone to do is to ask Maggie's opinion and then do exactly the opposite.  

Mean of me, I know, but I do wish that Maggie had had a slip and gotten drunk.  I'd love to see her do the naked hokey pokey again.  

So Jawn and Marlena decided to stop by and give Ari a reason to see a therapist later in life, I see.  Jawn didn't sing that kid to sleep, he scared that poor child into unconsciousness.  Either that, or Ari faked it after Jawn tried another of his "pull my finger" jokes on the poor kid.  At least we know Salemites can sleep safely knowing that Jawn is going to be protecting them.  I mean, what do they have to worry about, with Jawn, Roman, and Abe in his big coat protecting the town?  What on earth could possibly go wrong when your police force and your Walmart greeters are the same group of people?

Sparkle's smile really IS just a frown turned upside down, isn't it?  And a frown that comes to his face the second someone tells him no.  I hope that when he comes out as a gay man, he also comes out as a pissy, selfish little prick as well.  Sonny's first love looks best through the lens of memory.  Up close and personal this guy is one self-centered piece of work.   Sneasel actually acted a little less sneasely today IMO.  He was ready to jump in with both paws but he did pull back and say no.  A little late but still, he did.  Sparkle got nasty and ugly after that, and Sneasel....didn't.    Even so, though, I see absolutely no comprehension with Sneasel that he's really messed up.  Sneasel should be riddled with guilt, or at the very least, exhibiting some sort of reaction to what he's done.  And once he leaves Sparkle, there's just nothing.   That fight he and Sonny had was a WTF,and just as much Sonny's fault as Will's.  But regardless, there's a HUGE elephant in the room, one that Sneasel dragged home, and yet Sneasel doesn't see it.    I have no clue what Sneasel is feeling - and shouldn't that be a big part of the story?

Edited by boes
  • Love 10

Does Maggie's restaurant have a set?  If so, why isn't it ever used?

Maggie's restaurant probably shut down because she was never around to manage it. Always running around Salem involving herself in other people's business instead of running her business.

• Love 5

Maggie's restaurant probably shut down because she was never around to manage it. Always running around Salem involving herself in other people's business instead of running her business.

Plus, all she serves is humble pie when she's not making them eat dirt.

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

My guess is Chez Rouge - what a really deep name - is abandoned because people stopped going once it turned into Naggie closing the entire place for a couple only to have her hover every ten min.  Easier to stalk them around Salem, she thinks.

Speaking of that branch of the family I don't understand why late 20's Melanie would be staying with Dan.  I admit I'm preoccupied with apartments with no real kitchen that magically grow bedrooms as needed (Rafe and Sami's).  Dan would have a 2 br at the most and used one for a home office until Parker showed up.  Like I said, I'm preoccupied. But I guess I won't want her staying at the Kimansion either so she and Naggie can coo at each other and she can bump into Brady daily in his towel.

It also annoys me that Mel spent a few years bumming around S'Merka and Yurp going to parties and gambling without any income. 

• Love 3

Too bad Clyde is such a sleaze because the actor is good.  If we didn't know what a rat bastard he was and still is, his emotion after hearing Ollie calling him "dad" would have been touching.  Similar to how Geppetto felt when Pinocchio became a real boy, Clyde got to hear his plasticine son call him dad.  Awwwwww.....well, at least Ollie won't be subject to termites.

Yeah, I was admiring James Read's acting today.  It's too bad it's wasted on a hillbilly criminal.

• Love 4

I admit I'm preoccupied with apartments with no real kitchen that magically grow bedrooms as needed (Rafe and Sami's). 

Me too!  I still have flashbacks to that apartment Sami and Rafe shared, with that tiny partial kitchen right off the the front door that  was supposed to be adequate space to fix meals for her and Rafe and three kids.  That perverse soap writer's pride in a woman's inability to cook is one thing - starving Sami's kids is another.   

I guess we're to think that Kate only eats extra astronaut meals she picks up on sale at Big Lots, or, more likely, dines off the blood of Rafe's castoffs.

• Love 5

Don't forget that Will and that Dario kid lived there too.  And nobody cooked. There was one sofa and a TV. But they had sunshine which is rare among the glass tiled backsplash  and grey sheets every apt in Salem has. 

• Love 2

If Paul's dad is a Salemite that isn't related to either Will or Jackson, it has eto be John or Clyde by default. And I do not want Hillbilly Deluxe to get anymore family.

The more I think about Paul possibly being fathered by a Salemite, the more I get annoyed. Why does almost every newbie have to turn out to be related to someone on the canvas? I'm looking at you Melanie Jonas and Quinn. It can't be Victor or Lucas because of incest, and I also don't want the Hillbilly Family to grow in numbers.

Prime suspects for me are Stefano and John. There was that random scene where John met Paul, but I think they just did that because Drake is a baseball fan and because Marlena keeps noticing that something is wrong with Sonny and Will. Paul being John's could provide more story for Jawn and RoboMar, especially since Paul hates Mar Mar for being pushy, but I really thought they'd be wrapped up with the Brady/Theresa baby drama.

The other option is Stefano. I assume he is coming to Salem soon and Kritter will also be there too. Wasn't Stefano's most recent arm candy Asian? It proves he travels to the east since Tori lives in Japan. Stefano doesn't have a lot of kids left in general and only one on canvas in NuChad. With this DiMera/Kiriakis war picking up, Paul being a DiMera could make things interesting for Sonny. Also, when Will slept with Paul, there was a lot of talk about Paul being Will's EJ (if we continue with the assumption that Will is the 'new Samantha Brady').

These writers could just be trying to cause fake drama, but there has to be a reason Paul's mom practically shrieked: ' we're not coming to Salem!' and if I recall, she didn't want Paul to have his surgery there either. The only other possibility is that something is wrong with Grandfather and she's lying to Paul about it.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

The other option is Stefano. I assume he is coming to Salem soon and Kritter will also be there too. Wasn't Stefano's most recent arm candy Asian? It proves he travels to the east since Tori lives in Japan. Stefano doesn't have a lot of kids left in general and only one on canvas in NuChad. With this DiMera/Kiriakis war picking up, Paul being a DiMera could make things interesting for Sonny. Also, when Will slept with Paul, there was a lot of talk about Paul being Will's EJ (if we continue with the assumption that Will is the 'new Samantha Brady').

Isn't Joseph Mascalo ill?  I think I read that is the reason he's only been sitting at that desk talking on the phone for a while now.

• Love 1

Isn't Joseph Mascalo ill? I think I read that is the reason he's only been sitting at that desk talking on the phone for a while now.

KC was saying in a recent interview that Stefano would be 'back' sometime soon.

If Sparkle is related to someone in Salem that means he will probably be sticking around for awhile :(

Well, CS is on contract until June 2016, so it appears that he was always in it for the long haul. But, if his extended stay is due to family connections, I guess all the gay guys on this show must eventually call a truce. Unless of course Will/Sonny/Paul becomes the new Triangle of Doom. Just what a former Lumi shipper like me is dreading.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

Joseph Mascolo is 85. The writers should take the opportunity to give Stefano a big send off to hell instead of waiting around until Mascolo passes away and then having to give him a lame off screen death.

Some people have said that they should let J and M kill him for the 50th Anniversary.

Edited by 271queenie

Looking at the cast list from the end of yesterday's show, both Clint and Paul's mom were listed at the end of the recurring cast members. So when this was taped they were not on contract. The last contract player is Serena. Followed by Victor (recurring) on down.

Remeber when there was that explosion that killed Madison and Jack at the restaraunt? And we all laughed because every single person was Asian in a town that has minimal to zero Asian people?

It just reminded me of Paul and his family...apparently there is an Asian population somewhere in Salem. Maybe his family are Salemites?

So, about John and Marlena (particularly Marlena). I look at them kind of like the way I look at my hometown: I have a lot of fond memories of growing up and like to visit from time to time, but don't ever, ever want to live there again. That out of the way, I liked them yesterday. And I *loved* the way Sonny was with them, and the concern that Marlena showed for both Will and Sonny. They've done a great job of establishing the affection between Will's family and Sonny. They're going to monumentally screw it up, but damn, the fallout from Will's cheating has so much potential.

• Love 5

When it comes to acting,  I think some of KM's expressions might be  more stereotypically soapy  (like that's how she thinks a soap character would act rather than an actual human being?) and, uh, this is the result for Abigail. Like, she went to a how-to guide or something and pulled out the expressions that might work for All My Children's Kendall rather than picking the right expressions for someone who is perceived by the town as extremely angelic.  It'd be interesting to see her script and what kind of notes she writes in there (if she does).

I was curious, so I went to Wikipedia and I looked up how many other roles the younger actresses on this show did and this is what I found:

Melissa Archer, age 35, has played 7 different roles

Jen Lilley, age 30, has played 32 different roles

Molly Burnett, age 26, has played 6 different roles

Kate Mansi, age 26, has played 3 different roles

If these actresses are serious about wanting a post-DAYS career, then they need to expand their resume.  I think JL is very talented and I also think she's been able to improve on her talent by playing so many different roles in so many different genres.  She's been on kids shows, dramas, religious programs, the whole nine yards and I think that has helped her refine her talent.  

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

I think John would be tolerable if he went around trying to be fatherly rather than action-man.

If he'd yell at Brady to take responsibility for his actions rather than trying to come up with wackadoo plans to entrap ex-lovers I'd probably find him a bit more endearing.

• Love 4

I don't see why Clyde would want to frequent a club owned by Victor and managed by Rafe. Why put money in the pocket of the man you are trying to take down?

Rafe giving away drinks on the house, which included a bottle of champagne, shows poor managerial skills. What you do is overcharge them for the drinks and then water them down. Insult to injury. Duh!! But damn, what a difference a job makes. This switch in careers, along with aligning him with Victor, has completely revitalized the character for me.

I really like the new club set but I can see myself getting tired of that generic off brand music they insist on playing so damn loudly.

Can we keep Victor's thuggy thug with the accent? Yummers!!! 

Most nightmare inducing scene this week so far? Maggie coming in after yummy thug left and asking Victor in that simpering way of hers to go to visit his new club. The worst was after delivering the question she does this scrunchy face, nose twitching, eye closed thing of which I assume she meant to be coquettish and kittenish. Good Lawwwddd! It was terrifying!

Nothing like going to the opening of the hottest club in town and seeing your Easter egg hair-colored auntie in an elegant cream pant suit 'hitting the floor' next to you. 

Ollie saying he can't be brought and isn't for sale? Bwahh. Ollie you might not be for sale but you obviously seem to be open to rentals with an option to buy because your change of heart re: Clyde coincided with Clyde offering to pay for your edjumaction and finance the shag emporium for you and Abby so silence your mouth.

So we got clarification on something - Tammy Sue did say to Ollie that she suspects the money is dirty. 

Speaking of Tammy Sue, she seems to be back in full force to her grimacing facial expressions. 

The increased Chad/Abby interactions are making me groan. Chad is just appealing too much to her ego and the last thing Abby needs is a bigger ego and another person waxing poetic about how great and awesome she is with the added feather stroking of saying she is too good and awesome for Ben.  Bitch please!

The fat head Abby comments are making me chuckle. I always saw her as a bit of a pinhead. Her head in general isn't really big. She just has one of those moon pie faces. Not to defend the actress but I think she just has a very full round face that probably won't change or become slender or angular no matter how much weight she loses. 

I was surprised how cool and supportive Dan was over the Serene/Nicole catfight. I thought from the spoilers saying that Dan wouldn't be supportive of Nicole that he would be thinking she started everything. Nicole was very immature expecting and wanting Dan to declare he hated Serena and she was a bitch just because Nicole also felt that way. The one great thing that came out of that was no Dicole sex scene.

The Serena/Nicole fight, while technically good from an acting standpoint but seemed a heavy handed from a writing and storyline standpoint given their limited interaction. 

Everytime Serena mentions going to Eric's apartment to look at his photos and art I keep thinking of that old phrase from back in the day: "Want to come up and see my etchings?" which is a euphemism to entice someone to come back to their place for some nooky, which we all know ain't happening with Eric. What a waste. I think Eric is the best looking guy on the show too bad he has been so neutered. 

So Jawn and Marlena decided to stop by and give Ari a reason to see a therapist later in life, I see.  Jawn didn't sing that kid to sleep, he scared that poor child into unconsciousness.  Either that, or Ari faked it after Jawn tried another of his "pull my finger" jokes on the poor kid.

I was laughing at this scene because I saw it as painting Ari as the smartest person in Salem. First, Sonny says that he has never seen Ari laugh as much or as hard as she has with Jawn. I like to think she was laughing at him and not with him. This kid gets it. Second, Sonny says this is the earliest the kid has ever gone to bed and fallen asleep. I see what she did there. LOL! The kid is a fucking genius! She is only about 2 and already shading people at a 10th grade level. 

• Love 6

Her head in general isn't really big. She just has one of those moon pie faces. Not to defend the actress but I think she just has a very full round face that probably won't change or become slender or angular no matter how much weight she loses.

I think it's the fact that everything about her face is kind of ...exaggerated...that sort of bothers me. Her cheeks AND her lips AND her teeth seem kind of...uh...big that her whole face winds up looking funny to me. I usually think a fuller face is generally nicer  (i.e Kate Winslet in Titanic?) than manufactured cheekbones like a lot of celebrities get, but I think the mix of her cheeks with everything else winds up making her face look weird to me. Although, to be fair, maybe the personality makes everything worse. If Abigail were nicer, it's possible none of these things would bother me. The actress has a pretty face I'm sure guys like. But Abigail's annoying personality really amplifies noticing things about the actress's face I most likely wouldn't notice in real life if I saw her on the street.

She does appear to have nice eyes though. And I do appreciate that the actress seems to be very fit.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I loved the Theresa/Paige miscommunication conversation especially Paige's reactions to all of Theresa's wonderfully breezy commentary about how "it" wasn't a big deal and Paige looked like she was going to be ill at how matter of fact Theresa was regarding sleeping with JJ.  That scene was a thing of beauty and beautifully played, especially by JL.

So Rafe's going to take care of Clyde legally?  WTF?  Let Victor's goons take him out, Greek mobster style :):)

How lame is the manufactured drama of Brady and Melanie?  Are they really that concerned with Theresa's giving them a hard time and telling Daniel?  Seriously?  That's the best the show can come up with?

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 3

I think it's the fact that everything about her face is kind of ...exaggerated...that sort of bothers me. Her cheeks AND her lips AND her teeth seem kind of...uh...big that her whole face winds up looking funny to me. I usually think a fuller face is generally nicer  (i.e Kate Winslet in Titanic?) than manufactured cheekbones like a lot of celebrities get, but I think the mix of her cheeks with everything else winds up making her face look weird to me. Although, to be fair, maybe the personality makes everything worse. If Abigail were nicer, it's possible none of these things would bother me. The actress has a pretty face I'm sure guys like. But Abigail's annoying personality really amplifies noticing things about the actress's face I most likely wouldn't notice in real life if I saw her on the street.

She does appear to have nice eyes though. And I do appreciate that the actress seems to be very fit.

Co-sign, expect for Mansi's eyes. I never really noticed her eyes. I'll have to look. I think Theresa and Rafe have the prettiest eyes on the show. I do think Mansi has a nice athletic frame though. Great toned arms and nice skin. I'm not Sami so I haven't paid attention to her thighs. LOL! She is an attractive girl overall and I don't doubt she would have a good selection of suitors in the real world but you would think she was the physical equivalent of Liz Taylor or Vivian Leigh to hear people go on about her looks on the show. I will say that there does seem to be a lack of balance and harmony to her features. I'm not a fan of her nose. It reminds me of a wedge but with large nostrils and she has an overly sharp chin. The girl ain't ugly just not worthy of all the praise she gets compared to people like Theresa and Nicole. When was the last time some near stranger came up to them and called them beautiful? It seems like there has to be a weekly affirmation of Abby's alleged beauty. 

I am no authority on beauty. I still don't understand why Kate Moss is so awesome and I don't see how or why Karlie Kloss could be a successful in demand model so...... It is all subjective anyway. 

Kate Mansi kinda has crazy eyes.

Well, now that you mention it...yeah, the eyes looked kind of wacko when she was pleading with EJ to come to bed with her.

I think the crazy has diminished in recent weeks only to be replaced by smug. Though I'm sure the crazy will come back when Chad starts filling her head with delusions.

• Love 2

Jennibore is so going to get back with Dan soon. She can't be paired with anyone else and even when they are apart she sings his praises. So tired of Dan playing father figure to Jack's kids.

Tamiflu obviously still has feelings for Rafe and Chad is going to go batshit. Clyde is just a cockroach who Victor needs to squash. I just had a thought: if Jordan gets back together with Rafe before she leaves, that's another cheater that gets forgiven.

Lima Bean is like a broken record. I can't believe we have months more of this. If BlankPaige ever goes to Stanford she should study law because she has got cross-examination down.

What is with all these guys who dump these women and then want to monitor them and their new men? JJ was sniffing around Cole and Brady was on the alert with Clint. Newsflash Brady, you told JT to stay away from you.

Instead of discussing dating, Melame and Brady should just date already. So sick of this faux-angst. I'm also sick of Melame shading Nicole when Nicole saved her worthless, card-counting ass.

Of course Dan is not happy with Brady as a potential partner: he is a recovering alcoholic and a drug addict. Dan's whole personal brand is based on him being perfect and the same applies to his daughter. They can save people like Brady to be heroic, but Melanie being in a relationship with someone like Brady would tarnish the Jonas brand.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

From the scene with Melanie and Brady and Judgy, it's so obvious that the next few weeks are going to be chock-full of cutesy scenes of Melanie and Brady sneaking around Salem so we can see MB try and emulate Lucille Ball.

Brady was always a nowhere character for me, but Melanie and Brady make me uncomfortable because they remind me of Dannifer. I don't like Dan, but SC has tried very hard to break free of that pairing and TPTB keep bringing him back to it. If I was EM I would be against Brady and Melanie because it seems like Brady is going to get stuck. I can't imagine Brady ever cheating on Melanie and every man and women that is involved with them will probably be relegated to the role of interloper.

It just doesn't seem like Melanie would be adequately prepared for life with someone like Brady. Just because of her age it would be 1000 times worse if he broke her heart, plus Dan and Maggie would always be adding their two cents. I had the same problem with EJ and Abigail last year. Abigail is too naive and someone like EJ would have to curb his natural instincts to be with her, to the detriment of the character. Just look at Victor and Maggie-Victor is a shadow of his former self, although with Clyde he is getting his balls back slowly.

• Love 1

Melane will have to deal with Kristen if she hooks up with Brady. That alone would send me running for the hills.

That aside,  I did find Brady's conversation about friends dating each other  kind of stupid simply because Brady had no problem dating his dad's ex-wife. If that wasn't awkward for him, I have no idea why dating Melanie would suddenly strike some anxiety in him. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

What if Sparkle's daddy is Dark Roast Dan?  What if Dr. Dan, in his surfing days, rode the wave with Mama Sparkle and Lo, Unto Show, A Pain in the Ass was Born.  This would stuff the show with yet one more offspring of Maggie's egg baby, give her another reason to weep at the drop of a hat, give Dan someone he could teach not to bathe, and reduce Mel to even more sputtering.

Yep, I nominate Dr. Dan the Man as Sparkle's baby daddy.

• Love 1

Beauty is definitely in the eye of the beholder but to me, there is a reason the writers have someone commenting on Abby's "beauty" and awesomeness on a weekly, sometimes daily basis--they know that Abby/Kate Mansi is attractive, some (but not me) might say pretty, but not gorgeous, so they think they can brainwash viewers into thinking that Abby actually is as beautiful as Theresa, Nicole, Jordan, Serena or even Melanie.  

It's not working Show, so stop with the endless propping.

• Love 5

Why are people in Salem so desperate and have a hard time accepting the word "no"? Tamiflu has made it clear that she doesn't want Rafe's cheating ass but he still won't leave her alone. And then there's Lima Bean moping around Salem and asking questions and acting stank. Just accept that JJ doesn't want your boring ass and transfer to Stanford. 

Not sure why this Brady/Melanie thing is happening. I'm hoping this is just a stall tactic until Melanie and Brady get back together with Chad and Theresa, respectively. 

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 3

What if Sparkle's daddy is Dark Roast Dan?  What if Dr. Dan, in his surfing days, rode the wave with Mama Sparkle and Lo, Unto Show, A Pain in the Ass was Born.  This would stuff the show with yet one more offspring of Maggie's egg baby, give her another reason to weep at the drop of a hat, give Dan someone he could teach not to bathe, and reduce Mel to even more sputtering.

Yep, I nominate Dr. Dan the Man as Sparkle's baby daddy.

Rather Dan than any of the true legacy characters. I will say it would make those Kiriakis Christmases awkward for Will and Sonny;)

Why are people in Salem so desperate and have a hard time accepting the word "no"? Tamiflu has made it clear that she doesn't want Rafe's cheating ass but he still won't leave her alone. And then there's Lima Bean moping around Salem and asking questions and acting stank. Just accept that JJ doesn't want your boring ass and transfer to Stanford. 

Not sure why this Brady/Melanie thing is happening. I'm hoping this is just a stall tactic until Melanie and Brady get back together with Chad and Theresa, respectively.

I was hoping that this would be a fake-out where they decide it's better to be friends, but they sort of did that already with them back in 2010/2011.

• Love 2

Nothing like a college that cancels classes all the damn time. Seriously Salem U is such a joke, I bet that school has an F school ranking. Lima Bean's classes are always canceled, no wonder she's a dumbass, bet she regrets not going to Stanford now. She really needs to stop skip to the louing her sorry ass over to women and start accusing them of sleeping with JJ.

Poor Rory, forever being treated like shit by JJ, he really needs to find new friends.

Rafe really needs to get a hobby. It's like he needs Sami to be interesting or he needs to hang around Nicole. I can't wait for Chad to get Rafe's ass, yea he's not sorry he slept with Kate. He slept with Kate while with Grimace and now that Grimace is with someone else he kisses her. Rafe is coming off as just a big cheater.

Judgy take the hint, your presence is annoying giving the look that Dumbass & Toothy were giving her and what the fuck is she going to do to Anne?

Speaking of Dumbass, why is he approaching Theresa?? He's the one that keeps bothering her. Also Theresa can do better than that guy or whatever the hell his name is because he's not a looker and whoever said it was right, he does look like he just had electroshock treatments.

• Love 3

Uh, yeah, Clint is kind of weird looking (or skeevy-looking?). He looked okay from a distance in the club, but the close-up today kind of freaked me out. 

He is a total Monet. The show should've gone with Victor's yummy thug with the English accent. He wasn't the most gorgeous either but he was hot and better looking than this guy. 

Lima Bean is like a broken record. I can't believe we have months more of this. If BlankPaige ever goes to Stanford she should study law because she has got cross-examination down.

Seriously, I wish the writers had never written that she got into such a prestigious university. Now she is stuck going to a school that accepted Ollie, Will and that dim bulb buddy of JJ's as students. Just makes her look like a special kind of dummy if she doesn't try to go next year. 

• Love 4

EM/Brady used to wear his hair very short, and he looks so much better with it a bit longer...like the way he wears it now.  I think the guy who plays Clint would benefit from longer hair as well.  He has a nice, natural smile.  That smile with better hair would go a long way to distracting me from that squiggly vein on his temple.

I love it when Theresa gets to take Brady down a notch or two.  Preach it, sister!

Really tired of that hayseed mocking Victor for being old. 

Chad looked so sad standing in that doorway, which means he's probably going to head straight to fugly, vapid Abigail.  I do not want to see Chad wasted on her.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 4