Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Really? As I remember, OldWill and Sonny spent a lot of time in bed when they finally got to that point together. I don't remember a lot of "dude"-ing and "bro"-ing. I do remember Will called Sonny "my love." There may have been a little humour in it, but I believe it was sincerely meant. I don't ever remember hearing NuWill and Sonny exchange a "baby," "sweetheart," or any other endearment of that kind -- possibly around the wedding/micro-honeymoon period?

I agree about marital conflict leading directly to falling into bed with the other party as being fundamental soap math; and also, probably about Custody Battle (Trope #17). I am NOT looking forward to And Another Thing! Adrienne's Told Ya So Dance Extravaganza.

I suppose it's a matter of perception, but the endearments and the bed scenes are discussed ad nauseum on WilSon boards and this stuff is always a common complaint. We used to keep count of the bed scenes and the gaps between kisses, LOL.

I don't know how the custody battle thing would work-Will is not a bad father. In fact, I support Will taking responsibility for his daughter's care. The money thing sealed that for me. Will needs to grow up, even if he has to be Dustin Hoffman in Kramer vs Kramer for a while.

Sonny can still be active in Ari's life. I would like Will to be fair about maintaining contact, but at the same time, it might be confusing for Ari as another poster has brought up here before.

Will came out and married Sonny and is raising a daughter with him. I don't think he has learned how to stand on his own two feet. Sonny is getting tired of playing dad to two kids instead of one, and Will is frustrated and annoyed at being treated like a child. Perfect opportunity to learn and grow and become an equal partner. If they choose to stay together Will and Sonny will be better for it.

I don't know if SAMi ever learned to be independent because she always had a man waiting and EJ just gave her a place to live when she split with Rafe, but I want Will to be able to go it alone.

I suppose it's a matter of perception, but the endearments and the bed scenes are discussed ad nauseum on WilSon boards and this stuff is always a common complaint. We used to keep count of the bed scenes and the gaps between kisses, LOL.

For fandoms, there will never be enough of that type of stuff lol. 

But Will and Sonny fans have much less of a cause for complaint, not when Luke and Noah's first time on ATWT consisted of jumping on the bed and ice cream with Grandma.  Or on OLTL, even though Kyle and Fish had the first on-screen sex scene for a gay male couple, going the last two or so months they were on canvas not kissing (with a cheek kiss when they got custody of Fish's daughter even quickly zoomed away from so an awkward hug between a straight couple could be viewed from three different angles, HATE!).

I think Days is doing a good job not shying away, even including the Paul/Will kiss in the promo.  When have you ever seen that for a daytime soap?

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 1

I thought the same as you, but Willass was mean on EJ and thought his mom lost her self respect by forgiving him. I suppose the true karma would be having him in need of forgiveness from Sonny after being so scornful of people who forgive.

Besides, Sonny also jumped on the Abby train, telling people EJ took advantage of her so there is a lesson to be learned on his end as well.

I'm not saying Sonny deserved to be cheated on, but he does have a history of keeping secrets from Will believing that he is protecting him and then it is set up to backfire. He got off easy with the secret of Gabi and Andrew, but this Paul thing is going to blow up big time, destroying Sonny's marriage anyway.

If Sonny had been honest about Paul from the get-go, things might be different. I still believe that Will would have been unhappy with their life, but he wouldn't have agreed to the article with Paul if he had known.

Actually in the beginning Sonny was neutral on the EJ/Jar Jar affair he didn't throw blame on one person. IMO it doesn't matter whether Sonny told Sneasel about Paul, because Sneasel dropped his fruit of the looms and opened up his holes to Paul. I blame Sneasel more than Sonny because Sonny has been trying numerous times to reach out and talk to his little gerbil of a husband and getting nothing from him. Sneasel is cutting off communication with his husband and now he's spreading his legs or whatever he did in the bedroom, and I don't wanna picture Sneasel doing anything sexual because I'll end up in the psych ward.

• Love 6

Two questions:

1-Was Will's tape recorder running during all of that ... activity?

2-If, as I assume, Will hides when Sonny comes to the hotel door, will he overhear Sonny and Paul talk about their past together? (Or will Derrick run interference again?)

Damn, Melissa Archer walking away in that tight, tight dress ... Cough. Cough.

• Love 2

Actually in the beginning Sonny was neutral on the EJ/Jar Jar affair he didn't throw blame on one person. IMO it doesn't matter whether Sonny told Sneasel about Paul, because Sneasel dropped his fruit of the looms and opened up his holes to Paul. I blame Sneasel more than Sonny because Sonny has been trying numerous times to reach out and talk to his little gerbil of a husband and getting nothing from him. Sneasel is cutting off communication with his husband and now he's spreading his legs or whatever he did in the bedroom, and I don't wanna picture Sneasel doing anything sexual because I'll end up in the psych ward.

I wish I could 'like' this post more than once, LOL! I think I'm just doing the typical thing and trying to pinpoint where it all went wrong. I do believe that if everyone was a bit more honest, things would be better, but I suppose there would be no story.

I definitely agree that Sneasel is the architect of his own destruction and I think he is going to get a rude awakening. GW said as much in that TV Guide interview.

Sneasel as a character needs to be retooled if he's ever going to be redeemed and I think he's going to hit rock bottom with possibly only Lucas on his side.

If EJ the Rapist can become the show's leading man, kidnap his own child, place a double in his ex-wife's bed and cheat with the baby sitter and still have Sami prostrate herself on his body after he gets shot in the park for participating in running drugs, Will will be fine.

• Love 2

Ewwww, I did not need to see sex scenes with Prissy, he's even more unimpressive with his clothes off.  Ugh.  Hopefully Sonny finds out and dumps his ass and Will moves away....far, far away never to be seen again...unless they recast with someone that 1) can act and 2) is much better looking.

And the Brady/Melanie scenes are just downright annoying....hey...you're a-d-u-l-t-s...please writers write for adults.  They have them like second graders.

Will keep your clothes on...PLEASE!  Oh and nice morals asshole.

• Love 1

If EJ the Rapist can become the show's leading man, kidnap his own child, place a double in his ex-wife's bed and cheat with the baby sitter and still have Sami prostrate herself on his body after he gets shot in the park for participating in running drugs, Will will be fine.

Oh, of course.  If characters who cheated on their spouses were run out of town on a rail, there'd be tumbleweeds in the streets of all the soap towns lol.

• Love 2

I agree, it definitely is a matter of perception, and I can't say that I've done a rigorous cataloguing. So what I'm left with is an impression that (a) the previous version of Will had an emotional life and (b) Sonny and Will had an emotional and physical connection; part of that comes from the fact that I liked both Smith and Massey as performers, and I used to like both characters; I did see evidence of attraction and tenderness between them. But Wilson's tendency to be dead weight in scenes, his lack of emotional response, makes it hard for me for me to see this version of the couple as more demonstrative or more connected than before. The lack of care in putting the characters into the current plot takes away a lot from my expectation of enjoying watching it play out.

• Love 4

Were the problems between Will and Sonny as big as the problems EJ and Sami had? I was stunned by the EJabby cheating, but EJ and Sami were fighting so bad at the time that the spur of the moment cheating from EJ seemed plausible in retrospect. Mind you, I don't really think it was in character for EJ to cheat in that particular way, and I don't think anything really excuses cheating, but the way EJ and Sami were fighting constantly in the living room at least gave some reason for storyline stupidity to happen.  But Will and Sonny? I don't feel the deep-freeze has happened long enough or the fighting has been that bad to warrant Will giving into some other guy this quickly. The fighting from EJ and Sami was extreme but Will and Sonny seemed to have more run-of-the-mill domestic problems that most couples could get through easily. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

If Sonny had been honest about Paul from the get-go, things might be different. I still believe that Will would have been unhappy with their life, but he wouldn't have agreed to the article with Paul if he had known.

This is an interesting point--if Will had known that Sonny and Paul had a past, would he have agreed to do the interview?  Honestly, knowing what little integrity he actually possesses, I could see Will using Paul's past with Sonny has a juicy tidbit. 

It didn't seem to take much convincing on Paul's part to get Will to sleep with him did it?  Will had his lust blinders on and I'm truly looking forward to Sonny and everyone in town learning about this, especially if it gives FS a more meaty storyline.

I'm also kind of looking forward to more people being involved in Theresa's storyline--she had slome great moments with Eric today and I hope she and Melanie are able to come to some kind of peace.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

Are we supposed to think Will is unhappy? Is that supposed to be his justification for cheating? I feel like I'm not picking up on something because while I figured Will was angry and frustrated about his career and Sonny spending all of their money, I never thought he was truly dissatisfied with his marriage, Whatever problems Will and Sonny are going through don't seem big enough to cause Will to hop into bed with another man.

• Love 9

Not surprised at all Will cheated he's shown for a year now how easily manipulated and disloyal he is.

Brady, Eric, and Serena all around that table were representing pretty. And stupid.

Melanie needs to stop giggling and mugging at everything all day. Her looks and mannerisms remind me of an adult woman who thinks she's Shirley Temple due to a tragic brain injury.

• Love 8

It didn't seem to take much convincing on Paul's part to get Will to sleep with him did it?  Will had his lust blinders on and I'm truly looking forward to Sonny and everyone in town learning about this, especially if it gives FS a more meaty storyline.

I can almost accept that Will had sex with Paul in the heat of the moment, but then afterwards they're lying in bed basking in the afterglow and start going after it again, that's a calculated act.  Will had no thought of Sonny even at that point?

• Love 6

I can almost accept that Will had sex with Paul in the heat of the moment, but then afterwards they're lying in bed basking in the afterglow and start going after it again, that's a calculated act.  Will had no thought of Sonny even at that point?

That is an excellent point and now I wonder if Will's sleeping with Paul again will encourage him to come out of the closet and that's how Sonny finds out?  Paul's at a press conference about the end of his baseball career and he decides then and there that he has nothing to lose and admits he's gay and then specifically names Will has his boyfriend?  That would be epic soapyness :)

• Love 3

Aside from her ridiculous hair styles, Melanie doesn't bother me. I think she's kind of quirky and cute. What's not sitting quite right is her and Brady. They aren't offensive or anything but they are too simple and uncomplicated, or something. Coming off of Brady's intense/crazy relationships with Kristen and Theresa, it feels a bit like whiplash.

Wow. Will and Paul were kind of hot. It surprised me that they had sex so fast. This is a good storyline. I hope the writers don't screw it up.

Serena walking in on Theresa and the baby rattle, then mentioning it to Eric: could her secret have to do with Theresa and the stolen embryo... and Kristen?

Daniel and Nicole are kind of good together. I know he's almost universally despised, but I like him. I just hope he doesn't have a cow every time Nicole does something he doesn't like. If that's going to be the case, then he should just be with Jennifer. Daniel should know what Nicole is about at this point.

I'm enjoying Adrienne and Lucas' friendship. I can't picture them as anything more though.

Edited by Thorpe
  • Love 4

Now that I've actually seen the episode: What a Sneasel!

In other news, Brady admitted, before witnesses, that he's a jerk? If this is Melanie's influence, it might just be the healthiest relationship Box of Hair Black has ever been in. (Too soon to call, right?)

• Love 1

I'm mostly a GH watcher, so can someone please explain to me as if I'm Morgan Corinthos why successful,  good looking guys like Paul & Sonny are even giving someone as awful as Will the time of day?

• Love 3

All I can figure is that Paul saw Will as a bit of a challenge, although Will didn't put up much of a resistance. He's almost as easy as Abigail.

Sonny fell for Will when he had a different face. 

Someone needs to explain to me why Will didn't seem to realize he had just cheated on Sonny. His reaction in the after-glow was Rafe-like in its lack of self-awareness. EJ went for round 2 with Abigail in the cabin, but at least he had the sense to look like he was going to cry before going at it again with Abigail. It didn't make me think better of him or anything, but at least it was something. There was nothing! from Will about what he had just done.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

Serena walking in on Theresa and the baby rattle, then mentioning it to Eric: could her secret have to do with Theresa and the stolen embryo... and Kristen?

I really don't think Serena is going to be some evil person. If anything she might be part of the group who figures out the truth.

• Love 1

I really don't think Serena is going to be some evil person. If anything she might be part of the group who figures out the truth.

I don't care if Serena is evil, but I really don't want her crammed into this particular story unless she is. There are way too many other characters who should be involved, ones that have an established history with Theresa, Kristen, or Brady. It should be one of them instead of some newbie with no ties to anyone. Like Eve or John (I kinda think that would be perfect, if he could stop threatening Theresa along the way). I'd like to see them form an unlikely alliance.

• Love 3

So Sneasel did it.  Sneasel actually took a ride on another hamster's exercise wheel.  And Sparkle Paul found out EXACTLY what is like to be in the closet in and only be able to eat what you can find in the mini-fridge, because you're pretending to be on a diet to the rest of the world.  Sonny wouldn't deliver, so Sparkle ends up with chopped liver.

By the way, I really admire how adult and restrained all of my board friends here are, with none of you taking the juvenile and childish route of using Sonny returning that baseball to Sparkle as a vehicle to make some lame, juvenile joke.  I, however, am not that mature.  So, Paul is really having to juggle all those balls in the air, including Will's  - and here's Sonny ready to hand his back to Paul as well.  Sparkle, pretty, Sneasel, hungry, Sonny......ready to discover his inner Kiriakis.

Which leads to this most excellent post below!

Can Victor find out about this so he can start calling Will "That slut husband of yours..."?

How fabulous Victor was today, and what a treat for us to have this much Victor in the last two weeks.  It makes all the difference on the bad days to at least have pros like him to enjoy, and on the good days, he's the icing on the cake.  I'm liking him being a friend to Rafe and surprisingly enough, I'm also liking Rafe much more than usual.  Maybe getting him away from the Keystone Kops will be a good thing for the character.  

Now that I've actually seen the episode: What a Sneasel!

I used this internet site that does anagrams to see what they could make out of Sneasel Horton.  My favorites are Henna Rootless, Heartens Loons, Earshot Nelson,and the best of all, Harlot Oneness.  But he'll always be Sneasel to me.

I sort of felt some pity for Guy Wilson today.  He hasn't been a successful recast, and I think most of us hoped he would be.  As much as I liked Chandler Massey, I also thought he was phoning it in those last few months.  That eternal grin started to bug the hell out of me.  But Guy just isn't cutting it.  Here, finally, Freddie Smith is getting a story and screen time and his pairing is ...... lackluster is the best I can say.  I think this role, or maybe the pacing of how the scenes are filmed is too much for Guy Wilson.  He's got quite the resume for someone his age, so I assume he has talent, but we're not seeing it onscreen.  I'm glad that some of you found his and Sparkle's scenes had some fire.  I didn't even see smoke.  I'm looking forward to the fallout, to what Sonny does, and even Sparkle once the smirk is wiped off his face.  I shouldn't dislike Sneasel as much as I do and I don't think I would if another actor was portraying him.  

I'm also kind of looking forward to more people being involved in Theresa's storyline--she had slome great moments with Eric today and I hope she and Melanie are able to come to some kind of peace.

Best part of Show today were all the Theresa scenes, with Mel, with Eric, with Serena.  Jen Lilley is my favorite performer on Days right now.  She manages to keep Theresa a viable character, to give her some dimensions simply through her portrayal, because the writing certainly doesn't do it.  I contrast her with Guy Wilson.....

Anyway, all good as far as I'm concerned.  I'd like to see her and Mel not be at each other all the time, too. It might be good story if Serena got involved, but it might be too soon to have involved with a storyline outside of Eric yet.  Eric made a joke today!  And he made a joke today that Brady could understand!!  Two miracles in one day.  Who knew it could happen?

I agree about marital conflict leading directly to falling into bed with the other party as being fundamental soap math; and also, probably about Custody Battle (Trope #17). I am NOT looking forward to And Another Thing! Adrienne's Told Ya So Dance Extravaganza.

Yup, there is no soap trope too tired, too overused or too ridiculous for this writing team to pass up.  We're going to see Baby Ari being asked by a judge to say "Goo" if she wants to live with Will, burp if she wants to live with Sonny - and the judge will probably make her an emancipated minor.  This IS Salem, after all.  Unless they drag it out long enough to SORAS her from helpless infant to "troubled teen" in time for Kristen to steal one of her eggs, too.  

I must  be having some sort of mental derangement today, because besides feeling sorry for Guy Wilson, I also felt all warm and fuzzy towards Adrienne.  You're right, she's got the "I Told You So" dance choreographed and scored and she is so gonna do it.  But I've been liking her lately.  We all know she and Lucas are going to be doing SOMETHING - and although I'd rather they didn't, I know I will enjoy the shade Kate is going to throw Lucas' way when she finds out about it.  Good times, at least in that regard.

Final note - Dark Roast Dan should be on his HANDS AND KNEES thanking GOD that Nicole has any interest in tapping his flat ass.  He might like to remember that he's past his hotness expiration date, no matter what the deluded inmates of Salem Asylum keep telling him.  Walking around on the balls (there's that word again) of his feet with that scarf wrapped around his neck, with a two day scruff makes him look far more like someone in need of finding a bed for the night and NOT a guy who someone wants to bed for the night.    Give it - and us - a rest from that mess o' burning love that is Dark Roast Dan.

AND FREE NICOLE!!

(at least it will piss off Melanie).

Did the old Will also have more than one facial expression, and inflection in his voice?  

He did - and he could be good.  He has his own tics, though, and one of them was this eternal grin he'd keep on his face, no matter if it was appropriate or not.  That increased in his final months when it was obvious he was ready to move on.  But he did have a warmth and a sense of humor that is completely missing with this guy.

Edited by boes
  • Love 7

I did think Sneasel felt guilty about Sonny in the immediate aftermath - Guy Wilson just doesn't play that stuff well. But that was clearly the intent since Paul picked up on Will's mood and asked if he was okay and intuited that he was feeling guilty. He was just wrong about the cause. (I really had to laugh at that part because until Paul said it, I doubt Sneasel had even thought about the fact it's unprofessional to sleep with his interview subject.)

Yes, Sneasel ended up going for Round 2, but I understood how that happened - the conversation ended up turning to Paul's emotions about being a closeted gay man, and that kind of pulled Sneasel out of himself and away from thoughts of Sonny and focused on Paul again. I don't think it shows that he didn't feel guilty at any point, although certainly his guilt was rather fleeting. Plus, it fits in with a particular emotion that people often have, which is that basically that he blew it already, so he may as well get in deeper. You know, the same motivation as, if you've already broken your diet with whatever you ordered for dinner, then you may as well just have the dessert too; if you've already racked up $500 on a spending spree you may as well go ahead and get that other $50 thing you want too, etc. It just doesn't matter anymore. Of course, later you realize that's not true and regret digging yourself a deeper hole, but it's a legitimate (and dangerous) mood in the moment. There's even a psych term for this, but I forget what it is now. And this is only one kind of Round 2 - yes, two times having sex, but they're part of the same sexual encounter. I would be very surprised if Sneasel went for the other kind of Round 2, that is, having sex with Paul again in a separate later encounter.

I also don't think he cheated because of issues in his marriage to Sonny, although Sneasel will probably try to claim that at some point just as he alternated between several different reasons for why he wrote the article about his mother. But I think it was really just about sexual attraction and being flattered that a hot superstar baseball pitcher wanted him. Sometimes that's all it takes, and whether you love your partner or not, and are happy with your partner or not, is basically irrelevant in the moment. And Will is young and has only been with one man.

• Love 4

So Sneasel did it.  Sneasel actually took a ride on another hamster's exercise wheel.  And Sparkle Paul found out EXACTLY what is like to be in the closet in and only be able to eat what you can find in the mini-fridge, because you're pretending to be on a diet to the rest of the world.  Sonny wouldn't deliver, so Sparkle ends up with chopped liver.

That is quite the metaphor!

Eric made a joke today!  And he made a joke today that Brady could understand!!  Two miracles in one day.

Those two will never not be funny. In the worst "laughing at them, not with them" way, I mean.

I'd like to add "Earshot Nelson" to Will's official list of nicknames, please.

Honestly, Sparkle Paul's insane blathering about Won't journalistic integrity was the most off-putting thing about today's episode. How objective Sneasel can be about the ones he loves, and so Paul knows he can trust him. I actually gagged a little.

Poor Sonny! He going to walk right into batting practice, isn't he?

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 8

I know most of you don't like Adrienne, and I'm hoping that she'll be more supportive mom than "I told you so", but I always did think she was right when it came to Will and Sonny. It can happen, but it's rarely a good move to marry the first person you have a grown up relationship with. If they end up with a happily ever after, it'd be because they were able to beat some really, really long odds. And you can't do that when only one person in the relationship is a fighter. Will is a lot of things, but he's no fighter.

I'm not sure I'll believe any of it, but I am curious to hear Will's reasons for cheating so easily. I'm trying, but I can't think of one that makes sense, even in Salem. 

And I loved Victor coming to Sonny's rescue. It makes up for him being such a jerk to him lately!

• Love 5

I know most of you don't like Adrienne, and I'm hoping that she'll be more supportive mom than "I told you so", but I always did think she was right when it came to Will and Sonny. It can happen, but it's rarely a good move to marry the first person you have a grown up relationship with.

If Adrienne's objections had been based on reasons as cogent as those you mention, I might be willing to give her credit for realism or foresight. But I don't think she gets a pass because she might be proved right by accident. Adrienne's feelings about Will seemed to be based on her distaste for Sami and her own insecurities. Or the writers' whims.

• Love 4

I probably wouldn't have a problem with Adrienne if she wasn't always harping or talking in such a tone that didn't say "I told you so". Adrienne needs to work on that in order for me to like her. I agree it does come off as her disliking Sami more than anything.

• Love 3

I think Will did cheat because he's unhappy with his marriage. He said to Sonny before he left for LA that he's too young for all this and he doesn't want a boring life.

Corday said in an interview that this is all happening because Sonny is Will's first love and he just kind of jumped into it. I thought Sneasel was too young to marry Sonny anyway. Sonny had a bit of life experience and knew he wanted to settle down. Will still has growing up to do. His lack of experience with other men doesn't excuse his cheating, but it makes me understand why it happened.

Every time Sneasel got to go to Paul's hotel room, he took off his ring and became someone else. He's attracted to Paul and he was just flattered that a hot guy liked him. Will and Paul have been talking and getting to know each other (and it's not even real because Will is married), so here he is building a connection with another man and he doesn't even return his husband's calls.

Like I said before, Will is tired of being treated like a child (even though I think he could do more to change that) and he has this intense desire to prove himself, especially in light of his recent failures. I think he thought he was in control with Paul and finding out if he was gay, but Paul turned the tables on him.

Will's reasons for cheating should have been built up more, but this show likes to throw curveballs to shock without thinking if it really makes sense. EJ had a better build up for his cheating, but remember the whole confusion of not knowing if he did it to save Samantha or not?

In any case, I think Will has been taking Sonny and their life for granted. People always think the grass is greener.And that's the lesson here-Will won't realize what he has until he realizes he could lose it.

I'm not sure what Will could say to Sonny to explain this and I don't think Sonny would automatically forgive him. I think Sonny has contributed to the stress in the marriage by concealing certain things, but Will sleeping with Paul is on Will. It almost feels like this Paul thing is not even related to the money troubles or Sonny being upset with Will. Will didn't seem that affected by these factors and I think this would have happened without them.

• Love 4

The thing for me is though is that Sonny or Sneasel wasn't in a real rough patch to even consider going out to cheat. As far as Sneasel and his life experience it just doesn't cut it for me as much as he harped on Sami for cheating and getting onto her about Jar Jar's spreading her hoo ha to EJ. So he just doesn't make any sense and should have thought about that before getting married.

Sonny has done nothing but support him morally and financially and always there to listen to him and his problems. Then when Sonny needs a bit of consoling Sneasel can't be bothered to listen to him. To me it would be different if Sparkling Paul didn't flirt with every damn thing with a penis/vagina and didn't come off so damn creepy.

I hope Sonny triple back slaps the living fuck out of Sneasel and Sparkling Paul. I'm not going to find any justification in that little gerbil stepping out on his husband that's as good as Sonny. Wait til Sneasel hear that Paul still has feelings for Sonny, that grass on the other side will start to rot.

I don't put any stock into what Corday says because he's always out of touch with just about everything and falls back to the same type of storytelling even when it doesn't make sense.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 5

Did the old Will also have more than one facial expression, and inflection in his voice?  

Will used to be played by Chandler Massey, who could be very sweet and earnest but also shady and complicated.  He was like Jen Lilley in that he could show a lot of emotion and the thoughts going on in his head through his facial expressions alone.  He was pretty great opposite James Scott and Lauren Koslow, and even Dee Hall.  But as others have said, by the end of his run CM phoned it in and basically smirked his way through his scenes.  He was still a superior actor and totally believable as the son of Sami and Lucas.  GW is none of these things. 

• Love 4

I think, if Sami was still in Salem, Sneasel stealing the cheese out of another rodent's food storage would be placed squarely on her back.  Lucas would get a bit of the blame, but when it comes to Will, Sami was always the Big Bad.  There is some emotional truth there, that Will's example of adult "love" was Sami and Lucas and then their various partners and it was all pretty messed up.  And, of course, there is Will's lack of experience - i.e. - sleeping around.  But ultimately that is all a basket full of excuses.  Sneasel wasn't pushed into bed with Sparkle, he jumped head first.  And then took another one for the team.  

If Show follows through with the Will we've seen even through CM's tenure, Will be eager to lay the blame at anyone and everyone's feet before he takes it on himself.  But ultimately he'll do the right thing.

Of course, by then, Kate will have poisoned everyone who has gotten in his way.  Gotta love Grandma!  Especially when the other Grandma is so busy helping Jawn through his latest denture fitting and colonoscopy.

• Love 7

I think, if Sami was still in Salem, Sneasel stealing the cheese out of another rodent's food storage would be placed squarely on her back. Lucas would get a bit of the blame, but when it comes to Will, Sami was always the Big Bad. There is some emotional truth there, that Will's example of adult "love" was Sami and Lucas and then their various partners and it was all pretty messed up. And, of course, there is Will's lack of experience - i.e. - sleeping around. But ultimately that is all a basket full of excuses. Sneasel wasn't pushed into bed with Sparkle, he jumped head first. And then took another one for the team.

If Show follows through with the Will we've seen even through CM's tenure, Will be eager to lay the blame at anyone and everyone's feet before he takes it on himself. But ultimately he'll do the right thing.

Of course, by then, Kate will have poisoned everyone who has gotten in his way. Gotta love Grandma! Especially when the other Grandma is so busy helping Jawn through his latest denture fitting and colonoscopy.

As a Sami fan, I can already picture her getting some of the blame even in absentia, and I don't get why that has to happen.

And poor Lucas has never even cheated, only ever been cheated on.

He might sympathise more with Sonny whereas Adrienne might sympathise more with Will given that she cheated on Justin and was cheated on. It's one reason why I can see them laying the groundwork for a Lucas/Adrienne friendship. Would Adrienne go after Will if she and Lucas are getting closer?

People are already saying that 'Will is truly Sami Brady's son.' What does that even mean? If Will cheats, that is on him.

Much has been made of Will's fractured upbringing with Sami and Lucas, but Sonny's parents got divorced three times and he still wants stability. Just because your parents cheat or you come from a divorced home, it doesn't mean you can't stay faithful.

I am so worried about Sonny and how he will react. I think he will go ballistic when he finds out that Will cheated, and when he finds out it was with Paul, he may need to be sedated! I can see Sneasel reaching for the sick bucket when he realizes that he and Sonny have slept with the same guy and can you imagine the reactions of the good people of Salem?

I think Sneasel is really going to be out in the cold after this comes out. Even Paul is probably going to be pissed with him for concealing the fact that he was married and messing up his chances with Sonny. Who Knows? Sonny and Paul might even bond over the fact that they were lied to by Will.

The joke is really on Sneasel.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 4

Sonny and Paul might even bond over the fact that they were lied to by Will.

Hilarious. This might be what brings them together.

People are already saying that 'Will is truly Sami Brady's son.' What does that even mean? If Will cheats, that is on him.

I don't really get the comparison either. Sami was a schemer but everybody knew she was a schemer and she always let everybody know who she was after (Austin couldn't figure her out, but I blame that on how dumb-dumb he was. Everybody else would warn him over and over again, but his brain cells couldn't process what they were saying).  Sami would have openly blackmailed Paul and let him know what was up, which at least would have been a heads-up to figure out his options -  she's never concealed her married status to sleep with someone, let alone an interview subject (what is the point of this on-the-job training Will is getting for himself here?)  

I'll concede that Sami has blindsided people at times, but Will's blindsiding of Paul is annoying and feels different because it's like he doesn't get that he blindsided someone, sort of like how Abigail didn't get that  she was acting like a mistress?

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

When I say Will is Sami's son it's because of his over inflated sense of entitlement. He's never grown up, and while he doesn't scheme like Sami and he's not nearly as smart, he shares her trait of blaming everyone around him (especially his mother) for his lot in life. I think the comparisons were especially valid when he wrote his story on EJ/Sami. 

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 7

I can see the sense of entitlement from Will, but there's a lot about him  that I can't quite figure out. I'm not sure what everyone's response to his infidelity will be, but everybody more or less treats him as a good person, which is why I don't get how he's so dense when he makes a mistake. I feel that even Brady has some cognizance of when he does something wrong.

I assume everyone will ask him "how he could do this" but I see him being given more of the benefit of the doubt than Sami, Nicole, and Teresa. I could be wrong, but he seems to be put in a category that isn't the same as the category these women inhabit. He's probably not considered as angelic as Abigail, but I figure he'll still have someone to talk to when his stupidity is found out -- Chad might actually bother to listen to him pour out his problems. 

I wonder if Will will even realize that he's cheated though. That afterglow reaction was weird. That he doesn't realize he's cheated is where I can see the difference between him and his parents. His parents know when they've done something like THAT!

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

I also don't think he cheated because of issues in his marriage to Sonny, although Sneasel will probably try to claim that at some point just as he alternated between several different reasons for why he wrote the article about his mother. But I think it was really just about sexual attraction and being flattered that a hot superstar baseball pitcher wanted him. Sometimes that's all it takes, and whether you love your partner or not, and are happy with your partner or not, is basically irrelevant in the moment. And Will is young and has only been with one man.

All very excellent points--I'm rather looking forward to how Sneasel will react when he's caught, will he make excuses, shift blame, do all of the above?  And it also should be pointed out that Sonny's had a butt load of experience (see what I did there :) ) that Will doesn't and that could also contribute to his having sex outside his marriage.

• Love 3

All very excellent points--I'm rather looking forward to how Sneasel will react when he's caught, will he make excuses, shift blame, do all of the above?  And it also should be pointed out that Sonny's had a butt load of experience (see what I did there :) ) that Will doesn't and that could also contribute to his having sex outside his marriage.

LOL, I hate to say it, but I think he is going to take the coward's way out and lie for now and make excuses when he is finally exposed.

Look at what happened with the baby secret. And once it came out we heard 100 different versions on why he was okay with Ari being raised by nasty Nick. I get that that particular example was a complex issue, but that is just Sneasel's style. He did the same with the article.

Personally, if he's going to waffle and blame-shift, I don't see why Sonny would have him back. If this show wants to redeem Sneasel they have to tread carefully.

The only good thing that I will enjoy is more Lucas and Will scenes. I'm pleased that Will doesn't have Daddy EJ around to lend an ear. And who better to understand where Sonny is coming from than Lucas?

I'm also wondering what Adrienne would do if Sonny gave Paul a second chance instead of Will. She seems to dislike both of them.

• Love 1

I think I saw someone here mention that maybe this affair is setting up Will and/or Sonny's exit story? Freddie Smith's contract is up in April and Guy Wilson's is up in August, which I find interesting because I thought actors sign like a five year contract when they first join the show?

I still don't know what Sparkle's motivation is. Does he just want some dick on the side until he can harass Sonny so much that he just gives in and takes him back? If he just wants dick I would think it would be easier to just call Derick.

I can believe that Will was simply flattered by a baseball player coming on to him, but because of how loud a production Will made when Sami cheated I figured he'd have resisted a little more. He didn't even seem to try. I think that's more jarring to me than the actual cheating. Whenever cheating has been shown on soaps, the people tend to resist a little more. Even EJ backed a way a couple of times when Abigail kept coming at him.

Granted, there are also people who don't resist and simply cheat, but given Will's history and how his character has been in the past I find his giving in to temptation so easily to be somewhat weird for how his character was conceived in the past. Paul didn't even have to do much of anything to get Will interested. All Paul had to do was give him the sparkle eye and Will was in. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I can understand Sparkle Paul being annoyed with Won't for not telling him he was married, but how is Won't responsible for messing up any chance Sparkle Paul had with Sonny? I guess I don't think Mr. Sparkuru had any real chance with Sonny anymore, but if he has "moved on," would it make a difference whether it was with Won't or with Derek the Highly Obliging Bell Boy?

Sonny's probably well shut of both of them.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

I think I saw someone here mention that maybe this affair is setting up Will and/or Sonny's exit story? Freddie Smith's contract is up in April and Guy Wilson's is up in August, which I find interesting because I thought actors sign like a five year contract when they first join the show?

I still don't know what Sparkle's motivation is. Does he just want some dick on the side until he can harass Sonny so much that he just gives in and takes him back? If he just wants dick I would think it would be easier to just call Derick.

I think Sparkle just likes a challenge. Derrick is too easy and with Will it was like cat and mouse. Perhaps Paul believes Will would be more discreet since he compromised his journalistic integrity to have sex.

Freddie Smith is on a four year contract, which was the standard when he joined the show. When GW came on, he signed a two year contract (which is now the standard for newbies).

The EJabby story was dragged out for 9 months (give or take), so I wouldn't be surprised if someone opts for an extension to see it through.

Speaking of extensions, it seems like our favorite KM has opted to stic around because she's going to continue taping after the break in production they had for the holidays.

• Love 2

I can understand Sparkle Paul being annoyed with Won't for not telling him he was married, but how is Won't responsible for messing up any chance Sparkle Paul had with Sonny? I guess I don't think Mr. Sparkuru had any real chance with Sonny anymore, but if he has "moved on," would it make a difference whether it was with Won't or with Derek the Highly Obliging Bell Boy?

Sonny's probably well shut of both of them.

Well, I'm sure Mr Sparkuru (classic!) would have opted not to piss Sonny off by sleeping with his husband if he had known!

Sparkle didn't even seem like he slept with Won't because he was all sad or angry that Sonny said no to his latest sales pitch. I found that weird since he was righteously indignant when Sonny accused him of sexing someone else.

Sparkle reminds me of those batteries that 'never say die' so I never thought he was done with Sonny Since he refused to sleep with Derrick after Sonny's prior dismissals I really thought Sparkle would keep his fly zipped. I guess Sneasel was irresistible.

• Love 3