Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Could Show maybe try to make Eric appear as less of a dick, at least in the matter of Holly?  Show made a big deal when he and Nicole were together of his great love for the invisible child, but first he leaves her for months on end to be the Great White Father for the whole continent of Africa with nary a thought for the child he said he wanted to be a parent to, and today he can't even take a later flight so he can see her?

I know Show doesn't intend to portray Eric as a selfish tool but that's how it comes across.  If he keeps it up, Holly just might want him to return her dead father's heart.

If the only two men who want a life with Nicole are either Rafe or Eric, she might want to see if Kristen can rustle up an application for her to that convent in Italy.  A wimple and a vow of chastity sound like heaven compared to those two.

I'm glad Sarah's back but I soon won't be the way this storyline is going.

• LOL 3
  • Love 12

Why does Eric keep running away to Africa? He couldn't tell folks he is visiting for 2-3 weeks and then has a return ticket? Nicole kinda had the right idea if he was running away because of her. He couldn't spare an afternoon to spend time with Holly and maybe take her for ice cream or anything? He's jealous of sad sack Rafe? Rafe sure was jealous that Nicole gave Eric a hug.

This ep just seemed to be filler.

The Salem PD did not find any powder burns on Paulina's hand? How did she get the gun, exactly? Lani was trying to arrest Ray? Her story doesn't make a lot of sense. Paulina did lie quite well and she was right in that as an abused woman, she may have better chances in getting a lenient sentence, if any at all. Lani would most likely lose her badge for using excessive force.

There must be a hospital bed shortage with 3 patients occupying them. Shouldn't Eli be released to go home by now? I can see Abe being kept for observation for 48 hours or so.

Did Sarah ever ask anyone what day it was? What year it was? Does she have her phone back and she can see that it is May whatever and not wonder that the last day she remembers was March whatever. Maggie and Xander shouldn't cover up Mickey and pass the buck to Eric and Nicole. Nicole has no idea that Sarah is missig time. And Xander, Eric is going to continue the lie? Are they going to go by Marlena's and pick up Rachel to use as a fake Mickey?

• Love 7

I loathe Eric but I also trust that his utter belief in brute honestly means he will tell Sarah the truth immediately. And for that I will reluctantly applaud him because it is ludicrous that Maggie and Xander let her go home believing her dead baby was there.

• Love 9
50 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Why does Eric keep running away to Africa? 

At this point, I feel like we all outta start picturing something a lot more interesting is happening in Africa that Eric keeps going back there, and Hope has made no effort since Christmas to try and get a flight out of there. 😁 Can the show remind us again why she's still supposed to be there. 

Don't know why this struck me like 10 hours after watching but since Nicole and Rafe seemed to have the apartment to themselves, did Allie seriously go into work the morning after her satanic ritual with a newborn where Tripp nearly died to save her soul? Does Sweet Bits not allow personal time off for demonic possession? I'm gonna hold out hope she was at the hospital visiting Tripp, though Steve only mentioned Ava being with him when he came in to see Abe. 

• Love 8
3 hours ago, boes said:

Yeah. Sigh. At least Ron's hackery is irritatingly and disgustingly consistent.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

I don't understand why Xander and Sarah were kissing as much as they were.  They didn't officially get together the first time till after Eric knew the truth.  Xander was just the guy pretending to be Mickey's father at the time.  Wasn't till Valentine's Day that Sarah confessed her love to Xander, and that was months after Eric learned the "truth."

I was coming here to say the same thing. As usual writers didn't bother doing any research 

Also why does Maggie have a photo of Gwen in a Sarah mask on the mantle?

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm 100% with Eric, Zander is a "selfish coward."

Plus, Sarah thinking Mickey is alive does not just seem like a memory glitch, as if she woke up only forgetting that.  She is clearly missing significant time, thinking Mickey is still a baby. Even without the SORASing from the last time we saw Rachel as an elementary school kid, Mickey would be a toddler.  I don't know what's more ridiculous, Zander expecting Nicole to go along with his charade (like Maggie with Tony during Saranee) or the fact that Sarah got out of the hospital in the first place without a more through psychological exam where they determined exactly what memories she was missing.  Hell, did Kayla not even ask her what year she thought it was? 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 11
22 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm 100% with Eric, Zander is a "selfish coward."

Plus, Sarah thinking Mickey is alive does not just seem like a memory glitch, as if she woke up only forgetting that.  She is clearly missing significant time, thinking Mickey is still a baby. Even without the SORASing from the last time we saw Rachel as an elementary school kid, Mickey would be a toddler.  I don't know what's more ridiculous, Zander expecting Nicole to go along with his charade (like Maggie with Tony during Saranee) or the fact that Sarah got out of the hospital in the first place without a more through psychological exam where they determined exactly what memories she was missing.  Hell, did Kayla not even ask her what year she thought it was? 

I hate agreeing with Eric :(

Kayla let Sarah go when she thought she was a woman who had been dead 40 years.  And nobody has told Sarah what year it is. I hold Maggie just as responsible for this farce. Xander is dumb as a box of rocks and will always take the stupid route, Maggie knows better

• Love 12

I forgot how boring Nicole and Rafe were.  She has chemistry with everyone except for him.  And I only ever saw him have chemistry with Jordan, who Ron C. of course turned into a rabid crazy woman (his favorite kind).

Chanel has become one of my favorite characters.  I'd like to see some conflict between her and Lani over TR's death.

Also, LG/Sarah has one of the worst haircuts I've ever seen ... and the competition for worst hairdo has stiff competition on this show given some of the cuts AZ/Nicole has had over the years.

• LOL 2
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, boes said:

Could Show maybe try to make Eric appear as less of a dick, at least in the matter of Holly?  Show made a big deal when he and Nicole were together of his great love for the invisible child, but first he leaves her for months on end to be the Great White Father for the whole continent of Africa with nary a thought for the child he said he wanted to be a parent to, and today he can't even take a later flight so he can see her?

I know Show doesn't intend to portray Eric as a selfish tool but that's how it comes across.  If he keeps it up, Holly just might want him to return her dead father's heart.

If the only two men who want a life with Nicole are either Rafe or Eric, she might want to see if Kristen can rustle up an application for her to that convent in Italy.  A wimple and a vow of chastity sound like heaven compared to those two.

Brady has Daniel's heart and tbh he was more of a father figure to her earlier on than Eric was even if we don't get nearly as many scenes with them anymore.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I forgot how boring Nicole and Rafe were.  She has chemistry with everyone except for him.  And I only ever saw him have chemistry with Jordan, who Ron C. of course turned into a rabid crazy woman (his favorite kind).

Chanel has become one of my favorite characters.  I'd like to see some conflict between her and Lani over TR's death.

Also, LG/Sarah has one of the worst haircuts I've ever seen ... and the competition for worst hairdo has stiff competition on this show given some of the cuts AZ/Nicole has had over the years.

I don't think Chanel would be bothered that TR is dead now if she finds out Lani let their mom take the fall yes I'm all for Chanel wrecking Lani's life(I was for it regardless but I digress..)

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
32 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Brady has Daniel's heart and tbh he was more of a father figure to her earlier on than Eric was even if we don't get nearly as many scenes with them anymore.

My bad!!   I forgot who got the heart, thanks for reminding me, CanaryFan98!

• Love 2

So Abe is laying in a hospital bed after a vicious attack, hooked up to an IV, monitors and oxygen, and Julie, that addlepated, dimwitted, smug and self-satisfied foghorn of a person thinks NOW is the time for him to get out of bed, toddle over to the police station and declare his love to Paulina?

Why can't everyone get together and frame Julie for killing TR and give Salem and everyone's ear drums a rest?

You'd think she was related to Lani instead of Eli, considering they're both such idiots.

And, she stole that box of bear claws!  Where is Gabi when you need her?

• LOL 6
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, Brendan Birch said:

I was very impressed that Ron didn't have Lani drag this one out, and thus impressed with Lani herself for sucking it up and admitting it to Eli.  And I was even more impressed that Eli seemed to completely understand why she shot T.R.

But I am less impressed with Eli for being willing to go along with Paulina's lie.  That caught me completely off guard.  

ITA with all the above except for the bolded.  I just had a sneaky feeling that because Show has Lani confess (relatively) quickly, there would be a curve ball in the form of Eli wanting to go along with Paulina's plan.

2 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Hasn't EM been shirtless on and off since he received Daniel's heart?  I can't recall seeing any scars from what should have been major surgery!

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, norcalgal said:

Hasn't EM been shirtless on and off since he received Daniel's heart?  I can't recall seeing any scars from what should have been major surgery!

Since this is Salem, I think it's safe to assume Brady received Daniel's heart in the form of a rectal suppository.  The doctors at Salem Veterinary and Podiatry Hospital are just that good!

• LOL 18
  • Love 2

Nicole did a nice save regarding the baby. It is not her place to tell Sarah the truth. That is up to Xander and Maggie. I can see why Xander wants to not cause her more pain right now, but it will have to come out. Eric was right that Xander was a bit of a coward. Too bad Rafe and not Allie and Henry came out of the other room.

Eli, being a cop, and a former FBI agent, is willing to help Lani cover up that she shot TR? Yeah, maybe Paulina can use PTSD for the former abusive relationship and just snapping and shooting him. Maybe the former girlfriend will return and admit the abuse she suffered at TRs hands.

Who is doing anything at the bakery now? Allie is reconnecting with her dad after her possession and is it just Chanel? Did they hire someone? The store also can't afford to put its logo on its bags? I wonder if mom taking the blame for shooting TR will cause a Chanel/Lani rift.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

Shawn is officially the dumber person in Salem. He is agreeing that Jan can babysit Bo? 

Dumb as rocks for sure! Can't wait to see how that goes over with Ciara. 

• Love 8
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Dumb as rocks for sure! Can't wait to see how that goes over with Ciara. 

Ciara and Ben live with Clyde so I don’t know about their reasoning  skills, lol

Edited by SouthernChick
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, methodwriter85 said:

Oh, Tripp, my poor, dumb, beautiful blond hunk. Please find someone else. 

Yes please for FFS, Tripp, break free of Allie once and for all. The answer to his question (whether Allie still loves Chanel) was pretty damn clear when she jumped into Chanel's arms in his hospital room and practically forgot he was even in the room. He said it himself: it's possible to love 2 people at once. But he shouldn't settle for that and the shadow of Chanel will always hang over his relationship with Allie. 

OMG, I'm so tired of these lame DiMera board meetings to vote for/oust a CEO. This is like the 4th time in 3 years where they've done this and I'm sure they'll do it another half a dozen times. I guess this is DAYS' version of corporate intrigue but since the CEO position just ping pongs between Gabi, Chad, and EJ, there's no suspense in the whole song and dance. And how the hell does fugitive Kristen still have a vote? 

Shawn, you're a complete idiot.

• Love 9
40 minutes ago, RedElf said:

Why is Chad EJ's "legitimate" brother?  Did Stefano formally adopt him?

According to the Wiki page for Chad:

Chad shares a bond with a few members of his family namely his father Stefano, his sisters Kristen and Lexie, and his brothers EJ and Andre, and his niece and nephews Theo, Johnny and Sydney. Following the apparent deaths of Stefano, Lexie and Andre, a long with the reveal of his newly founded deeply hated brother Stefan, he became distant from the rest of the family and only sees Abigail and their children as his one true family. However, after Stefan's death, Chad, Kristen, a newly recovered EJ and their resurrected brother Tony have gotten close and he welcomed them back into his life. When Stefan's unknown twin Jake was revealed, Chad and the rest of the family dismissed him as nothing more than an interloper and a pretender like his late twin before him.

I do remember that when Billy Flynn showed up as Chad, he was telling a smiling Stefano about all his schemes so he was pretty much accepted as a Dimera.  

20 minutes ago, bunnyblue said:

Yes please for FFS, Tripp, break free of Allie once and for all. The answer to his question (whether Allie still loves Chanel) was pretty damn clear when she jumped into Chanel's arms in his hospital room and practically forgot he was even in the room. He said it himself: it's possible to love 2 people at once. But he shouldn't settle for that and the shadow of Chanel will always hang over his relationship with Allie. 

I wish the show would bring on Sydney Dimera for Tripp. Or hell, since Claire is apparently no longer crazy, they could try to give it a go again. LOL

• Love 6

I am massively over Belle, but if Shawn tries to chastise her for yelling at Jan then I'm gonna lose it. Shawn is truly one of the dumbest Salem residents and literally every single one of them is dumb as hell!

Thirding Tripp needing to move the fuck on. The problem is there's no one else for him. He could just not have a love interest but that would severely limit his storyline possibilities unfortunately. I'd love to see him get more friends scenes with Chanel but that's a pipe dream.

• Love 14

I had to leave and missed the end of the show (like last 10 minutes). Last I saw Chanel was hugging and gushing over Allie while ignoring Tripp in his hospital bed.  Can someone tell me if she eventually paid him any attention. Thought that whole scene w/her and Allie was kinda rude to Tripp. He deserves better.

Anything else worthwhile at the end that I missed? I thought it was a lackluster episode for a Friday.

I wish the show would either bring on Sydney for Tripp, which would hopefully torment Allie. Or turn Allie into a bad girl. The actress proved with Al-Devil that she can pull off a much better character when given the material. 

• Love 8
1 minute ago, Peanut6711 said:

Anything else worthwhile at the end that I missed?

Kristen showed up via video at the Dimera meeting.

Or turn Allie into a bad girl. The actress proved with Al-Devil that she can pull off a much better character when given the material. 

This so much. I guess it'd be kinda odd for them to just pivot Allie like that but the actress was 1000 times better as the devil so I think they should just go for it.

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Kristen showed up via video at the Dimera meeting.

This so much. I guess it'd be kinda odd for them to just pivot Allie like that but the actress was 1000 times better as the devil so I think they should just go for it.

You would think it wouldn't be seeing as how she's Sami's kid. However she's also a female Horton who's named after Alice and they aren't allowed to be bad girls yet Julie managed to remain the exception. 

• Love 6

I don't know why they are doing this with Tripp.  Is anyone even rooting Tripp and Allie anymore?  The writing has ruined any chance with them so why are we going back to them?

Do Shawn and Belle have fans?  I'm assuming they do but I see more people rooting for Belle and EJ.

Rafe and Nicole suck.  GG ruins all his pairings.  He's just got zero appeal as an actor. There's just nothing there other than an ok looking face 

• Love 5

I did not  want Eric and Nicole to break up. 
I did not want Eric to be a priest again.

i did not want Ciara to go back to Ben.  
I do not want Shawn and Belle to break up. 

So it’s EJ and Belle should be happening next week. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 4
(edited)

Wouldn't the DiMera shareholders worry about their stock/shares prices if the family continues to play CEO revolving doors? Having a new family member become CEO after a stupid vote with only family regularly would show some company infighting and instability. What has Gabi done wrong except being Gabi and not blood family? Have the stupid board, but hire an actually decent CEO with maybe an MBA who can properly run the company. Whatever revolving CEO doesn't last long enough to do anything.

Too bad we didn't see Peter Blake. I wasn't expecting Kristen. I was thinking maybe they'd pull a Stefan DiMera instead.

Shawn Douglas, you are stupid. Jan Spears is manipulating you and guilting you and playing the obligation card. You have zero obligation to take care of her til the baby arrives - only that she was in jail and apparently has a medical bedrest condition. You moved her in to your own home without consulting your wife, who is now staying in a different home with her parents.

Yeah, sure Jan, call up Belle - for nothing. And to tell her that Shawn Douglas asked Ciara if Jan can babysit baby Bo. Uh, no.

Tripp, you are stupid too, but you did catch Allie in a lie when you asked her if she was still in love with Chanel. Move on, find a girlfriend in Chicago that you can visit on days off and then maybe slowly bring someone to Salem to be a real girlfriend for you. You are too decent of a guy right now and maybe you need to embrace your darker side. Allie ain't worth it right now. Johnny, slow down with Chanel. You or your devilish alter ego caused a lot of harm. Not that easy to forgive and forget. Allie, do you want Tripp because he saved your life? That's it? Be a friend, whatever and don't tie him down to you because he is your second or last choice.

I liked seeing Shin again.

Edited by Frozendiva
typo
  • Love 9

I think the motto supposed to be that you can't choose who you love.  I can fit Allie and Tripp into that category.  I can see how cheating is a deal breaker for some but They aren't characterizing Tripp as that kind of person, so I can see why he'd go crawling back to Allie.  

Hasn't Shawn always been a bit of a dipshit?  I don't see anything new in him falling for any/all of Jan's machinations.

Did Peter actually say anything during that meeting?  All that I heard was some kind of weird technical blip.  I was hoping They'd get Jason Brooks to say something via video call.  

Kristin showing up at the end would have been a fun surprise if it was Eileen playing her.  Staci Haiduk just doesn't do anything interesting with the character anymore.  

• Love 7
(edited)
2 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Wouldn't the DiMera shareholders worry about their stock/shares prices if the family continues to play CEO revolving doors?

How the Dimeras see themselves and their Board of Directors.

giphy.gif

How the rest of the world sees the Dimeras and their Board of Directors.

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Hasn't Shawn always been a bit of a dipshit?  I don't see anything new in him falling for any/all of Jan's machinations.

He has, but he's always been such a CUTE dipshit it was easy to pretend he wasn't as dumb as acted.

Now it's as if he not only has his pants on backwards, he also wearing them on his head.

You know, like Rafe does every day?

Edited by boes
  • LOL 20
  • Love 1
9 hours ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Did Peter actually say anything during that meeting?  All that I heard was some kind of weird technical blip.  I was hoping They'd get Jason Brooks to say something via video call.  

No, we didn't get to hear him say anything. I thought maybe them saying he would be there via video call was foreshadowing a return at some point but now I'm thinking it was just their 'clever' way to get Kristen back in the mix.

• Love 5
(edited)
21 hours ago, boes said:

He has, but he's always been such a CUTE dipshit it was easy to pretend he wasn't as dumb as acted.

If there's one thing this show has been consistent on, it's casting really good looking adults that looked like either Bo or Hope for their offspring. Jason Cook looks like Bo, BB and VJ looks like Hope, and VK has Bo's facial structure with Hope's coloring. 

Edited by methodwriter85
  • Love 2
On 5/18/2022 at 6:06 PM, CanaryFan98 said:

I also dislike Ciara more than Ben which sucks because while she's selfish she hasn't committed the horrific crimes Ben did and yet he seems more humane than her.

Maybe it's because Ben really is sorry, and really has put in the work to overcome his mental illness.  Ciara could definitely benefit from some of that therapy that he attends.

• Love 3
On 5/20/2022 at 4:46 PM, RedElf said:

Did Stefano adopt which one?  I thought that Stefano was the biological father of both of them.

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

Did Stefano adopt which one?  I thought that Stefano was the biological father of both of them.

EJ saying that was so odd.  Stefano is the biological father of them both and as far as I remember, he wasn't married to either of their mothers.

I don't think Stefano had any children with the women he actually married.  Daphne had Tony when she was married to him, but Stefano wasn't Tony's father unless that's been retconned, too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

Was "legitimate" just another snobby way of EJ considering Chad a real brother because they both knew Stefano and have more white-collar roots as opposed to Jake's blue-collar upbringing and never having met Stefano? (I had to be somewhere Friday so didn't see all of the show and wasn't paying close attention to what I did see since I had to leave soon so don't recall the line and am just tossing out possible interpretations.)

If adoption was the key to "legitimacy" in that family, then Kristin and Peter would not be. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 5
(edited)
2 hours ago, FnkyChkn34 said:

EJ was comparing Chad with Jake and calling Chad his legitimate brother.  He's no more legitimate than Jake is, unless Stefano formally adopted him.

Edited by RedElf
  • Love 3
(edited)

Tripp thinks Allie is “unpredictable and exciting?” Has he met his ex-girlfriend?  I mean, as the devil maybe, but she seemed like she’s back to her normal wishy-washy self again to me.

I LOLed at Kristin and Chad’s exchange over Abby. Most interesting Dimera board meeting moment ever.

But I don't know where to even start with the Jan mess. The fact that she was released into house arrest for the duration of the pregnancy was ludicrous enough, but her carrying on as if she's going to keep living at Hope's house after the baby is born is just absurd. And Shawn D has never been the sharpest tool in the shed, but what a moron to be going along with this and not setting her straight. No one should have to petition a judge to throw her back in the slammer; after she's medically cleared from childbirth she should just be returned to Statesville.  What a silly and annoying storyline.  Wish Ron would come up with something better for these characters than psycho Jan on repeat. 

Edited by Peanut6711
  • Love 12
(edited)

Shawn just irritates me. Who wants a spouse who moves their rapist in, coddles them and asks you to be kinder to them. He’s spineless. If I were Belle, I would be like bye - You two have fun.

Edited by SouthernChick
  • Love 10
52 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

But I don't know where to even start with the Jan mess. The fact that she was released into house arrest for the duration of the pregnancy was ludicrous enough, but her carrying on as if she's going to keep living at Hope's house after the baby is born is just absurd. And Shawn D has never been the sharpest tool in the shed, but what a moron to be going along with this and not setting her straight. No one should have to petition a judge to throw her back in the slammer; after she's medically cleared from childbirth she should just be returned to Statesville.  What a silly and annoying storyline.  Wish Ron would come up with something better for these characters than psycho Jan on repeat.

Recycling Lani's plot line of "but she's a mother!" to absolve anybody/everybody of their crimes. Hey, if Kristen should get off scot-free because she's a mother, then Jan should too, right?!   🙄

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
3 minutes ago, SouthernChick said:

Shawn is just irritates me. Who wants a spouse who moves their rapist in, coddles them and asks you to be kinder to them. He’s spineless. If I were Belle, but I would be like bye - You two have fun.

It would be HILARIOUS to see how Shawn would react if  Belle is pregnant with EJ's baby  (when the inevitable "Belle and EJ cheat on their spouse" story happens)!!!  Although the only diff is Shawn was raped while any "interaction" between Belle and EJ would presumably be consensual. 

• Love 9