Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Eve always looks so worn out from trying to control Paige's love life, I'm kind of surprised she's even interested in having sex with anyone, regardless of age. Whenever she winds up in bed with JJ, I'm always so shocked, not because of their age difference,  but because Eve looks like so tired from hatching different plans and watching all of them fail.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 5

In the real world there is no way Sonny could get sole custody of Ari. But this is a soap, Gabi is in prison, and Will isn't qualified to babysit a goldfish.

I'm kinda hoping Will actually left Ari in the apartment by herself yesterday so that he could go confront Paul. I think Sonny finding out Will did that would finally open his eyes to how truly awful his husband is, and immediately file for divorce and sole custody.

• Love 3

In the real world there is no way Sonny could get sole custody of Ari. But this is a soap, Gabi is in prison, and Will isn't qualified to babysit a goldfish.

I'm kinda hoping Will actually left Ari in the apartment by herself yesterday so that he could go confront Paul. I think Sonny finding out Will did that would finally open his eyes to how truly awful his husband is, and immediately file for divorce and sole custody.

How is Will not qualified to raise his own daughter? I understand why some of you  guys hate Will and I understand that, due to the awful writing...let's not exaggerate his unfitness as a dad..The show has done a good job of showing that both men are good fathers who love their daughter...Sonny has no rights at all..Will could keep him from seeing Ari because Sonny did not adopt her...Will has sole custody..Will would never keep them from each other..

Since this show is determined to make Will Sami Jr., he will use Ari to keep Sonny by his side, just like Sami used him to keep Austin by her side...If the show wants a Sami like character, why don't they make Abigail the black sheep Horton...The actress plays her like a vixen instead of a heroine. Abigail is a Johnson and we know that dark family history through Adrienne, Jo, Steve,Jack and Duke....With Steve coming back, this would be a good time to revisit the Johnson Family drama of the past... The show needs to bring back Stefanie, Jack and Sonny's brothers to write this story....

Another missed opportunity on the show is the Brady/Theresa romance...I always felt that Kim and Shayne should be a part of this story due their dark history with Victor...Victor was not always this lovable..He was a real bastard back in the day especially with Kim.. Their mutual hatred was still evident at Alice's funeral..Andrew should be in the mix as well..He could clash with JJ and fall in love with Abigail. Perhaps he goes to work with Victor leading him down a dark path with the Kiriakis brothers...That could have pulled Wilson into it as well because Andrew is Will's cousin...The show forgets it's family connections  and rich history and that hurts the overall storylines...

I have been watching this show for a long time and this is the first time in it's history that I find the show to be unwatchable and boring. Everybody is unlikable and acting out character. We have to put up with six more months of this..I shudder to think of what will come on our screens...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I know I'm in the minority but I am enjoying the show. I like the Pillson plot line, I'm actually rooting for JJEve and Caige, I like Thrady, am excited about Xanicole, and have even figured out how to maneuver around Melanie and Daniel scenes. Is it perfect, nope, but then I was never huge on the giant mysteries and adventures and disasters plot lines because 9 times out of 10, it's a way to purge the cast and have them come back to life anyway and, viewing it from a writer's perspective, they were always so obviously poorly written for their genre. I think my all time favorite storyline in the recent years was the salem stalker storyline- that had me glued to the tv, trying to figure out who was next. I was never a huge supercouple person, except for Lumi, my favorite until the end, so no issues for me there. I've decided to take DAYS for what it is now and just ride it out until the end and I have to confess, I do enjoy the intimate, people living their lives dramas. I just wish some of the people were more interesting and had some more self-esteem.

• Love 6

who is Caige?

Paige and Cole?

I always enjoy the show.  I wouldn't have been watching it my whole life if I didn't.  I remember sitting with my friend throwing hair curlers at the TV in 7th grade, back when Liz Chandler was convicted of shooting Marie.  I enjoy it even though I snark on it. 

• Love 4

I loved original Roman/Marlena, and I hated when Marlena cheated on Roman.  However, watching the current cheating SLs vs. Days clips from the past, it really highlights that the writers did a much better job years ago.  When Roman/Marlena divorced, there was a real sense of loss.  With the current cheaters, I keep thinking, "Forget about the cheating loser.  He's not worth it."

The dragging out of Jordan and Serena's SLs once again demonstrates that soaps have lost the ability to tell a story over time, and keep it interesting.  SLs didn't used to reveal everything at once, but they did have the characters do more than have the same conversation over and over again, and stare endlessly at stupid objects.

• Love 4

I loved original Roman/Marlena, and I hated when Marlena cheated on Roman.  However, watching the current cheating SLs vs. Days clips from the past, it really highlights that the writers did a much better job years ago.  When Roman/Marlena divorced, there was a real sense of loss.  With the current cheaters, I keep thinking, "Forget about the cheating loser.  He's not worth it."

The dragging out of Jordan and Serena's SLs once again demonstrates that soaps have lost the ability to tell a story over time, and keep it interesting.  SLs didn't used to reveal everything at once, but they did have the characters do more than have the same conversation over and over again, and stare endlessly at stupid objects.

Exactly, Plus it was rooted in history and character driven..John and Marlena had been together for years as husband and wife until it was revealed that John was a fraud and the real Roman was alive...Marlena went back to Roman and John moved on to Isabella..Their love and attraction never died. They just suppressed it for the sake of their families.. There was no reason for Will to cheat on Sonny..

James E. Reilly who wrote the John/Marlena/Roman triangle was a genius in constructing storylines for Days of our lives.  I now consider that time to be one of the most consistent and extensive. Reilly would take you from one story to the next and I knew it would be a wonderful wild ride that would both torture and treat me day in, day out. And I had faith that in the end I'd be rewarded. You could have faith that the ride would be worth it. That's virtually not possible any more on Days.

Reilly was great at using history and milking it for years. It will never be that good again. For example" Will's paternity was revealed 2 years after he was born at Sami and Austin's aborted wedding by Carrie and that storyline begat the Lucas/Sami wars for years... All if this originally goes back to the affair that Sami witnessed between John and Marlena in the Titan conference room one evening...Incredible!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

The female relationships on this show suck.  Case in point:  it's laughable to me that Nicole is so disdainful of Theresa when Nicole has behaved worse than Theresa ever did, but somehow because Nicole has Daniel and Brady and apparently Melanie on her side, she thinks she's better than Theresa.  She would be wrong. I would like to see Nicole reach out to Theresa and offer her friendship or at least some sort of understanding--Nicole has to see that she and Theresa are more alike then different.

I also hate that Eve is so dismissive of Theresa--JL played Theresa's hurt look very well when Eve rolled her eyes when Theresa was talking to her and I wish the show would have them becoming allies.  They need each other more than ever.

I did like that Brady regretted how he treated Theresa but Melanie couldn'tlet Brady take responsibility because she kept bringing up that Theresa was involved too.  Yes Theresa did some horrible things but Brady wasn't exactly a saint and there is nothing wrong with him holding himself accountable foro how he mistreated someone--I mean Melanie seems to expect Theresa to be racked over the coals for her past mistakes but Brady isn't?  I would love it if Melane went to Theresa with her suspicions and they worked on finding Dr. Mandrake together and then somehow became friends.

I loved Sonny telling Paul just how insulting his words were and I wonder if this will change how Sonny sees his and Paul's past relationship. 

• Love 5

Theresa's misdeeds don't even come close to being as bad as what several others in Salem have done including the supposed good characters.  It's really annoying how people who Theresa has never done anything to think they have the right to judge her, or treat her horribly.  The writers were doing the same thing to Sami before AS left.  Nicole gets the same treatment except when she is siding with the good characters against a bad character.  With the way Nicole is treated instead of whining and being a doormat for Daniel, she should be friends with Theresa, and tell the good people of Salem to drop dead.

It's no wonder AS/LK were enjoying their revenge SL so much.  Which would an actress rather be this:

This is the real Sami at 3:30

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fo1vF7sOHEo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyxV3rxcu8Y

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-oA5gEBScc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rj4RrB8HY6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt084K41FfI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LCBhApAvb0

or doormats who have to put up with judgmental hypocrites, who they have never done anything to, getting in their faces all the time.

• Love 5

I've been DAYS-free for months now (YAY!!!) and keeping my distance, but I remain mildly curious - have Marlena and John began to rebuild their relationship on-camera?  And if so, how has that been written?  I really don't see how these two could possibly fall back in love again, since John is so gross and wishy-washy and Marlena *should* be smart enough not to want to go near him.

I suspect the writers will want another John/Marlena wedding for the 50th...but are they doing any of the legwork to get there?

I've been DAYS-free for months now (YAY!!!) and keeping my distance, but I remain mildly curious - have Marlena and John began to rebuild their relationship on-camera?  And if so, how has that been written?  I really don't see how these two could possibly fall back in love again, since John is so gross and wishy-washy and Marlena *should* be smart enough not to want to go near him.

They're back together.  And John's behavior was basically dismissed by Marlena with a "it's in the past" sort of statement.  Happy as clams, those two, and just as interesting.

• Love 3

I suspect the writers will want another John/Marlena wedding for the 50th...but are they doing any of the legwork to get there?

Jawn is about to get a random long lost son that no one knew existed. He does promotional work for Crest toothpaste and teeth whitening strips. That should be fun for Jawn and RoboMar.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 1

I find it interesting how differently people can view the same character and the same storyline. Paul and Sonny talking in the park did not leave me with the impression that Paul had a huge ego and felt he deserved all the attention that came with his celebrity status. I thought he was admitting to a certain kind of lonely and sad situation, where people acted like they loved him and wanted him when it wasn't about Paul as a person, but rather Paul-as-celebrity. He seemed to say that he knew it wasn't because it was him as a person (i.e. speaking with a huge ego), but rather standing back and realizing that people were basically pandering because they wanted attention from a big star. So, if read that way, then this conversation between Sonny and Paul will drive Paul to try to get Sonny back, because it came out that Sonny DID see him as just a person, and wanted Paul for Paul, not Paul for being a big famous baseball player. Paul was able to distance himself emotionally from Sonny because on some level he was convinced that Sonny was like the other hanger-ons. Now he knows that he lost something infinitely more valuable - not a starstruck groupie, but a real genuine partner who loved him for who he was.

This lonely star status thing Paul has going on even extends to his own family. How many times have we seen him, hurt written all over his face, ask his mother if the only reason she loved him was because he was good at baseball? But see, even when she reassures him, she kind of has to love him anyway since she is his mother. But Sonny loved Paul for Paul when he didn't have to. This, I think, will drive Paul to more strongly want Sonny back.

• Love 12

Watching some Sami and Lucas fan video's makes me miss them. They were so good, why did the writers have to throw them away? I wonder if the writers chose to drop Lumi in favour of EJami because they liked EJ and Sami or was it because the fans loved them? I like the idea of EJ/Sami in my head, the potential they had was all wasted of years of hurting each other deeply.

• Love 4
They're back together.  And John's behavior was basically dismissed by Marlena with a "it's in the past" sort of statement.  Happy as clams, those two, and just as interesting.

Well, barf.

And please remind me again who Sparkle is?  I just can't remember.

• Love 1

Back when EJ first came on the show, there were people that wanted Sami with EJ.  In 2007, the Lumi fans and the Ejami fans were writing in wanting their couple together.  Ken Corday did not like the Ejami pairing so his solution was to ruin Lumi, Ejami, Safe, and Ejole all in an effort to prove to the Ejami fans they were wrong for liking the couple they did.  To hell with the Sami, Lumi, Lucas, Safe, EJ, Nicole, Ejole fans, etc.  Corday was willing to destroy the characters and couples to prove his point, and in the process the Ejamis quit watching, and now AS and JS have left the show.  Most producers would have spent eight years trying to capitalize on AS, BD, and JS' popularity, not doing everything they could to ruin them.

• Love 2

James E. Reilly who wrote the John/Marlena/Roman triangle was a genius in constructing storylines for Days of our lives.  I now consider that time to be one of the most consistent and extensive. Reilly would take you from one story to the next and I knew it would be a wonderful wild ride that would both torture and treat me day in, day out. And I had faith that in the end I'd be rewarded. You could have faith that the ride would be worth it. That's virtually not possible any more on Days.

Reilly was great at using history and milking it for years. It will never be that good again. For example" Will's paternity was revealed 2 years after he was born at Sami and Austin's aborted wedding by Carrie and that storyline begat the Lucas/Sami wars for years... All if this originally goes back to the affair that Sami witnessed between John and Marlena in the Titan conference room one evening...Incredible!

He was a genius the first time he wrote for the show.  The second time, he was absolutely horrible at it.

• Love 3

I thought he was admitting to a certain kind of lonely and sad situation, where people acted like they loved him and wanted him when it wasn't about Paul as a person, but rather Paul-as-celebrity. He seemed to say that he knew it wasn't because it was him as a person (i.e. speaking with a huge ego), but rather standing back and realizing that people were basically pandering because they wanted attention from a big star.

Up to a point, I can see what you mean; but Paul started out saying that he was to blame for Will's cheating. You don't make a convincing case for how lonely it is to be famous by blaming your star status for having caused someone to cheat with you. Either Paul is suggesting that his Sparkle-glamour overwhelms people's judgment, which reads to me as ego, or he's suggesting that Will is exactly the kind hanger-on that Sonny never was -- which is not highly complimentary to Will or to Sonny in his choice of mate. And if Paul suspected that Won't was sleeping with him because of the star factor, he clearly didn't feel bad enough about it not to go through with it. Lonely he may be, but he can't have it both ways: he told his mother a few episodes earlier that he broke no wedding vows, and he tells Sonny he's more responsible than Will is. Both of those things can't be true at the same time. He's responsible for his own choices, and no one else's; just like Will.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 4

This video?  WOW!  Besides the ridiculous storyline and the gorgeousness of Dee and Eileen, I'm amazed at the size of that set.  I so miss the large sets that soaps used to have.  Now everyone is shoved into little shoeboxes with terrible curtains and fugly paintings. 

I've so missed being here lovingly ragging on Days.  Been busting my ass for the last month getting ready for an arts & crafts fair at which I ended up making diddly shit. Lesson?  Shoppers who look like they just rolled out of bed in dirty, stained clothes that barely cover their bellies, or floral stirrup pants from 1982, or assholes who think they can do what you do only better - and aren't afraid to tell that to your face -- but of course don't because that would take time and effort and money for exorbitant booth fees, are not interested in handmade stuff.  Clearly I'm bitter about the whole thing.

I'm off to watch Friday's episode.

• Love 3

I guess Theresa still hasn't read the article about Sparkles, because then she'll know why he turned her down. You know Theresa will twist it to say only way a man will turn her down is if he's gay, but having Electroshock leave her high and dry it might not be a real confidence boost for her because men are leaving her left, right, and center within a short time frame of Brady, Sparkles, and now Electroshock.

• Love 2

I don't think most parents would want their 18 year old child THIS attached to another person. JJ seemed like he was on the verge of slitting his wrists because his six month "relationship" with Lima Bean went south. Raccoon Jen should be freaking out right now instead of pushing for him to  become even more dependent on Lima Bean's validation. JJ already has dangerously low self esteem and thinks he's the worst person in the history of the world for banging Eve so getting back with Lima Bean and continuing to keep this secret indefinitely is only going to make things worse. Does Jen really think JJ can live with this forever? I think she wants Eve to suffer, and to make herself feel righteous she has convinced herself that JJ and Lima Bean getting back together is the right thing.

• Love 10

I used to work with a lot of professional athletes, and the few I got to know fairly well were surprisingly insecure. As confident as they may have been in their abilities, some of them bordered on paranoia when it came to personal relationships. Paul's laments about people liking you for what you do rather than who you are were very reminiscent of those guys. I don't think it was ego that made Paul say that it was his "fault" that Will slept with him, it was likely past experience with the hangers on that think being with you makes them look/feel good. And I don't think it was particularly off base, either. Not only has Will admitted to feeling generally unworthy, but as a journalist sleeping with his interview subject, Will already comes off as unscrupulous. Even Will admitted that it did his ego some good that someone like Paul was, at least momentarily, attracted to him. 

Edited by shesajar
  • Love 7

I don't think most parents would want their 18 year old child THIS attached to another person. JJ seemed like he was on the verge of slitting his wrists because his six month "relationship" with Lima Bean went south. Raccoon Jen should be freaking out right now instead of pushing for him to  become even more dependent on Lima Bean's validation. JJ already has dangerously low self esteem and thinks he's the worst person in the history of the world for banging Eve so getting back with Lima Bean and continuing to keep this secret indefinitely is only going to make things worse. Does Jen really think JJ can live with this forever? I think she wants Eve to suffer, and to make herself feel righteous she has convinced herself that JJ and Lima Bean getting back together is the right thing.

I know! Man, when I went to college I was wildly in love with my high school boyfriend who... well, we had only been together about eight months (but then, we actually had fun together and it was a solid eight months, not breaking up and angsting over everything and, again, we actually had fun... laughed a lot and shared nerdy interests with each other... total young love but it was a good experience) and both of our parents were like 'yeeaah... you two are young and you haven't experienced half of what the world has to offer... ease up.' (Spoiler: we didn't and it got ridiculously angsty and shit afterwards but it still ended fairly well... eventually) So Jen being so gung-ho on JJ being with Paige because she's the only woman he could possibly imagine himself with (yeah... except when he was banging her Mom... guess he didn't have to imagine that) is not a good thing at all. On the upside, it feels like the show recognizes that to a certain extent.

JJ's behavior strikes me as addictive and it's all wrapped up in his extremely low self-esteem. It's like he's hooked on the misery that his feeling of inadequacy brings as well as the crutch that Paige the Savior offers him to 'be better.' I mean, Paige seems relatively normal about all of this. They split up, it was weird and unpleasant, and now they're trying again but JJ is so over-invested in this himself he honestly does look like he's ready to slash his wrists if there's even the slightest wrinkle in this 'reunion.' He swings from one extreme to the other so quickly I half expect Paige to break it off with him because she's sea sick. I mean, the whole mess where he's DEMANDING that she tell him exactly what she talked to Daniel about... that should have been setting off red flags for Paige all over the place. That should have resulted in a 'exactly why do I have to relay every single conversation I have with you?' but instead she was all 'you've been so open and honest with me (salt in the wound) that I should do the same' even though I don't get exactly why she needed to be honest about a conversation that had nothing to do with JJ as far as she knows.

I'm irritated as well that Eve has decided the best way to keep Paige from JJ is to fling her at another warm body. I suppose some of it makes sense... it's much easier to resist temptation when you've got a new love than when you're alone but, still, it's vexing. It's also kind of funny how Paige talks about her Mom 'not doing well without a man' and she's been unattached since she came on the show. Yeah, she fucked JJ a few times... that was hardly a relationship, nor was it exactly a positive one. 

And, man, do I hate agreeing with Daniel! Argh! It hurts me to do so... but he's kind of right in how this whole mess involves him when Jen has been yapping at his heels to please, please, PLEASE help JJ and find out what's bothering him (something I think Daniel was hesitant to do at the time) and now she's all 'Back off! This is none of your business!' I hate that Daniel is involved in yet. another. story but Jen did pull him into this one on her own. And he also seems pretty bothered at the idea of JJ reuniting with Paige while this MESS is hanging over his head. Dammit. Why, Show... WHY?!

Ultimately... when it does come out, I'd love it if Paige managed to make inroads with her mother, first. Eve fucked up and is fucked up but Paige knows that... hell, she goes around town explaining what a mess her mother is to practically everyone. If she gave Eve a chance to explain she would probably have some understanding. Sure, it would give her a bit more power in their mother/daughter relationship and it would be severely damaged but, at the same time, Eve wanting JJ away from Paige because she was sleeping with him makes sense. He proved he wasn't worthy of her daughter with that move... meanwhile, JJ and Jen are lying their asses off to Paige in order for some strange quick fix that's just going to get uglier.

And I still don't think it's going to blow until Paige and JJ have sex. 

In other news... what was that whiny, crying thing Melanie did when she was telling Brady that Theresa was still in love with him? Maybe I could buy that response of she thought Brady was in love with Theresa but not so much the other way around. ::whine:: ::sniffle:: "She's still in love with you!" So what? So she sends stupid texts to Brady... Brady can deal with that himself. Or not. Whatever! Also, when he said that he didn't treat Theresa very well when Kristen was around Melanie pipes right up with 'Well, she didn't treat you well, either!' -- Not the point! And don't enable bad behavior! If Brady can admit he did the wrong thing he should be allowed to follow through and not get a 'it's not so bad because of this other person who I don't like and what she did to you.'

Finally, that fucking elephant story has some life injected into it. Not that it will last... I guess they'll drag this part out way too long, as well.

Also, was it me or did Sonny just look utterly disgusted with Paul during Friday's entire conversation. It's like the more Paul talked the more Sonny judged himself for ever being involved with him. "God damn, my first love is a self-absorbed douche-nozzle!" Not that it makes Will look any better although he did take some blame at last when talking to T. It would be really nice, however, if Will took that blame while talking to Sonny. Also, his freaking out when hearing that Sonny left with Paul and coming upon them in the park with his 'you sonuvabitch' was pretty realistic. No one is more paranoid or quick to jump to conclusions about their partner running around on them than the one who was cheating first. I still think they're likely to do Sonny/Paul but Sonny just doesn't seem like he's all that into Paul anymore and getting an inside look at how Paul saw him all those years ago... well, Sonny was right. What Paul thought of him was insulting. Oh, these tangled webs!

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 9

I know! Man, when I went to college I was wildly in love with my high school boyfriend who... well, we had only been together about eight months (but then, we actually had fun together and it was a solid eight months, not breaking up and angsting over everything and, again, we actually had fun... laughed a lot and shared nerdy interests with each other... total young love but it was a good experience) and both of our parents were like 'yeeaah... you two are young and you haven't experienced half of what the world has to offer... ease up.' (Spoiler: we didn't and it got ridiculously angsty and shit afterwards but it still ended fairly well... eventually) So Jen being so gung-ho on JJ being with Paige because she's the only woman he could possibly imagine himself with (yeah... except when he was banging her Mom... guess he didn't have to imagine that) is not a good thing at all. On the upside, it feels like the show recognizes that to a certain extent.

JJ's behavior strikes me as addictive and it's all wrapped up in his extremely low self-esteem. It's like he's hooked on the misery that his feeling of inadequacy brings as well as the crutch that Paige the Savior offers him to 'be better.' I mean, Paige seems relatively normal about all of this. They split up, it was weird and unpleasant, and now they're trying again but JJ is so over-invested in this himself he honestly does look like he's ready to slash his wrists if there's even the slightest wrinkle in this 'reunion.' He swings from one extreme to the other so quickly I half expect Paige to break it off with him because she's sea sick. I mean, the whole mess where he's DEMANDING that she tell him exactly what she talked to Daniel about... that should have been setting off red flags for Paige all over the place. That should have resulted in a 'exactly why do I have to relay every single conversation I have with you?' but instead she was all 'you've been so open and honest with me (salt in the wound) that I should do the same' even though I don't get exactly why she needed to be honest about a conversation that had nothing to do with JJ as far as she knows.

I'm irritated as well that Eve has decided the best way to keep Paige from JJ is to fling her at another warm body. I suppose some of it makes sense... it's much easier to resist temptation when you've got a new love than when you're alone but, still, it's vexing. It's also kind of funny how Paige talks about her Mom 'not doing well without a man' and she's been unattached since she came on the show. Yeah, she fucked JJ a few times... that was hardly a relationship, nor was it exactly a positive one. 

And, man, do I hate agreeing with Daniel! Argh! It hurts me to do so... but he's kind of right in how this whole mess involves him when Jen has been yapping at his heels to please, please, PLEASE help JJ and find out what's bothering him (something I think Daniel was hesitant to do at the time) and now she's all 'Back off! This is none of your business!' I hate that Daniel is involved in yet. another. story but Jen did pull him into this one on her own. And he also seems pretty bothered at the idea of JJ reuniting with Paige while this MESS is hanging over his head. Dammit. Why, Show... WHY?!

Ultimately... when it does come out, I'd love it if Paige managed to make inroads with her mother, first. Eve fucked up and is fucked up but Paige knows that... hell, she goes around town explaining what a mess her mother is to practically everyone. If she gave Eve a chance to explain she would probably have some understanding. Sure, it would give her a bit more power in their mother/daughter relationship and it would be severely damaged but, at the same time, Eve wanting JJ away from Paige because she was sleeping with him makes sense. He proved he wasn't worthy of her daughter with that move... meanwhile, JJ and Jen are lying their asses off to Paige in order for some strange quick fix that's just going to get uglier.

And I still don't think it's going to blow until Paige and JJ have sex. 

In other news... what was that whiny, crying thing Melanie did when she was telling Brady that Theresa was still in love with him? Maybe I could buy that response of she thought Brady was in love with Theresa but not so much the other way around. ::whine:: ::sniffle:: "She's still in love with you!" So what? So she sends stupid texts to Brady... Brady can deal with that himself. Or not. Whatever! Also, when he said that he didn't treat Theresa very well when Kristen was around Melanie pipes right up with 'Well, she didn't treat you well, either!' -- Not the point! And don't enable bad behavior! If Brady can admit he did the wrong thing he should be allowed to follow through and not get a 'it's not so bad because of this other person who I don't like and what she did to you.'

Finally, that fucking elephant story has some life injected into it. Not that it will last... I guess they'll drag this part out way too long, as well.

Also, was it me or did Sonny just look utterly disgusted with Paul during Friday's entire conversation. It's like the more Paul talked the more Sonny judged himself for ever being involved with him. "God damn, my first love is a self-absorbed douche-nozzle!" Not that it makes Will look any better although he did take some blame at last when talking to T. It would be really nice, however, if Will took that blame while talking to Sonny. Also, his freaking out when hearing that Sonny left with Paul and coming upon them in the park with his 'you sonuvabitch' was pretty realistic. No one is more paranoid or quick to jump to conclusions about their partner running around on them than the one who was cheating first. I still think they're likely to do Sonny/Paul but Sonny just doesn't seem like he's all that into Paul anymore and getting an inside look at how Paul saw him all those years ago... well, Sonny was right. What Paul thought of him was insulting. Oh, these tangled webs!

I agree about your assessment of JJ, that is why Jack needs to come back and help him. It will be good if his uncle Steve and Aunt Adrienne lend a helping hand as well....That is what is missing from this show, the familial connections and nod to history to move the stories forward with the new generation...

• Love 2

I know! Man, when I went to college I was wildly in love with my high school boyfriend who... well, we had only been together about eight months (but then, we actually had fun together and it was a solid eight months, not breaking up and angsting over everything and, again, we actually had fun... laughed a lot and shared nerdy interests with each other... total young love but it was a good experience) and both of our parents were like 'yeeaah... you two are young and you haven't experienced half of what the world has to offer... ease up.' 

Funny -- I wound up marrying mine 9 years later and we just celebrated our 30th anniversary, lol. But I take your point, Dandesun -- I know it's a rare thing. 

• Love 6

Funny -- I wound up marrying mine 9 years later and we just celebrated our 30th anniversary, lol. But I take your point, Dandesun -- I know it's a rare thing. 

Did you get any warnings about how you were young and had more to experience early on? And congratulations on 30 years!

However, you know how sometimes on soaps you see two people interacting and go 'Yeah... that's the makings of something great!' Even though I liked JJ/Paige at the beginning, I didn't think 'supercouple in the making!' For me, it was a triumph in and of itself that a young, teen set pairing wasn't boring beyond all measure. That they were charming and cute and likable... that's a major hurdle for a pairing that young. Since then? No... they don't have the makings for an epic pairing from where I sit.

Which probably means they'll be forced down my throat as that very thing despite all evidence to the contrary. That seems to be how it works anymore.

• Love 4

Oh yes we did, Dandesun, and we each went to different colleges on purpose so that we wouldn't miss out on our own experiences. Then I lived in an apartment -- with him a weekend visitor -- because I wanted to know that I could live on my own before we were married. I don't remember a LOT of discouraging comments, but there were some and also from our friends. Who knows why some things work out and others don't, right? 

I agree that JJ/Paige are not being shown as another Hope/Bo or even Jack/Jennifer so far. I don't think the writers know how to write those stories anymore. But I think all of that explains how much I'm rooting for them and why I arch my eyebrows (not that any of you can see them) when others post about it "only being a high school/teen romance." 

Enough introspection for a Monday morning : ) 

And belated thanks for the 30th congrats! 

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 4

Ha! John Black can't read a room to save his life can he? One too many brain washings I guess. And when did he turn into Helen Lovejoy from the Simpsons with this benefit. "Please won't someone think of the children!"

• Love 5

Oh yes we did, Dandesun, and we each went to different colleges on purpose so that we wouldn't miss out on our own experiences. Then I lived in an apartment -- with him a weekend visitor -- because I wanted to know that I could live on my own before we were married. I don't remember a LOT of discouraging comments, but there were some and also from our friends. Who knows why some things work out and others don't, right? 

I agree that JJ/Paige are not being shown as another Hope/Bo or even Jack/Jennifer so far. I don't think the writers know how to write those stories anymore. But I think all of that explains how much I'm rooting for them and why I arch my eyebrows (not that any of you can see them) when others post about it "only being a high school/teen romance." 

Enough introspection for a Monday morning : ) 

And belated thanks for the 30th congrats! 

Sounds like you guys did it right. My high school into college romance... well... we did not do it right. We did go to different schools and our experiences there were very different. When I learned how to live without him, I really learned how to live without him. I gradually moved from holding on to tight to being able to let go completely. And I get why you're rooting for JJ/Paige, I totally get it. For me, as wonderful as first love is, it's not always lasting love and I don't think these two characters are at all prepared.

Paige comes from a place both idealistic and jaded... her mother sheltered her and put everything into making sure that Paige remained unsullied so that there is a certain amount of innocence in her but, at the same time, she knows that her mother has a track record of choosing poorly when it comes to partners. Unfortunately, she's about to get even more jaded when the truth comes out.

And JJ... well he's just a big fucking mess! He doesn't need a girlfriend, he needs therapy! Badly! Unfortunately, Madame Sinister is the only therapist in town and I'm fairly certain that his whole nightmare is another one of her experiments. It's not a major one, certainly, but it's definitely one she started and will suddenly go 'Ahhh... that bit of circumstance is finally bearing fruit!'

Also, for all the talk that JJ's a player said by everyone it seems since the beginning of this relationship...  he seems really, really bad at it, doesn't he?

• Love 3

Seriously, Sneasel.  No one is afraid of you and your little laptop.

Sparkle's useless mother is.

Ugh Abifail and the mannequin are back. How wonderful. Chad is so pathetic going after that rodent. Have some damn self respect. And really, if he wants her all he haves to do is get a fake girlfriend and then she'll be all over him. Take her to a supply closet or shower and she'll bust it open for you no problem\. These people are so freak nasueating. 

• Love 2

Writers have got to stop with this constant bumping into each other. Seriously is there any other way for characters to run into each other besides the occasional bump? Not according to the writers. Anyone that bumps into a Jar Jar needs to get tested for rabies. She didn't even know what to say in regards to the blood policy. Jar Jars don't bleed like normal humans, they bleed runny stools. So Jar Jars are basically full of shit. What was up with that schoolmarm bow tie on her blouse? That thing was hideous.

Plastic Mannequin stop it!! Stop trying to get that building to allow pets and unknown species into the building, it shouldn't happen. I'm sure his rent is paying for pest control, but they gonna raise the rent more when they have to buy Raid and flea and tick treatments to prevent pests from polluting the building. Here's Jar Jar showing her high school mean girl behavior with the whole "at least Chad read Jack's book", we know now that's a prerequisite to get Jar Jar's bloomers off.

LMAO of Sneasel calling the park private. That's the joke of the day. That park is at private as an arena on Superbowl Sunday. 

I don't understand why the whole town is looking at Kate and laughing because she's no longer CEO of a company. More contrived writing because I bet half the people that were staring at her don't know a damn thing about business.

Yawn is a joke of a detective, when he can't even read a room and sense tension radiating from Sonny, Sparkles, and Sneasel. 

Sneasel is showing what a lousy journalist (I use that word just as loosely as Jar Jar's alleged lady parts) for personal gain and it's gonna blow up in his face if he doesn't do his research correctly. Carbon Narita never said who the father is, just because you're somewhat on DiMera property doesn't mean anything. Has he bothered to reach out to a DiMera like Chad and maybe trying to get Stephono's number to ask him questions? Nope, doesn't even bother, just gonna possibly publish the story because Sonny called him out on his cheating and that he's not the one falling into Sparkles bed, he did. Is he telling Zoe about this possible story?? Sneasel just makes me absolutely sick, he needs to go back to live with Sami, but I'm sure she doesn't want to be burden with another child.

All this blaming everything on Sparkles is getting redundant on Sneasel's part. Why he doesn't bother to own up to his cheating is astonishing. Just say you did and work on your marriage, cause he's getting upset at the wrong people. Sneasel is the one who let Sparkles' "celebrity" get him all hot and bothered, he's the one that took his wedding ring off and didn't tell him he was married, he's the one that was about to go in and go for seconds like Oliver Twist. GTFO Sneasel.

I can see why everyone else in Salem is practically stupid, they don't eat, except for Kate. She's like the only character you see eating breakfast and dinner, next time she eats she needs to invite Hope and fix her two plates.

Nice to see Suddenly Southern out of the kiddie pool and being there for Theresa. Don't like the fact that Toothy is going to be the crime solver but I shouldn't be surprised since she's a Jonas. 

• Love 6

One thing that I like about Sonny is that he does not have a problem shutting Will down when he gets into a tizzy...He is so good at that..Will needs somebody like that who will put him in his place when it is warranted..Will is exhausting me with his stupidity and shifting the blame on Sparkle..Enough....He needs to go and take several seats in his apartment..He is truly a child..I am a Will fan and it is getting too much even for me.. Sparkle needs to leave Sonny alone and  I don't believe that he is as noble as he pretends to be..Time will tell....

The  baby mystery involving Theresa and Brady should have involved Kim, Shayne, Victor, John, Marlena, Brady, Theresa, Andrew, Hope, Aiden. It could have been an umbrella story that pulled people together for a common cause. It would have been a good way to pay homage to the past. As usual, this writing team misses the boat with the Jonas family being the savior of all Salem..I detest that abominable family. They ruin everything.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7

Did anyone else thought it was really cute when Chad kissed Sonny on his head? I love little things like that between friends, it surprised me a bit because in real life American guys are not that comfortable with their guy friends. I think.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 9

Dandesun, yes indeedy, JJ needs a ton of therapy and Paige should probably just get herself off to Stanford after all. And the funny thing is, I have a 25 y/o daughter so you'd think I'd be identifying as a concerned mom -- nope, instead, I'm identifying with the teenagers, lol. Maybe I need MORE introspection, not less!

Edited to remove an overused lol (ha).

Edited by Lastwaltz
  • Love 3

I really love the relationship between Eve and Theresa.  The new writers need to move Eve out of the Devereaux bubble and let her interact with other characters.  Has KdP shared scenes with anyone other than Paige, Theresa, Eric, Dan, or JJ/Jen/Abigail?

Has it been confirmed that Melissa Archer is out?  It makes no sense that Days went to the trouble of getting her and CS only to put them in utterly stupid and boring stories.  Melissa and Chrishell are good actors and haven't been/weren't given the opportunity to show it.  Also, I'd much rather have MA and CS on this show than Kate Mansi and the guy who plays Ben. 

I like Melanie when she's in sleuth mode.  If she'd just stop the baby talking and dial back the affected mannerisms then I wouldn't mind her at all.

Guy Wilson needs to be replaced.  I can't identify or sympathize with Will or begin to understand his moronic choices because of the actor.

More Kate and Lucas, please!

• Love 9

Did anyone else thought it was really cute when Chad kissed Sonny on his head? I love little things like that between friends, it surprised me a bit because in real life American guys are not that comfortable with their guy friends. I think.

It was cute..European men tend to do that alot...I have never seen that with American men...lol Does that mean that they are friends again?

Has it been confirmed that Melissa Archer is out?  It makes no sense that Days went to the trouble of getting her and CS only to put them in utterly stupid and boring stories.  Melissa and Chrishell are good actors and haven't been/weren't given the opportunity to show it.  Also, I'd much rather have MA and CS on this show than Kate Mansi and the guy who plays Ben. 

I really don't know who is worse between KM and the guy who plays plastic mannequin. Just awfulness all around. I really don't understand why KM can't leave like all the other younger actors do.

• Love 2

I really love the relationship between Eve and Theresa.  The new writers need to move Eve out of the Devereaux bubble and let her interact with other characters.  Has KdP shared scenes with anyone other than Paige, Theresa, Eric, Dan, or JJ/Jen/Abigail?

I like Melanie when she's in sleuth mode.  If she'd just stop the baby talking and dial back the affected mannerisms then I wouldn't mind her at all.

Guy Wilson needs to be replaced.  I can't identify or sympathize with Will or begin to understand his moronic choices because of the actor.

More Kate and Lucas, please!

I don't think Chandler could have made this characterization work..it is the writing that is doing the character of Will a disservice..He is all over the place...He should be trying to work on his marriage..Attacking Paul is only going to push Sonny and Paul together...

• Love 3

It was cute..European men tend to do that alot...I have never seen that with American men...lol Does that mean that they are friends again?

I never understood the point of that storyline where Chad screwed Sonny over.  It never went anywhere and served no point.

• Love 5

European men are way more comfortable like that indeed. I don't know, American men always seem more worried about appearing "masculine", like being affectionate with other guy friends is "so gay". It is silly really. There probably are American guys who are more comfortable with their sexuality, depending on how they were raised but generally they do not seem to be all that at ease with affection with other guy friends.

When was the last time Chad and Sonny had a scene at all? It's been a while I think, guess they are all besties again now. I wonder how Chad will react if he does find out WIll cheated on Sonny. I thought he was always more Will's friend than Sonny's, but did that change now?

• Love 1

I never understood the point of that storyline where Chad screwed Sonny over.  It never went anywhere and served no point.

It was just a plot point to make Chad very Dimera like and a reason for Sonny and Will to fight about money...This has got to be the worst writing team in the history of Days and that is not saying much..They were truly awful.....

European men are way more comfortable like that indeed. I don't know, American men always seem more worried about appearing "masculine", like being affectionate with other guy friends is "so gay". It is silly really. There probably are American guys who are more comfortable with their sexuality, depending on how they were raised but generally they do not seem to be all that at ease with affection with other guy friends.

When was the last time Chad and Sonny had a scene at all? It's been a while I think, guess they are all besties again now. I wonder how Chad will react if he does find out WIll cheated on Sonny. I thought he was always more Will's friend than Sonny's, but did that change now?

That is true..Europeans are much more open minded about everything in general than Americans..Check out some of their gay love stories on youtube, you would never see Will and Sonny going at it like some of their characters go at it on that German soap...Chad was always closer to Will than Sonny..He will probably stay neutral on their marital problems...

• Love 2

.Check out some of their gay love stories on youtube, you would never see Will and Sonny going at it like some of their characters go at it on that German soap...

True. I do think things have improved more on that front though, but maybe that is just when some guy gets it on with Paul Narita.

Chad was always closer to Will than Sonny

Sonny does not have friends who are more Sonny's friend than Will, does he? Maybe Melanie I guess.

Edited by Ruby Red
  • Love 2