Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

How do they know Abigail is dead-dead? Dr. Rolf has brought many other people back.

I also wasn't hugely moved by Abigail's death. She was an okay character who only had spurts of being interesting.

No idea if Susan is Susan or Kristen pretending to be Susan.

Tripp, you dodged a bullet with Allie. Go to Seattle, visit your half siblings and have some fun. I did like that he considered Steve and Kayla to be his parents and that he wants the car ready to take off from Mom.

Where are the kids going to stay in Marlena's ever expanding condo? She seemed a bit cold.

I did like EJs scruffiness at the end and that he was there for his little brother. The actor playing Chad did a good job with his immense loss and grief.

• Like 1
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, nilyank said:

That was just stupid because Allie is the Horton and Jack was "dead" or living in another country for most of the twins' childhood.

Yeah, but SORAS messes up EVERYTHING. So in the revised time line, maybe Jack was around. I mean, that makes as much sense as Sami's fierce loyalty to Roman once she had SORAS occur, since it was John that raised her.

And even though Allie is the blood Horton, perhaps the family embraced both since Johnny is Allie's brother...

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

Wasn't Abby Johnny/Allie's nanny at one point?

Yep. Back when she was EJ's...massage therapist. *ahem*

7 hours ago, Sidney said:

I don't know what's happened to Marlena. She only seems to liven up is when she's either boasting about or around her favorite serial killer. Nothing could have kept her in that townhouse if that was Ben's life in danger. 

It really is sad/annoying/out of character.

Also...does she sleep in a freaking blazer too? Lady, mix it up a bit!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Maybe it's the heat, but today's episode got to me.  I thought pretty much everyone, but especially Chad and EJ, and Kayla, did a good job in urging my tear ducts to loosen up a bit.

I absolutely detested Abigail when KM played the part, but MM, despite having a good share of the character's sense of entitlement, humanized her for me.  She was - IMO - more of a grown up than KM ever was and nowhere - again, IMO - nowhere near as spiteful.  

In any case, I hate this "death", whether or not it sticks (which I doubt it will) because it's another punch in the gut to a legacy family.  But I have to admit, all the Abby scenes and reactions caught me.

Marlena and Susan, and even Tripp, Allie and Chanel were just distractions to me today.

And a pish and a posh on Dr. Rolf not being able to do anything.  If he can't bring Abigail back from the dead, can he invent a serum that'll send Susan on a one way ticket to Mars?  And she can take her "good friend Dr. Marlena Evans" with her.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 15

The show did not air her yesterday.   Sounds like I missed a good one.  I will miss Abigail and Tripp.  
   Thinking I know people don’t want JJ back but this will be the third women he loves who has been murdered.  That’s got affect a guy.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

Thinking I know people don’t want JJ back but this will be the third women he loves who has been murdered.  That’s got affect a guy.  

JJ is a character with so much potential and he really should be on the show imo. Sorry, @CanaryFan98 lol! If they can't get Casey Moss, I think they should at least try a recast.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
7 hours ago, boes said:

I absolutely detested Abigail when KM played the part, but MM, despite having a good share of the character's sense of entitlement, humanized her for me.  She was - IMO - more of a grown up than KM ever was and nowhere - again, IMO - nowhere near as spiteful.  

I did not care for KM's Abigail either but I would have been fine with her if the show had let her be a villainess.   She did terrible things but we were supposed to root for her as a heroine.  I did think that Abigail had smoking chemistry with Chad.  MM's Abigail never did anything for me. I think that the actress would have been better as another character. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
9 hours ago, boes said:

Yep - this is why I also preferred MM's Abigail to hysterical, shrieky KM Abigail.

• Like 1
  • Love 11
10 hours ago, boes said:

Maybe it's the heat, but today's episode got to me.  I thought pretty much everyone, but especially Chad and EJ, and Kayla, did a good job in urging my tear ducts to loosen up a bit.

I absolutely detested Abigail when KM played the part, but MM, despite having a good share of the character's sense of entitlement, humanized her for me.  She was - IMO - more of a grown up than KM ever was and nowhere - again, IMO - nowhere near as spiteful.  .

and

47 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Yep - this is why I also preferred MM's Abigail to hysterical, shrieky KM Abigail.

I agree on all counts.  KM's Abby was massively unpleasant and I would have cheered her death simply because it meant she was off the screen.  I actually started to like MM's Abigail and I'm shocked at her death.  I did smile at Gwen and Leo's scenes though because neither one seemed especially bothered by Abs' death and it wasn't until they accused each other of murder that we got any reaction.

I think the show made a huge mistake not having Melissa Reeves play these scenes because we can't get any flashbacks to when Abby was a baby.  I did love Chad and Kate's scenes though--they were both wonderfully emotional and Chad's angry yelling fit the scene perfectly.

• Love 10
(edited)

Couldn’t even get a full episode before Jack had to leave his real family to go and prop the retcon.  No time for more between him and Jennifer.  Or them trying to get in contact with JJ. Go check on your grandchildren Jack. Or Chad. ANYONE who actually loved Abigail. NOPE. Got to make sure there’s time for the retcon. 

We’ll get to see him (inexplicably) grieving with  and doubling down on being a good “father” to the unapologetic wench who made multiple attempts to do exactly what Jack is crying over.  She will give the performance of a lifetime and pretend to GAF about Abigail being dead and Jack’s feelings.  Never mind it hasn’t even been 24 hours since she was last STILL plotting to kill Abigail.  She’s a disgusting person. 

THIS we’ll get a lots of scenes of, but NOTHING about JJ. The sibling who we saw love and bond with his sister. At the very least he never tried to kill her. Or UNDERSTOOD why someone else killed her. No conversation with him. Just the retcon. I might understand if it was setting up Jack seeing the light finally about the retcon, but it’s not. 

Hey Jack?  You are STILL failing Abigail as a father in your continued association with Gwen. And JJ. But I guess viewers are seriously supposed to pretend he doesn’t exist anymore now that Gwen is there. Jack can now focus totally on her now that Abby is out of the way. And Stepford Jen will stand back and silently approve.  

Although I can’t WAIT for Jack to hypocritically go after Lucas when he’s investigated as a suspect.   Hell, that goes for anyone who’s a suspect. Except for orphan Gwennie of course. Can’t be mad at anyone who killed Abby when you’ve brushed aside everything Gwen did Jack. 

Edited by KBrownie
  • Like 2
  • Applause 6
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, RedElf said:

Did Chad make the bed sometime after Rafe left?  Because when Rafe was there, it was stripped.

Rafe told Chad CSU took the bedding for forensics.  It was a really quick line so it's easy to miss.

27 minutes ago, rcc said:

I really missed Melissa Reeves today. 

Cosigned a million. MR really needed to be the onscreen Jen for such an emotional scene as the death of her child. Having KM didn't work for me. 

• Love 11
11 hours ago, tribeca said:

The show did not air her yesterday.   Sounds like I missed a good one.  I will miss Abigail and Tripp.  

Yes that's right and this is the one I would buy he genuinely is sad to lose. I mean I think he cared about Paige and Haley but Abby was the one constant in his life.

The show can say he's so sick of dealing with death all the time he has to stay away from Salem for his own sanity(works for me at least).

2 hours ago, SouthernChick said:

I thought today was great. Billy Flynn was really good. I especially loved him yelling at Kate. 

This might be worth watching (although it won't last)

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, norcalgal said:

Rafe told Chad CSU took the bedding for forensics.  It was a really quick line so it's easy to miss.

I know CSU took the bedding, but when Chad was crying on the bed, it was made again.

Chad/BF was really good today. Brought tears to my eyes with the losing his best friend line. 

Disgusted at Jack running to Gwen. He was a horrible father to Abby since Gwen appeared. He can go away forever. 

Especially when Gwen doesn't care that she's  dead and thought revenge was deserved by what she told Leo.

I need a scene of someone injecting something into Abigail while on that slab. 

• Love 9
(edited)
13 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

JJ is a character with so much potential and he really should be on the show imo. Sorry, @CanaryFan98 lol! If they can't get Casey Moss, I think they should at least try a recast.

What would be the point? They have no interest in this character at all regardless of actor. His family is in crisis and is barely mentioned by his own family. There’s nobody to pair him with since he’s related to everyone else or they are in more popular pairings.  This show has too many characters they don’t even write for why would he be any different. He’s also a Horton male which means loser or patsy as his storyline at least offscreen I can pretend he has an interesting storyline going on. 

Edited by CanaryFan98
  • Love 2

I too missed the original Jennifer. It would have been a better send-off for the character.

So Leo and Gwen are accusing each other of the murder? I do think Gwen did leave the prison for a bit - the sleeping guard who didn't find her in the library? I wasn't too surprised that Leo was the one who helped himself to the jewelry and the money. The money is most likely unmarked and he may have to take the jewelry to the black market or have the pieces redone. Some diamonds also have serial numbers on them. Won't be too easy to get rid of the jewelry.

Don't think Lucas did it. He seems too guilty.

I liked Chad yelling at Kate, even though it was only his grief talking.

Why did Jack have to go see Gwen?

I was also expecting to see Dr. Rolf or someone injecting Abs with the life bringing serum and maybe doing a body switch complete with Abs mask.

A sad show.

• Love 5
(edited)
6 hours ago, tribeca said:

So happy Lucas looks so guilty.  Means he didn’t so it.    

I don’t think he did it either. Plus he has a cut on his palm. It’s too easy.

Rafe is on the case..this will last forever. Shawn D is USELESS, as well.

Upthread , Sarah was mentioned as a suspect. My hope is it is her. She can go to Statesville, be Gwen’s cellmate. Let them have at it and they both can just go away.

Abigail will be more annoying to me now that she’s dead, than when alive.

Chad has his own guilt to deal with. 

I missed MR, as well. Didn’t seem as emotional, or real to me , as it should have been with the other actress. 

Edited by Chellfairy
  • Like 1
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Why did Jack have to go see Gwen?

I assume he's gonna ask her if she had anything to do with Abigail's death, to which she will be absolutely aghast lol.

10 hours ago, CanaryFan98 said:

It’s absurd Lucas is a suspect because who would believe he would kill his own niece. Even though Jennifer and Lucas aren’t close with each other’s children their kids are close go figure. 

Well, he did fall off the wagon so it's more plausible. But I mean we can see it's obvious Lucas didn't do it. I doubt any of the people (Lucas, Gwen, Leo, Kate) they're currently trying to point to did it. 

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5

At this point, I think the current murder mystery will go the way of Ron's previous ones which means plenty of people will be set up to look guilty, some will act guilty, and a few won't be sure themselves that they aren't guilty. But in the end, it will be someone expendable and nonsensical...   

Like Jan after just pushing out a preemie to frame Belle.

Or Andre's ghost getting his revenge.

Harold because he hasn't had a raise after all his years at the house of horrors?

Don Criag back from mailing his letter???

• Like 1
  • Applause 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

At this point, I think the current murder mystery will go the way of Ron's previous ones which means plenty of people will be set up to look guilty, some will act guilty, and a few won't be sure themselves that they aren't guilty. But in the end, it will be someone expendable and nonsensical...   

Like Jan after just pushing out a preemie to frame Belle.

Or Andre's ghost getting his revenge.

Harold because he hasn't had a raise after all his years at the house of horrors?

Don Criag back from mailing his letter???

Want to lol at this, but it’s so true it’s not even funny.

I would love it if it was Harold…he’s seen a lot going down in the D mansion. He could claim PTDS (post traumatic DiMera syndrome!

• LOL 10
13 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

I was also expecting to see Dr. Rolf or someone injecting Abs with the life bringing serum and maybe doing a body switch complete with Abs mask.

They will show that scene if/when she comes back.

• Like 1
  • Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 5
(edited)

Today was another stellar day of acting. especially from Billy Flynn.  I enjoyed all of his scenes today, especially his moments with Jake and Gabi.  And I really loved how emotional Gabi was about Abigail's death and I liked her realizing that they loved each other, but there was so much dark history to get through--frienemies definitely fits--and I'm kind of loving her scenes with Shin.

While I appreciated Gwen's saying she dropped the mug, I'm still not getting a lot of redemptive vibes from her.  Jack's trying to see some, but I don't think they are there.

Bye Tripp--I hope you find happiness out of Salem :)

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Like 2
  • Love 10

Wooowww, the show just did a total hatchet job and total regression on the characters of Jack and Jennifer today.  `Neither of them has made ANY mention of their other child.  It's disgusting that neither has said a word about JJ but finding out how Gwen is doing is priority.  You'd think JJ didn't exist, hell maybe RC killed him too, in the world of Jack and Jennifer Deveraux.  Nor has either gone to see Chad or their grandchildren.  There was much too much propping and setting up of other characters' stories to do.

Jennifer especially is nothing more than a glorified extra in the story of her own daughter's murder.  CM's version of Jennifer picked up right where she left off:  an empty vessel who is nothing more than Jack's "yes" woman, okaying all his Gwen bullshit no matter how stupid he sounds.  NO perspective of her own, nothing about how she's coping, just there to parrot Jack's bullshit.  It's as if nothing that happened the last time they were in town occurred.  This isn't who Jennifer is.  Jennifer is kind and forgiving, yes, but she's not a doormat.  Or a fool.  Not when it comes to Gwen's bullshit.  Not when she KNOWS it's not what Abigail would have wanted. No wonder Missy Reeves didn't want to come back for this bullshit.   Jennifer's only other purpose today was to further cement Lucas as suspect.  Trot Jennifer out to remind viewers that Lucas may have killed his sister's child.  Those scenes weren't about her at all.  

The less said about Jack the better.  He continues in death as he did in her life to utterly fail Abigail as a father.  Disappointing to say the least.  He has to make a super special trip to tell Gwen about Abby's death.  WHAT ABOUT JJ JACK!  Have you told him?  Have you or the Stepford version of your wife made ANY attempt to get in contact with him?  Fuck Gwen.  He spent more time grieving and expressing himself with her than he has with Jennifer.  The forcing of this fake relationship between Jack and Gwen is disgusting.  Of course, she has to start with presenting herself as the perpetual victim in telling him she had nothing to do with it.  He didn't even think she had anything to with her murder.  Really, Jack?  All she's done for two years is try to murder Abigail.  They really have to make him look like the stupidest fool ever to prop Gwen.  She put on the performance of her miserable life.  She's sorry?  Give Jennifer her condolences?  The audacity of this wench when it hasn't even been a day since you were plotting to stab Abby in the heart.  Nasty sociopath.  Bet she won't tell Jack all she knows about the night Abby was killed. 

RC should have taken out Jennifer and Jack along with Abby.  It's obvious he doesn't GAF about either of them other than to serve his pet or his murder mystery.  They've been twisted and mangled to an unrecognizable state to fit the plot.  

• Applause 7
  • Useful 1
  • Love 5

I'm fast forwarding through some of the Abigail aftermath so I wasn't sure if I missed it or not. Insane that they just aren't even mentioning JJ. I mean I get it, they either couldn't get him back or they just decided it wasn't worth the money and I won't blame them for that but they should acknowledge it. Sure, it'd be hard to come up with a good enough reason for him to not be there but I feel like ignoring him is more silly.

I love watching EOB play Gwen pretending like she cares that Abigail died. It's so different than when she plays Gwen having actual remorse or feelings. Plus it's just kind of funny lol.

• Like 2
  • Love 6

Yeah I think at this point JJ has been Bobby Martin'd (AMC Reference) and tbh its for the best if I'm correct. 

Tripp goes to Seattle to be with his siblings but none of them are going to return for the funeral?

They didn't think things through with this story but no surprise. 

• Like 1
  • Love 7
53 minutes ago, CanaryFan98 said:

They didn't think things through with this story but no surprise. 

Gasp!  Wuuuuut?!?!  They didn’t think this through?! But DOOL is the bestest soap that ever soap’d dontcha ya?  

• LOL 11

The actors who play Chad and EJ did a great job on Monday, and Billy Flynn is still nailing it.  But... there's some really bad acting by some other characters that is really taking me out of the scene/show. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
14 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Lucas and have a soft spot for BD but he is so bad lol.

He was bad a couple of years ago when he played drunk so naturally the show brings him back to do more of the same.  Unreal. 

I never thought much of MA's acting. He was best in the 80s but even then I never thought he was a great actor. He does some things well like throwing off a funny line but I never found him good in the dramatic stuff.   But since he's returned  in 2011 to today he's been so off.  Maybe its the quick turn around in the way they shoot but he's lost his way.   I still like Jack because he's a Johnson but the acting choices at times are really bad 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
(edited)

Why in the world did Jack think Gwen deserve to know, that she'd care or they'd reunite one day. Jack is the worst glad his birthday is ruined forever. Her tears just make me angry and just seeing her, she should be stabbed and gone. 

She seriously told him happy birthday? Yeah it's a great happy day. 

Doug and Julie deserves to know. Hope deserves to know. Mike deserves to know. Sonny, will, Ali, Ciara, Shawn, Eli, Maggie deserves to know. Gwen does not. 

Kate lied to Chad again to protect her kidnapping son. Chad needs to be done with her.

Nice to see Jake interact as family and his comforting Chad. Tony and Anna need to return.

Tripp couldn't wait to go to be there for Steve and Kayla? His cousin just was murdered, the other 2 should be flying in not him flying out.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Artsda said:

Why in the world did Jack think Gwen deserve to know, that she'd care or they'd reunite one day. Jack is the worst glad his birthday is ruined forever. Her tears just make me angry and just seeing her, she should be stabbed and gone. 

Gwen should be the one dead and the center of a murder mystery. But she's Ron's prized pet, so...

• Like 1
  • Applause 6
  • Love 6

I kinda of found it suspicious that Jake would go comfort  Chad.   They never seemed close.   Tried to think of a reason he would have to hurt Abigail.   Everyone is a suspect.  The writers probably don’t even know who did it.  

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I love Lucas and have a soft spot for BD but he is so bad lol.

I'm also talking about fakeJennifer. Maybe I'm partial to Melissa Reeves, but this replacement is pretty bad, IMO. 

• Love 6
(edited)

So Jack goes to the jail to visit Gwennie. Does she sit in that sad excuse for a cafeteria or whatever it is to wait for visitors all day? Prisons don't have regular visiting hours and guests need to call in advance to set up a visit? Maybe she needs to take up knitting or something. As if she cares that Abigail is gone. Even Ava dropped by, to ask if shedunit.

Why couldn't they just mention Tripp a bit longer til after the funeral so both cousins (half-siblings?) could visit Salem and ask him to go back to Seattle for a few weeks? That would make sense.

The DiMera Board PR people sure are quick to announce Abs' murder. Guess they don't want the stock prices to crash.

Lucas, the bandaged hand, your drinking, etc. is making you look circumstantially guilty. Kate should stop defending you and hiding that you kidnapped Sami.

I did like Gabi wanting to go after whoever killed Abigail. Guess the two were sort of frenemies.

Edited by Frozendiva
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, tribeca said:

I kinda of found it suspicious that Jake would go comfort  Chad.   They never seemed close.   Tried to think of a reason he would have to hurt Abigail.   Everyone is a suspect.  The writers probably don’t even know who did it.  

Shin is disposable.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
(edited)

Today was okay, I guess, except when it was utter horse shit.  Jack visiting Gwen fits in the latter category.  As has been said, MA's strength isn't delivering on the drama and he turned in what would have been embarrassing in a high school play.  I love Cady McClain, always have and always will, but she's too recent a recast to carry Jennifer's grief at losing her daughter.  Gwen isn't a very good liar and Jack buying her empathy makes him look like the proud owner of at least 5 deeds to the Brooklyn Bridge.  

Gabi seems sorta pointless in all this, as does Jake.  None of it exactly awful but not ..... great.

I'm also ready for Chad to dial it back a bit.  He got his Emmy reel the day before so ratchet it down a notch.  Hell, at least be kind to the viewers.  We still have to get through the screeching from Julie and we all know she'll be eating the scene and bellowing like a buffalo that collided with a semi over losing "darling Abigail".   She'll add that to her grief rap about "darling Nick".  I wish Gabi had installed a mute button in her instead of mucking about with her pace maker or whatever it was, that would have been a gift to the whole world.

And it seems that poor Thomas and Charlotte are still at Marlena's house.  Damn, imagine being that tiny and suddenly being bundled up by a woman they barely know - Belle - and then dropped off at Marlena's house where they'll be cared for by RoboMar and Crazy Susan.   Now that's child abuse.

Edited by boes
  • Like 1
  • LOL 17
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, tribeca said:

I would have found it suspicious if Jake hadn't reached out to Chad--even if you aren't close to someone, you still need to acknowledge their spouses untimely death.  I would love for this to bring Chad, EJ and Jake together, they don't have to be best friends but they can start to call each other family.

• Like 1
  • Love 8
13 hours ago, Swartz said:

I never thought much of MA's acting. He was best in the 80s but even then I never thought he was a great actor. He does some things well like throwing off a funny line but I never found him good in the dramatic stuff.   But since he's returned  in 2011 to today he's been so off.  Maybe its the quick turn around in the way they shoot but he's lost his way.   I still like Jack because he's a Johnson but the acting choices at times are really bad 

This so much. He gives me so much second-hand embarrassment.

10 hours ago, tribeca said:

As soon as Jake appeared, my sister was like, "Oh, Jake did it,' lol. I don't hate the idea tbh because Jake has just never worked imo. But also you are 100% right, the writers definitely wrote this story without knowing exactly who the killer would be, as always. They want to keep their options open.

• Love 9
5 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

As soon as Jake appeared, my sister was like, "Oh, Jake did it,' lol. I don't hate the idea tbh because Jake has just never worked imo.

This! 💯%‼️
I really want this, but I never get what I want on this soap, so 😑🫤

But if it were up to me

Sarah or Jake will do just fine🥺🙏

• Like 1
  • Love 1
On 6/15/2022 at 11:27 AM, Chellfairy said:

Want to lol at this, but it’s so true it’s not even funny.

I would love it if it was Harold…he’s seen a lot going down in the D mansion. He could claim PTDS (post traumatic DiMera syndrome!

Right on!

Guys, listen, I tried to watch the Chad/Kate scenes because y'all said they were ok..and I actually like those two...but it was sad. You can see the actors trying to pretend what they're doing makes some kind of sense. They know it's lame. They're still trying though. Bless 'em.

Chad wouldn't do that. Kate wouldn't do that.

...is there anything on this show that's believable anymore?

• LOL 1
  • Love 2