Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

32 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I personally think she does seem to feel remorseful honesty. Overall though, MM is playing Abigail as a bit blasé during this whole ordeal so she does seem kinda glib.

Great point.

Can Abigail get the antidote so we don't have to live through this long, national nightmare much longer?

• LOL 1
  • Love 3

Meh. The only one I blame for this Sarah/Renée ridiculousness is Krazy Kristen, not Abigail. If Kristen hadn't kidnapped Sarah to begin with - and all because Sarah caught Kristen being a criminal again! - none of the ensuing shit would have even happened.

I hope Sarah as Renée kills Kristen for...reasons...and then goes completely free because of mental illness or whatnot.

I am so damned tired of Kristen, who is 30 years past her sell-by date. End her, already!

• Love 22
57 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I believe that was a robe and pajamas. Jack was also wearing a robe and pajamas. It was supposed to be super early in the morning.

That's right; it was 6am. So she was wearing a black robe, not cardigan, and Beetlejuice pajamas!

🎵Work all night on a drink of rum
Daylight come and me wan' go home...
🎵

• LOL 8
  • Love 1

Watching today’s episode wondering if EJ is still a character on this show ?

Sarah is so tiny.  You need to watch out for those girls.  Although I think Anna can fend for herself.  Tony on the other hand lol.  

I wanted Gwen’s dream to be real.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, WendyCR72 said:

Meh. The only one I blame for this Sarah/Renée ridiculousness is Krazy Kristen, not Abigail. If Kristen hadn't kidnapped Sarah to begin with - and all because Sarah caught Kristen being a criminal again! - none of the ensuing shit would have even happened.

I hope Sarah as Renée kills Kristen for...reasons...and then goes completely free because of mental illness or whatnot.

I am so damned tired of Kristen, who is 30 years past her sell-by date. End her, already!

I agree if there was one thing I could change in Days history(well if I had to choose one there's so much) it would be that Kristen stayed in slavery back in 1999 never to be heard from again. We would be spared a lot.

• Love 8

Kayla, you know Maggie has been worried about her daughter. She is an adult, so maybe she can leave the hospital. You just don't hold off informing her that her daughter is back in town until you do tests. You have staff at the hospital who can call her.

Where did Sarahnee find clothes at the DiMansion? Did she raid Gabi's closet? That is about the only person living there who is close in size to her.

I enjoyed Gwen's nightmare about being found out as an accomplice to Ava. Shouldn't Xander be suspicious that a wedding planner would be calling at 6 am? Unless it is an expected call, no one usually calls until business hours start. I would be suspicious.

I also liked Anna being angry at this Renee person. Tony is trying to do the right thing to be nice to 'Sarah'. They should have put the foot down and send her to Victor's place.

I liked Jack telling Xander the truth about Kristen impersonating Sarah and that she did not leave on her own accord. Again, his few Salem brain cells should start firing up.

• Love 9
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Where did Sarahnee find clothes at the DiMansion? Did she raid Gabi's closet? That is about the only person living there who is close in size to her.

She already had that dress on when she arrived at the Dimera mansion from the hospital. I guess she brought it back from the Island. Or stole it from somewhere on the way to the mansion lol.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

What gets me about this Sarahree portrayal is her seemingly unhinged obsession with Tony. Granted I was just a kid when the Tony/Renee relationship and sibling reveal happened but I don’t know if the real Renee was this er, um “focused” on Tony…?

• Love 4
On 3/3/2022 at 5:57 PM, Peanut6711 said:

For a second there, I was wondering who Steve and Kayla were gonna wake-up tomorrow and be too.  Would Steve think he was Neil Curtis? Alex Marshal? Eugene Bradford? Maybe Kayla would imagine she was Megan Hathaway? Tamara Price? Or Julie? 😱 

Well, not too long ago Steve thought he was Stephano. Maybe this time he can think he's Andre. Just wait for the explosive scene of Sarah/Renee confronting the man who murdered her as Steve/Andre attempts to attack her as the Salem Impaler. The boring, inane, and completely idiotic storyline pretty much writes itself. This is of course before we discover the classic Ron twist that Tommy Horton Jr. believes he's Forest Alamain who believes he's Brady and Abby's long lost son. I can see Ron patting himself on the back for this "groundbreaking" storyline as I type.

Kayla as Tamara could be hilarious. I can already imagine the big scene in the Horton Town Square were "Tamara" and Paulina are arguing over who is Lani's real mother. Kayla/Tamara will of course be completely oblivious that she's a white woman and in no way related to any other these black characters. This will of course lead her to kill TR to prove her motherhood to Lani. We'll of course discover that an offscreen Stephanie killed TR and framed Theo before it being revealed that Jo Johnson killed TR. Jo will announce this on her deathbed to Paulina who makes completely inappropriate facial reactions while waiting for the 227 laugh track to commence. 

On to the actual show, there is a huge mirror in the Dimera living room, and at one point, I could clearly see Sarahnee's reflection in it. Shouldn't Sarahnee realize that she looks completely different from Renee Dumonde, especially since she seems to recognize everyone else she comes in contact with.

I'm not a lawyer, but Abby admits that she was hit on the head. She's also been held hostage for some time in a high stress situation. It's also well known that she was given the same drug that Sarah is under the influence of, and this information is medically documented since Kayla mentioned Abby's treatment. Abby also has a long history of mental illness that even includes perceiving a false reality. Shouldn't Abby's testimony be easily refutable since she has no corroboration that Ava helped abduct her?

Xander has become as pointless as Tripp and Rafe. This show really needs to overhaul how they writer their male characters. 

So Sarah can just live in the Dimera Mansion now? This is as silly as E.J. just taking ownership of the mansion offscreen from Gabi, or the various people who live there who hate the owner - Chad, Abby, Johnny.

I'm finding some of the history references to be hamfisted and forced. I actually would have liked Renee to mention hiring Mickey Horton considering the obvious connection to Sarah. It also could have been a good acting moment for LG for Anna to tell her Mickey's deceased. A moment where the real Sarah's personality comes through. I know this is early in the story for a breakthrough moment, but the story isn't that good, so I don't care.

I feel the same way about the Sarah scene at the Horton Town Square, I thought we were going to get some quick flash of Sarah remembering her grandparents. Maybe even a flashback of a super young Sarah with Alice from the archives. We got nothing.

That doesn't mean she has to remember she's Sarah, but it could be something interesting for LG to play. However, it may be too similar with what's going on with Johnny and the Devil right now.

It's nice to see Jen on screen again in the Horton House. It's funny that while watching the scene I thought that Jen was a lot like Alice in her younger days than her current days. Jen used to be spunky, adventurous, inquisitive, and a spitfire. She also mostly had a keen insight on people. She doesn't have any of those qualities any more. 

• Love 6
On 3/4/2022 at 2:18 PM, BuckeyeLou said:

This whole Renee Dumond storyline is so frustrating!  Why hasnt anyone shown Sarah a photo of herself?  Or tell her that she is a Doctor who used to work in that hospital?  I hope they go get Maggie who could bring Family photos to convince "Renee" that she is really Sarah.  There are so many things people should be doing to help her.  I got a kick out of Anna & "Renee" fighting over "MY Tony" :)

You CAN'T even THINK about looking at this logically but this at least makes sense.  The diary obviously wouldn't have a picture of Renee in it so, of course Sarah has no idea what Renee should look like.  If she thinks she's Renee then Renee looks exactly like what she sees in the mirror.

Of course, since the diary doesn't have pictures, Sarah should not automatically be able to recognize Kayla (or even Tony and Anna) because how would she know what they looked like from a diary.  If she recognized them from her old life as Sarah, she should also recognize Steve, Chad and Abigail because she met them before.

On 3/4/2022 at 2:53 PM, Peanut6711 said:

I'm even more convinced after today's show that we're supposed to be drunk for this.  First, it was another day of ad nauseam reminders that Sarah thinks she's "Tony's old lover Renee Dumonde" as if Tony has so many lovers named Renee that her last name is necessary.  Then there's Kayla, the Chief of Staff doctor of everything who was able to take unlimited vacation days on no notice and return with the staff's other doctor who now needs a vacation on the psych floor.  Call in a shrink? No, Kayla must not have wanted to disturb Marlena's Valentine's Day. Or maybe she didn't want to risk Mardevil making a reappearance and messing up Sarah's already warped mind further. Notify her family? But no, can't upset Maggie. And yet, despite the fact that it's clear Sarah's elevator no longer goes to the top floor, Kayla more or less washes her hands of her and leaves so-not-sane Sarah at the Dimera House of Horrors where she got injected with the brain scrambling serum in the first place, dumping the problem on Tony and Ana, even though she's not really family.  I guess (I fear) we're in for weeks of Sarah being the most obnoxious houseguest since Susan last came screeching into town and puked on Marlena's carpet.  It's almost as if Ron read all the comments about how annoying Sarah's baby voice was, turned to his fellow staff writers and said, "They think she's annoying talking to Zander? Here, hold my beer."

Lastly, under that black cardigan, I'm pretty sure Jennifer was wearing a Beetlejuice suit.  

And the chicken was drugged making him think he's C.C. Capwell all these years!

The whole Renee Dumonde thing was driving me crazy.  No one, and I mean no one continually refers to someone by their first and last name.  Even when Sarah did the "reveal" she should have said something like "Come on Kayla. It's me, Renee"  instead of continuously referring to HERSELF by both names.  

On 3/4/2022 at 11:02 PM, Frozendiva said:

Kayla, you know Maggie has been worried about her daughter. She is an adult, so maybe she can leave the hospital. You just don't hold off informing her that her daughter is back in town until you do tests. You have staff at the hospital who can call her.

I enjoyed Gwen's nightmare about being found out as an accomplice to Ava. Shouldn't Xander be suspicious that a wedding planner would be calling at 6 am? Unless it is an expected call, no one usually calls until business hours start. I would be suspicious.

I also liked Anna being angry at this Renee person. Tony is trying to do the right thing to be nice to 'Sarah'. They should have put the foot down and send her to Victor's place.

I liked Jack telling Xander the truth about Kristen impersonating Sarah and that she did not leave on her own accord. Again, his few Salem brain cells should start firing up.

Yes, not even letting Maggie know what happened was beyond stupid.

I so want this whole Renee thing over with.  It's not interesting and I really don't need weeks of Sarah and Anna sniping at each other.

• Love 9
(edited)
15 hours ago, norcalgal said:

What gets me about this Sarahree portrayal is her seemingly unhinged obsession with Tony. Granted I was just a kid when the Tony/Renee relationship and sibling reveal happened but I don’t know if the real Renee was this er, um “focused” on Tony…?

I was a kid too when Tony and Renee were on the show. Renee was multifaceted and it is why she was so popular. Renee was great with Tony David and Alex Marshall. 

Renee did go dark like a typical Dimera after she learned that Anna was pregnant with Tony's baby shortly after she had miscarried her own baby by David, Julie's son.  She really hated Julie and the Horton clan who treated her like shit.  Renee wanted to get rid of Anna and the baby to get Tony back. Her machinations led to Anna miscarrying her baby.  

Ron is using a period of Renee's life to make her one note in his version of Renee/Sarah.  She was a complex character and sympathetic despite her heinous acts.  She wanted to be loved and accepted. The Tony/Renee romance was very popular with the viewers. Their brief reunion before she was murdered by Andre was bittersweet..

Edited by Pearson80
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, bunnyblue said:

I haven't watch the show this week, but judging by a few comments it looks like Jack & Jennifer (MR's version) are back in town? Can anyone tell me what day they were on exactly?

Thursday and Friday

• Useful 1
(edited)

I'm curious what year I'm-not-Sarah-I'm-Renee-Dumonde thinks it is.  Surely the diary entries are dated, which since that's where all her info has come from, she should believe it's 1983.  Kristin could have easily withheld newspapers and such from her on the island, but I guess Kayla skipped cognitive questions like Who is president? and What year is it? during her exam, and never showed her a current newspaper.  

Though personally I'm still waiting for someone to tell her she's dead. 

200?cb=20170430143251

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 2
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Peanut6711 said:

I'm curious what year I'm-not-Sarah-I'm-Renee-Dumonde thinks it is.  Surely the diary entries are dated, which since that's where all her info has come from, she should believe it's 1983.  Kristin could have easily withheld newspapers and such from her on the island, but I guess Kayla skipped cognitive questions like Who is president? and What year is it? during her exam, and never showed her a current newspaper.  

200?cb=20170430143251

There are more holes in this storyline than there are in Julie's head.

Sarah/Renee is sitting in Horton Square, which didn't exist in her time - looking at Tom and Alice's plaque and she acts like it's perfectly normal.  In "her" day, Tom and Alice were still alive yet she doesn't seem to skip a beat seeing that memorial.....just wait till she sees a cell phone, a laptop, or wonder why she can't buy cigarettes at the drug store.  

I could use a smoke myself, trying to make sense of this nonsense.

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Someone already did.

Sarah is messed up mentally because of the drug so all the inconsistencies actually make sense imo. She's confused.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1
29 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

Someone already did.

I must have missed that. Who told her and what was her reaction?  Wait, let me guess, she said something like, "You're confused, Silly." *giggle, giggle*

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, boes said:

Sarah/Renee is sitting in Horton Square, which didn't exist in her time - looking at Tom and Alice's plaque and she acts like it's perfectly normal.  In "her" day, Tom and Alice were still alive yet she doesn't seem to skip a beat seeing that memorial.....just wait till she sees a cell phone, a laptop

Sooooo much this! One could argue because of the drug, Sarahnee could pooh pooh away Tom and Alice being dead (she met and knew them so they’re of first hand knowledge to her) UNLIKE things like cell phones, laptops, the Internet etc., etc. which “Renee” had no personal knowledge of so can’t be explained away as easily. 
And oh yeah, if Prince William and Prince Harry existed in her time as babies, how does Sarahnee explain how they’re now grown men with babies of their own?!  Feel free to do same for any other famous people who existed in Renee’s time who are now grown or dead. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, norcalgal said:

And oh yeah, if Prince William and Prince Harry existed in her time as babies

Since we're blowing holes in Ron and Jamey's crap, I'll just point out that William existed, but Harry did not, as he was not born until 1984, a year after the real Renée was murdered!

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
14 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

I must have missed that. Who told her and what was her reaction?  Wait, let me guess, she said something like, "You're confused, Silly." *giggle, giggle*

I don't remember who, probably Steve and Kayla, but yes that was her reaction lol.

The thing is, Sarah doesn't actually have Renee's memories. She just read her diary and because of her drug addled mind she's sort of taken on that persona. So the things that don't make sense aren't really that strange to me. 

I don't mind this story and would probably love it if it weren't for that fact that LG is so fucking annoying.

• Love 5
(edited)
53 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't mind this story and would probably love it if it weren't for that fact that LG is so fucking annoying.

BRAVO!!!

This is going to sound strange, but this storyline, more than any other, makes me wish Hope was on canvas.

Hear me out.

There are so few characters who I consider "core" Hortons left, and the Sarah Horton/Renee Dumonde story could be a wonderful Horton women storyline that brings 3 generations together. Maggie/Julie/Hope/Jennifer/Ciara/Abby/ and I guess Allie although she feels a little disjointed with the other names listed working together to help Sarah Horton get her memory back and reacclimate her to the Horton family could be a storyline that honors the Horton legacy. Sarah never really felt like a Horton, so this could be a perfect way to make the Horton family feel cohesive again. 

Ciara's pregnancy also gives the storyline a natural culmination point. The birth of Addison (Addie) Brady Weston coinciding with Sarah's memory reveal in the Horton House could be a natural and beautiful ending that brings the Horton women together, and could facilitate some much needed relationships among Ciara/Abby/Sarah/Allie. All four are mothers (I'm including Mickey Horton even though she is deceased) and in the mid 20s to early 30s age range, so a relationship between the four seems natural. It could also aid in the 4 women - Sarah, Abby, Ciara, Allie - feeling like core Hortons the same way their mothers and aunt - in Allie's case - feel like core Hortons.

Instead, we'll get Sarah living in the Dimera house - with E.J. in jail who has authority to let her live there/ remove her from the premises - fighting with Anna over a man who looks like he can be her great-grandfather. 

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Useful 3
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 4evaQuez said:

BRAVO!!!

This is going to sound strange, but this storyline, more than any other, makes me wish Hope was on canvas.

Hear me out.

There are so few characters who I consider "core" Hortons left, and the Sarah Horton/Renee Dumonde story could be a wonderful Horton women storyline that brings 3 generations together. Maggie/Julie/Hope/Jennifer/Ciara/Abby/ and I guess Allie although she feels a little disjointed with the other names listed working together to help Sarah Horton get her memory back and reacclimate her to the Horton family could be a storyline that honors the Horton legacy. Sarah never really felt like a Horton, so this could be a perfect way to make the Horton family feel cohesive again. 

Ciara's pregnancy also gives the storyline a natural culmination point. The birth of Addison (Addie) Brady Weston coinciding with Sarah's memory reveal in the Horton House could be a natural and beautiful ending that brings the Horton women together, and could facilitate some much needed relationships among Ciara/Abby/Sarah/Allie. All four are mothers (I'm including Mickey Horton even though she is deceased) and in the mid 20s to early 30s age range, so a relationship between the four seems natural. It could also aid in the 4 women - Sarah, Abby, Ciara, Allie - feeling like core Hortons the same way their mothers and aunt - in Allie's case - feel like core Hortons.

Instead, we'll get Sarah living in the Dimera house - with E.J. in jail who has authority to let her live there/ remove her from the premises - fighting with Anna over a man who looks like he can be her great-grandfather. 

That would be a beautiful story to tell about the Hortons but we no longer get character-driven stories.  We get the likes of Ron who does not have the talent to write anything beyond the campy drivel that he has written..

• Love 7
2 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I don't remember who, probably Steve and Kayla, but yes that was her reaction lol.

The thing is, Sarah doesn't actually have Renee's memories. She just read her diary and because of her drug addled mind she's sort of taken on that persona. So the things that don't make sense aren't really that strange to me. 

I'll admit, Tasty Chicken Island has been more entertaining than the other stories right now. And I get that unlike previous 'I think I'm someone else' stories Sarah wasn't injected with that person's actual memories, but rather just recreated them in her head based off the diary after having her brain thoroughly scrambled.  Which I'm a little torn on. On one hand, I think we've had enough people with brain chips so I'm open to a new take. However, this way gives Ron waaay too much leeway. He can sloppily write plot hole after plot hole and then just go, "Oh well, her brain is mush." Like the possession storyline, he needs to establish parameters and operate within them, which he's not doing.  And the result seems to be making all the characters around her look stupid too since their brains aren't scrambled and thus they should be acting like responsible adults now that they are back in Salem, not letting Sarah run free thinking she is someone who is long dead and doing whatever she wants. 

Quick side story, last week one of my kids asked how Renee died. I replied, "She was killed by a serial killer." My hubs piped in, "Ben?"  🤣

Anyways, I think, this story would work better with an actor/actress playing a former character that they had either an uncanny resemblance to or strongly put viewers in mind of.  I don't think anyone has ever said "boy LG reminds me of PS" so it makes viewers who do remember PS have a harder time with this story because you're thinking of PS as Renee and seeing LG trying to be Renee, and going, "that's not Renee." And Ron gets away with it because his response will be "but it's Sarah's fried mind's take on Renee." Which is true, except LG's take on Sarah's fried mind thinking she's Renee is so random and child-like that Sarah might as well think she's Cleopatra? Joan of Arc? Martha Washington? Mary Lou Retton? Lucile Ball?...yes I think LG would do better if Sarah thought she was Lucy.  If only the Dimera Key West house's library had a bigger autobiography section. 

tumblr_mt73hpST0r1r4c6cho1_500.gif&ehk=F

• LOL 2
  • Love 7

Last week Saranee thought Sarah Horton was a toddler. Today she thinks the adult in the picture w/Zander (who she thinks is Alex) is Sarah Horton…with Alex????  Plus she thinks she’s a 60 year old woman who’s just aged well. 🙄

Also, Saranee now thinks she’s been brought back from the dead thanks to her daddy because half of Salem was dead once. Except when Renee Dumonde was alive that actually wasn’t a common occurrence. Back then most of the Salemites didn’t have dead experiences like they do today.

Oh Ron, you can keep throwing shit at the wall, but if you think it’s sticking w/the viewers maybe you’ve had your own brain scrambled.

Can’t wait to see what expert attorney Saranee hired. Since EJ’s in jail I assume it’s not him so that just leaves Justin, Belle, or pilot Ned.

1 hour ago, buffynut said:

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to watch, but I couldn't take another round of Dimera CEO musical chairs, so turned it off.  

I can't say I blame you. The Dimera board meeting was as nonsensical as this Renee bullshit.  

• Love 7
57 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Maybe I just wasn't in the mood to watch, but I couldn't take another round of Dimera CEO musical chairs, so turned it off.  

But it was so much fun lol. 
Kates hair looked great.  She was the smartest one in the room. Even though she had reasons to not help Jake she was trying to put the business first and help Chad.   
   Not sure what was going with Shin.  I missed a few episodes. 
Jakes facial expression at the end seeing the devils eyes cracked me up.  Since Jake is Bens only real friend.  It makes sense that he will be more involved in this storyline. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

So is Sarahnee "recognizing" Xander, albeit as some dude named Alex, a sign that she's confused and is actually seeing bits of her actual life coming through? Dear God I hope so, because then this stupid story line may come to a close sooner than later.

• Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, Peanut6711 said:

Lucile Ball?...yes I think LG would do better if Sarah thought she was Lucy.  If only the Dimera Key West house's library had a bigger autobiography section. 

tumblr_mt73hpST0r1r4c6cho1_500.gif&ehk=F

Now you've got me wishing Sarah thought she was Little Ricky's babysitter, Mrs. Trumbull.

I'm sure Sarah could pull off  the shawl and orthopedic oxford look.

I just know it.

Edited by boes
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2
13 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

So is Sarahnee "recognizing" Xander, albeit as some dude named Alex, a sign that she's confused and is actually seeing bits of her actual life coming through? Dear God I hope so, because then this stupid story line may come to a close sooner than later.

I think she just assumed Zander was Alex Marshall, who was Renee's husband, based off the way Zander approached her.  

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Peanut6711 said:

I think she just assumed Zander was Alex Marshall, who was Renee's husband, based off the way Zander approached her.  

Fair point. I did miss Xander's initial approach. I was in the other room and came back when she was already screeching about how she was Renee Dumoooooonde.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
(edited)

I'm really, really enjoying Johnny/Carson Boatman.  Hopefully when the Devil finds his next body, Johnny will keep some of his swagger and humor.

Also, I can't believe I'm still enjoying Ava.  I used to dislike this character so very much. 

ETA:  The less said about Renee DuMonde the better.  What a tedious, stupid story.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, RunningMarket said:

Fair point. I did miss Xander's initial approach. I was in the other room and came back when she was already screeching about how she was Renee Dumoooooonde.

He called her Sarah, which of course pissed her off, and made her think he was also in on the scheme to convince her she was Sarah, also playing into her deduction that he must be Alex, out to screw her over.  Now I can't begin to explain how Saranee thinks that the real Sarah would be in a picture with Alex after Zander showed her that photo of them on his phone. Not to mention, she must think Alex also "aged well." 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
2 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

He called her Sarah, which of course pissed her off, and made her think he was also in on the scheme to convince her she was Sarah, also playing into her deduction that he must be Alex, out to screw her over.  Now I can't begin to explain how Saranee thinks that the real Sarah would be in a picture with Alex after Zander showed her that photo of them on his phone. Not to mention, she must think Alex also "aged well." 

She and Alex have aged terribly well, but she is so blinded by her twu wuv for Tony she doesn't seem to notice he's not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

And as others have noted earlier, wouldn't Renee wonder WTF that device was "Alex" was holding? Smart phones didn't exist then.

So.Many.Issues.

• Love 13
(edited)
36 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

As soon as she started that Dumonde crap today, I made the motion of throwing back an invisible shot.  My hubs looked at me and said," Are you thirsty?" He thought I was trying to convey I needed a glass of water w/out interrupting the show.  Apparently, I forgot to clue him into my Ron's Drinking Game theory. 

24 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

She and Alex have aged terribly well, but she is so blinded by her twu wuv for Tony she doesn't seem to notice he's not exactly a spring chicken anymore.

And as others have noted earlier, wouldn't Renee wonder WTF that device was "Alex" was holding? Smart phones didn't exist then.

So.Many.Issues.

I too thought she was going to ask about the cell phone. I thought it was going to turn out she was more interested in the device than the picture. 

Mr. Peanut6711's comment of the day regarding Tony's handling of Saranee: "Does he have a ball sack?" 🤣

Edited by Peanut6711
  • LOL 9
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, RunningMarket said:

But it's not like she's been given Renee's essence ala Steve with Stefano or that she's been like transported back in time. This is still Sarah, hopped up on a mind-altering drug that's caused her to convince herself she's another person. 

JoDevil continues to be fun as hell. I also liked Johnny calling himself Johnny Angel when he was talking to him. It felt like kind of a shout out lol.

I usually don't give a shit about Gabi/Jake but since they've brought JoDevil into it I'm mildly interested. The Dimera boardroom scenes were fun.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6

I can't believe they have a clearly mentally ill woman wandering around Salem and nobody has sectioned her. Heck they tossed Doug into Bayview and he was pretty coherent. Sarah as a) been injected with mind altering drugs and b) thinks she is somebody else and Kayla is just all oh well I can't hold her?? I realize for plot points it is more 'fun' to have her hanging out making Anna's life hell and mistaking Xander for Alex (gosh I miss Quinn Redecker) but like most of us here I hate LG's performance, her constant telling Tony he is getting a divorce, and that we have to put up with this until she gets her memory back right when Xander and Gwen tie the knot.

• Love 13
30 minutes ago, peachmangosteen said:

But it's not like she's been given Renee's essence ala Steve with Stefano or that she's been like transported back in time. This is still Sarah, hopped up on a mind-altering drug that's caused her to convince herself she's another person. 

So DOOL wants to have it every which way.

• Sarahnee is living in the past (she's still married to Alex and Don Craig is still in Salem) but
  • Sarahnee has all of the real Sarah's modern experiences (knows about Salemnites returning from the dead, is familiar with smart phones, etc.)

This makes this story even more stupid than it already is because Sarahnee can exist in whatever time period the writers dream up!  Logic? Consistency?  What's that?! No such thing exists, amirite?

• Useful 1
  • Love 10

I don't know, I just don't think it's that strange. I mean, the whole thing is strange lol but those inconsistencies make sense to me in the context.

28 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I can't believe they have a clearly mentally ill woman wandering around Salem and nobody has sectioned her.

This is what's really irritating (well this and LG's horrible acting). Kayla just washed her hands of it, which is funny but further proof she's a terrible doctor.

• Love 11

Also not that I care about Dimera but why didn't Kate at least phone Chad and Tony? She just took Jonny's word for it ffs

And sick of the devil and his super powers. Boring and lazy writing 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, brisbydog said:

I realize for plot points it is more 'fun' to have her hanging out making Anna's life hell and mistaking Xander for Alex (gosh I miss Quinn Redecker) but like most of us here I hate LG's performance, her constant telling Tony he is getting a divorce, and that we have to put up with this until she gets her memory back right when Xander and Gwen tie the knot.

I haven't gotten a chance to watch today's episode yet; however, I Googled Alex Marshall/Quinn Redecker out of curiosity. This man looks absolutely nothing like Xander.

Also, I had no idea Alex was such a major villain for almost a decade or that he was Nick Fallon's grandfather. According to Wiki, the character left the show still alive. I wonder why they never brought him back, especially when Nick was on the show.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

Also, I had no idea Alex was such a major villain for almost a decade or that he was Nick Fallon's grandfather. According to Wiki, the character left the show still alive. I wonder why they never brought him back, especially when Nick was on the show.

Well, Quinn Redeker went to Y&R and was on there for a good decade playing Rex Sterling, husband to Jeanne Cooper's Katherine Chancellor, so that may be it. (By the time the character there was killed off, I think he was getting up in years. Never watched Y&R, but my grandmother loved all the CBS soaps, so I'm familiar - a little - with them.) As it says Alex left in 1987, and Rex premiered the same year, he must have just jumped from one soap to the other.

Guessing he has retired since he has not been on anything I know of since. (His bio says he was born in 1936, so he'd be around 85/86 now.)

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
15 minutes ago, 4evaQuez said:

I haven't gotten a chance to watch today's episode yet; however, I Googled Alex Marshall/Quinn Redecker out of curiosity. This man looks absolutely nothing like Xander.

I loved Alex. Such a fun villain. And two of his wives made a huge scene at a party telling everyone they hated them and were promptly murdered. He had a type lol

His big love was Sister Marie Horton though 

• Love 9
8 minutes ago, brisbydog said:

I loved Alex. Such a fun villain. And two of his wives made a huge scene at a party telling everyone they hated them and were promptly murdered. He had a type lol

His big love was Sister Marie Horton though 

Agree, Alex was a fun character.  His scheming, snipping, and sparring with Emma was always entertaining. 

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, Peanut6711 said:

Agree, Alex was a fun character.  His scheming, snipping, and sparring with Emma was always entertaining. 

Watching that old Renée clip at their engagement/wedding party, I love how Renée's hatred of him did not even faze Alex and after Renée ran off, he invited everyone to have champagne!

To connect this to now, it would be a treat to see Alex back, but he would only be wasted on this shit. QR/Alex deserves better.

• Love 8
(edited)

That shareholder meeting was illegal to not have the rest even informed they just have 4 people. Also they had no proxies, so the rest can just do another meeting tomorrow and revote. 

Theo, Sydney, Tony, Peter, Kristen, Chad, and Kate trump Jake, Gabi, and Johnny how?

Considering how Chad lied to get EJ jailed, he deserves to be kicked out and played and EJ should kick him out of house too. 

Gwen talking to God is eye rolling. She should be struck by lightning. She just knocked to kill Abby out, shoved her in a bag and kidnapped her from her children. Then she asks if it's punishment she's figure out. 

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 10
21 minutes ago, Artsda said:

Gwen talking to God is eye rolling. She should be struck by lightning. She just knocked to kill Abby out, shoved her in a bag and kidnapped her from her children. Then she asks if it's punishment she's figure out. 

Ms. Retcon should be killed by said lightning. She wastes valuable space.

• Love 8