Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

There's something pretty soapy to mine from Paul trying to get over Sonny by pursuing Will, who he has no idea is Sonny's husband.

So do we think the Will/Paul thing is a one-off or is going to spark a full-on affair?

• Love 2

There's something pretty soapy to mine from Paul trying to get over Sonny by pursuing Will, who he has no idea is Sonny's husband.

So do we think the Will/Paul thing is a one-off or is going to spark a full-on affair?

I guess we might have our answer today. In that interview that Artsda posted, CS mentioned sex scenes (plural), but that could just be yesterday carrying over to today.

FS said that Paul and Will don't know who each other are, so for sure if they drag that out, more stuff can happen between Paul and Will in the interim.

• Love 1

Can't comment directly on the episode yet because I have yet to watch it. However, I have to say that I for one am just floored that the show was able to keep Will sleeping with Paul under wraps pretty much up until the day (or was it the day before) it actually aired. They are really keeping a tight lid on spoilers. Kudoz to them. I don't think I have been this surprised by a story taking an unexpected twist since Sami shot EJ. I just hope this story has a better payoff. 

This board and others seem to be revitalized. So happy to come on here and have so much to catch up on.

Yes, Sneasel ended up going for Round 2, but I understood how that happened - the conversation ended up turning to Paul's emotions about being a closeted gay man, and that kind of pulled Sneasel out of himself and away from thoughts of Sonny and focused on Paul again. I don't think it shows that he didn't feel guilty at any point, although certainly his guilt was rather fleeting. Plus, it fits in with a particular emotion that people often have, which is that basically that he blew it already, so he may as well get in deeper. You know, the same motivation as, if you've already broken your diet with whatever you ordered for dinner, then you may as well just have the dessert too; if you've already racked up $500 on a spending spree you may as well go ahead and get that other $50 thing you want too, etc. It just doesn't matter anymore. Of course, later you realize that's not true and regret digging yourself a deeper hole, but it's a legitimate (and dangerous) mood in the moment.

The British have an old saying that I use time and time again in such situation: "in for a penny, in for a pound."

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 4

I wondered if I would be less harsh on Will if Chandler Massey was still playing him. He might have smirked in the afterglow, but that seems preferable to me than the non-expression this Will constantly has on his face. Cheating is coming on soaps, but the way the actor performs his facial expressions while doing the cheating can make me ....less likely to want to punch him or her in the face. Heck, Marlena can't even move her face, but I was willing to give her a pass for the sex-on-a-desk stuff with John (okay, the context for how they wound up cheating helped me to be more forgiving but when her plastic face is more tolerable to me right now than Will's, there's a problem!). 

Edited by bantering

Heh. "Pound." (Yes,  I'm twelve.)

LOL, I was wondering who was going to take the bait. That's the first thing I thought, but i didn't want to say it!

Why is she doing this to us.

What's worrying is that she doesn't have an active story, so why would they need her to extend? It could be an outright renewal.

• Love 3

Can't comment directly on the episode yet because I have yet to watch it. However, I have to say that I for one am just floored that the show was able to keep Will sleeping with Paul under wraps pretty much up until the day (or was it the day before) it actually aired. They are really keeping a tight lid on spoilers. Kudoz to them. I don't think I have been this surprised by a story taking an unexpected twist since Sami shot EJ. I just hope this story has a better payoff. 

I agree. I'm so used to seeing things coming from a mile away, but this is a very pleasant surprise. Well, not pleasant, this is Will we're talking about, but still a surprise! 

I don't know where any of these stories are headed, and I like that. 

• Love 1

I'm enjoying Paul in general and I know that permanent and transient Salemites aren't known for the collective brain power, but how dumb would Paul have to be to hang out in Salem for weeks/months and not know who Will HORTON is and how's he's connected to the other people in town including his Kiriakis husband.

I know, I know, but sometimes Show takes it too far.

• Love 5

Praise St. Daniel, Will and Paul were actually stopped from going for seconds! Poor Sonny outside the door, and TMZ Bellhop needs to be fired.

I knew Sonny wouldn't see them yet, but he did realize someone was in the shower. I'm glad Paul snapped at Will-they just used each other for sex. Paul was pissed that he is losing points with Sonny.

Ugh with Sneasel still punting for Paul to come out in his article. Is he sure he didn't sleep with him to get the scoop?

At least Sneasel looked guilty when he put his ring back on. And unbeknownst to him TMZ Bellhop saw him do it. Here comes blackmail. How many times times has Sneasel been blackmailed now?

At least this means no more sex has to happen for him to get caught. Improvement from EJabby. I was also pleased Willass told Paul it can't happen again.

I would prefer it if Will and Paul get blindsided by this instead of the usual threats and handwringing when soap characters are blackmailed.

Paul gave the ball back. That ball is going to come into play (pardon the pun) I'm guessing.

I think Sneasel is going to have a panic attack when he comes home to a sweet Sonny and realizes what he's done. Classic soap trope that one person tries to mend fences while the other feels more guilty and pulls away.

I hate Brady for yelling at Theresa and so typical that the Theresa baby story would become about Melanie.

Why doesn't Eric just sleep with Serena?

I predict Nicole will invite another psycho to Salem and everyone will blame her when it all goes pear-shaped.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 1

I'm glad Paul snapped at Will-they just used each other for sex. Paul was pissed that he is losing points with Sonny.

Ha, go Paul!

But here's a question (I haven't seen it yet)...if Will is insisting it can't happen again, why not just tell Paul he's with someone?  Because he's still trying to stay on Paul's good side to get the scoop, me thinks?

Edited by TeeVee329

Why do we need to hear about Melanie's lost baby in the Theresa baby story? DAYS, Please don't grasp at straws and try to make this story more convoluted than it needs to be. I liked how Melanie tried to be there for Theresa but when she started talking about her lost baby my eyes glazed over.

I thought I would enjoy Nicole and Daniel sex more, but it was kind of boring.

Serena and Eric's couch kissing was pretty damn steamy. He pulls back and I have to remember he was a boring priest.

Brady was awfully judgmental today, but Theresa was annoyingly catty too. I wish the writers would include a few softer scenes between them.

Still enjoying the hell out of Will/Sonny/Paul.

• Love 4

That was fairly well done with Paul/Will/Sonny today.  I OMG'd out loud a few times.

Brady can suck it.  I guess he's not so far along in the Twelve Steps that he's stopped blaming others, or just blaming Theresa.  Theresa and Nicole are pretty much at fault for everything bad that happens, ever.

• Love 3

Ha, go Paul!

But here's a question (I haven't seen it yet)...if Will is insisting it can't happen again, why not just tell Paul he's with someone?  Because he's still trying to stay on Paul's good side to get the scoop, me thinks?

Probably. Paul asked why they can't 'see' each other again and Will said it was because it was 'complicated'. Sneasel was very vehement in his denial that he slept with Paul for the story and based on other factors, I think that's true. I think he's just taking this ruthless ambition thing to the extreme.

But if the writers make it so that Sneasel cheated on Sonny just to get this scoop I am done with him.

• Love 1

I have to say, Christopher Sean is bringing it.  He makes it easy to see how much Paul still loves Sonny.

I can never figure out what the hell Will is supposed to be thinking.  No comment on the shower faces, LOL.

• Love 5

Will really needs to go to journalism school.  Or maybe shadow the star reporter of the local elementary school for a while.

I never liked this career turn for him. He looks inept and I don't even think he enjoys it. Will was good at computers and that's what he should have stuck to. He could have worked at Titan or DE and had conflict because of Chad vs. Sonny.

Maybe Will could learn from Nicole if he sticks with writing, she was his stepmom for a few years. Will actually reminds me a lot of Nicole because of the questionable ethics and the self-sabotage. Except he's dumber than she is.

• Love 1

Maybe Will could learn from Nicole if he sticks with writing, she was his stepmom for a few years. Will actually reminds me a lot of Nicole because of the questionable ethics and the self-sabotage. Except he's dumber than she is.

And the questionable taste in clothes (sorry, Nicole).

• Love 1

Yes Shrewena, fuck Eric and his relatives, you know they're not important, what's more important is what he owes her a damn piece of paper with a photo on it. No, she didn't want a photo, Eric owes her some dick, of course why not. I don't understand why women keep pushing up on Eric? He must have a really big stick swinging between his legs or it gives off some mystical powers or something. Here we go again with the safe, does she not know what's in there or in that envelope? Is she hoping what's in there is going to change?

Sorry, just can't imagine sex with Dingy *shudder*. I hate seeing scenes of him in bed. He just looks so unwashed. I wasn't even paying attention to their scenes to even care what they're talking about.

Derrick is one lousy ass worker, goodness me. How original another shower scene, are writers capable of writing something that doesn't flashback to something that wasn't recycled a year ago. Our eyes are just starting to recover from EJ having species sex with Jar Jar. Now we have to look at that little gerbil in the shower. Seems that Derrick is going to spill the beans or jealous because he didn't get any from Sparkle.

What I don't understand is why Dumbass Brady keeps popping up at the hospital, knowing full well that Theresa works there. He's the one that said that he and Theresa need to stay away from each other yet he keeps showing up and running into her. When she got away from Brady to go to the waiting/break room he follows her there just to basically to talk down to her.

Also like Nicole I would wish that guy on the phone talking to her would get on with it. I hate people who just beat around the bush.

Toothy needs to shut up, she doesn't like Dingy seeing Nicole, but I'm sure no father would approve of her seeing a damn alcoholic junkie who gets on his high horse about other people.

I don't want to see that little gerbil shirtless again. *another shudder*.

My poor Sonny, he can come to me for grief sex, I'll convert him. 

How I'm hoping that Victor has other plans and leaves Naggie in Chicago permanently.

• Love 2

Haven't watched today's episode yet, I need to gird my loins before viewing anymore scenes with Will.

If Will had only girded HIS loins we wouldn't be in this fix!

• Love 5

Theresa sure does make it hard for anyone to care about her. Every single time someone tries to treat her like a human being she responds with nastiness and rudeness and then acts hurt and offended when they dish it right back to her.

Sparkle is so aggravating and bipolar. He wants Sonny back but he seemed disappointed when Will told him they couldn't have sex anymore. He wants to play with Will's balls some more but then has to lie to Sonny about someone else being there...why? Does he want to be in a secret relationship with Sonny while playing catch with Will on the side? And why the hell did Sonny have the nerve to get mad when he found out Sparkle had another guy in the room. If he doesn't want Sparkle back then he shouldn't feel any type of way about him hooking up with someone else. What's it to him? All three of these people are acting ridiculous.

• Love 4

Theresa sure does make it hard for anyone to care about her. Every single time someone tries to treat her like a human being she responds with nastiness and rudeness and then acts hurt and offended when they dish it right back to her.

Sparkle is so aggravating and bipolar. He wants Sonny back but he seemed disappointed when Will told him they couldn't have sex anymore. He wants to play with Will's balls some more but then has to lie to Sonny about someone else being there...why? Does he want to be in a secret relationship with Sonny while playing catch with Will on the side? And why the hell did Sonny have the nerve to get mad when he found out Sparkle had another guy in the room. If he doesn't want Sparkle back then he shouldn't feel any type of way about him hooking up with someone else. What's it to him? All three of these people are acting ridiculous.

Sonny does seem to be a tad jealous of Paul diddling someone else. Maybe he disapproves of Paul being secretive and still carrying on with the same behavior he displayed when they were together? After all, Paul said to Sonny that he was willing to come out.

I actually felt embarrassed for Sneasel because Paul did not give a damn about him after Sonny showed up. Will is lucky he doesn't have feelings for Paul. Paul seems like the type that would get irritated if Will became too clingy and Will's fragile self-esteem would be crushed. Paul is definitely not the type of guy you risk everything for. Unless you're Sonny apparently.

If Sonny gives in and sleeps with Paul too, I don't think my shipper heart could take it. The story works better if one part of the pairing has a moral high ground, although these unresolved feelings between Paul and Sonny are a timebomb on their own.

When Sonny finds out that Will was the guy in the room, will he be angry that Will slept with Paul or jealous that Paul slept with Will?

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 3

When Sonny finds out that Will was the guy in the room, will he be angry that Will slept with Paul or jealous that Paul slept with Will?

I think he'll be hurt that Paul was with Will, even if Paul didn't know he was sleeping with Sonny's husband (Paul right now doesn't realized he's sleeping with anyone's husband or boyfriend).

But his bigger reaction has to be his husband cheating on him.  Getting distracted from that by the Paul angle wouldn't work for me.

• Love 3

What was the Will acting trying to portray in that shower scene?  Was he wondering why Paul hadn't join him?  Was be feeling bad about cheating on Sonny?  Was he constipated?  Passing gas?  I don't have a clue because his face never changes.

Anyway, can they please never show Will in the shower again, or that scarf guy with his shirt off period?

Edited by Tiger
  • Love 2

I never bothered to pay attention before, but Will kind of has a weird body by soap standards. 

Will has managed to out-trash Abigail, so hopefully KM should be safe on her Twitter for the next few months.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 2

I have to admit I don't really get Will's interviewing skills either. And that thing he does with his mouth is kind of annoying

You mean talking? Yes, yes it is.

Can Victor find out about this?

Yes! Santa's Grumpiest Elf (TM unknown poster a few pages back) needs to be on Sonny's side!!!

Edited to add: I find the idea that Will's lack of sexual experience with a man in some way excuses his cheating, or makes it understandable to be incredibly offensive.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 3

Freddie was tweeting back in September that we would be surprised by what they were taping right then.

God, Brady is a horrible person.  Just leave Theresa alone!

Gee, Nicole gonna start lying to Daniel?  What a surprise.  Not.

• Love 2

I think Sonny's annoyed at Paul's being with another guy because there is a part of him that likes the attention that Paul was giving him.  Sonny is like WIll in that he's flattered that a hot man is interested in him but I don't think Sonny trusts Paul.  I kind of want both Paul and Will to actively start wooing Sonny--in other words, I want Sneasel and Paul to realize seperately that their sleeping with each other was the biggest mistake they made and that they crave a happy stable relationship.  Cue Paul to start sending Sonny gifts and unexpectedly showing up at the club and in turn WIll glaring jealously for Paul to stay away from his man.  That could be awesome especially if Sonny is utterly confused by Paul and Sneasel's behavior.

I think Theresa and Brady are supposed to have this "I hate you but I can't stay away from you" vibe but it feels like real animosity and not hate sex.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 2

I think Freddie Smith is bringing it also, because he's hitting just the right note of loyalty to his marriage vows and temptation from Paul.  Obviously still a lot of feelings there between the two of them, and it seems like Sonny keeps allllmost breaking down and going to Paul for the emotion support he's not getting from Will but then he stops himself.  And we all know what's going to happen if he lets down his guard at all with Paul.

I thought Sonny being a bit put off at Sparkle Paul having "company" was because he has his own unresolved feelings for Paul whether he wants to acknowledge it or not, Sneasel or not.

I don't really want Sonny to cheat but I'm rooting for Sonny and Paul all the way. I would love for them somehow to get back together in a legit way and for cheating, immature Sneasel to be left out in the cold.

Edited by lilly6
  • Love 5

I thought Sonny being a bit put off at Sparkle Paul having "company" was because he has his own unresolved feelings for Paul whether he wants to acknowledge it or not, Sneasel or not.

True, But, Paul is laying on the "I really miss you stuff" rather thickly every time they meet up. I don't think Sonny is expecting Paul to have a Sonny Shrine he lights a candle at each night, though that would be funny.

Will's remorse faces seemed like he was almost going to sneeze and then didn't. ACTING!

• Love 4

Will and Sonny's problem is that they don't communicate with each other. One or both of them is always keeping a secret or hiding their true feelings about something. Not to excuse Will's behavior, but I don't think he knows how to be in an adult relationship and that's because he's never been in one until now. He has no experience dating or having sex with a man, very little experience dating/having sex period, man or woman, and little life experience. He went from high school romances with Mia and Gabi to playing house with a husband. Instead of being 'tied down' with a husband so soon in life he should be out dating and figuring out what he wants and learning how to be in a grownup relationship and live life without having his family clean up his messes.

I don't know if Sonny and Will are meant to be together, but I think they're both using this relationship as a crutch. Sonny already had his fun now he wants to settle down. Will provides him with the stability and family that he wants and he has the satisfaction of knowing someone needs him and depends on him. Sonny was the first guy that came along and he kind of guided Will out of the closet and I think Will latched on to that and to Sonny. I think maybe Sonny proposed because he was worried Will would 'wander' off and he would be left alone. I think Will accepted his proposal for similar reasons. Sonny is the first man he ever fell in love with and he assumes Sonny is 'the one' because he doesn't know anything else.

Edited by LeftPhalange
  • Love 5

I wonder about Sonny and Paul's past relationship.  Sonny just lived with him for a year, following him around while he traveled for games?  So Sonny was a kept man?  And where did they live when Paul wasn't on the road?  Together?

• Love 2

I wonder about Sonny and Paul's past relationship.  Sonny just lived with him for a year, following him around while he traveled for games?  So Sonny was a kept man?  And where did they live when Paul wasn't on the road?  Together?

And where does it fit into the timeline of Sonny traveling the world and going on all his adventures?

Edited to add: I find the idea that Will's lack of sexual experience with a man in some way excuses his cheating, or makes it understandable to be incredibly offensive.

I'm not sure offensive is the right word, but I don't find it a valid excuse.  Would someone say that was okay if it was a straight couple that were high school sweethearts and had previously only slept with each other?

• Love 3

I don't understand why Sparkles trust Sneasel to write a Coming Out story on him. Sneasel isn't objective at all, he trashed his own mother in an article. If a person is willing to trash his own mother then I would have reservations on hiring that writer to write a piece on me. I think Sparkle just said that shit to get in Sneasel's pants, oh he said that after they had their sparkling sneasel sex, nevermind. 

I find it absolutely amazing how some are trying to excuse Sneasel's behavior for stepping out on Sonny. Sonny is a good person and a good husband who controlled his urges, all he did was get a kiss from Sparkle Paul and told him 2 or 3x that there could be nothing between them and that Sonny would be happy for Sparkle Paul if he came out and live his life, meaning that Sparkle's life wouldn't include him as his bf. He had flashbacks of time with Sparkles but that's it, he didn't act on them or wanted to rekindle those old feelings.

Sneasel is the one that won't communicate with his husband, always short with him, down talks Sonny's career, brought nothing to the table financially, taking his marriage to Sonny for granted with all of what Sonny provided for him. Sneasel can get his fugly ass out the way and I'll marry Sonny. He wants Sparkles McFlirtBag he can have him.

Like to also note how I find it odd that Dumbass Brady is on the board and is at the hospital running into Theresa but Chad who's also on the board visits the hospital but never bumps into Theresa, always bumping into Jar Jar or to see Grimace. I really want to see Chad & Theresa interact. Do they even know each other exist? They're a perfect match for each other.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

I understand Theresa has done some terrible things, but Brady is such a dick to her.  I don't understand why she stands there and takes it, listening to his insults.

And Will sucks.

Edited by DanaMB
  • Love 6

I don't get why Brady followed Teresa to insult her. I think she went on her way after she asked why he was there, and then somehow they wound up in the same room again. I don't think she was the one who followed him when they wound up in that waiting area to exchange a harsh war of words.

• Love 4

I'm not sure offensive is the right word, but I don't find it a valid excuse.  Would someone say that was okay if it was a straight couple that were high school sweethearts and had previously only slept with each other?

I agree it's not a valid excuse for Sneasel's cheating. What it is is a valid reason - it makes the cheating unsurprising and understandable for me. Note that understanding is not the same thing as condoning. But then, pretty much everyone I know who made a commitment to their first and only while still very young eventually cheated, opened their marriage, or left their marriage because they wanted to experience some variety. Typically they had previously been very proud of the fact they'd only been with their first love, but as life went on they started to regret not having more experiences. It's not nice and it's generally not right (I'm excepting the instances I know of where there was a mutual decision to open the marriage), but it happens frequently and it rings true to me here for that reason.

One thing I find interesting about this story is that Will has cheated physically but Sonny is kind of cheating emotionally and, I imagine by the time all this comes out, it will have become straight-out emotional cheating rather than "kind of." Neither is right, but if I were married to either of them, the emotional cheating would upset me more (not that I would be thrilled by the other) because I would regard it as more of a threat to my marriage ultimately. I also can't wait for Paul's reaction when he finds out he slept with Sonny's husband. He was upset enough today about Sonny catching him with a supposed random hookup. Heh.

And I also have to wonder what, when this all comes out, Sonny will actually be more upset about: That Paul slept with Will, or that Will slept with Paul? Right now, I think he's still committed enough to his marriage to be more upset about Will, but if the marriage keeps going downhill before he finds out, then I can see that changing. On the other hand, if guilt drives Sneasel to put more work into the marriage and be super-loving and super-supportive of Sonny so that things are really good between them when Sonny finds out...

• Love 4

Will and Sonny's problem is that they don't communicate with each other. One or both of them is always keeping a secret or hiding their true feelings about something. Not to excuse Will's behavior, but I don't think he knows how to be in an adult relationship and that's because he's never been in one until now. He has no experience dating or having sex with a man, very little experience dating/having sex period, man or woman, and little life experience. He went from high school romances with Mia and Gabi to playing house with a husband. Instead of being 'tied down' with a husband so soon in life he should be out dating and figuring out what he wants and learning how to be in a grownup relationship and live life without having his family clean up his messes.

I don't know if Sonny and Will are meant to be together, but I think they're both using this relationship as a crutch. Sonny already had his fun now he wants to settle down. Will provides him with the stability and family that he wants and he has the satisfaction of knowing someone needs him and depends on him. Sonny was the first guy that came along and he kind of guided Will out of the closet and I think Will latched on to that and to Sonny. I think maybe Sonny proposed because he was worried Will would 'wander' off and he would be left alone. I think Will accepted his proposal for similar reasons. Sonny is the first man he ever fell in love with and he assumes Sonny is 'the one' because he doesn't know anything else.

The proposal from Sonny came out of the blue for me. One minute they were running around covering Nick's drowning and the next minute Sonny is down on one knee. I wonder if the Rush to the altar was always connected to this story.

When Sonny showed Paul his ring, Paul said: ' you finally got everything you wanted', like Sonny could have dragged anyone to the altar as long as he achieved his goal. Those creepy New Year's Resolutions don't help either. It's like everything has to be checked off according to some master plan instead of letting things happen organically.

It makes me wonder what the timeline was between the end of Sonny's relationship with Paul and Sonny's arrival in Salem? I always wondered why Sonny loves Will, and with Paul around, I'm questioning it even more. Sonny used to just accept all of Will's crap without blinking an eye most of the time. Was he just so desperate to make this relationship work?

Looking at the Paul/Sonny dynamic, it seems like Paul was the leader and Sonny was the follower. Now with Will and Sonny, Sonny is in charge. I once had a thing with a guy that would only date younger women, always by more than five years at least. I think he liked being looked up to and needed, and I think Sonny is the same with Will.

When Will told Sonny about the LA assignment, I expected him to be happy, because he is always Will's cheerleader. But he wasn't, and I think it is because he was scared that he would get left behind while Will experienced new things. He could feel that control slipping. Victor even got Sonny to admit that he got himself into debt with the second club just to show Will that their life can be exciting. I also think Sonny is scared of coming in second to Will's career because of what happened with Paul.

These two should have never gotten married. I know all about relationships where one party is ready to settle down and the other still needs to grow. When Will agreed to marry Sonny, I definitely think he did it because he loved him. But that's all he knows and once you get that feeling that you want to explore, it's difficult to do with a husband and kid. This show should never have tied Will down with a kid so soon either.

If the show had the guarantee of more time, I would have liked them to do with Will and Sonny what they did with Lumi-make them friends first while they date other people and then let them start something romantic further down the line.

Honestly, I think Sneasel has a lot of issues that go beyond just exploring his sexuality. As it stands, I think Sparkle would be a more equal partner to Sonny, bar the coming out issues.

Up to now Paul was successful in his career, he can contribute financially, he is confident and he can probably sort out his business without help from his mother. I've often thought being with someone like Will who needs constant reassurance must be exhausting.

Perhaps Will's next relationship needs to be with someone who isn't a club owner at 25 and (up to now) was the perfect husband and father. I think part of Will's problem is that he is comparing himself to Sonny and that is fueling his own insecurities about his lack of success.

Arianna Grace is the wildcard in all this, but I hope this show has the guts to let Sonny and Will separate.

• Love 3

I agree it's not a valid excuse for Sneasel's cheating. What it is is a valid reason - it makes the cheating unsurprising and understandable for me. Note that understanding is not the same thing as condoning. But then, pretty much everyone I know who made a commitment to their first and only while still very young eventually cheated, opened their marriage, or left their marriage because they wanted to experience some variety. Typically they had previously been very proud of the fact they'd only been with their first love, but as life went on they started to regret not having more experiences. It's not nice and it's generally not right (I'm excepting the instances I know of where there was a mutual decision to open the marriage), but it happens frequently and it rings true to me here for that reason.

One thing I find interesting about this story is that Will has cheated physically but Sonny is kind of cheating emotionally and, I imagine by the time all this comes out, it will have become straight-out emotional cheating rather than "kind of." Neither is right, but if I were married to either of them, the emotional cheating would upset me more (not that I would be thrilled by the other) because I would regard it as more of a threat to my marriage ultimately. I also can't wait for Paul's reaction when he finds out he slept with Sonny's husband. He was upset enough today about Sonny catching him with a supposed random hookup. Heh.

And I also have to wonder what, when this all comes out, Sonny will actually be more upset about: That Paul slept with Will, or that Will slept with Paul? Right now, I think he's still committed enough to his marriage to be more upset about Will, but if the marriage keeps going downhill before he finds out, then I can see that changing. On the other hand, if guilt drives Sneasel to put more work into the marriage and be super-loving and super-supportive of Sonny so that things are really good between them when Sonny finds out...

On the emotional cheating point, I don't think Sonny is quite there yet (as you said, kind of), but it would be interesting for the show to explore the two types of cheating. Will and Paul were just sex, but Sonny and Paul could do more damage depending on where it goes from here.

Emotional cheating only becomes significant when it starts influencing your actions. Most of the time, emotional cheating leads to physical cheating, so that is one possibility. The other is if it starts influencing how you behave with your spouse, like in Gone With The Wind when Scarlett suggested to Rhett that they sleep in separate rooms because Ashley wasn't able

to sleep with Melanie.

We know Will and Sonny haven't been having sex, but if Will tries to initiate intimacy after this and Sonny still says no, Paul could be the reason. If Sonny continues to seek out reasons to visit Paul whether things are bad or good that would be another indication.

I think Will will try to make things good out of guilt but will be confused when Sonny is still distant. TMZ Bellhop still has to see Will and Sonny together to do the math.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2