Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

You would think right, he's always giving guys the "I want to sex you up" face. The guys he's had sex with in the past, why haven't any of them outed him yet? Paul said to Sonny that he wasn't a monk so we know he's been sleeping with other people. You think at least one of them would out him and even the models and actresses he's went out with, you think one would become angry and bitter and out him so she can possibly become a little more popular.

• Love 3

I think KDP Eve is very attractive.

It's the character that makes her ugly. It's poorly written and she has no good material to "shine" in so she often looks miserable and wacky. Plus, she is too old for the character of Eve. We all think she should be younger so forcing the viewer to accept an actress who is clearly not the right age for the character annoys us. She looks so old next to her sister Teresa and now she is sleeping with a teenager? Please... Put KDP with a story line that is age appropriate and give her people to work with that are in her age group and she will be just fine.

I think that is why people find her unattactive. It's not KDP at all.

• Love 8

I liked KDP on OLTL even though at times I didn't like Blair.  KDP is a victim of the writing just like everyone else is.  There is no character continuity.  There are no reasons or motivations for why the characters do things.  It's all plot.  Character A does X because that's what is in the script.  Character B then does Y.  So Character C who has never interacted with these people before does Z so the writers can move the SL, which makes absolutely no sense, along even though the SL never really goes anywhere, and simply continues to ruin the characters in the process.  It doesn't help that the writers are so determined to cast certain characters as bad, and others as good, no matter what they do.

Sami and Nicole had a scene once where Sami had been talking to herself about how she was going to get Lucas back, and prove to him she didn't cheat on him with Brandon, which was true, Sami didn't have sex with Brandon, Kate had them both drugged.  Then she goes onto saying once she proves what Kate did, and has Lucas back, she will get Roman and Marlena back together, and she doesn't care what happens to John and Kate.  Nicole shows up at Sami's drunk.  Nicole knows some of what Sami has been doing to prove she didn't cheat on Lucas, and she wants Sami's help getting Brady back from Chloe.  Nicole is going on and on about Brady and how happy they will be together.  Sami is going on and on about getting back together with Lucas.  Sami tries to point out to Nicole she doesn't think Nicole's plan will work.  Nicole tries to point out to Sami that Sami's scheme might blow up in her face.  However, neither of them can see the flaws in their own plan just the other person's.  They both seem somewhat delusional, and in the end both of their schemes backfire.

That wouldn't happen now.  Instead no matter what horrible things a supposed good character does, they get a free pass because they are good.  If something terrible happens to a bad character, they still get blamed even if they didn't do anything wrong because they are bad.  Also, I don't know if it's intentional, but the writers have made most of these characters completely unlikeable, and not in a can't wait for so and so to get what's coming to them, or can't wait to see what crazy thing they do next kind of way, just plain unlikeable and no fun to watch.

• Love 5

The writers are just too black and white with who's good and who's bad. They're trying to force feed us on who to like and who to not like which just doesn't work cause viewers don't like to. Why can't soap writers tell a good story without the "good/bad" element and tell a story in a way where we choose who's the bad guy and who's the good guy?

Constantly telling me to root for Judgy Jenn, Jar Jar Binks, Toothy, Dingy Hippie, etc. and root against Anne, Theresa, Eve, etc. is a waste of the writer's time and energy cause it mostly has a reverse reaction on viewers.

• Love 2

I think JJ is being an idiot, but I do think CM is acting out his guilt better than KM's Abigail. Yeah, I just add to say that. He does look genuinely disgusted with himself, which does make me feel slightly sorry for him.

I have no words for Eve. I really don't get why she wanted to sleep with JJ today (other than that he's hot, but you have to cut that reason out when he's your daughter's boyfriend). Yeah, okay, the last time she had her depression over her lost singing voice and JJ made her feel beautiful. But today? There didn't seem to be any motivation at all for what they were doing.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I think CM has done a great job as JJ, he is stuck in a lousy SL, but is doing his best to sell JJ's feelings, and whatever the hell JJ's motivation is supposed to be.  Jenn, Dan, and the boring twit OTOH just act entitled, judgy, and shrewish.

I also think the NuChad is doing his best while the less said about NuWill, the better.

I want Stefano and Kristen to join EJ burning in hell.  I'm tired of the Dimera's getting away with everything, and never facing any consequences.

If Sami and Kate had poisoned them, buried them alive, shot them in the head, tossed them in the river, doused them with gasoline and set them on fire, I would have been cheering them on the entire time.

• Love 3

You know a dinner party is boring when all you can think of is I can't believe Dan doesn't use a napkin.

Ha! I think that should be Dark Roast Dan's catchphrase from now on. Surgery, bailing Mel out of her next scrape, nailing Jen in her all-beige boudoir, all of it: "OMG, I can't believe he didn't use a napkin!"

Can you imagine the caterwauling if Susan Screechforth Hayes ever found out that Doug did have dementia or something? My TV would crack! Bring on the Arctic Circle Tour with its all-you-can-eat frozen shrimp buffet, say I!

• Love 4

I guess when I think of a shrew, she's not it. I didn't see her being a spoiled brat at all, but I am pre-disposed to like her anyway.

She wasn't.  She did come on a tad strong, but that was one scene.  I'm not gonna get on the shrew train over that.

But then, I've mostly stopped paying attention to the one calling her that, so . . .

• Love 2

She wasn't.  She did come on a tad strong, but that was one scene.  I'm not gonna get on the shrew train over that.

But then, I've mostly stopped paying attention to the one calling her that, so . . .

;) It just seems like we need more than one scene to decide somebody is a shrew. 

• Love 4

I was not watching when Melanie was on before, but damn, she is annoying. If I knew someone like her IRL, they would not stay in my life for long.

I was never a huge Melissa Archer fan, but she is really doing a terrific job of getting Greg Vaughan to light up and look interested in what's going on (never been a particular fan of him either.)

KdP deserves SO much better than this crap. I think it was a bad recast, she is my age (early 50s), so she is more Hope's age, and Eve was more contemporaries with Jennifer (early 40s). When she squares off with Jenn it's sort of like when GH's Carly squares off with any of the tiny, younger brunettes. It doesn't come off as a fair fight, physicality-wise.

• Love 5

I was not watching when Melanie was on before, but damn, she is annoying. If I knew someone like her IRL, they would not stay in my life for long.

I was never a huge Melissa Archer fan, but she is really doing a terrific job of getting Greg Vaughan to light up and look interested in what's going on (never been a particular fan of him either.)

KdP deserves SO much better than this crap. I think it was a bad recast, she is my age (early 50s), so she is more Hope's age, and Eve was more contemporaries with Jennifer (early 40s). When she squares off with Jenn it's sort of like when GH's Carly squares off with any of the tiny, younger brunettes. It doesn't come off as a fair fight, physicality-wise.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was only a 2-4 year max age difference between Jennifer and Hope.  I believe Hope is about 50 now, with Jennifer at 46 or 47.  Early 40's seem a little too young.  For the most part Abigail has grown up in real time and she is about 24 now since she is a couple of years older than Will.  Jennifer had her in her early to mid twenties.  

I guess my point is I don't really see an age difference between Jennifer and Eve.  KdP is a little older but it doesn't help that Melissa Reeves still looks like she can pass for much younger.  So I guess that may be where the discrepancy is.

• Love 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought there was only a 2-4 year max age difference between Jennifer and Hope.  I believe Hope is about 50 now, with Jennifer at 46 or 47.  Early 40's seem a little too young.  For the most part Abigail has grown up in real time and she is about 24 now since she is a couple of years older than Will.  Jennifer had her in her early to mid twenties.  

I guess my point is I don't really see an age difference between Jennifer and Eve.  KdP is a little older but it doesn't help that Melissa Reeves still looks like she can pass for much younger.  So I guess that may be where the discrepancy is.

I think Melissa Reeves looks older than KDP, or at least Kassie is aging better.

• Love 3

I honestly thought that Theresa was in her early 20's when she was first brought on the show, so I think Eve looks even older by comparison, given that they are supposed to be siblings.

Technically they are half-siblings, with only father Shane Donovan in common.  Eve was already in Salem as a conniving late teen with a hooker past when Jeanie Theresa was born in 1990.

• Love 1

Jeannie T said early into joining the show that she was 27 or 28, I forget which.  There isn't much of an age diff between Jenn and Suddenly Southern, I agree.

Wow did CM make me cry today.  He'll leave Lima Bean rather than see her crushed.  Holy sheet.  Sobbing on the way home.  This young man has such a future. And he has those Roman statue lips.

I don't think it's been mentioned that JJ was deliberately depicted as drunk when he did it with All About Eve the first time.  Not to excuse it but damn.  My son is 25 and there is no way in hell I wouldn't be responsible for seducing someone that age and JJ is only 18.  Today though was Rage Sex which was nicely discussed upthread as far as reasons for having sex.  Lima Bean got a clue and Southern had mascara dripping down her face.  Pretty satisfying.

Ciara redeemed herself being sweet and selfless with her granddad.  Sure, Doug was an ass yesterday and the old guy has lost some acting chops but it was still nice to see him be given a few scenes. 

Sheesh, Patsy Pease won me over too.  She's no longer shrill, she's smart and very wisely maneuvered the awkward situation Southern left her in to gently tell Lima Bean the truth.  Speaking of, Lima Bean got her mojo back. A few surprise presents from Days today. 

I'm almost not hating an Adrienne/Lucas story if that keeps my cute little man on the screen.  I felt for both of them today.  Lucas putting his foot in his mouth and trying to make her feel better.  I'd break a bed with him.

Edited by QuelleC
  • Love 1

I think what bothers me most about the Eve and JJ sex scene is that they both kept pausing and just staring at each other. Which means during those long pauses they could have thought "Bad idea!" But they still kept going. What the....

When EJ and Sami were having their grief sex, the scene was choreographed as such to seem like both had completely lost their minds and were in some sort of weird hypnotic trance (not that that excuses what they were doing, but the choreography was done in such a way as to make the situation seem plausible), but Eve and JJ looked somewhat methodical about what they were doing. Methodical might not be the right word to use, but it didn't look like they were completely out of control either. There was one moment when Eve was just staring at JJ for what seemed like forever and I was thinking "Now would be a good time to get off of him, Eve!"

Edited by bantering
  • Love 6

So is Kayla upset that Hope and Aiden are still together because she wants a shot at Aiden?  God, writers, give her a storyline!

And I think Serena is hiding a baby Brady somewhere.

Sadly, I think you're right, which will make the fallout of his storyline with Nicole (OMG, she made me want to have sex!11!11!) make even less sense.

I agree that the JJ/Eve sex was choreographed oddly, but I think that was on purpose. I really don't think we're supposed to read this as anything other than gross. We as the audience are not supposed to see this as some sweet romance.

I really don't see any of this as pure innocent JJ taken advantage of by mean over-sexed Eve. I saw two consenting participants, who were both sober. Obviously by real-world standards, having sex with your teenage daughter's boyfriend is beyond reprehensible. I really kind of hate this line of reasoning, but I'm going to use it in this case - it's just a soap. This is not meant to be a serious storyline - it's not about rape (and it really better not become that, show) or child abuse or AIDS or anything else - it's a silly soapy storyline. It's like Kristen's storyline: stealing an embryo out of another woman's uterus is obviously not acceptable - but it's a stupid soap plot point. (And actually I would argue the Kristen/Theresa stuff is more objectionable because there is a rape metaphor running through the abuse of Theresa's bodily autonomy.) I just can't get all outraged about JJ/Eve, especially when the audience is very clearly supposed to be feeling sorry for JJ and Paige at this point.

• Love 1

I'm ready for the big episode tomorrow. This one felt like a set up since it should have aired yesterday. I loved the inscription in Vic's bible and I loved Sonny catching a glimpse of his family in the square. That's what it's all about. I would have loved if Will had come to the Kiriakis house and Sonny to the Brady party since it's their first year being married, but it is what it is.

I don't mind Brady and Melanie if they don't take over the whole show. Theresa just needs to focus on moving forward too. I didn't even mind that more people were fawning over Serena, she and Eric look like they are becoming serious. Seeing Nicole with Daniel and Parker made me wish she had a family of her own. I will say that even though Dan is gross most of the time, he does always take care to include Nicole at the holidays. Here's hoping for better for Nicole in 2015.

I was glad there was no Paul in the episode and Eve even behaved halfway decent and cleaned up well.

• Love 1

I don't see a single thing that leads me to believe there is a baby Eeyore somewhere.  Sadly though, the thought of doing god's work to procreate is probably the only thing to light a spark under priestly parts,

JJ's remorse is what keeps me coming back to this show.  As much as I hated it I have to admit it was damned hot but the blame is on Eve imho.  I don't understand the comments about choreography or awkardness.  Anyway, I'm finding myself hoping he meets up with Lima Bean tomorrow because someone lit a fire under her and JJ deserves some happiness. 

Will's kid is as dour as he is.  Can't they find a smiley baby Hernandez somewhere? 

Nobody wants to slap Ciara as hard as I do after the earring incident.  I'm starting to like her but rooting for her mom to kiss and lurking is weird. Chase needs to catch a break.

Joey exists. I was beginning to think he and his bowtie were mummifying in a box in Kayla's closet.

Edited by QuelleC

I don't understand the comments about choreography or awkardness.

I thought the choreography was such that there  enough stares to make me think that both were logical enough to  have backed out, and maybe even wanted to? And because of the "sense of control" they seemed to have,  I didn't quite understand why Eve  or JJ would go through with the act when it really looked like they could have easily just shut the whole thing down. The scene wasn't so much awkward as...I don't know what word to use...but they didn't look out of their mind, which I figured you have to be to wind up in a situation like this. 

That said I do feel sorry for JJ (not necessarily because I think he was taken advantage of but primarily because of CM's acting -- he looks disgusted with himself). I don't feel sorry for Eve  -- but I don't think KDP is a bad actress or anything extreme like that. This is one of those situations where I would probably hate any older lady in the role, and the fact that Paige looks so fragile isn't helping matters. At least Chelsea looked like she could handle the idea of her mom having sex with her boyfriend. Not so sure about Paige who looks like even a swear word might cut her down...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

I'm not sure awkward is the right word, but it definitely didn't look like it was meant to be romantic (they certainly didn't get the wind machine, white background music video treatment). But as you said bantering, it also lacked any sort of extreme "I just can't help myself" vibe, which made it come off sort of strangely imo.

I don't feel sorry for Eve or JJ really at this point; but I think both CM and KDP are doing a great job acting wise.

Edited by kristabell
  • Love 2

I enjoyed today's Christmas episode, most likely because I'm a sucker for family Christmases, even when they include folks who don't wash enough, folks with too many teeth and people so GOOD they make my teethe ache.  But today nobody really bothered me very much.

I enjoyed seeing Victor get some love, with the boys finding his grandma's bible.  I do have to say that for a bible that belonged to a fisherman's widow, a woman who has been dead for 70 years, it was in remarkably good - and shiny! - condition.  I just decided to believe that the boys got it cleaned up after they found it.  And Victor's gift to Maggie was nice, also, especially since it included a shoutout to Alice.  Sarah Horton got mentioned again - wonder if there's anything up with that?

I loved Theresa and Caroline, too.  And Caroline got a new do!  She looks good - and turns in a good performance for a woman of 87.  

The Horton celebration was a bit odd, but then again Julie was front and center,  and of course we had Abigail and Ollie.  Glad he didn't stand too close to the fire because the smell of burning plastic is hard to get out of upholstery.  Nice to see that even Abigail can't outtalk Julie - but why is Julie so up on Ollie when she was so down on Aidan?  Guess she likes the plucked look.  

Jenn said she was going to Mass.  Shouldn't her crossing into a holy space cause immediate lightning to strike?  

Kayla is suspicious of Aidan, right?  Is that why she looked so out of it in the Square?  Nice to see Joe - I wonder if he's going to be around now.  

I'm hoping that Nicole is not going to continue to be forced to wear all those castoffs from Project Runway, because those coats are too much.  They're giving her linebacker shoulders.  

Paige is back and goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooood loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord there will be tears.................and I won't really care.  There was a time I would have but I think that's passed.  I guess it's possible for that to change but I'll really be surprised if it does.

The Eve/JJ sexcapade from yesterday didn't bother me so much because of the age difference between the two.  I see JJ as at least grown ENOUGH to take responsibility for his choice in the matter, just as Eve is responsible for her terrible choice not to pull back from this monumental mistake.  But they didn't.  I think that Eve actually believes that she loves her daughter but man she's pretty clueless at how to show it.  My problem with all of this is WHY.  We've seen Eve portrayed as desperate for affection, for sure.  And we've seen JJ be unsure about who he is and how - or if - his father's behavior has influenced who he is.  But JJ is not a horn dog.  He's had plenty of chances for that and always said no.  So why would he fall into bed with Eve?  And why would Eve do such a thing to her daughter?  

The Deveraux kids are messed up sexually, it seems.  Remember Abigail getting Austin drunk and then trying to fool him into thinking they'd slept together while he's married to Carrie - and I only wish I could forget her Dimera Duo.  And now we've got JJ acting so out of character.  But I very much doubt Show will go the psychological route with this storyline.  So why, Show?

And as has been said here, we haven't seen JJ and Eve appear to be so terribly attracted to each other, so that's not the reason.  

Maybe it will turn out that just knowing Jenn drives people insane.  I know just watching her on screen makes me question MY sanity.

Ho HO HO to both of them, indeed.

Edited by boes
  • Love 5

As I only returned to watching Days about 2 years ago, I had no idea Kayla had a son. Is he Patch's? The show needs to use her more. Give her a love interest! Give her a story!

Daniel, Nicole and Parker were sweet today. Nicole looked happy.

• Love 3

As I only returned to watching Days about 2 years ago, I had no idea Kayla had a son. Is he Patch's? The show needs to use her more. Give her a love interest! Give her a story!

Daniel, Nicole and Parker were sweet today. Nicole looked happy.

I completely agree.  It's a waste to have Kayla on the sidelines.  Joe is Patch's son.  It's been so long since he's been seen I wouldn't have known who he was without hearing it.  

How nice that Show allowed Nicole to make cookies successfully.  They don't let her get much right.  Time for that to change too.

• Love 4

I also wanted to say that I think I'm more tolerant of JJ than Eve because he seems to recognize the disgustingness of what they've done (er, after the fact, but at least that's something) whereas Eve seems to be too much into self-preservation mode. 

JJ's insults are somewhat hypocritical in pointing out what a terrible person she is, but they're also kind of true (who would want their daughter to know that their mother is like this?). He's not related to Lima Bean a.k.a Paige nor is he married to her, so the worst that can happen to him, even from just an ethical perspective, is that the relationship will end, Lima Bean will yell and then  never talk to him again, he'll have learned not to sleep with  people's mothers, and hopefully  the repeat the mistake again. But since Eve actually shares blood with Lima Bean, well, uh, good luck to her. She's going to need it.  This is different from a regular infidelity storyline where you know more blame should go on the boyfriend, fiancee or husband -- it would be really difficult not to shoot daggers at your mother over this. 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 4

I'm a day and a half behind due to the holidays, but man JJ broke my heart with his weeping and self-disgust after the act with Eve. I was puzzled, too, when Eve and JJ seemed to have a moment of clarity -- WTF am I doing?? -- and then simply resumed what they were doing. There's certainly nothing between them except hate and mutual disgust. Even before this second bit of sex, I think JJ just felt doomed and desperate and as he said later, he had nothing left to lose. It was hate sex, pure and simple. While I don't really understand it in a real world kind of way, I get it from JJ's perspective in the show. Eve is beyond understanding and I'm bitter at the show because I can't see Charlotte Ross's Eve doing that (and I'm attached to THAT Eve). 

Looking forward to settling in later tonight for a 2.5 episode marathon. 

• Love 2

I completely get JJ insulting Eve and - in that moment - laying the blame at her feet.  It's such a human response from someone his age IMO.   He's really angry at himself even more than Eve and looking for some way to explain to himself why just happened.  Unlike his mother and sister, JJ has enough character to own up to his own mistakes - I'm only afraid that he takes TOO much blame on his shoulders.  (Thanks for that go to Jenn and Abigail IMO.  That dreadful duo laid the guilt on him pretty heavily while managing to always deflect any for themselves).   I think CM is growing into a really fine actor.  JJ is one of the few members of the younger set that I actually care about.

I don't get hate sex, never have.  It seems to be nothing more than an easy storyline detour.  How Show expects JJ and Paige to come through this is beyond me.  But probably NOT beyond them.   I wish I had what they were smoking.

• Love 5

It was hate sex, pure and simple. While I don't really understand it in a real world kind of way, I get it from JJ's perspective in the show. Eve is beyond understanding and I'm bitter at the show because I can't see Charlotte Ross's Eve doing that (and I'm attached to THAT Eve).

That's a good point about JJ. It did seem like he knew all was lost anyway, so he might as well just self-destruct even more. 

Yeah, I have no idea what Eve is thinking. Does anybody? I don't know if her actually being attracted to JJ would actually make things better, but at least it could sort of explain the situation. But sleeping with your daughter's boyfriend just because you hate him, which will inevitably wind up hurting your daughter....what's the point? Go eat Rory's pot brownies instead or something to deal with your pain...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 3

Yes, boes, this storyline does show JJ has both heart and self-awareness, unlike his mother and sister. And like you, I worry that he takes on too much. (But I've always had a soft spot for the bad boy with a heart of gold -- Patch and Jack were both faves of mine, and my husband falls into that category, too, lol). 

And seriously -- hate sex as a plot device is just insulting to us all. I'm not looking forward to the Paige fallout.

• Love 3

I don't believe the writers think about motivations or reasons.  The most thought, if it can be called that, they put into anything is, "Let's have these two people have sex so it will ruin other people's lives."  Then afterwards the idiots don't even provide a real payoff to the viewers with the fallout.  They sweep everything under the rug, and move on to the next nonsensical boring SL.

• Love 4

Why did those parents let that rabies infected wildebeest read the Christmas story to their kids? Very poor parenting.

Julie can shove it. Gabi may be an idiot but she didn't cause Nick to go off the deep in. Maybe if his family had bothered to pay attention to him he would still be alive.

• Love 5

I took Julie's comment to mean that Nick didn't have a chance to turn his life around because Gabi killed him. I'm a Nick fan, so I liked that she and Maggie both haven't turned on him entirely.

I did chuckle inappropriately to see Chelsea's ornament hanging right next to Zach's. I know that Hope's mostly made peace with what happened, but i wouldn't have blamed her if she'd asked them not to put Zach's ornament next to the person that killed him, sister or not.

• Love 3

Was Days on yesterday? Judging from the flashbacks it looked like it was. I thought soaps weren't on on Christmas.

This still bothers me that Chad isn't putting any effort into helping Sonny with the new club. Does he know that his name is attached to it as well? It's not like Sonny is starting a whole new club on his own with a new name. Sonny please tell that family to take that invitation back with, "Welcome to the Horton Family." You don't want that greeting ever!! It means you're a member of the Holy Horton Hypocrite Club and Sonny you don't want that membership at all. I wish he would have broke the ornament and ran out screaming.

Where the fuck is Toothy going, to sing at a lounge bar or something? Looks like that's where she was going with that outfit she had on. She just looks so damn 80's. Speaking of appearance, what's up with Judgy Jenn's dooky braid? She just forever looks horrendous. Even dressed up Jar Jar looks atrocious. 

Jar Jar is now terrorizing children with her Christmas horror stories. Not giving them much to look forward to later in life. Telling them she works there like they need to know that shit and it's imperative to their recovery. Y'all see that Jar Jar reading her horror story Naggie just stands in front of the desk blocking people's view, bitch get back to where you was standing.

Oh Naggie, ditching your son so you can go to Judgy Jenn's tree trimming, what excellent mothering. Like it's the social event of the season or something. That party couldn't be more filled with sanctimonious, self righteous, shrewish, nagging, hypocrites & little snots (*cough* Ciara *cough*) minus Victor, Sonny, & Hope. Geez Naggie, you would think she wouldn't attend Dingy's ex's tree trimming but then Dingy shows up anyway.

WTF did Judgy Jenn just teleported to the hospital or did she ride in on her broomstick that she parked in the handicap spot? What did everyone get a ride on the broom, magically appearing at the hospital and then quickly back at the Little House of Horrors where Naggie gave her speech? Editing is just shitty.

Damn Senile Cougar, couldn't buy Theresa a gift for Christmas?? Damn you're self-centered and shallow. So whenever I say Senile Cougar I'm referring to Eve that's her new nickname.

• Love 4

I wonder if the JJ/Eve storyline would play better on a show like GH, which has a darker tone to it. (Not that I think GH is really good or anything, but it's overall mood, and even lighting, seems better suited to icky storylines like this). 

Abigail gets to read the story this year? Okay.

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1

I forgot to add that I liked that Gabi's ornament wasn't hung (like I feared it would be). Nick may have been off his rocker, but he is a blood Horton and Gabi did shoot him. I know it was mostly to show Melanie thinking about Gabi and Nick, but at least Sonny can stop being overshadowed by Gabi in the family stakes.

I enjoyed Jennifer interacting with Sonny and Will since she doesn't do it often and you wouldn't know that Sonny is related to her with how they treat Jack.

It looks like Naggie gets to be Horton Matriarch and Kiriakis Matriarch and I think that isn't quite fair, though I suppose the alternative is Julie. I liked Victor's talk with Sonny, but he won't tell the truth sadly.

I could have done without Julie going on about Nick to Will, but it made sense in view of the fact that it was a big loss for the Horton's this past year. I couldn't stand Toothy sitting in Alice Horton's chair though.

I also didn't like that JJ missed out on the ornament thing because he was with Lima Bean, although I'm glad he broke up with her. Independent of the Eve thing, they aren't right for each other.

It also seemed like the ornament hanging ceremony was rushed. I could have done without Stefano/Chad/Kate and Eve/Theresa to see more family scenes.

I'm starting to think Chad is behind Sonny's club trouble. That he is sabotaging it so it fails and the clause gets put into effect where he gets TBD.

Edited by 271queenie
  • Love 2

You obviously didn't see GH's Christmas show.  They literally had a horror story.

What Maggie son are you talking about?

Dingy is who I'm talking about when it came to her leaving his place to rush over to Judgy Jenn's party.

• Love 1