Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I am still enjoying the quad of Brady, Chloe, Eric and Sarah. So far, everyone seems to have good chemistry with each other and I like the current and soon to be changing dynamics. Something I like about the Holly case is that Eric was instrumental in convincing Chloe to return Holly to Nicole, so for them to now potentially fight for custody of Holly is the type of soapy, melodramatic irony that I love. I've said this before, but it needs to be repeated, I hope the show develops these four into a core aspect of the show. For now, all of the actors are engaged, portraying the material well, and are well connected to the canvas, so there is no need for story isolation. These are characters the show should be writing well, portraying well, and giving great storylines to. I look forward to seeing how this storyline goes.

On the other hand, I was thinking about Will/Sonny/Leo today as I watched the Will/Marlena scenes. Will/Marlena are one of my favorite relationships on the show, and I found it hard to stay engaged in their scene today. At first, I thought it was because this was yet another exposition rehash of Will/Sonny's current storyline, but I realized that Will/Chandler Massey has completely checked out of this storyline. He and the actor who plays Sonny are giving this storyline absolutely no life, energy, suspense, investment or even fun. I blamed the writing, and I said if the writers gave the actors better material they would provide better performances. However, as I said with the quad, all the actors are engaged. The Holly storyline isn't the best writing I've ever seen on a soap, but the actors at least seem to be present in the scenes and genuinely reacting to one another. If the actors who play Will/Sonny no longer care, I wish they would leave. I found getting through their scenes absolutely painful in an episode I otherwise enjoyed.

Lastly, I hope the show develops Sarah outside of Eric. While I can see myself liking them, I'm still not sure who she is. The actress is good and has had good chemistry with everyone she's shared scenes with, but I hope we get to see her with more Hortons. It sad that Abby is leaving (dodges fruit) because it would be great if we could see a next generation female Horton cousin relationship as strong and well-developed as Melissa/Hope and Hope/Jennifer. Maybe she and J.J. could connect as Ciara feels too young to be a Sarah confidant.

Edited by 4evaQuez
  • Love 10

Adrienne slapping Leo was my favorite bit from today's show.  

It was richly deserved and nice to see a slap that was deserved, rather than just the usual "How a Horton Says Hello" we get from Jennifer and Abigail.

I like Eric, a lot, but his piety today about Holly was a bit much.  But then, seeing Brady and his continuing hissy fit that Eric is still pissed at him was so much worse.  He's such an asshole.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, 4evaQuez said:

On the other hand, I was thinking about Will/Sonny/Leo today as I watched the Will/Marlena scenes. Will/Marlena are one of my favorite relationships on the show, and I found it hard to stay engaged in their scene today. At first, I thought it was because this was yet another exposition rehash of Will/Sonny's current storyline, but I realized that Will/Chandler Massey has completely checked out of this storyline. He and the actor who plays Sonny are giving this storyline absolutely no life, energy, suspense, investment or even fun. I blamed the writing, and I said if the writers gave the actors better material they would provide better performances. However, as I said with the quad, all the actors are engaged. The Holly storyline isn't the best writing I've ever seen on a soap, but the actors at least seem to be present in the scenes and genuinely reacting to one another. If the actors who play Will/Sonny no longer care, I wish they would leave. I found getting through their scenes absolutely painful in an episode I otherwise enjoyed.

Tell the truth.

Is Days holding a loved one of Chandler's hostage and that's why he's being forced to stick around?

He looks ready to bolt in every scene, as if he's forcing himself to stick around and spout lines he barely took any time to remember. His eyes keep darting back and forth like a man looking for an escape route, and his stammering and stuttering are at an all time high, as if he's scrambling to recall what he's supposed to say because his mind is elsewhere but on the scene at hand. He clearly wants no part of this story-line, imho, and he is not even trying to hide it. 

I have always felt Freddie was the weakest link, acting wise in particular, of the two, and considering I feel Chandler is average at best that's saying something, but I don't recall him being this bad before. I am not sure what he's going for, what emotion/s Sonny is meant to be expressing, but I'd much rather someone just put Sonny out of my misery. It's like a running bad joke that just won't end. 

And then there's Greg, who has apparently picked up quite the hair gel addiction. Of the three I think he is trying the hardest, for what it's worth, but because Leo is such a godawful character who has no redeeming qualities about him, it falls flat.

He's annoying, bothersome, and sleazy. Again, Ron basically made up another "love foil" that comes across more like one of those old school mustache twirling bad guys in a black and white film. Leo is not a real character, he's a stumbling block for Will and Sonny until the writers decide otherwise. 

It's a formula that has yet to ever work, afaics, when it comes to Ron's romance track record but he keeps pulling this shit all the time. 

• Love 6

IA with 4evaQuez on the Chloe/Brady/Sarah/Eric quad. However, Sarah stepped out of line when she was convincing Brady to lie in order to change Maggie's mind. Brady is not some unreasonable dude who wants to see his own brother suffer. I don't understand why she even came up with that plan. 

Linsey's acting seems to be upgraded since she's been to Salem. Looks like she's getting better in the chemistry department. Maybe because Days isn't that shithole (excuse for my language) B&B? Anyway Days seems to be a good fit for her. 

Leo's like the guy one always wants dead in some video game but miraculously escape his fate. He does provide some sort of comic relief though. 

Edited by Guest
7 hours ago, hielandfoodie said:

Leo must die for sure along with Ted. Both are useless characters who are actually more like charicatures.

True, but, Gilles is gorgeous. That accent, those eyes and that hair.  I wish Ron would give him better writing as Ted. 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

True, but, Gilles is gorgeous. That accent, those eyes and that hair.  I wish Ron would give him better writing as Ted. 

I have to agree. I love his bone structure and eyes. He, Chad, and Eric are looking great 😍 even when a scene is dull I check them out. 

Damn Sarah’s practically in love with Eric already. When they were describing the apartment and things he planned for Holly she was totally envisioning herself by his side playing mama/wifey. Brady’s not much better when it comes to Chloe. I was a huge Broe fan but then he was completely different literally and figuratively. 

I actually think both Eric and Chloe have equal claim to Holly. Chloe has the document and did carry the baby and will raise her with her half sibling. But that document was composed prior to Nicole’s saying she wanted Eric to raise Holly so maybe her views changed? 

Can the boys leave the Kiriakis living room yet and can Sarah change her dress? I’ve had about enough. I’m also getting sick of Sheila. 

• Love 8

Sometimes the dumb is so deep it hurts.

So Nicole with her last breath asks Eric to raise Holly and NOBODY disputes that it happened.

Then, yesterday, Justin delivers a letter that Nicole wrote to Chloe MONTHS AND MONTHS ago, asking her to raise Holly - which was written long before Nicole got back together with Eric and NOBODY disputes that she didn't write it before circumstances changed and she and Eric reunited.

BUT, Chloe and Brady act as if easy peasy lemon squeasy, the letter clinches what Nicole wanted when she CLEARLY changed her mind when and Eric got back together.  Which they know AND believe to be true.  

So once again, Chloe is going to be a major dick about Holly and Brady gets to crap all over Eric again.  But this time, with Maggie's weepy help.

This all makes Leo and Sonny's wedding only the SECOND worst thing on today's show.

Now, back to Victor and his hissy fit!

By the way Petunia13, I'm getting tired of Sheila too.

Edited by boes
  • Love 17

Sheila needs to dial it back a bit.

Nicole being back together with Eric and telling him to look after Holly should supersede that letter. But of course, half of Salem didn't hear Nicole say that to Eric, so....

Brady is such a jerk.

Sarah, you barely cancelled your engagement and now you are already moving on to Eric? Can't be without a man for a week? Your relationship problems with Rex were not 100% his fault. Spend some time alone - unless there is a wedding dress gathering dust. Eric, you just shouldn't get a new apartment when you don't have custody. Geez.

Leo didn't use his real name for the wedding? Is it valid?

Sheila needs to dial it back a bit.

Nicole being back together with Eric and telling him to look after Holly should supersede that letter. But of course, half of Salem didn't hear Nicole say that to Eric, so....

Brady is such a jerk.

Sarah, you barely cancelled your engagement and now you are already moving on to Eric? Can't be without a man for a week? Your relationship problems with Rex were not 100% his fault. Spend some time alone - unless there is a wedding dress gathering dust. Eric, you just shouldn't get a new apartment when you don't have custody. Geez.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, boes said:

Sometimes the dumb is so deep it hurts.

So Nicole with her last breath asks Eric to raise Holly and NOBODY disputes that it happened.

Then, yesterday, Justin delivers a letter that Nicole wrote to Chloe MONTHS AND MONTHS ago, asking her to raise Holly - which was written long before Nicole got back together with Eric and NOBODY disputes that she didn't write it before circumstances changed and she and Eric reunited.

BUT, Chloe and Brady act as if easy peasy lemon squeasy, the letter clinches what Nicole wanted when she CLEARLY changed her mind when and Eric got back together.  Which they know AND believe to be true.  

So once again, Chloe is going to be a major dick about Holly and Brady gets to crap all over Eric again.  But this time, with Maggie's weepy help.

This all makes Leo and Sonny's wedding only the SECOND worst thing on today's show.

Now, back to Victor and his hissy fit!

By the way Petunia13, I'm getting tired of Sheila too.

This falls into what Chloe wanted all the time and Brady want for revenge.

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

As I have ever heard it from lawyers I know, you marry the person, not their name.

In other words, Sonny is aware Leo’s name isn’t his given moniker so he cannot claim Leo is tricking him on that front and therefore committing fraud. Also, if Leo has legalized documentation that shows his name change that would factor in. 

Basically it’s the same issue John ran into when marrying Hattie as Marlena, entering into a union knowing exactly who the person is even if the name they’re using is false or made up, you are still marrying them and the law doesn’t just immediately consider the marriage null and void if the name issue is exposed. 

And on that front, can these Salem degenerates stop having all these damn marriages anyway??? What happened to just good ol’ fooling around in secret or having illicit affairs or blackmail or something? 

I am sick and tired of so many people putting rings on each other for the worst possible reasons and since they have such a small budget you don’t even get a big wedding production.

No, instead you have people playing the Wedding March on Shazam while getting hitched in an old dinosaur’s tacky living room.

Or they’re tying the knot at the mall, or saying vows of “I do” in the hidden maze of catacombs beneath their daddy’s mansion...

I am just over it. 

• Love 3

I missed the part with Justin and assumed Chloe and Brady had made the letter up themselves to push Maggie into taking their side. It's dark, but I wouldn't put it past either of them because they're both weirdly obsessed with Holly/Nicole. Glad to hear they weren't faking the letter, but still...why doesn't Chloe just sit down with Eric face-to-face and discuss the matter before going the legal route? And stop saying "Parker loves Holly" Show if you aren't actually going to show Parker on-screen.

Leo is stupid. I wanted Victor to laser-eye him into dust. Cute idea calling back to Sheila's ability to marry people.

This should probably be it's own thread with regular updates but, as of right now, who exactly is living in the Kiriakis Mansion? I'm guessing Sonny, Ari, Victor, Maggie, Sarah, Justin, Adrienne....is that everyone?

What was the explanation today for how Steve was freed and where he's off too? Missed that. 

Forgive me for commenting on episodes long since past but I'm in the process of catching up on all the various bits and pieces. I just had to say I was disappointed with the big Gabi/Abigail confrontation scene on Marci's last day. That script was good - Gabi was throwing everything in Abigail's face and practically spitting venom. I could easily picture Eileen Davidson and Deidre in Camilla and Marci's places, making it into a classic soap moment...but the two ladies actually on-screen just didn't go there. Marci showed a bit more anger than usual, but if that's all Marci's got, I hope the poor woman never ends up in a fistfight in her life. She's passive, dainty and frankly, a bit dull. And Camilla, who I usually really enjoy, didn't pace herself during her big speech. There were all these delicious bombs being dropped and you'd think Gabi would have relished finally, finally getting to tell her crazy bitch of a "best friend" off and rub her nose in the reality she's trapped her in...but the speech didn't sound much more intense than any of Gabi's past angry monologues. Seriously, Camilla - they handed you Eileen Emmy Reel Circa 2013-quality material! Marci should have looked like a rabid caged animal ready to rip Gabi's skin off, and Gabi should have alternated between spittle-producing, in-your-face declarations of hate and savouring-the-moment gleefulness. This was what her big plan had been building towards....and it didn't feel like Gabi enjoyed it enough. It wasn't cathartic enough.

Anyone else feel me?

Lastly I got a weird "I'm over this" vibe from Bryan on his farewell episode.

• Love 3

I don't mind Sheila because I love T-boz, but, her dynamic with Abe is so contrived and boring.  I wish that Ron would develop characters before putting them in a relationship.  I know nothing about Sheila.  I would prefer he develops Eli more and see how he vibes with Sheila. He and Lani are not that interesting together, but, it would have been interesting to see them bond as parents.  I am still pissed that Ron killed off their child.. 

• Love 2
44 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

Anyone else feel me?

I do remember feeling like Camila Banus' delivery was a  little more restrained than I was expecting, probably because I'd envisioned confrontations from the past played by stronger actresses.  But there was plenty of praise here for CB that day.  I was probably the only one who enjoyed Marci Miller more than Banus in those scenes.  

Didn't Nicole think she was dying when she asked Eric to take care of Holly?  What else would a mother who thinks she's dying say to the man she loves in the midst of such an emotional moment?  I don't think that makes Eric a strong contender to be the child's parent.  If I had a vote, it would be for Maggie to raise her.  She's her grandmother, she loves her and she'd have he best interest at heart...but then these fools wouldn't have anything to bicker about.  

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Didn't Nicole think she was dying when she asked Eric to take care of Holly?  What else would a mother who thinks she's dying say to the man she loves in the midst of such an emotional moment?  I don't think that makes Eric a strong contender to be the child's parent.  If I had a vote, it would be for Maggie to raise her.  She's her grandmother, she loves her and she'd have he best interest at heart...but then these fools wouldn't have anything to bicker about.  

I don't disagree, other than being raised by Maggie means Holly would be the only kid in preschool with 80's hair teased into the size of the Sears Tower.

The bone I'm picking is how Brady and Chloe are oh-so-piously basing this on "what Nicole wanted" because of this old letter.  With plenty of praise for Chloe getting over trying to steal Holly a while back cuz she's "grown".  But "what Nicole wanted" is their justification.  Nicole changed her mind.  

Personally, that kid is in for some lengthy therapy sessions no matter who in this group gets their mitts on her.

Edited by boes
  • Love 16
8 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Isn't Leo using his fake name to get married illegal? The marriage is invalid, right?

Either that, or maybe have Sheila's "ministry certificate" be invalid in some way.

• Love 3
7 hours ago, MsTree said:

Either that, or maybe have Sheila's "ministry certificate" be invalid in some way.

Wilson should have secretly married making Sonny's marriage to Leo invalid. Even if Leo sues Sonny for bigamy, the DA could decline to pursue the case against Sonny. I am sure Victor could bribe the DA to make it all go away. He has bribed judges before...

• Love 8

Well, I was just glad to be free of the Gabi/Abigail mess yesterday. The whole Leo and Sonny thing still feels jarring and out of left field, although I suppose that's the point. Adrienne and Justin were amusing, clutching their hands in disgust on the couch and to keep each other from running up and socking Leo in the jaw. 

Sarah and Eric bore me, and it pisses me off that what feels like only a few months ago, Eric and Jennifer were all schmoopy in the Brady pub. It's a wonder they haven't run into her yet. Aren't they cousins, too? Sarah has a Christmas ornament? How's that going to work out on Christmas Eve? 

• Love 3

I really hate what Ron is doing to Stayla. There is no way Steve would not go to be with Kayla ASAP.   He should have left Steve in prison for now. Marybeth Evans as always sold her grief over Steve.  Kayla has always loved Steve beyond reason. Ron has no idea how to write for an iconic couple like Steve and Kayla.  Sherry is there why won't he use her in writing for them. She created them and gave them the foundation that subsequent writers used to write their beautiful love story. A love story that culminated in the show being number 1 in the ratings when they got married.  No other couple on the show has ever reached that milestone.  

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

Wilson should have secretly married making Sonny's marriage to Leo invalid. Even if Leo sues Sonny for bigamy, the DA could decline to pursue the case against Sonny. I am sure Victor could bribe the DA to make it all go away. He has bribed judges before...

The DA hates Justin, I'm sure she would do anything to give it to his family.

• Love 2
Just now, buffynut said:

I'm still only watching sporadically.  What has Ron done with Steve????

Kayla conspired with Stefan to give Steve an artificial eye (because his only good eye was damaged by John when John poisoned him). After he got his new eye, every classified document he read during his work as a seekrut agent got downloaded and leaked.  So Steve was arrested as a spy.  Yesterday they said he was let go, but he isn't coming home.  Kayla thought that it was because he was mad at her because she went behind his back to work with Stefan against Steve's wishes.

• Love 3

Since Brady does not have his child he wants to make sure that Eric does not have access to Holly.  If he felt like that about Eric why did he pull him out of the building when it was on fire?

But he could be doing this to get Chloe in to bed because she thinks she is entitled to Holly.

Edited by bobcat1946
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, boes said:

I don't disagree, other than being raised by Maggie means Holly would be the only kid in preschool with 80's hair teased into the size of the Sears Tower.

The bone I'm picking is how Brady and Chloe are oh-so-piously basing this on "what Nicole wanted" because of this old letter.  With plenty of praise for Chloe getting over trying to steal Holly a while back cuz she's "grown".  But "what Nicole wanted" is their justification.  Nicole changed her mind.  

Personally, that kid is in for some lengthy therapy sessions no matter who in this group gets their mitts on her.

In soaps I guess characters are unable to change their mind, and if that be the case Brady should be the creek with his going from woman to woman.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Kayla conspired with Stefan to give Steve an artificial eye (because his only good eye was damaged by John when John poisoned him). After he got his new eye, every classified document he read during his work as a seekrut agent got downloaded and leaked.  So Steve was arrested as a spy.  Yesterday they said he was let go, but he isn't coming home.  Kayla thought that it was because he was mad at her because she went behind his back to work with Stefan against Steve's wishes.

I knew Steve was in jail, but not that he'd been released. I know with Stephen (the actor) not working there anymore, puts Stephen (the character) is in limbo. But they should have just left him in jail. Roaming wherever, and not coming home, is what they did with Bo, and we all know how badly that turned out. 

1 hour ago, Fen Tiger said:

Sarah is completely annoying. Shrill, over acting, unattractive. Hate the Holly storyline. 

At first I thought was was ok, but not so much now. I don't get the speed in which she broke her engagement, and seems to have fallen for Eric.  And, though I'm not a huge Maggie fan, I'm not really liking Sarah's attitude towards her mother.  Retconned "what was her name" was nicer to Maggie, than Sarah is. But since Kayla has offered her a job, I guess we're stuck with her.

• Love 3

Let me get this straight, Eric was being sanctimonious and he attacked his brother as a result.  Then Brady saw an golden opportunity in the letter to make Eric pay for his "transgression", even go as far as twisting Nicole's own words to achieve his goal.  Thank you writers for teaching us by example and why seeking counselling is crucial for high-schoolers.   

Oh Stefan and Gabi should get together. 

7 hours ago, Fen Tiger said:

Sarah is completely annoying. Shrill, over acting, unattractive. Hate the Holly storyline. 

Okay I don't mean to be rude but do you mean the actress is unattractive? Her choice of hairdos may be questionable from the show, but this is hardly the look of someone who is unattractive.

http://i64.tinypic.com/24dhm6b.jpg

http://i66.tinypic.com/1zzi4i0.jpg

Edited by Guest

I loved Julie today and her tenacity to protect and defend her family is endearing to me, even if that family is that loathsome Abigail. I also loved her talking about her devious side. Julie was the Sami of her day. I have always fanwanked that is why she defended Nick so much, she has been there, going down a dark path and getting out of it and becoming a better person. It is why she hates Gabi so much. She took that away from Nick. Plus, Nick's mother Jessica Fallon had mental issues that she obviously passed on to Nick. Marlena used to treat her and was close to his dad.

All of these connections should have been highlighted at the height of Nick versus Wilson over Arianna. It would have given the story depth while incorporating history and different characters.  Instead, they made it Nick the evil homophobe tormenting Wilson. The Hortons are always fighting with each other.  Mickey fought Bill over Laura and Mike. Will and Nick fighting would have been a continuation of that toxicity. It is what made the Hortons fascinating, despite their wealth and social standing, they had problems like everybody. Some of it was of their own making, like Addie going after Doug and some was beyond their control, like mental illness that has plagued the family for generations.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

But a normal person works that stuff out without gaslighting someone, yada, yada.

Well sure but what soap character is a normal person? If any of the characters were normal people - there wouldn't be a show!

I am team Gabi til the end ... of course she will pay for her 'evil' and Abby will skate on by. Pffft.

I love Kayla and Steve ... why show why?

The tribute to Julie was nice and it was so fun to see those old flashbacks as my mom never watched this show back in the day (and so of course neither did I)!

I like Sarah but then again I usually liked the actress on B&B too so I may be biased.

• Love 10

I've missed most of this week and am pissed to learn that Ron C. has written Steve as ditching Kayla.  What bullshit.

Also, Julie's refusal to acknowledge that Nick was a rapey, homophobic monster hellbent on controlling Gabi and Ari's every move is really annoying.  Yes, it's understandable that Julie wouldn't like Gabi but painting her as a homicidal maniac is also bullshit.  Fuck off, Julie.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Apprentice79 said:

I loved Julie today and her tenacity to protect and defend her family is endearing to me, even if that family is that loathsome Abigail. I also loved her talking about her devious side. Julie was the Sami of her day. I have always fanwanked that is why she defended Nick so much, she has been there, going down a dark path and getting out of it and becoming a better person. It is why she hates Gabi so much. She took that away from Nick. Plus, Nick's mother Jessica Fallon had mental issues that she obviously passed on to Nick. Marlena used to treat her and was close to his dad.

All of these connections should have been highlighted at the height of Nick versus Wilson over Arianna. It would have given the story depth while incorporating history and different characters.  Instead, they made it Nick the evil homophobe tormenting Wilson. The Hortons are always fighting with each other.  Mickey fought Bill over Laura and Mike. Will and Nick fighting would have been a continuation of that toxicity. It is what made the Hortons fascinating, despite their wealth and social standing, they had problems like everybody. Some of it was of their own making, like Addie going after Doug and some was beyond their control, like mental illness that has plagued the family for generations.

Really I can not understand why anyone who is not a Horton would have anything to with this family of Loons.  Gabi did and she is going to pay big time.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:55 AM, Chick2Chic said:

I still say that she wouldn't have felt the need for revenge for what Abby had done to her if Abby (and Stefan) hadn't gotten off for what they did to her. Gabi's actions aren't happening in a vacuum. 

IA.  Abigail got rewarded with a vacation with Grandma and a baby.

• Love 5

Seriously. At this point she has what - three daddies, two mommies (one dead) and three "siblings"? Yeesh. I really would prefer to see a child born normally on this series - to parents who planned to conceive, carried the child to term and birthed them within a stable marriage. That would be a refreshing change.

Abigail got rewarded with a vacation with Grandma and a baby.

Yeah, that's the thing that really makes it brutal. Gabi was sent back to prison, beaten and rendered sterile and now has two prison stints on her record...and Abigail got nothing. Nothing! That's crazy! So I feel like Gabi is almost on a meta-quest to try and fight the forces in the DOOL universe that bend reality in Abigail's favour no matter how shitty she behaves. I also really wish the Show would drive home the point that she nearly killed Marlena, Kate and Viv. The intensity of that moment where she hit Marlena over the head with a fireplace poker was severe. You'd think Marlena's brains would have been splattered all over the carpet after that...but nope. She's laughing it up with the other two captives in the cellar hours later!

Team Gabi all the way. No one else on this show is going to hold Abigail accountable for her bullshit, so thank god for for Gabi.

• Love 8

Julie vs. JJ was good fun!  I've loved Susan Seaforth Hayes since she was on Y&R, so I was pleased that Julie got to interact with so many different characters today.  And she got to snoop through Gabi's belongings!  

Sorry, boes!  :P

Edited by enchantingmonkey
  • Love 6

How soon is it Sarah will suggest Eric marry her to strengthen his custody case? 

Why is Brady even so involved except he wants to stick it to Eric and be all up in Chloe’s shit? He’s annoying me. 

I don’t dislike Sheila or TBoz it’s just that’s she’s on way too often and she’s always saying and doing the same stuff. 

There is no doubt in my mind Julie and Abby will prevail against Gabi. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

I've missed most of this week and am pissed to learn that Ron C. has written Steve as ditching Kayla.  What bullshit.

Also, Julie's refusal to acknowledge that Nick was a rapey, homophobic monster hellbent on controlling Gabi and Ari's every move is really annoying.  Yes, it's understandable that Julie wouldn't like Gabi but painting her as a homicidal maniac is also bullshit.  Fuck off, Julie.

Had Gabi not gotten Nick by now he might have raped her child.

• Love 1

Abigail is snooping on Kayla's computer? Um, shouldn't security be escorting her out of Kayla's office and the hospital? She hasn't worked in any sort of job for a long time and her old access codes should have been long disabled. How is it so easy to break in to people's offices?

Abigail also should have some sort of real consequence for her actions. She just seems to coast away, with no karma for her deeds.

Julie, you really shouldn't be snooping around in Victor's home. Sure, you found Gabi's room and found some stuff. How nice that Gabi came home to catch you. However, you and Princess will win against the dark haired villain.

Brady, why do you keep sticking it to Eric? Nicole wanted him and not you and you set a lot of this in to motion. And probably pursue Chloe again? You can't be without a woman for more than an hour? Sarah Horton, why are you so interested in Eric and Holly? Not some good natured gesture. You too can't be without someone more than five minutes. Deal with Rex and the issues that came up. Then pursue Eric, if he is better suited to you.

• Love 7
35 minutes ago, enchantingmonkey said:

Julie vs. JJ was good fun!  I've loved Susan Seaforth Hayes since she was on Y&R, so I was pleased that Julie got to interact with so many different characters today.  And she got to snoop through Gabi's belongings!  

Sorry, boes!  :P

Hahaha!  I liked her on Y&R, too.  When she came back the last time and stabbed Lauren in the back it was something to behold.

Today was special, though, watching my two least favorite Hortons putting their addle-pated heads together to take down Gabi.  You have to be desperate to turn to Julie, but that's our Abigail, just as unpleasant and twice as dumb.  Watching Julie swan around the Kiriakis Mansion in that fur coat, then chattering to Maggie like a magpie on meth had me cracking up.  

She reminds me of

giphy.gif

except in Julie's case, her coat would be made not from puppies, but from Gabi herself.  Yep, Abigail, Julie is such a good choice as a partner in crime.

• Love 11

Sadly, this show is not something I look forward to, anymore. I meant that’s not new. My love and then eventual disdain are cyclic at this point, but something is different this time. I don’t feel invested at all at this point. There is nothing on the horizon that I’m hanging in there for. Well, maybe the “Gabi is straight up crazy bitch” reveal, and, even that, I’m really kind of already over, but after that I think I’m out. 

Jesus, just leave Steve in prison. Do you really have to shit all over this couple’s epic love story by having him basically freeze her out offscreen. So stupid. 

Oh, and Brady gets to smugly pretend he gives a damn about Holly’s  well being. Screw you, Brady.  The sad thing is I kinda agree that maybe Eric should own his part in this whole Nicole affair. He did sleep with his brother’s fiancé/serious girlfriend?, hell, I can’t even remember at this point.  But, I suppose it would only further fan the flames of my rage to watch him genuinely beg Brady for forgiveness and really feel what he’d did was wrong and then have Brady constantly shit all over Eric’s genuine remorse. ‘Cause you know he would. Eric was really only sorry about the cabin sexy times when he thought Nicole just up and left him, and that is kinda messed up. 

Chad’s a complete dupe. Mansi is not Abigail to me, anymore. I thought we were maybe headed back to JJ/ Gabi, but she doesn’t seem the least bit interested in that. So, damn. They should’ve had her seriously falling for him while she was pulling this shit, then had her love for him convince her to let it go, only for it to have steam rolled beyond her ability to control. Then, have it blow up during the eventual reveal. I mean what’s she going to lose? The way they’re playing it, I don’t even think she genuinely wants Chad. She just wants Abby to see her having Chad and Charlotte and Thomas. So, she’ll lose his friendship, big deal. Ask Sonny how worthless that is these days. Rafe might be disappointed for a minute, again, big deal. 

Ron C. sucks

Edited by Rowan
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

Abigail is snooping on Kayla's computer? Um, shouldn't security be escorting her out of Kayla's office and the hospital? She hasn't worked in any sort of job for a long time and her old access codes should have been long disabled. How is it so easy to break in to people's offices?

Abigail also should have some sort of real consequence for her actions. She just seems to coast away, with no karma for her deeds.

Julie, you really shouldn't be snooping around in Victor's home. Sure, you found Gabi's room and found some stuff. How nice that Gabi came home to catch you. However, you and Princess will win against the dark haired villain.

Brady, why do you keep sticking it to Eric? Nicole wanted him and not you and you set a lot of this in to motion. And probably pursue Chloe again? You can't be without a woman for more than an hour? Sarah Horton, why are you so interested in Eric and Holly? Not some good natured gesture. You too can't be without someone more than five minutes. Deal with Rex and the issues that came up. Then pursue Eric, if he is better suited to you.

To be honest the same could apply for almost every character from today's soap. Brooke Logan from B&B is the infamous "family mattress" and yet there are still those who are making excuses for her. I mean come on someone is 50s and yet behaves like an vixen, how stupid!  Caira just dumped her boyfriend and then 5 mins later she's seeing this "reformed" serial killer, even if the boundary between "his real self" and "psychotic side" is rather undefined. If those problems can be purposely or indeliberately ignored then I don't see what's wrong with Sarah and Eric getting together. At least this doesn't involve "rape/being taken advantage turn into love affair" bullshit and Eric is not a creeper or murder.    

Edited by Guest
20 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I really hate what Ron is doing to Stayla. There is no way Steve would not go to be with Kayla ASAP.   He should have left Steve in prison for now. Marybeth Evans as always sold her grief over Steve.  Kayla has always loved Steve beyond reason. Ron has no idea how to write for an iconic couple like Steve and Kayla.  Sherry is there why won't he use her in writing for them. She created them and gave them the foundation that subsequent writers used to write their beautiful love story. A love story that culminated in the show being number 1 in the ratings when they got married.  No other couple on the show has ever reached that milestone.  

OMG, yes. He would never NOT run home to Kayla. On a shallow note, I loved Kayla's dress and black coat combo that day. 

@boes -- the words "Julie swanning around" will stick with me forever :)

@Rowan -- I wish you'd written this Gabi story. 

Edited by Lastwaltz
more thoughts
  • Love 5
11 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Seriously. At this point she has what - three daddies, two mommies (one dead) and three "siblings"? Yeesh. I really would prefer to see a child born normally on this series - to parents who planned to conceive, carried the child to term and birthed them within a stable marriage. That would be a refreshing change.

Yeah, that's the thing that really makes it brutal. Gabi was sent back to prison, beaten and rendered sterile and now has two prison stints on her record...and Abigail got nothing. Nothing! That's crazy! So I feel like Gabi is almost on a meta-quest to try and fight the forces in the DOOL universe that bend reality in Abigail's favour no matter how shitty she behaves. I also really wish the Show would drive home the point that she nearly killed Marlena, Kate and Viv. The intensity of that moment where she hit Marlena over the head with a fireplace poker was severe. You'd think Marlena's brains would have been splattered all over the carpet after that...but nope. She's laughing it up with the other two captives in the cellar hours later!

Team Gabi all the way. No one else on this show is going to hold Abigail accountable for her bullshit, so thank god for for Gabi.

still not sure how abby spending like a week in a mental institution is worse than gabi's months in prison getting beat and becoming sterile.

• Love 5

Still catching up...and just watched the last Sami episode/Jarlena wedding. Some thoughts.

As much as I didn't love Kristen's latest return, Susan got some great moments under Ron's pen. It would have been so nice to see ED's Susan and Sami patch things up in order to help EJ, after how they fought over him. I appreciate what Ron built from Susan's brief 2014 reappearance, which established all her anxieties over EJ/Sami in a fashion that could have been a one-off throwaway (and would have, since Dena did nothing with it afterwards). I didn't love crazy Susan as much in the Memphis/Will Returns storyline, but this year, she was really great. The Marlena doll, living with Victor, all of it. I didn't enjoy the cartoonish wardrobe choices (WTH was with her kimono outfit??) but other than that, this was satisfying. She even got to attend the last Jarlena wedding! Awww! See, that felt so right to me. She may not be a regular character, but she's rather special to the core cast (and special in another sense too, LOL).

Speaking of the wedding, I actually choked up a bit when Marlena told John she wanted what Tom and Alice had. Deirdre delivered on those lines and I don't think her costars had to do any work to summon up some tears. I thought I would be irritated to see them blocking traffic in the town square again, but it was pretty cute. I do wish Eric had been there instead of Paul, however. The Sami/Belle hug was too brief, but said it all - sisters till the end.

The idea of reusing footage of Alice to mark the occasion as also really sweet. Was that day - Nov  8th I think - the actual 53rd anniversary?

As much as I don't think Ron is the second coming, he can really nail it sometimes. This whole wedding arc, while not perfect, was some of his best work thus far. Poignant and a good use of the characters involved. Or maybe Sherri had a lot of input into it? It's hard to know who to credit. 

Did they ever actually show Hattie willingly going back behind bars? I saw her in the Halloween episode deciding she wanted the annulment, but never caught her final episode, if there was one.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

How is it so easy to break in to people's offices?

Obviously the same way it is to gain easy access to the DiMera and Kiriakis mansions.  People never lock doors.  And they never never close them when they are having secret conversations.  And to top it all off they go to public areas to have top secret meetings instead of the telephone or locked rooms.  

I don't see what's wrong with Sarah and Eric getting together. 

How about Eric "just" lost the love of his life and Sarah "just" dumped her fiance that she was so madly in love with.  Does all that love just disappear? It's all way too fast.  Also how about the fact that Eric is the brother of your ex.  How did that work out for Eric and Brady?       

• Love 6
1 hour ago, A.J. said:

Obviously the same way it is to gain easy access to the DiMera and Kiriakis mansions.  People never lock doors.  And they never never close them when they are having secret conversations.  And to top it all off they go to public areas to have top secret meetings instead of the telephone or locked rooms.  

How about Eric "just" lost the love of his life and Sarah "just" dumped her fiance that she was so madly in love with.  Does all that love just disappear? It's all way too fast.  Also how about the fact that Eric is the brother of your ex.  How did that work out for Eric and Brady?       

Fine with Sarah and Brady getting together if just to keep the snakes Chloe and Brady from Grabbing Holly.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, bobcat1946 said:

Fine with Sarah and Brady getting together if just to keep the snakes Chloe and Brady from Grabbing Holly.

Hmm, yes.

I don't often post here, but this stand-off stinks. Brady's a moron, but if Sarah can de-sadsack Eric, who knows what she might do for Brady--not holding my breath. Chloe--Parker's where? New York? Ah, the struggles of a single mom.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, A.J. said:

First of all, this is the trend of today's American soap, what do you expect? Unless the writers could be convinced to change the methodology in terms of relationship buildup and bring someone for Sarah who isn't related to the Bradys. Or we can just sit here and complain all day. Second of all, if people can tolerate Tripp and Kayla being on good terms despite his early attempt on her life or Ciara welcome Ben with open arms, then I fail to see what's so destructive about Eric/Sarah being a couple. Like I said last time, a normal man and normal woman get together by normal means, so a little bit normalcy wouldn't hurt much, would it?

Edited by Guest