Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

(edited)

Vince, right on!

It's jarring that Theresa isn't more thrown by the two most important women in her life - her sister and her business partner - hopping into bed with her Baby Daddy the minute she's gone. Glossing over Nicole just because she left Brady shouldn't mean Theresa doesn't have complex feelings on the matter.

(Wishful thinking, but maybe Victor will let Theresa in on how and why Nicole left town, so Theresa can see just how cruel Brady has become.)

I personally hated seeing Eve and Theresa written like Ciara and Claire and all but doing a tug of war over Blockhead Black. How did NO ONE register that she had being raped by a druglord for over a year or ask her if she's okay??! Not a single "oh my god, sis - I can't believe what you've been through! It'll be okay."

*massive side-eye*

If this was Another World, all the dialogue about "choose me because I made the ultimate sacrifice" and "is our engagement now off?" would have been subtext or said through glances between the shell-shocked characters as they focused on expressing sympathy for the actual victim in this - Theresa.

These characters were done a big disservice in that livingroom. I found myself annoyed with all three of them. They were written as selfish and entitled and cold...and they're all supposed to love one another!

Also, why is the Show depicting Theresa as the interloper? Eve and Brady have had a relationship for about four months. Theresa and Brady had a relationship for over two years, with lots of character development and ups and downs and plenty of romantic moments. Do they really think anyone in the audience is more invested in seeing Eve become his wife..?

As for the jumpsuit, it would have told more of the story if Theresa was in shitty clothes while Chloe was being gifted gowns. Mateo obviously lost affection for her so it would stand to reason she'd be playing second fiddle. Designer jumpsuits don't scream "mistreatment" to me....

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 5
(edited)

Ron did say in an interview that he wanted to bring Theresa back because he thought it would be cool to see the two sisters fight over Brady.  So, that explains why everybody looks bad in this triangle.  I do feel bad for Eve and that is because of Kassie's understated performance.  I want her to have some type of happiness after Paige.  Brady is no prize.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 9

Oh Sonny, sweetie, baby.  Yes, you and Will need to have some kind of getting along relationship given you share a kid and there's other ways you two are entangled (i.e. Will working for your mom), but no, you shouldn't be going out on double dates, that's weird.  There's also something annoying about Sonny's attitude regarding the situation, that he saves all the "Bygones!"-iness for Will and none for Paul given how coldly he dumped Paul, although I guess that fits with him admitting to Adrienne that he'd take Will back in a second if his memories returned.

Also, why is Leo trying to give the "story of the year" to Will - who he knows knows Sonny and wouldn't take Leo at face value - versus literally any other journalist on the planet?  Unless he's also trying to get into Will's pants?

That was a good "Oh my god, it's you!" cliffhanger.

(Now off to rewatch the OLTL scenes where Nick suggests he, Kyle, and Fish have dinner sometime, but then inadvertently but somewhat bitchily blurts out in front of Fish that he knows he and Kyle haven't had The Sex yet.)

• Love 7
21 minutes ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, why is Leo trying to give the "story of the year" to Will - who he knows knows Sonny and wouldn't take Leo at face value - versus literally any other journalist on the planet?  Unless he's also trying to get into Will's pants?

Because it's soapy...and Leo needs to make this happen in the press and it'd be worse for Titan/Sonny if Will wrote it (scandal). My guess. 

• Love 2
(edited)
22 minutes ago, swtrgrl said:

Because it's soapy...and Leo needs to make this happen in the press and it'd be worse for Titan/Sonny if Will wrote it (scandal). My guess. 

Oh sure, of course the answer is...Soaps!  It's just a dumb move from Leo's perspective given he knows Will is biased against him/towards Sonny.  If this show had money for sets and extras, Will overhearing Leo trying to peddle the story to another employee at the Spectator would be more believable.  But oh well. 

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 5
On 5/18/2018 at 5:32 AM, DisneyBoy said:

I want to get Tripp far away from Ciara and Claire. They're wasting him trying to prop them up. Claire I've always had a soft spot for, but man...the show has no clue what it wants from either of them. Tripp is still new and could carry his own stories. I don't buy that he's into these gals. He seems too mature for their high school nonsense.

I feel exactly the opposite -- they are wasting two legacy characters and running them into the ground to prop Steve and Ava's love child, who shouldn't be a romantic character with his history of violence toward women.  The scenes with Kayla were forced and skin-crawly.  I don't believe she would ever support the kid who just held a knife to her neck dating her niece who has a history of being raped.

• Love 2
(edited)

Leo seems really proud of himself over his screwing (heh) Sonny over.  And Sonny, please get a new desk.

Yesss, please throw Abby into the slammer!

Trask is such a bitch, but I love it when she goes after people like Abigail.  :D

No, Sonny, that double date idea is not a good one.

Jennifer sure pushing the poor, innocent Abigail theme.

I love how Rolfe's serum not only brings people back from the dead, it also heals whatever killed them in the first place.

Trask wants the Stefano D.

Yes Vivian did deserve it.

Eh? Is Kate retconning her own memories?

Edited by Silver Raven
  • Love 5
37 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

Trask is such a bitch, but I love it when she goes after people like Abigail.  :D

Yes, this.

My fave part of this ep was Leo's face after Kate told him to take care or whatever it was she said. It was super hilarious.

• Love 5
44 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I love how Rolfe's serum not only brings people back from the dead, it also heals whatever killed them in the first place.

If Billy Mays was still around, he'd be hawking this serum like it was the new Orange Glow!

• Love 10

After yesterday's episode and now today's it truly is a horrifying when you realize all of the women who are rape victims on this show.  In the current cast, there's Kayla, Adrienne, Julie, Ciara, Jennifer, Abigail...who else am I forgetting?  I can understand Jennifer's being protective of her daughter but she has to realize that Abby needs to be held accountable for shooting Andre, assaulting Marlena and framing Gabi.

I thought it was rather sad when Sonny admitted that he's only with Leo because he doesn't want to be alone and that he's still waiting for Will to remember their relationship.  I did like how Adrienne was obviously pro-Wilson because she knows how deeply Sonny and Will loved each other--that was sweet.

I'm kind of sick of Kate hurting so many people and just walking away scot free--I hope Vivian comes back and makes Kate pay for shooting her.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

After yesterday's episode and now today's it truly is a horrifying when you realize all of the women who are rape victims on this show.  In the current cast, there's Kayla, Adrienne, Julie, Ciara, Jennifer, Abigail...who else am I forgetting?

Hope who was brainwashed into.thinking she was Princess Gina and slept with Stefano. Nick had attempted to rape Gabi. Eve was a teen prostitute. Theresa was forced to be a sex slave for Mateo. Chloe was attacked when she was a call girl.

• Love 4
(edited)
4 hours ago, nilyank said:

Hope who was brainwashed into.thinking she was Princess Gina and slept with Stefano. Nick had attempted to rape Gabi. Eve was a teen prostitute. Theresa was forced to be a sex slave for Mateo. Chloe was attacked when she was a call girl.

Kim , Sami, Liz, Maggie, Nicole, Laura, Stefanie, Billie and Marlena were also raped. Carrie almost got molested by her Great-uncle Eric. Kim stopped him. He was grooming  little Carrie to be his victim.

Edited by Apprentice79
I think that Maggie was also raped.
  • Love 2

Wow, that is fast for Leo to file a sexual harassment suit. Usually you have to go through the HR channels first. Seems a bit too contrived. And a set-up. Sonny is kinda dumb.

Trask was right about Abigail being in a mental hospital or aka a spa. Four months of therapy and she's back on the street, and has the potential for her alters to re-surface. Maybe prison is not the best option, but a few weeks would do her some good. She's right that Abs can snap at Chad at any time.

Leo goes to Will about his 'story'?  Don't think he really has much of a case if this happened over what has seemed a few weeks. Sonny, you don't get back at 'Will' by finding another dude. You can certainly focus on your job and just date a bit here and there for a while.

Of course, Kate will get off. And the fact is that the person in question seems very much alive.

• Love 5

I missed today's show, the recording broke up 10 minutes in.

So I take it Vivian is alive?  That's good news!  Now, bring us Tony and in exchange we'll give you Rafe and Stefan O! and Lani.

• Love 10
11 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I thought it was rather sad when Sonny admitted that he's only with Leo because he doesn't want to be alone and that he's still waiting for Will to remember their relationship.  I did like how Adrienne was obviously pro-Wilson because she knows how deeply Sonny and Will loved each other--that was sweet.

Sweet but in a creepy over involved way (as usual)...mostly b/c she's over invested in Sonny...but also a lot because it's out of character for 85% of the WilSon relationship to have Adriane pro-Will/Sonny

• Love 3
1 hour ago, swtrgrl said:

Sweet but in a creepy over involved way (as usual)...mostly b/c she's over invested in Sonny...but also a lot because it's out of character for 85% of the WilSon relationship to have Adriane pro-Will/Sonny

Yes, Adrienne is overly invested in her son, just like Jennifer is in Abby and Kate is with Lucas, but it's all out of a sense of love and maybe Adrienne wasn't Will's biggest fan, she does realize that Sonny and Will loved each other deeply, so if Will makes Sonny happy, she'll let the pain of the past go, and encourage it.  I do appreciate the Will/Adrienne scenes because it feels like they're finally developing their own rapport.

• Love 5
(edited)

I just can't with Ciara--her remembering her rape could have been a moment of self-reflection which could have lead to the realization that she desperately needs counselling but instead, we get her immediate;y blaming others for her problems.  It's Grandma Julie's fault she remembered Chase's hurting her and not that she hasn't gotten over or past anything and clearly needs help getting on with her life.  Her first instinct is to lash out and that's not the signs of a strong person, no matter what her leather jacket tells her.  We are in for a long-ass summer because I don't see Ciara getting over herself any time soon--her sense of entitlement is too ingrained..

I did like seeing Will looking out for Sonny and immediately offering his help to stop Leo and his evil plans.  He is an inherently good person and I like seeing that on display.  I also like his realizing that Kate isn't the nicest person on the block and a lot of people have good reason to dislike her.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I did like seeing Will looking out for Sonny and immediately offering his help to stop Leo and his evil plans.  He is an inherently good person and I like seeing that on display.  I also like his realizing that Kate isn't the nicest person on the block and a lot of people have good reason to dislike her.

Kate is vile and she no longer has any layers that used to make her interesting.  She always liked Sonny and for her to stand by and watch his reputation get trash is unseemly, even for her. I did like Will coming to Sonny's defense.  Leo is just gross...I have never liked him..

I love Xander being a pain in everybody's behind...I hope he sticks around. Personally, I would put him with Theresa.  It would make her more interesting.  Plus, they would look good together.

I hate Abigail.. She is out free, after committing numerous crimes, enjoying her husband and family, while Gabi who is innocent, is still locked up, recuperating from her beat down..

I am still indifferent to Ciara and her pain. I know it sounds harsh, but, it's true. Ciara's rape destroyed both Ciara and Chase. Ciara was meant to be a vixen and Chase was interesting and was not related to anybody in town. I don't know why the show made her Chase's victim and Chase a rapist. I wish that the show would act like her rape did not happen.. That is my unpopular opinion for the day..

• Love 9

Will being all, "Who could have done this, who, who!" to Kate, the person who did it, was pretty classically soapy.

Xander popping up (shirtless, natch) to raze Justin and Adrienne was also pretty funny.

• Love 10
3 hours ago, kitmerlot1213 said:

I just can't with Ciara--her remembering her rape could have been a moment of self-reflection which could have lead to the realization that she desperately needs counselling but instead, we get her immediate;y blaming others for her problems.  It's Grandma Julie's fault she remembered Chase's hurting her and not that she hasn't gotten over or past anything and clearly needs help getting on with her life.  Her first instinct is to lash out and that's not the signs of a strong person, no matter what her leather jacket tells her.  We are in for a long-ass summer because I don't see Ciara getting over herself any time soon--her sense of entitlement is too ingrained..

what a little spoiled bitch! blaming julie who was only trying to be sympathetic and help her. 

i love to hate zander. he never has to put his shirt back on either! i also like the idea of him with theresa. maybe they can make him a little less evil in future, a la soap magic, i think they would be a good pair.

• Love 7

Er, Will, your beloved grandma did this.  I HOPE you take her down when it comes out.

Isn't Xander living in the same house as Brady, not just the same town?

Of course the Abby snowflake girl gets off.

I am loving Xander running around snarking on everybody.

• Love 9

I loved Will in today's ep and I normally can barely tolerate him. Sometimes CM's acting style really works for the material and today was one of those days. 

I still love Xander. He's fun. I personally like him better with his shirt on though. I appreciate the chest hair, but his boobs are bigger than mine.

Fucking Abigail getting off scot-free. I can't. Everyone placating her and telling her she's precious and perfect every time she tries to take responsibility for herself is something.

• Love 9

Fucking Abigail getting off scot-free. I can't. Everyone placating her and telling her she's precious and perfect every time she tries to take responsibility for herself is something.

Sounds eerily similar to Messica over on OLTL.

• Love 7
(edited)

I wish that the show would act like her rape did not happen.. That is my unpopular opinion for the day..

Ditto but it's too late now.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Ciara, you have ample family for support and you had plenty of opportunities to get some counselling. It's not Grandma Julie's fault - you have unresolved pain to deal with and release. You may have the same issue with every young man who shows an interest in you. You should be able to tell Tripp (if you are genuinely interested in him) the truth. No, he is not there to heal you - only you can do that. Just seems like another way to stick it to Claire. Eventually, both of you will have no one except each other.

Sonny, you were naïve and stupid. I didn't like Leo - just the smarminess turned me off him.  Still don't think there is much of a case for sexual harassment. Leo just wants a nice, fat paycheque.

Xander, how nice of you to stir things up in Salem. Do keep your shirt on, though.

Abigail gets off? I don't think so - should be mandatory counselling/therapy, check-ins with her psychiatrist regularly, and maybe spend some time in jail and perhaps get beaten too. Not be an entitled Horton princess. Maybe your family thinks you are precious and without flaws but you do need a serious form of punishment for your actions. Hope Gabi walks away from you.

• Love 4

I think Abigail might have to do inpatient therapy? Jennifer said something to Eric about how she was going to miss her, and Abby said something to Chad and Kate about intensive therapy, so I don't think she's getting off scot-free. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, obviously.

Is it a new day? How did things shake out with Theresa, Brady and Eve? I think Eve left with her suitcase, but what then happened between Theresa and Brady?

• Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, annabel said:

I think Abigail might have to do inpatient therapy? Jennifer said something to Eric about how she was going to miss her, and Abby said something to Chad and Kate about intensive therapy, so I don't think she's getting off scot-free. I'm not paying a whole lot of attention, obviously.

I believe Chad did say something about court ordered therapy. And Jennifer did mention that Abigail wouldn't be staying with her anymore. 

Edited by YupItsMe
spelling
  • Love 3
(edited)
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Ciara, you have ample family for support and you had plenty of opportunities to get some counselling. It's not Grandma Julie's fault - you have unresolved pain to deal with and release. You may have the same issue with every young man who shows an interest in you. You should be able to tell Tripp (if you are genuinely interested in him) the truth. No, he is not there to heal you - only you can do that. Just seems like another way to stick it to Claire. Eventually, both of you will have no one except each other.

Sonny, you were naïve and stupid. I didn't like Leo - just the smarminess turned me off him.  Still don't think there is much of a case for sexual harassment. Leo just wants a nice, fat paycheque.

Xander, how nice of you to stir things up in Salem. Do keep your shirt on, though.

Abigail gets off? I don't think so - should be mandatory counselling/therapy, check-ins with her psychiatrist regularly, and maybe spend some time in jail and perhaps get beaten too. Not be an entitled Horton princess. Maybe your family thinks you are precious and without flaws but you do need a serious form of punishment for your actions. Hope Gabi walks away from you.

ciara is a brat. can't stand her. there is no way tripp does not ciara was raped. just think about it. everyone knows everyone else, people talk or make comments. ciara is staves best friends child. speaking of spoiled brats: abigail. i sincerly hope chad divorces her soon and we see her in jail or a mental hospital. yes...horton princesses both!!

Edited by msrachelj
spell
  • Love 2

Popping back in as I had to binge watch this past week (haven't seen today yet).  Quick thoughts:

Theresa/Brady/Eve Triangle
- So El Fideo basically was raping Theresa for this past 2-ish years?  I mean, that's what is being implied.  Why is no one mentioning that?  I get it wasn't violent, but it was still rape.  She was forced into his bed to save her family.  
- Which makes me pissed at Brady and Eve.  I TOTALLY get that it's complicated.  But they are looking at Theresa like she's some sort of ugly worm they don't know how to deal with.  Yes, the storyline is full of plotonium: Theresa was forces to be the sex slave of a drug lord and had to hurt Brady to prevent him from dying while trying to save her.  BUT, that's the actual story.  So, Theresa, former partygirl, makes a huge sacrifice.  She did not 'enjoy' the last 2 years.  She was a prisoner.  
- And I do want Eve to be happy.  She's done shitty things in the past but she's not the same woman as she was before she lost Paige.  I have sympathy.
- And Brady, while an unbelievable jealous trogledyte from time to time, was always at his best with Theresa and Tate. 
- So... complicated. But I want them to show Theresa more sympathy.  And I want Victor to be "Team Theresa" all the way.

Chloe:
- Theresa honey, you need to come clean.  There's nothing wrong with making your escape when you could. But you need to tell John Black now.
- Chloe, you in danger girl.

Abigail & Chad:
- I love them both.  If that's wrong, I don't wanna be right.
- I think Abigail knows people protect her and did everything she could to take responsibility.  
- I also totally understand why Chad pressured the DA.
- In a normal world, Chad wouldn't be allowed to talk to the DA and nothing he said would have made a difference.  But Trask is a troll, so... there's that.

Gabby:
- I'm not thrilled with the hate you are spewing.  I totaly get the anger.  But I think the new showrunner is turning you into a villian in training.
- I get why Gabby feels Abigail never pays -- it's absolutely true that everyone wraps her in cotton wool and Gabby is left to fend for herself. But that smacks of jealousy.  
- I DO think it's a fair point to wonder why Abigail picked Gabby to impersonate.  And Abigail owes some sort of resitution to Gabby besides "I'm sorry."  She can't possibly recover the time and trauma but perhaps she and Chad can say they will look for a way to recover Gabby's business or help fund her next adventure.  No amount of money makes it "right" but it's better than nothing and would at least help Gabby recover from what's happened.

Rafe:
- Well, he's a squirrely-butt these days.  I'm kinda glad he's taunting Stefan-the-Rapist but he's sort of being a bad cop when he does it. I prefer Rafe to be a straight shooter.

Ciara:
- Her scenes with Hope moves my 'give a shit' needle a bit.  Usually I despise Ciara, that scene this week was good.

Xander!
- I love to hate him but he sure is pretty.

Jen/Eric:
- Jen honey, you KNOW Nicole is forever the woman in Eric's soul.  He's lying to himself and that's okay.  There's not really another option for him.  He HAS to move on from Nicole.  So he's absolutely committed to you.  But you will have to come to peace with what Nicole meant to Eric and Eric needs to not react like he's been touched with a live wire everytime Nicole is brought up.  Confess to Jennifer that he thinks he will always be triggered by Nicole but that he (Eric) loves Jennifer.  That's the best you can hope for. 

Kate/Andre
I used to despise Andre but I LOVE how he really changed and how he's now the 'voice in Kate's' head (or Abigail).  He's just delicious.  And Kate -- well you killed Vivian.  Find a priest and confess and move on.  

Vivian:
Yeah, I knew we'd see you again.  The only way this is interesting is if she lost all her memories like Will and comes back to find out what a horrid human she was. 

• Love 5
(edited)
4 hours ago, SueB said:

Gabby:
- I'm not thrilled with the hate you are spewing.  I totaly get the anger.  But I think the new showrunner is turning you into a villian in training.
- I get why Gabby feels Abigail never pays -- it's absolutely true that everyone wraps her in cotton wool and Gabby is left to fend for herself. But that smacks of jealousy.  
- I DO think it's a fair point to wonder why Abigail picked Gabby to impersonate.  And Abigail owes some sort of resitution to Gabby besides "I'm sorry."  She can't possibly recover the time and trauma but perhaps she and Chad can say they will look for a way to recover Gabby's business or help fund her next adventure.  No amount of money makes it "right" but it's better than nothing and would at least help Gabby recover from what's happened.

SueB, I love the majority of your post, especially the bit about Eve and Brady glossing over the fact that Theresa was a sex slave for year--that's some sick and disgusting crap that needs to be acknowledged.  And I'm not tying to be a nudge but Gabby is actually Abby's alter, not the real Gabi--we need to make sure to differentiate between the two, because the posts will get damn confusing :):)

That being said, I have zero problems with the amount of anger Gabi is showing--she is lying in a prison hospital after suffering a severe beatdown with broken bones and internal bleeding, and she has also been separated from her daughter for months.  I have no doubt that Abs is super-sorry, but Gabi shouldn't be expected to get over her anger because it makes Abby uncomfortable to be reminded of how deeply she hurt her alleged best friend. 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 16

I have no doubt that Abs is super-sorry, but Gabi shouldn't be expected to get over her anger because it makes Abby uncomfortable to be reminded of how deeply she hurt her alleged best friend.

Could that be a line of dialogue in the show please?

...so much for my thinking that locking Failure up would be her exit storyline. Apparently no jail time required! Yay! Now everyone in Salem can go around bashing people's heads in and trapping folks in rooms and depriving them of oxygen.

Trask is bitchy, no question, but I liked her laughing at the stupidity of Abigail's excuses. Would have rather she locked her up though. How again is that not happening...??

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, SueB said:

Gabby:

Gabi.  Gabby is Abigail's alter.

Why is it safer for Marlena if she doesn't know where John and Paul are?

The little boys playing Tate are a lifeless sack.

I don't understand Maggie's support for Eve and disdain for Theresa.

Wow, Theresa, way to nark.

• Love 6
27 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

The little boys playing Tate are a lifeless sack.

Poor little guys probably don't know what to make of the camera and booms and all the strange people. But it was funny that Theresa went on and on about how much Tate was talking while looking/feeding the ducks, yet back home he not only didn't say a word, he didn't even smile.

• Love 4

I don't understand Maggie's support for Eve and disdain for Theresa.

Me neither. They've gotten all the rest of the continuity right - why forget that Maggie supported Theresa during her attempts to redeem heeself and start a company? She even yelled at Victor for continually calling her a whore!

• Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Me neither. They've gotten all the rest of the continuity right - why forget that Maggie supported Theresa during her attempts to redeem heeself and start a company? She even yelled at Victor for continually calling her a whore!

Maggie was going on about how Theresa is too impulsive and that Brady and Tate need stability--that's why she's supporting Eve.

I was giving Theresa the benfit of the doubt because I know she truly thinks Tate and Brady are in danger but there was no reason for her to call Mateo to warn him about the plan to rescue Chloe--this is going to come back on Theresa and make everyone hate her, and rightly so--meanwhile Kate continues to hurt people and she walks around scot-free.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

...so much for my thinking that locking Failure up would be her exit storyline. Apparently no jail time required! Yay! Now everyone in Salem can go around bashing people's heads in and trapping folks in rooms and depriving them of oxygen.

If they have a legitimate mental illness, then I suppose yes they could. And, it's not like a good portion of these characters (past and present) haven't done some heinous shit and still have gotten away with it. Gabbi herself has experience for getting off light for a heinous crime. I think the only reason Gabbi went to prison - briefly - for killing Nick is that CB left the show.

• Love 1
(edited)
22 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

If they have a legitimate mental illness, then I suppose yes they could. And, it's not like a good portion of these characters (past and present) haven't done some heinous shit and still have gotten away with it. Gabbi herself has experience for getting off light for a heinous crime. I think the only reason Gabbi went to prison - briefly - for killing Nick is that CB left the show.

I also think if CB wasn't leaving the show, they would have made someone else the person who killed Nick.

As for Abby, she killed Andre and then supposedly developed her multiple personalities. Her enablers believed that it was in self defense but the flashback showed that Andre wasn't trying to harm or kill her. She accidentally killed him as she did not expect the force of her blow would kill Andre. She is supremely lucky that Trask didn't throw the book at her and instead allowed Chad to persuade her to go easy on Abby with no jail time and whatever limited mental help that she is going to  get. 

Edited by nilyank
  • Love 4
(edited)
27 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Even in real life, having a mental illness does not absolve you of your crime. Did the person know right from wrong, when they committed the crime. Abigail's alters knew to set up Gabi for a crime that she did not commit. Not to mention, kidnapping and trying to kill 3 women.  Thomas should have been removed from her home, at the very least.. Supervised visits should be mandated by family court. I know that applying real world logic on a soap, is ridiculous, but, Abigail being free and doing as she pleases is going too far, if you ask me.. She should be in a mental hospital, getting help, supervision, medication and therapy.  She is too unstable and unpredictable to be in a free society. In Salem, Horton Princesses are special snowflakes and don't have to abide by the rule of law..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, nilyank said:

As for Abby, she killed Andre and then supposedly developed her multiple personalities. Her enablers believed that it was in self defense but the flashback showed that Andre wasn't trying to harm or kill her. She accidentally killed him as she did not expect the force of her blow would kill Andre.

People keep saying this - he wasn't trying to harm or kill her - and that it's not self-defense and I don't get it. So, what if he wasn't trying to kill her. He put his hands on her and physically tried to restrain her and I think he said he was going to do whatever it took to keep her from telling Chad and Kate what he'd done. I don't know about you but if someone did that to me I would have felt completely justified in doing whatever was necessary to protect myself. Also, I'm not sure why you use the term "supposedly" in relation to her multiple personalities. She has multiple personalities. The audience witnessed this on-screen. It's not a mystery or something that she made up.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that applying real world logic on a soap, is ridiculous, but, Abigail being free and doing as she pleases is going too far, if you ask me.. She should be in a mental hospital, getting help, medication and therapy.  She is too unstable an unpredictable to be in a free society.

You're right real world logic has nothing to do with soaps - especially a show like DAYS. And she was ordered to go to mandatory treatment, so this idea she got off scot-free is false. And, again, I'm not exactly sure why Abby getting off is some bridge too far considering the criminals who get off all the time on this show and other soaps. Unless an actor is exiting the show, or the show happens to want to do a prison storyline, no contract character pays for their crimes, especially lately. Is Stefan going to prison for rape? No. Chad for assault? No. Tripp for whatever it is he did to Kayla (this was before I started watching)? Apparently, not. Will Kate go to prison for attempting to kill Vivian when it's revealed what happened and that Vivian is alive? No. 

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

You're right real world logic has nothing to do with soaps - especially a show like DAYS. And she was ordered to go to mandatory treatment, so this idea she got off scot-free is false. And, again, I'm not exactly sure why Abby getting off is some bridge too far considering the criminals who get off all the time on this show and other soaps. Unless an actor is exiting the show, or the show happens to want to do a prison storyline, no contract character pays for their crimes, especially lately. Is Stefan going to prison for rape? No. Chad for assault? No. Tripp for whatever it is he did to Kayla (this was before I started watching)? Apparently, not. Will Kate go to prison for attempting to kill Vivian when it's revealed what happened and that Vivian is alive? No. 

I despise Abigail..  For years now, she has gotten away with her bull. I am just tired of the Horton Princess, never paying for anything. From sleeping with EJ, setting up Austin, going around town attacking people, I have had it with her.. Now she has her DID to fall back on...

• Love 9

Abby had to believe that Andre was going to cause her great bodily harm or death in order for Abby to justify that as a reason for killing Andre. Yes, Andre was a psycho serial killer and extremely dangerous, but Abby thought he changed. When she hit him over the head, she was upset with him for lying about sabotaging Chad and Dimera Enterprises. Not because she realized that he a dangerous man.

She killed him accidentally but she still had to prove that but that was swept away.

Of course, Abby developed her multiple personalities after she killed Andre. I just find it suspicious at the timing of when it happened. I find it ridiculous that she had this split happened because Andre died.I am just waiting for Ron to reveal that she has been suffering for this disorder from a lot longer that she thought.

I don't expect the rules of real life to happen on soaps or for characters sticking around the show to be punished for crimes that they commit. However it is still ridiculous and extremely offputting that Abby is walking around town without getting any treatment yet since Chad declared that the alters are gone. And Gabi is still in prison after Abby accepted her plea in court and admitted that she was the one that killed Andre and her alter lied in court that sent Gabi to prison for her action.

• Love 5

Wow, I wasn't watching when Theresa was on before, and I know a lot of people like her, but she is very unpleasant IMO. I know she's been through an ordeal but her complete unwillingness to realize that time didn't stand still and that Brady can't just simply pick up with her like nothing happened makes her look really self-centered and detached from reality. And then her calling to tip off Mateo to John and Paul coming was really low. I know her excuse is she's worried about Tate and Brady, but she's not in captivity anymore. She has resources to try and protect them and instead she's not only putting Chloe in danger but John and Paul as well.

4 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

I despise Abigail..  For years now, she has gotten away with her bull. I am just tired of the Horton Princess, never paying for anything. From sleeping with EJ, setting up Austin, going around town attacking people, I have had it with her.. Now she has her DID to fall back on...

Well, at least you admit your bias. I'll admit that a lot of the reason I like Abigail and have defended her because I think a lot of the vitriol she gets is way over the top and has always put me off.

4 minutes ago, nilyank said:

Abby had to believe that Andre was going to cause her great bodily harm or death in order for Abby to justify that as a reason for killing Andre. Yes, Andre was a psycho serial killer and extremely dangerous, but Abby thought he changed. When she hit him over the head, she was upset with him for lying about sabotaging Chad and Dimera Enterprises. Not because she realized that he a dangerous man.

She killed him accidentally but she still had to prove that but that was swept away.

Of course, Abby developed her multiple personalities after she killed Andre. I just find it suspicious at the timing of when it happened. I find it ridiculous that she had this split happened because Andre died.I am just waiting for Ron to reveal that she has been suffering for this disorder from a lot longer that she thought.

I don't expect the rules of real life to happen on soaps or for characters sticking around the show to be punished for crimes that they commit. However it is still ridiculous and extremely offputting that Abby is walking around town without getting any treatment yet since Chad declared that the alters are gone. And Gabi is still in prison after Abby accepted her plea in court and admitted that she was the one that killed Andre and her alter lied in court that sent Gabi to prison for her action.

Abby didn't intend to kill Andre. She didn't hit him because she was upset with him for his lies. She hit him because he was PHYSICALLY ASSAULTING her. I don't think at that moment she knew what he was going to do. If someone grabs you and physically assaults you and you defend yourself, that's self-defense. 

I will agree with you that the reason for her DID is ridiculous.

Again, maybe the show should have signified this much clearer, but Abby did not get off scot-free. She has court-mandated treatment and I believe it was mentioned that she'll have to go away for that. And, while Abigail's alters are why Gabi is in prison, Abby is not the reason Gabi has had to wait so long to get out. For some reason, the show decided to play this somewhat realistically that Gabi wouldn't just be out of jail with a snap of anyone's fingers, despite Abigail's confession. 

• Love 3
(edited)
10 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

Wow, I wasn't watching when Theresa was on before, and I know a lot of people like her, but she is very unpleasant IMO. I know she's been through an ordeal but her complete unwillingness to realize that time didn't stand still and that Brady can't just simply pick up with her like nothing happened makes her look really self-centered and detached from reality. And then her calling to tip off Mateo to John and Paul coming was really low. I know her excuse is she's worried about Tate and Brady, but she's not in captivity anymore. She has resources to try and protect them and instead she's not only putting Chloe in danger but John and Paul as well.

I don't care for Theresa either and she is beloved on this board. On other boards, Theresa is loathed.  I hate Theresa mainly because my favorite supercouple, Kim and Shane were thrown under the bus to prop her.   I just tolerate Theresa now and Jennifer Lilley is back for a bit. I will get a break from Theresa, soon. Whereas,  Abigail has been front-burner for years, now. I need a break from her..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Theresa is trash. Such a vile, selfish character. There is no excuse for what she did today, calling Mateo and warning him. She can leave anytime now.  

• Love 5

Gabi is still in the prison hospital? Why is there never a nurse or doctor checking her out?

Smart move, Theresa - calling up your 'slave' driver. Your sympathy quotient has gone downhill. Brady should choose your sister over you.

John and Paul, you wouldn't think that Mateo wouldn't know you were coming? Kinda cold of him to kill his minion.

• Love 9
On 5/24/2018 at 2:57 PM, peachmangosteen said:

I still love Xander. He's fun. I personally like him better with his shirt on though. I appreciate the chest hair, but his boobs are bigger than mine.

Ha! Me too.

On 5/24/2018 at 3:00 PM, drtslim said:

Sounds eerily similar to Messica over on OLTL.

Ack, I’ve spent years trying to erase all memories of Messica from my mind. It’s been tough lately considering this storyline is basically a carbon copy of that one, though at least this time the main actress can actually act.

My espanol is no bueno, but I googled the translation of “el fideo” and it seems to mean noodle or beanpole. Honest. So either I’ve messed up the spelling or the days writers picked the lamest nickname ever. Anyone here know Spanish?

• Love 6