Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Did everyone in Salem get the same great Hong Kong hotel deal at salemtravels.com? For such a luxury type hotel, you would that the restaurant would be a bit more glam? Hong Kong has amazing restaurants - even if it's just dim sum. Why are they all staying at the same place?

Gabigail went through customs with her wig on? Her passport would show a strawberry blonde woman. She put the wig on after she left the airport?

Why does Chad need to follow his wife?

Justin, not the best opening argument for your client. Did the footage and photos show that Gabi was wearing the bright blue nail polish that she wore for seemingly weeks?

Awww, what a way for JJ to find out about one lie. Wait til the other whopper comes out.

• Love 2

I was surprised at how much I liked the trial. I like how both Rafe and Eli straight up answered the questions, and I thought Justin did a decent job, I don't know that I've ever seen him trying a case before. Lani at the end was great. But what the hell was Melinda (is that her name) Trask wearing? that was some damn weird looking dress, what was with all the pieces attached at the front, like she might need a napkin at any moment

• Love 5
6 hours ago, annabel said:

I was surprised at how much I liked the trial. I like how both Rafe and Eli straight up answered the questions, and I thought Justin did a decent job, I don't know that I've ever seen him trying a case before. Lani at the end was great. But what the hell was Melinda (is that her name) Trask wearing? that was some damn weird looking dress, what was with all the pieces attached at the front, like she might need a napkin at any moment

I can't even remember the last time I saw a trial on Days, so like I posted upthread, I was thrilled to see the courtroom.  It is moving just a tad too fast, but so is every other storyline, so I won't grumble about it too much.  And it will have to go on until at least next week when Abigail is due to testify.  It was great to see Justin in courtroom attorney mode.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Justin, not the best opening argument for your client. Did the footage and photos show that Gabi was wearing the bright blue nail polish that she wore for seemingly weeks?

LOL.

• Love 1
10 hours ago, Frozendiva said:

Awww, what a way for JJ to find out about one lie. Wait til the other whopper comes out.

You don't really think Lani is going to admit sleeping with Eli while she was dating JJ, do you? I'm sure she'll tie this back to her PRIOR relationship with Eli instead.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, plurie said:

You don't really think Lani is going to admit sleeping with Eli while she was dating JJ, do you? I'm sure she'll tie this back to her PRIOR relationship with Eli instead.

Maybe. Well ... probably. But I will admit I was pleasantly surprised when she said she'd slept with Eli. I thought the show would end with her simply saying she'd slept with Gabi's boyfriend. And then we'd come back on Friday to her saying she once slept with JJ.

• Love 4
16 hours ago, Rowan said:

Is he supposed to be this vile creeper taking advantage of a woman he knows is mentally ill? If so, good job show, 'cause he's gross. 

More shades of Ford. Does Carlivati actually think this is edgy or interesting?

• Love 2
40 minutes ago, Sandman said:

Does Carlivati actually think this is edgy or interesting?

He must, he's done it once before and now it looks like he might be doing it again.  And please remember that Ron is not the only one responsible for this story, there is a production team supporting this awful story.

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Rowan said:

I've been thinking this since Gabigail emerged. Do they want us to think he's this disgusting opportunist. Is he supposed to be this vile creeper taking advantage of a woman he knows is mentally ill? If so, good job show, 'cause he's gross. 

The problem is I don't think they want his character to come across this way. I'm sure they're going for some misguided grayish middle ground type area, but they overshot their landing zone. All they had to do was have him fall for her as Gabigail without knowing she had a life as Abby. There's your out on him being conflicted. I could give a shit if he stole Dimera, but this is something else entirely. 

More than just gross, he's gross and boring. There is just nothing to this character at all. His doesn't visibly react to anything. He doesn't seem to care about anything. We're told he's a conniving business man. We're told he's ruthless. We're told (and we kinda see) that he wants Abigail/Gabigail. But none of that comes across in the acting. He's just ... there. Even in the scenes with Abigail/Gabigail, it's never really clear to me that he's attracted to or is intrigued by her. There is all of this crazy stuff happening around him (Abigail's alters, a murder investigation in which everyone thinks he's the killer, a corporate takeover, the planting of evidence to frame someone else) and he's just standing there looking bored out of his mind.

Anything I think I know about Stefan, I only know because other characters tell me it's so or the dialogue makes it clear. He gives me nothing.

• Love 11

I don't think Tyler Christopher is all that and a bag of chips anyway, but it might have helped if Ron and co had tested him around the canvas a bit more.  Because it's felt like he's been in the same room with the same people fooooreeeevvvver.

Also, if they wanted to put him with (ugh) Gabigail, why not at least do it the Nash way.  They could have retconned it that Gabigail emerged while Abigail was "dead" and had a fling with Stefan, who would be none the wiser to Gabigail being an alter.  And then you could at least him being conflicted once he realized.

It's just all, as Vince1178, so boring and gross.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, TeeVee329 said:

Also, if they wanted to put him with (ugh) Gabigail, why not at least do it the Nash way.  They could have retconned it that Gabigail emerged while Abigail was "dead" and had a fling with Stefan, who would be none the wiser to Gabigail being an alter.  And then you could at least him being conflicted once he realized.

So agree.  Same story with no sleaze.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, sugarbaker design said:

And please remember that Ron is not the only one responsible for this story, there is a production team supporting this awful story.

This is very valid observation: this story is boring, gross, unoriginal, and concurred in by a bunch of people we might reasonably expect to know better!

A sidenote: even the summary supplied for my PVR is making a distinction between "Gabby" (the name for the one tangled up with Stefan at Castle Dracula) and "Gabi" (the name for the one who's on trial in the swiftest prosecution on record). This entire story can be boiled downed to spelling, people!

• Love 1

Well that baby reveal wasn't what I hoped for. ? I truly expected the who's daddy stuff to come out at more eventful place and event, not the Salem PD.  I think TPTB flopped on that a bit.  Had all the good stuff happened at the courtroom it would had gotten a 10/10.  But at the police station... I wasn't feeling it.  As for the dialogue, Lani admitting it and having Gabi/Eli walk on her and JJ was fine. 

I'm not trying to complain but I wished they gave "Gabby" a better way wig.  MM has somewhat of a big forehead in this wig.  A good lacefront would had been so much better.   But back to the story, I recognized in Thursday's episode while watching on caption, Stefan and the actual Abigail personality was truly communicating and having some chemistry, not wasn't Gabby or Laura.  Starting to believe Abigail is lusting after Stefan after all, which is no surprise, since she's becoming this show's version of a Steffy Forrester but just the crazy, unhinged kind.  

• Love 3

I thought Stefan was a millionaire before he became Stefan.  Doesn't he know about things like sea urchin?

Er, Judge, when you declare a recess, aren't you supposed to say when to come back?

I'm confused.  "Gabigail" had one of the headaches which usually means a change of alters, and yet "Gabigail" comes out of it?

Where's your wedding ring, Rafe?

Whoopsie, Lani.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, BlackMamba said:

Well that baby reveal wasn't what I hoped for. ? I truly expected the who's daddy stuff to come out at more eventful place and event, not the Salem PD.  I think TPTB flopped on that a bit.  Had all the good stuff happened at the courtroom it would had gotten a 10/10.  But at the police station... I wasn't feeling it.  As for the dialogue, Lani admitting it and having Gabi/Eli walk on her and JJ was fine.

The weakest person in this story is Lani and she should be the strongest--watching her cry didn't make me feel bad for her, instead I felt nothing because the actress isn't conveying anything.  JJ looked shell-shocked and in deep pain, Lani looked like she was trying to emote, she just wasn't doing a good job with it.

• Love 11

I wish that the whole Lani truth thing had come out in court and not in private at the police department office. At least Gabi will get to lay in to Eli - again - for lying to her. And for keeping Lani's secret. Yeah, he had his reasons. Lani did have a weird logic that telling JJ the truth would hurt him. So would 18 years of child support! And then probably finding out within 5 years that the baby wasn't his. He had every right to know from the get-go and then if he wants to plan a life with Lani - to be a willing step-parent or work out some arrangement with the real baby daddy, if he wishes to be in the picture.

Trask's makeup looked a bit vampy for a court date.

The Hong Kong thing is why is everyone there? I would think that Stefan and Abs/Gabigail flew business class so the flight would have been quite comfortable. Maybe a short nap along with a nice, hot shower and then business meetings the next day,

My gripe with Gabi's trial is that it happened so fast - the evidence against her is circumstantial and I don't know what jurisdiction anywhere has a trial so quickly. Usually there is a wait of many months to a few years, depending on the available court. It just seems like a Salem version of Kangaroo Court.

• Love 3

don't soap trials always happen quickly (when they happen at all)? no reason to drag out the whole thing when Gabi can be found no guilty and back to business as usual by the end of next week or the week after.

• Love 2

I can't muster up even a pretence of sympathy for Lani, she deserves everything she gets.  I'm sick of JJ getting the shaft.

If "Gabigail" is interested in Stefan, she's nuttier than I thought.  TC isn't phoning it in, he's writing it out in long hand and mailing it by Book post.  

I hope Show is only paying him in hair plugs:  I've seen better acting from the undead extras on The Walking Dead.

Edited by boes
  • Love 14
7 hours ago, boes said:

I can't muster up even a pretence of sympathy for Lani, she deserves everything she gets.  I'm sick of JJ getting the shaft.

If "Gabigail" is interested in Stefan, she's nuttier than I thought.  TC isn't phoning it in, he's writing it out in long hand and mailing it by Book post.  

I hope Show is only paying him in hair plugs:  I've seen better acting from the undead extras on The Walking Dead.

That's what I loved about Stefano and Andre. They could be evil as well as charming. That's what made them so appealing. I don't see any of those qualities in Stefan. All he do is brood.

I think it's just all about a paycheck for Tyler.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Sidney said:

I think it's just all about a paycheck for Tyler.

About a decade or so ago (seems that long, anyway!), I recall TC had a prime time show pilot in the offing, and the outlets were saying how it seemed like a sure thing. Well, it never got picked up. Coincidentally or not, that is when his comatose style kicked in.

I could be off base and perhaps there's no correlation, but maybe. But if that's the case? He's still on TV and still getting paid. He needs to perk up by a billion. Other soap "lifers" still put effort into things.

• Love 3

They could have retconned it that Gabigail emerged while Abigail was "dead" and had a fling with Stefan, who would be none the wiser to Gabigail being an alter.

That would have been so much cooler. The missing chapter!

I agree it was cool seeing Justin in lawyer mode. It was not cool, however, seeing Kristen's 2012 Salem Inn room set again, especially with that same damn yellow painting that was seen in the DiMera offices, what? Last week? I hate that thing. Otherwise, I don't mind the Hong Kong hotel set. But shouldn't Belle and Shawn D have a home? They've been living there two damn years.

I wonder why Hope didn't take Ciara back to HK with her. No, wait, scratch that, I know.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 3
10 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

I wonder why Hope didn't take Ciara back to HK with her. No, wait, scratch that, I know.

I was wondering why she didn't take Claire with her, you know to visit with her parents.  Has Claire even been to Hong Kong?  Poor girl's South Africa trip got cancelled. Hong Kong would have been a nice reward, too, for telling Hope about Rafe, and being on Hope's "side".  Everyone else just wants to forget what Rafe did, because he "loves" Hope.  I know they were "on a break", but still I'm Hope's side.  In fact, I'm on any side that keeps Rope apart, forever.

• Love 5

I really like Paul and Will, there's just something about the actors together that is really working for me, but they would have benefited even more had the show actually taken its time with this "triangle" with Sonny. Have Will actually try to make it work with Sonny for a little bit longer while fighting his attraction to Paul and eventually realize that it's not working and THEN he and Paul slowly become friends (and actually maybe spend time giving us Paul being torn over his growing feelings for Will and his feelings for Sonny) and fall in love, etc. etc and then after establish that relationship have Will get his memory back and be torn between Sonny and Paul (with him ultimately choosing Paul) although frankly I like amnesia!Will quite a bit and hope he doesn't get his memory back lol. But I've given up on soaps wanting to take their time with storylines especially romances these days so I'll take what I can get with them.  

I only watch this show on and off but I have to say I'm digging Billy Flynn with that facial hair. I wish he was free of this Gabigail storyline and Abigail in general though. There was so much potential with him and Gabi chemistry-wise and they let it all go to waste. What a shame. I want to see him in a fun, soapy romance because BF can bring the funny and this pairing with Abigail makes Chad boring as hell because Marci Miller just seems to lack energy acting-wise. 

Edited by haje
  • Love 7

Marci Miller just seems to lack energy acting-wise. 

I used to say that Ricky Paull Goldin as Jake on AMC seemed to have so little energy that I sometimes expected him to just put down his head and take a nap. He was wasted on Chrishell Stause who there was very sparkly and fun

• Love 2
6 hours ago, peachmangosteen said:

I'm somehow a "they were on a break!" person and a person that is annoyed by everyone acting like Claire is evil for telling Hope/Hope should just forgive Rafe at the same time.

Me too.  LIke, yeah, they were on a break, he didn't cheat.  BUT, he should have told Hope before they got married.  No, SammI didn't do anything wrong by sleeping with Rafe either.  That's not the problem, the secret is the problem.  The fact that half of  Salem was actively making a plan to deceive Hope is a problem.  All of that is definitely information she should have had before marrying Rafe.  Claire was right.  You can question her motivation, but she did exactly what she should have, what Ciara should have done when she found out.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Me too.  LIke, yeah, they were on a break, he didn't cheat.  BUT, he should have told Hope before they got married.  No, SammI didn't do anything wrong by sleeping with Rafe either.  That's not the problem, the secret is the problem.  The fact that half of  Salem was actively making a plan to deceive Hope is a problem.  All of that is definitely information she should have had before marrying Rafe.  Claire was right.  You can question her motivation, but she did exactly what she should have, what Ciara should have done when she found out.

You know what they say it is not the crime, but, the cover up that gets you in trouble.  Rafe is officially the new Daniel. Everybody has to sing his praises and handwaive his mistakes.

• Love 7

Is Anna still in Salem and still in a relationship with Roman, but somehow not attending the murder trial where she is still being fingered as a potential suspect?

Did I miss the one episode where they abruptly established that all of Abigail's alternate personalities are aware of each other and aware that they don't make sense because they are simply impersonations of real people? Because I'm not getting this business about Gabby wanting to be Gabby while completely understanding that she's not Gabby at all because Gabby is back in Salem on trial.

Damn, this shit is stupid. I've been watching so I don't know how I missed what I assumed would be a major reveal about Abigail's mental state and all these alters.

I really dislike Freddie so that colors my opinions on Sonny, but I still can't disagree with his comments to Will and Paul. If both Will and Paul ever loved Sonny then they wouldn't be hooking up with each other like this. That's pretty nasty. That being said, I don't think any one of these characters looks good in this current triangle and I don't know why they've gone this route. What's the point of showing three men continuously in bed with each other? It hardly advances the gay rights agenda by portraying gay men as having such flimsy relationships as to swap partners every couple of years or months.

None of the three of them are truly desperately, passionately in love with someone. Sonny seemed in love with Will, but that was years ago and now he's frustrated with who the current Will is. Paul seems to madly love Sonny, but now he's over that since Sonny dumped him. Paul obviously isn't madly in love with Will as much as willing to bed him. And then there's Will, who has a huge crush on Paul but in his mind has never been with a guy before. I don't really see his feelings for Paul as true love as much as infatuation and curiosity. So none of the three of them are in love with each other, making it impossible to care about the outcome. There's nothing to root for. I suspect the show will have Will's memory come back once he's heavily involved with Paul, prompting him to eventually make the decision to reunite with Sonny. But were that to happen I would feel terribly for Paul being essentially used by this gay couple over the last few years.

I'm still intensely frustrated that all of the years Paul spent emotionally hung up on Sonny before, during and after they originally dated have still not been factored into the show at all. It's like the show's afraid to write about who Sonny and Paul were the first time they were involved with each other. I know that Paul knows that Sonny is into comic books...but that's it.

Rafe is officially the new Daniel. Everybody has to sing his praises and handwaive his mistakes.

True, but he doesn't come across as smug and condescending as Daniel did. I think that helps a tiny bit.

• Love 4
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Did I miss the one episode where they abruptly established that all of Abigail's alternate personalities are aware of each other and aware that they don't make sense because they are simply impersonations of real people? Because I'm not getting this business about Gabby wanting to be Gabby while completely understanding that she's not Gabby at all because Gabby is back in Salem on trial.

Damn, this shit is stupid. I've been watching so I don't know how I missed what I assumed would be a major reveal about Abigail's mental state and all these alters.

Stefan blew the cover to Gabby a while back. He ripped her wig off and forced her to see that she was not the real Gabi, but only one of Abby's alters. That's what brought Dr. Laura out. She needed to a) protect Gabby from the pain of the truth and b) chastise Stefan for making Gabby see the truth. So now both Dr. Laura and Gabby are aware they are alters. And Gabby wants to take over for good.

The shit is still stupid (especially if you spend more than 8 seconds thinking about Stefan's motivations), but they did at least explain this particular piece of stupidity.

• Love 6

Days was whether good today.

Casey Moss, what an actor.  This RC writing has resurrected his standing on the show and in daytime.  I'm just in love with CM.  As for the scenes at the station, I thought it was solid.  Still annoyed this happened at the Salem PD but the execution and delivery of CM/SS/LA/CB were nicely did.  JJ was giving me that old JJ anger and emotion range when he first came on the show and was rebellious.  He was clearly hurt and felt betrayed by Lani and rightfully so.  Lani also made her points she didn't want JJ to go over the edge but she bite herself in the ass saying she still wants JJ to raise Eli's kid like this whole thing didn't happen and it can be patched right up.  Gabi dragging Eli, I was here for it.  He half assed told the truth about he and Lani.  Half truths don't fly well in a supposed loving relationship, he knows better, and I really like Eli.  Again Gabi's anger was justifiable IMO.

YAAAAAAS THANK GOD FOR DOUG AND JULIE!!! They finally called Rafe out for being messy and and breaking Hope's trust by keeping his secret about he and Sami.  For two weeks, I've been greatly disappointed in Shawn, Ciara and Jennifer for doing this whole "poor Rafe slip and fell in Sami's bed but it's no big deal Hope take him back" bullshit.  The imbalance was maddening!!!  Rafe needed to hear he played this all wrong because his little feelings were hurt over a damn wedding date.  This isn't his first rodeo where he penis penetrated between two women before and usually all the time Sami is in the middle of it.  So yes, while it makes Julie and Doug hypocritical considering their history and how they were back in day with Addie, it was refreshing as hell seeing someone cut for Hope and have her side since her own children and cousin dropped the ball! 

Ok, not going to lie, but I'm somewhat liking Gabby/Abby and Stefan chemistry now.  At first, I didn't care for it.  But MM and TC are making me buy into them.  So their scenes were kind of hot today, no lie. 

• Love 4

I did like Gabi's telling off Eli and JJ's telling off Lani and good for Eli for looking ashamed and guilt-ridden for how his actions have hurt Gabi and JJ.  Not too fond of his acting protective of Lani who deserves to be castigated left and right but at least he's reacting correctly to the situation.  Unlike Lani, who can't muster up any believable emotion or reaction.

This alter story is so lame, with Gabby sitting in her black dress and wig discussing Abby and how strongly her personality is fighting her.  There is nothing strong about MM or any of the characters she plays.

Julie and Doug were wonderful with their Rafe hate--hold strong with that :)

• Love 6
13 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

True, but he doesn't come across as smug and condescending as Daniel did. I think that helps a tiny bit.

So we've exchanged someone smug and condescending for some who's smug but couldn't spell "condescending"? Not exactly a sea change there.

And just because Julie and Doug are technically correct (for once) to be scornful of Shut Up, Rafe! doesn't make them less odious to me.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 5

I've decided I don't necessarily hate MM's portrayal of Gabby.  In fact, I like her better as Gabby, than Abby.   And I am seeing just a speck of a spark between her and Stefan.  But I DO NOT want Stefan to sleep with Gabby. And I hope the fact that he mentioned Gabby was in Abby's body, means they won't go there. 

I think instead of going the with the mentally ill woman, and different personalities, they should have made Gabby be a doppelganger, because I do think MM is having more fun playing her than Abby.  And, yes, I know Salem has already had TOO MANY doppelgangers!

Loved Julie and Doug telling Rafe off.  Still don't like the way everyone says "Sami" as though she is all to blame.  Especially when she isn't even around to defend herself.

Good fallout in the baby reveal, though Lani still didn't rise to the acting level required.  So, do we all think Gabi will get back with JJ, and Lani with Eli?

Lastly, so glad Hope is going to annul the marriage.  Hope she finds someone else.  Or they leave her single for a while like they did Jennifer. 

• Love 4
41 minutes ago, buffynut said:

Loved Julie and Doug telling Rafe off.  Still don't like the way everyone says "Sami" as though she is all to blame.  Especially when she isn't even around to defend herself.

I just had a funny mental image of Sami constantly checking her ringing phone, seeing that it's someone from Salem calling to yell at her, sending it to voice mail, and going back to whatever she's doing, maybe having a tasty snack, not giving an F.

In not-fun news, the ending with Abigail regaining control and not knowing where the hell she is.  Ew ew ew.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 4

Stfu, Julie.  Just, stfu.

"You should've when you could've but you didn't."

I wonder how bitchy Julie will be when she finds out Lani was lying about the baby.

So much good acting today.  JJ/Lani, Gabi/Eli.

As much as I think the DID storyline is stupid, Abigail coming to in Hong Kong may be worth watching.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Silver Raven said:

I wonder how bitchy Julie will be when she finds out Lani was lying about the baby.

I wonder how bitchy Julie will be when she finds out that Abigail has a Gabby personality. 

• Love 11
4 hours ago, Sandman said:

And just because Julie and Doug are technically correct (for once) to be scornful of Shut Up, Rafe! doesn't make them less odious to me.

2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I wonder how bitchy Julie will be when she finds out that Abigail has a Gabby personality. 

I'm just grateful that one of Abby's personalities isn't Julie.

Gotta take the good wherever you can find it.

• Love 14

I thought the actress who plays Lani did better today with the baby daddy reveal than she did with the one night stand reveal. The sad thing is, I did have sympathy for her at the very beginning of this pregnancy, but the writing along with the way she chose to play some of the scenes did the character no favors. 

I wonder if Gabi will end up forgiving Eli 'cause that's going to tick me off a little. I remember her venom at JJ when he failed to disclose that Abigail was really alive. That was her final straw. Not that it affected her in any real way except that it meant she'd have a rival for Chad's affections. She'd forgiven him for sleeping with Lani, as she has Eli, but him keeping that from her really pissed her off and she ended it, but that's nothing compared Eli directly lying to her face about knowing he was the father of Lani's baby.

I guess my point is I liked JJ and Gabi, and the half ass way the writers ended it in an effort to push Chad and Gabi left a sour taste in my mouth. Now, I want the character to be consistent and stick to her guns. So, Eli should be history. I'll want a JJ/Gabi redo. 

• Love 3

Lani, maybe JJ will cool down after a while and decide for himself that he really loves you and wants to spend his life with you. Your lie was a whopper and disrespectful of him.. He will need to see if he does want this. You lied to him Love comes with no conditions, but what's going on is codependence. You enabled a young man who was going through some tough times and had and still has some mental health issues. They don't go away when you tell him he's going to be a daddy. That's just giving him another 'high'.

Eli is the responsible adult. Whether you choose to have a relationship with him or just be co-parents, that's it. Lani disrespected so many people to cover for her omission - herself, JJ, Gabi, Eli, Abe, Valerie, Jennifer, etc.

Julie's mouth is just flapping with Rafe. Eventually they will forgive him. But I really still don't get their worship of Princess Hope. Yegads, she is not an innocent college age young woman - she's 50 or so! Love and relationships are complex and Rafe ain't the charming Prince. He is a man who has issues and baggage.

Stefan shouldn't have set up Chad with drugs. That's China and not a cool thing to do. There were other simpler ways to get rid of him. Eventually he will learn about Gabigail.

• Love 6
5 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Stfu, Julie.  Just, stfu.

"You should've when you could've but you didn't."

So much good acting today.  JJ/Lani, Gabi/Eli.

As much as I think the DID storyline is stupid, Abigail coming to in Hong Kong may be worth watching.

Good post, Silver Raven!

STFU Julie can never be said enough, never.

All I could really hear when she was blathering was "honk honk honk honk ourpreciousNick honk honk honk ourprincessHope honk honk honk yourmurderouSister honk honk honk".

And all I could see were

giphy.gif

two angry muppets.

And enough with those two, or anyone, calling Hope their "Princess".  It's a little on the creepy side to have that nickname for a woman damn close to her AARP membership.

Casey Moss was excellent, just excellent, today.  He's one of my favorites, has been since he first appeared and IMO he just gets better and better.  Sal Stowers was the best I've seen in a long time.  I'm surprised Eli's skin isn't peeling off after Gabi put him on blast.  Good stuff from all of them today.  I still hope JJ kicks Lani to the curb, though.

I enjoyed Chad and Shawn Douglas in the Hong Kong storyline and I thought MM's Gabby was good, too.  Hope was okay riding shot gun but I'm kinda done with people telling her what to do about Rafe, unless it's having him made into a throw rug.

• Love 13
8 minutes ago, boes said:

Hope was okay riding shot gun but I'm kinda done with people telling her what to do about Rafe, unless it's having him made into a throw rug.

No need. Just annul and forget his existence. I'd love to forget (Yawn!) Rafe exists. I really wish/hope that this is truly the end, but I don't trust this show.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, boes said:

Julie is entirely unqualified to be an alternate personality, lacking a discernible one of her own.

Aw, I loved Stadtler and Waldorf! Those old dudes knew a thing or two about hatewatching.

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3
14 hours ago, nilyank said:

Or that the person who framed Gabi was her precious Abby. (well one of the alters but still)

Also, I'll hate myself but I'm going to love Julie's laying into Lani.

11 hours ago, Rowan said:

I guess my point is I liked JJ and Gabi, and the half ass way the writers ended it in an effort to push Chad and Gabi left a sour taste in my mouth. Now, I want the character to be consistent and stick to her guns. So, Eli should be history. I'll want a JJ/Gabi redo. 

Bring on JJabi V2.0. I loved them. 

Today is my Horita day of jubilee!!!!!

• Love 2
16 hours ago, buffynut said:

So, do we all think Gabi will get back with JJ, and Lani with Eli?

I hope! Well, I hope JJ and Gabi get back together. I don't care about Lani/Eli.

Everyone in the JJ/Lani, Gabi/Eli scenes did good work, but SS was a step below the rest. Still better than she has been lately though. I was really loving Gabi. Her lines were great and CB was delivering them perfectly. CM is so good. He subtlety was perfect.

I skip everything Gabigail related, but I caught the end with Abby coming back out and I am marginally intrigued again.

Edited by peachmangosteen
  • Love 5
15 hours ago, boes said:

Oh, Jesus. Can you imagine? She can go off on the horrible murderess Gabi. Then Gabby can come out to play and go off on what a shrew Julie is. Fun for the whole family!

I just really can’t stand Julie. She opens her mouth and I want to punch her in the face. Even when she has a valid point, she ruins it. Yes, Rafe deserves to be called out. But the transgressions of Rafe’s family have nothing to do with his keeping a secret from Hope. Nothing. Just once I’d like for someone (please let it be Gabi) to take a deep breath, look Julie in the eyes, and run through every horrible thing a Horton has done over the last 50 years.

Every. Last. Thing.

• Love 10