Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, annabel said:

what is Dario's thing that he knows that he can cut a deal and get into Witness Protection? I dislike him so much, cannot wait for him to be gone.

Does he have some connection to Theresa's drug dealer boyfriend in Mexico?

• Love 1

what sort of dirt might Dario have on this person? If one of Dario's problems is that someone wants him dead I'm not sure that Witness Protection will actually help him, this nefarious person would find him anyway. also, the sooner this gets rid of Dario the better, but if it could also bring back Jen Lilly!!!! that would be awesome

• Love 2
8 hours ago, ihavenoidea said:

Imo they aged up Brady way too much.  He was born 5 months before Abby.  It's just odd that he's now in some kind of love square with her mother.

Why is Gabi freaking out about a maybe kiss?  She was kissing Chad while he was married, then proceeds to tell Abby when she leaves him that they did nothing wrong.

Greg Vaughan needs to chill with the whispering.

I find the whispering happens a lot on this show. I have to put the subtitles on at times. But no one whispers more than Hope. It drives me crazy! Speak up girl!! She also has a weird way of pronounced some words.

7 hours ago, YupItsMe said:

Jennifer needs a mature, adult man who's closer to her own age (character wise) and in a similar position in life. Maybe they could get a hunky carpenter to do some work on her house and have them fall madly in love - until Jack comes back from the dead and ruins it all, of course.

I'm sorry but Eric and Brady are , and LOOK, way way too young for her. Yuck. 

Big mouth Jennifer does it again. She is such a damn interfering harpy. She hints to Brady that Eric still has a thing for Nicole. Mind your own damn business. Little Miss holier than thou. 

• Love 4
(edited)

I know that Ron is in the house with the doppelganger storyline. Today, I saw Sherry Anderson's fingerprints all over the place, especially with Steve and Kayla. She referenced the sign language, the yellow roses and the anchor necklace. Their history was respected today. I appreciate the conflict Abe has with Theo.  I liked how they touched that he's also afraid Theo would go down the same path as Lexie did, in going dark. History again well done.   Welcome home Sherry! This longtime fan has missed you..

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 8

So can someone help me out as a newish viewer? Has Gabi always had problems with her insecurity and being a shrew? Now I haven't seen today's show but what I'm reading on twitter and other places online is making me very disappointed in how they're writing the end of Gabi/Chad. 

Before Carlivati showed up I appreciated the scenes at the party and how it looked like they might be writing the ending of the relationship as Gabi not being desperate when Chad dumps her because of her lingering feelings for JJ.

Based on what I'm reading from today's show that appears to have changed. So is this status quo for Gabi or does this indicate that Carlivati might be writing Gabi with a different personality than she's had in the past?

• Love 1
(edited)
1 hour ago, SanLynn said:

So can someone help me out as a newish viewer? Has Gabi always had problems with her insecurity and being a shrew? Now I haven't seen today's show but what I'm reading on twitter and other places online is making me very disappointed in how they're writing the end of Gabi/Chad. 

Before Carlivati showed up I appreciated the scenes at the party and how it looked like they might be writing the ending of the relationship as Gabi not being desperate when Chad dumps her because of her lingering feelings for JJ.

Based on what I'm reading from today's show that appears to have changed. So is this status quo for Gabi or does this indicate that Carlivati might be writing Gabi with a different personality than she's had in the past?

I don't think she has always been a shrew, but imo she has always had a lot of insecurity.   That goes back to her and Will, she even went to Abby when Will wouldn't have sex with her, worried something was wrong with her.  As we all know know, it wasn't her, lol.

She let Nick basically treat Will and Sonny like crap, and not do much of anything about his homophobic ways as to not rock the boat in their relationship.

I never felt like Chad was gonna dump Gabi because of JJ, he was gonna dump her because of Abby.  Maybe Gabi's feelings for JJ would lead to a mutual parting though.

Dena Higley had written it as if Chad and Gabi were always meant to be, they went on one date back in the day.  They did not play baseball.  They did not have some great bond.  Abby "died" and Chad was comforted by Ciara and Belle of all people.  Not Gabi, she didn't come into the story until Higley got there.  

Ron seems to be writing Gabi as catching on, to me at least.  I think in the end she'll probably bow out gracefully.  To me Chad looks worse than she does.  Everything about today was the exact same as a Dena day except Gabi and Abby were reversed.

I'm a Chabby fan though so I'm biased.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 3

To me, Chad is the character taking the biggest hit in this story. I wouldn't have a problem if Gabi gave him all kinds of hell if he spends all his time mooning over Abby. All this triangle has been from the get is him pining for what he can't have while constantly reassuring the lady that's sharing his bed he's committed to her. He sucks right now.

Sure, Gabi has to know something is up when all his declarations of fidelity basically begin with Abby has moved on and, so, I will, too. He's not saying, "I love you more! And always wanted to be with you, but stuck with Abby out of obligation!" 

He's a tool with pretty blue eyes. Gabi and, yes, to me, even Abby both deserve better.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Apprentice79 said:

I know that Ron is in the house with the doppelganger storyline. Today, I saw Sherry Anderson's fingerprints all over the place, especially with Steve and Kayla. She referenced the sign language, the yellow roses and the anchor necklace. Their history was respected today. I appreciate the conflict Abe has with Theo.  I liked how they touched that he's also afraid Theo would go down the same path as Lexie did, in going dark. History again well done.   Welcome home Sherry! This longtime fan has missed you..

I haven't seen today's episode but I'm someone who always appreciates history being presented.  Did Abe give equal attention in telling Theo how Lexie was able to find her balance?  I would think that would be the bigger lesson in that once Lexie got over her "darker" period she actually had the most well adjusted perspective on her family.  She was able to really strike a nice balance of keeping Stefano, EJ, and Tony in her life and loving them without getting involved or condoning the things that they did. 

I don't follow head writers closely but my understanding is that Ron is really good as well with history.  Is it possible this is just as much his doing as Sherry's? 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Rowan said:

To me, Chad is the character taking the biggest hit in this story. I wouldn't have a problem if Gabi gave him all kinds of hell if he spends all his time mooning over Abby. All this triangle has been from the get is him pining for what he can't have while constantly reassuring the lady that's sharing his bed he's committed to her. He sucks right now.

Sure, Gabi has to know something is up when all his declarations of fidelity basically begin with Abby has moved on and, so, I will, too. He's not saying, "I love you more! And always wanted to be with you, but stuck with Abby out of obligation!" 

He's a tool with pretty blue eyes. Gabi and, yes, to me, even Abby both deserve better.

Exactly.  The person in the middle of the triangle almost always fares the worst.

Back this time in 2015, when Abby was waffling between Ben and Chad, she was highly annoying.

Or how about going way back, when Jennifer basically used Emilio during the triangle with Jack.  She even went so far as to almost marry the guy to get Jack to do something.  I wonder what the internet would have to say about that had it existed then.

• Love 2

I was just about to ask why Kayla was doing the pub's accounting, but Steve beat me to it.

Damn, DiMera Enterprises needs to do something to get Mister Shin off the board.  He's nothing but trouble.

Abe, Theo is an adult. But, Theo, maybe if you were doing something that you knew was likely illegal, you shouldn't be doing it in public. Also, Abe, you just stole from DiMera.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ihavenoidea said:

I don't think she has always been a shrew, but imo she has always had a lot of insecurity.   That goes back to her and Will, she even went to Abby when Will wouldn't have sex with her, worried something was wrong with her.  As we all know know, it wasn't her, lol.

She let Nick basically treat Will and Sonny like crap, and not do much of anything about his homophobic ways as to not rock the boat in their relationship.

I never felt like Chad was gonna dump Gabi because of JJ, he was gonna dump her because of Abby.  Maybe Gabi's feelings for JJ would lead to a mutual parting though.

Dena Higley had written it as if Chad and Gabi were always meant to be, they went on one date back in the day.  They did not play baseball.  They did not have some great bond.  Abby "died" and Chad was comforted by Ciara and Belle of all people.  Not Gabi, she didn't come into the story until Higley got there.  

Ron seems to be writing Gabi as catching on, to me at least.  I think in the end she'll probably bow out gracefully.  To me Chad looks worse than she does.  Everything about today was the exact same as a Dena day except Gabi and Abby were reversed.

I'm a Chabby fan though so I'm biased.

Thanks so much! I appreciate knowing some of the history behind Gabi. I never figured Chad would dump her over JJ but because of Abby and I figured she would be upset but not too upset because of her feelings for JJ. I just don't see that happening so far under Ron. It is still early days though.

I hope Gabi does end up bowing out gracefully and I agree that Chad does end up looking bad because as you said this is the same as Higley with the ladies positions reversed.

(edited)
1 hour ago, JBC344 said:

I haven't seen today's episode but I'm someone who always appreciates history being presented.  Did Abe give equal attention in telling Theo how Lexie was able to find her balance?  I would think that would be the bigger lesson in that once Lexie got over her "darker" period she actually had the most well adjusted perspective on her family.  She was able to really strike a nice balance of keeping Stefano, EJ, and Tony in her life and loving them without getting involved or condoning the things that they did. 

I don't follow head writers closely but my understanding is that Ron is really good as well with history.  Is it possible this is just as much his doing as Sherry's? 

This is all Sherry. Sherry has been with the show on and off for years. Ron does not have that history with the show. All of the supercouples on the show was created by her and most of the legacy children that came from them. The last characters that she created  were Kristen,Brady, Abigail, Belle, Kate, Lucas, Austin, Billie and Philip. Her last romances were Bo/Carly, John/Isabella,early Austin/Carrie and Victor/kate. Plus, the divine John/Marlena/Roman triangle.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Apprentice79 said:

This is all Sherry. Sherry has been with the show on and off for years. Ron does not have that history with the show. All of the supercouples on the show was created by her and most of the legacy children that came from them. The last characters that she created  were Kristen,Brady, Abigail, Belle, Kate, Lucas, Austin, Billie and Philip. Her last romances were Bo/Carly, John/Isabella,early Austin/Carrie and Victor/kate. Plus, the divine John/Marlena/Roman triangle.

Oh, I understand Sherry's history with the show.  I guess what I'm asking is that how do we know that this isn't a mandate from Ron as the head writer that "I want to incorporate more history into the show" and having the script writers follow through with that. 

My understanding is that both Sherry and Ron are "great" with history and bringing back characters.  I'm not opposed to giving Sherry her credit just that if this is a positive trait that both her and Ron share, I am all the more happy that it will continue with Ron taking over.

• Love 1
(edited)
38 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Oh, I understand Sherry's history with the show.  I guess what I'm asking is that how do we know that this isn't a mandate from Ron as the head writer that "I want to incorporate more history into the show" and having the script writers follow through with that. 

My understanding is that both Sherry and Ron are "great" with history and bringing back characters.  I'm not opposed to giving Sherry her credit just that if this is a positive trait that both her and Ron share, I am all the more happy that it will continue with Ron taking over.

Sherry was hired by Ken because of her history with the show. He called her an encyclopedia. She is very distinct in how she approaches it and I saw it today with  Steve and Kayla, both of whom she created. Plus she likes to write  sublime character-driven stories. Everything has a purpose and the plot serves the characters in a way that deepens your attachment to them. She  also hates retcons. It will be interesting to see how she approaches Paul.

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

So who is Dario's mystery partner in crime? Witness, er witless protection? Why? He's a goldfish in a sea of sharks!

Gabi, give Chad some time. He's not likely to marry you right now. He mourned who he thought was his dead wife, and now she's returned, but dumps him and you want a ring? Only not Abs' ring.

Abe, it really isn't your business what sort of job Theo has with the DiMeras. Chad is sort of an upstanding citizen, at least for now.

At least Steve and Kayla have some saneness to them.

• Love 2
(edited)

Everything with Chad would be so much better right now if they never had him agree to steal artifacts at Kate's urging a few weeks ago. It was an idiotic shift that was poorly explained by that annoying little talisman thing. It would be much more interesting for Abe to be freaking out in spite of Chad's spotless record. If and when Chad does go to the darker side, I would want it to be some Grand Story as was the case with Kristen and Lexi.

So I finally watched the episode where Nicole forgives Eric and I have to say I did choke up at the end a little bit as Nicole sadly and awkwardly acknowledged Eric's borderline suicidal guilt. Of course, way too much harm was done to Nicole's character these last few months, so seeing her suddenly change her tone and admit that she has something to apologize for was hard to swallow. Maybe if they had given Nicole a few episodes of just processing what a bitch she had been, it would have felt like a better course correction then this one or two episode shift.

Consider how effective it would have been for her to simply take the letters, then bring them home and read them over - while sneaking away from Brady to do so - and then reflect on all the horrible things she had said to Eric the last few months. They could have spent one episode focusing on Nicole shifting towards forgiving him and then finally had the episode where she does it. I think that would have doubled the emotional punch.

Still, the acting was pretty solid and I think the writing felt honest too. See how decent/good this show can be when actual human emotions and behaviors are the inspiration point for scenes? Go Ron and Sheri, go!

I'm still disappointed with how Brady is acting though. Jennifer is being surprisingly likeable and level-headed, which is making me feel all weird and twitchy. I so got used to hating her! Now on some level I'm kind of hoping she and Eric do get to roll around in the hay a few more times before this show is over....

Jordi is showing all kinds of wonderful shades of humanity in his portrayal of Doomed Dario. I really like this actor now and I hope he gets some good jobs from here on out.

I can't get over how stunning Nicole looked in that plum-colored off-the-shoulder number. If she's dressing like that for a day's work with Eric, Brady has every reason to be insecure!

It's too bad the Halo drug-fueled party at the Martin House wasn't rewritten and reshot to feature better scenes than what we actually got, considering those episodes are now playing such an important role in so many storylines. Eric/Nicole stuff was fine but the rest of it was lame.

Think they'll have a filmed flashback to reveal who actually killed Deimos?

She also hates retcons. It will be interesting to see how she approaches Paul.

Oooooh! I would love it if they retconned the retcon that was Paul's heritage.

Anybody else feel annoyed by how cheap the jewellery is on this show? Every time they have Steve or John or Abe give their ladies a trinket, it always looks like something that they found at the dollar store. Was it supposed to be a diamond necklace that Abe gave Valerie today? It sure didn't look like one! If there's no good budget or sponsors to provide fancy jewelry, don't write fancy jewellery into the scripts.

Damn, DiMera Enterprises needs to do something to get Mister Shin off the board.  He's nothing but trouble.

LOL! What did he do now?  Also: how many times has he actually appeared on the show? I seem to remember he might have been there when Stefano returned to help Chad stab Kate in the back during the Blue Suit boardroom meeting...

Has Gabi always had problems with her insecurity and being a shrew?

I can see what you're saying, even though I rather liked the rhythm in the dialogue between her and Chad. In fact most of the dialogue across the board is much more believable or at least has more interesting rhythms. But Gabi definitely did sound annoying railing on Chad for the stupid business that happened during the party.

Frankly, the way that they were positioning Chad and Gabi as having this red-hot undeniable chemistry, I'm really really surprised they didn't show us some huge awesome sex scene between them when they finally hooked up. We got a pretty gratuitous sex scene between her and JJ way back when they started first dating two years ago or so. The anticipation over Chad and Gabi finally becoming a couple made me think the show would going that direction mainly so they would have a good excuse to show two attractive people in constant sex scenes.

Instead, it seems like the show never wants to show any love scenes anymore. Wasn't that a big part of what made soaps appealing? Older women could tune in and live out their fantasies through these beautiful characters?

If this show was smart, it would let Chad and Gabi bump uglies constantly so that at least by the time they broke up for the inevitable Chad and Abby reunion, the audience would have gotten that whole thing out of their system and felt like they got their money's worth. The way things are going now it feels like this couple had such a big windup and practically no follow-through.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

I was just about to ask why Kayla was doing the pub's accounting, but Steve beat me to it.

Abe, Theo is an adult. But, Theo, maybe if you were doing something that you knew was likely illegal, you shouldn't be doing it in public. Also, Abe, you just stole from DiMera.

she said that roman took over the pub from mom. so are we ever going to find out more about caroline or the actress playing her? she must be ill or just too old to continue?

• Love 2
9 hours ago, DisneyBoy said:

Jordi is showing all kinds of wonderful shades of humanity in his portrayal of Doomed Dario. I really like this actor now and I hope he gets some good jobs from here on out.

Frankly, the way that they were positioning Chad and Gabi as having this red-hot undeniable chemistry, I'm really really surprised they didn't show us some huge awesome sex scene between them when they finally hooked up. We got a pretty gratuitous sex scene between her and JJ way back when they started first dating two years ago or so. The anticipation over Chad and Gabi finally becoming a couple made me think the show would going that direction mainly so they would have a good excuse to show two attractive people in constant sex scenes.

Instead, it seems like the show never wants to show any love scenes anymore. Wasn't that a big part of what made soaps appealing? Older women could tune in and live out their fantasies through these beautiful characters?

If this show was smart, it would let Chad and Gabi bump uglies constantly so that at least by the time they broke up for the inevitable Chad and Abby reunion, the audience would have gotten that whole thing out of their system and felt like they got their money's worth. The way things are going now it feels like this couple had such a big windup and practically no follow-through.

I agree with all of this. I feel for Jordi and hope he lands on his feet quickly. If only they'd brought him on to play Rafe!

I really hope Ron does bring back the love scenes now that Dena's writing is on it's way out (didn't I read that he's just tweaking her original at the moment and his actual writing won't start until later?). Bring back actual Love in the Afternoon already!

• Love 4

There was so much soapy goodness in today's show.  Gabby so many emotions.  Her brother was just going to leave with out saying good bye.  She finds out he is a criminal, his marriage is fake and that he didn't care enough to talk to her about any of it.   She could have just kept it to herself but to her credit she did tell Chad about Abby leaving.  

Rafe and Elli scene was really good.  Elli was really nervous so it does make you wonder who Dario turned in.  

Is Tripp afraid Steve is on to him ?   Will he try to pin it all on the nurse ? 

All this and there is still an unsolved murder   

• Love 2

I'm really a nice person in real life but please let Abby just shoot Dario and get it over with.  They have made him totally irredeemable.  He must be a good actor because I cannot stand him any longer.

On the bright side, I'm loving Steve and Kayla.

• Love 3

Steve has a job?  I know he allegedly works for Black Patch, but does he actually work?

Once again, Abe, it isn't your call as to whether Theo has a job or not.

Man, they're making Dario more and more douchey all the time.

Did Tripp take a shower after running with Joey before running out?

Abigail, you really don't want to leave with a guy who blackmails you and demands to see who you're talking to on the phone.

21 minutes ago, tribeca said:

Rafe and Elli scene was really good.  Elli was really nervous so it does make you wonder who Dario turned in.

Raines, maybe? It has to be somebody with clout.

• Love 2
(edited)

I'm trying to get a taste of Ron's show the last two days, and while Steve and Kayla remembering their anniversary was very welcome -- if a bit thin -- today ended with a "W-T-everloving-F?!?"  Joey is "so sorry, Ava" as he looks at a glossy headshot of her?  Ava tried to kill his mother.  She assaulted her and left her to die in a dirty little room so she could fuck his dad.  She did kill his grandfather.  It was more than enough that Joey was sorry Tripp couldn't meet her, but this...

Tripp's hatred of Kayla seems pretty visceral and instinctive.  Grosses me out where this is probably all going.

Yesterday's Gabi/Chad and Abby/Dario scenes seemed much more dynamic than today, but it may just be because I hadn't watched at all in a while.  Something I liked about Ron's show at GH was the way characters would interact and regroup during the show.  Scenes would play against each other.  Didn't get that today, even with Chad confronting Dario and Abby at the end.  Still feels like that slow as molasses DAYS momentum.  And having Abe/Andre/Chad spend so long talking about Theo felt weird, like it was just hanging out there, since he wasn't on.

Edited by lska
  • Love 3

Theo is an adult and he can work for the DiMeras. Lots of kids get summer jobs courtesy of their family. Chad isn't really dark yet and it's not likely that Theo will go down the DiMera Dastardly Rabbit Hole within a few weeks of doing tech support for his Luddite family members.

Steve, too easy to pin things on the nurse. Your spidey sense should be telling you that it is simply too convenient. Too easy to overlook the newly found 'son' from the dearly departed psycho Ava - yes, she just had issues. And chances are that Tripp will do something Ava-like to your wife. You really really do not know him and it's 2017 and not the 1970s Brady Bunch.

Geez, Dario - taking Abs with you? Really? You didn't need the 'marriage' so get it annulled, get outta Dodge and call it a day. You do remember what she did to Ben, right?

• Love 5
(edited)
1 hour ago, lska said:

I'm trying to get a taste of Ron's show the last two days, and while Steve and Kayla remembering their anniversary was very welcome -- if a bit thin -- today ended with a "W-T-everloving-F?!?"  Joey is "so sorry, Ava" as he looks at a glossy headshot of her?  Ava tried to kill his mother.  She assaulted her and left her to die in a dirty little room so she could fuck his dad.  She did kill his grandfather.  It was more than enough that Joey was sorry Tripp couldn't meet her, but this...

Tripp's hatred of Kayla seems pretty visceral and instinctive.  Grosses me out where this is probably all going.

Yesterday's Gabi/Chad and Abby/Dario scenes seemed much more dynamic than today, but it may just be because I hadn't watched at all in a while.  Something I liked about Ron's show at GH was the way characters would interact and regroup during the show.  Scenes would play against each other.  Didn't get that today, even with Chad confronting Dario and Abby at the end.  Still feels like that slow as molasses DAYS momentum.  And having Abe/Andre/Chad spend so long talking about Theo felt weird, like it was just hanging out there, since he wasn't on.

The Tripp story is just bad and it is still Dena, even though Ron is trying to fix this. I will never understand why the show thinks that we would be interested in instant children like Tripp, when we have so many legacy children that are blank canvases out there that could be brought back and integrated into Salem.. I would love to see Noelle Curtis, Andrew Donovan, Alexander Kiriakis,  Sarah Horton,  and Stefanie Johnson come back.  

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4
(edited)
On 2017-07-26 at 11:33 PM, Frozendiva said:

So who is Dario's mystery partner in crime? Witness, er witless protection? Why? He's a goldfish in a sea of sharks!

And a goldfish clearly starved of oxygen, at that. (And now I have the image in my head of Goldfish Dario, ::bloop::-ing disconsolately.)

Edited by Sandman
  • Love 3

Johnny and Ally are all grown up, huh?  SORAS grown up, or just getting older?  And I wonder how Sami got those pictures to Marlena.  Plus, I wonder if Sami sent a picture of Sydney to Lucas.

"You're a DiMera.  Murder is in your blood."  Er, Dario, your father was an assassin.

Hasn't anybody at the hospital done any autopsies or medical tests to find out if the patients actually injected any of those extra meds?

Ooh, big turnaround from Nurse Shelly.

Wow, Billy killed it in his confrontation with Abby.

• Love 1
(edited)

Anybody else find the "take Gabi with you have to" comment from Chad to Daario a little gratuitous or was it just me?

We all know where this is all going do you have to kick Gabi while she's down? I half expected her to be listening around the corner just to twist the knife.

Of course I could just be annoyed because I'm a Gabi fan, LOL

Edited by SanLynn
  • Love 1
(edited)
33 minutes ago, SanLynn said:

Anybody else find the "take Gabi with you have to" comment from Chad to Daario a little gratuitous or was it just me?

We all know where this is all going do you have to kick Gabi while she's down? I half expected her to be listening around the corner just to twist the knife.

Of course I could just be annoyed because I'm a Gabi fan, LOL

I actually think he said Abby.  I think the word take before it made it sound like Gabi.  I say this as a Chad and Abby fan, lol.

People called her Abby from birth, but when Kate Mansi came on the Gabi character had come on a few years before, when Abby was off canvas.  I guess the writers didn't want rhyming names so they had everyone call her Abigail from then on.  Billy will call her Abby a lot, occasionally JJ or Jennifer, but I think they use Abigail in scripts because it lessens the confusion like today, maybe he ad-libbed Abby instead of Abigail?  She's still always Abby to me though. 

I think they were finally getting to the root of Chad's behavior today, so that made me happy.  It was ridiculous that they had him forgive her right when she came back.  He should have been angry, but I guess they wanted him to take Abby back so he could pine for Gabi and create a triangle.  It only made all three of them end up looking stupid.

I really hope Ron can repair Chad, and to a lesser extent Abby and Gabi.  Even as a Chabby fan I've always liked Gabi, she needs a romance of her own.  I hate that they treated JJ/Gabi as such an after thought during their entire romance.  If written right that could have been really good.

Edited by ihavenoidea
  • Love 2

I watched the whole episode today. I think this was the first time this week. And I enjoyed the episode.  

It was nice seeing Marlena and Chris Roman interacting for a change. Course it's because of the Hattie storyline, but still I enjoyed them discussing their grandkids.

And I even liked Claire today. And that's the first time in a long time.

I'm struggling with Morgan Fairchild's Angelica. Much like KD's Eve feels like a brand new character to me, so does the current Angelica.  And I'm still distracted by MF's face and hair. DH seems so much more natural in comparison.

I like the nurse, Shelley. Wonder if they are keeping her around. 

I missed most of the Chad/Gabi romance. Are they officially over now?

I too hope Ron can repair Chad. And, for me, Gabi too. I liked her when she first came back from prison, but now not so much. 

For the first time in a long time, today's show felt like a Friday episode.  Cliffhangers and all.

• Love 8

Thanks @ihavenoidea. I totally read that scene wrong then. But I also tend to read twitter before I watch and I think someone was saying Gabi and I just had it in my head before I watched.

I did find it a bit odd when I read it the first time too because why the hell was Gabi even brought into that discussion except as the reason Chad knew about this whole thing.

Your way makes a lot more sense. lol

4 hours ago, Silver Raven said:

Johnny and Ally are all grown up, huh?  SORAS grown up, or just getting older?  And I wonder how Sami got those pictures to Marlena.  Plus, I wonder if Sami sent a picture of Sydney to Lucas.

Johnny and Sydney are EJ's children. Allie is Lucas'.

I thoroughly enjoyed today's show. Well, wait, there was a pretty decent dose of Joey's dumb ass thrown in there. However, I'm liking Theo being involved in Dimera intrigue. 

Even, if I didn't enjoy the direction this quad seems to be moving in, which I kinda do, I could still appreciate the performances. They make it work. I've never been more entertained by Dario than I am now. I'm liking him in this delusional, bad guy mode. JV really is trying to make his character's ridiculous, out of the blue fixation on Abby work. His performance to me says "why not me?!" He's desperate and it's coming through. Kudos to MM and BF, as well, today. 

Felt like a good old fashioned Friday. 

• Love 3

Ah, so now things should get interesting.  Steve seems to be on to Tripp now, thanks to Claire's tip-off.

Thank God Abigail can finally stop being a coward and just tell Chad why she was leaving with Dario.  But I imagine that something on Monday will stop her from doing that.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Silver Raven said:
2 hours ago, nilyank said:

I would be all for the show making  Johnny and Sydney Lucas' children and not Sami's rapist..

• Love 1

Marlena getting to see Hattie so quickly? I too find MF as Angelica distracting with the hair and facial fillers. Maybe they will start to go down and be more natural soon.

Good for nurse Shelley to stand up for herself. And Claire's yapping to Steve that Tripp spent a lot of time at the nurses' desk. Tripp came to town, Ava's 'death', Kayla's sudden patient drug overdosing or whatever it was. The dots kinda fit.

Thought Chad said Abby instead of Gabi. Dario is getting more desperate by the moment.

• Love 4

I actually thought Morgan Fairchild's face looked much better today, like the fillers had relaxed a little? she looked not as puffy as she did before. the hair is still terrible though.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, nilyank said:

And they are all Marlena & Roman's grandchildren so why would she just send a photo of the twins and not include Sydney?

• Love 2
19 hours ago, nilyank said:

I just assumed the poster was pointing out that Lucas might be interested in what the other children look like now as well, considering they were always treated as a "unit" especially Johnny and Allie.  But you're right it may of just been a typo.

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, bantering said:

Has it ever been explained how Dario turned out so different from Rafe? Ugh, has Rafe not noticed that his brother is a bit psycho?

Eduardo was super hitman.

Arianna went to jail for running drugs thanks to hooking up with the wrong guy.

Gabi ended up killing Nick.

Dario came by it honestly.

Rafe is more the oddball of the Hernandez family with his law and order attitude except when it comes to covering crimes for the people that he cares about. And yet he is the only one of the Hernandez family that I have hated.

• Love 7

I do think Rafe is a hypocrite, but Dario's blackmailing of Abigail seems somewhat reminiscent of EJ, and I just can't fathom why he hasn't noticed that his brother is somewhat weird in that regard. I feel he should at least notice a little bit. Well, since he's a police officer and all. Maybe it's the fact that he hasn't noticed that's bothering me more than the possibility that Rafe might be an anomaly in his family. 

• Love 2

Rafe is more the oddball of the Hernandez family with his law and order attitude except when it comes to covering crimes for the people that he cares about. And yet he is the only one of the Hernandez family that I have hated.

Ha! Same. I didn't like Eddie much though.

I won't be okay with Rafe and Hope as cops for the rest of their tenure though. Roman was decent enough to resign after going rogue for Hope. Why haven't they done the same?

• Love 3