Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

All the bombs going off bothered me too. This has now gone beyond local and on to statewide, nationwide..heck..WORLDWIDE news. Orpheus would be considered a terrorist.

did they mention number of casualties?

• Love 3

The teen scene acts like some fake teens - most teens these days have things to actually *do*. If they are in college, they have readings to do, and papers to write. Claire, Ciara, and Joey could simply transfer to an out of state college and disappear. I did like Theo, though.

Yes, Bianca/Blanca should have been wearing gloves - she is a nurse! Depending on the emergency triage unit, most likely some sort of facemask. Hair also pulled back and out of the way.

Kate is responsible for bringing Clyde to town initially, but he is responsible for his own actions since. He very easily could have dropped in to Salem on his own.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, Frozendiva said:

The teen scene acts like some fake teens - most teens these days have things to actually *do*. If they are in college, they have readings to do, and papers to write. Claire, Ciara, and Joey could simply transfer to an out of state college and disappear. I did like Theo, though.

Yes, Bianca/Blanca should have been wearing gloves - she is a nurse! Depending on the emergency triage unit, most likely some sort of facemask. Hair also pulled back and out of the way.

Kate is responsible for bringing Clyde to town initially, but he is responsible for his own actions since. He very easily could have dropped in to Salem on his own.

He actually did drop into Salem on his own.  Kate visited him for surveillance and information.  He got suspicious and found her in Salem which lead him to Jordan.

• Love 1

Bit of a weird day. I didn't mind Orpheus setting off bombs as much as I minded not seeing them. Paul being injured was a total WTF moment since we had no understanding of what it was that injured him. I remember from one camera move last Christmas that there's supposed to be a wall with a window facing the living room that we're always looking at where Marlena sits and talks with people. Did that window break? And if so how bad was the impact or shockwave that the explosion shattered glass enough to really mess up Paul like that? And yet still none of the rest of the room seemed in any way affected. It was just so weird. I feel like Paul might have just been banging his head against the wall for how stupid the writing has become...

The phone joke - yeah let's call it that - with Ciara and Claire really shouldn't have stayed in the episode. It made both actresses look completely incompetent and it made the director look bad as well. If the joke doesn't land just cut it or give them another take.

Why are all the teen characters still talking about Joey? He's not interesting or particularly relevant to the story now that he has been rescued. Are we supposed to be into how determined he is to run out into danger? If the show wants us to see how much he is like his father in the heroism department, they need to recast with an actor who doesn't sound like his nasal passages are blocked and he doesn't understand basic arithmetic. This guy is seriously making Brady look like Einstein. Maybe the two of them can get together and learn how to tie their shoelaces.

I liked that they finally wrapped up Dario's storyline, even if it was a bit anticlimactic. Hopefully this is the beginning of making Dario into a more likeable long-term character. If he could replace Rafe, I would be eternally grateful.

Blanca has got to go. I think the makeup department tried to tone down her looks a bit so that she didn't seem as stripper-like, but that's still all I'm getting. No offense intended to the actress but her acting ability really doesn't make me believe that she was ever a nurse outside of a bachelor party.

I'm a little disappointed this episode didn't end with anything particularly exciting. I would have actually liked some more time with Abe and Theo. I'm loving their stuff and the reveal that Abe will be needing another surgery could have been really exciting and emotional if they'd made it the ending.

I only realized today that Doug and Julie have been AWOL for weeks. Have not missed them a single bit. However, Victor, Maggie and Caroline's absences have been felt. I got so used to hearing Maggie crying and whimpering about all the bad stuff going on that it seems strange not to hear any of it now that this town is being blown to pieces supposedly...

Whoever said the FBI would have gotten involved by now is exactly on the money. I think Dena and Josh took this a little bit too far in terms of the scope of their reign of terror. But then, I also find it really difficult to believe that these three goons who were so obviously flaunting their faces on television would really be that hard to spot. They've been walking around town constantly for weeks and only getting glimpsed by certain characters.

By the way, what happened to Xander? Wasn't he also supposed to be at the docks when Steve and John went there? Is this all happening on the same night still? I feel like we totally lost the Xander plotline after they started to build it up...all for the sake of a detour with Dario and Eddie. This isn't their story and we could have gotten these moments later on.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, LocalGovt said:

Theresa and JJ?  Isn't there (supposed to be) like a 10 year age difference between them, with her being the elder?

There's probably more than that between Hope and Rafe. I would have to look up the actor's ages, but as far as characters, Rafe was once with Sami, and Hope is old enough to be Sami's mother-just as a point of reference.  I don't have a problem with age differences in pairings, as long as they are interesting and have chemistry. Which Rope does not IMO.  Theresa and JJ, back when both were bad-didn't they have a thing, briefly? Maybe it was just me wanting it. I think they would have been good together, but not as a forever love.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 2

Theresa first appeared as a client of drug-dealing JJ. They became involved and she overdosed while with him...and Daniel was in the middle of that somehow (man, I'm glad he's gone).

I really liked that they showed us pairings we haven't seen in a while. Ciara/Kayla was nice, as was Theo/Kate (was that adult Theo's first scene with Kate?) and Joey/Sonny/Paul.

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 1

Ah okay, so I am remembering right. I thought Teresa and JJ had good chemistry.  I looked up the age of GG and KA, there is just under eight years between them. I would have guessed almost twice that, but GG just has a very youthful, boyish face.

• Love 1

When Sonny first found Paul injured it seemed like Paul was close to death.   Steve came in to save the day saying "we can't wait.  We must get him to the hospital now ".  Think hero Steve may have even picked up that big boy and threw him over his shoulder.  Who knows it was too dark to see anything.  Did think it was going to get all soapy with Paul barely hanging on and sonny admitted his feelings.  Instead we see Paul all smiles with his legs crossed in the hospital not looking hurt at all 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, tribeca said:

When Sonny first found Paul injured it seemed like Paul was close to death.   Steve came in to save the day saying "we can't wait.  We must get him to the hospital now ".  Think hero Steve may have even picked up that big boy and threw him over his shoulder.  Who knows it was too dark to see anything.  Did think it was going to get all soapy with Paul barely hanging on and sonny admitted his feelings.  Instead we see Paul all smiles with his legs crossed in the hospital not looking hurt at all 

All smiles?  I was wondering why he was so upset.

• Love 1

Yes I thought he was smiling a lot.  He also had his legs crossed which you can't do when you are in pain.  It's something doctors look at after people are in car acccidents. 

jmho Sony and Paul's acting choices that day took me out of the scene 

• Love 3

Paul was deliberately saying he was fine and smiling and telling Sonny and Joey that he needed to be alone because of the prior "moment" with Sonny.  He woke up to Sonny leaning over him caring for him and holding his hand and then he saw that award or whatever with Will's name on it and remembered how Sonny has been about not being over Will and being "just friends."  So as much as Sparkle was enjoying Sonny's caring for him, he pulled back. 

• Love 2
3 hours ago, tribeca said:

jmho Sony and Paul's acting choices that day took me out of the scene 

Freddie's acting has been off, he used to be fine.  Now, I understand why Chandler got all of the attention, at the height of Wilson's popularity.  Freddie's subtle digs at the Will character in interviews, is very telling, in my opinion. His rumored jealousy of Chandler is not without merit.  He has offended the Wilson fanbase, who are still reeling from Will's gruesome murder.  He should have followed Allison Sweeney's lead, she has never publicly stated her favorite pairing, on the show, as Sami.  She  has had 5 different pairings on the show, if you include Austin, when he actually fell for her.  She is very gracious to the fans of all her pairings on the show...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I have a hard time believing that people really take a soap opera that seriously, that there's a fanbase of a fictional couple that is that offended by a pretend murder to the extent that they resent the actor playing the part.  Hard to get my mind around that.

I've never noticed any digs in Freddie's interviews, though I don't pay that much attention.

I do think Freddie's acting has been a little bit "off."

• Love 5

I have a hard time believing that people really take a soap opera that seriously, that there's a fanbase of a fictional couple that is that offended by a pretend murder to the extent that they resent the actor playing the part.  Hard to get my mind around that.

Many people have extreme reactions to pairings they enjoy. I missed all of Sonny and Will's beginnings so I wasn't that attached when the slow deterioration took place. But still, the crappy writing bugged me, and I hated how they killed Will. It definitely made Paulson unpalatable to me. I can only imagine what it felt like for people who rooted for Wilson to get together over the course of months only to have it royally butchered post-wedding.

Heck, I'm annoyed about how Bope ended and they were never more than window dressing to me. The writing for that legacy couple was apparently crappy even before the rushed/weird 50th send-off last year. Makes me irritated.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, lilly6 said:

I've never noticed any digs in Freddie's interviews, though I don't pay that much attention.

Me too. I missed a lot of Wilson and don't follow too the actors too much. But I can separate fact from fiction. For example, I'm probably one of the few that DONT like Sami..she's only tolerable with Lucas. Ali is hit and miss as an actress, but having seen her in interviews...I really like HER as a person. Same with Drake. Of course MBE and SN have the benefit for me of being awesome on screen AND IRL.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, lilly6 said:

This place is a tiny corner of the internet where the Days fans are sane and coherent.  I doubt anyone here has threatened one of the actors with bodily harm because of something their character did.  The other ones out there can be terrifying.

I never cared one way or the other about Wilson because I started regularly tuning in when their relationship was already in progress.  I did hate how they killed off Will though.  The Weston family was such a horrible addition to the show.

• Love 3
On ‎10‎/‎15‎/‎2016 at 10:12 AM, IWantCandy71 said:

There's probably more than that between Hope and Rafe. I would have to look up the actor's ages, but as far as characters, Rafe was once with Sami, and Hope is old enough to be Sami's mother-just as a point of reference.  I don't have a problem with age differences in pairings, as long as they are interesting and have chemistry. Which Rope does not IMO.  Theresa and JJ, back when both were bad-didn't they have a thing, briefly? Maybe it was just me wanting it. I think they would have been good together, but not as a forever love.

Actually Hope isn't old enough to be Sami's mother.  Not unless your counting early teenage pregnancy motherhood. Sami is about 39 or 40 now with Hope at 51 or 52.  It can be easy to forget but Bo is younger than Roman and Marlena and Hope is younger than Bo.  I wouldn't say there is necessarily a huge age difference between them just that the characters have been in different "age groups" for most of their time on the show. 

Hell, I remember when Hope first came back and was Gina she was actually paired more with the younger group of Austin, Carrie, Billie, and Franco, etc.

• Love 1

SORASng messes everything up, but technically, if this were real life, Hope would totally be old enough to be Sami's mother, as Sami was born in 84 and Hope was 17/18 then. There are 13 years between AS and KA, and actors with less age difference have played mother and child. Of course, Will would be mid twenties if he were alive, and Sami had him at 16, which technically would make her 41, and Hope's age is supposed to be about 53. So from that angle, no, Hope isn't quite old enough to be Sami's mother. As I said, SORASng messes everything up. Still, Rafe is about the same age as Sami, or a few years older, which still means there is a decade age difference between Rafe and Hope-a factor that I don't think has ever been addressed. I don't know if they are trying to DE-Soras Hope, after all, they've got her with Aiden too, and he's younger. So are we just supposed to think of Hope as their age, or what? It's confusing. You'd think they would just acknowledge the age difference and use it as built in conflict.

As far as people getting upset at a real actor over a coupling, you should visit Twitter and read the  bickering between the Sam and Liz fans on the GH side. It's downright scary. I totally believe that a fanbase would get ugly with a real actor over a fictional coupling-I've seen it happen. I've also known real fans to threaten and make horrible comments about other fans and their families, all over bickering over a fictional character or couple. Sad but true. I still remember in an interview many years ago, Jane Elliot (Tracy on GH) talking about how a friend of hers played a villainess on another show, and some stranger emptied an entire carton of milk over the actresses's head in a grocery store, all over something the character she played, had done. So some fans resenting an actor for his attitude over  a pairing or co star, seems mild to me in comparison.

Edited by IWantCandy71
  • Love 1
31 minutes ago, LeftPhalange said:

Shawn should be in his 30s so the only way Hope could be 51 or 52 is if she had him when she was 20 or younger. 

Well since Shawn was slightly SORASED, it messes with the ages a little but Hope was in her early twenties when she had Shawn.  So instead of being 24 it is now 20 if your going chronologically.  It was really Claire's SORASING that slightly aged Belle and Shawn.

I always had the impression that Rafe was a few years older than Sami, not many but a few which would put at most a ten year age gap between Rafe and Hope.  I don't think that is significant enough for it to be a plot point, and Hope certainly isn't old enough to be his mother.  I would think the fact that he was married to her niece and interested in her other niece would be  a much bigger factor.

14 minutes ago, JBC344 said:

Well since Shawn was slightly SORASED, it messes with the ages a little but Hope was in her early twenties when she had Shawn.  So instead of being 24 it is now 20 if your going chronologically.  It was really Claire's SORASING that slightly aged Belle and Shawn.

I wish soaps would stop giving so many characters babies while they're in their early to mid 20s.

• Love 3

Jen is just the worst when it comes to the legal system. No, moron, a judge and jury are not going to forgive Hope's murdering of a defenseless old man over his past - unproven - crimes against her family. And Aiden is not going to stop pressuring her out of the goodness of his heart either. She couldn't think of one helpful suggestion, could she? I hate Jen.

I do not buy for a second that Chad and Gabi have long-term potential. I'm sure Chad will enjoy their hookup, but if this drags out into some triangle with NuAbby it's going to be unbearable, IMO.

I guess I just don't like Gabi very much. She just never seems like a normal humble person as much as one of those people who always wants you to think that they look good. She's never given us 'ugly', has she? Maybe if she was a stronger actress her looks wouldn't be such an issue. I think Zucker is gorgeous but she can act too, which makes all the difference.

I did, however, I really enjoy the twist with Deimos whisking Xander off to Greece. Paul Telfer is a gem that the show threw away needlessly. I would rather he not play a villain but I definitely like that they're keeping their options open. He may never actually appear again and might only be referenced, but I still think it's a better move than killing him.

Couldn't a bomb at the pub have been Orpheus' first move?

Edited by DisneyBoy
  • Love 4

I was already dreading Failure's eventual return and now I'm dreading it even more now that it looks like the writers might do something with Gabi and Chad. That beast really ruins everything.

I like how Jen is more appalled at AIden blackmailing Hope than she is over her precious Cuz murdering someone. 

39 minutes ago, DisneyBoy said:

I guess I just don't like Gabi very much. She just never seems like a normal humble person as much as one of those people who always wants you to think that they look good. She's never given us 'ugly', has she? 

Is CB supposed to ask wardrobe and makeup to make her look ugly so she'll seem more humble?

• Love 7
1 hour ago, DisneyBoy said:

I did, however, I really enjoy the twist with Deimos whisking Xander off to Greece. Paul Telfer is a gem that the show threw away needlessly. I would rather he not play a villain but I definitely like that they're keeping their options open. He may never actually appear again and might only be referenced, but I still think it's a better move than killing him.

I'm glad the show let the viewers know Xander was still alive, as the way it was going it looked like viewers weren't going to know for sure. 

• Love 3

Really glad to see the short scene between Kate and Theo.  It was a long time coming. I loved how concerned he was for her.  They had such a special sweet relationship when he was young. 

• Love 3

No, do not like Gabi and Chad.  Chad will dump her ass the minute Abigail comes back, and we know that.

Jeez, could they have made that Roman scene on the pier any darker?

I never can figure out where Deimos is going from one minute to the next. But yeah, I knew he was lying.

More bombs.

• Love 1

Is CB supposed to ask wardrobe and makeup to make her look ugly so she'll seem more humble?

No, of course not. I think she's just playing that type of girl who becomes a model so well. Ever met someone like that? Very grating in real life. 

Again, AZ creates a character so her looks aren't the focus. I feel like in every scene all CB communicates is that her partners should find her very pretty.

• Love 2

So Xander lives. Deimos, you may regret it one day.

With all the cops and folks at the Brady Pub, when did someone have the time to put the bomb under the table? That really should have been the first move. Days could use a new set.

Not hugely fond of Gabi at this point. She's window dressing. Not much depth, nothing to really offer anyone. A nice distraction for Chad.

Jen needs a trip to rehab, or something. And a trip to the hair salon for a better style and colour. Shallow of me, but the white blonde is a 'no'.

• Love 3

Not shocked about Jenn's reaction to Hope's mess. She coddled Failure to no end. For the family that she chooses to acknowledge, they are always the victim.

Clyde's takedown was way too easy. For that matter Xander leaving was too. I have a feeling that this will come back to bite Demios one day.

It looks like Orpheus is the man with the plan. He was the brains of the operation from the beginning. 

This Gabi and Chad thing is just a time filler. We all know what Chad's end game will be. On the plus side, anything that puts Billy Flynn on my screen will be tolerated :)

• Love 4

Ugh watched a couple seconds of Jen & Hope & had to FF - they annoy the beejesus out of me - I actually liked Hope until they stuck her with Rafe.

Weirdly enough I kind of like Gabi & Chad (I liked Gabi with JJ too but I think I like her with Chad more) - I do hate that more than likely they'll be ruined when precious Abigail shows up alive & well

I also enjoyed the twist of Deimos helping Xander get out of town (I like Xander so am glad he's not in jail or dead) - I'm pretty sure this will come back to bite Deimos but at least Xander is still alive.

Now to tell with Orpheous - who is definitely the most dangerous of the three

• Love 4

So, something struck me today as I was watching Monday's episode.....Gabi is sitting there, talking to Chad, and has Arianna on her lap.   And she's talking about "all hell breaking loose".  Isn't it funny that they don't even think twice about using cuss words (yeah, some may dispute "hell") with a child on your lap?  And, as far as real life goes...the real-life parents of this child aren't concerned with this?  I would have been.  

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Princess Consuela said:

I also enjoyed the twist of Deimos helping Xander get out of town (I like Xander so am glad he's not in jail or dead) - I'm pretty sure this will come back to bite Deimos but at least Xander is still alive.

Lucky Deimos, if Xander decides to bite him.....I think I could suffer through it..... As an inanimate object, I like Xander ( for all the wrong reasons).

IMO this was another show misfire, making him virtually irredeemable after trying to kill Nicole and Eric and being so abusive to any woman who crossed his path.  That's why I have no problem with Theresa lying about his attempted rape.  He's a dangerous, nutjob psycho.

But then again, considering Salem these days, who ISN'T a dangerous psychopath?

• Love 5

I like how Jen is more appalled at AIden blackmailing Hope than she is over her precious Cuz murdering someone. 

It's just more of the Hope is a pretty princess nonsense the show has always tried to sell.

As far as the babies and using language around them, that's true-but I've always found having a baby in a scene with violence/arguing to be far more disturbing. I've seen some of the babies start sobbing and crying in those scenes, and I think-really, show? Having the baby in the scene is necessary? So, so dumb. And it's not just soaps that do it, either. It's cruel.

• Love 1

the discussion of people who take soap pairings seriously makes me think of something I read in one of my sister's soap magazines when I  was a Kid.   A woman wrote a letter complaining that three times she'd bought a new dress to watch Doug and Julie's wedding and all three times it was cancelled last minute.  

• Love 7
11 minutes ago, oceanblue said:

the discussion of people who take soap pairings seriously makes me think of something I read in one of my sister's soap magazines when I  was a Kid.   A woman wrote a letter complaining that three times she'd bought a new dress to watch Doug and Julie's wedding and all three times it was cancelled last minute.  

Hahaha!  

• Love 4

Why would JJ think Gabi would want to stay at Jen's and deal with rancid Julie? I would rather be held hostage by the fugitives than deal with Julie. 

Too bad the bomb didn't go off.

Steve, you should've shot Orpheous first and asked questions later.

• Love 6

OK, I usually defend Galen Gering's acting ability, because he's pretty decent at smartass.  But today he was horrible!  When Hope told him that Jennifer was about ten seconds from kablooey, he reacted like someone forgot to take the pickle off his cheeseburger.

Do we know who shot JJ?  I wasn't paying much attention.

• Love 3

Is that a different actor playing Seth Burns?

Why doesn't Gabi go and stay in the house of her brother the cop and her father the secret agent?  I don't blame her for not wanting to be near Julie.

Who was Hope talking to on the phone?  "There's a bomb strapped to Jennifer Horton", as if the person on the other end of the line is supposed to know who Jennifer Horton is. Hm,  I wonder why she goes by Horton.

Maybe if JJ had been doing his job instead of talking to his girlfriend on the phone, he might not have been shot.

Why isn't Rafe out on the streets?

No, cell phones don't have sounds like that when the line drops.

Damn, they managed not to blow up Jennifer.  :(

Ooh, Steve goes badass.

42 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Do we know who shot JJ?  I wasn't paying much attention.

Wasn't it Orpheus?

• Love 6

Marlena...could you be any more crass in your "goodbye" to Jen at the Pub?

She must have been having a senior day...when she saw JJ at the Square, she didn't even call him by name.  I thought for a minute she found a stranger.    Maybe she meant to act like a doddering old woman.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, LocalGovt said:

Marlena...could you be any more crass in your "goodbye" to Jen at the Pub?

She must have been having a senior day...when she saw JJ at the Square, she didn't even call him by name.  I thought for a minute she found a stranger.    Maybe she meant to act like a doddering old woman.

Don't tell me Marlena is still pissed about the fling Jennifer had with Eric. Let it go, you have bigger fish to fry. There is an unspoken rule in Salem that whenever a woman gets divorced or widowed she seems to revert back to her maiden name automatically.  Or should I say the name that the audience was introduced to her as.

• Love 4

Today's episode was pretty good.

Orpheus is such an awesome villain and he is played to perfection by GD.  I so want his character to be left alive and somehow make his way back to the canvass.  Andre sucks as a villain, please dispose of him and bring TP back as Tony; and the Kiriakis Clan of Dolts isn't moving me.  Deimos works best as a gray character because it enables the writers to play to VI's considerable charms.

For some strange reason, I don't remember GD being so much taller than DH (by the way, DH needs to trim his eyebrows, he's getting what I always think of as old-man eyebrows, you know, sort of bushy and scraggly).  I was both confused and entertained by the way the show made Orpheus be all, about John because of Rebecca's death, while throwing Roman's name in the mix.  I think it was the best way they could deal with all the retcon mess and John being not Roman and JT being Fauxman -- they acknowledged for long-time viewers that Orpheus was a character during DH's reign as Roman while throwing in that technically, the person he should be upset with is Roman (see show, this is what happens when you foolishly failed to reveal John as Roman once WN bailed for the second time). 

I love the way Steve nd Kayla are interacting with John, Marlena and company.  I especially love how Kayla is being written as of late, her concerns for safety and common sense are still at the forefront, but she is acting like who and what she used to be, Steve's partner in the fullest sense of the word. She never had the guns and stuff like Hope, but she was always in the mix and she always had Steve's back.  I know this won't last because Dena is Dena and she has never treated Kayla well, I still feel in my bones that she is going to interject her beloved Ava back into this show to make my girl's life miserable and Steve will once again forget how close he came to losing her and go back to being the guy Kayla (and I) began to feel like she would be better off without.

I loved the John and Marlena moments and Steve coming in to rescue John.  It befits his character and their history when John was Roman. When I was watching all these scenes, I wondered if any character outside of Orpheus who I clearly want left alive will be killed.  This is really the best way to facilitate a character's exit.  I doubt this ill happen and if it does, it will undoubtedly not be one of the characters I would knockoff, but I am curious to see how this plays out.

I really like Gabbi and Chad.  They are better matched than Gabbi and JJ or Chad and Abigail and far more interesting in terms of emotional investment.  Based on this, I will start to ff their scenes because we know Chad and Abigail will be shoved down our throats until we begin to regurgitate and find ourselves hate watching again. This is why I said Abigail should not have been recast so soon.  

I don't know if it is a sign of how far the character has sunk, how embittered I've become towards her character, or a combination of both, but I felt absolutely no sympathy for Jennifer when she had that bomb strapped to her.  All I could think was, here is yet another opportunity for the sanctimonious Horton harpies to have what the show thinks is a touching moment after they have ruined Hope and Jennifer for so many viewers.

No scene with Rafe is ever worth watching.  GG has done the impossible and made AM a ff moment for me.

6 hours ago, LeftPhalange said:

Steve, you should've shot Orpheous first and asked questions later.

Orpheus already had his gun cocked, Steve shooting him would likely have resulted in Orpheus spasming and his finger releasing the trigger, thereby killing John.

Edited by Happytobehere
Typos
  • Love 7

No posting ability on the PC, so it is the tablet.

Who put the bomb on to Jen? She didn't kick or scream or anything? Wasn't too sympathetic to her. She needs a nice long vacation.  Too bad she didn't go boom.

Hope was talking to someone on the bomb squad, or the only person on it. Former FBI Rafe should have some basic skills. Not ask daddy to troubleshoot.

No, Gabri, staying with Julie is a terrible idea. I wouldn't. With JJ shot, you will move on to Chad. Ciara will hate you, as will Abs, when she crawls out of the lagoon.

Steve, either shoot first and ask questions later or clock Orpheus with the gun. He is a good villain, and just needs to go away for a while.

• Love 2
23 minutes ago, Frozendiva said:

Who put the bomb on to Jen? She didn't kick or scream or anything? Wasn't too sympathetic to her. She needs a nice long vacation.  Too bad she didn't go boom.

Hope was talking to someone on the bomb squad, or the only person on it. Former FBI Rafe should have some basic skills. Not ask daddy to troubleshoot.

No, Gabri, staying with Julie is a terrible idea. I wouldn't. With JJ shot, you will move on to Chad. Ciara will hate you, as will Abs, when she crawls out of the lagoon.

Steve, either shoot first and ask questions later or clock Orpheus with the gun. He is a good villain, and just needs to go away for a while.

Jenn said - or rather, Hope told Rafe, I think - that some thug who she named came through the bedroom window and forced her into her bomber jacket.  What I didn't hear was anything about Caroline, whose bedroom I thought Jenn was in.  

I guess Caroline thought now that the town is on lockdown was a good time to binge watch Dance Moms or something.

Bombs are not Jenn's best accessories.  Colors were far too harsh.  Next time she's strapped up they should do her in pastels.  I hope Basic Black takes note for the next time Salem is in the hands of terrorists.  Niche market and all that.

I'm with Gabi regarding Julie.  In fact, Salem should have found a way to saddle Orpheus with Julie.  He'd have surrendered by now.

I love Kayla, my bona fides on that are clear.  But for God's sake, what's wrong with her sometimes?  Seth Burns is RIGHT about keeping the hospital on lockdown.  I get tired, very tired, of her always acting the martyr about taking care of patients when she should be flat on her back in a bed taking care of herself.  It's more annoying than it is inspirational, but then again I don't care for martyrs much.  Not Kayla's best trait IMO.

• Love 8

Justin and Adrienne were awesome, it reminded me of how good they were in the past. I despise Dena, but, her soft spot for Justin and Adrienne has always been clear.  A reunion is going to happen at some point, poor Lucas.  I am not feeling the chemistry test between him and Anne.  It just seems so random and not at all organic. Typical Dena...

I just hope that this was not the end of Orpheus...I loved his scenes with Marlena and we should have gotten some flashbacks on their time together, on that island.  Orpheus calling her a whore was over the top.  This show just loves to throw that word around. Victor is enough, we don't need another villain using that type of language. Orpheus never gave a thought about Marlena, to even have a negative impression of her. She was just a means to an end, to kill Rojohn.  It is what made him such a compelling villain. His indifference to her was chilling. Orpheus in character would have blown up the pub, without a second thought. No calls to John, no negotiations, just mayhem, death and destruction on his part.

Now is the time for Orpheus' children to come to town with vengeance on their minds...The villain story had its moments, but, in the end, it was a bust, typical Dena.. We will now move on, to the next event...

Melissa Reeves needs to stay out of the sun in Tennessee.  She looks haggard and that awful hair color is not a good look.  I am so embittered when it comes to Jennifer, I don't care about her pain. Why should I? she did not give a damn about Jack...

I don't even know why the show is doing a quasi Chad/Gabi/JJ triangle. The show never developed Gabi and JJ before, she sparkles more with Chad..Two young people with children coming together, could have been, a good love story.  Plus, they did awful things to each other in the past, it could have added another layer to their dynamic...

• Love 3