Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I turned the TV off after a few minutes...did Deimos totally tell Kate that he poisoned Maggie? And did she stay in a relationship with him afterwards? I'd like to think Kate would have kicked him in the nuts...

No way after he told her everything Victor had is now his.

• Love 2
(edited)

Chloe and Dan made no sense to me! Chloe and Lucas were a bit of a mismatch too. They at least looked good together : )

Lucas on paper is a good enough catch he's a caring father, has a good sense of humor, a hard worker, and can be romantic. It is crazy the network gets tons of tweets and emails (see it with my own eyes) about Lucas and yet they refuse to give him story.

Chloe tried to kill Carly for Dan..His peen was that good...lol  it must be really good, cause Jennifer became a hateful bitch...So did Nicole, she tried to set up Jennifer for her baby's death and Carly became an addict...Dan was a damn yeast infection....Chloe and Lucas bonded over Allie....They did not have chemistry at all...I remember Chloe and Sami had a catfight over Brady....lol..They blamed her for his addiction in Europe..Victor was very nasty to her, slutshaming her and forcing Philip to kick her out of the house...Philip and Chloe were so damn hot, when they were reconnecting after her divorce from Brady..I was always a Phloe fan.....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

It is a shame what they did and do to Chloe. I am a fan I liked her way back in the Ghoul Girl days. And the playing basketball with her pal Brady then admitting her feelings for him which caused Phillip to scream and cut down the tree that had their names carved into it. And her cancer. I loved all of it. Of course this show was different then, Kate and Sami and Nicole were slaying.

About today. The show can learn from it and compare to now no more propping of creeps like Dan to the point of every heroine loses her sanity or personality. No more heroines like trash heap Abigail. I am not even talking about how is with the constant cheating and chasing married dick. It's that she has no grit, no relatablity, is callous or bitchy even when the situation doesn't call for it, has no ambition, no remorse, no hilarious zingers. To provide a context I like Valerie on 90210 and Brooke on OTH .

• Love 6

Chloe cheated on Lucas with Dan. Kate found out and poisoned her. I think she actually poisoned her slowly over a period of time. She planned to frame Dan for the murder. I don't remember how it became known that Kate tried to kill Chloe but it's common knowledge. Somehow Stefano acquired evidence and said he wouldn't give it to the cops if she married him. No, no one ever tried to get revenge. And it should be noted that Kate trying to kill Chloe was especially cold since Chloe had donated bone marrow to her when she had lung cancer.

She had leukemia, chile

• Love 3

Kayla and Steve were everything today.  DOOL better not mess with this couple with plot points like Ava ever again.

As for Victor, I can't feel that sorry for him.  He's a cruel misogynist who admits to letting his brother rot in jail for thirty years for a crime he didn't commit; he's a vicious criminal but is harshly judgemental of others for things much less serious; and he bears some responsibility for Sonny getting stabbed and nearly dying but has never admitted it nor tried to bring the perpetrator to justice.  And that's only his awfulness over the past few months.  As evil and wrong as Deimos was for poisoning Maggie, at least he had the decency to apologize that shit went sideways.

Also, as much as I love LK and VI together, I don't understand what Days is doing with Kate.  Except for the brief partnership with Nicole and Theresa, Kate has been isolated since Sami left.  I thought when the show shortsightedly murdered Will that it would mean more Lucas and Kate, but they've had maybe two or three scenes together since then.  Kate was first stuck in a bubble with that awful hillbilly, then with Eduardo and now with Deimos.  WTF?

I'm liking the Hernandi as a group and I'm enjoying every bit of Spanish we get.  I've always liked Gabi separately however. She was damned funny freaking out over dumping Nick in the river so I feel like her acting chops were always there.  

Same here.  When I first started watching, Camila, Molly Burnett and Kate Mansi were the three twentysomething women on the show.  Camila was miles ahead of both of them in acting ability then and now.  She was great during the stalker goes psycho and blows up the tunnel story, too.  I really hope she sticks around for a good long while.

• Love 11

Same here. When I first started watching, Camila, Molly Burnett and Kate Mansi were the three twentysomething women on the show. Camila was miles ahead of both of them in acting ability then and now. She was great during the stalker goes psycho and blows up the tunnel story, too. I really hope she sticks around for a good long while.

I hated when the show was trying to write the show around Melanie all those years ago. She improved as an actress in the long run but God that was when they were forcing the audience to like Taniel and Melanie as a family. UGH.

• Love 2

I'm watching Show right now and Brady has made Theresa call Summer about Maggie.  How about making Theresa call Maggie's TWO OTHER DAUGHTERS as well, you know, the ones she actually raised?  And maybe her GRANDSON THE DOCTOR??????????  Hell, even Melanie, for Dog's sake.  

Show might have forgotten Maggie had a whole other life before Surfer Duude fell into her life but we remember.

• Love 13
(edited)

I'm watching Show right now and Brady has made Theresa call Summer about Maggie. How about making Theresa call Maggie's TWO OTHER DAUGHTERS as well, you know, the ones she actually raised? And maybe her GRANDSON THE DOCTOR?????????? Hell, even Melanie, for Dog's sake.

Show might have forgotten Maggie had a whole other life before Surfer Duude fell into her life but we remember.

SIGHS... I was thinking that too.

It's so annoying.

John and Maggie have gotten so much rewritten history on Days. I'm more confused why Maggie's history had to rewritten and reconfigure the last 7yrs. It's like these fools really think the remaining loyal soap fans are that dumb and ignorant we won't read the history or look at old footage to know something is off with this character. I can suspend my disbelief on somethings but this Summer thing is so terrible and the plotting is so ridiculous even for Days standards.

Edited by BlackMamba
  • Love 2

So more Show....Kayla and Steve, you're all right, those today were perfection and they both were sexy as all get out.

I wish Show wasn't so lazy with Kate and hadn't gone back to Evul Kate.  But at least time, unlike with Clyde, she's not being duped, she knows exactly how evil Diemos is and she's thrown in with him to get revenge.  I may wish it was different, but I can understand the motivation.  

I used to like Victor, enjoyed him being the Truthteller, especially to Brady.  I'm not so crazy about him anymore, but I'm still mighty fond of how John Aniston portrays him.  His nasty assessments of everyone, even when they're right no longer seem like some sort of wisdom, just the automatic reflex of a self-centered old ass.  Yeah, he loves Maggie - so what?  That's not enough to make me sympathetic to any character.  So I don't  mind Deimos taking his stuff - don't like him poisoning Maggie - but I think I will enjoy watching these two pros fight it out.

Days has a continuing problem with overreach, IMO, with having people do absolutely terrible things - think Theresa and the fireplace poker - and then expecting us to forget all that when they redeem the character.  Every now and then, maybe - with almost every new character? - boneheaded move.

• Love 5

Summer (daughter ?) is still very much a stranger to Maggie. A proper way of handling this would be to inform her of the accident and then she can express concern and offer help if able to do so. Being called to go to the bedside of the biological mother you found out about 24 hours ago? A tad inappropriate. Maggie's other immediate family, of course.

Hopefully Kate will keep Deimos as an enemy - keep the enemy closer.

I get the eye for an eye revenge but it has been 30 years.

• Love 3

I was not even really much of a Patch/Kayla fan back in the day, but damn, if they are not hands down the best thing on the show right now, even with not much story to go on. I want Kayla's purple pajamas.

Who is Maggie's doctor grandson?

I wish they were doing something else with VI, as I have always liked him, don't like Kate, and Deimos so far is not exactly someone to root for.

Summer and her terrible terrible hair need to go far far away and never be mentioned again.

• Love 7

Yes, Steve and Kayla are just the best and yes, boes, sexy as hell. Loved Patch singing his cornbread song on his way into the kitchen and that dance was perfect. (Anyone remember "Lady in Red" on the rooftop way back when?)

Frozendiva -- good thought about Kate quickly analyzing the situation and deciding the best thing to do is keep Deimos close rather than make an enemy of him. If only I believed the show was that clever. 

Victor - I still have a soft spot for him, but it's my generalized fondness for elderly men that's doing it, nothing about Victor's character. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Who is Maggie's doctor grandson?

Maggie's daughter Melissa has a son, Nathan, who came to Salem in 2009?, was there for a few years then moved to Baltimore?  He went by the last name of Horton and if his father was ever mentioned I never heard it.

He was involved with Stephanie, Patch and Kayla's daughter, but really had a thing for Melanie - this was before Show made Daniel Maggie's son which made Nathan and Melanie 1st cousins and.,...  the ick factor would have set in.

IMO he wasn't the most fascinating character - lackluster writing IMO, wasted some good characters like him and Stephanie back then.  

But he beats the HELL out of Daniel and his hangers-on.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

Ok, seriously, where the hell is Andre? Not that I particularly have any interest in seeing him again but his story isn't resolved. Are they seriously sending another person to prison for a crime they didn't commit? At the very least I need for his role in Aiden's downfall to be revealed. 

• Love 3

Maybe it will...but yeah. Did TP piss them off or something, cause he got the kind of write-off someone no one likes gets.

...just like Aiden did... and Eve...and Clyde...and nevermind, these idiots haven't written a good exit in years...

• Love 1

Maybe it will...but yeah. Did TP piss them off or something, cause he got the kind of write-off someone no one likes gets.

...just like Aiden did... and Eve...and Clyde...and nevermind, these idiots haven't written a good exit in years...

Thaoo who plays Andre went over his guarantee for episodes and the character is put on ice temporarily...Ken Corday says that they don't write for characters that are leaving the show and that explains the shitty exits that we have seen...

• Love 2

Maggie's daughter Melissa has a son, Nathan, who came to Salem in 2009?, was there for a few years then moved to Baltimore?  He went by the last name of Horton and if his father was ever mentioned I never heard it.

He was involved with Stephanie, Patch and Kayla's daughter, but really had a thing for Melanie - this was before Show made Daniel Maggie's son which made Nathan and Melanie 1st cousins and.,...  the ick factor would have set in.

IMO he wasn't the most fascinating character - lackluster writing IMO, wasted some good characters like him and Stephanie back then.  

But he beats the HELL out of Daniel and his hangers-on.

Nathan's father was Peter Jannings. I don't remember them having a child on the show. I have no idea why he goes by Horton.. Peter and Melissa were a great  minor couple, but they later divorced and she was involved with Jack and Emilio. She was one of the few people in town that was against the Jack/Jennifer coupling, due to her own turbulent history with Jack.

• Love 1

Lastwaltz, Kate seems to repeat her lessons - or taste in men.  Dark and shady. Maybe she needs a fancy tee-shirt with I Luv Mobsters written on it. No good has come from any of them! Perhaps she likes the game and is attracted to the danger. Maybe a clue has finally dropped from the sky and clonked her on the head - be charming to this Deimos dude to get the goods on him and get him outta Salem and everyone's lives.

I also found it a bit troubling when Hope was consoling Ciara and telling her that she will meet her prince someday. Erm, not in Salem. Go to college elsewhere, Ciara, and don't come back, except for a holiday visit. Something a bit more realistic would be to dispel the 'fairy tale' prince and talk instead of healing and slowly moving on to healthy, loving relationships. Yep, she will have her share of frogs, but she will learn about herself. Few women these days meet their 'prince' when they are 17 or 18. It's been like this on the show for many years, and times have changed.

• Love 7

Lastwaltz, Kate seems to repeat her lessons - or taste in men.  Dark and shady. Maybe she needs a fancy tee-shirt with I Luv Mobsters written on it. No good has come from any of them! Perhaps she likes the game and is attracted to the danger. Maybe a clue has finally dropped from the sky and clonked her on the head - be charming to this Deimos dude to get the goods on him and get him outta Salem and everyone's lives.

I'm still disappointed that Kate never found out she was screwing a child abuser. Jordan should have been allowed to punch her in the face (at the very least) for bringing Clyde to town. 

I'm also disappointed that no one ever got to call self righteous Victor out on his role in getting Sonny stabbed. 

• Love 7

So more Show....Kayla and Steve, you're all right, those today were perfection and they both were sexy as all get out.

I'm not a lunatic or anything, I swear, but I find it hard to believe that they aren't really in love (and are lovers, hehe. I know they are not, but hehe). They look like they have been madly in love for 30 years. They are just so natural together.

• Love 5

Nathan's father was Peter Jannings. I don't remember them having a child on the show. I have no idea why he goes by Horton.. Peter and Melissa were a great  minor couple, but they later divorced and she was involved with Jack and Emilio. She was one of the few people in town that was against the Jack/Jennifer coupling, due to her own turbulent history with Jack.

Why do they do these things???? Melissa and Pete never had a child...they weren't happily married for very long, and she started making kissy faces at Lars pretty shortly after they were married. Pete left town in a very quiet scene.

They don't bring back characters they should (ANDREW DONOVAN) and make up characters that never existed. Dumb dumb dumb. No surprise there, the writers, all of them that come and go, and come back... are just so DUMB!

• Love 2
(edited)

Why do they do these things???? Melissa and Pete never had a child...they weren't happily married for very long, and she started making kissy faces at Lars pretty shortly after they were married. Pete left town in a very quiet scene.

They don't bring back characters they should (ANDREW DONOVAN) and make up characters that never existed. Dumb dumb dumb. No surprise there, the writers, all of them that come and go, and come back... are just so DUMB!

I have been wanting Andrew Donovan  back on the show as an adult, ever since Eric came back in the 90's.  Eric, Sami, Carrie, Max, Shawn-Douglas and Andrew should have been in stories together like their parents in the past.. Kim came back briefly in 1997 and that was the perfect time for him to come back. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

I have been wanting Andrew Donovan  back on the show as an adult, ever since Eric came back in the 90's.  Eric, Sami, Carrie, Max, Shawn-Douglas and Andrew should have been in stories together like their parents in the past.. Kim came back briefly in 1997 and that was the perfect time for him to come back.

The show is such a mess. I never thought it would unravel like this when I was growing up and loving it. They should stop production, go back to (pick a year)...1982? 1983? And just show repeats and the ratings would probably go up, significantly!
  • Love 1

I like to think Steven and Mary Beth had some say in their characters watching football, making chili and being an adorably normal couple.  We don't often see real life here.

I think I might have started the kerfuffle here and I apologize.  I have relaxed my spoiler tolerance quite a bit actually, since I really love this group of people. So I will be dreading

the return of Nadia

along with some of you.  I didn't message the mods though.  Not that there's anything wrong with doing so. 

• Love 5

I actually thought KM did a great job with the gas lighting storyline. Even, I wasn't sure if she was seeing Ben or not. I'm guessing her stint is wrapping up soon, right? She ended in December and they were taping about 4-5 months ahead. I haven't heard casting decisions though. Will they cast a name or go with unknown? I wonder if Charity Rahmer is busy?! LOL!!!!

• Love 4
(edited)

Okay, after several email conversations with my Mexican best friend,  "Mami" is not used as the diminutive for mother by adult children according to him - ever..    He says "we use either "mamá" or "madre" a more informal way ie "jefa"   A soap got it wrong?  Escandalo!

Online searches do nothing else to clear up the Hernandii "mami" thing.

I go with stupid writers as usual.

On the bright side I only have 11 episodes left on my DVR.  Sigh.  Used to be I would save them for Sunday and binge like a starving person.  Now,, it's a chore.  Thank dog I made it through the Ho Chi Mihn bullshit...  That was painful.

Edited by Stella Rose
  • Love 1

I always thought when grown people say Mami/Mommy. Of course, that's just me. So, is Dario going to shave? He's been in town for days but has been wearing the same clothes since he's arrived. He's hardly at bumb status with his million dollar leather coat but a change of clothes is in order, isn't it?

The funniest thing about Friday for me was Kate's "confession"  I admit I was dusting the living room so not paying super close attention and missed what she said about poison- because when she starts this story I thought she was talking about how she tried to kill Sami- Incident I am referring to was when she pushed her off the cliff after gas lighting her for months.  I stopped what I was doing and tried to remember how that tied in to marrying Stefano.  Then I rewound and figured out she was talking about Chloe.  Then I laughed because this is- after all Kate.  I will however be surprised if she doesn't have some sort of reaction if Maggie ends up paralyzed.

I also agree with the earlier comments that the writers are seemingly having hard time incorporating her into the other storylines- she really needs AS to spark with.

• Love 4

I thumbed up your post, but I have to disagree with this. They could pair EM's Brady with Stephen Hawking and that still wouldn't elevate his character. His character has just always been to me 200 lbs of brawn and 1/4 ounce of brains and I am being generous with the 1/4 ounce figure. I've often wondered if he was miscast as Brady and if he would have made a better Eric. I've always wanted him and Greg Vaughan to switch roles. At the heart of it, I've never cared for EM.

I've said this before here, but I feel like part of that is some of the acting choices EM makes. I watched him for nearly six years on Passions. After he took over as the recast for Ethan Winthrop, I sensed somewhat of a personality change. His character was supposed to be a smart, sophisticated HLS graduate, but after Eric took over, the character was known for being incredibly vapid and dumb. Even he and his co-stars would joke about how his character was "too stupid to live" (which I think was used to describe him at the old TWoP forum?).

• Love 4

Was Pete Nathan's father? I don't remember them ever saying who his father was. Not that it matters, as we'll probably never hear from any more real, already established actual Hortons ever again on this show.

• Love 2
(edited)

Was Pete Nathan's father? I don't remember them ever saying who his father was. Not that it matters, as we'll probably never hear from any more real, already established actual Hortons ever again on this show.

I think most fans jumped to the conclusion that Pete was Nathan's father, since that was Melissa's important relationship on the show...Plus, Days always gives their popular couples a child together..Even Wilson got a child...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

Well, I guess Kate is still the official "welcome wagon" of Salem.

Nicole finding Victor was kinda strange, but it worked.

Suzanne Rogers rocked her scenes!

Although I like the new Theresa, I find her a bit boring.

Enough of the overacting Summers Eve!

Caroline vowed revenge......sweet!

Deimos and the photo.....hmmmm

• Love 4
(edited)

Favorite line today was when Nicole told Deimos he was creeping her out "Put your eyes back in your head!"  and the way she delivered it--Awesome!  Oddly I might enjoy Nicole and Deimos together as a pair.  

I also liked that scene with Maggie and Theresa.

Perhaps Victor will treat Nicole a little better since she essentially saved his life today....Nah, Victor is too much of a misogynist for that...

OK episode today, nothing special but nothing horrible either

Edited by LadyJaney
  • Love 10

This Deimos/Nicole angle feels like a retread of Another World's Rachel/Carl/Justine storyline...only I don't give a darn.

Did Kate dump his boring butt today? I couldn't tell...

I also liked the Maggie/Theresa moment today - their relationship has built slowly over the last year and this felt earned. Went on a bit long though.

• Love 3

Perhaps Victor will treat Nicole a little better since she essentially saved his live today....Nah, Victor is too much of a misogynist for that...

Victor will call Nicole a dirty whoreslutbitchtramp the very next time he sees her. 

Unless they're going to put Kate back with Eduardo there are no other love interests for her so she'll be screwing Deimos again in no time. I'm not sure if there's any correlation but she and Nicole have both been floundering since Sami left. 

Maggie's scenes made me sad. Failure should be in that bed instead of her. 

• Love 6
(edited)

Victor will call Nicole a dirty whoreslutbitchtramp the very next time he sees her. 

Unless they're going to put Kate back with Eduardo there are no other love interests for her so she'll be screwing Deimos again in no time. I'm not sure if there's any correlation but she and Nicole have both been floundering since Sami left. 

Maggie's scenes made me sad. Failure should be in that bed instead of her. 

Kate is a bicycle, every man over 50 gets a ride...That is sad..I remember how much of a presence that she was when she came on the show years ago as a tough business woman with a secret....Her friendship with Marlena and romance with Victor were awesome.. I have often wondered if Deborah Adair had remained in the role of Kate, would her Kate have gotten the same abysmal writing..Nicole has been floundering because the show screwed her over by putting her with Taniel and not exploring her awesome chemistry with both Xander and Eric....A Xander/Nicole/Eric triangle would have been so good...What a waste!

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

Nicole was ruined when paired with EJ and became his lapdog instead of the strong woman she was before.

Nicole was ruined when paired with EJ and became his lapdog instead of the strong woman she was before.  Not a bad show today considering princess can do not wrong did not eat the show it.

• Love 1
(edited)

Teresa didn't need to change her personality; the character just needed a coherent reason for her behavior, which the old writers never gave her.  I'm very thankful that the new writers scrapped the Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy story for her, but I can't say the bland direction they've taken the character is much better.  Jen Lilley is a wonderful actor, one who has the ability to make a gray character sympathetic.  Hopefully the new, new writers will take advantage of her many talents.

Summer can leave any time now.  There's just nothing about her that is interesting.

Nicole is a much better person than Victor.  If the situation were reversed, Victor would have called Nicole a few awful names and stepped over her body on the way out the door.  He's lucky the rest of the town is not as horrible as he is.

I'm down with Deimos and Nicole.  VI and AZ would be smokin' together.

I also agree with the earlier comments that the writers are seemingly having hard time incorporating her into the other storylines- she really needs AS to spark with.

It's disturbing that two (or three?) sets of writers haven't known what to do with Kate besides putting her on top of/underneath a man.  She's been on this show forever and has ties to just about everyone.  Why is it so difficult to come up with a story for her?  LK can play everything from cold-blooded viciousness to deep, heartbreaking tenderness, so why is she being underutilized?  The whole thing is strange.

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 8

Teresa didn't need to change her personality; the character just needed a coherent reason for her behavior, which the old writers never gave her. I'm very thankful that the new writers scrapped the Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy story for her, but I can't say the bland direction they've taken the character is much better. Jen Lilley is a wonderful actor, one who has the ability to make a gray character sympathetic. Hopefully the new, new writers will take advantage of her many talents.

Summer can leave any time now. There's just nothing about her that is interesting.

Nicole is a much better person than Victor. If the situation were reversed, Victor would have called Nicole a few awful names and stepped over her body on the way out the door. He's lucky the rest of the town is not as horrible as he is.

I'm down with Deimos and Nicole. VI and AZ would be smokin' together.

It's disturbing that two (or three?) sets of writers haven't known what to do with Kate besides putting her on top of/underneath a man. She's been on this show forever and has ties to just about everyone. Why is it so difficult to come up with a story for her? LK can play everything from cold-blooded viciousness to deep, heartbreaking tenderness, so why is she being underutilized? The whole thing is strange.

I don't think Theresa needed to be changed 100%, but at the very least she needed to be softened and humanized to some degree, which I'm glad the writers did do. I'm pretty nervous about what the new writers might do with Theresa at this point.

I'm also glad Nicole was there to save Victor at all. He should be grateful that she didn't leave him to die all alone in the mansion.

Deimos is a disgusting son of a bitch and I'm worried of what he may be planning for Nicole.

• Love 2

Nicole is a much better person than Victor.  If the situation were reversed, Victor would have called Nicole a few awful names and stepped over her body on the way out the door.  He's lucky the rest of the town is not as horrible as he is.

That reminds me of Victor opening his door and finding Carly knocked out cold (she had slipped on some ice or something rushing there to tell Melanie she was her mother or something).  He looked down at her, closed the door, and then mentioned to someone that there was some trash on the stoop.  Oh Victor, you horrible old coot!

• Love 4