Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I think they're trying to show Aiden's desperation.  At least they set this up early on, probably inadvertently, when Chase kept talking about money. We know Hope's happy.  Enough already with drawing out telling the kids with the stupid reenactment unless we want to see them crushed too.  I agree there's a reason for Aiden insisting on having it recorded. Another 6-7 weeks of this if they're getting married on 11/09.

I was happy and surprised to see Gabi today.  I'm glad I wasn't spoiled.  I'd be happier if her baby looked a bit more like her.  I had a blonde baby too, it can happen but come on.  I hope they can be roommates again.  Will's gay but he's dated women, I don't think that's mutually exclusive. Clearly he's not "straight" but it would be interesting if he did some more exploration as long as Gabi doesn't get hurt. I agree that with so much going on right now it's a strange time to reintroduce her.  We've known for a while Rafe has been pursuing legal action to get Gabi released.

I had to give it to Babby with their eyes at the end.  She seems somewhat aware she's constantly lying and he looks like he's going to go Angry Stalker big time.  He should. Good gawd her asking Will why anything would be wrong and he says Chad?  Serena?  Paige??  Weren't you close?  Oh yeah, I just remembered... Sociopath.  I really hope they're starting to write toward her being unlikeable because she is.  Why Jenn isn't having a family meeting right now about Clyde is beyond comprehension but at least I'm spared her saying "honey" two dozen times.  Failure had better be off my screen tomorrow.

I have a bit of a problem with Kayla being angry with Steve for telling her he might leave and exactly why. Isn't that what she wants? Didn't she make it pretty clear she doesn't want him around anyway?  So what's to be angry about unless she wants him back.  I think she does and I like the way the two veteran actors are playing  it.  And Joey too. 

• Love 6

I have a bit of a problem with Kayla being angry with Steve for telling her he might leave and exactly why. Isn't that what she wants? Didn't she make it pretty clear she doesn't want him around anyway?  So what's to be angry about unless she wants him back.  I think she does and I like the way the two veteran actors are playing  it.  And Joey too.

She's probably concerned about how it will hurt Joey.

• Love 1

Today's "Adventures of the Amazing Abigail" I mean episode, really shows how self absorbed Abifail really is. She just couldn't find the time in her "Chad is Innocent" campaign to muster an ounce of sympathy for the two murdered women. One of them was the woman her brother loved! After she did her good deeds for the day, she goes to Ben as if nothing ever happened.....like always. She truly is a piece of work!

Aiden (the newly discovered Dimera employee) may have just tripped himself up. He told Rafe that he broke his finger in an elevator door and told Hope something completely different. Why do I have the feeling that this one slip is gonna raise Rafe's suspicions and he's gonna go all "investigative" on Aiden?

Did I miss something? Gabi got released? Ummmm....ok. Well, this is Salem I guess. Convicted murders never do their time.

Yeah Kayla, I really believe that you don't want Steve to come back. NOT!!!! Nice try though.

• Love 9

Today's "Adventures of the Amazing Abigail" I mean episode, really shows how self absorbed Abifail really is. She just couldn't find the time in her "Chad is Innocent" campaign to muster an ounce of sympathy for the two murdered women. One of them was the woman her brother loved! After she did her good deeds for the day, she goes to Ben as if nothing ever happened.....like always. She truly is a piece of work!

Thanks for your post, so very well said.  I got home late today, was hoping for another good episode and the Steve/Kayla and Victor/Stephano scenes were good.  Then that mutant combination of a kangaroo and a roomba showed up onscreen, doing exactly what you said, being as callous as usual - and I guess Kate Mansi must be tired or something, because she even more talentless than usual.

I hope there's some vodka in the freezer.....

• Love 8

Gabi's return comes at a pretty bad time. Rafe is so after this killer, because murderer's of Serena and Paige are bad and evil people, but Gabi's going to be let free to walk around months after murdering a Horton?  

But she killed that Horton to help another Horton.  It kinda balances out.  I think that's why Hope was the most torn about the whole situation when it came out.

I think Hope was torn b/c she realized Gabi did it while Gabi was holding Ari. Hope didn't want Nick dragged through the mud in court (EJ would have done that) b/c it's not good for the family but she's totes #TeamJulie in the Gabi hate.

• Love 2
So Abifail is Chad's Angel.  Wonder if he will say that when she is cheating on him and humping a guy on the side.

*Snort* And the "Totally On The Money" award goes to...

So John has a Russian contact? Maybe he'll be a direct decendant of Ivan the Terrible Actor!

You guys make me smile when I most need it. Thank you.

• Love 2

So, who didn't enjoy Abby's smug, "I really like getting everything I want" because it's always awesome to watch Abs never suffering for a moment for the heinous things she does.  And her dream of Chad's begging for her while he was in jail was laughable--that should be Chad's nightmare, a fear of being alone and put in jail for the murders.  Abby should not be dreaming of a man begging for her to visit him in prison--that's just twisted.

It also doesn't look like Will has learned a damn thing--he is still blaming everything on Paul.  Yes he admits to sleeping with Paul, "Just once", but he also didn't mention the guy in LA, which makes it twice that he cheated on Sonny, and add that to all the ways he was trying to manipulate Sonny and that's the end of his marriage.  Perhaps he does love Sonny but it doesn't seem to be enough motive for Will to actually change and try to win back his husband back.  I did like Gabi's encouraging him not to give up though--he could at least make a token effort to contact Sonny in Paris.  With the way he's talking it sounds like he's given up on his marriage and husband.

• Love 4

Do you think she'll give him shade? She only has Will's side of the story and as Will's BFF and Baby Mamma she'll prob give Paul hell.

I mean, Paul haters complain about how gross it is he's had sex with both Will and Sonny but that's really not his fault. He didn't know Will was married and definitely didn't know he was married to Sonny.

Edited by swtrgrl
  • Love 4

The big plot point for the November 9 Bicentennial (50th Anniversary) is supposed to be Hope and Aiden's wedding. What should happen is Victor and Stefano hold hands and finally admit that they have been lovers on the DL all these years. Back in the 1950s homosexuality was still "the love that dare not speak its name" plus Vic is Greek Orthodox and Steffi Roman Catholic and things were different even in Europe after WWII. All the marriages and affairs and the children resulting from them was to take away the pain of them having to hide it for over 50 years.

A double wedding would then be appropriate, and the show would have it's gay married couple back  (This after Vic had his marriage to Maggie secretly annulled)

Like sands thru the hourglass...

• Love 8

Mar needs to hypnotize Chad to deprogram him from his Jar Jar obsession.

Why does Abby and Bens wedding have to be part of the bicentennial celebration? He's pointless ineffectual nobody to the show and she's a trash box . Marriage is the epitome of fidelity and love and those are Abby's biggest fears.

Gabi looks beautiful. Dumbass Will still blaming all of his problems on Paul. Give it a rest.

John and Steve were good today. I like their chemistry.

Chad looked really cute. They need to keep him in non Abigail scenes for infinity.

• Love 9

I hate to break it to you, but Chabby is the new supercouple..Days is pimping them hard...I would love to see Chad with Theresa or Stefanie...Abifail can fuck off and die...Like Daniel she is going to be shove down our throats, whether we we like it or not...We all know that she likes Dimera meat down hers...lol

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 4

I'll give Gabi one thing: bitch is #TeamWilSon no matter what. Even when she was horrible to Sonny, she was rooting for WilSon to work out. Consistency is nice for once.

Uh, she was horrible to Sonny only in response to Sonny being horrible to her first.  Over something that was literally none of his business.  Otherwise, she tried to be as civil as possible to him.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
  • Love 1

Her relationship with Nick was his business. He was unofficial step father to her daughter with Will. He had a say. It was also his house.

But he did stick his nose into the Chad/Melanie/Andrew kidnap thing.

Edited by swtrgrl

Her relationship with Nick was his business. He was unofficial step father to her daughter with Will. He had a say. It was also his house.

But he did stick his nose into the Chad/Melanie/Andrew kidnap thing.

That first one was his business, yes.  I wasn't talking about that.

But yes, the second one was absolutely none of his business.

Having only been re-watching for 14 months, this is the first time I'll be getting to see the Gabi character.  She reminds me a lot of Abigail.   I presume because of Chad, they are not friends.

They are actually friends..Chad hates her guts...

• Love 2

Having only been re-watching for 14 months, this is the first time I'll be getting to see the Gabi character.  She reminds me a lot of Abigail.   I presume because of Chad, they are not friends.

They are actually friends..Chad hates her guts...

Well that should be interesting, considering her friend's current obsession with Chad.

• Love 1

Love the Wikileaks reference.

It would be funny if Chad stopped Ben and Abigail's wedding with the truth of the baby's paternity, just like he did with Gabi and Nick's wedding.

Winterthorne Academy?  Was that a reference to the online soap Winterthorne, which a lot of Days actors are on and have been on?

That was a strange ending for a Friday show.

Edited by Rick Kitchen
  • Love 5

Abby and Ben's wedding is (unofficially) set for Christmas-time. It's Hope and Aiden that's set for the Salem Bicentennial.

It's wrong to be held at Christmastime too. But Failure said today to Ben when discussing their insipid nuptials "we should have it at Whatevernamed Mansion since it will be all done up already for the bicentennial and we can rent it for a small fee." So the event is tied into the extravaganza.

• Love 1

LOL that Abifail wants to stick to tradition. I don't recall the typical wedding tradition involving the fiance lusting after another man and acting like a trash bag. I hope Abifail and mannequin have their trash ass wedding on Christmas day and are both struck down by lightening and killed or literally dragged to hell.

• Love 6

The decorations will still be up six weeks after Haiden?  What?  And I thought the mansion was the new Horton Center (thank gawd they dropped the Jenn vs Trump story). So it's primarily for Horton Entertainment?  So much for charity. I can't complain about a new set though.

At least Chad has a clue he's been drugged.  Throwing his weight around as a board member was not cool. Clyde can't die soon enough. 

Am I wrong or has that girl been on my screen every day this week.  It makes me puke watching Ben Doll pat her belly and talk to hit.  We're coming up on two years with Failure and EJ and Austin before that.  The obsession on this show with Failure's sex organs is disgusting.I've never seen anything like it.

WTH Will couldn't just tell Gabi he made a lot of mistakes? 

• Love 7

I've really missed Camila Banus.  It's the little things she has Gabi do, like literally shoving food in her mouth because she's so happy about being able to eat something good instead of prison slop, that make her character relatable.  Even when Gabi does something horrible, like paying a lunatic to kidnap a friend, I can't hate her.  It's probably because Camila is able to give her character believable motives and emotions.

Loved Steve and John today.  I was distracted during the Russian guy part so I'll have to try to catch that scene again on YT, I guess.

Clyde is effing creepy.  Dee was great during those scenes, having Marlena keep it together and not let Clyde see how much he rattled her, and then being clearly shaken at the end.  She's known all along that he's a psycho.

The end, with Chad flashing to Clyde being behind him at the bar, was well done.  I can't wait to see how this all plays out!

Again, there was too much Abigail.  It is indeed telling that her nightmare was about Chad being imprisoned and begging to see her.  And of course, she lies to Ben about what the nightmare was about, and uses it to manipulate him by saying it was a dream about him abandoning her and the baby.  She really is an amoral piece of shit. 

And is there no one on-set with a bottle of saline that could squirt a few drops in KM's eyes when a scene calls for Abigail to cry?  Stop wiping your eyes when there's no tears, KM!  You're not fooling anyone!

• Love 9

Even when Gabi does something horrible, like paying a lunatic to kidnap a friend, I can't hate her.

To be fair, she didn't even pay him to do that.  She just paid Andrew to stalk her.  The kidnapping he did all on his own, even without her knowledge at first.

Again, there was too much Abigail.  It is indeed telling that her nightmare was about Chad being imprisoned and begging to see her.  And of course, she lies to Ben about what the nightmare was about, and uses it to manipulate him by saying it was a dream about him abandoning her and the baby.  She really is an amoral piece of shit.

^This. I know that we're supposed to be all about Chabby as the new Days power couple but I love Chad and loathe Abby so no thanks. How are we supposed to feel sympathy for someone who continues to lie to, manipulate, and (even worse) encourage Ben? She would rather string Ben along with her straight-outta-1955 attitude of staying for the sake of their baby rather than just being straight with him. Or maybe she just enjoys toying with both men. Either way, I'd rather not have to watch it every. damn. day.

Edited by NumberCruncher
  • Love 11

I really don't see the problem with that.  They'd just had a fight about Chad earlier that day.  She probably just wanted to avoid having another one about him.  It didn't bother me that she didn't mention that her dream was about him.

It wasn't that she didn't tell Ben that the nightmare was about Chad; it was that she said it was about Ben.  Specifically, that she was having a nightmare about Ben abandoning her and the baby.  If she was going to lie anyway, she could have just as easily said it was about the person going around murdering women with neckties, or a patient at work, or JJ doing drugs, or even the all purpose "I don't remember."  But she chose to use a lie that would make Ben hang on to her even tighter than he already does.  Stringing people along is almost as second nature to her as going after unavailable men.

• Love 11

There has been so much about the return of the vets and how awesome all the Patch, Kayla, Hope scenes have been, I don't think enough praise has been heaped on Marlena. She has been her stellar best lately, totally great in listener/therapist/hypnotist(today) mode. Yay Dee!! There is a reason Marlena has been around so long. I loved her when I watched in the 80s and I love her now.

• Love 6

I hate to break it to you, but Chabby is the new supercouple..Days is pimping them hard...I would love to see Chad with Theresa or Stefanie...Abifail can fuck off and die...Like Daniel she is going to be shove down our throats, whether we we like it or not...We all know that she likes Dimera meat down hers...lol

Could her next old man dimera be Chad's brother, Andre.

I thought today was a pretty fine episode, all around, with the exception of the Creeping Horror known as Abigail and Sneasel the Butt-Faced Boy.   Those two are like an entro shot to a B horror movie, with a voice saying, "Just when you thought it was safe to go into the water....." .  

So Gabi's back.  I'm not as thrilled as some of you are, but maybe this time it will be better.  Her back and forth with Nick, her turning on Sami and Kate, etc., made me glad to see her off making license plates.  Here's hoping that at least she hasn't gotten stupider.  But then again, if she shares a majority of scenes with Will, she'll automtically seem like a Mensa member.

I'm waiting for somebody to ask her or Will if they're positive they brought the right baby home from the hospital.  That kid looks NOTHING like Gabi.  Although her pouty expression does remind me of Rafe....

John and Steve were good today. I like their chemistry.

I agree, those two were good together.  When it all started to click for Jawn, he said this little riff, sort of jazz-sounding and then snapped his fingers.  With all that, and Steve in his black, I was ready for them to burst into a cappella version of Little Deuce Coupe.

LOL that Abifail wants to stick to tradition. I don't recall the typical wedding tradition involving the fiance lusting after another man and acting like a trash bag. I hope Abifail and mannequin have their trash ass wedding on Christmas day and are both struck down by lightening and killed or literally dragged to hell.

Abigail is very big on tradition.  Which is why I expect her to spend the night before her wedding hanging upside down in the attic like all bats do before their big day.  And eat flies.  Abigail doesn't have that sexy marsupial look without working at it, you know.  And Ben's joined Amazon Prime so he can get first shot at buying some manly bits from Mattel before the wedding night.  Too bad the GI Joe parts didn't fit his model.

It's going to be lovely, just lovely.  I promise I'll cry.  And do my darny darn darnest to catch that booooooo kay.

Clyde is effing creepy.  Dee was great during those scenes, having Marlena keep it together and not let Clyde see how much he rattled her, and then being clearly shaken at the end.  She's known all along that he's a psycho.

I loved those scenes, too.  Mar is at her best, IMO, in her psych role, or as a loving counselor to her family as she was to Will.  I really like how Marlena doesn't show any fear, keeps things ambiguous, and of course Clyde is so full of himself he doesn't see that she has his number.  

It wasn't that she didn't tell Ben that the nightmare was about Chad; it was that she said it was about Ben.  Specifically, that she was having a nightmare about Ben abandoning her and the baby.  If she was going to lie anyway, she could have just as easily said it was about the person going around murdering women with neckties, or a patient at work, or JJ doing drugs, or even the all purpose "I don't remember."  But she chose to use a lie that would make Ben hang on to her even tighter than he already does.  Stringing people along is almost as second nature to her as going after unavailable men.

It's little details like this that make me wonder if somebody on the wriiting staff doesn't dislike this character too.  I thought the same thing - she could have said anything, said her nightmare was about anything, but instead she lays one more guilt trip on Ben.  It's like the other day when Ben told her about the tracking device and was confronting her about Chad, she finally shut him down by saying the argument wasn' good for the baby.  It's not second nature, it's first, for her to use every single interaction to bolster her advantage, her hold, on someone else.  

She is a total piece of shit.  

She could have told Ben her nightmare was about him finding out that her DNA showed a strong concentration of Puffer Fish and mealy worm DNA.  Who wouldn't believe that?

Edited by boes
  • Love 6

Ha! Ha!  I'd believe it.  Her character is just repulsive. 

Don't count on Gabi not doing stupid stuff, boes.  I enjoy her very much, in large part because Camila is a natural and seems like such a lovely person IRL, but she's not exactly smart.  Maybe being in prison has taught her to be more deliberate and cunning, like Kate.  Speaking of, those two better be sharing scenes again soon.  Maybe there'll be room at Basic Black for her with Kate, Nicole, and Teresa.  Those four would make a great quad, and there'd be no need to spoil Gabi's scenes with the presence of her "friend" Abigail.

• Love 3

There has been so much about the return of the vets and how awesome all the Patch, Kayla, Hope scenes have been, I don't think enough praise has been heaped on Marlena. She has been her stellar best lately, totally great in listener/therapist/hypnotist(today) mode. Yay Dee!! There is a reason Marlena has been around so long. I loved her when I watched in the 80s and I love her now.

I like her and John pretty well, but I prefer her in working mode better. I love her interaction with BF. They seem to have a natural chemistry between them, like she did with CM's Will. I think Chad is the replacement of Will. I never warmed up to her and Guy.

Could Abby's next old man dimera be Chad's brother, Andre.

My girl Abby is going to have to take a number. I want to see some sparks fly ybetween him and Kate!! LOL.

That's just going to attract her more. We all know her obsession with unavailable and/or uninterested men.

Edited by Petunia13
  • Love 4

And is there no one on-set with a bottle of saline that could squirt a few drops in KM's eyes when a scene calls for Abigail to cry?  Stop wiping your eyes when there's no tears, KM!  You're not fooling anyone!

It's slightly amusing that no one on set ever gives KM any eye drops. They have to notice that she's incapable of producing tears naturally. How are you an actress on a soap and you can't cry SMH. Even reality show people are better at acting than KM. 

• Love 4

That is so true. Hell even the VHI realities shows has contestants working the tears to manipulate Flav or get the "Rock of Love."

YES I watched those shows. And I'm not ashamed to say I love "I Love New York" Seasons 1&2. Haha funny shit.

• Love 5

I have been thinking about the future of Will on the show and it saddens me alot. I have never understood the hatred level against Will the character and Guy Wilson who portrays him.I think the root of all this is misogyny. Straight women are judged differently than straight men when it comes to their immoral actions, like cheating. Gay men can either be judged more harshly than straight women or a little bit less but they will never get the same pass that straight men get.  The more feminine the gay men appear (the ones who are seen as bottoms), the harsher the judgments. If Sonny cheated on Will, he would never have gotten the  same backlash as Will. I know that Will has done some questionable things, but it was never in the same vein as some other characters like Theresa who I also love  by the way.  Theresa  who regularly engaged in criminal behavior including a callous attempted murder, embezzlement and blackmailing a minor into dealing drugs in the same category as Will, who never really broke the law (not even his failed attempt to blackmail Tori which was probably the closest he got to doing something illegal and probably didn't meet the standard) and was generally just kind of an asshole - shows that he is held to a different standard. All of this is mucked up by the fact that soap characters can be forgiven for things no real person would. But, even in that context, Will is held to a different standard.

I also think that the backlash against Will because he cheated was so over the top and I have to wonder if it is not tinged with homophobia. Days of our lives is full of cheaters, including Marlena, Carrie, Belle, Caroline, Bo, Lexie, e.t.c..I have never seen any of those characters get a bit of the hate that was leveled at Will and Guy Wilson..I have to wonder if Will not conforming to heteronormative values is not at the root of the vitriol against him...I have seen people call him a little bitch, a slut, the C word, the P word, by feminizing him , they make him inferior to both Paul and Sonny who are considered more masculine and therefore more worthy of respect.  I am not saying  any of you guys are like that, it is just something to think about. I think our society still has issues with homosexuality, particularly with male homosexuality. The fate of Will in my opinion is very telling about how the showrunners view this issue.  Viewers repeatedly praise and lionized Victor and Stefano, both of whom have raped women, murdered people, are career criminals and have been seen regularly slut shaming women. Back during the Kim plot, Victor's slut shaming of her made him a villain not a curmudgeonly hero. They are praised because heterosexual males are expected to take what they want and subjugate women. 

Gay men are often slurred as being unable to sexually control themselves, and we even had a male soap columnist imply Will was a child molester recently. Whether one is gay or straight or male or female, I think we are still conditioned to believe that gay men cannot control themselves and are more likely to be perverse or deviant. The truth of the matter is straights cheat (Hello Ashley Madison), are child molesters and engage in kinky behavior as often or even more than gay males.However, because of the long history of stereotyping and marginalizing gay men, Will has not been granted the same privileges as other characters. Chad can slut shame Abigail, use Jordan, set Ben up to go to jail and even call his mother a whore. He apologizes once, and all is forgiven. Will can apologize to everyone, every day for months and it is not acceptable. It seems the only thing that will redeem him is what has redeemed gay men for centuries - death.

Edited by Apprentice79

I disagree.  Sure, there are probably some viewers out there who don't like/hate Will (and Sonny and Paul) because he's gay, but that opinion would have been there from the get-go, not once Will cheated.

Honestly, I think the backlash happened for the same reason backlash for almost all soap characters happened.  A section of the viewers just never took to the recast, because they didn't care for Guy Wilson's acting or because they couldn't accept anyone else in the role.  Then the romantic couple the character was in exited the honeymoon stage, which upset the viewers who want them to sit around holding hands until the end of days.  Then the writing for the character changed noticeably.  And then, there' s the fact that the character that was cheated on was, at that point and possibly always, the more popular of the two and most viewers immediately took his side.

Relatedly, there's this poster on Twitter who's been screaming for weeks that if you don't like Will or have the gall to like the show when the gay characters aren't on, you're a homophobe and it's just an absurd and kinda scary mindset.  I don't not like Will because he's gay.  I don't like Will because he never, EVER learned his lesson after Sonny gave him chance after chance and still, as of yesterday, is blaming someone else for the mess he made of his marriage.

Edited by TeeVee329
  • Love 12