Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

Sami was good to Sonny to, and he also dissed her.  Sami never did anything to Naggie or Adrienne, but they were ready to bash Sami the first chance they got.  So were Jordan and Slappy.

Ken Corday can be passive agressive all day long.  It won't change the fact that Alison Sweeney has been getting a lot of work outside of Days, and it shows what a petty pathetic little man Corday is.

• Love 8
(edited)

Sami has not been anything but good to Chad so there is no excuse for him dissing her.

Sending Chad a email and hard copy of Will's article was just being good to Chad? Sami didn't care about Chad or his feelings at all. 

I'm now wondering if the Ireland lady and Abigail is somehow tied to what ever Stefano wants and who ever he's talking to on the phone. This Ireland lady appeared out of nowhere.

Edited by Artsda
  • Love 4

I have no words for Theresa.

Fuck you, Chad. Your pathetic dumbass deserves to get stuck with that stupid unidentified species garbage disposal Abistank.

Dear Writers, if you have to have this many people prop a character on a daily basis maybe that's a sign that the character is trash.

Of course all of these fools talk trash about Sami when she's not around to defend herself. These idiots know damn well if they said anything to her face she'd eviscerate them. 

I'm glad Justin filed for divorce because Sonny's mother sure wasn't going to have the decency to do it.

• Love 5

Chad would have read the article anyway - Sami just made sure it was right away.

Sami did not do a kind deed and it never aired on screen as that. She was trying to hurt him on purpose so it would also hurt EJ's relationship with his brother. She was malicious to Chad on purpose, so she was hardly a great defender and good person to him. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I understand what you mean, however they had a special bond mourning over Grace...There was an understanding and affection because of that..Chad's vitriol about Sami left me cold...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

I understand what you mean, however they had a special bond mourning over Grace...There was an understanding and affection because of that..Chad's vitriol about Sami left me cold...

Yes, they did have good moments back in the past however to say she wasn't anything but good to him is totally far from how she treated him at the end and how they especially ended things. He totally called her out when he returned for her seflish manipulative reasons for sending him an email with that information. She didn't care about him or his feelings what so ever.

It's totally reasonable that Chad would not be team Sami and put her on a pedestal.

• Love 2

Enough with the flashbacks of Chad and Abigail having sex!!!!  It was bad enough the first time.  Abigail is such an insufferable character, and I think KM is so bizarre looking that it takes me out of every scene she's in.  Please, send Abigail back to Ireland or wherever that letter she's trying to boo hoo about came from.

I really like Teresa and Eve together but wish they'd get themselves a more interesting nemesis.

• Love 7
(edited)

Yes, they did have good moments back in the past however to say she wasn't anything but good to him is totally far from how she treated him at the end and how they especially ended things. He totally called her out when he returned for her seflish manipulative reasons for sending him an email with that information. She didn't care about him or his feelings what so ever.

It's totally reasonable that Chad would not be team Sami and put her on a pedestal.

I am not saying that he should love Sami, but, I expected more from Chad. Plus, I could care less that worm Abigail got hurt..That is what happens when you sleep with somebody else's man...I feel no sympathy for her, especially after what she did to Carrie and Austin..It was so  heinous what she did to them. Austin was so kind to her...I hold that against her more so than sleeping with EJ..Ken Corday should have made her take over for Sami as the town vixen, she has all of the traits of one..Plus, she is a Johnson, it  is in her genes to do bad stuff. Her father was Jack Devereaux...Like Daniel, she has to  have people constantly sing her praises on how beautiful she is, Chloe, Hope and Jennifer never got such praises..It is ridiculous..

.Sami has gotten ridiculed, humiliated, slapped, ostracized, disowned, and told by everybody that she is the scum of the earth, for her lies and schemes over the years. This bitch gets to walk around with her halo intact. I just can't with this show at times. I hate the fact that she is Ari's godmother....That was a slap in the face of Carrie and Austin. Carrie and Austin have always loved Will, it was not cool for him to give that title to that twit...I would have preferred that Theresa get that title to give her layers when she is interacting with Ari...The Brady family were always united no matter what, it is a shame that Tomsell have forgotten that with the Brady legacy children...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3

And I don't think Chad has any issues with Sami. He was just  stating facts. Hell, EJ was in love with her and he even knew what kind of person she was. lol. From Chad's POV, he don't want to expose Abigail to that.

• Love 1

Slappy exposed herself to that.  Chad, EJ, and Jar Jar were not Sami's victims.  All the endless propping just highlights what a worthless boring character the side piece is.

• Love 4

From Chad's POV, he don't want to expose Abigail to that.

LMAO if Chad thinks Abifail is some kind of nice, sweet, innocent, misunderstood girl that needs to be protected then he's dumber than I thought. 

• Love 7

Chad is a fool.  Slappy wouldn't be bothering with him if sleazy EJ was still in Salem.

KM couldn't handle playing a character like Sami.  Alison Sweeney used to have people come up to her, tell her to leave Austin and Carrie alone, and tell her how horrible she was.  KM whined because a few people were mean to her on Twitter.  I have a lot of respect for AS, AZ, and LK.  They know they aren't playing the good guys, and they have shown up to do their jobs for years no matter how badly the writers trashed their characters.

• Love 8

LMAO if Chad thinks Abifail is some kind of nice, sweet, innocent, misunderstood girl that needs to be protected then he's dumber than I thought. 

Chad has made no bones about how he feels about what went down between her and EJ. He practically throws it in her face everytime they see each other. Despite how he feels about that, he seems to still find other qualities that he love about her.

• Love 1

Enough with the flashbacks of Chad and Abigail having sex!!!!

They are pushing the flashbacks way too much and what's even more ridiculously stupid is Ben having them and the flashbacks he's having bee 100% accurate.  He should be having flashbacks of the conversation he overheard or fake inaccurate image of the sex not the same flashbacks we see Chad and Abby having.

Jennifer and Adrienne being so team Ben, thinking he's the best guy ever and even using the word soulmate feels like they're pushing that too hard too, especially when at the same time he's so angry and whipping glasses. Definitely feels like an abuse plot where Abby will hide the truth from them.

• Love 5
(edited)

Good God, what have they don't to JJ/CM's hair?  Is he headed for a 1960s family sitcom?

I kind of like it. BUT maybe they're setting up a time travel story for him and Theresa? Couldn't be more outlandish than the usual storylines. I've just been catching up after a well-deserved (if I say so myself) vacation, but I realized that all I really want is to have an entire series from Anne's perspective.

Edited by NorthstarATL
  • Love 6

I kind of like it. BUT maybe they're setting up a time travel story for him and Theresa? Couldn't be more outlandish than the usual storylines. I've just been catching up after a well-deserved (if I say so myself) vacation, but I realized that all I really want is to have an entire series from Anne's perspective.

THIS!!!  Brilliant idea.  

I hope you had a great vacation.

They are pushing the flashbacks way too much and what's even more ridiculously stupid is Ben having them and the flashbacks he's having bee 100% accurate.  He should be having flashbacks of the conversation he overheard or fake inaccurate image of the sex not the same flashbacks we see Chad and Abby having.

Or at least having flashbacks to his early days at the Mattel factory when he was being assembled and he realized they weren't going to give him any real boy parts.

• Love 2

I have no words for Theresa.

Yeah, I just watched the last few minutes and don't like this turn one bit.  I was hoping the foreshadowing from yesterday was wrong.  It is difficult to believe that anyone who uses her baby (especially for the lame purpose of getting a man) truly loves her child.  It's disgusting the way these writers/producers portray women.

• Love 5
(edited)

I'm glad Justin filed for divorce because Sonny's mother sure wasn't going to have the decency to do it.

Justin filed?!?!?!? Hallelujah! I hope Sonny's mother (I can't call her what I really think of her on this board, and I certainly don't respect her enough to use her name, so I am happy to be on the "Sonny's mother" bandwagon) is shocked, hurt, and miserable. And you nailed it -- she lacks the decency and class to behave appropriately.

All I really want is to have an entire series from Anne's perspective

GENIUS!!! Ann killed it yesterday -- first by mimicking Eve's drawl (and the look on Eve's face! ha!), second by that awesome half-sneer behind "Dr Evans" back. And she's the best friend she knows how to be (just don't try to cry on her shoulder) -- she told Theresa flat-out that her plan was stupid and would not work and to grow up.

Speaking of Theresa, her name change from Jeannie doesn't bother me because I did the exact same thing in my twenties. Going by another name not only suited me more, it distanced me from my family, which I desperately needed at the time. For whatever reason (which i would love them to show), Theresa has a terrible relationship with her parents, and I see her name change as a way to distance herself from the person she thinks her parents wish she was.

Edited by minirth
  • Love 3

Best part of the show today, again, was Ann.  Funny how Ann is so universally despised in Salem Land, yet she's the only one we ever see who is always at work.  Unlike Bonehead Brady, whose idea of a job is to use his GPS once a month or so to locate his office and then get distracted by his G.I. Joe toys and forget to go.

My second favorite part was Kate and how she carefully picked out, put on her plate, studied, and then dissected and ate....ONE SINGLE STRAWBERRY.  Not two, just the one.

Yeah, Abigail is fabulous and caring and all that, we know, Show, you tell us every friggin day.  Got it.  

• Love 7

Just catching up on the day before and didn't miss much, didn't catch today's episode but judging by that one, look like I didn't miss much and kind of grateful I didn't recap the day before's episode lol. 

Jacosta, WTF?? Too soon for JJ to be moving on with Bev but didn't have a problem with him taking Paige's virginity and moving on with her after having sex with Eve. LMAO at Jacosta saying she can take some time off and take some vacation time with JJ. Please she's barely at work anyway, the hospital thinks her ass is on vacation anyway.

Jar Jar is getting more weird looking. I guess that happens when you have penis overload. She might wanna get in a casket and hibernate for a decade or four. 

• Love 6

I don't usually bash Abigail (out loud, anyway), but I do wish they'd either wave or straighten her hair -- the current 'do is bothering me. Hopefully she just visits Bridget in Ireland for a few months. 

Ben is a ticking time bomb. He's simmering just beneath the surface and is likely to blow any minute now. I'm not up for an abuse story, show. 

(edited)

Have you guys read the interview with Ken Corday in Soap opera Digest, where he threw Tomsell under the bus for ruining the show...lol He said that the cast was very unhappy and there was negativity on set due to the bad writing. People were coming into his offices to voice their concerns about the show...It was that a very interesting read. He said that he watched the show one day and was shocked about how everybody was unrecognizable. Welcome to the club Ken Corday! We have been bitching about the quality of writing since 2014...

If I could put the article on here for you guys to peruse, I would....I still find Ken Corday to be a disingenuous  asshole for using Tomsell as a scapegoat for his incompetence.  He approved their awful storylines, he should not be backtracking now..Apologize to the fans and move on..I was saddened by his comments about Matthew Ashford and Jack for the 50th. It was not very encouraging. What is their beef with him? inquiring minds want to know..I hope the show really is going to be as good as he says, but it's not like he hasn't lied to us before. And I give him my middle finger about Jack being "dead, dead, dead." That is one of the huge mistakes the new writers should be fixing.

Jack needs to be on canvas, his siblings are about to become very prominent with the reset. His wife needs him.  I can't stand that bitch after her awful treatment of him. Only Jack can redeem her in my eyes. His children also need him, especially JJ. As a diehard Jack and Jennifer fan, we have been abused enough over the years. We need some type of compensation after having to put up with the nightmare that was Dannifer and the ascension of Daniel Jonas as the God of Salem.. 

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 3
(edited)

The last two episodes have been just beyond terrible and passed into turrible. The only bright spot being of course Anne. It is like she is the only one in all of Salem with neurons firing off in her brain. Sure that may only allow for her to dress in wrap dresses but they are pretty and flatter her figure so I will make an allowance for that. 

Okay, I usually watch the show with a neutral face interrupted by the occasional side eye, eye roll or bitch please but I had to roll out the 

anigif_enhanced-buzz-32590-1428971112-35

When Eve actually fixed her lips and said out loud to Jen that 'unlike her {Jen} she can admit when she is wrong.' Huh?? Is this is the Eve that completely blames Jen for her own daughter, Paige, disowning her for sleeping with her boyfriend, JJ, who happens to be Jen's son? That Eve?!?!?  Just checking.

Eve getting over on Marlena kinda bugs though. Marlena raised Sami, the best damned manipulative cunning liar Salem has ever seen you would think she would be able to spot one when she sees one. 

Speaking of Paige, I suppose she has her right to righteous indignation and to give JJ a verbal tongue lashing every time she sees him but I already have grown weary of this routine. Plus there is just a pissiness to Paige when she is angry and rebellious that I find unappealing. Seriously Paige the best revenge is living well without them. 

Wow, just when I thought they couldn't make the shit sandwich that was Thrady with a baby any less appetizing they find a way. Thanks Corday. If the Daytime Emmys had How Low Can You Go Awards, Days would sweep.  Just when you think they have hit bottom, they find another bottom.  This bottom appears to be hell's basement. Faking a baby's illness. A baby who had a real medical issue. A baby that was just released from the hospital like the day before due to a bone marrow transplant. Me no like. Me no want. Me no want to see. This just sets Theresa up to be damn near irredeemable. I hope this is one of those stories the new writers put the brakes on otherwise I fear this might go the distance. As in, Theresa succeeds in fooling Brady, Brady falls in love, Theresa is found out, Here Go Hell Come! Islandgal fast forwards all. 

Sending Chad a email and hard copy of Will's article was just being good to Chad? Sami didn't care about Chad or his feelings at all. 

I don't disagree with this. Sami was in vengeance mode but if Abby didn't want to be embarrassed she shouldn't do embarrassing things. Chad was collateral damage due to the primary actions of Abby and EJ. Yes, Sami sent that article to Chad to hurt Abby and fracture the sibling relationship between EJ/Chad. I applauded it then and I applaud it now. Hell, I wish there had been a videotape that had been posted online, leaflets dropped from the sky, you know. They deserved to be put on blast and than some. 

To look at her today, Abby hasn't suffered much of anything at all. Hell she is doing better than ever! She has been a sexual sandwich to two brothers and now the one on canvas is in love with her despite what she was done. Ben, the one who stood by her when she was getting tapped on the wrist while the whole town stood behind her has now been cuckholded by her but instead of seeing a pattern of behavior practically pees on her in front of Chad declaring Abby his! Chad somehow stupidly believes it to be over because of an overheard conversation. He trusted her so much that he put a tracking device on her phone which led to this discovery to begin with so now he trusts her at her word? He better check her underwear every night for grass stains. Ben's scary hillbilly kingpin daddy instead of trying to cut the breaks on her car or hiring a hitman categorizes her actions as merely a mistake and sets his sights on big daddy Dimera instead. What is this world?!!?

I also had no problem with what Chad said about Sami to Stefano. It is not like he was lying. Sami was manipulative, cunning and ruthless. I hated her with EJ. However, I do think that a Dimera needs a mate who can challenge them and beat them at a game of chess. Abigail can probably barely play Chutes and Ladders. 

Edited by islandgal140
  • Love 11

I hated Sami being with EJ because it defanged and despined her.  I loathed with the heat of a thousand firey suns/nuns that the writers had EJ blaming Sami for what he did, and Sami put up with it.  I despised that the writers had Sami cheat on Rafe, something that would have never ever happened if they had remained true to Sami's character, and completely trashed Lumi and Safe to put Sami with sleazy slutty despicable EJ.

As far as Ken Corday listening to the actors/actresses about them not liking SLs and what was being done to their characters, all I can say is, "If his lips are moving, he is lie, lie, lying."  Ken Corday completely dismissed any concerns PR, AS, JS, etc. had about their characters or SLs.

I love the idea of Anne doing a perspective on everyone in Salem.

Theresa's SL just continues to get worse.

• Love 6
(edited)

I forgot to add TigerLynx, that one of the top stars told Ken Corday that he or she would walk if something was not done about Tomsell....I would bet the farm that it was Deidre Hall..She is the face of Days of our lives....I often heard that the main problem with the show is that there are too many cooks in the kitchen and that creates a toxic environment behind the scenes...

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 5

I like Zoe with Lucas and Chad....I hope Zoe is still around after the reset....

I asked this once before, but apparently, I was worth ignoring.  Is Zoe being played by the same actress, or did another one replace her sometime back?  This Zoe looks different.

• Love 1

I don't usually bash Abigail (out loud, anyway), but I do wish they'd either wave or straighten her hair -- the current 'do is bothering me. Hopefully she just visits Bridget in Ireland for a few months. 

Ben is a ticking time bomb. He's simmering just beneath the surface and is likely to blow any minute now. I'm not up for an abuse story, show. 

Neither am I even though she deserved to be embalmed.

• Love 2

I asked this once before, but apparently, I was worth ignoring.  Is Zoe being played by the same actress, or did another one replace her sometime back?  This Zoe looks different.

Yes, it is the same actress playing Zoe....

• Love 1
(edited)

Yes, it is her....Unless you are confusing her with Navidad, Xander's henchwoman...lol

No, I know who Navidad is.  I just remember Zoe's early scenes with Lucas back when I thought she'd make a better much for him, and she looked different then.  More Asian.  Now she looks more Latina.

Edited by Donny Ketchum
(edited)

Man, but I do love it when Chad calls out Abby when she starts to revise history to her favor and his throwing how desperate she was to have sex with him back in her smug face is a thing of beauty--unlike Abs herself.  Cruel I know, but she gets even more  unattractive when she starts sneering and there were a lot of ugly facial expressions happening today.

I'm sorry, but did Will just describe himself as "hot"? Delusional much?  And it sounds like poor Sneasel was "manipulated" once again into bed--the poor thing keeps finding himself in that position with men other then his husband,  Whatever will he do?  :)

And I'm not seeing the big deal with only having one sex partner.  Lack of quantity does not mean there wasn't quality sex going on between Sonny and Will. 

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Ken Corday and TomSell have ruined every character on this show.

Justin believes his cheating isn't as bad as Adrienne's because he was discreet?  I don't care one way or the other about Adrienne, but I used to like Justin.

So far, according to these writers:

It was Sami's fault EJ cheated.

It was Kate's fault Rafe cheated.

It's Eve's fault JJ cheated, and JJ or Jenn's fault Eve stabbed her daughter in the back.

It's okay for Justin to cheat, but not Adrienne.

Will alternates between blaming Sonny and Paul for his cheating.

It's Kristen and/or Theresa's fault Brady is an addict and an idiot.

It's Nicole's fault Eric wants to have sex, or Serena's depending on the day of the week.

{face palm}

• Love 6