Type keyword(s) to search

Current Plots Discussion: Actually Today's Episode

Message added by scarynikki12

Spoilers are not allowed in this thread. Period. Any posts that include spoilers (and casting information qualifies) will be removed. There are several other threads that allow spoilers so take that discussion to one of them.

• Start Topic

I am glad that the Theresa/Melanie storyline shaped up the way it did. For a while there I was worried that Melanie had lost her mind. So she wants Tate to be raised by both parents -- that part I could understand. What I didn't get was her seeming conclusion that that meant she had to leave. I mean, look around you Melanie - these are modern times we are living in! Now I see that the writers were setting up Melanie for Theresa to knock her down. They actually made Melanie's motivation character-driven, referencing the parts of her past that made her decision seem like it was something she might actually make. (Of course, I was not watching when she was last on the show so I don't know that for sure, but the flashbacks helped me understand why Mel in particular would react this way). I still find the storyline to be pretty boring, but at least I get it now.

I'm glad to see more of JL's acting, but I wish Theresa wasn't being so awful (and dumb -- all of this over Brady :( ). Mr. Micat loves Theresa, but even he turned to me while we were watching and said, "Theresa would totally Munchhausen-by-proxy that kid." She should play the villain in a horror movie, where she would be doing terrible things but no one believes the victims. People say that Ciara is like Rhoda in the Bad Seed (and I agree). Theresa is too, though!

• Love 5
(edited)

I have always felt that Carrie should have been made the heroine of the show and not Sami..I hated the Sami show and then it morphed into the EJamie show.  That turned me off the show for a while..Carrie was always more like Marlena than Sami. Plus, I always loved that Carrie, the child Marlena chose and that chose her to be a mother/daughter team, had more of Marlena's calm, sensible spirit. She just should've been even feistier, having Anna's DNA and being raised by Marlena. I'm a big believer in that love truly makes a family, not blood. I also thought it kind of made sense, since Carrie was pre-teen (ish) when Marlena was taken from them in 87, while Sami was two and a half. Carrie had been raised by Marlena since she was very little, she'd had a solid base, even with the drama surrounding that life. She was always put first by Marlena, and she knew that. They had a real relationship, a connection more than just child-like instinct as Sami's bond with Marlena was. It made sense to me that Carrie by nature be more like Marlena than Sami. But Sami, of course, was also an evil little hellraiser by choice.

I hated when the show tried to make Sami a heroine, when she was nothing of the sort...She should have remained an anti-heroine and used her manipulative skills for the greater good...I always wanted Sami and Anna to bond just like Marlena and Carrie did because they were so much alike..I hated that the show had to make her Sydney's kidnapper. I always loved the respect that Marlena and Anna had for one another...The show has never really explored the Anna/ Carrie relationship to the fullest... Carrie always had interesting relationships with John, Tony and Roman....I would love for Carrie to come back for those beats to be played onscreen....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 1

Carrie was a teflon heroine.  I hated when Carrie/Austin returned, Carrie and Rafe were cheating, but Sami was the only bad guy in the equation because she cheated on Rafe with EJ.

Sami was never the heroine.  She just went from being a quasi villain to someone who had EJ, Anna, Stefano, etc., trying to ruin her life, and being labeled the bad guy if she fought back.  At least when Sami, Kate, and Nicole were originally fueding with each other, it was back and forth on them outing each other.  Sami being expected to just put up with EJ's crap will never cease to annoy me.  People like Adrienne, Jordan, and the boring twit, who Sami had never done anything to, getting in Sami's face and then whining when she fought back, will also never cease to annoy me.

• Love 5
(edited)

Carrie should have been more than she was on the show..She had potential, but the show never made anything out of that..Just like they have done with Sonny..Sonny can be so dynamic, instead he is stuck in a triangle with two assholes...Freddie is such a good actor....Sonny has become a weak, foolish and passive character. The real Sonny would have broken up with Will and he would have told Sparkle to fuck off and die....

Edited by Apprentice79

Ethan Winthrop from Passions could go on this list too.

I never watched Passions (originally I'm a die-hard ABC gal) but it's not surprising that each soap has its own "writer's pet". Sad, but not surprising.

Don't forget John McBain from OLTL.

I'll admit to having a soft spot for Michael Easton since his Port Charles days, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. McBain should never have been the romantic lead of the show, and the fact that they had to ruin so many women to make him one just testifies to that.

KABOOM!!!!  Now my room is just COVERED in my brain matter.  Granted, that means it's not THAT big of a mess.....but seeing the names Babe Carey and Greenlee Smythe, remembering Ryass Lavery, and then, in another post, John McBain, made me also remember Kwak Carey and Gigi whogivesAFUK and BOOM!

It was alllllllllllllllllllllll over.......

Sorry about that, boes! Here, let me help clean brains off your stuff. Didn't mean to trigger flashbacks to so many awful characters with just one post ;) Though I have to say, I'd completely forgotten about RexGigi* until you mentioned them. It's like I've completely repressed them from my mind for some reason...

(*I consider them to be one single entity, albeit an extraordinarily self-righteous and judgmental entity)

Anyway, back to Days - I'm in a good mood this morning, so I'll say something positive about the show. Um… give me a minute… hmmm… Anne sure is fun, isn't she? And Meredith Scott Lynn has the best hair in the universe. I have curly hair, but I can only dream of mine looking half as good as hers. Clearly what the hair department is messing up with Missy Reeves, they're getting right with MSL.

• Love 1

Maybe MSL does her own hair.  I wish the writers would have given Theresa more depth (it's a good thing JL has been able to do that), and not saddled her with Brady because Theresa Anne together are made of win.

The idiot writers never should have tried to resurrect the Sami/Carrie fued when Austin/Carrie returned to Salem in 2011.  Sami and Carrie had called a truce, and somewhat worked things out back in 2010.  Trying to start that up again made no sense especially since Austin was not even a blip on Sami's radar.

• Love 3

Exactly Tigerlynx, Carrie and Sami should have forged a close bond. At one point in their lives, Big sister Carrie was a like a mother to little sister Sami, when Marlena disappeared. Carrie was always so mature back then and she was a great help to John in taking care of the twins. Carrie and Sami should have teamed up and kick Abigail's ass, it would have bonded the sisters for life and it would have been great to see them bury the hatchet once and for all...

• Love 1

At some point I think Carrie was a lead on the show. She was getting the same amount of air-time as Sami. But then she left. I can't remember if the writing team got rid of her or if she left on her own.

• Love 1

Christie Clark (Carrie) left on her own.  She returned in 2006, and then Carrie/Austin were written out.  The writers brought them back in 2011, only to write them out again in 2012.  

Alison Sweeney slowly went from supporting to one of the leads.  Sami was a popular character, and AS stayed on the show while other actors/actresses left to do other things.

• Love 1

I guess it's a case of mileage varying, but it sure looked to me like the show was trying to promote Sami as a heroine for the last several years. Of course, victim=heroine in soap world, and suddenly Sami was everyone's victim (EJ, Nicole, Imposter Rafe, during the Bernardi trial, and so on)   Maybe it was Rafe's fault, because once it shifted from EJ vs Lucas to EJ vs Rafe, I no longer bought the semi-redeemed bad girl turned romantic leading lady thing that they were going for. 

Speaking of semi-redemption...Nicole. How jacked up is this show that I don't have a problem with her being Xander's victim if he only intends to kill her because hey, at least he's not raping her?

And Micheal Easton...he's only Tanner to me. And  mostly because he's indirectly responsible for one of my favorite Julie moments, where she made fun of his voice.

• Love 1
(edited)

I can understand that Brady doesn't want to lose Tate but for him to instantly go into bully mode and try to push Theresa into singing some sort of document is pretty crappy. And he also knows that Theresa isn't serious about leaving for CA, so what's with the bum's rush?  Is it all for his twu-luv Melanie?  

I adored Kim standing up for Theresa and telling Brady to take his document and stick it.  It's about damn time Theresa had someone in her corner.  I would love to see Daniel try any crap with Kim present--she'll tear him apart before he could blink.

I love an angry and bitter Paige and man Jenn, doesn't like hearing the truth.  I give kudos for MR for looking so aged and devastated in her scenes but you have to wonder if she remembers her character's teen years--did she ever try and seduce married men or offer to be a side piece for an engaged one or did she have sex with her boyfriend's dad?  No, I remember that Jenn was a rather nice girl, a true young heroine who the fans rooted for.  Can't say that about Jenn's kids.

Edited by kitmerlot1213
  • Love 6

Trying to make Sami a damsel in distress was complete stupidity on the writers part.  Sami saved Rafe and Lucas' lives several times, I think she might have even saved EJ's life.  They were the damsels, not Sami.  Sami shot Alan, Bart, Fake Rafe, Silvio, Bernardi, EJ, Stefano's hitmen, Maroni's hitmen, and the only thing that kept Sami from shooting and killing Stefano was Lucas and Marlena showing up.  Sami saved Lucas and EJ from Andre when she was pregnant with the twins.  This is not a woman who needs to be rescued by anyone.

I'm glad Kim stood up for Theresa.  Brady is not a good guy.  He is a bully and a thug just like so many other men on this show.  Why did Theresa have to get thrown into this idiot's orbit?  There was a time I liked Brady, but now being to stupid to live, is the least of Brady's problems which he mostly causes for himself.

• Love 4

Lucas and Sonny's mother continue to be nauseating.

Why does Kim think Theresa should be allowed to leave town with the baby, forcing Brady to either uproot his life and move to LA or become a deadbeat who rarely sees his child? It's not even like Theresa wants to move to LA, she's just trying to manipulate Brady and is using her son to do it. I see Kim harassing Teresa about moving to LA because she doesn't want the baby and Theresa around Victor, which is understandable, but it's not Brady's fault that his grandfather is an asshole and he has a right to have a voice when it comes to decisions about his child. Immediately trying to get Theresa to sign documents was a bad idea but look at who he's dealing with. Theresa is ALREADY using the child for her own purposes. It's in Tate's best interest for his parents to have legal documents specifying a very specific custody agreement so neither one of them (or Victor, Shane, and/or Kim) can pull any stunts. This story is awful and neither of these people should be left to take care of a baby.

STFU Jen, JJ, and Eve. There's absolutely nothing any of you can say to justify what you've done so man up and accept the hatred that Paige is dishing out because all of you deserve it. Jen in particular needs to have a seat. I understand her not wanting to expose her son but she could have at least had the decency to *force* him to break up with Paige instead of going along with his stupid plan and encouraging him. She didn't care about Paige's well being anymore than JJ did.

• Love 2

Brady and Theresa need to get their own attorneys, and have a custody agreement drawn up.  Theresa shouldn't sign anything until she has talked to an attorney about her rights and Brady's.  This is the same thing that happened with Will and Gabi.  They didn't have a custody agreement, everyone had an opinion about how things should be, and Nick was able to use it to his advantage.  It was only after Gabi killed Nick that they finally worked out a custody agreement.

• Love 1
(edited)

When Gabi gets out of jail, Does Will still retain primary custody of Ari? Is a convicted felon even allowed to have custody of their child? I wonder how she is going to react to Sparkle's intrusion into Wilson's lives. I hope that she does not drink the Sparkle koolaid and she has an intense dislike of him...

Edited by Apprentice79
(edited)

I'll admit to having a soft spot for Michael Easton since his Port Charles days, but I can definitely see where you're coming from. 

Fun fact: Michael Easton was also on Days, right? Back in the days of that nightclub and...maybe Melissa? 

ETA after I read back: yes shesajar! Tanner, right? What was your favorite Julie moment then? 

Edited by Lastwaltz
(edited)

5/29/2015 Recap :)

Justin/Kate/Lucas/Adrienne

Justin is on the computer at home when Kate walks in and says good morning and wants to apologize for her behavior last night as she was stunned. Justin says he was stunned as well which Kate doesn't know why Vic thinks they could work together. Justin says they won't be working together technically as he's her boss. Justin says he stayed up all night reading about mascara and Kate wants to know if why he's accepting the job is really about Lucas and Adrienne.  

Kate can't believe Justin let Vic manipulate him. Justin says he accepts the situation and tells Kate to focus on her job and not just talk about it. Justin says Kate has 2 strikes against her and one more and she knows what will happen. Justin says that he looked at the sales report and they shouldn't launch a new product but Kate has already left not hearing what he said. Justin grabs his briefcase and goes after her.

Justin catches up with Kate in the park and says Kate is being ridiculous and Kate says she's not going to listen to him and Justin says she better or she'll be out of a job. Kate says that Justin's name isn't on the door and threatening to fire her. Justin says he'll be professional and if Kate can't be he has 3 names that can easily replace her. Kate says she knows the 3 names and they don't have what she has. Justin says nobody can alienate people like kate. Kate says that he isn't familiar with the industry and that she's well known. Lucas and Adrienne meet them there and wants to know what's going on.

Justin says he knows what's going on because Adrienne spent the night with Lucas since she didn't come home last night. Adrienne thought that Justin was in Dubai and Kate says that he wasn't in Dubai because Justin is working for her. Adrienne says she can't believe that Justin would give up Dubai to work with Kate and Justin is about to say his title until Kate interrupts but Lucas says he doesn't believe it as they're not happy about working together so stop pretending. Adrienne says Victor and Lucas says of course.

Lucas says Vic has a sense of humor and Adrienne says since when. Lucas says Mad World is going down and excuses him and Adrienne are going to have breakfast and leaves. Justin says Kate has to stop telling people that he works for her and Kate says as long as Justin doesn't say that she works for him because she doesn't and walks off.

Lucas/Adrienne/Kate/Justin

Lucas is happy that Adrienne spent the night which Adrienne confirms. Lucas asks if she's sure and she says yes but feels a little guilty. Lucas says Justin has a mistress in Dubai which Adrienne looks hurt and Lucas apologizes. They kiss some more when they knock over their tray of breakfast. Lucas says he has to buy her some more but Adrienne says no and chit chat some more and kiss.

In the Square Lucas tells Adrienne he has to call his lawyer to know he's late and walks off. Kate comes storming through the Square clearly pissed, she walks past Adrienne who's holding a menu over her face so Kate doesn't see her which Kate doesn't. Justin walks through the Square after Kate and Adrienne holds the menu over her face again and Justin walks past her without noticing her.

Lucas returns and Adrienne says that she doesn't know what to order. She says that Justin came through as he didn't go to Dubai and that he was chasing after Kate.

Melanie/Parker/Maggie/Dan/Brady

Mel is sleep on the couch when Parker taps her on the nose and Dan and Maggie are standing in the doorway laughing and Dan apologizes for waking her up. Mel says Parker is what she needed today. Mel flashes back to calling Dan dad for the first time and learning Maggie is her grandmother. Parker goes off to make something. Maggie asks if Mel wants to go to the park with her, Dan, and Parker. Mel declines and says she has to tell them something.

Mel talks about being with Trent and it was about surviving and getting by and not having a real family and how she found out about Maggie and Dan being her family and what love is and how it wants her to be a better person and how she got a second chance. Maggie wants to know where it's coming from. Mel says because of family she now realizes what she has to do. Dan wants to know if it has to do with Brady and Theresa and there's a knock at the door and it's Brady who wants to talk. Maggie takes it as getting Parker ready to leave and Dan follows Maggie.

Brady enters and says how things with bad with Theresa and Mel says things are going to be ok. They talk about the custody documents, and Brady says Theresa doesn't dictate how he lives his life. Mel asks does he want to live his life without Tate. Brady says he won't be separated from Tate or Mel. Mel says that Theresa almost killed John to marry him and Mel says the only way to solve this is to take herself out of the situation as she's going to leave Salem today. (last scene of the day)

Maggie/Dan/Parker

At the park, Maggie asks Dan what he thinks Mel might do. They talk about Brady and Mel some more and Dan says that they'll be strong enough to get through it. Maggie says since Theresa is involved it makes her worried. Parker comes running up to them and then quickly runs back. Dan asks if Maggie talked to Jen and Maggie says that Jen is in a terrible state. Maggie asks how Dan found out which he tells the story and how he tried getting JJ and Jen to tell the truth and hopes things aren't worse. Parker comes running back up to Dan.

Theresa/Brady/Kimberly/Anne

Theresa is putting on makeup when there is a knock and it's Brady who was told by Maxine that she's being released. Brady says Tate looks great and will be home in two days. Brady apologizes and says he was out of line. Theresa says that they both want Tate to be happy and what's best for him. Brady wants to settle it today and Theresa wants to know how that's possible. Brady pulls out a custody agreement and says Theresa will find it fair.

Brady says there's nothing limiting her rights and will provide financial support and says all Theresa has to do is sign. Theresa reads that she can't live anywhere besides Salem. Brady says he'll buy her a house and Brady says Theresa is only thinking about going to California is to get Mel out of the picture and better take the offer as it's as good as it's going to get. Kim runs in and tells Theresa not to sign it.

Kim says that a lawyer hasn't looked at it and Brady tells her to look at it and Theresa says that Brady is being generous with custody but that she has to stay in Salem. Kim asks forever and Kim says that Theresa won't be a prisoner and Brady says that he doesn't want to take Tate away and his place of business which Kim says that Theresa has to sacrifice her life and he doesn't. Brady says he's going to raise his son and Kim says Brady runs a business so how much time is he gonna have with Tate. Brady says he'll make time and tells Kim to butt out as he doesn't like Kim questioning him.

Kim says she's protecting Tate and Theresa and Brady says the only reason she's moving to California is for him to dump Mel. Kim asks Theresa if it's true and Theresa evades and says she thanked Mel and is grateful for what Mel has done. Kim tells Brady to leave and throws the papers at him and that they will have a lawyer look at it. Brady says that they won't take Tate away from him and leaves.

Theresa appreciates Kim standing up for her but says that she can handle Brady and that it will cost a fortune to change her flight and that Shane can't be alone. Kim says if Theresa wants her to go she'll go until Theresa needs her again. Kim says that they need to get their legal ducks in a row so that Theresa can come home whenever she wants. Kim goes to leave but wishes that she could visit Eve and Paige but will make sure that Paige and Eve are there to support her. Theresa hugs Kim and thanks her.

Anne calls Theresa crazy for giving up the money for them to live in a nice house. Theresa says if she signed it she won't get what she want as the best way to raise Tate is for Mel out of the way and Anne says also so Theresa can get Brady back. Anne says that if Theresa plans another incident like the firepoker then Mel is staying. 

Anne says Theresa is happy and that she's up to something. Theresa says that she gave Mel something to think about and whatever Mel decides she'll be ready.

JJ/Jennifer/Eve/Daphne

JJ arrives home on the phone with Jen saying nobody has seen Paige and he texted her 100 times and that Paige told him that she's OK. Jen says to give Paige some time and there's a knock at the door and it's Eve. JJ asks what she wants and Eve says she's looking for Paige and wants to know if JJ talked to Paige and JJ said he did. JJ says that Paige wants him out of her life and hope Eve is happy as she got what she wanted.

Eve says that it's JJ's fault for what happened which they argue some more and there's a knock and it's Daphne who's only returning JJ's stuff and sees he's busy with Eve. JJ says that Eve is just leaving but Daphne doesn't care as it's none of her business and goes to leave but JJ and Eve ask her if they know where Paige is. Daphne says Paige will not be happy to see them and Eve says it's not her call. JJ just wants to know where she is and if Daphne doesn't tell him he'll knock on her door and tell her parents about what she's doing with some guy and some other thing I didn't catch. Daphne spills and Eve jets off with JJ trailing behind her while thanking Daphne for telling.

Eve and JJ are at Eve's apartment to see that Paige isn't there which Eve thinks Daphne was lying. JJ goes to leave but Eve stops him and tells him this place is where it all begin. JJ wants to leave and not talk about it but Eve says he isn't man enough to own up to his mistake. Eve says that if JJ listened to her she would still have her daughter. Eve knew that JJ would hurt Paige and JJ says if Eve didn't come between them but Eve says someone else would have come between them and tells him to own up and how JJ ran to mommy and insisted the blackmail was the right thing to do. Eve says that JJ destroyed her and took from her the one thing she ever cared about but one consolation is that Paige won't end up with JJ. JJ says she's wrong and that's going to get Paige back.

Eve calls JJ sick and delusional and JJ says he has proof about the drugs and if Eve tries to stop him he'll turn over the evidence. Eve says if JJ loves Paige he will set her free and JJ asks is that what Eve is going to do as Eve is the worst mother ever and Eve slaps him. JJ says see and leaves.

Jennifer/Paige/Maxine

In her office Jen looks at a picture of JJ and a knock at the door and it's Paige. Jen invites Paige in and asks how she's doing as she's worried about her. Paige says where was the worry when she was covering the affair and Jen calls it a mistake. Paige says she knew about it for months as when she say them arguing and Jen says that's when she found out about it and confirms that she walked in on them having sex. Paige says why didn't Jen say anything and why would she let JJ keep a secret like that when she was trying to get over JJ. Jen says it was her fault and them getting back together was her idea.

Jen knows that what JJ was doing is wrong but they were miserable apart. Maxine enters and wishes Paige a happy birthday and asks about it and how JJ worked very hard to keep a secret and Paige says he sure does as he learned it from Jen. Maxine says she'll come back later and leaves. Jen says that when she saw Eve and JJ together it made her sick and was so angry and disappointed at JJ as she couldn't understand how JJ could hurt Paige that way, but after he explained everything to her and how it happened he has never regretted anything more in his life and how JJ loves Paige and she saw that. Paige says JJ knows all the right thing to say which Jen says JJ meant it and Jen feels responsible. Paige asks why and Jen says her and Eve have horrible history and that her and JJ suffered because of it and if they made peace JJ & Paige would be together. Paige doesn't buy it and Jen says she did the thing that she thought was right and it wasn't. Paige asks what did Jen do and Jen says that she blackmailed Eve.

Jen talks about the blackmail and how she almost told Paige the truth and Paige says she didn't Paige says it all made sense and how JJ made a 180 and wanting her back when she was getting over him. Jen says that she thought that JJ and Paige were in love and being different without Eve's interference. Paige says Jen's interference wasn't any better because if she was still with JJ there would be the huge lie hanging over them.

Jen says she couldn't undo it because they were back together. Paige tells Jen to not act like she was doing something noble as she was enabling JJ. Jen says she wanted to help Paige but made things worse and apologizes. Paige says she thought JJ was lucky to have Jen for a mom as she seemed together and responsible and upstanding but now sees that the two of them aren't different at all and leaves.

Maxine is back in the office and wants to know if Jen wants to talk about it and Jen says no. Maxine calls Jen a good person and a good mother and leaves the office. Jen goes to call JJ but before she can Eve enters the office.

Paige/JJ

Paige is walking through the Square and flashes back to first meeting JJ. She walks and runs into JJ.

Let me get the negative out of the way first and I'll start with the Dannifer Pimptress who is the biggest negative of the day. Her constant worship of Jacosta and Dark Roast is just so disturbing. I tell ya I bet she has a shrine in her closet filled with Jacosta and Dark Roast photos and she looks at it every night and says a prayer as they're the ones she worships over anyone and anything on this planet. I'm sorry but if your only role on a soap is to be Prop Master Plus for a character, then your character is no longer needed. Hopefully the actress is looking for other roles so she can leave this one. Jacosta isn't a good person or a good mother, so I don't know what Pimptress is seeing but she's in desperate need of LASIK. Negative 7000 points.

Another big negative is Dark Roast and Naggie were on today. Naggie STFU, anytime you're involved in something it makes people wanna slit their throat. Negative 1000000 points.

JJ threatening Daphne if she doesn't tell him where Paige is. What a jackass, he was going to blackmail Daphne, he just never learns but as Paige says today, gets it from his rancid mother. Negative 8000 points.

Now positives was Paige shutting down every single excuse that Jacosta was making for why she did the things she did and keeping the secret from her. Jacosta was just left with egg on her face. Go Paige. Positive 100000000000. Anytime you can get a Horton to look stupid, a whole bunch of points is given.

Another positive was Justin, Kate, and Lucas, can't wait to see these 3 interact some more. It's gonna be good because we already know Lucas and Kate have amazing chemistry on screen. Adrienne whatever, she's just there for the sake of being there, so I can basically pay her little attention as Justin, Kate, and Lucas would pretty much dominate the scenes. Positive 5000 points.

I did like the banter between Kim and Brady and her telling Theresa to not sign the papers. Brady offering Theresa a house is generous and all but I wouldn't accept it because that's just something Brady can throw in Theresa's face about providing a home for her and Tate so she should be grateful and all. Sorry, not gonna have that type of power over me and there's nothing wrong with Theresa's apartment. I don't know why rich people think raising a baby in an apartment is so beneath them, it's not like Theresa's place is infested with cockroaches. Hello Sonny and Sneasel are raising Ari in an apartment. Dark Roast is raising Parker in an apartment. This was gonna be a negative for me but I enjoyed the scenes. Positive 2000 points.

Have to give points for Anne for thinking she's going to live with Theresa in a big house that Brady would provide. Have to love Anne. Positive 100 points.

Edited by ShadowSixx
  • Love 3

Paige has been on a roll lately! First her smackdown of Eve, then JJ, and now Jennifer? So many of her comments to Jennifer were literally just like ones which were made here. I especially liked when she talked about how Jennifer wasn't any better than Eve. This new, more interesting Paige can stay. She should tag-team with her Aunt Theresa and truthtell all over town.

JJ is going to try to win Paige back? I still generally like JJ, and I definitely enjoy Casey Moss's acting, but seriously? That said, I was glad he mentioned he still had dirt on Eve. I certainly didn't like the Eve/JJ affair, but I do enjoy their rivalry. I think KdP and CM work well with one another.

As for Tate, Brady is being a jerk. I actually think it would be in Tate's best interest to go back to LA and away from the lunatics in this tone -- his idiot father included. It honestly made me mad when Brady said (previously) that Tate was staying "with Melanie and me" and that Theresa could go to hell for all he cared. As for Brady's document -- he was totally trying to rush Theresa into signing something, seeing as Aiden told him he's unlikely to win a custody battle. I was thrilled when Kimberly stepped in, told Brady to shove it, and emphasized that they'd have a lawyer review all the terms before signing anything.

Sort of a side note, but as I've mentioned before, I was a longtime Passions viewer. Since I haven't been watching Days for that long, it's still kind of hard for me to differentiate between Eric Martsolf's roles on each show (Ethan in Passions and Brady on Days), and it doesn't help that the two characters are really quite similar. It'd make me mad how Ethan would get his way in every single custody situation on Passions, and for that reason, I was somewhat happy when Brady didn't get his way today. Silly, I know.

• Love 2
(edited)

I  am going to be sad to see Kim go..They should have shown the entire sordid history between Kim and Victor via flashbacks to give more depth to her hatred  of Victor. He was not just a snarky old man doling out insults to people. He was a cold, ruthless, amoral, and heartless human being. There was no difference between him and Stefano.  I would have loved to  have seen Kim interact with Kayla, Roman, Eve, Paige, Will, Ari, Caroline, John, Marlena,Hope, Brady, Justin, Sonny. I was always curious to see her interact with Eric, who was named after her uncle Eric, who abused her sexually for  years..

As usual Tomsell just used her as just  a prop for Theresa's stupid scheme to snatch Brady...The show is missing familial interactions and friendships....Everybody is so isolated in their own bubble..They could have had Kayla,Roman,John, Hope, Marlena, Caroline and Kim chat over dinner giving us the audience updates about Stefanie, Andrew, Joey, Belle,Chelsea,Shawn D, Sami, Shane, Steve, Bo....These characters have a long history with the show and with each other..Once again another missed opportunity by the incompetent writing regime...Ken Corday should be ashamed of himself....

Edited by Apprentice79
  • Love 2

I will say that I wish Paige had a bigger reaction to hearing that Jacosta blackmailed Eve. I know Paige is upset with Eve at the moment but hearing the blackmail Paige probably should have whacked Jacosta across the face for going through despicable means of keeping the secret. See Jacosta didn't admit to how smug she was while blackmailing Eve.

We couldn't see anymore Kim/Vic flashbacks because writers had to make room for those stupid Mel/Dan/Maggie flashbacks. Ugh.

Also Brady, he was being so selfish the agreement, just had the papers drawn up and rushed Theresa into signing them. Those papers favored Brady more than Theresa just because he's helping financially and no judge can order someone to stay in the same city, can they? I know you have to go to court to leave the state but the city I don't think so, even though I don't know that much about family law. Brady's offer had great perks but have to read the fine print. Another red flag was him rushing her instead of saying take your time, look over it and talk to me if you have any questions. Nope said here sign it as it's the best offer you're gonna get.

• Love 1
(edited)

Christie Clark (Carrie) left on her own.  She returned in 2006, and then Carrie/Austin were written out.  The writers brought them back in 2011, only to write them out again in 2012.  

Alison Sweeney slowly went from supporting to one of the leads.  Sami was a popular character, and AS stayed on the show while other actors/actresses left to do other things.

Yeah, I figured she became a lead simply because she was smart enough to know that staying on the show would be more advantageous to her career than leaving.  I feel she used common sense there. Others, not so much.

It seemed like the show was priming to make Melanie a character the show would rely on, but then she left too.  Of course, now she's come back, but I have no idea why since she's leaving again...

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

Alison Sweeney reminds me of Susan Lucci, Erica Slezak, and some others who stayed put.  Susan Lucci was once asked if she had ever thought about leaving AMC, and she said no.  She went on to say there was no guarantee she would ever get another role like Erica Kane.  At most, she might end up playing someone's wife or girlfriend, or getting small parts here or there.  As it was, by staying with AMC when she got the opportunity to be in other TV shows or movies, the producers/network were willing to work with her on her schedule so she could do them.

So JJ is going to track Paige down, and force her to talk to him?  Great, just what Salem needed, another stalker.  Except not.  Paige was right on the mark about Jenn.

Edited by TigerLynx

Ugh.

Look, I have rooted for couples well beyond the normal limits. Todd and Blair did horrible things to each other on OLTL but I loved them so completely and they earned that love in building up an honest and believable friendship before they fell in love that the foundation was stronger than a lot of shit that came after. And, believe me, there was a LOT of shit.

But Paige and JJ don't have any foundation so there's nothing there for me to fall back on going 'but THIS was real' all I see now is JJ completely obsessed with having Paige but not really acknowledging that all the shit he's done to have her have been pretty awful. Meanwhile, I want Paige and Eve to come to some sort of place of forgiveness because I do believe that their life together wasn't completely fraught with horror. They've been through stuff and I don't want Paige to forgive her tomorrow and I do think Eve needs to damn well earn it but I'm far more invested in a mother/daughter relationship repair than a high school romance that bled into college and is just... so fucked up.

JJ's obsessed and has put everything onto his relationship with Paige and that is not something I can get behind. Ever. It's... dude... you're 19, this is not the end of the world. Stop it! And the 'evidence' he has on Eve? What is that? "If I don't get back together with Paige then I'm sending you to jail!" Or whatever... maybe Jen can talk some sense into her idiot son. "Can I just tell you, from experience, that blackmailing Eve will cause so much more trouble than it's worth? Do not do this!!"

I'd like to think that if Jack were around he could tell his son a few things about earning redemption but, unfortunately, we're stuck with Daniel who will probably try to cry manly tears onto JJ to purify him while talking very seriously about truth, honesty, and the American Way.

And then Captain America can come and drop Daniel with one of his spinning kicks and be all 'There's only one God, sir, and he's not orange.'

I may have gotten a little carried away at the end there.

• Love 15

Your post is wonderful Dandesun, and that is why I want Jack to come back and help his kids..Jennifer enables and coddles them....The real Jennifer never coddled Jack, she was never afraid to call him out on his bull, but it was always tempered with her unwavering belief in him and her love for him..Sigh..I think that I am going to do a marathon of Jack and Jennifer on youtube this weekend.....

• Love 3

Fun fact: Michael Easton was also on Days, right? Back in the days of that nightclub and...maybe Melissa? 

ETA after I read back: yes shesajar! Tanner, right? What was your favorite Julie moment then? 

It wasn't a big moment, but it was very Julie back then. Someone was talking about Tanner and she just kind of rolled her eyes and said something dismissive about him and women being attracted to him  because of "that voice" in a mock-Tanner voice. His character, and his low rent Alec Baldwin voice impression, annoyed me, so I kind of loved her for it.

• Love 2

Paige has changed her wardrobe.  Now she's playing badass.  :D Loving her taking on Jennifer.

These people can never read a room.  Maxine just walks in and sticks her foot in it.  :)

Was JJ telling the truth about Daphne's boyfriend?

• Love 3
(edited)

These people can never read a room.  Maxine just walks in and sticks her foot in it.  :)

Maxine walks into every room singing the praises of Daniel, Jennifer or their spawn. Does she have another purpose?

I mean, it was hilarious in a way... Maxine just vomiting up praise for JJ while Paige is all 'Oh do be quiet, you have no idea!' And finally Maxine seems to catch on to the idea that not all is as it seems and excuses herself only to come back later to remind Jen that she's the bestest ever!!

I do not know where the Justin, Adrienne, Lucas... and Kate's there for reasons, I guess storyline is going but, to be honest, I'm kind of interested. My first experience with Wally Kurth was back in the 90s when he played Ned on GH and even though I enjoyed his performances I was never a huge Ned fan (and I was never too enthralled with singing on soaps and there was a whole storyline where WK got to play Eddie Maine and be a 'rock star' so that annoyed me, too) but I do like Kurth and, I have to say, he's looking good. So, yeah, I'm interested.

Which is more than I can say for the Brady, Theresa, Tater-tot crap. Hoo boy. Okay, so, I get that Theresa is the EVILEST EVIL THAT EVER EVILLED for driving the Purity That is Melanie (and Her Bizarre 80s Hair) out of Salem but that's not something I can ever hate her for. I can hold it against her that she is desperate for Brady whose stupidity has reached critical mass long ago and has wiped out any hotness factor he had going for him. It doesn't help that they never seemed to be able to settle on whether or not Brady and Theresa were feeling legit feelings for each other before the Whack-A-John shit happened and since then it's just been a mess. So, yeah, I don't care. I really enjoy Jen Lilly but I don't care about this story a'tall.

Two more things: Shut up, JJ! For fuck's sake, Eve! (I have a feeling I'll be saying those two things a lot.)

Edited by Dandesun
  • Love 3

It's hard to get worked up about Teresa after watching Kristen's shenanigans. Maybe the show should have spaced out the time frame between two women obsessing over the same guy, especially when the first one tops everybody else in insanity.

• Love 5

It's kind of hilarious watching all the people who gave Sami so much grief get cheated on or cheat themselves, but then the SL never goes anywhere, and it's back to boredomville.

• Love 4

Abigail will probably have to explain to Ben that because he couldn't discuss literature and art history with her, she had to sleep with Chad. 

Abifail can't read. That was a lie she made up, along with claiming she was a virgin when she had sex with Chad.

• Love 4
(edited)

Abigail will probably have to explain to Ben that because he couldn't discuss literature and art history with her, she had to sleep with Chad. 

abigail%20reads.gif

Now how COULD EJ or any other man resist anyone this smart???  Our Abs is SUCH a brainiac.

Edited by boes
  • Love 4

It's hard to get worked up about Teresa after watching Kristen's shenanigans. Maybe the show should have spaced out the time frame between two women obsessing over the same guy, especially when the first one tops everybody else in insanity.

Weirdly, the show actually acknowledges that. Remember when Jawn covered for Theresa nearly killing him because Kristen was worse?

I so enjoyed Paige today. They really should just keep her this way. TOB did a great job with the sick look Paige got on her face when she found out that Jen actually walked in on Eve and JJ having sex. I loved how she was so subtle with the look, instead of overplaying dramatically and turning it into a camp moment, and yet despite the subtlety you knew that she just felt so nauseated inside.

And cheers to her for pointing out that no, Jen wasn't thinking about her at all in this, she was just enabling her lying son and making sure he got what he wanted. I also loved that she pointed out repeatedly that she had been starting to get over JJ when he did his 180 and told her he wanted her back. That right there shows that, it's like Dandesun said above, this was just a high school romance that bled over into college. Not a lifelong OTP. If JJ and Jen had just let things be, Paige would've finished getting over him and moved on to a new boyfriend.

And JJ hasn't learned a damn thing, has he? First blackmailing Daphne, and then Eve, when Paige specifically told him how repulsive she found that. He said he'd do anything to make it right with Paige, and she told him that what he needed to do was stay away from her, but here he is, going full-on obsessive stalker instead. Ugh. I laughed when he was claiming to Eve that he'd faced his mistakes. No, Paige found out the truth on her and then slapped you and carried on until you had no choice but to admit what you did. And now you're running around doing the same shit you did before - blackmailing people, being selfish as hell instead of truly thinking about what Paige would want.

• Love 5

I concur with a lot that's been said above. I absolutely LOVE that Paige herself is getting to say all the things we've been saying for her for so long!

• Love 4
Was JJ telling the truth about Daphne's boyfriend?

Given Daphne's reaction, I'd say yes, he was spot-on.  That must be why she caved to his blackmail.  I was surprised to hear that her parents live right across the street from his family, though.

Then Daphne must come from money then, why is Daphne wasting her time attending whack ass Salem U. I'm pretty sure she could go anywhere she wanted. Maybe Daphne will be featured more down the road and have family casted and bring some diversity to Days.

• Love 2

I was surprised to hear that her parents live right across the street from his family, though.

When Paige first met JJ, she said she had heard him playing his guitar while she was visiting Daphne.

• Love 1

As we all know, Theresa is not exactly known for doing the right thing, so I don't see Brady as being bully re: the agreement he wanted her to sign. All he wanted to do was make sure she didn't leave Salem so that he could help to raise his child. He also wanted to provide support (physical & monetary) to both mother & child. 

• Love 3
(edited)

I think the only compelling part of Brady's and Teresa's storyline is Kimberley. (Although I'm not really getting why Teresa ever had issues with her mom in the first place). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1
(edited)

Brady originally told Theresa the baby would be raised by him and Melanie, and Theresa had no say in anything.  When Theresa didn't let him walk all over her, Brady had the custody agreement drawn up, and just expected Theresa to sign it.  If Brady really wanted to be fair, he would have told Theresa to have her attorney look over the agreement, and to see if there was anything she wanted to add or change.

Why hasn't Justin or Adrienne filed for divorce?  I'm surprised Lucas is willing to continue his fling with Adrienne when she hasn't moved to end her marriage to Justin.  Both Lucas and Sami used to be very anti-cheating, and they were never cheaters themselves.  TomSell and Ken Corday have no regard for character history.

I wonder if Justin and Kate will hook up?

Edited by TigerLynx
  • Love 2
(edited)

Brady originally told Theresa the baby would be raised by him and Melanie, and Theresa had no say in anything.  When Theresa didn't let him walk all over her, Brady had the custody agreement drawn up, and just expected Theresa to sign it.  If Brady really wanted to be fair, he would have told Theresa to have her attorney look over the agreement, and to see if there was anything she wanted to add or change.

Oh yeah,  I did find it strange that he expected her to sign it on the spot. 

I didn't realize that Brady wanted to raise the baby with just him and Melanie involved. Teresa's blackmail  makes so much more sense now. Melanie seemed to be pitching a fit that Teresa was using the baby to get Brady, but it seems she may have been protecting her ability to raise her child (although getting Brady might be  a side benefit). 

Edited by bantering
  • Love 1